Type keyword(s) to search

Season 10 Spoilers, Speculation and Social Media

• Start Topic

20 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

They might have sold quickly at the correct price.  The homes are not worth almost $700,000.  They are standard large square footage homes with like you said, the cheapest materials to finish the interior.

And Robyn's house is the one that just sold for $619K.  I bet she is glad she (Kody) no longer has the expense of an additional home home to pay for.  

13 minutes ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

And Robyn's house is the one that just sold for $619K. 

Did it sell?  I thought it was off the market but wasn't listed as sold yet.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Their realtor was feeding them a load of BS, too. Telling dummy's Christine and Kody the market is so hot, the houses should sell in 30 days max! Sure, realtor lady, sure. I was amazed at the issues in Christines house which she pointed out herself when the realtor was walking around giving recommendations on staging the house. The chipped falling apart kitchen cabinets and the "loose" sink. Those homes are only 7 years old! Cheap, cheap builder grade finishes in those ugly homes. No wonder they were in awe of the Flagstaff models. 

Oh I have no problem believing that a house full of kids has those issues. It doesn't take long for things to look shoddy and fall apart when there are young kids and teenagers there 24/7. It takes diligence to stay on top of home repairs, and if the damage doesn't limit function, I can see how things get put off.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, deirdra said:

The new builds they were looking at in Flagstaff didn't look much above builder grade.  The wood-looking tile floors and crown moldings are probably extra. Kody was also assuming he could subdivide two lots into four, but is that even possible given the zoning?

I thought they were much nicer though. I could see the difference in the quality, but you're right that the good stuff is surely extra. I also thought they were a much more managable size. The homes in Vegas were always way too big for my taste. I've never been a fan of very high ceilings, long hallways, and sprawling staircases. So much wasted space!

• Love 9
7 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I thought they were much nicer though. I could see the difference in the quality, but you're right that the good stuff is surely extra. I also thought they were a much more managable size. The homes in Vegas were always way too big for my taste. I've never been a fan of very high ceilings, long hallways, and sprawling staircases. So much wasted space!

Yeah, I thought the sizes looked fine.  I was  NOT surprised when Meri sort of turned her nose up and commented on how there wasn't much room.....REALLY?  It might be a large family, but, get real.  I guess when you're a big tv star, your standards are just much higher.  lol 

• LOL 6
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think the Browns are gonna have less than a year before they have to start declaring bankruptcy once the show $ ends.

Its not just about the show ending but all the kids aging out as well.

Years ago my friend who is a tax lawyer showed me how these people have so much money.  Janelle & Christine would have filed as head of household.  Each had 6 dependents.  Janelle was working and would have “paid” Christine money to watch the highest # kids without needing a buisiness license or state supervision.  Most places that is 4.  Christine would “earn” enough $ to become eligible for earned income tax credits.

Janelle meanwhile has lost a ton of her income due to payment for child care. She also now qualifies for earned income tax credits.

Add in 6 dependents each & they both walk away with huge refund checks.  

Married Kody and Meri has Meri who wasn’t working and Mariah as a dependent plus they’d claim mortgage and all other deductions.

Then say your church meets at your home aka Duggars and you’ve got a couple thousand more!  

Add Robyn with 3 kids who wasn’t working and we’ve got a small gold mine of interesting tax exemptions. 

Then start random ass business that will never turn a profit for some more deductions!  They are small business owners now even if they do no business!

Per my friend, that’s how a lot of plig families file taxes (if they do at all) and would give back the $ to the leader of the sect they follow.  

Edited by Soaper410
  • Useful 18
(edited)

What's odd about the Zillow history for the LV houses is that the houses weren't built until 2012, but the properties were sold (to the developer?) for $625,000 each in 2010 with no houses. So it sounds like the land's value was at its peak in ~2010 and has been decreasing ever since - the opposite of Kodoofus' chart.  They thought they lucked out paying only ~$450,000 for each of the McMansions, but they were probably never worth $625,000 to begin with.  I remember the seller was thrilled to sell the 4 pieces of dirt.

Edited by deirdra
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Yeah, I thought the sizes looked fine.  I was  NOT surprised when Meri sort of turned her nose up and commented on how there wasn't much room.....REALLY?  It might be a large family, but, get real.  I guess when you're a big tv star, your standards are just much higher.  lol 

It always makes me laugh.  When the show first came on they were all basically living in a shoe box.  The bedrooms were super tiny.  Even the rentals Robyn lived in were small.  I think they should have tried to find homes like the ones they were in while waiting for their homes to be built.  They looked nice, big enough considering kids were starting to leave for college.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I have a couple of questions:  Which property did they end up buying?  Are they in rentals now?

Coyote Pass. 

Yes. One house has been purchased, the rest renting in Flagstaff. I’m not sure of locations. 

• Love 3

Coyote Pass is the one that “made the angels sing” for Robin and Christine and Meri was unimpressed. 

I'm not sure if it’s the location where the wind made Kody’s hair stand on end or if that was the location that Robin and Christine saw and Meri did not. 

Either way it can be windy there especially in the spring. 

• Love 5
(edited)
23 minutes ago, New2this said:

Coyote Pass is the one that “made the angels sing” for Robin and Christine and Meri was unimpressed. 

I'm not sure if it’s the location where the wind made Kody’s hair stand on end or if that was the location that Robin and Christine saw and Meri did not. 

Either way it can be windy there especially in the spring. 

Did anyone ACTUALLY think they could have bought any other land?  ROBYN wanted that patch of turf, and what Robyn wants  - by golly, it's gonna happen!!!     

I mean... SERIOUSLY people.....  even if you think some of us just "have it in for Robyn" or something... you HAVE to notice how what she wants is what everyone gets?   How her finger is always in every pie!  I'm not saying she's a vindictive or a mean person at all, because I don't believe she treats her sister wives badly.  I just believe she knows what she wants and she's going to get it - and I think all of the wives ( and definitely Kody ) know that.    And come to think of it - Meri gets what she wants quite often, too - except for the billionaire and her husband's affection.  There are some things that stubbornness (or ruthlessness in Robyn's case) can't get you.

Edited by Kyanight
  • LOL 1
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Kyanight said:

Did anyone ACTUALLY think they could have bought any other land?  ROBYN wanted that patch of turf, and what Robyn wants  - by golly, it's gonna happen!!!     

I mean... SERIOUSLY people.....  even if you think some of us just "have it in for Robyn" or something... you HAVE to notice how what she wants is what everyone gets?   How her finger is always in every pie!  I'm not saying she's a vindictive or a mean person at all, because I don't believe she treats her sister wives badly.  I just believe she knows what she wants and she's going to get it - and I think all of the wives ( and definitely Kody ) know that.    And come to think of it - Meri gets what she wants quite often, too - except for the billionaire and her husband's affection.  There are some things that stubbornness (or ruthlessness in Robyn's case) can't get you.

I mean, it's possible that Dayton did get lucky and get into that school in the nick of time after they decided to move to Flagstaff...not! 😛

If Flagstaff was cheaper and as pretty as everyone keeps saying, I could see myself believing that line - but the fact that it's more expensive, is taking them farther away from family and doesn't look like the Shangri-La everyone keeps touting - I just can't buy it.

• Love 10

Defending Flagstaff for a moment. In my opinion, some people find it so beautiful because it is so different from the surrounding areas. Drive 30 minutes south and you’re in the red rocks around Sedona (beautiful but different), drive 30 minutes east or west and you’re in scrub land for a long long time. Phoenix is a desert and only 2-2.5 hours downhill.

It’s surrounded by national forests, yes trees.  It’s also a completely different look from other parts of the country. It’s mainly ponderosa pine trees instead of deciduous trees.

They seem stuck on this trees, trees thing that is being completely overdone and off-putting.

IMO, spring is also Flagstaff’s worst season. It’s the most windy, deciduous trees don’t have leaves yet and little is in bloom so everything looks brown. Oh and it’s not unusual for at least one May snow.  Compared to the bright green Spring in other parts of the country it is drab. Especially last spring where there was almost no moisture over the winter and everything was extra brown.  

• Useful 7
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, MV713 said:

Robyn also apparently is in a 1M$ rental mansion.  She really does get it all... but who knows how much debt is accumulating.

Oddly (to this silly monogamist) they never seem to worry about debt, or such mundane details.  It would drive me nuts to be in the kind of debt they apparently are, or anywhere near that flat-ass broke.

Kootie has spoken out against his spawn getting college loans.  Could the reason be that student loans are not excused, even in case of bankruptcy?  That seems likely to me.

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Sandy W said:

Yes, but...Angels singingk and Robyn and Christine felt "sparkly" there.

Oh, when they redesigned the forum, they forgot an emoji for barfing...lol...because I'd be choosing that one here (along with dilling with fillings and Kootie's hair and Mariah's entitlement and well, Robyn. lol

• LOL 5
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I mean... SERIOUSLY people.....  even if you think some of us just "have it in for Robyn" or something... you HAVE to notice how what she wants is what everyone gets?

I have it in for her, just saying.

5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

I don't believe she treats her sister wives badly.  I just believe she knows what she wants and she's going to get it - and I think all of the wives ( and definitely Kody ) know that.

Manipulation can be even more cruel than straight out meanness.

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, jumper sage said:

I have it in for her, just saying.

Manipulation can be even more cruel than straight out meanness.

I think that Robyn is very protective of Dayton and understandably so. I don't know the details of the school situation, but if the one in Arizona is the only one he could get into, or one of the top ones on his list, then I do get why Robyn would want to be near him. Couple that with both Robyn and Kody wanting out of Vegas (which I believe they have mentioned before), and I could see how Robyn would basically tell Kody this is where we need to be. Or, perhaps even, this is where I'm going, period.

Now, that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do for the rest of the family, but I get why Kody would want to keep them together. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I must be the only person watching this show that doesn't particularly care for Dayton. I get the feeling that Robyn has spoiled him due to his disability, and that he knows that and he also knows how to work her (and others.)  I feel sorry for his sisters. However, that may explain why they're so hungry for any kind of attention.

Still, he's only 18-19, so that's as far as I'll go with my opinion of him, but honestly, give me Logan or Gabe any day.

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Edited for spelling.
  • Love 6
47 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I think that Robyn is very protective of Dayton and understandably so. I don't know the details of the school situation, but if the one in Arizona is the only one he could get into, or one of the top ones on his list, then I do get why Robyn would want to be near him. Couple that with both Robyn and Kody wanting out of Vegas (which I believe they have mentioned before), and I could see how Robyn would basically tell Kody this is where we need to be. Or, perhaps even, this is where I'm going, period.

Now, that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do for the rest of the family, but I get why Kody would want to keep them together. 

I get the mother's love and protective thing, too.   But to move somewhere MORE expensive.... and then when Meri and Kody like an area of land that is cheaper to buy they get the more EXPENSIVE lot because ...well.... Robyn wanted it, yanno.  And then to force the other wives and kids to all uproot and move because of that one child who really isn't a child anymore but a young adult who doesn't need smothering, just a support system?  Nah.  Something could have been worked out to benefit everyone.  Even if Dayton put off college for a year or two until the oldest three graduated from high school.   He could have taken online courses to keep "Sharp" or like I've said before - community college and worked part-time somewhere.  It didn't have to be NOW because Robyn wants it NOW.   Universities don't decline incoming students because they didn't just graduate from high school.

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

I get the mother's love and protective thing, too.   But to move somewhere MORE expensive.... and then when Meri and Kody like an area of land that is cheaper to buy they get the more EXPENSIVE lot because ...well.... Robyn wanted it, yanno.  And then to force the other wives and kids to all uproot and move because of that one child who really isn't a child anymore but a young adult who doesn't need smothering, just a support system?  Nah.  Something could have been worked out to benefit everyone.  Even if Dayton put off college for a year or two until the oldest three graduated from high school.   He could have taken online courses to keep "Sharp" or like I've said before - community college and worked part-time somewhere.  It didn't have to be NOW because Robyn wants it NOW.   Universities don't decline incoming students because they didn't just graduate from high school.

Good points all!

• Love 4
31 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I must be the only person watching this show that doesn't particularly care for Dayton. I get the feeling that Robyn has spoiled him due to his disability, and that he knows that and he also knows how to work her (and others.)  I feel sorry for his sisters. However, that may explain why they're so hungry for any kind of attention.

Still, he's only 18-19, so that's as far as I'll go with my opinion of him, but honestly, give me Logan or Gabe any day.

I like Logan a lot. I've had my fill of Gabe and his angst over moving though.

• Love 1
27 minutes ago, Gothish520 said:

I like Logan a lot. I've had my fill of Gabe and his angst over moving though.

Logan more than the rest of them (kids and adults) always seemed to be liked and loved and respected by everyone.

As the oldest and the only boy for the first 5 kids or so, I think he saw more than the other kids, the emotional toll this marriage took on the original 3 wives. 

I get he’s an adult but it has to be crazy for all 20+ members of his family to move at one time, away from him.  

• Love 6
45 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Agreed.  I'm with Meri on the Cottonwood property, much prettier and close to town.  Maybe there wasn't enough land or issues with drilling for water, sewer concerns, etc.  But Cottonwood was hands down the prettiest.

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Agreed.  I'm with Meri on the Cottonwood property, much prettier and close to town.  Maybe there wasn't enough land or issues with drilling for water, sewer concerns, etc.  But Cottonwood was hands down the prettiest.

Yeah.... to be fair (instead of petty) I DID realize that there are probably (maybe) other reasons for paying more for Robyn's choice.  I just remember her face when Meri and Kody disagreed on the Angel's singing about her choice of land, lol.   And who knows... it might have cheaper in the long run to buy the other property (Robyn's choice) afterall,  when you took other aspects into account.

• Love 3

I have to agree, I think Robyn is the master of manipulation. I can't see a college holding out on a scholarship until what May or June when schools starts in August. I thought the area that Meri and Cody liked was far nicer, but once again, Robyn gets the pick of the pines.  

• Love 9

If Cottonwood is full of cottonwood trees, they may be thankful they settled on pine trees and the drainage ditch when fluff-season starts in Cottonwood. Though the mosquitos by the slough of despond may eat them alive.

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, margol29 said:

Open house again this weekend. One of the homes is now priced below $600,000.

I wish I could spend that on a house, but even if, it wouldn't be any of those.  I like old houses better, 50's and 60's vintage preferred.  I'd love to move somewhere warmer.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Soaper410 said:

Logan … I get he’s an adult but it has to be crazy for all 20+ members of his family to move at one time, away from him.  

He may be relieved.  He played the parent in Janelle's family most of his teen years, a life he didn't choose.  Now he can live his own life unless he chooses to visit the train wreck.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

The thought process of an autistic person is different than you or me.  They don't have it in them to work someone to their advantage.  At least all of the autistic people I know.

• Love 11
7 hours ago, Pickleinthemiddle said:

The thought process of an autistic person is different than you or me.  They don't have it in them to work someone to their advantage.  At least all of the autistic people I know.

I see.  Do you recall if Robyn has stated that Dayton has been professionally diagnosed, and thus knows where he is at on the spectrum?  

Moreover, Dayton (at his level) can understand "nuance" enough to participate in and turn-in college-level work, but not understand nuance enough to know how to manipulate his mother and others to get his way? I'm  not being difficult, but to me there seems to be a disconnect here, and I'm trying to figure it out. 🙂

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

I see.  Do you recall if Robyn has stated that Dayton has been professionally diagnosed, and thus knows where he is at on the spectrum?  

Moreover, Dayton (at his level) can understand "nuance" enough to participate in and turn-in college-level work, but not understand nuance enough to know how to manipulate his mother and others to get his way? I'm  not being difficult, but to me there seems to be a disconnect here, and I'm trying to figure it out. 🙂

Autism is known as a “spectrum” disorder because there is wide variation in the type and severity of symptoms people experience.

• Love 8
(edited)

I keep harping on this but...

4 houses with mortgages due in Vegas...bare minimum of $2000 a month.  Plus taxes, insurance, etc.

Vegas: $10,000 minimum 

Based on what we know, rent/mortgage for Flagstaff property (and I’m way low) is 3K per property a month. 

Flagstaff:$ 12,000 minimum

Property they bought including angels singing was $850,00.  payment  per month even with an amazing down payment would have to but nuts.

Flagstaff property: $3000 minimum.

They are spending at a minimum $25,000 a month on property...

That’s not counting B&B monies and assuming they at least break even at the Lehi house. 

Edited by Soaper410
  • Useful 3
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

Moreover, Dayton (at his level) can understand "nuance" enough to participate in and turn-in college-level work, but not understand nuance enough to know how to manipulate his mother and others to get his way? I'm  not being difficult, but to me there seems to be a disconnect here, and I'm trying to figure it out. 

I agree. Most six-year-old kids, (heck, even four-year olds) cannot easily define or recognize nuance and social cues but are quite adept at manipulation. This comes either from observing the behavior or realizing that it works after successfully trying it a few times. (Realistically, a halo is not automatically issued along with a disability).

• Love 8
53 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

I keep harping on this but...

4 houses with mortgages due in Vegas...bare minimum of $2000 a month.  Plus taxes, insurance, etc.

Vegas: $10,000 minimum 

Based on what we know, rent/mortgage for Flagstaff property (and I’m way low) is 3K per property a month. 

Flagstaff:$ 12,000 minimum

Property they bought including angels singing was $850,00.  payment  per month even with an amazing down payment would have to but nuts.

Flagstaff property: $3000 minimum.

They are spending at a minimum $25,000 a month on property...

That’s not counting B&B monies and assuming they at least break even at the Lehi house. 

Please keep harping, because I don't get it either.  These people are spending as if they are the Z-list Kardashians.  TLC cannot possibly be paying them enough to cover their old homes that haven't sold, their rentals, and building four new homes.  Who spends like this with 12 or so more kids to put through college, not to mention the expensive weddingks coming up?  If we were shown three or four Brown adults driving off to work every day, I might be able to get my head around it.  What banker on earth is going to look at these clowns and hand them yet another loan?

Unless - Fat Tony is their banker!  LOLZ.

• LOL 8
  • Love 13
34 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Please keep harping, because I don't get it either.  These people are spending as if they are the Z-list Kardashians.  TLC cannot possibly be paying them enough to cover their old homes that haven't sold, their rentals, and building four new homes.  Who spends like this with 12 or so more kids to put through college, not to mention the expensive weddingks coming up?  If we were shown three or four Brown adults driving off to work every day, I might be able to get my head around it.  What banker on earth is going to look at these clowns and hand them yet another loan?

Unless - Fat Tony is their banker!  LOLZ.

Damn it Laura, you stole my zing!!  I read "What banker on earth is going to look down" and my fingers were SMOKIN' to type "Tony" and I kept reading... and ...AWWWW!!!   She beat me to it!   We have the same thought process sometimes!!  ha ha ha

• LOL 7
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So.........

074DB194-974B-4148-9502-A3AEEF13E1D7.jpeg

.From the realtor’s Instagram:

thetomlovegroup

@lorihoward2271 1 home 🏡 is in contract and 3 are available for details call us 702-838-5100

I laugh at how they hasthtagged sisterwives like that's going to lure Las Vegans to run out and buy those giant jalopies! There are so many celebrities that live here that are more popular then the Brown Clowns and noone cares about them either! People see Gladys Knight at the grocery store and don't bat an eye. It's the "norm" here.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
Just now, LilWharveyGal said:

#culdeRsac?!?!?!?  And this guy is the professional!?  SMH

HAHA, I was wondering if his finger was hovering over culTdesac and thought better of it.

• LOL 8
  • Love 2