Type keyword(s) to search

Catelynn (and Tyler)

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, druzy said:

I see your stay at the spa has brought out the best in you Cate. Keep that positive attitude. 

haters.png

Wow! She got up off her ass and took her kid to school! Someone give this woman a Gold Star!

• Love 22

Cate uses her depression as a shield. She thinks she can get away with calling people ignorant, hatters, homeless etc. but if anyone makes a comment she doesn't like they are evil because she is depressed and wanted to kill herself. Afterall, she is on a crusade to end the stigma by using hashtags and fighting with haters.

expert.png

• Love 10
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Tyler-Captain of Industry

I'm sure Wharton & Stern are fighting over who is going to bag Tyler as a faculty member with all this amazing business acumen of his....

2 hours ago, TresGatos said:

Wow! She got up off her ass and took her kid to school! Someone give this woman a Gold Star!

Right? FFS, even Jenelle takes Kaiser to school/daycare.  

BTW, Cate, most of us also go to work or do something productive with the rest of our day after dropping our kids off. Taking them to school/daycare isn't such a damn accomplishment that we have to tweet about it.  The delusion is so strong with the girls on this show.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 19

For as much as her and Tyler claim to want to educate people on the ins and outs of mental health, any time someone challenges them or doesn’t agree they say “do your research”... I can’t believe I’m going to say this because I do think there is a lot more that could be done as far as mental health is concerned... the world isn’t as ignorant abut it as they make it seem. Millions suffer from various mental health related issues and the few who don’t likely have someone in their life that does.  Catelynn still using suicide as a way to shut down “haters” proves she hasn’t done as much work as she claims, she still throws it out to shut down a conversation because hurting her feelings makes her want to kill herself. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, druzy said:

babe.png

ignorant.png

bridge.png

Take a remedial English class already, Cate. And what married couple texts each other like that? Ours are more along the lines of "Will you pick up some beer while you're at the store" or "Where in God's name did you put the purple sippy cup!?!? Shit's about to get real!"

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, Birdee said:

Take a remedial English class already, Cate. And what married couple texts each other like that? Ours are more along the lines of "Will you pick up some beer while you're at the store" or "Where in God's name did you put the purple sippy cup!?!? Shit's about to get real!"

wait, WHAT?  you want me to think about what my HUSBAND is going through?  are you INSANE?  #allaboutme #imaprincess #goingbacktorehab

• Love 13
7 hours ago, druzy said:

I see your stay at the spa has brought out the best in you Cate. Keep that positive attitude. 

haters.png

I'm not against Nova going to school, but dropping your kid off into someone else's care while you ostensibly do nothing all day isn't really what I'd call "mom things". 

• Love 19
6 hours ago, TresGatos said:

I wonder if she knows taking her kid to daycare is just the start of early mornings for the next 15+ years?  She will have to drag her arse out of bed for more than one day, even if Nova rides a bus to school, because from what I know about elementary school aged kids (middle/high school kids need it too), there has to be an adult around to take care of the 17283 things needed to get a kiddo out of the door on time and ready for the day.

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, druzy said:

haters.png

Take Novalee to school, then head right back home until it's time to pick her up.  #nojobworries #noschedulestokeep #yogatime #bathtime

Edited by Snarky McSnarky
  • Love 13
4 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Why even address the “#haters”?  Why screengrab a convo with your husband and post it for everyone to see?

God, the need for attention and validation with these people is strong.

• Love 13

Teen Mom OG stars Catelynn Lowell and Tyler Baltierra got chatty about a variety of topics during an appearance on Kail Lowry‘s Coffee Convos podcast this week– discussing everything from their daughters Nova and Carly to Cate’s recent trip to rehab.

However, the couple was most vocal while talking about their former co-star Farrah Abraham— discussing her firing, who should replace her on ‘Teen Mom OG’ and the time Farrah’s dad Michael(allegedly) tried to beat Tyler up!

(Yes, you read that last part correctly!)

Cate and Ty told Kail and her co-host Lindsie Chrisley that Michael tried to box Tyler while they were filming a ‘Teen Mom’ Reunion a few seasons ago. The alleged incident occurred after Tyler made a comment on-camera about Farrah and her dad.

“Michael is actually a very interesting character,” Tyler said. “I never actually told anybody this but he physically got in my face and wanted to fight me about two reunions ago!

“I went onstage and they asked me something about Farrah and I gave them an honest opinion and then left the stage. I think it was something like, ‘Michael must not have any authority over his child if he allows her to call him by his first name’ or something like that.”

Tyler’s comment did not set well with Michael.

“Michael comes up to me and points in my face and goes, ‘You want to talk about my daughter?’ and he gets in my face, literally nose to nose,” Tyler said. “I just started laughing in his face because it was so funny to see this short little angry man yelling at me, wanting to fight me! [He’s], what, like 20 years my senior?”

Catelynn and Tyler both stated that the show’s security guard had to come break up the potential boxing match.

“The security guy pushed [Michael] into the couch,” Catelynn said.

“He was like, ‘Alright Michael that’s enough of that!’ It was crazy,” Tyler added. “They’re a whole different breed.”

Cate and Ty also offered their thoughts on MTV booting Farrah from the show.

“She says she wasn’t hard to work with…BULLCRAP!” Catelynn exclaimed.

Kail chimed in, stating that she felt Farrah’s firing was “long overdue.”

One member of Farrah’s family that didn’t get bashed was her (currently estranged) mother Debra Danielsen, who Cate said has always treated her well.

“I do get along with Deb,” she said. “She’s kind of a chameleon too but we just saw her at the reunion and she was actually very sweet. She’s never been rude to me or said nasty things about me. I get along with Farrah’s mom.”

They discussed the rumor (that, mind you, The Ashley, has not confirmed to be true) that Teen Mom 3 star Mackenzie McKee has been chosen to take Farrah’s place on the show, and all agreed that it wouldn’t make sense.

“They can’t [bring in another girl to our show] because we’re the OG’s, the original girls,” Catelynn said. “If you do that, it won’t be the original girls anymore.”

The idea of bringing in Whitney Purvis or Ebony Jackson (who starred with the OGs on the first season of 16 and Pregnant but we’re picked for ‘Teen Mom,’) was brought up, and both Cate and Tyler felt that would be a good way to fill the slot.

“I feel like that would be [good] beecause they were from the very first cast of ’16 and Pregnant,'” Catelynn said.

Tyler stated that it would be interesting to see the contrast in the lives of the girls who were picked for the show and those who weren’t.

“That would be crazy to see [where they ended up] since they didn’t follow them on TV,” he said.

They also suggested another solution to filling Farrah’s hole (pun definitely intended).

“They’re adding people left and right [to the casts] so why not just merge the [‘Teen Mom OG’ and ‘Teen Mom 2’] casts together?” Catelynn said. “Some of the cast [members] are crazy on each of our shows…not gonna name names but…you may as well merge all the good ones together and get it going!”

Edited by druzy
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, druzy said:

I'll just leave this here...

While this is a step in the right direction, are none of these girls capable of standing their asses up to clean themselves? Are showers a west coast thing? She's gonna get moldy folds (Great Kazu - #can'tstopwon'tstop #moldfold). 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

While this is a step in the right direction, are none of these girls capable of standing their asses up to clean themselves? Are showers a west coast thing? She's gonna get moldy folds (Great Kazu - #can'tstopwon'tstop #moldfold). 

FWIW, I haven't taken a shower in years. I always take a bath and then spray myself off and wash my hair with the detachable nozzle that hooks up to the spigot. I just don't like showers-I don't like the sensation of water hitting my skin. I have to be submerged. 

ETA: I take that back. We have an outdoor shower at our vacation house. I clean off my legs and feet from the sand with it. :-) At this point, as long as Cate is bathing at all I'm gonna let it slide. The bar is VERY low on that one. 

Edited by mamadrama
  • Love 14
2 hours ago, mamadrama said:

ETA: I take that back. We have an outdoor shower at our vacation house. I clean off my legs and feet from the sand with it. :-) At this point, as long as Cate is bathing at all I'm gonna let it slide. The bar is VERY low on that one. 

I definitely agree with you there! I didn't mean to knock baths. I enjoy an Enya bubbler every once in a while, but I don't like the tub in my apartment because of it's adjacence to the toilet. That's neither here, nor there, and is adjacence even a word?

Anywho, I still find it funny though that regardless of the task at hand, those girls will find any reason to be horizontal. 

• Love 8

So sister Sarah must have lived with her father and became a drug addict? Then April didn’t want her. All I remember is thinking she was awfully flirty around Tyler, while seeming to hate Cate. And where the hell is she now? I thought for sure she’d be the next Mrs. Baltierra Reign. 

• Love 5
10 hours ago, leighroda said:

For as much as her and Tyler claim to want to educate people on the ins and outs of mental health, any time someone challenges them or doesn’t agree they say “do your research”... I can’t believe I’m going to say this because I do think there is a lot more that could be done as far as mental health is concerned... the world isn’t as ignorant abut it as they make it seem. Millions suffer from various mental health related issues and the few who don’t likely have someone in their life that does.  Catelynn still using suicide as a way to shut down “haters” proves she hasn’t done as much work as she claims, she still throws it out to shut down a conversation because hurting her feelings makes her want to kill herself. 

You are spot on with this post.

C&T make it sound like they have opened the doors to mental health care as if all of this time it has been swept under the rug. They act as if they are leading the campaign similar to the Parkland students who are going around the country speaking out on gun control. 

Man, it burns me up how Cate just throws suicide out there haphazardly and as a shield. It is similar to how she, Kail, Jenelle, and Amber use their mental disorders as excuses for their behavior or lack thereof.  This is why I am of the belief that she uses it against Tyler now and then when the need arises. The way she throws out suicide and mental illness, what is stopping her from using a miscarriage, or faking one? 

4 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

rotflmao! 

Moldy folds...hahaha 

I never take a bath anymore. And we have a bathtub. I am a shower girl. 

@druzy that text where C&T are communicating about real men, where did that come from? Did they post that on Twitter? 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

@druzy that text where C&T are communicating about real men, where did that come from? Did they post that on Twitter? 

Hi @GreatKazu! Yes it was a tweet but I took a screenshot because Cate usually tweets & deletes.

Here is the tweet:

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

You are spot on with this post.

C&T make it sound like they have opened the doors to mental health care as if all of this time it has been swept under the rug. They act as if they are leading the campaign similar to the Parkland students who are going around the country speaking out on gun control. 

Man, it burns me up how Cate just throws suicide out there haphazardly and as a shield. It is similar to how she, Kail, Jenelle, and Amber use their mental disorders as excuses for their behavior or lack thereof.  This is why I am of the belief that she uses it against Tyler now and then when the need arises. The way she throws out suicide and mental illness, what is stopping her from using a miscarriage, or faking one? 

Preach!!

The day I see those two fools even participate and/or march in a demonstration about bringing awareness to the insane shit that is happening to people in this country is the day I will eat a piece of dog shit myself OR buy a piece of Tierra Reign clothing. I'll take a poll here and let you awesome peeps decide my fate. :)

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 6

Wow. That is just bizarre. Thanks @druzy. I usually chat with my spouse to his face because, you know, I need him to look at me when I speak so that he can see my expressions, feel my thoughts, and maybe get some feedback directly from him. 

So, going by what C&T have posted lately, their views are:

- there are not a lot of real men in the world. Tyler is a rare specimen

- business owners are not hands-on. Tyler learned this from his months working at Casa Crunch Wrap on the shitty floor 

- if you don't mention Cate's suicide when you are tweeting positive (or negative) words her way, she will remind you 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

I don't have any ink, yet I will not let that prevent me from snarking.

How can she participate in #yogalife, #brushinghorsehair and #goingtotherapy as part of her self care plan if she's busy sitting for long ass tattoo sessions? 

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Bridget said:

I don't have any ink, yet I will not let that prevent me from snarking.

How can she participate in #yogalife, #brushinghorsehair and #goingtotherapy as part of her self care plan if she's busy sitting for long ass tattoo sessions? 

I know, right? 

It must be nice to NOT have to pay for rehab. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, FlowerofCarnage said:

Well, now we know what she has been doing with her time while NovaLou Who is at daycare.

I can't like your post because there is no heart. So, I am quoting you and telling you I like it. 

ETA: Now the heart is there. Crazy boards. 

Edited by GreatKazu
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, druzy said:

Hi @GreatKazu! Yes it was a tweet but I took a screenshot because Cate usually tweets & deletes.

Here is the tweet:

Where the heck are they texting each other from? They just sit in their hole all day and wallow. Tyler on the toilet, Cate in her tub?

• Love 7
15 hours ago, Birdee said:

Lol. This made me look at the very last text exchange between myself and Mr. Calm to see if we are anything as annoying (or fake for twitter fans) and this is the last bit of messages while I was at class last night.

ETA: judging by the text, we talk big people stuff without being too corny. Lol. Our 3 year old had a cold if anyone was concerned, she’s pulling through. ???

228BB8CE-1DA1-4078-BF96-8AA256C9DC84.jpeg

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 13
19 hours ago, druzy said:

babe.png

ignorant.png

bridge.png

Ok, so...

She texts him to compliment him and he responds by complimenting HIMSELF? And then she says you're just the sweetest? 

Note that he didn't say "you're worth it" or "that's because I love you and Nova" or "and you're a great wife" or any of the normal things a spouse would respond with. He literally just replies by going, "oh I know, I'm SOO great." (btw, what is with these people and "real men" and "real women?" Amber is a particular culprit. Wtf does that even mean?)

I can see why these two are codependent. Her role is victim, his is hero-savior. 

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, Calm81 said:

Lol. This made me look at the very last text exchange between myself and Mr. Calm to see if we are anything as annoying (or fake for twitter fans) and this is the last bit of messages while I was at class last night.

ETA: judging by the text, we talk big people stuff without being too corny. Lol. Our 3 year old had a cold if anyone was concerned, she’s pulling through. ???

228BB8CE-1DA1-4078-BF96-8AA256C9DC84.jpeg

I'm sorry, but it's obvious to me that you & Mr. Calm are on the rocks. If he doesn't text "Babe, can you get with me on your break Babe? Babe, need to know babe if I should give her medicine babe?" then there is no love there. To add insult to injury, there was nary a "babe" in any of your responses. SMH.

• Love 19
10 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Wow. That is just bizarre. Thanks @druzy. I usually chat with my spouse to his face because, you know, I need him to look at me when I speak so that he can see my expressions, feel my thoughts, and maybe get some feedback directly from him. 

mine hates when I "blow up his phone" so I will occasionally just send him a thousand nonsensical emojis for no apparent reason because...well, I'm an asshole!

• Love 16
11 hours ago, Bridget said:

Preach!!

The day I see those two fools even participate and/or march in a demonstration about bringing awareness to the insane shit that is happening to people in this country is the day I will eat a piece of dog shit myself OR buy a piece of Tierra Reign clothing. I'll take a poll here and let you awesome peeps decide my fate. :)

They would do that in a heartbeat. It gets them more attention.

• Love 4

I would think the obsessive nature of their social media use would be one of the first things to go for someone who is supposedly legitimately struggling to keep it all together. My spouse has struggled mightily with anxiety and depression over the years. He has never not had a job because of it, mostly as the sole financial provider.  And he never made excuses. But he certainly didn't have it in him during those times to spend what little energy he had after taking care of a job and his kids to fight with strangers on social media.  (Helps he has no social media account. lol ) 

• Love 7
42 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

They would do that in a heartbeat. It gets them more attention.

Cate would only participate in a march if she can be sitting on a couch while someone pushes that couch.

• Love 9

Circling back to this because I'm still agog at the level of codependency in that exchange.

"omg you're so great I don't deserve youuuu"

"i know, right?"

No wonder she never asks him how he feels. In their co-created dynamic, she's the only one who gets to have problems or needs, but he's the only one who gets heaps of praise in return. I guess the puzzle of why he stays with her is solved, at least for me. 

Unfortunately with that dynamic, she won't ever get better and neither will he. I do feel bad because I think they're some of the only folks in the franchise who've actually gone through significant, long-term trauma, especially Cate. Even the ones who were abused or had addicts for parents as kids (Kail, Jenelle--referring to her dad, probably Farrah) kept their children (except for Jenelle, but she still gets to see him) so don't have the trauma or guilt of adoption at such a young age. But MAN, their relationship is toxic as hell. It's mutual Stockholm Syndrome. It's really sad.

Edited by Lm2162
  • Love 13
57 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Cate would only participate in a march if she can be sitting on a couch while someone pushes that couch.

She definitely couldn’t be holding a sign because it would impede her ability to bite her finger nails.

• Love 9

I think their upbringings likely brought them together in that way. 

I think best case scenario for them would have been to get away from their families, no TM, and get real, substantive help. Now any mental health “help” they get is in front of cameras and/or in exchange for publicity. I really feel their situation is hopeless as long as they are D list celebrities and they have their toxic families involved. 

• Love 8
13 minutes ago, lilmarysunshine said:

I think their upbringings likely brought them together in that way. 

I think best case scenario for them would have been to get away from their families, no TM, and get real, substantive help. Now any mental health “help” they get is in front of cameras and/or in exchange for publicity. I really feel their situation is hopeless as long as they are D list celebrities and they have their toxic families involved. 

Yeah...Kinko Kathleen and going on Couples' Therapy is not gonna do the trick.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GreatKazu said:

Does La-Z-Boy sponsor any parades? Cate & Amber could be the Grand Marshals. At the very least they should be in some sort of "brand ambassador" deal with them. 

• Love 10
4 hours ago, teapot said:

mine hates when I "blow up his phone" so I will occasionally just send him a thousand nonsensical emojis for no apparent reason because...well, I'm an asshole!

If you look at the texts between my husband and I, it's 90% Bitmojis. We're huge dorks. But we work really hard to respond with JUUUUST the right one. 

Current text exchange, though, is about meeting with our bank lady to sign papers for our business account. Neither one of us lavished the other with OTT praise for merely existing, so......we're clearly headed for divorce court. 

• Love 11

Thank goodness my spouse rarely texts and when he does, it is to his friends, not me. He will call me. He is not cell phone saavy. He has to use the Samsung version of Alexa, or whatever that bitch's name is who one talks to on their phone. 

@CaliforniaLove That would be perfect if La-Z-Boy (perfect brand name, btw) would sponsor them. Another thought is, Cate would only be in a march if she could ride a horse. Anything that requires real effort such as walking, it isn't going to happen. 

3 hours ago, Bridget said:

She definitely couldn’t be holding a sign because it would impede her ability to bite her finger nails.

lol OMG yes!

• Love 4

I love gushy emails and texts, we send them a lot. But not...like these ones. If my husband responded like that to a compliment I'd think he hated me, I wouldn't think Tyler liked me if I was Cate at all.

Oh, wait...

1 hour ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Does La-Z-Boy sponsor any parades? Cate & Amber could be the Grand Marshals. At the very least they should be in some sort of "brand ambassador" deal with them. 

LOL I'm just imagining them being carried in on couches!

• Love 6

They live a completely artificial life and that is evident by the need to share such a fake conversation with the entire world.  

Her posts remind me of a friend/colleague’s posts. She has a JD and is executive director for a non-profit that I worked at while in grad school. Her husband beats her. Those of us who know, have tried to get her to leave this marriage for over a decade but to no avail. She has to be the dumbest smart woman around. Whenever I hop on FB (not often) I’ll notice one of her posts about how her husband is the best husband in the world and how they’re so happy.  Um, you were just on the phone crying to me last night? WTF. 

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, GreatKazu said:

Thank goodness my spouse rarely texts and when he does, it is to his friends, not me. He will call me. He is not cell phone saavy. He has to use the Samsung version of Alexa, or whatever that bitch's name is who one talks to on their phone. 

I CANNOT talk on the phone. I absolutely hate it. My little shithead children (just kidding, I love you 3 dearly) never cease to get into WW89 when I am trying to make a phone call. If someone calls instead of texting, I'm ready to put them on my Dunzo List. 

42 minutes ago, Lm2162 said:

I love gushy emails and texts, we send them a lot. But not...like these ones. If my husband responded like that to a compliment I'd think he hated me, I wouldn't think Tyler liked me if I was Cate at all.

Right??? She was all, "Honey, you're awesome" and instead of saying, "You're pretty awesome too" (hey, he don't wanna lie), he says - "Yea, well, I do what I do because it's my duty. I'm a real man. Even if I secretly loathe you, I kind of have to take care of you." 

That's the gist of it. 

• Love 12
31 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

They live a completely artificial life and that is evident by the need to share such a fake conversation with the entire world.  

Her posts remind me of a friend/colleague’s posts. She has a JD and is executive director for a non-profit that I worked at while in grad school. Her husband beats her. Those of us who know, have tried to get her to leave this marriage for over a decade but to no avail. She has to be the dumbest smart woman around. Whenever I hop on FB (not often) I’ll notice one of her posts about how her husband is the best husband in the world and how they’re so happy.  Um, you were just on the phone crying to me last night? WTF. 

I have a friend who is friends with a person like that. She confided in me that this woman friend of hers has confided in her how her husband is pushing her into having threesomes, he is verbally abusive to her and he monitors her social media pages. He tells her who to vote for in elections, and has some prejudices.  That friend of hers posts lovey-dovey posts on Facebook and gushes about her husband. Since he monitors her social media page, I assume she does that because he expects her to. 

Now, as for Cate, I think she piles on the love and mushy posts about Tyler for two reasons

- she does it to guilt him 

- she does it to get him to respond to her the same way so the world will continue to harp on them as the best couple ever

The thing is, she doesn't get the respond she is expecting. Tyler pats himself on the back and is boastful. And she is too dumb to realize that. 

• Love 4