Type keyword(s) to search

Crisis On Infinite Earths 2019: Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Their Story

Message added by MarkHB

This thread is specifically for discussion of Elseworlds, Crisis on Infinite Earths, and speculation and spoilers directly pertaining to them.  Full rules for the thread are here; please read them.  Off-topic posts may be removed.

• Start Topic

On 10/25/2018 at 10:33 AM, Angel12d said:

Gotta be honest here. There is nothing about this crossover that remotely interests me. Just seems like a load of men and characters I don’t care about. 

Yeah, this might be the first one I pass on.  Between it feeling like nothing but a big ass backdoor pilot for the new Batwoman, no Legends, and that Costume city party wig on Ruby Rose I am not feeling it.

• Love 2

Arrow's Echo Kellum aka Mr. Terrific Joins Us Live & More! (Nerdist News Talks Back)
Nerdist    Streamed live 23 hours ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYEARt-yVv8

-- EK: "We just shot the crossovers and I got to work with John Wesley Shipp." 

Echo Kellum on ‘Arrow’ Season 7 and Curtis’ Role in the ‘Elseworlds’ Crossover
BY CHRISTINA RADISH      OCTOBER 29, 2018
http://collider.com/arrow-season-7-interview-echo-kellum/

Are you a part of this next cross-over?
KELLUM:
 Yeah, I did get to be a part of the cross-over. It was really cool. It definitely has a different feel, and it’s awesome. It was really awesome to be on set, during this cross-over, and get to work with everyone, to get to see Grant [Gustin] and Stephen [Amell] like I’ve never seen them before, and to get to work with John Wesley Shipp. It was the coolest. I feel like this whole interview is just me saying that I’m blown away and can’t believe my life, but it was just one of those moments where you have to take it in and be like, “Woah, this is my life. This is what I do.” It was very, very awesome to be a part of the cross-over this year.

Without revealing any spoilers, was there a specific stand-out moment for you?
KELLUM:
Absolutely, there was a moment. The biggest moments for me were when I got to work with John Wesley Shipp. I can’t really go into detail on what was happening in the scene, but I had to keep reminding myself to stay in the scene and not get lost in working with him.

Edited by tv echo

But there's more - I think there's more 'I can't believe they did this' comic book fan, you know, wonderful stuff that, um - than we've had in the previous four years combined."

I'm getting the feeling that it's a bunch of wacky moments on some kind of quest.  This crossover does really seem like just playing with life-sized action figures rather than worrying about telling a real story.

14 hours ago, tv echo said:

"Teamwork makes the dream work"  I suspect that SA has been watching a lot of Duck Tales lately.  

Chicago is transformed into Gotham City for 'Arrowverse' TV event
Tracy Schwartz   November 1, 2018
https://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/tv/ct-ent-arrow-crossover-filming-chicago-20181101-story.html

Chicago has been transformed into Gotham City for the upcoming “Arrowverse” three-night TV event.

Vehicles with the City of Gotham Police Department logo were parked Thursday night on lower level streets near Michigan Avenue south of the Chicago River. Signs posted there noted parking restrictions through Saturday.
A Warner Bros. representative confirmed the Chicago filming. The crossover filmed last month in Vancouver.
Chicago has famously doubled as Gotham City on the big screen. The first two movies in Christopher Nolan's “The Dark Knight” trilogy — 2005’s “Batman Begins” and 2008’s “The Dark Knight” — were filmed here.

Scenes for “Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice” — the 2016 movie starring Ben Affleck as the Caped Crusader — were also filmed in the Chicago area.

Edited by tv echo

Friday, Nov. 2 Filming Locations for Arrow in Chicago, The Morning Show in L.A., Manifest in NYC, & more!
Christine   November 2, 2018
https://onlocationvacations.com/2018/11/02/friday-nov-2-filming-locations-for-arrow-in-chicago-the-morning-show-in-l-a-manifest-in-nyc-more/

Here’s a look at various filming locations for Nov. 2, 2018:
TV Series: Arrow
Stars: Stephen Amell
Location: 121 N. Lasalle, Chicago also in vicinity of 100 E Wacker Dr, Chicago (looks like might be night shoot)

Edited by tv echo

Was Supergirl Too Close for Comfort? Is Rookie's Secret Out? Will Batwoman Call Chicago Home? And More TV Qs
By Vlada Gelman, Matt Webb Mitovich, Michael Ausiello, Kimberly Roots, Andy Swift, Dave Nemetz, Rebecca Iannucci, Ryan Schwartz and Charlie Mason / November 2 2018, 10:20 AM PDT
https://tvline.com/2018/11/02/supergirl-season-4-alien-immigrants-too-timely-tv-questions-answers/

19 | What are the odds that Arrowverse’s “Elseworlds” crossover worked in a cameo from Colin Donnell while filming in Chicago? (Maybe Tommy Merlyn is (bearded) Batman?!) ....

Colin Donnell was live.
October 24 at 4:01 PM · 
Chicago Med is on in One Hour!
Ask me some Questions!

https://www.facebook.com/colindonnell/videos/613473149050553

-- CD: "I see there are a lot of questions about Arrow. Um, so this is a Chicago Med live. But, uh, I don't have any plans to be back for Season 7 as of yet. Um, but, you know, I've been talking to Stephen. I know they're in the thick of their crossover right now and, uh, you know, certainly the Chicago shows can relate to the craziness that goes on when you are shooting a crossover. And so I wish all my friends over there with their huge, giant crossover that they're doing. And, uh, yeah, that's about it. That's all I have to tell you."

Edited by tv echo

I do appreciate the camaraderie between the casts and crews of the Arrowverse shows. Many seem to be friends or at least occasionally hang out off-set or when not working on a crossover which is nice to see! 

• Love 3

New Superman and Lois pic, as reported by TVLine

Now this is more like it. Three weeks after offering fans a decidedly casual glimpseof newly-minted Lois Lane Elizabeth Tulloch alongside returning Man of Steel Tyler Hoechlin, The CW has released a far more formal portrait of the iconic pair, with the Fortress of Solitude as a backdrop.

As previously reported, Superman and Lois will unite in this year’s three-night, “Elseworlds”-themed Arrowverse crossover event, which will air Sunday, Dec. 9 through Tuesday, Dec. 11, comprised of the ninth episodes of The Flash (airing on a special night), Arrow and Supergirl (airing on a special night).

66119FAF-E30A-4E93-A588-0288BAB0007D.png

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2

Still not enthused by this crossover, but that's a nice poster! And now that's two in a row where a (romantic) couple gets a poster for the crossover.

16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I don’t know if it’s the gown or the filter or what but she kinda looks like his mom?

Yeah, the gown isn't bad or anything like that, but it doesn't really say 'Lois Lane'.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Trini said:

Yeah, the gown isn't bad or anything like that, but it doesn't really say 'Lois Lane'.

Funny, to me it says, "Look, we had to hide Elizabeth's pregnancy somehow! Cut us some slack!"

• Love 3
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

I thought that maybe it was a homage to the white gown that Margot Kidder's Lois Lane wore in Superman (when she was interviewing Superman on the rooftop and then they went flying).

It's definitely an homage. I would have preferred something that said something about this version of Lois; but it's fine.

17 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Could they not have taken an actual picture of Stephen and Candice instead of using that lulzy photoshopped one? LOL

ETA: I'm glad they photoshopped it just for my own entertainment, but c'mon

Didnt want to blow the budget!

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

And the next promo is going to be Barry and Felicity... LOL

Will it, though? It struck me that to keep people guessing, they might actually not have the GA in this thing married to Felicity Smoak. Maybe they’ll give comic book fans the Laurel or BC pairing they want since Elseworlds will be providing them an excuse ( although imagining Barry with Evil Laurel or Dinah is LOLOLOLOL forever). I’d rather have Barry and Felicity, of course, at least those two have chem and are fun to watch together. 

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Will it, though? It struck me that to keep people guessing, they might actually not have the GA in this thing married to Felicity Smoak. Maybe they’ll give comic book fans the Laurel or BC pairing they want since Elseworlds will be providing them an excuse ( although imagining Barry with Evil Laurel or Dinah is LOLOLOLOL forever). I’d rather have Barry and Felicity, of course, at least those two have chem and are fun to watch together. 

That's exactly what I thought. Barry is going to end up with one of the birds. 

That would be so weird on-screen. Barry and Felicity are at least adorable together. 

2 minutes ago, Starfish35 said:

Has there been anything about KC or JH being in the crossover?  

No idea because no Felicity = no interest from me.

But from what I've seen it's a crossover full of comic randos so I'm expecting a bird in it. 

They left out LoT so I don't even have my yearly hope of a cute Ray and Felicity scene. 

I don't want Barry with anyone that isn't Iris. Candice's Iris gets enough hate as it is and people fabricating "chemistry" everytime Barry stands next to a white person. IMO these individuals don't have to be catered to. Green Arrow can stay single, LOL.

I liked Iris in the promo but I'm still not interested in the crossover and I'm having trouble understanding and accepting the set-up.

I think Gotham City, Clark and Lois are the things that intrigue me the most only because NOTHING of what I'm hearing about the regular characters has me excited.

• Love 2

That photoshopped picture getting dragged all over twitter and I am here for it.  LOL. 

Interesting they chose to highlight this as their first teaser since it is probably all we'll see of Iris in the crossover.  Heh.

2 hours ago, Starry said:

I think Gotham City, Clark and Lois are the things that intrigue me the most only because NOTHING of what I'm hearing about the regular characters has me excited.

I agree that nothing about the regular characters look interesting, but I suspect that is because it seems like the thrust of the storytelling with be on the Gotham/Superman stuff. I am still not sold on this. I'll watch the Flash, of course because I always do. But not sure about the rest.  I will say that last year's Crossover The Supergirl and the Legends parts were the best, imo.  And I don't normally watch Supergirl.

Regards the non-regulars:   I am good with a Batwoman series.  But I am kinda over Superman.  One of the reasons I enjoy the DCTV universe is because we get stories about the non-Batman, Superman DC heroes.  Batman and Superman have been done to death for years!  Over and over again.  I can't even get excited by Lois Lane because it is so obvious that they are using the Christopher Reeve movies as their template even in their casting of Lois. Bitsy Tulloch looks so much like Margot Kidder!  I agree with @Trini about them saying something new about this Lois.  Oh well.

• Love 2