Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

The minute Tyler tries to communicate with Catelynn about his feelings and things the therapist is recommending, Catelynn starts crying and turns the attention back to her. And Tyler just takes it. Tyler is the emotional dumping ground for both Catelynn and his father. I will be shocked if Catelynn ever agrees to show up for couples counseling. I can't believe they're actually having another baby. Catelynn doesn't seem to show that much interest in Nova as it is. 

It also bugs me that Catelynn is claiming Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Bristol's husband has legitimate PTSD. Catelynn appears to have depression and anxiety with a desperate need for attention thrown in for good measure. I'm sure she has serious mental health problems. But everyone seems to be claiming PTSD these days, and that is a serious disorder. You didn't get PTSD when your dog died. Tyler had a shit childhood too, and he's not even allowed to work on that because he is constantly either handling Cate or his Dad, or single parenting Nova.

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Kellyee said:

The minute Tyler tries to communicate with Catelynn about his feelings and things the therapist is recommending, Catelynn starts crying and turns the attention back to her. And Tyler just takes it. Tyler is the emotional dumping ground for both Catelynn and his father. I will be shocked if Catelynn ever agrees to show up for couples counseling. I can't believe they're actually having another baby. Catelynn doesn't seem to show that much interest in Nova as it is. 

She doesn't. She was away from her daughter for 6 weeks and just came waltzing in like she had been on a girl's night out. I went to Ireland for a week and when I was reunited with my kids, I broke down sobbing and couldn't stop hugging them. 

And how many times is she going to shirk doing the questionnaire Tyler's therapist asked her to do? She acts like it's the hardest thing ever. I get that when you have anxiety normal tasks can seem very overwhelming; but she truly shows no concern for trying to help Tyler with HIS pain and HIS issues. I'm so over it. 

• Love 17

It just really bothers me that MTV is making Cate out to be the spokesperson of mental illness.  While you can't make a diagnosis on someone strictly based on TV, it seems as though Cait has borderline personality disorder vs PTSD. It's just sad to see that the mental illness with Cate is clearly winning the battle. 

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Kellyee said:

It also bugs me that Catelynn is claiming Post Traumatic Stress Disorder. Bristol's husband has legitimate PTSD. Catelynn appears to have depression and anxiety with a desperate need for attention thrown in for good measure. I'm sure she has serious mental health problems. But everyone seems to be claiming PTSD these days, and that is a serious disorder. You didn't get PTSD when your dog died. Tyler had a shit childhood too, and he's not even allowed to work on that because he is constantly either handling Cate or his Dad, or single parenting Nova.

Tyler's shit childhood was based on having no dad because daryl was the way he was, and all the let downs that come from that.   Catelynn lived with violent alcoholics.  Big difference.   

I'm not defending Cate tho, I don't really believe she has a mental illness.   I think she went through some shit, that culminated with being pressured to put Carly up for adoption.   She was a kid when traumatic things happened, and it stunted her emotionally.    Her entire identity is trying to pretend that she doesn't regret it, but she does.   So when she wallows in that misery and makes Tyler pay for it, she sees it as justified on some level.   JMO.   She's fine when she's at award shows and vacations, etc, because she thinks she deserves it for what she sacrificed.    Her reasoning is way off but I think there's logic to why she acts that way.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video

I casually follow them on  Instagram, it seems like Tyler's the one who shares most of Nova's pics & videos.

GUYS, WHY ARE THEY HAVING ANOTHER BABY?????????????????

• Love 9

I just started the episode and I’m already annoyed. Cate spent 6 weeks away from Nova, returns and already drops her off at Tyler’s moms house to talk mental health on Dr. Oz. 

Poor Nova. If I were gone a fraction of the time cate was gone I’d want to not plan my next escape for at least a few months. 

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, Calm81 said:

Poor Nova. If I were gone a fraction of the time cate was gone I’d want to not plan my next escape for at least a few months. 

silly!  taking care of kids is *work*, and those selfish little buggers make it ALL ABOUT THEM!

wouldn't you rather be at a beautiful spa where you stay up all night watching movies, sleep all day, then come home for a second only to go on a fabulous paid trip while everyone told you how strong & brave you are?  Now, if you could only get your annoying husband to cut the shit w/all that "accountability" nonsense...

• Love 14
2 hours ago, teapot said:

Because it proves they are in a happy marriage!! 

Seriously, Catelynn really is a selfish prick, and one thing I can't stand about her is her "nanny nanny boo boo" attitude about it all. It seems like a lot of her posts on social media have been very "haha, would we be having another baby if the divorce rumors were true?! Look at my sexy husband gazing at himself in the mirror. Alll miiiiine!" It just comes off as "see? In yo' FACE bitchezzz!", while in the meantime Tyler is all "In my head. Can't get out of bed. I try to resuscitate, but when I do I be smothered by Cate. Thanks for listening to my poetry guys." OK, so she may "not watch the show", but she HAS to be aware of his social media...right? 

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

, while in the meantime Tyler is all "In my head. Can't get out of bed. I try to resuscitate, but when I do I be smothered by Cate. Thanks for listening to my poetry guys." OK, so she may "not watch the show", but she HAS to be aware of his social media...right? 

if Tyler reads this, he is totally gonna steal that line & not give you any credit whatsoever b/c that's just the kind of punk-ass bitch he is!

• Love 18
3 hours ago, teapot said:

I casually follow them on  Instagram, it seems like Tyler's the one who shares most of Nova's pics & videos.

34 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Because it proves they are in a happy marriage!! 

Exactly.  They are having this baby to prove Nova wasn't a fluke. Plus it gives Cate a reason to stay fat. If she really wants to go for a bonanza she'll claim "post partum" again (sigh.  The grammer on these people) and she can start the entire spa week cycle again. 

• Love 7
16 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meanwhile......

No lie, if I needed a standard wood or chain link fence and lived near them, I'd totally hire Butch (and report back to my PTV peeps).  

As for hiring his firm as my property "managamt," um....that's gonna be a no for me. I'm fine with ex-con Butch putting up a fence for me, but I feel like hiring any ex-con who has been to prison several times for hardcore drug use , drug related crimes, & domestic violence as a property manager is probably not the best idea for anyone who owns a rental property.  

But maybe property "managmt" here means he does manual labor/upkeep/odd jobs/landscaping/emergency repairs or something having to do with maintaining the physical appearances of people's properties or something....  Surely he means he does property maintenance, not property management. I just can't see many landlords hiring Butch as the guy who meets/approves perspective tenants, collects rent, addresses their issues, is the "face" representing the landlord, etc....

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19

My sympathy for Tyler only goes so far. If he doesn't want to be in the relationship then he needs to stop his bitching and end it. I think that the reason he hasn't to date is that he doesn't want to wreck his image. But, now that the fandom seems to be more on his side he's setting the groundwork to leave. Working on it with a counselor is a smokescreen, done so that he can leave Cate with "proof" that he tried his hardest to hang in there but in the end he can blame Cate. I think she knows it but is desperately trying cling to him while at the same time resenting him for "making" her give up Carly. Neither will take responsibility for their own behavior and neither will pull the plug on this farce, especially with another baby on the way. 

ETA: Not saying that Tyler shouldn't leave, but just that he needs to get his shit together and do it already.

Edited by MargeGunderson
  • Love 13
13 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

My sympathy for Tyler only goes so far. If he doesn't want to be in the relationship then he needs to stop his bitching and end it. I think that the reason he hasn't to date is that he doesn't want to wreck his image. But, now that the fandom seems to be more on his side he's setting the groundwork to leave. Working on it with a counselor is a smokescreen, done so that he can leave Cate with "proof" that he tried his hardest to hang in there but in the end he can blame Cate. I think she knows it but is desperately trying cling to him while at the same time resenting him for "making" her give up Carly. Neither will take responsibility for their own behavior and neither will pull the plug on this farce, especially with another baby on the way. 

ETA: Not saying that Tyler shouldn't leave, but just that he needs to get his shit together and do it already.

I agree but he screwed up by getting her pregnant again. 

No way will the Tyler fans support him leaving Cate w 2 kids...unless he takes them with him?? Poor Tyler, FORCED to take the kids away to save them from ever spiraling Catelynn?  Could work.  It could actually work

• Love 4
8 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I agree but he screwed up by getting her pregnant again. 

No way will the Tyler fans support him leaving Cate w 2 kids...unless he takes them with him?? Poor Tyler, FORCED to take the kids away to save them from ever spiraling Catelynn?  Could work.  It could actually work

Positive that the last thing she'd ever want is to be a single mom.  Mark my words, if they split up, she's gonna pull a Suzi.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

No lie, if I needed a standard wood or chain link fence and lived near them, I'd totally hire Butch (and report back to my PTV peeps).  

As for hiring his firm as my property "managamt," um....that's gonna be a no for me. I'm fine with ex-con Butch putting up a fence for me, but I feel like hiring any ex-con who has been to prison several times for hardcore drug use , drug related crimes, & domestic violence as a property manager is probably not the best idea for anyone who owns a rental property.  

But maybe property "managmt" here means he does manual labor/upkeep/odd jobs/landscaping/emergency repairs or something having to do with maintaining the physical appearances of people's properties or something....  Surely he means he does property maintenance, not property management. I just can't see many landlords hiring Butch as the guy who meets/approves perspective tenants, collects rent, addresses their issues, is the "face" representing the landlord, etc....

But if the power goes out, he can swing by with a candelabra to get you through!

• Love 13
17 hours ago, lexiexx said:

Tyler's shit childhood was based on having no dad because daryl was the way he was, and all the let downs that come from that.   Catelynn lived with violent alcoholics.  Big difference.  

Tyler lived with a violent addict too, though. Remember what Butch did to April? That's his dad. Sure, Butch was in and out of jail a lot; but when he was home, that was the kind of shit that he did. I don't really see the point in comparing, considering their parents married each other. They were exposed to a lot of the same stuff. 

• Love 6
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Meanwhile......

Management is spelled wrong.   And why the period after it?  Sigh. 

1 hour ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Oops.  Sorry, I did not see that you already noticed the "managamt".   

• Love 5

Honestly, I think Cate would probably love to play the poor wife whose husband left her to save his sanity. She would have a new reason to rush back to club med rehab. Cate may have mental health issues but I have seen nothing that would lead me to believe this rehab she keeps going back to is actually helping her nor does she seem to actually want to get better. When the rehab wants you to do outpatient treatment but you insist on getting on a plane for in-patient treatment, you have a problem. Hell, I am trying to understand why she wouldn’t want to go to rehab in her own state so she can see her child regularly. Why doesn’t she have weekly therapy sessions she goes to nearby?  Her doc would likely take her on an emergency basis if she felt she needed it. I think Cate wants to keep having to go to rehab so she doesn’t have to face actually being a full-time mother and all that comes with it.

For all his faults, Tyler is the most functional person in that family, including his mom who I always found a little odd. He has yet to basically abandon his kid every few months so he can re-enter the same rehab that doesn’t work but has movie nights so it’s ok. I think if Tyler leaves Cate, he will take the kids with him. I don’t see him abandoning them as he seems to continually try and take care of his family like Cate, Butch and his sister when they let him down. I am sure he will find tons of help to take care of the kids but he will be there. I think Cate would just throw them on April and have a continuous spa day life while not actually trying to improve her mental health. Tyler can be annoying but he is there everyday for his kid and doesn’t seem to be running away. 

• Love 11
5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Tyler lived with a violent addict too, though. Remember what Butch did to April? That's his dad. Sure, Butch was in and out of jail a lot; but when he was home, that was the kind of shit that he did. I don't really see the point in comparing, considering their parents married each other. They were exposed to a lot of the same stuff. 

That was when Tyler was an adult, had his own place, and he never even lived with butch and April.    There’s a difference between being a child who is always on the edge and constantly moving and having to live with your alcoholic moms new boyfriend , who’s is also most likely a violent alcoholic.     I don’t think you can compare the effects of that lifestyle during your formative years with hearing that butch beat April up after the fact and from the distance of your own place.   Tyler’s Mom is basically a normal person and that’s who he was with when he was growing up.    I would bet that April has been on physical altercations with most of her exes and is an abuser herself    

• Love 9
17 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Management is spelled wrong.   And why the period after it?  Sigh. 

Oops.  Sorry, I did not see that you already noticed the "managamt".   

I don’t think he got a license to be a property manager so I doubt he’d be able to collect rent, find suitable renters for the property owners lol. Methinks he got property managers to work WITH him as a team or like already mentioned, maintain the lawn and appearance of the property.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

An “exclusive “??

https://t.co/wcPQaiJh4t?amp=1

I took one for the team.  What a bunch of BS.

- Cate cried when she learned it was a girl as she wanted a boy so badly.

- She is happy to have a healthy child, no matter the gender since having her "miscarriage"

- She and Tyler are already talking about having another one to try for that boy.   But if God wants them to just have girls they are ok with it.

You are welcome. 

Things I hate:

- "just" have girls

- only complimenting NotCarly's looks instead of other qualities.

Edited by SuzWhat
  • Love 22
14 hours ago, lexiexx said:

That was when Tyler was an adult, had his own place, and he never even lived with butch and April.    There’s a difference between being a child who is always on the edge and constantly moving and having to live with your alcoholic moms new boyfriend , who’s is also most likely a violent alcoholic.     I don’t think you can compare the effects of that lifestyle during your formative years with hearing that butch beat April up after the fact and from the distance of your own place.   Tyler’s Mom is basically a normal person and that’s who he was with when he was growing up.    I would bet that April has been on physical altercations with most of her exes and is an abuser herself    

Do we know for a fact that Butch was never violent with Kim? That his home was always stable? Butch didn't suddenly become a violent addict with April. I'd wager Tyler saw a lot of shit growing up.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

Things I hate:

- "just" have girls

-taking another opportunity to remind us all that she has "mental illness"

at the beginning, I thought Ty was kind of a douche, and that Cate was sweet, if a little insecure and lost.  It's almost flip-flopped completely.

• Love 14
45 minutes ago, SuzWhat said:

- She is happy to have a healthy child, no matter the gender since having her "miscarriage"

- She and Tyler are already talking about having another one to try for that boy.   But if God wants them to just have girls they are ok with it.

You are welcome. 

Things I hate:

- "just" have girls

Yes! Having a girl child is not some kind of consolation prize. Believe it or not, Baltierras, some people like my parents didn't mind having 4 girls and no boys. And double-shocker my dad still had someone to watch football with and take camping. You'll live. 

• Love 18
1 hour ago, SuzWhat said:

You are welcome. 

Things I hate:

- "just" have girls

Yes.  I also hate the very public acknowledgement of wanting a boy instead of a girl.    I "get" that someone might really want a specific gender, but how about not announcing how disappointed you are to the world?  Your kid is going to read that one day and know that you weren't really happy about her.

And does Cate even interact with NotCarly enough to KNOW about any other qualities?

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Birdee said:

Yes! Having a girl child is not some kind of consolation prize. Believe it or not, Baltierras, some people like my parents didn't mind having 4 girls and no boys. And double-shocker my dad still had someone to watch football with and take camping. You'll live. 

I have two granddaughters (six and two) and wouldn't trade them for a trainload of boys.  I'm not anti-boy, but those sisters are an endless source of joy to me.

• Love 15

This shit sickens me!!! You two shouldn’t be having any more children PERIOD let alone squawk about being disappointed in the gender!!!!! “Let’s keep trying for the boy because then we will be happy to parent that one! “Fuck you Cate & Ty!!!! 

On a side note: I’m also annoyed how the thought of having daughters is seen as an unlucky draw by many countries. We are all gifts. 

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 21

From the article in US Weekly:

“We were not planning it, especially after the miscarriage and how I went downhill with my mental illness,” she explained, referring to her struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. “At first, Tyler was very shocked and nervous, but he obviously came around to it and was super pumped once the initial shock wore off and it sunk in.”

1. She “went downhill?” ?

2. I know being mentaly ill can include having more than one diagnosis, but I am shocked she didn’t use the word “trauma” or mention her PTSD, that was somehow diagnosed while she watched movies late at night and skipped classes at the spa. I also noticed that she didn’t refer to how she is going to balance being a wife, parent of two and “working to spread the word about mental health issues.” At least try to make it look like you’re not glued to your couch 24/7 for the magazine’s readers who don’t watch the show!

For the record, it still blows my mind that she thinks she is exempt from complying with medical advice to stay off of social media.  I really hope the next time she tries to make a reservation at the spa, she is denied because she didn’t follow one basic after-care rule. (I know, I know) 

3. Tyler obviously come around to it? Tell us Cate, how exactly did he do that? Is he super pumped? I need to see the receipts. (Pumping iron and showing us his “iron” doesn’t count!) Posting plagiarized original journal entries and other written works while trying to pass it off as his own doesn’t count either! Not a damn word that I’ve even attempted to skim (only when they’re posted here) had mentioned anything about a baby, joy, or anything else positive. All I remember reading is that he can’t sleep...and this isn’t even with a new baby in the house! 

(Seriously though, everyone I know who has kept or does keep a journal actually used/used an actual journal and pen, including my high school students.)

I have horrible insomnia (even with meds) and I use a pen and notebook to jot down all of the stuff running through my head that keeps me awake. The process of physically writing out the words helps to “tell my brain” that I won’t forget to do XYZ and helps to turn off my brain. Hey Tyler, LED light and its impact is a real thing, even with a darkened screen. Step away from your phone and maybe you’d get some sleep.

Both of these morons need to ditch their iPhones and use a flip phones instead. 

In lieu of Cate ending every freakin sentence with “...and stuff.” or “...so...”, if she ever expanded on details and/or provided specific examples, I would send her a truck full of quesadillas!

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, Bridget said:

From the article in US Weekly:

“We were not planning it, especially after the miscarriage and how I went downhill with my mental illness,” she explained, referring to her struggle with depression and suicidal thoughts. “At first, Tyler was very shocked and nervous, but he obviously came around to it and was super pumped once the initial shock wore off and it sunk in.”

1. She “went downhill?” ?

2. I know being mentaly ill can include having more than one diagnosis, but I am shocked she didn’t use the word “trauma” or mention her PTSD, that was somehow diagnosed while she watched movies late at night and skipped classes at the spa. I also noticed that she didn’t refer to how she is going to balance being a wife, parent of two and “working to spread the word about mental health issues.” At least try to make it look like you’re not glued to your couch 24/7 for the magazine’s readers who don’t watch the show!

For the record, it still blows my mind that she thinks she is exempt from complying with medical advice to stay off of social media.  I really hope the next time she tries to make a reservation at the spa, she is denied because she didn’t follow one basic after-care rule. (I know, I know) 

3. Tyler obviously come around to it? Tell us Cate, how exactly did he do that? Is he super pumped? I need to see the receipts. (Pumping iron and showing us his “iron” doesn’t count!) Posting plagiarized original journal entries and other written works while trying to pass it off as his own doesn’t count either! Not a damn word that I’ve even attempted to skim (only when they’re posted here) had mentioned anything about a baby, joy, or anything else positive. All I remember reading is that he can’t sleep...and this isn’t even with a new baby in the house! 

(Seriously though, everyone I know who has kept or does keep a journal actually used/used an actual journal and pen, including my high school students.)

I have horrible insomnia (even with meds) and I use a pen and notebook to jot down all of the stuff running through my head that keeps me awake. The process of physically writing out the words helps to “tell my brain” that I won’t forget to do XYZ and helps to turn off my brain. Hey Tyler, LED light and its impact is a real thing, even with a darkened screen. Step away from your phone and maybe you’d get some sleep.

Both of these morons need to ditch their iPhones and use a flip phones instead. 

In lieu of Cate ending every freakin sentence with “...and stuff.” or “...so...”, if she ever expanded on details and/or provided specific examples, I would send her a truck full of quesadillas!

Translation: She told him she went off birth control and tricked his ass and she wasn't going to have an abortion. "You want to keep seeing these MTV checks? Smile happy for the cameras or I'll cut you off like Kail did Javi".

Catelynn knows the only thing she has she can hold Tyler with now is the threat of cutting of his access to that red light.

Edited by Brooklynista
  • Love 21
5 hours ago, Brooklynista said:

Translation: She told him she went off birth control and tricked his ass and she wasn't going to have an abortion. "You want to keep seeing these MTV checks? Smile happy for the cameras or I'll cut you off like Kail did Javi".

Catelynn knows the only thing she has she can hold Tyler with now is the threat of cutting of his access to that red light.

The only thing is Tyler is regarded higher than Javi because he was the original dad and people have watched him from the beginning.

Basically, he’s the only one doing anything in their scenes while she zones out on the couch chin quivering some “how dare you stress me out while I’m so vulnerable to stress” manipulation. She needs him for the their spot on the show just as much as he needs her. Javi was the second father to come around and not to the original baby, Isaac. So him leaving was like Nathan leaving. No big deal - just like we would all be content watching Gary versus Numatt or oldmatt.

I hope I made sense ?

• Love 11
11 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Do we know for a fact that Butch was never violent with Kim? That his home was always stable? Butch didn't suddenly become a violent addict with April. I'd wager Tyler saw a lot of shit growing up.

just the fact that we haven't heard Tyler talk about it ad nauseam  and write poetry about it is enough for me to know it wasn't his experience.    ever since he has been on MTV the story has been that butch was gone and out of the picture because he was a career criminal who couldn't stay out of jail.     do you really think Tyler wouldn't have made a storyline about that?   you can think what you want of course, but I believe that  cate is a basket case because she has had a traumatic life.   She was willing to give her kid up to keep some douchebag because she learned to shut her mouth and try to please people to avoid conflict to feel safe and loved.   I"m really not a cate fan but it's pretty easy to see how she could have ended up the way she did.  Tyler on the other hand had  the confidence to jump in and manipulate the situation, was fully backed by his mother, and is just fine with his decision.   Didn't she even mention that another one of April's boyfriends got physical with her before daryl?   Tyler doesn't have a mental illness other than how he needs to be sad about something to keep up his character on the show.  Cate's issues are typical of domestic abuse survivors.    If they had broken up, cate would be in another similar dysfunctional relationship with some other guy rn.  Tyler would just be his same old self, but without money and hobbies like renovating homes.   JMO, YMMV.  

• Love 4
15 hours ago, SuzWhat said:

Things I hate:

- "just" have girls

It drives me batshit. It’s right up there with Kail’s “Boy Mom Tribe Pack Leader Tssssst!” horseshit 

• Love 9
On 9/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, galaxychaser said:

dang that made laugh. what name rhymes with nova?

jova

kova

ova

bova

mova

dova

zova

I thought these were words when you want to visit at the Baltierra house. Mova Ova Cate, I have to sit somewhere!!

Edited by smacaluso2003
  • Love 3
13 hours ago, lexiexx said:

just the fact that we haven't heard Tyler talk about it ad nauseam  and write poetry about it is enough for me to know it wasn't his experience.    ever since he has been on MTV the story has been that butch was gone and out of the picture because he was a career criminal who couldn't stay out of jail.     do you really think Tyler wouldn't have made a storyline about that?   you can think what you want of course, but I believe that  cate is a basket case because she has had a traumatic life.   She was willing to give her kid up to keep some douchebag because she learned to shut her mouth and try to please people to avoid conflict to feel safe and loved.   I"m really not a cate fan but it's pretty easy to see how she could have ended up the way she did.  Tyler on the other hand had  the confidence to jump in and manipulate the situation, was fully backed by his mother, and is just fine with his decision.   Didn't she even mention that another one of April's boyfriends got physical with her before daryl?   Tyler doesn't have a mental illness other than how he needs to be sad about something to keep up his character on the show.  Cate's issues are typical of domestic abuse survivors.    If they had broken up, cate would be in another similar dysfunctional relationship with some other guy rn.  Tyler would just be his same old self, but without money and hobbies like renovating homes.   JMO, YMMV.  

I'd have to wade back through his poetry (and I'm not sure I want to do that), but when I first glanced over it, I'm pretty sure there was stuff that alluded to a fairly traumatic childhood. People deal with trauma in different ways; so just because he's not as vocal about it as Cate, that doesn't mean it wasn't there. 

Being in and out of jail means there was OUT time. It's not like Butch was never around. And, I think the very fact of HAVING a father locked up for a part of your childhood could be pretty traumatic itself. You never know when he's going away again, when you'll see him next. 

Tyler and Cate just have different personalities. I think most of how we turn out is a combination of nature vs. nurture. That's why not all victims of childhood abuse turn out the same way. But Tyler has said that he tried to commit suicide when he was much younger. And look how his sister turned out. That girl is a fucking mess. I'm not interested in comparing tit for tat; but I think both Tyler and Cate grew up in incredibly shitty ways. 

• Love 8

I start to feel really bad for Tyler.. but then I think.. if things were really THAT bad.. there's no way he would be having sex with her. Period. And then to say he was nervous about the pregnancy at first... well then don't have unprotected sex Tyler!  

• Love 11

I grew up with a family of 4 girls and 1 boy. The boy was the youngest and all the girls were very open about how their dad would say that he wanted to keep having kids until he had a son.  All the girls said that they knew their brother was their father's favorite and now that they are all grown, the girls barely have a relationship with their father.  I think that something about them knowing that they were a disappointment from birth made them less likely to want to spend time with their dad. And, as teenagers, a couple of them had textbook "daddy issues".

What's wrong with just being happy with the children you are blessed with and treating them with love?  

• Love 7