Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

Omar's smart, educated, speaks English. Why Avery? Why not try to go to Canada? We have tons of Syrian refugees and many of them are doing very, very well here. 

ETA - his being a dentist would help his status too. He'd have to upgrade or be tested here, but there's entire community groups that help new immigrants and refugees with that. 

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Useful 4
  • Love 12
Just now, Suzy Rhapsody said:

You feel doubtful about Omar?  Well, gosh, this might be why some people like to wait to marry a total stranger until they know them.  Oh, and wait until they’re at least in their 20s.

The More You Know.  🌈 

You win the internet this month!!!

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

How many hijabs does that child have? It's like 50, at least.

This one's really pretty. She looks nice. But she should stop with the sniveling. It reminds of when we dropped our son off at college, and his gf at the time wouldn't stop with the tears. I had to take her aside and tell her to dry it up and be brave and cheerful. Why make it harder? (And he was only in Providence! An hour away!) 

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, PityFree said:

How are the two newlyweds doing anything but having sex in their hotel room?. That’s what I would’ve been doing if I had a brand new husband.

That’s what I was thinking.  My feet would be in the air. We can discuss logistics later. 

• LOL 13
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Gigglepuff said:

Omar's smart, educated, speaks English. Why Avery? Why not try to go to Canada? We have tons of Syrian refugees and many of them are doing very, very well here. 

The ones who run the chocolate company - Peace by Chocolate. Good for them!

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Angry Moldovan said:

She’s so young and needy, he’s counting the minutes until  she leaves

Yeah, like a much younger version of Jenny.  Oh, Avery,  he is definitely more interested in the Visa than you.   And I can't blame him too much, as Avery is  a mini-me of her mother.

• Love 3
Just now, Frozendiva said:

The ones who run the chocolate company - Peace by Chocolate. Good for them!

Yes! Their chocolate is amazing! And there are loads of other success stories. I was recently at an event hosted by MP and we met a bunch of Syrians who are doing well here. One family had a son who was just accepted into veterinary school after being here for only three years. 

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Everyone lies Avery 

When I get the "I never lie" line from men, I always reply, "Oh, you just told your first one!"

Edited by Julyolo
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 4
  • Love 5