Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

They purchased this "clothing line" -- but it was a close out/remenant purchase. Yeah, they "sold out" of women's sizes -- but they may have only started with a dozen left over shirts.

• Love 6
(edited)

Looking at the website and Taylor's shirt he wore on the reunion, those flimsy assed t-shirts don't look heavy enough to support a leather pocket. And all the women's tees are sold out. Who is buying that crap?

No kidding. Plus isn't part of the purpose of having a pocket so you can put stuff in it? That thing looks like one pen would rip it right off.

Edited by NikSac
  • Love 5

I find it hard to believe those shirts have a leather pocket. Taylor's looked more like pleather. You would think leather would turn hard and become become warped after washing.

Like the pleather couch Maci sits on for the most part?

"Surprise" pregnancy and all the other reasons Maci makes me roll my eyes aside, I've always thought she looks best with red hair. Loved the color at the reunion special.

Now if she'd only cut it. Maci and I both have fine, thin hair. It just looks listless past a certain length, and it passed that point a long time ago for her.

• Love 7
(edited)

I find it hard to believe those shirts have a leather pocket. Taylor's looked more like pleather. You would think leather would turn hard and become become warped after washing. 

I swear at one point there was more information on their web site and it said that the pockets were vinyl. I have no idea what this website is but they are selling the shirts and it says this ridiculously priced $35. shirt has a vinyl pocket: http://flatlandfuel.com/thingsthatmattergatorpockett-shirt.aspx

Great company they have there. Their Facebook page was updated very recently to say that women's shirts were back in stock but had not been updated since January 25th. Many people were asking questions about availability of different sizes and if toddler or xxl sizes were a possibility and inquiring about a timeline for restocking no one bothered to reply. What a joke. 

Edited by configdotsys
  • Love 3
(edited)

I saw on the site awhile back that the pockets are indeed vinyl...hah.

I'm re-watching season 1 right now and Maci looks marginally more attractive than she does now but I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND her and Ryan together. She's like a 4 and he's an 8-9...so bizarre. People say that Kyle is ugly but I always thought his attractiveness level was pretty equal to Maci's...she's just not cute. At all. And that nasty habit she's had the whole time she's been on our screens of running her fingers through her greasy, limp hair is just disgusting. This girl is just gross. I don't see any appeal. Same with Taylor...dude is not cute or appealing in any other way. Guess they're a great match.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 6
(edited)

Am I the only person here who doesn't think Ryan is hot?

He's gone downhill a bit since it appears he may be abusing substances but I still think he's pretty damn hot. Personality is another matter.

My question though, does anyone think Maci is pretty? I think Catelynn is more attractive. I think Maci is the least attractive woman in the whole franchise but Amber is pretty close. This is going based purely on looks.

Edited by Rebecca

I have never found Maci to be attractive.

I cannot figure out who has the bigger forehead, Maci or Cate?

Maci runs her fingers through her hair while Catelynn scratches her scalp. Maci gulps down beers while Catelynn gulps down fingernails, cuticles, skin and whatnot.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

nope, he doesn't do it for me.  But I think I have weird taste, I thought that the hottest TM dad was Matt the Addict from TM3

edited to say that I'm going entirely on looks;  that boy was a complete nightmare!

Edited by teapot
  • Love 1

Maci is okay. I'd say she is "cute" at best. It really depends on how she styles herself. She looks better when her hair isn't quite so long or such a harsh color. I do think red is good for her, but not THAT dark of a red. A strawberry blonde suits her better. And she doesn't look good with too much makeup either. I think she probably comes off attractive to guys for the same reasons Leah Messer does. Leah is equally quite plain, if not mousy, IMO - But she's thin and in the earlier years always kept herself up and dressed nicer. 

Someone like Cate, who I think is naturally prettier than Maci, doesn't come off as well. And it's not just the weight. She does fuck all with her hair and dresses like an lady who's given up. Maci tries, and I think that says something to people.

• Love 4

I'm re-watching season 1 right now and Maci looks marginally more attractive than she does now but I just DO NOT UNDERSTAND her and Ryan together. She's like a 4 and he's an 8-9...so bizarre. People say that Kyle is ugly but I always thought his attractiveness level was pretty equal to Maci's...she's just not cute. At all. And that nasty habit she's had the whole time she's been on our screens of running her fingers through her greasy, limp hair is just disgusting. This girl is just gross. I don't see any appeal. Same with Taylor...dude is not cute or appealing in any other way. Guess they're a great match.

Um, my take away from 16 & Pregnant was that while Ryan might be cute he wasn't considered a catch. At least not by Maci's friend's standards. Dullard that she is, Maci was hanging with the college track crowd and I think they kind of considered Ryan a loser(maybe with good reason....just saying). There was a guy like that at my high school. He was cute enough when we were sophomores, but two years later when we were all seniors talking about college and he was still hanging around high school parties and getting high in parking lots with his friends? No, not so much. We thought he was a joke and the only time anybody hooked up with him was during very low self esteem moments. I think Ryan is that guy. I don't think he gets a horrible edit, I think he really is annoying and pretty dumb. I also think, despite her efforts to portray it differently, Maci was more worker bee than queen bee in high school. So she may have been the only one in her group that didn't treat Ryan like a creepy joke. So in essence, he was the cute guy she could get and she was the girl who still hung around even after he spoke. I always thought they were more a case of two people without anyone else really interested that kept hooking up out of boredom and the Bentley happened. I may be alone in this, but I've never seen any desire for the other from either of them. With Ryan I saw a very small sense of obligation and with Maci the organism she gets whenever she can completely control any situation.

• Love 3

Um, my take away from 16 & Pregnant was that while Ryan might be cute he wasn't considered a catch. At least not by Maci's friend's standards. Dullard that she is, Maci was hanging with the college track crowd and I think they kind of considered Ryan a loser(maybe with good reason....just saying). There was a guy like that at my high school. He was cute enough when we were sophomores, but two years later when we were all seniors talking about college and he was still hanging around high school parties and getting high in parking lots with his friends? No, not so much. We thought he was a joke and the only time anybody hooked up with him was during very low self esteem moments. I think Ryan is that guy. I don't think he gets a horrible edit, I think he really is annoying and pretty dumb. I also think, despite her efforts to portray it differently, Maci was more worker bee than queen bee in high school. So she may have been the only one in her group that didn't treat Ryan like a creepy joke. So in essence, he was the cute guy she could get and she was the girl who still hung around even after he spoke. I always thought they were more a case of two people without anyone else really interested that kept hooking up out of boredom and the Bentley happened. I may be alone in this, but I've never seen any desire for the other from either of them. With Ryan I saw a very small sense of obligation and with Maci the organism she gets whenever she can completely control any situation.

I don't know about that. When 16 and Pregnant was filmed, Ryan had gone to a 2 year college/trade school/mechanic program, was employed as a diesel mechanic, and was living on his own in a pretty nice place. He, at age 20, was actually leaps and bounds above where he is now at age 28.

Now, Maci did say in her episode that she and her friends were into motorcross 2 wheels while Ryan and his crew were into 4 wheels (I don't speak motorcross and don't really know which is considered better) and therefore Maci considered Ryan kind of uncool, but that was the only standard she really mentioned.

I think 20 year old Ryan could have pulled a more attractive girl than Maci. But I do think they had a lot of similar tastes at the point in their lives, and he may have had legitimate affection for her. I think his attraction for her though just ran its course and by then it was too late to get out of the relationship. As far as Maci's feelings for Ryan- I do think she has them. Whether it's an honest desire to be with Ryan, or just the need to be the one who unequivocally ended things between the two of them is not clear to me. But I don't think she has the indifference for him that he has for her.

• Love 3

nope, he doesn't do it for me. But I think I have weird taste, I thought that the hottest TM dad was Matt the Addict from TM3

edited to say that I'm going entirely on looks; that boy was a complete nightmare!

Me too (about Matt)! I thought he was super hot (addiction issues aside). His baby mama wasn't that cute. I always thought he was way out of her league looks wise.

• Love 1

Ryan is attractive when he has energy (which is rare) and does not have that disgusting tobacco in his mouth. Maci is average but she has a great metabolism! I like her hair long and she looks best when she is not orange and is not wearing a lot of makeup.

• Love 3

I think Maci is pretty - I wouldn't complain if I looked like her. 

Ryan also looks good/not good depending on how he's acting.  He's definitely an attractive guy. And now he's got that salt and pepper hair going.... phew!

I'm in my 30s and older guys with grey hair do nothing for me but I think it's kinda sexy on guys who are of the age that should not have grey hair. 

• Love 1

Ryan is ok. He's one of the better looking dudes on the show. So it's like when you work at a place with only a couple guys and all of a sudden the ones there become better looking than others...and then you all go out together and you're like "omg, this guy is not as cute out of work context."

So in TMOG context, he's cute.

To me. 

I thought KEEFAH was pretty hot, again, personality and addiction issues aside. He's exactly the dude I go for. I like beefy, muscular thighs. <drool>

Maci is ok. The main thing she has going for her is being really skinny, which has always apparently made up for having an ok face and ok hair. I like her better as a strawberry blonde as well. I wouldn't wear what she wears, but I'm also not a 23 year old who has lived exclusively in the southern states my entire life, so there's that.

I can't even get an objective view of Catelynn because I almost always hate the weird shit she puts in her hair. Also, she looks so hauntingly like her mom, I'm normally toting up the similarities and wondering how long it'll be before she morphs into her.

• Love 3

Ryan might be more attractive if someone pumped some life into him once in a while. He always acts so bored and can't be bothered to make an effort WITH ANYTHING. Any woman who gets involved with him will have to do all the work emotionally cuz he apparently thinks it's enough to just show up. I find this extremely unattractive so I don't care how cute he is, he's a big zero in my book. 

Maci's enormous forehead always blinds me from noticing anything else. Has she ever had bangs?

I don't think of Amber as pretty, though she looks better than she ever has now. She has upgraded her look and that helps. I like the glasses.

With Catelynn, it depends. She has moments when she's cleaned herself up and has a big smile on her face -- she can be very pretty. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Ryan is smoking hot IMO, grey hair or not. His personality is a different story. Now, if he were also a caring, hands on dad, damn.

Maci is decently pretty in her own way, she has plain jane features. Strawberry blonde looks better than the bright orange she sometimes does. I thought she looked pretty in the Vegas restaurant scene, when she gave Taylor the engagement ultimatum.

Amber has improved. I had no idea she was remotely good looking. The 6" long generic-brand false lashes, dark brown greasy hair and orange skin made her look like an oompa loompa. I'm liking the blonde hair with light makeup on her.

Catelynn could be pretty if she lost weight and styled herself better. At face value she is the least pretty girl IMO.

Edited by iheartla
  • Love 3

No.

I don't think appearances are the main issue in any of these pairings.

I didn't think the Maci/Bentley thing was that bad. If I had caught my mom in the wrong mood with a "you leave your shoes all over" I might have been sent to my room too. She spoke forcefully and was obviously irritated, but I wouldn't say she was yelling or raging. I get it, Maci's annoying, but that just seemed like a pretty normal maybe less than stellar mom moment. Was I the only one that wasn't allowed to get away with sassy back talk to my mom?

But, I'm willing to bet that your mother never did it on national television where all of your friends/team mates and classmates could see it.

I have no problem with the discipline, I just think it was wrong to embarrass him on TV the way she did.

• Love 1

I just think it was wrong to embarrass him on TV the way she did.

These young women can't win with that, though.  If they discipline them in the "wrong" way, they're mean moms. If they don't discipline them or are too easy on them, they're indulgent moms who will raise a kid like Sophia.

Not defending them - to me that is just reason #1,231 why I would never sell my children out to the world via reality TV. I don't care how much money they gave me. I would just really rather work than pay in that way. (And I say that even though I was up at 6:30 on a Saturday because I'm used to that with the daily grind of getting up and going to REAL work every day - not sitting in front of my computer trying to peddle shitty clothes or mentioning products on my instagram.)

• Love 3

Maci's enormous forehead always blinds me from noticing anything else. Has she ever had bangs?

Her hair is so thin I don't think she can spare any for bangs and it still wouldn't change her giant lightbulb shaped head anyway. Still, she is always super thin and wears tight clothes and that's often number one in what a large portion of guys look for in a "hot" woman.

I used to work with a girl that was stick thin and painted her clothes on just like Maci but had the face of Freddy Krueger and she was still the most popular topic of discussion among the young, dumb, and full-of-cum boys.

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
(edited)

No.

I don't think appearances are the main issue in any of these pairings.

Never said I thought that either and I don't. People, especially younger people, usually date within their own level of attractiveness. It strikes me as odd that Ryan, who seems superficial and has had very pretty girlfriends afterwards, dated Maci, who I see as much less attractive than Ryan. There are many other issues but I was just focusing on that one thing. Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 1

Never said I thought that either and I don't. People, especially younger people, usually date within their own level of attractiveness. It strikes me as odd that Ryan, who seems superficial and has had very pretty girlfriends afterwards, dated Maci, who I see as much less attractive than Ryan. There are many other issues but I was just focusing on that one thing.

Agreed. Also Shelby, Ryan's most recent gf, and a gf he had in an early season of TM(not the one who went with him to FL) all physically resemble each other so I'd say Ryan definitely has a type. Maci is a head scratcher.

• Love 2
(edited)

1. Never got the whole Ryan is "hot" thing. He's definitely not ugly but far from being a head turner. His personality would force me to date my chair if a choice between the two.

He got the "hotter" girls after he'd become a "celebrity" and I'd doubt Dallas would have dated him preMTV.

2. I don't know Maci's secret but I do envy how slim (and stretch mark free) she is after pregnancies.

She's not ugly and does seem pretty cool to hangout with, but that hair is getting way TOO LONG. Too thin to be that long. If shorter and layered it would look so full of life plus strawberry blonde.

Someone mentioned the gauge needs to go...wouldn't her ear lobes be permanetly stuck with the big holes?? I don't know much about gauges so forgive my ignorance.

3. Catelynn was adorable in 16&pregnant and the first two seasons. These last couple have AGED her. I think I seen her wearing a top that my mom owns.

Her face always looks acne ridden and like she picks her skin. Some people do suffer from anxiety and resort to skin picking. Picking lip. Biting nails. Picking scabs and I think she does one if not all of those habits.

When my anxiety is through the roof I will bite on my bottom lip until it bleeds. I've finally stopped but I see Cate may be doing that to her face.

Tyler I feel brings most of that anxiety on. He says stupid things and you can tell it bothers Catelynn. For instance, on their honeymoon (HONEYMOON) he says "if it weren't for Carly we wouldn't be married," and all Catelynn could do to save face is to agree but I could tell that hurt her. Or the many times he asked for her ring back--but Tyler doesn't want to deal with her anxiety on their honeymoon.

Tyler has aged Catelynne IMO and she's too depressed to lose weight and she's depressed because she can't lose weight and Tyler makes her depressed for the same thing. I do feel bad in that sense for the girl.

If I were her I'd used all that sad energy and fuel it into exercising just to have that moment of strutting my stuff in front of Tyler to just begin talking about TYLERS FLAWS FOR A CHANGE. It's ALWAYS Catelynn that has to change.

4. Amber is pretty when they dress her up in classic dresses, almost vintage like. I love her lip stick on the reunion show and I loved her hair on a previous after show. It was tied to the side in a loose bun I think. She has potential.

5. Tyler is an ugly dork. He's less than average and only looks someone what appealing because groupies see him as an MTV star. If he would in my old college no girl would look twice. He's too corny.

6. Gary & Matt ...NULL

7. Farrah I had thought was pretty in the beginning. The fake Farrah now is just too much. She used to be petite now she always look like a giant compared to everyone on the reunion couch, butt implants making her sit too high??

8. Kailyn I feel will never look good to me regardless of all the surgery she gets. She's a "try hard" in my book. She's trying so hard to look feminine but it doesn't work for her. Too rough around the edges. She's pretty in the face when she smiles and I do love her hair but the attitude ruins it.

Edited by Calm81
  • Love 6

1. Never got the whole Ryan is "hot" thing. He's definitely not ugly but far from being a head turner. His personality would force me to date my chair if a choice between the two.

He got the "hotter" girls after he'd become a "celebrity" and I'd doubt Dallas would have dated him preMTV.

You bring up an interesting point. I personally think Ryan is foxy, but I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea. However, if PTV here is a fair representation of the population at large, I think it's fair to say he probably does all right at Chattanooga college bars, even with the lack of personality, work ethic, ambition, manners, social skills, a sense of personal responsibility.

However, I will concede that Dalis was out of his league. And then I got to wondering- while a number of the guys featured on Teen Mom and TM2 have used their "fame" to bag hotter chicks than they could have gotten without it (definitely Adam, Nathan, Gary, potentially Ryan, Jeremy, Jo, and even Corey), none of the girls really have. Maci got a lazy mooch who won't marry her. Amber got a possible sex offender druggie. Cate stuck with Tyler. Farrah's fame and money can't get her any guy once she unloads her charming personality on them. Same with Jenelle. Kail got a spineless insecure moron. Chelsea ended up with the kind of guy she probably would have ended up with without TM2. Really, only Leah is the one who married up, and then she blew it. 

I don't love Maci but I think Taylor is the one who is marrying up. She's stuck with him now, but I bet she regrets it.

• Love 3

You bring up an interesting point. I personally think Ryan is foxy, but I realize he's not everyone's cup of tea. However, if PTV here is a fair representation of the population at large, I think it's fair to say he probably does all right at Chattanooga college bars, even with the lack of personality, work ethic, ambition, manners, social skills, a sense of personal responsibility.

However, I will concede that Dalis was out of his league. And then I got to wondering- while a number of the guys featured on Teen Mom and TM2 have used their "fame" to bag hotter chicks than they could have gotten without it (definitely Adam, Nathan, Gary, potentially Ryan, Jeremy, Jo, and even Corey), none of the girls really have. Maci got a lazy mooch who won't marry her. Amber got a possible sex offender druggie. Cate stuck with Tyler. Farrah's fame and money can't get her any guy once she unloads her charming personality on them. Same with Jenelle. Kail got a spineless insecure moron. Chelsea ended up with the kind of guy she probably would have ended up with without TM2. Really, only Leah is the one who married up, and then she blew it. 

I don't love Maci but I think Taylor is the one who is marrying up. She's stuck with him now, but I bet she regrets it.

My theory on this phenomenon is that these girls were exposed to so much money at a young age, they can't stand to not be the center of attention at all times. So they attract moochers and deadbeats because they'll sit at home with them all day. Any guy with a legitimate career wouldn't give them the time of day. We saw how much Leah resented Jeremy for working a real job even though she knew what he did for a living. And Kail basically she-hulked Javi into joining the military so she could sit on her ass and have health insurance. Other than Javi, none of these guys have any ambition whatsoever.

• Love 1

2. I don't know Maci's secret but I do envy how slim (and stretch mark free) she is after pregnancies.

She's not ugly and does seem pretty cool to hangout with, but that hair is getting way TOO LONG. Too thin to be that long. If shorter and layered it would look so full of life plus strawberry blonde.

Someone mentioned the gauge needs to go...wouldn't her ear lobes be permanetly stuck with the big holes?? I don't know much about gauges so forgive my ignorance.

3. Catelynn was adorable in 16&pregnant and the first two seasons. These last couple have AGED her. I think I seen her wearing a top that my mom owns.

Her face always looks acne ridden and like she picks her skin. Some people do suffer from anxiety and resort to skin picking. Picking lip. Biting nails. Picking scabs and I think she does one if not all of those habits.

When my anxiety is through the roof I will bite on my bottom lip until it bleeds. I've finally stopped but I see Cate may be doing that to her face.

Tyler I feel brings most of that anxiety on. He says stupid things and you can tell it bothers Catelynn. For instance, on their honeymoon (HONEYMOON) he says "if it weren't for Carly we wouldn't be married," and all Catelynn could do to save face is to agree but I could tell that hurt her. Or the many times he asked for her ring back--but Tyler doesn't want to deal with her anxiety on their honeymoon.

Tyler has aged Catelynne IMO and she's too depressed to lose weight and she's depressed because she can't lose weight and Tyler makes her depressed for the same thing. I do feel bad in that sense for the girl.

If I were her I'd used all that sad energy and fuel it into exercising just to have that moment of strutting my stuff in front of Tyler to just begin talking about TYLERS FLAWS FOR A CHANGE. It's ALWAYS Catelynn that has to change.

4. Amber is pretty when they dress her up in classic dresses, almost vintage like. I love her lip stick on the reunion show and I loved her hair on a previous after show. It was tied to the side in a loose bun I think. She has potential.

5. Tyler is an ugly dork. He's less than average and only looks someone what appealing because groupies see him as an MTV star. If he would in my old college no girl would look twice. He's too corny.

6. Gary & Matt ...NULL

7. Farrah I had thought was pretty in the beginning. The fake Farrah now is just too much. She used to be petite now she always look like a giant compared to everyone on the reunion couch, butt implants making her sit too high??

8. Kailyn I feel will never look good to me regardless of all the surgery she gets. She's a "try hard" in my book. She's trying so hard to look feminine but it doesn't work for her. Too rough around the edges. She's pretty in the face when she smiles and I do love her hair but the attitude ruins it.

A lot of this probably belongs in the reunion followup thread, if nothing else so it doesn't get missed. But great observations. I didn't even notice Farrah was so tall this time but I knew something was off. In one of the previous shows she was on the whole throne by herself so it was hard to tell.

Was Kailyn on this episode? I notice she's been sort of subbing in for Farrah in a lot of the TM "candid" shots, but I didn't see her featured on this one. Could've easily missed it though.

Maci is cute at best in my opinion. In one of the previous seasons she had a strawberry blonde bob or lob and that did wonders to her appeal, unlike this long thin hair. It just isn't pretty because her hair isn't her best feature.

Cate, for me, is a prime example of having potential because of the natural pretty face features and then ruining it instead of working with it. (I'm referring to her 16&Pregnant episode, I haven't seen the early seasons.)

• Love 1

I've spent most of the day reading the old archived TWoP forums (it's a damn rabbit hole I can't get out of!!), I can't believe how much the opinion has turned on Maci. Back in the 16 and Pregnant days everybody was so impressed with her and talked about how mature and level headed she was.

People said that she was really going to go places in life.

Hahahaha. It's so much fun to read this shit.

• Love 3

Yeah, Maci was one of my favorites on 16 and P.  I thought she was a hard working girl from a good family, who was going to get somewhere in life, even with being a teen mother.

I would never have guessed that she would be on her third "miracle baby" in less then ten years and be spending most of her time begging some ugly dude to marry her.

• Love 5

I've spent most of the day reading the old archived TWoP forums (it's a damn rabbit hole I can't get out of!!), I can't believe how much the opinion has turned on Maci. Back in the 16 and Pregnant days everybody was so impressed with her and talked about how mature and level headed she was.

You have the power of making my whole entire week by giving me the link to that archive site.

MTV is showing a marathon of 16 and Pregnant this morning. These are EST. Catlyn 10 am. Farrah 11 am. Amber 12:10 pm and Maci 1:10 pm. If my TV Guide is correct, Maci was actually the first to be featured on Teen Mom Season 1 Episode 1.

Edited by druzy
  • Love 1

What??? You can read the forums? I thought the recaps were staying up, but the forums were going away. I try and read all recaps for fun and it takes forever and a day to load each page. As the recaps tend to be 10+ pages, that takes some time.

In fairness to the posters, I think Maci WAS a pretty mature 16-17 year old. When she found out she was pregnant spring of her junior year, she busted her ass trying to cram her senior year into the summer and two months before Bentley's due date. She then enrolled in community college for winter semester 2009. More importantly, unlike Leah, Jenelle, and Farrah, she didn't spend hours bemoaning her lack of social life and how "unfair" it was that she had to give up cheerleading, homecoming, and whatever other high school milestones she'd miss while home with the baby. Also, Ryan left her holding the bag with Ryan and she was doing 90% of the child care (with her mother doing the other 10%), and Maci never once seemed resentful of Bentley.

I don't think the posters were wrong, I think Maci changed. Plus, she's forever emotionally stunted at 18. She is approaching 25 and she still acts like she's 18.

• Love 1