Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

No, doubt. I think she just wanted something that would rhyme. Didn't she and Taylor leave Jayde when she was just a few months to randomly party in Vegas?

Yes last September they went to Vegas.  Jayde would have been around 4 months old and Maci was pregnant but wouldn't have known yet even if she wasn't a moron because it was pretty early.

• Love 3

I find it hilarious that this girl with 3 out of wedlock children with 2 men is going all out destination white gown wedding lmao I guess if it keeps your storyline going and MTV foots the bill , why the hell not ?

(( on a personal note ( sorry mods) My son gets married in 4 weeks and I need a song for mother / son dance. He's nixed every song I've come up with as too lame , too cliche . Some of the songs I've seen on lists are ridiculous Any suggestions my PTv'ers ?! ))

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DNR said:

I find it hilarious that this girl with 3 out of wedlock children with 2 men is going all out destination white gown wedding lmao I guess if it keeps your storyline going and MTV foots the bill , why the hell not ?

(( on a personal note ( sorry mods) My son gets married in 4 weeks and I need a song for mother / son dance. He's nixed every song I've come up with as too lame , too cliche . Some of the songs I've seen on lists are ridiculous Any suggestions my PTv'ers ?! ))

@DNR, how about "The first time I saw your face"   song by Roberta Flack.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, DNR said:

My dance with my father was to My Way by Frank Sinatra. It was very appropriate let me tell you!!

• Love 2
3 hours ago, DNR said:

Congratulations to your son!

Has he come up with any song ideas?

I agree about Maci. I just don't get these people who have huge weddings after having a litter of kids. To me, it is not about the whole virgin aspect that has been passed down for ages. To me it is being practical and not looking like a damn fool. I'd rather spend that money on a vacation or honeymoon. I'd normally post that it would be better spent on a home, but Maci and Taylor already have that covered.  How about putting that money away for a rainy day? Sarcasm.

Edited by GreatKazu
question mark needed
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, DNR said:

Awww, congratulations!

Are you familiar with Lucero? They have a song called "Mom" that brings me tears on a regular day; at a wedding it just might kill me. I'd pick this one if I had to for one of my sons' weddings. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GreatKazu said:

Congratulations to your son!

Has he come up with any song ideas?

I agree about Maci. I just don't get these people who have huge weddings after having a litter of kids. To me, it is not about the whole virgin aspect that has been passed down for ages. To me it is being practical and not looking like a damn fool. I'd rather spend that money on a vacation or honeymoon. I'd normally post that it would be better spent on a home, but Maci and Taylor already have that covered.  How about putting that money away for a rainy day? Sarcasm.

I even said aloud, "Just save that money and go to City Hall!" They need to look at the cold, hard facts and realize that they have three children, no college degrees, no careers, and no reliable income. I get the feeling that all of the Teen Moms, aside from Farrah, really think that the shows are going to last forever. I predict that this will be the last season, or the next-to-last. Then, reality will hit them and they'll all be in panic mode bc they didn't save any money or go to college. 

I kept reading about Maci having a degree of some sort, but could not confirm a college degree. I found this on her Instagram, which is merely a completion certificate for a six-week business course. I'm guessing they thought they needed it for the t-shirt biz. It says file is too large to load. I'll try another screencap of it. Either way, it's a silly non-degree, but she's bragging about it like she just received her MD.

• Love 4

She was supposed to earn her Associates the spring of 2015. She dropped out to allow more flexibility for travel at the end of 2014. Her book which was released the spring of 2015 said she earned her Associates, but I think that was included in anticipation of her graduation, and she dropped out after the final editing round was completed. I have seen absolutely nothing to confirm any degree was ever achieved. Given that she now has two babies, I'm guessing that's something else we can file under "Never going to happen".

• Love 9

wow Maci is a mini-me of her mother (love the 80's giant perm hair - it takes me back ). I thought Sophia looked like a pic of Daddy Derek but she's a clone of  Farrah as a kid ... Poor kid

Edited by DNR
Ninja edit
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Tatum said:

She was supposed to earn her Associates the spring of 2015. She dropped out to allow more flexibility for travel at the end of 2014. Her book which was released the spring of 2015 said she earned her Associates, but I think that was included in anticipation of her graduation, and she dropped out after the final editing round was completed. I have seen absolutely nothing to confirm any degree was ever achieved. Given that she now has two babies, I'm guessing that's something else we can file under "Never going to happen".

Maci worked harder at getting a guy, any guy, down the aisle than she ever did at finishing her education.

• Love 11

DNR- my son and I picked Wonderwall by Oasis.  He loved it as a kid,  we sang it togrether as we danced. For next son,it will be "Best of You" by Foo Fighters, same reason. Love, love, love watching Maci 's mom. She looked like she was scheduled for a root canal. 

• Love 5
On 9/9/2016 at 10:32 AM, DNR said:

Me, too. I'm not so naive that I expect every new bride to be virginal like a Duggar. But this chick has 3 kids out of wedlock. She has lived with 3 of her boyfriends (Ryan, Kyle, Taylor).  She's basically set up house with Taylor for a couple of years. This idea that they are starting a new phase of their life and so the wedding reflects that is just a joke. I think you can have a nice wedding in her situation but I don't think you should do the virginal route. YMMV   It seems to me based on the looks of her mother that she feels similarly. I've watched a lot of bridal dress shows and I don't ever remember seeing a mother that bored or annoyed by the whole process. 

• Love 7
On September 3, 2016 at 1:21 PM, ghoulina said:

? the quote box will not cooperate !! @ghoulina- Lucero -,Mom - this song had me ? the 5x I've listened to it tonite . I'll run it by the boy lol 

@GreatKazu thanks ! He's come up with nothing but nixes my songs lol and I thought it would be easy ?

Good suggestions on songs  gang , thank you ! 

As far as the teen moms thinking this TM gravy train won't be ending for awhile , it's prolly true . We'll see Maci dropping Bintley off at his freshman dorm ( he'll get a degree before she does ) 

• Love 6
3 hours ago, lilmarysunshine said:

Me, too. I'm not so naive that I expect every new bride to be virginal like a Duggar. But this chick has 3 kids out of wedlock. She has lived with 3 of her boyfriends (Ryan, Kyle, Taylor).  She's basically set up house with Taylor for a couple of years. This idea that they are starting a new phase of their life and so the wedding reflects that is just a joke. I think you can have a nice wedding in her situation but I don't think you should do the virginal route. YMMV   It seems to me based on the looks of her mother that she feels similarly. I've watched a lot of bridal dress shows and I don't ever remember seeing a mother that bored or annoyed by the whole process. 

I understand why a woman who already has children or even a woman who has been married before would want a wedding and the entire "she bang" if she had never done it before, but Maci's ATTITUDE about the entire thing is what grates me, like she is just so PUT UPON to do all this while pregnant blah blah blah and she has so much to do blah blah blah. I think THATS why her mom is so aggravated, Maci is making more "stress" for herself when she doesn't need to just to have something to whine about. 

• Love 15

Maci's attitude is kind of reminiscent of Kail's from TM2 about her whole wedding ordeal. Only difference being that Kail and Javi were already married and so the ordeal was her wedding for tv. But yeah, kind of the same behavior. Kail was worse, but yes, Maci  is acting put upoun. And it doesn't need to be this way at all. She can go down to the court house and get married right now but she wants a wedding. Which is fine. I honestly don't care how she's making a production of the whole thing but when she's complaining about having to plan a wedding while she's about to have a baby and how it's so much and so stressful, it is kind of annoying.  She isn't that stressed by it, she wants the whole world to see her wedding on tv, I just wish she would own up to it.

• Love 7

Exactly. I guarantee those bridesmaid invitation glasses have been sitting in a box, in the back of the linen closet at 500 different houses, since Kyle. That venue? Group of 13/14 year old girls found it online at a slumber party. They all made a pact to each get married there. They probably even picked out the colors and which bridesmaid dress everyone would wear at all the weddings-to keep the cost down, of course. I doubt Maci had even met Ryan at that point.

This virginal fairytale isn't stressful on her at all. It's been planned for years and Mtv is footing the bill. What the hell is there to be stressed over? Who's gonna babysit each of the three kids? That's the only thing my eyes can see that she didn't already have planned. She can miss me with all her "too tired" sighs and being so busy in a "pregnant brain fog". Bitch please! It can't be said enough; the jig is up. Just stop. 

Edited by MissMel
Repetitive words
  • Love 13
On 9/11/2016 at 0:42 PM, qtpye said:

I actually think her mother is prettier then Maci and she got a degree while raising two kids and no Mtv money.

^^^THIS.  This is why her mother has no time for Maci and finding the perfect dress for her MTV wedding spectacular.

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 7

I wonder why Maci got the blood test that tells you the sex of the baby. I don't think it's covered by insurance unless you're over 35 or have some reason. I guess they could have just paid for it but I wonder why?  What other reasons do people need to get that test done, does anyone know?

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, poopchute said:

I wonder why Maci got the blood test that tells you the sex of the baby. I don't think it's covered by insurance unless you're over 35 or have some reason. I guess they could have just paid for it but I wonder why?  What other reasons do people need to get that test done, does anyone know?

I had to get it done my last pregnancy because in one of my screeninga they suspected my son could have Down's Syndrome. It might be the same thing with her, I'm also not over 35.

Mine tested for chromosomal abnormalities, which is how they confirm the sex, got it at age 31, no family history, and insurance covered it.  I think the screening for downs is the nuchal testing measuring the neck in a certain week, but chromosomal testing can be any time.  

https://m.imgur.com/meo5sbg

I saw this on Reddit of Maci's back, this is her, right?  Does it say "buffet pretty"?

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, TaxNerd said:

I saw this on Reddit of Maci's back, this is her, right?  Does it say "buffet pretty"?

Bahahaha! It's supposed to say "Bullet Proof." But now all I can see is "Buffet Pretty." 

"Bulletproof" is the name of her book. https://www.amazon.com/Bulletproof-Maci-Bookout/dp/1618688642

(If you go to the link and read the book synopsis from Amazon, it includes: "This is the true story of how she took charge of the unexpected to build a life for herself and her son Bentley, and managed not to go crazy in the process. Because sometimes growing up is an act of will...and Maci's will is bulletproof." HAHAHAHAHA! Sure, Jan!)

• Love 7

Maci got that tattoo in 2009, I believe. She believed herself to be "bullet proof" because she survived Bentley's first year.

Now, raising a baby is always hard, and Ryan wasn't much help, but I wouldn't really consider it a huge obstacle to keep a baby alive for one year with the help of four attentive grandparents and an MTV subsidized life (even in the beginning, Maci was getting at least mid 5 figures).

59 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wait, Maci has a book? I assume that it is a coloring book, no? 

Bulletproof is clearly not a description of her uterus.

Her "memoir" is basically just a 100 page "fuck you" to Ryan, Ryan's parents, and Kyle, with some bonus poetry. I didn't read the poetry.

• Love 7

I still think that Maci was keeping his picture under wraps, hoping for a magazine to buy it. Or hoping to drum up interest for another season (Finally! We get to see Maverick! Tune In TV!) When that backfired on her (nobody cared) and even forced speculation (that there was something wrong with him) she decided to issue the pix herself. 

• Love 4
10 hours ago, TaxNerd said:

Mine tested for chromosomal abnormalities, which is how they confirm the sex, got it at age 31, no family history, and insurance covered it.  I think the screening for downs is the nuchal testing measuring the neck in a certain week, but chromosomal testing can be any time.  

I thought it said "cutlet party."

• Love 3
5 hours ago, butterbody said:

Totally convinced Maci reads these boards. Hi, Maci!

Little bugger looks healthy and cute and a bit like Bint-lee

He is cute and he definitely reminds me of baby Bentley. I do not like to 'bad talk' a baby as they are innocent however does this picture rule out FAS? I am no expert on FAS by any means but he may have a couple of signs, wide set eyes, thin upper lip although it is hard to tell at this age as they haven't grown into their features yet and many children have wide set eyes including one of my own children.  Anyone else know what to look for and whether it can be ruled out by this one pic of Maverick? 

Actually if he had fas the area between the nose and mouth would be flat and that isn't the case with Maverick in this pic.

Edited by Toooldforthis
Added a sentence

The family laughing around the table is probably the most normal thing I've ever seen on this show. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Taylor is a crazy bitch who hates his life and can't wait to leave. He seems pretty laid back to me. He's got a job, and his face always looks kinda happy. I see that in Jayde. They're just rolling along trying to make up a storyline for themselves because they really are incredibly boring. And that's a good thing. Bentley looks adorably happy, but he can barely put up with his father. I think they have a good chance of living a normal life. 

• Love 9
28 minutes ago, EmeraldGirl said:

The family laughing around the table is probably the most normal thing I've ever seen on this show. I'm not sure why everyone thinks that Taylor is a crazy bitch who hates his life and can't wait to leave. He seems pretty laid back to me. He's got a job, and his face always looks kinda happy. I see that in Jayde. They're just rolling along trying to make up a storyline for themselves because they really are incredibly boring. And that's a good thing. Bentley looks adorably happy, but he can barely put up with his father. I think they have a good chance of living a normal life. 

I completely agree. He also seems to be into his role as dad/step-dad and into having the kids.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, evilmindatwork said:

I will never understand the name Maverick. 

I've come to the point with weird baby names/spellings that the name Maverick makes me go "Eh, could have been worse."

Maverick is a cutie. He looks like a mix of baby Bentley and Taylor to me. 

• Love 3