Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

I understand why Paul's mother isn't thrilled about the baby.  Paul and Karine are a mess.  She knows Paul is crazy, and neither is mature enough for raising a kid.  Look at their interaction tonight.  His mom knows that if Karine comes to the USA, she, as the grandmother, will end up raising the baby.

Edited by lucy711
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, hisbunkie said:

In defense of Mother Paul’s hair gathering,  it’s an old tradition.  Gold lockets were originally made to hold a lock of hair from one’s love. 

Aren’t they from Kentucky? I do think that was a custom among some of the families of KY, WV, TN. They took it to carry during the Civil War. Didn’t they make jewelry out of deceased family members hair also?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

But with Paul, it's creepy AF.

Absolutely agree. I just wanted to reference where the custom came from. 

Mother Paul does not seem too excited about the upcoming grandchild. I don’t think I would have been so honest on TV.  

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, iwasish said:

They took it to carry during the Civil War. Didn’t they make jewelry out of deceased family members hair also?

Yes and there are contemporary jewelers who will do that for you with a loved one's or pet's hair. :)

It can turn out quite lovely, too.

Edited by Toodleoo
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, iwasish said:

Aren’t they from Kentucky? I do think that was a custom among some of the families of KY, WV, TN. They took it to carry during the Civil War. Didn’t they make jewelry out of deceased family members hair also?

In Victorian times making jewelry out of a loved ones hair was common. In "Little Women" there's a scene where Marmee is given a brooch made from the hair of all four girls and her husband. 

• Love 1

I like Michael better with hair.

Paul is worse in person.  You can't edit the fact that he doesn't even know how crazy he sounds about asking for DNA tests yet professing his love.  And his eyes are blue and wild....like a cult leader.   If Paul and Jesse would get together they would cook up a lot of koolaid.  Verrrrrrry controlling....

• Love 7

Didn't Paul leave Brazil very shortly after the miscarriage?  It's hard to really know the way they film it.  They usually advise to wait a few weeks before trying again.  I think I'd be questioning it too for her to be pregnant already when he wasn't even there.    

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, iwasish said:

They did weave wreaths out of hair as a memento.

• Love 1

Actually under US law, the baby would be legally Paul’s.  In the US he would be responsible for it.  If the dna shows it not to be his, he would have to go to Family Court to give up his parental rights. 

OMG, those pics of Angela. No wonder Michael was stunned when he first saw her. They must be 20 years old.

Ahhh - the answer to her stalking out- he called her his elder again. LOL

Edited by renatae