Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

36 minutes ago, Starry said:

I checked Stephen's Twitter page and they're swapping bodies.

Judging by DP's interview I doubt Iris is in this at all. I'm not a fan of the body swap either. I guess I'll pass.

I've found body swap episodes can be really fun or fall flat, it's all up to the actors, but I suspect watching SA play Barry will be worth the price of tuning in.  Now, if GG can pull it off, I'll be impressed. Playing a mostly stoic character is a lot harder than those actors get credit for.  Or at least that's what I recall John Glover (Lionel Luthor on Smallville) saying about it when he was playing Tom Welling's Clark on Smallville. 

I already am impressed how quickly each get costumes that fit their newly altered sizes.

• Love 5
54 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I've found body swap episodes can be really fun or fall flat, it's all up to the actors, but I suspect watching SA play Barry will be worth the price of tuning in.  Now, if GG can pull it off, I'll be impressed.

?

Grant has range; I'm not sure if Amell can pull off Barry. I thought there was hardly any difference between the two versions of Oliver in last year's crossover.

21 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

And Batwoman? They made such a big deal about her that I’m surprised she’s not on there.

Maybe they're going to have a series of these with other characters? They probably wanted to put this out first to get people talking. 

As for Stephen having the range to play Barry - if anyone's ever seen him on Hung, he'll be perfectly fine playing a happy goof. 

• Love 7

Well, that kind of answers the "so what's Kara going to do?" question.... nicely done!

EDIT: I had thought this one was a fan Photoshop, but Caity Lotz just Tweeted it, so it's apparently another legit poster.  This thing's going to be crazy!

EDIT 2: Apparently this is actually a BossLogic original, so I have been successfully trolled by Caity Lotz.

17 hours ago, Trini said:

?

Grant has range; I'm not sure if Amell can pull off Barry. I thought there was hardly any difference between the two versions of Oliver in last year's crossover.

I thought that was kind of deliberate.  The idea to me was that Oliver could go in a really, really dark direction given the right/wrong impetus.

• Love 3

If Amell wanted to have Melissa's hair, he could totally pull it off.  And the Supergirl suit looks way better than the Flash one.  Red is not his color.  He can pull off the cowl and that's it. 

So I guess Grant in the Arrow suit is what Amell tweeted about last week? 

• Love 1
23 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

I've found body swap episodes can be really fun or fall flat, it's all up to the actors, but I suspect watching SA play Barry will be worth the price of tuning in.  Now, if GG can pull it off, I'll be impressed. Playing a mostly stoic character is a lot harder than those actors get credit for.  Or at least that's what I recall John Glover (Lionel Luthor on Smallville) saying about it when he was playing Tom Welling's Clark on Smallville. 

I already am impressed how quickly each get costumes that fit their newly altered sizes.

In The Great Brain Robbery episode of Justice League Unlimited, Clancy as Wally pretending to be Lex was a hoot. Michael Rosenbaum as Lex pretending to be the Flash was not as fun, but that's because Lex doesn't really know anything about Wally or the Flash. He did get to make one joke that's actually hilarious. He takes off the Flash cowl to figure out his secret identity and literally has no clue who Wally is. Bruce and Clark need their identities protected from Lex. Everyone else likely earns a big "who?" from him. The episode also revealed that if anyone with brains actually had the Flash's powers they'd be nearly unstoppable.

So if Oliver as Barry is half as funny as that episode, I'll be pleased.

• Love 3
22 hours ago, calliope1975 said:

Bosslogic made it, I believe. I'd watch that though.

Yes, I was corrected on Twitter.  Caity Lotz trolled me :) .

7 hours ago, Starfish35 said:

Melissa Benoist also posted:

Per a reaction on Melissa's post, that's actually the Smallville Kent farm.  So, yeah, nerdgasm.

• Love 1

Reddit spoilers had said that based on filming, he thinks SA is the only Arrow character crossing over. I doubted it then but now I’m wondering if maybe that’s the case. I think we only have reports of EBR/DR on set of an Arrow day. DP and Carlos seem to be filming all episodes. A lot of DP. 

It's absolute bullshit that Iris and Felicity aren't crossing over. Especially the former for me as she's only done it once (and it was quite...lacking). 

Plus a Lois-Iris-Kara (and maybe Clark) scene? So much for "journalism is important". 

• Love 3

If they were having Batman appear, I fully support a Jensen Ackles casting. 

I don’t think this is a true body swap. If that were the case, they wouldn’t be in each other’s suits. It’s like a powers/skills swap.

If Oliver is actually Barry Allen in a different world, it’s not a body swap either.

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, Chaser said:

Reddit spoilers had said that based on filming, he thinks SA is the only Arrow character crossing over. I doubted it then but now I’m wondering if maybe that’s the case. I think we only have reports of EBR/DR on set of an Arrow day. DP and Carlos seem to be filming all episodes. A lot of DP. 

If this is the case, I'm disappointed but not entirely surprised based on one, how prominent Felicity was last year (So I've been braced for less involvement this year) and two, the crossover this year being used to pimp out Batwoman's intro and apparently let them play more with Superman and focus more on Supergirl's world in the crossover. 

For an Arrowverse crossover I think it's generally disappointing since cast interactions and mixing them all up was always the highlight for me, but for some random three-parter that includes a few characters from the Arrowverse (but probably doesn't center on any of them) it still might be watchable.  Just not that special in terms of the individual shows.  

• Love 1

I to like to see the mixing of characters but if they arent really going to highlight anyone mixes within the Arrowverse cast in general, I'd prefer if we just get the big 3. So I dont even need DP/CV to prominent. But Amell makes that suit look GOOD! Grant definitely cant pull the new Flash suit and probably not even the Arrow suit.

Should Manifest Flight Have a Group Text? Five-0 Gals Join Sex Cult?! Was Jacked Chidi a Surprise? And More Qs!
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz and Charlie Mason / October 19 2018, 8:51 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/10/19/manifest-passengers-group-text-tv-questions-answers/

15 | Did The Flash lose his chinstrap because they knew Stephen Amell would soon have had to stuff his beard into it for the crossover? And did the speedster drama quickly beat “schway” into the ground?
arrowverse-poster-elseworlds.png?w=285&h 

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1