Type keyword(s) to search

90DF Live Chat: Rice-A-Roni & Google Translate

Drogo
Message added by Meredith Quill

Don't post social media info/spoilers in the live chat.

This is the LIVE CHAT topic for ALL 90DF shows. Posting should only occur in this topic during the FIRST live airing of the episode.  See here for more details.

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Swedishswordfish said:

Ximena actually likes  Ricky, she's much prettier and seemingly has more charm/personality than plan A. If she doesn't slap Ricky and run back home when he tells her she's plan b (which she should def do), Ricky muggy have stumbled and fumbled his way into something. Wow. What are the odds he'll propose (with plan A's ring lol) and lock it down before he leaves in 10 days? 

Would she care if she gets the "golden ticket"?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, CoachWristletJen said:

I hazed Ricky pretty good, but I gotta admit I kinda like this guy I'm seeing now. Why is it that when he says that he wants to be a gentleman, I believe him?

This woman seems genuinely interested in him. And, he's treating her like a queen.

It's kinda cool to see.

Ximena may be Plan B, but at least he feels like crap about it.

I think he's going to wind up feeling happy that Plan A fell through.

He feels like crap to the camera.  Am not believing he will tell her about it until the reunion special or their 15th anniversary or maybe he’ll etch it on their gravestones. 

• Love 3

I swear, the running time of this show could be sheared down to a quick and dirty 40 minutes if they cut out all of the scenes that are repeated multiple times.

Also, I am LOVING Dean.  He’s definitely rough around the edges, but he’s trying his best to get to the bottom of this stupidity.  My first inclination would be to say that he’s being unnecessarily harsh to Hazel, but I have no doubt that 80% of this show is staged, so it doesn’t bother me as much. 

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 6

No, Tarik. That outfit was the worst decision you ever made.

Actually, though, if Dean wanted to break Tarik and Hazel up, he went about it exactly the wrong way. The hard push will just make Tarik that much more determined to marry Hazel.

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jon was in more than the 50 or 60 fights he admitted  to. I think the pints flow pretty freely when Jon is around, and cloud his memory and his ability to control his anger. A boozed up brawl is still a fight. Rachel needs to worry as much about Jon's drinking as his fighting because they are obviously intertwined.

Let's not forget his spontaneous street yakking. I think he was hungover the day she arrived. That's why he was a no show.

Also, I seriously think he may have sustained a head injury in one or more than one of those fights. He ain't right.

• Love 11

Dean is the way that the Americans need to be. *looking at you Rachel* Flying 5k miles and finding out about his 50-60 fights and multiple assault charges and bringing your baby around someone like that is stupid. These people can't see the flaws and the red flags because they're too emotionally invested and can't see outside of these idealised versions of these people they want to see. Could Dean's delivery have been better? Absolutely. He was rude to someone he had known 30 seconds. He could've done that over Skype.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Dean, something ain't right about you!  While I agree that Tarek's relationship is sketchy, so tell Hazel that she has no character because she didn't fight for her son is just so out of line.  He has no idea what she may have gone through or why she made the decisions she did.  If she couldn't afford to feed her son, maybe she made the selfless decision to send him to his father because it was best for the child.  Question her relationship with Tarek all you want, but I lost any respect for him after that performance.

Maybe she should take him to her parent's or where she lives and show him the conditions. Dean can be skeptical but he was out and out abusive. Hazel doesn't deserve that. This is a woman willing to marry a stranger so she can get her son back.

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 12
1 minute ago, LilaFowler said:

LOL, who is Dean to judge anyone? He spent thousands of dollars to spend like 20 minutes yelling at some girl about losing custody of her son. No life of your own?

I'm thinking either tarik or tlc paid for his ticket, tarik keeps saying that he "never should've brought" his brother. Or, TLC could've brought him or paid him making a bet that his explosive personality would work in their favor. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Bubbacat said:

Actually, though, if Dean wanted to break Tarik and Hazel up, he went about it exactly the wrong way. The hard push will just make Tarik that much more determined to marry Hazel.

Tarik and Hazel are locked into an unholy alliance. He's lusting after her and she's lusting after the United States. Nothing will separate them.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, EllaDisco said:

Dean, something ain't right about you!  While I agree that Tarek's relationship is sketchy, so tell Hazel that she has no character because she didn't fight for her son is just so out of line.  He has no idea what she may have gone through or why she made the decisions she did.  If she couldn't afford to feed her son, maybe she made the selfless decision to send him to his father because it was best for the child.  Question her relationship with Tarek all you want, but I lost any respect for him after that performance.

Interesting that the father of Hazel’s child has money....I wonder if he is an American?

• Love 2
Just now, Swedishswordfish said:

I'm thinking either tarik or tlc paid for his ticket, tarik keeps saying that he "never should've brought" his brother. Or, TLC could've brought him or paid him making a bet that his explosive personality would work in their favor. 

Nah. Tarik took like 10 cheap flights to get to Manila. These people aren't doing anything on TLC's dime (yet).

Just now, Bubbacat said:

Exactly. He just made himself out to be the enemy to both of them. And the whole, “It says a lot about a fee-male” thing was just stupid. It says a lot about your dumb ass brother to be running all around Asia trying to bang young women.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, AussieBabe said:

Dean is the way that the Americans need to be. *looking at you Rachel* Flying 5k miles and finding out about his 50-60 fights and multiple assault charges and bringing your baby around someone like that is stupid. These people can't see the flaws and the red flags because they're too emotionally invested and can't see outside of these idealised versions of these people they want to see. Could Dean's delivery have been better? Absolutely. He was rude to someone he had known 30 seconds. He could've done that over Skype.

When you are wearing rose colored glasses, all of the red flags just look like flags.

• Love 10

Dean was completely out of line barraging Hazel about her child. He managed to make me feel badly for her. He's a bully. He could have been much gentler in his questions. Heck, he could have actually acted like a gentleman. Insinuating she did not fight for her child when he has no clue about the situation was totally out of line.

Edited by renatae
Spelling counts
  • Love 11

It's one thing to be protective of big bro, quite another to be an ahole.  I felt sorry for Hazel.  It must be painful to be told that you are a bad mother, when it's due to circumstances that were beyond your control.

• Love 11
11 minutes ago, ThinkerBell said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Jon was in more than the 50 or 60 fights he admitted  to. I think the pints flow pretty freely when Jon is around, and cloud his memory and his ability to control his anger. A boozed up brawl is still a fight. Rachel needs to worry as much about Jon's drinking as his fighting because they are obviously intertwined.

Not that I disagree with you that he's got a temper problem and shouldn't be drinking, because I completely do agree, but I do wonder about the fights that occurred without legal intervention. Because the count is so high and he's not that old, I have to wonder if he's including fights on the school yard. My brother used to get into small fights, mostly scuffles on the playground, all the time, usually defending other kids who were too small or intimidated to stand up for themselves. As he got older, the fights that he got in tended to be further apart, mostly because he had found his outlet for his physical aggression and testosterone. To his credit, he never hit a girl, even his sister (although, I probably deserved to be decked on more than one occasion), and he would attempt to settle things first in other ways. For him, fighting  was a last resort but alcohol could bring out that side of him.

That being said, I wonder if Jon's interest in American Football fulfills that physicality need for him. If that's true, he may be now less likely to fight since he's found his outlet for that. But Rachel needs a lot more information on what happened and exactly when all these fights happened.

• Love 5

You have give Michael his props.  He’s not even attempting to play the whole “I love Angela, we’re soulmates” bullshit game.  He’s flat-out stating that he’s in this relationship so that he can get to America for a better life.  If he’s willing to put up with this braying old fool of a woman, I almost can’t begrudge him that.  In fact, he should probably get hazard pay.  My lungs would be aching after a couple of days in close quarters with Angela. 

Edited by SuzyLee
  • Love 14