Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

On 1/28/2019 at 6:09 AM, Kyanight said:

I don't think she did have surgery.  Yet.  I think it's inevitable and they are just putting it off.

I am guessing they moved because of finances.

I think they don't have the $ or good health insurance to pay for her surgery.  I did a quick google and it looks like about 150K for the surgery.  Could be wrong though.  I know my simple gallbladder years ago was about 12K without insurance ($10 with).

Re Maddie and Caleb renting that house.  Isn't one of them in college?  Student loan money going towards rent?  Small payment for birthing Axel on tv and they are blowing it on too large of a house?  Section 8 (they have a kid and Caleb has health issues, so that may help them qualify?)?  Way to pursue those dreams Maddie.  Soon to be 2 kids under 5.  Not going to college anytime soon.  Normally this would be a whatev's for me but she had such big goals and its sorta sad she is putting it aside.  It doesn't get any easier the older you get and the TLC gravy train won't last forever nor are she and her husband dynamic enough for a spin off.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I think they don't have the $ or good health insurance to pay for her surgery.  I did a quick google and it looks like about 150K for the surgery.  Could be wrong though.  I know my simple gallbladder years ago was about 12K without insurance ($10 with).

Re Maddie and Caleb renting that house.  Isn't one of them in college?  Student loan money going towards rent?  Small payment for birthing Axel on tv and they are blowing it on too large of a house?  Section 8 (they have a kid and Caleb has health issues, so that may help them qualify?)?  Way to pursue those dreams Maddie.  Soon to be 2 kids under 5.  Not going to college anytime soon.  Normally this would be a whatev's for me but she had such big goals and its sorta sad she is putting it aside.  It doesn't get any easier the older you get and the TLC gravy train won't last forever nor are she and her husband dynamic enough for a spin off.

I have wondered if Christine and Janelle would qualify for medical treatment as single parents.  Kody is apparently not on their kid's birth certificates and neither of them are presently employed where health benefits would apply.  Did we ever hear if Truely's hospital birth and later hospital stay due to the Brown family neglect was paid?

Re. Caleb and Maddie.  It seems they have vacated the rental house and are now moving to Greenville, NC, where Caleb has accepted a job.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

I have wondered if Christine and Janelle would qualify for medical treatment as single parents.  Kody is apparently not on their kid's birth certificates and neither of them are presently employed where health benefits would apply.  Did we ever hear if Truely's hospital birth and later hospital stay due to the Brown family neglect was paid?

Re. Caleb and Maddie.  It seems they have vacated the rental house and are now moving to Greenville, NC, where Caleb has accepted a job.

Kody isn't on the birth certificates??

17 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Kody isn't on the birth certificates??

As far as I know, only Mariah and Ariella would be registered with him as the father.  Sol was born before he and Robyn were legally married and then he adopted Robyn's first 3, so he would be responsible for their medical expenses.

Polygamists have a term for it, "Bleeding the Beast".  Christine was on food stamps when the program first started.

Edited by Sandy W
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

I have wondered if Christine and Janelle would qualify for medical treatment as single parents.

That all depends on how the income from TLC is managed.  I'm sure they have some fancy way of avoiding taxes but they are not exactly the poster children for smart money management.

We don't know for sure that the birth certificates just show the name of the mother.  Some states mandate that there must be a father's name but I don't know about Utah.  I'm sure they LL (meaning all polygamists) do whatever it takes to screw the system and get as much money from the government as possible.  That's the government, by the way, that they denigrate for persecuting them.  Funny how that works...

• Love 7

I know in Idaho laws got stricter for getting food stamps and other benefits for kids in the last few years. When my friend's granddaughter was born 15 years ago, you could get everything but cash benefits without naming the father. When I got my grandson for the first time in 2012, I didn't have to name his parents, so they didn't have to pay child support. He went back to his mother for 9 months in 2014 and when I got him back and signed up for benefits, I had to name his parents and they went after both of them for child support.

So, my bet is that Kody is on all of the kid's birth certificates, since when they were born their mothers could still get Medicare & Food Stamps without having Health & Welfare go after Kody for child support.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

My guess is a combo of disability (Caleb's illness); TLC, and Maddie's income from Instagram (if any). Minus the cost of her Lularoe inventory, of course.

• Love 1

I'm too exhausted by these people to speculate how and where money is coming from....money coming IN, anyway.

As far as money going OUT, they're masters at it. You'd be surprised how much you can borrow if you don't mind shady, fly-by-night companies loaning you money, ridiculous interest rates, double or triple mortgaging yourself up to your eyeballs...and any one of these idiots would be more than happy to do ALL of that.

They never intend to pay it off anyway. The plan is "borrow as much as humanly possible, then default on all of it." Bankruptcies must be carefully planned, of course...there are some restrictions on loans if you have a recent bankruptcy. But with plenty of adults to declare bankruptcy at different times, they manage.

I think future bankruptcy planning is the reason for the odd way they bought the properties in Flagstaff. IIRC there are sometimes 3 of them on single home or lot in Flag...why have, just as an example (I don't recall who was on what), Meri, Kody, & Christine all on one property? Bankruptcy planning...that's my guess.

And they will NEVER actually own anything. Meri was all puffed up and proclaiming that she now owned Mormon Tara. Technically, yes Meri, you aren't renting it...but in reality, where most of us live, we realize we don't own something until we've paid for it. Banks can take things away when there's a loan against it. Dipshits.

The "flight from Vegas" BS is to avoid some sort of balloon payment, IMO. The longer those houses sit on the market, the closer they are getting to having to actually make those 4 big payments.

• Love 17
3 minutes ago, Sasha888 said:

The "flight from Vegas" BS is to avoid some sort of balloon payment, IMO. The longer those houses sit on the market, the closer they are getting to having to actually make those 4 big payments.

Totally 100% believe this to be the truth.

• Love 17

Dear, delusional Christine, keeping it sweet and reciting the polygamy babble about the wives supporting one another.

Where has her support been all these years?  One incident I recall is when they were traveling, Kody insisted on visiting another family that had made some disparaging remarks about them.  Christine protested and the sister wives shied away from her as if she was a leper.  King Kody ruled again.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

What a load of manure!  No "cat fights" indeed.  That's the total premise of the show!

No floor wrestling or hair-pulling cat fights, but more insidious passive-aggressive verbal abuse or cold-shouldering of fambly members, which is actually worse for self-esteem.

• Love 13
On 1/30/2019 at 2:12 PM, Sasha888 said:

I am also believing this. Cody is a smarmy bastid that probably figured out a way to figure out how not to pay the Vegas mortgages for months before the bank would act on it, in the mean time he secured a loan with some $ down from non-mortgage payments to purchase the Flag properties, ( different state delays maybe ? Like DMV ?) He then maybe begged the bank to let them try and sell the homes and then pay back the bank. Granted, Janelle is no Fredric Ecklund and has about as much charm a slug. Now I am totally taking a wild guess this could have been done, but I am not versed well enough to know this could indeed happen or did.   

• Love 11

Nothing that Kootie and the Gang do would surprise me.  They've lived off of the "ebil govt. teat" before, at least in Utah.  They must constantly look for ways to bilk the system, because they're so freaking PERSECUTED!  Sure, Jan.

• Love 9

Robyn house apparently has an offer on it, as it is now off the market as of the 4th.  It makes sense hers sold first as it had BY FAR the better back yard - they put some money into that.  Meanwhile Christine, Janelle, and Meri still wait.....

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

So many unanswered questions re. this move...and we can be sure it will be the new season in 2020 (if it happens) before they are addressed.

I have read elsewhere that Robyn is ensconced in a 7 bedroom mansion, that's fairly understandable considering there probably wasn't a huge selection of rental properties available in Flagstaff within reasonable proximity to each other.  I have not read anything that mentions a rental property for Meri in Flagstaff, so I wonder if they are exercising economic restraint and Meri bunks in at Robyn's nest on the occasions when she is in town for filming.

I also wonder why Christine purchased the home she was renting, it doesn't seem right that the others would have new homes on the lots and not her, so I think this home will be the 5th home Kody mentioned they would have as a guest home for when the older kids came home to visit.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:18 PM, Gothish520 said:

But if it's Meri, why the histrionics over Mariah? Subterfuge? Self-hate, self-denial?

If it's Meri, I think coming out would be a good thing for her. But at the same time, I understand her reticence. The only world she's known would be gone. It would probably be the best thing for her eventually, but there would be bumps. 

ETA: agree with you that it would explain so much of Meri's feelings and behavior. I can't imagine what it must be like to have a struggle like that deep inside you and have to live with such fear.

Also ETA: thinking about it, if true, her initial reaction to Mariah coming out actually makes more sense, because she was being confronted with something that she herself has denied and repressed for so long. 

This would really be scraping the bottom of the barrel in a desperate bid for another story line.

On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 4:07 PM, Kohola3 said:

Gotta love the ethereal glow surrounding the High Prophet Kootie.

Those kids are going to need some heavy duty counseling.

I think that picture looks more like Glenn Beck than Kody. The old GEICO commercial's cave man looks more like Kody.

• LOL 4
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Robyn house apparently has an offer on it, as it is now off the market as of the 4th.  It makes sense hers sold first as it had BY FAR the better back yard - they put some money into that.  Meanwhile Christine, Janelle, and Meri still wait.....

For some reason I also have a feeling Robyn takes better care of her house.  Not sure why I think that but I do.

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Is anyone else watching Pickler & Ben?  They're still trotting out the same old bullshit.

I posted a link to videos from the show in the Meri thread. Her Twitter was the first place I saw it mentioned. Here’s a picture from the show:

227CAC67-3234-43FC-B591-B7D71C6B62D2.jpeg

• LOL 1
23 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I posted a link to videos from the show in the Meri thread. Her Twitter was the first place I saw it mentioned. Here’s a picture from the show:

227CAC67-3234-43FC-B591-B7D71C6B62D2.jpeg

Poor ol' Meri looks like she's put on a few pounds. All that traveling must not be doing her good (sitting, eating).

Conversely, Janelle looks like she may have lost a few.

• Love 3

I wasn't sure where to post this.  I noticed it and had to share.

My On Demand through Spectrum cable has tons of Sister Wives previous years' episodes.  Not too noteworthy in itself, but:  it's showing that they will be On Demand until 12/31/2031.

Will anyone want to watch this 12 years from now?  Somehow, I doubt it...🤣

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2019 at 9:20 AM, Sandy W said:

I also wonder why Christine purchased the home she was renting, it doesn't seem right that the others would have new homes on the lots and not her, so I think this home will be the 5th home Kody mentioned they would have as a guest home for when the older kids came home to visit.

What, exactly, are these bozos doing when it comes to buying, selling and renting houses?  They have four houses in Vegas and perhaps one of them has sold.  So they fluff on over to Flagstaff, where Christine rents a house, possibly meant to be the grandkids' lair (who buys a house for their grandkids?!  I get it, they're eventually going to have 143 grandkids but not for several years down the road).  They also apparently have some sort of magic beanstalk that allowed them to buy lots to build more brand-new houses.  None of the wives needs a house to contain all of their kids anymore, since most have flown the coop.  So they could easily buy one or two large houses and share (I don't care if they don't wanna, boo hoo, we can't share a kitchen 'cause reasons!  Waaaa!) but tough sh!t!  This is the lifestyle they've all married into.  Unless they have a secret vault full of gold, I cannot wrap my brain around how they are able to afford this type of extravagance.  No way is TLC giving them enough to pay mortgages on anywhere from 4 to 9 houses at the same time...so how are they managing on a salary made up of green goo, holey leggings and ugly jool'ry?

Also, do we know if they are building on another plot of land like they had in Vegas, so they can all live across the street rom each other, yet still drive separate cars when they go to therapy and such?  Hopefully Kody will still be able to string lights in between all four houses.  I know I am holding my breath on that one.

Edited by laurakaye
  • LOL 4
  • Love 7

I agree about the finances.  I think that a show about how they make ends meet, rob Peter to pay Paul (figuratively speaking, of course)  etc.  works.  Like who handles the budget?  Can you imagine their grocery bills?  Gas?  Phones? utilities? It must be enormous.  These costs would be huge EVEN without rent or mortgage payments. 

Just saw on Radar that Mariah proposed to her girlfriend.  So, another wedding! lol 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Also, do we know if they are building on another plot of land like they had in Vegas, so they can all live across the street rom each other, yet still drive separate cars when they go to therapy and such?  Hopefully Kody will still be able to string lights in between all four houses.  I know I am holding my breath on that one.

Their 4 plots of land are right next to each other, in a line.  So they won't have a cul-de-sac like they currently do.  And as far as we know, no ground breaking on houses has occurred.  They are all in separate rentals.  Christine bought her rental house for $520,000 and it is a little less than a mile from the plots of land they purchased. 

I think they are crazy to leave Las Vegas - they had the perfect set up with the 4 houses on the cul-de-sac behind the gated entry to the neighborhood.  

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, smarty2020 said:

I think they are crazy to leave Las Vegas - they had the perfect set up with the 4 houses on the cul-de-sac behind the gated entry to the neighborhood. 

My guess (and has been stated by others as well) is that their "interest only" loan cycle ended and they are on the hook for a boatload of money so they need to dump those houses to stay afloat.  What kind of cockamamie deal was made to lend these grifters more money in Flagstaff for another compound is a true mystery.

• Love 8
23 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

My guess (and has been stated by others as well) is that their "interest only" loan cycle ended and they are on the hook for a boatload of money so they need to dump those houses to stay afloat.  What kind of cockamamie deal was made to lend these grifters more money in Flagstaff for another compound is a true mystery.

The only problem I see with the interest only theory is that an interest only mortgage of $446,000 (which is what they borrowed in 2013) costs $1487 a month.  After 5 years it would convert to a principal and interest loan which only adds about $700 a month making the payment $2600.  I can't see uprooting everyone for that?

Maybe, they were strapped too much and had to leave Vegas for financial reasons, but, if that were the case, then, I'd think the wives would have been more okay with it. But, I suspect that Kody may be one of those people who is a malcontent.  They can't stay in one place too long.  They are difficult to please for very long.  I know some people like that who move every few years, because, of some reasons they give that don't make sense.  Some people change jobs that way or cars.  I call them malcontents for lack of a better term.  OR it could be that Kody has some kind of new business venture in the works in the Flagstaff area.  You never know with this group.  

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

OR it could be that Kody has some kind of new business venture in the works in the Flagstaff area.  You never know with this group.  

Maybe he is going to model leggings! 

I still say that Robyn wanted to be near her "little boy" and what Robyn wants, Robyn gets.  Since we will probably never actually know the actual reason why they moved, that one gets my vote.  (Even thought the balloon interest makes more sense.)

• Love 7

Well, if I learned that we all were REALLY moving to be near an adult child in college......I'm trying to think how I might handle it, but, it wouldn't be pretty.  And, it wouldn't happen. Husband or not.   Not unless, I really did want to move to Flagstaff.  And, from what I've seen, it's not that bad. Perhaps, it's a better environment than Vegas.  But, my kids would come first and what is best for them, not me.  

• Love 4
9 hours ago, smarty2020 said:

Their 4 plots of land are right next to each other, in a line.  So they won't have a cul-de-sac like they currently do.  And as far as we know, no ground breaking on houses has occurred.  They are all in separate rentals.  Christine bought her rental house for $520,000 and it is a little less than a mile from the plots of land they purchased. 

To me, Vegas wasn't a great place to live.  Having lived in both Vegas and Flagstaff, I'd choose Flag hands down (if we could afford to buy a home in the vicinity). Mr. Turtle thinks Flag is a snooty "hippie" town, but I don't mind any of that. It's cooler, it has trees, it has hiking you don't need to drive an hour+ to get to. 

Vegas didn't seem to do the family any favors--after a few years there, they all really started to look haggard and heavier. It's a nice place to visit--and we still do some of our shopping there--but living there, driving there every day, no thanks. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
15 hours ago, TurtlePower said:

To me, Vegas wasn't a great place to live.  Having lived in both Vegas and Flagstaff, I'd choose Flag hands down (if we could afford to buy a home in the vicinity). Mr. Turtle thinks Flag is a snooty "hippie" town, but I don't mind any of that. It's cooler, it has trees, it has hiking you don't need to drive an hour+ to get to. 

Vegas didn't seem to do the family any favors--after a few years there, they all really started to look haggard and heavier. It's a nice place to visit--and we still do some of our shopping there--but living there, driving there every day, no thanks. 

I've never been to either town, but Vegas doesn't sound appealing to me in the slightest, even just as a vacation, let alone living there.  Flagstaff sounds much more like my cup of java.

ETA: Although, living anywhere that has a healthy population of scorpions, rattlesnakes, and black widow spiders doesn't sound good to me at all, so staying away from the Southwest and/or deserts is my best bet!

Edited by Gothish520
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
On 1/29/2019 at 4:46 PM, Sandy W said:

Greenville, NC? Wow, they’re going to be in for some serious culture shock. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Greenville, NC? Wow, they’re going to be in for some serious culture shock. 

Oh yeah....I went to college there...long ago...same class as Sandra Bullock!  I didn't care for it, but, maybe it's changed since way back when. lol  IMO, the triangle is better (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill).  But, I suppose you go where your job leads.

• Love 4

Not sure if this fits here, but just wanted to say I really commend Logan and Michelle for largely staying off social media and under the radar. Their relationship stands a much better chance of lasting without all the scrutiny that so many invite.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, Teafortwo said:

Not sure if this fits here, but just wanted to say I really commend Logan and Michelle for largely staying off social media and under the radar. Their relationship stands a much better chance of lasting without all the scrutiny that so many invite.

No kidding!   Like Mariah's need for a huge crowd and cameras in order to propose to her side-kick?

• Love 6
On 2/9/2019 at 5:48 PM, Natalie68 said:

For some reason I also have a feeling Robyn takes better care of her house.  Not sure why I think that but I do.

Ever notice we hardly ever see filming in Robyn's house? I wonder why. 

I remember in the past when we did see her interior it was the least attractive of the four. Kind of messy and not decorated very nicely. I'm surprised it's the first to sell. 

• Love 2

Anyone know if there is any real proof that the the show is in jeopardy?  I know I used to hear that a lot about various shows, but, they always seem to hang around or return, like Duggars and LPBW.   I realize that the cast might do some things to stay relevant, but, I'm not getting how moving to Flagstaff was an attempt to keep the show going.  Maybe, I'm missing something.  They seem to have enough material with the weddings, babies and Meri's shenanigans. lol 

• Love 3