Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

No Sgt. Baker yet.

But we got Princess Toast! TWO TIMES!

edited: Make that THREE times! 

Edited again: final count, FOUR TIMES!

(I’m going to keep track of Princess Toast this season.)

and Sgt. Baker finally showed up in the last ten minutes 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 1
25 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

Such a cheapskate! Ugh... 

My last BF was this kind of cheapskate and it was awful. Not the first time I'd run into it, either. We're talking people in their 50s. It becomes clear quickly (and no doubt about me as well, haha) why they are available, except for the very rare widow/widower. I bet Colt has some cash, Vegas is not expensive for normal housing and he shares it. He just hates to spend it--on frippery like a/c for the car, or a gym membership, or a normal-sized croissant. 

I was so eager to have someone at the time (it had been a long time, know whatuh mean, and he had his good points) that I would eat a meal before meeting him because God forbid I should order a meal of my own--rather, "let's share one"--and I felt sick about the inevitable tension over the check. BTW this guy had a 7-figure inheritance and didn't need a regular job. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I LOVED living in New Orleans because it was so good for my skin. I love humidity- yes I’m that weirdo. Now imagine how dry my skin is in Las Vegas heat! ??

Humidity is good for the skin!  

Dry cold cracks your skin.  

Humidity sucks but I think it is easier on the body than dry heat. It is like in the dry saunas when your skin starts to sting. 

• Love 3
Just now, Dance4Life said:

Humidity is good for the skin!  

Dry cold cracks your skin.  

Humidity sucks but I think it is easier on the body than dry heat. It is like in the dry saunas when your skin starts to sting. 

I like heat in general, and I’ve got extremely dry skin. I also rarely sweat. Combine that with having melanin and I don’t get why people complain about heat and sun. Of course I believe people when they say they are uncomfortable, but I’m generally fine. Now why was I born in chicago IL? From Nov to May I’m miserable!

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

So wait, I have the feeling that Colt should have brought Larissa something, like flowers maybe. Am I way off base? 

Nope. That's what people with manners do. You bring flowers to your freakin' fiance or other people who have been away for a long time. Maybe, with airport security being what it is, you don't want to have a bunch of stuff with you, you have them in the car, or a nice surprise at home. You have food ready for someone coming from a long flight (I can understand if they don't want to stop at a restaurant right away). And, since you are in sweltering Las Vegas, maybe you bring a newbie a bottle of water for the drive home. 

It's called being civilized. Colt's mother should have taught him that.

• Love 13
On 10/21/2018 at 8:05 PM, Neurochick said:

Is this just a younger Devar and Melanie?

She looks like she’s on meth.

I don't think she looks like shes on meth, I think shes really cute however she obviously has a few loose screws. 

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, Tuneful said:

My last BF was this kind of cheapskate and it was awful. Not the first time I'd run into it, either. We're talking people in their 50s. It becomes clear quickly (and no doubt about me as well, haha) why they are available. I bet Colt has some cash, Vegas is not expensive for normal housing and he shares it. He just hates to spend it--on frippery like a/c for the car, or a gym membership, or a normal-sized croissant. 

I was so eager to have someone at the time (it had been a long time, know whatuh mean, and he had his good points) that I would eat a meal before meeting him because God forbid I should order a meal of my own--rather, "let's share one"--and I felt sick about the inevitable tension over the check. BTW this guy had a 7-figure inheritance and didn't need a regular job. 

Some guys are what I like to call socially awkward.  I seem to attract these guys and don’t mind showing them the way.  They usually have very nice hearts and a joy to be around.

I agree.  Cheapness is a deal breaker.  Whether you have the money or not.  Like you said.  Tension and having to hide embarrassment to save face.......well, time to move on and look for another mate. 

• Love 7
45 minutes ago, PityFree said:

People will lie to you if you move here  to Colorado, too, and say you don’t need air-conditioning but they are lying liars who lie. Dry heat is still hot.

Yes and they're saying we'll be having our almost annual Halloween snow.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, Brooklynista said:

I smell TLC shenanigans.  Larissa is fanning herself in the car but the windows ARE rolled up. Look closely and you can see a sticker in the bottom corner.

In the scene with Colt and his mother in the car, he says Larissa is coming "tomorrow." The are both wearing long sleeved collared shirts that appear to be heavy enough to be uncomfortable in the heat. The windows are rolled up - that sticker you mentioned. Hmm.

There is a slot machine in their kitchen area. LOL.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, renatae said:

In the scene with Colt and his mother in the car, he says Larissa is coming "tomorrow." The are both wearing long sleeved collared shirts that appear to be heavy enough to be uncomfortable in the heat. The windows are rolled up - that sticker you mentioned. Hmm.

There is a slot machine in their kitchen area. LOL.

Wait I missed the sticker on the car window.  What's the sticker on the window??!?!!?  

2 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

In her talking head Larissa said she was 31- I remember because I thought “oh they are close in age.”

At that age, she should have seen the red flags coming up and bypassed him as a prospect.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

I'm rooting for Fernanda and Asuelo to come to their senses and go home.  They are too good for Jonathan and Kalani. 

Leida just wants to be free.  Eric will not be the key to her freedom. Like her sister says, she needs a Plan B and C stat!

Larissa, girl. You are not going to get what you want with Colt. 

Maybe I missed something, but why is Asuelo too good for Kalani ? He seems like some regular, immature 23 year old who impregnates a virgin, cheats on her, doesnt provide anything for his baby for 5 months...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwasish said:

Who knew WATER could cause that much damage?

I usually FF through commercials so it took me a while to realize what y’all were talking about with Sgt. Baker.  I should come clean that those commercials are for my employer.  I don’t totally disagree, our marketing tends towards unabashed sentimentality, but I don’t think they’re THAT bad... and water DOES cause that much damage, lol.  Water losses are our most numerous type of homeowners claim and one of the most expensive.

I kind of heart the guy from SOMwa.

• Love 4

Larissa was right to wonder why he met her at the airport empty handed. Colt definitely seems to have a backbone though which will work well for him in this relationship and make her respect him. I am curious why he thinks she will hate Las Vegas. Larissa seems to have gotten the sweetest deal, she lives in one of the biggest party cities in the country, probably less than 20 minutes from the strip, yet still has a normal quiet suburban life overlooking mountains. 

I dislike Jonathan and Fernanda, their fake fight, and she seems like the type who will want to start a modeling career from the exposure of the show. But I felt bad for her when the friend started in in the anti-mexican stuff that he said many people in the area felt. 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Wait I missed the sticker on the car window.  What's the sticker on the window??!?!!?  

Ya know, that little generic sticker that on most car windows. Clear sticker w black lettering.  For the life of me i can't think of what it says. Its from the manufacturer. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I believe she was especially since she is Mormon. But she could’ve been an “oral sex isn’t sex” virgin, I know a lot of religious women that had that stance. (Not saying all people who obstain from sex for religious reasons feel that way!)

Just FYI for everyone who missed it, she was raised Mormon but left it a number of years ago.

Not that it didn't (and to some extent probably still does) play into some choices she made/makes, but...just to add this in for context/background.

(And based on things on the show the first two episodes, I'm guessing she's not the only one in her family who did leave the LDS church)

Edited by onatrek
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, PityFree said:

People will lie to you if you move here  to Colorado, too, and say you don’t need air-conditioning but they are lying liars who lie. Dry heat is still hot.

*Waving at Pityfree*

I’m in Colorado as well and yes, we do need AC. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Given that the guy she picked is homeless and an ex con...she should have picked one of the other possible baby daddy's so now we know that this girl is not smart a little bit.

He’s not an ex con. He was arrested for graffiti. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

The house I grew up in was open, with only poles and rock flooring.  My daily activities are collecting wood, opening coconuts and feeding the pigs. Hahahahah!

kahlani seems poor. She is a mom and in temporary housing because according to her.......we will see.

They should go rural.  Asuelu can tend to the land and she can work outside the home.

Is Asuelu changing his accent for his talking heads??  To sound slow....???

When he is talking with others, specially with the baby his speech pattern sounds normal.

I really thought he was slow not being mean what so ever i think he is sweet however...

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

13/14 is a very different situation than 18/19 (when he was likely kicked out). If your child is legally an adult and is doing things that are a danger to themselves or other people in the household (drugs, criminal activity etc etc) I think you have the right to ask them to leave if they don’t fly right. Often if you don’t you have them at 30 doing the same shit they were doing at 19, still in your house with you enabling bad behavior. 

He said he was kicked out at 16. 

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Maybe I missed something, but why is Asuelo too good for Kalani ? He seems like some regular, immature 23 year old who impregnates a virgin, cheats on her, doesnt provide anything for his baby for 5 months...

I think he is sincere. 

She was not a teen. She was 28 years old!  If she did not want to get pregnant, she was fully capable of using birth control or telling him he needed to use condoms. 

We don’t know if he cheated on her. 

What would you expect someone who lives hand to mouth to provide?

2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I'm north of the 49th in Alberta.

I’m in Alberta too. 

As a kid, we did have days that were hot. I remember days too hot to sleep in the late 1960’s. But winters are different now. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Larissa was right to wonder why he met her at the airport empty handed. Colt definitely seems to have a backbone though which will work well for him in this relationship and make her respect him. I am curious why he thinks she will hate Las Vegas. Larissa seems to have gotten the sweetest deal, she lives in one of the biggest party cities in the country, probably less than 20 minutes from the strip, yet still has a normal quiet suburban life overlooking mountains. 

I dislike Jonathan and Fernanda, their fake fight, and she seems like the type who will want to start a modeling career from the exposure of the show. But I felt bad for her when the friend started in in the anti-mexican stuff that he said many people in the area felt. 

Well, you need MONEY to enjoy the strip! Las  Vegas tourism ads will lure you there with cheap flights and hotels but once there.....it is a Spending Trap.  

Since, Larissa can’t even enjoy some air conditioning in a 1994 Corolla....I am gonna guess Colt won’t be taking her to the Strip any time soon.

The good thing is once she escapes Cheap Colt, Smother Colt and the Cats.... Larissa can find employment and make good money at the strip joints.

• Love 11
10 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

Former Bal'mer-ite here, though briefly, but I wondered why they did that too!!  I was trying to figure out if Ashley flew out of Harrisburg or BWI too.  I pay attention to all the wrong things lol

Pretty sure she got a hotel to catch an early flight, so probably not Harrisburg.  

• Love 2
10 hours ago, Armchair Critic said:

I also wondered if he was trolling us and is smarter than we think

I think he is very smart, but somehow lacks empathy or something like that.  Not aware of social nuances.   So far, though, I like him.  

• Love 3

Well, you need MONEY to enjoy the strip! Las  Vegas tourism ads will lure you there with cheap flights and hotels but once there.....it is a Spending Trap.  

Since, Larissa can’t even enjoy some air conditioning in a 1994 Corolla....I am gonna guess Colt won’t be taking her to the Strip any time soon.

The good thing is once she escapes Cheap Colt, Smother Colt and the Cats.... Larissa can find employment and make good money at the strip joints.

You can't even sit down unless you are spending money

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Dance4Life said:

Some guys are what I like to call socially awkward.  I seem to attract these guys and don’t mind showing them the way.  They usually have very nice hearts and a joy to be around.

I agree.  Cheapness is a deal breaker.  Whether you have the money or not.  Like you said.  Tension and having to hide embarrassment to save face.......well, time to move on and look for another mate. 

Agreed. It's the lack of generosity that gets to me. I can't be that way with other people and I can't handle being around it.

I think it's a control issue.

• Love 6

That's absolutely true ! Easy employment opportunities. 

• Love 1

It’s a good thing she has her own boobies or had someone else spring for them, I don’t see Colt as the type to spend money on frivolities.

Edited by iwasish
  • Love 3

"No, darlin’." Colt wouldn’t buy her boobies even if they were $20 from a vending machine. 

But I think she’s a demanding Grade A bitch, so I love it when he calmly dashes her hopes 

Edited by magemaud
  • Love 9
41 minutes ago, ainslee and sanjay said:

First time poster. Love all of the brilliant snark on here.

Re: the pronunciation of Samoa.  The Polynesian long a sound is typically elongated in words like Samoa.  So it's like Saaaaaaaaaaamoa.

Yeah, I looked on line and saw a few answers to this including some with native speakers saying it in a way I would spell as "Sa'amoa."  I kind of was boggled at people here thinking "why doesn't everyone say it the way I pronounce that Girl Scout cookie?" - French people also say "Paris" wrong, then, and it took English-speakers a long time to acknowledge "Bombay" was totally wrong.  I don't think they're being pretentious by using a more-correct version of the name of a place?

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, sconstant said:

Yeah, I looked on line and saw a few answers to this including some with native speakers saying it in a way I would spell as "Sa'amoa."  I kind of was boggled at people here thinking "why doesn't everyone say it the way I pronounce that Girl Scout cookie?" - French people also say "Paris" wrong, then, and it took English-speakers a long time to acknowledge "Bombay" was totally wrong.  I don't think they're being pretentious by using a more-correct version of the name of a place?

I'm sure she picked up her pronunciation of Samoa from her father, who is, after all, from Samoa.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

No, darlin’. Colt wouldn’t buy her boobies even if they were $20 from a vending machine. 

But I think she’s a demanding Grade A bitch, so I love it when he calmly dashes her hopes 

Spit out my coffee when I read that.  Thanks for making me waste good coffee  LOL!!!!!

You're right, she is a Grade A bitch who thinks she's prettier than she is.  I like it when the closet wanker shuts her down too; he's not nearly as dumb as he looks.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, Lily247 said:

Read Toaster Strudel's take on him in the regular episode thread.  That was perfect.

• Love 2