Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

On 11/4/2018 at 9:08 AM, KittyKat133 said:

I’m sorry, I can snark on how selfish and awful catelynn is for days, however what dawn did to those two was totally disgusting. 

They were two 16 year old, poor, uneducated, kids of trailer trash and drug addicts who had no zero support or guidance. 

DAWN is the one who is the monster. Convincing them that an open adoption was something totally different than what it really was! The way they described it was that they get a visit every year, can have contact etc. etc. 

Then years later when they get denied a visit they go to dawn to go over the contract with them and she explains it in a very different way where they have basically ZERO rights. 

That I feel awful for them.  

I agree. HOWEVER, Cate & Tyler know the reality of a so-called "open adoption" now (and have to know that even their open adoption is much more open that most open adoptions, as most eventually close altogether).  They (especially Catelynn) know exactly how hurt they are by the untrue picture Dawn & Bethany sold them in order to get that oh-so-coveted healthy white baby for their adoption agency.  

They know Bethany misconstrued "open adoption" to be something it isn't.  They know by now that open adoption agreements are in no way legally enforceable.  They know how much pain this so-called "open adoption" caused them.

Yet here they are, still pretending like they weren't lied to about what open adoption really meant. Here they are pretending like the majority of Catelynn's "trauma" isn't from Tyler pressuring her to place Carly for adoption & seeing that "open adoptions" aren't really as open as Dawn made it sound.  They know damn well that shady agencies like Bethany misconstrue what an open adoption means to potential birth parents in order to get those birth parents (many of whom are young, poor, or uneducated...or simply uniformed about the realities of open adoptions) to place their babies so the agencies have infants for perspective adoptive parents. (I'm not knocking adoption in general; I am just criticizing Bethany's tactics and other shady agencies' tactics.)

They know how much pain this has caused them. They know how much regret it has caused Catelynn.  Yet they still sit here on national television pretending like Dawn & Bethany are amazing and didn't pretty much lie to them.  I don't think their on the pro-life/Bethany "placing a baby for adoption is awesome" speaking tour dole anymore...yet here they are still acting like everything is hunky-dory with Dawn and the adoption.  But they know it's bullshit.  Yet here they are spewing this bullshit to the public, including possibly pregnant teens and vulnerable women who will totally misunderstand the realities of open adoptions and wonder why their social worker and the adoptive parents have completely ghosted them as soon as the adoption is completely finalized.  We've seen a lot of their pain around what happened with the adoption, but I'm sure there are also people out there who think open adoption means calling your bio-child on their birthday while your social worker comes over for salad and a party every year and having the bio-child at your future wedding.  Cate & Tyler are essentially still shilling for Bethany with scenes like this when they know better now.  / rant over

37 minutes ago, geauxaway said:

Is she still a stripper?  Maybe her good heels are super important to her performance!  

I believe she is/was. I think Tyler bought gifted her a breast enlargement to help with her career.

(Yeah, that's kind of something weird for a brother to buy, but I'm not even hating on her stripping in the past because that's a legitimate job and it's certainly more work than most of the Teen Mom girls & plenty of hanger-on significant others/family members have done since this show started). 

Sorry for the overly-wordy rant above about Tyler-Catelynn-Bethany-Dawn above where I restated the same thing several times.

I just have all the feelings about how shady agencies like Bethany (and Dawn personally) portray open adoptions and at this point, those feelings have extended to Cate & Tyler now for continuing "promoting" open adoption in this way.  Again, no hate to adoption/adoptive parents/birth parents/adopted kids in general....just the shady tactics some of the agencies use. 

• Love 23
On 11/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, druzy said:

If this isn't edited and Tyler is really doing the work, I think he will be able to find work after Teen Mom is cancelled.

I think that although he's a crap father, Butch has taught Tyler some construction skills, which he could use to get a real job once his TV career is over.

• Love 16
14 hours ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

I agree. HOWEVER, Cate & Tyler know the reality of a so-called "open adoption" now (and have to know that even their open adoption is much more open that most open adoptions, as most eventually close altogether).  They (especially Catelynn) know exactly how hurt they are by the untrue picture Dawn & Bethany sold them in order to get that oh-so-coveted healthy white baby for their adoption agency.  

They know Bethany misconstrued "open adoption" to be something it isn't.  They know by now that open adoption agreements are in no way legally enforceable.  They know how much pain this so-called "open adoption" caused them.

Yet here they are, still pretending like they weren't lied to about what open adoption really meant. Here they are pretending like the majority of Catelynn's "trauma" isn't from Tyler pressuring her to place Carly for adoption & seeing that "open adoptions" aren't really as open as Dawn made it sound.  They know damn well that shady agencies like Bethany misconstrue what an open adoption means to potential birth parents in order to get those birth parents (many of whom are young, poor, or uneducated...or simply uniformed about the realities of open adoptions) to place their babies so the agencies have infants for perspective adoptive parents. (I'm not knocking adoption in general; I am just criticizing Bethany's tactics and other shady agencies' tactics.)

They know how much pain this has caused them. They know how much regret it has caused Catelynn.  Yet they still sit here on national television pretending like Dawn & Bethany are amazing and didn't pretty much lie to them.  I don't think their on the pro-life/Bethany "placing a baby for adoption is awesome" speaking tour dole anymore...yet here they are still acting like everything is hunky-dory with Dawn and the adoption.  But they know it's bullshit.  Yet here they are spewing this bullshit to the public, including possibly pregnant teens and vulnerable women who will totally misunderstand the realities of open adoptions and wonder why their social worker and the adoptive parents have completely ghosted them as soon as the adoption is completely finalized.  We've seen a lot of their pain around what happened with the adoption, but I'm sure there are also people out there who think open adoption means calling your bio-child on their birthday while your social worker comes over for salad and a party every year and having the bio-child at your future wedding.  Cate & Tyler are essentially still shilling for Bethany with scenes like this when they know better now.  / rant over

I believe she is/was. I think Tyler bought gifted her a breast enlargement to help with her career.

(Yeah, that's kind of something weird for a brother to buy, but I'm not even hating on her stripping in the past because that's a legitimate job and it's certainly more work than most of the Teen Mom girls & plenty of hanger-on significant others/family members have done since this show started). 

Sorry for the overly-wordy rant above about Tyler-Catelynn-Bethany-Dawn above where I restated the same thing several times.

I just have all the feelings about how shady agencies like Bethany (and Dawn personally) portray open adoptions and at this point, those feelings have extended to Cate & Tyler now for continuing "promoting" open adoption in this way.  Again, no hate to adoption/adoptive parents/birth parents/adopted kids in general....just the shady tactics some of the agencies use. 

I agree, you’re right. I feel like they drank the kool aide, Caitlyn made the biggest mistake of her life doing so, but she has to keep telling herself the same thing over and over because she’s not yet ready to deal with the truth of it all. 

Thst need to live in this fantasy. You know after all her spa trips I’m shocked she hasn’t come to terms with the truth about Bethany and how they preyed upon them. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, NannyBails said:

Okay, I don't watch the show -- but they had an actual BIRTHDAY PARTY with a CAKE for Carly ... who is not THERE?  

I'd like to understand if this is something other birth parents do? 

I know you didn't ask for a clip but just in case:

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4

I feel like some blame should be put on Brandon and Theresa too. They lead catelynn and Tyler onto an idea that this was going to be an open adoption too. They gave them the idea of yearly visits. I can pick Tyler and Caitlyn apart for how they are selfish and stupid all I want but I still think they were two CHILDREN lied to by adults who gave them a false sense of the reality of the situation 

I think Theresa is now just trying to do what’s best for Carly and Caitlyn can’t get that through her thick head that it’s not all about her and her trauma. It’s about the CHILD! And it sounds to me like Carly doesn’t want to see them! I’m sure she has feelings about nova too “the child that they kept”.

• Love 10

Although many open adoptions close & open adoption agreements are not legally enforceable in most states*, I tend to think B&T would have held up their part of the deal if Teen Mom didn't become a show.  I also think that C&T wouldn't be as obsessive over Carly and demanding if the adoption wasn't their story line for nearly a decade, and they'd be easier to deal with, so to speak. B&T have already done so much more than many adoptive parents with open adoptions would have done in their shoes. They know Carly didn't sign up to be a kind of unseen cast member on the show with no say and have to do what's in her best interest as well.  Many people would have closed the adoption long ago - when Tyler was saying awful things about them, when Butch was refusing Carly's parents' request for him not to talk to her, when crazed TM fans showed up at Brandon's work, etc.  B&T have done a lot more than many parents would do.  I think that's partly because they at one time did want to try to promote/share the story of adoption, but also because for a while, Cate & Theresa really did share a special bond (and despite everything, I think it is still there to some degree).  Remember Cate & Theresa's moment at C&T's wedding before Cate walked down the aisle? There was a strong bond there and I think despite the crazy from the show & the Baltierra crew in geneal, Theresa still loves Cate, even if she doesn't think being around her is what's best for Carly right now. 

*https://adoption.org/open-adoption-agreements-legally-enforceable

• Love 19
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I could be wrong, but I think this was done with sincerity. I feel Catelynn and Tyler screwed it up.

Yea that or Carly isn’t handling the visits well anymore now that’s she’s older and it’s doing more harm than good. Which I think Theresa was trying to tell Caitlyn’s dumb ass. 

• Love 15
On 11/5/2018 at 4:26 PM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Wow deep true post sad for them ?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, kokapetl said:

I can’t say I feel badly for Brandon and Teresa. They got the baby, they are by far the big winners. 

Agreed. I feel all three of the adults did what they had to and said what they needed to so they could get their hands on that baby. Cate and Tyler were easy marks and the three adults circled like vultures. Teresa staying overly cordial after the process always seemed like guilt to me.

Dawn stays around in hopes  of getting another blond, blue eyed baby from Cate. 

• Love 9
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Not sure if I read this, actually saw it, or had a dream......wasn’t the “open” part of the adoption in place until Carly turned 5?

I read that somewhere too. I think it was 5 or 7 years old?

• Love 2

I never saw this video. Cate and Tyler are advocating for open adoption. I'm assuming they were paid by Bethenny. I put on closed caption because the sound isn't that great. 

Edited by druzy
  • Love 4

Dawn is a piece of shit for filling their heads with nonsense, but so are Cate and Tyler.   They made a living promoting that adoption service when the show was off the air.   Right there you have video of Cate saying that you choose what you want.   Knowing full well that she had no idea whatsoever that she wouldn't even know her kids last name after it was born.   Or where they lived.   They already filmed that shit for MTV, how she could go ahead and try to coerce other pregnant teenagers to go down that road is something that I don't understand.   She also reiterated that on an MTV reunion show, saying that the birth mom chooses what contact she wants.   When in reality it's basically a wishlist that doesn't mean shit and isn't binding in the slightest.    How gross.

Tyler has no reason to be mad, because his whole agenda was also to tell Cate what she wanted to hear in order to get her to agree to the adoption.   He gives no fucks about seeing Carly.    It's just basically whether his storyline will be about Tyler having the sads over seeing the kid he selflessly gave up for adoption to the barren couple and doesn't get to raise, or whether he has the sads because the barren couple won't let him see his long lost daughter who he has the sads over.    He's real sad.   

Edited by lexiexx
  • Love 14
On 11/7/2018 at 12:30 AM, KittyKat133 said:

I feel like some blame should be put on Brandon and Theresa too. They lead catelynn and Tyler onto an idea that this was going to be an open adoption too. They gave them the idea of yearly visits. I can pick Tyler and Caitlyn apart for how they are selfish and stupid all I want but I still think they were two CHILDREN lied to by adults who gave them a false sense of the reality of the situation 

I think Theresa is now just trying to do what’s best for Carly and Caitlyn can’t get that through her thick head that it’s not all about her and her trauma. It’s about the CHILD! And it sounds to me like Carly doesn’t want to see them! I’m sure she has feelings about nova too “the child that they kept”.

At the time, though, B&T might have meant it. Their intentions may have been real and they could have really thought that yearly visits, communication, etc. would happen. As time went on, though, and the whole thing became a clusterfuck, they had to reevaluate. First all the MTV filming, then C&T complaining about B&T on TV, then the fans trying to doxx them, etc. When they first signed up for this, they thought they were going to be a part of a simple documentary and that C&T were poor teenagers who'd been given a bad lot in life and were trying to dig their way into a better future. It wasn't until much later that things started to go awry. I don't think that B&T knew what they were getting into and they've tried to adapt as best as they could.

1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Farrah did get scared and quit though.

I know. And it's really funny. I just don't like Cate throwing burritos at fake asses. 

• Love 15
19 hours ago, druzy said:

I never saw this video. Cate and Tyler are advocating for open adoption. I'm assuming they were paid by Bethenny. I put on closed caption because the sound isn't that great. 

The before and after Cate is such a shocking contrast. Aside from her see through black bra, Cate looked adorable with nice curves in the old video. If she would get that old haircut back it might improve her self esteem a little to then eat a healthier diet.

Nice to see the before and after of how the adoption worked out for them. Dawn is awful.

• Love 9

"...we have to trust the parental decisions that we gave them the rights to make in the first place."

Fuck off, Tyler.  You didn't bestow any rights or anything else on them.  You put the baby up for adoption, and that is where your rights ended.  They earned the right to raise their child when they legally adopted her.  There was no transfer from you to them.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Farrah did get scared and quit though.

I'd like to see a show of hands of anybody who thought she would actually go through with it? I'm only surprised that she didn't take it all the way to entering the ring, and THEN hightailing it out of there for dramatic effect. 

I have more respect for someone who quits a celebrity boxing match than someone who quits life on the regular. *disclaimer, that doesn't mean I actually have any respect for Farrah because I don't...or Cate* 

• Love 13
On 11/8/2018 at 9:26 AM, LBS said:

What the what?  Is Tyler sounding mature and rational in that last tweet?  Cats are dogs.  Up is down.   Quesadillas are low fat.  I know this has been said a hundred times before but I really hope that when this show ends, Tyler divorces Catelynn, gets full custody of Nova and Iswearitsnotatrapbaby, and starts living his best life.  He's an ass but at least he has shown some growth* over the last 9 years.  

*growth being relative in the TM world.  

He is being mature, for sure!  BUT of course he HAS to throw in that "...trust the parental decisions that we gave them..."

• Love 8
On 9/20/2018 at 8:40 AM, ghoulina said:

Cate is so naive. Pregnancies happen, sadly, even in the worst of circumstances. My mother got pregnant with me at the tail end of her relationship with my father. They were legally separated and in the divorce process by the time I was born. This pregnancy proves nothing, except that she pits thought into the welfare of her children.

A working reproductive system isn’t a signal of a strong relationship. And people have sex with people they cannot stand all the time. Women become pregnant after rape and sexual assault- becoming pregnant doesn’t mean they are deeply in love with the father! It’s so insulting for her to post something so........ignorant. 

Edited by Scarlett45
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Caracoa1 said:

And Cate wonders why Brandon and Teresa do not want her around Carly?!

Cate should keep her mouth shut. She's ragging on Farrah for running away, when Cate runs more than anyone and all the way to Arizona. I bet Farrah doesn't even remember her name lol. 

• Love 12
On 11/6/2018 at 9:24 AM, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Even if other birth parents do something to commemorate the birth of the child they placed for adoption, they don't do it on national television.

I think this is a lot of the problem with the C&T/B&T relationship. I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with birth parents celebrating their adopted kid's birthday, but I can also see how that might be weird/bothersome to the adoptive parents. In the absence of national televising/SM overexposure, the birth parents could do their celebration in private or share it (privately) with the kid and her family via a call or sending the video and it wouldn't be as big of a deal at all. Having everything on MTV/on SM being commented on by hundreds of people makes it infinitely more difficult and complicated.

On 11/8/2018 at 5:55 AM, Brooklynista said:

Agreed. I feel all three of the adults did what they had to and said what they needed to so they could get their hands on that baby. Cate and Tyler were easy marks and the three adults circled like vultures. Teresa staying overly cordial after the process always seemed like guilt to me.

Dawn stays around in hopes  of getting another blond, blue eyed baby from Cate. 

ITA. As I recall, B&T originally didn't want an open adoption, but they agreed to it in order to get a healthy white infant. I think they kind of talked themselves into being ok with it and genuinely gave it a shot, but I feel like they were never truly, deeply committed to the concept and were strongly influenced/guilted by the show to go even as far as they did. But they told C&T whatever they felt they had to to get the baby. Dawn/Bethany totally used C&T and got a lot of mileage out of them. They used them as spokespeople for years (recruiting other birth parents, especially poor, white parents like C&T and publicizing the agency to prospective adoptive parents (I believe that B&T also shilled for them)). For the same reasons, Dawn made multiple appearances on the show offering post-adoption counseling and support that is not available to any of their other birth parents. Cate even participated in recruiting B&T's second child's birth mom and was with her when she gave birth.

So I don't have much sympathy for B&T. Unlike C&T, they were old/wise enough to understand that the adoption would likely play out more complicatedly than the rosy picture Bethany was selling, but they took those risks in order to get a healthy white infant (which they got). C&T are definitely immature and fucked up and not people most responsible parents would choose to be involved in their child's life, but I don't see what they've done so far that is so damaging/dangerous to Carly. I can understand B&T's objections to the SM postings about Carly, but I think that has mostly calmed down (I think Tyler broke that prohibition with some innocuous (except for the violation of agreed-upon boundaries) pictures of Carly a while ago, but, as far as I know (and I don't follow them), it hasn't happened since then (for a year+)). I can totally understand why B&T wouldn't like/trust C&T and how it would be much easier for them not to deal with them at all, but I feel like putting up with annoying people is part of life, especially when those people are your relatives (and C&T are essentially B&T's relatives, relatives whom they actually chose).

Carly's birth parents could have ended up being like Butch and April, people who would show up high to the yearly visits, be in and out of jail, show up unannounced (and high) at Carly's school, cuss out/fight B&T, etc., etc. Dealing with ongoing boundary setting around posting on SM isn't really in the same category.

• Love 9

Dealing with ongoing boundary setting around posting on SM isn't really in the same category.

When “fans”, and “haters” are put in the mix, and the parents have requested certain limits, and have been threatened through social media, and in person, it makes for a screwed up situation. IMO.

Quite the run on sentence........

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 12

@TheRealT much love your your post. I agree- now C&T have made many mistakes and done many things WRONG regarding privacy and boundaries with Carly and her parents, BUT B&T said whatever they needed to say to get their hands on a health white baby. I do think Theresa did end up having genuine feelings for Catelynn, but something tells me had the show NOT evolved they would’ve closed the adoption as soon as the papers were signed. 

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

When “fans”, and “haters” are put in the mix, and the parents have requested certain limits, and have been threatened through social media, and in person, it makes for a screwed up situation. IMO.

Quite the run on sentence........

I also agree with you as well. B&T absolutely shouldn’t have to endure harassment on social media etc, but they had no problems with Catelynn’s social media presence when they wished to adopt their second child- Catelynn was influential in that girl’s story. 

Dont get me wrong- B&T have every right to close the adoption, but I think they know in their hearts why they’ve allowed it to remain open and how Bethany used C&T. I can see Catelynn never forgiving Bethany for what happened (and how she and Tyler were deceived) but still wanting a good relationship with B & T. 

• Love 8

Did anyone in the most recent episode (the one their aired tonight) see the way Caitlyn made her coffee???? 

Sugary, fattening, artificial, probably filled with GMOs and TRANS FATS, grossly sweet vanilla bean coffee mate creamer AND a huge thing of sugar! 

Why bother drinking coffee! 

Shes gonna have a heart attack by 40! I bet when she’s home she feeds nova shit food too. 

That just totally grossed me out and it’s SO typical. Guess all those months at the spa didn’t have a nutrition class. What you eat and drink effects your mental state. She didn’t get that lesson I guess. She will just buy another horse or pig or other barnyard animal she doesn’t need to fill a temporary void until it gets too hard. 

On on another note, where has April been? Is she back on the crack pipe? Doesn’t want to have too much screen time?

• Love 2