Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/18/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

(edited)
55 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Once again I've sent a mesage to the ABC complaint department.  I know it won't do any good, but I'm begging for her to be reined in and "talked to" before Jon Meacham comes on next Tuesday.  For any of you who love him as I do for his beautiful ability to speak and his laser wit,  please let them know how we feel.  So many of you are  much more articulate than I am in explaining how she is so irritating...

I think the breaking point will be Whoopie. She is protecting Megan for some reason.  Whoopie is always conciliatory towards her. I think Whoopie has a lot of influence behind the scenes. I think that the only person that she cannot mess with is Joy. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

Once again I've sent a mesage to the ABC complaint department.  I know it won't do any good, but I'm begging for her to be reined in and "talked to" before Jon Meacham comes on next Tuesday.  For any of you who love him as I do for his beautiful ability to speak and his laser wit,  please let them know how we feel.  So many of you are  much more articulate than I am in explaining how she is so irritating...

Jon Meecham will be on?  Hes brilliant. My prediction is that MM will come on with a long meandering question dictated by her husband, asking Meecham to defend something from one of his books.  And, of course, completely misrepresentating what he means.  It would be the perfect opportunity for Sunny to accidentally spill her coffee all over Meghan's blue cards.  Oops!

Edited by backformore
  • Love 13
(edited)
22 minutes ago, backformore said:

Jon Meecham will be on?  Hes brilliant. My prediction is that MM will come on with a long meandering question dictated by her husband, asking Meecham to defend something from one of his books.  And, of course, completely misrepresentating what he means.  It would be the perfect opportunity for Sunny to accidentally spill her coffee all over Meghan's blue cards.  Oops!

Laughing about the spilled coffee.  Should be a good show if a muzzle is put on two people.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

FREE MEGHAN!!!!  She wants to live in Montana with her guns and her dogs!  Please let her go!!!

No, let's take her.  Road trip!  I will bring duct tape and snacks, who has a cooler?  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 10

Ana Navarro: Makes reasonable point about Democrats and immigration

Meghan McCain: Brings up Iran deal in discussion about immigration

Ana Navarro: Brings up Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke being shamed for going by different first names 

Meghan McCain: Says "Good Lord" when Joy says Beto would be a good Presidential candidate

Having Meghan speak after Ana is like a record scratch. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan SHUT THE FUCK UP you heartless shrew.  Comparing having to wait two weeks to see these poor scared immigrant children to having to wait to see what Iran was doing with their nuclear program is ridiculous.  Just seriously SHUT THE FUCK UP.  When you can defend the indefensible you argue whataboutism.  I used to think Elisabeth was the most despicable cohost but Meghan you now wear that title.

Didn't someone jump in and say, "The Iran nuclear program is an entirely different issue ...lets stay on the topic?" 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Wings said:

No, let's take her.  Road trip!  I will bring duct tape and snacks, who has a cooler?  

I'd bring the cooler but I'm not sure I have one big enough to stuff Meghan into.  Or, did you mean a cooler for the snacks?  Oops.

• Love 18
22 minutes ago, JakeyJokes said:

Ana Navarro: Makes reasonable point about Democrats and immigration

Meghan McCain: Brings up Iran deal in discussion about immigration

Ana Navarro: Brings up Ted Cruz and Beto O'Rourke being shamed for going by different first names 

Meghan McCain: Says "Good Lord" when Joy says Beto would be a good Presidential candidate

Having Meghan speak after Ana is like a record scratch. 

When you don't have a reasonable point to make, you change the narrative.  Too bad the other hosts didn't try to minimize her gotcha jabs. Oh, well, guess they were all thinking about the weekend. 

Why oh why can't Ana be a permanent host? 

Evangeline Lilly seems sweet. 

• Love 14
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

When you don't have a reasonable point to make, you change the narrative.  Too bad the other hosts didn't try to minimize her gotcha jabs. Oh, well, guess they were all thinking about the weekend. 

Why oh why can't Ana be a permanent host? 

Evangeline Lilly seems sweet. 

I noticed tension on Sunny's part, regarding Megan.  Megan seemed to be oblivious to it.. They must have taped this, after, their contentious row, over immigration, yesterday.

Why are they not live on Fridays? There is too much going on, in the world, to not have Fridays shows live.

Ana is a gem. I do think that the producers are keeping her in rotation, for a reason. Dare I hope that Megan will not be back next season. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
6 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I noticed tension on Sunny's part, regarding Megan.  Megan seemed to be oblivious to it.. They must have taped this, after, their contentious row, over immigration, yesterday.

Why are they not live on Fridays? There is too much going on, in the world, to not have Fridays shows live.

Ana is a gem. I do think that the producers are keeping her in rotation, for a reason. Dare I hope that Megan will not be back next season. 

YES!  Colbert too.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

FREE MEGHAN!!!!  She wants to live in Montana with her guns and her dogs!  Please let her go!!!

That was such a weird thing to say.  Dogs, yeah, people are emotionally connected to their dogs.  But if you move to another state, why would your first thought be "I'm bringing my guns?"

You bring all your stuff, furniture, books, computer, everything.  Why are guns her first thought, as though they bring her comfort?

I picture her in some old fashioned dress, hair in ridiculous braids, standing on the porch of a log cabin, holding a shotgun, and yelling, "git off my property you varmint! Fore I shoot holes in ya!"

I found her theme song:

• Love 16
7 minutes ago, backformore said:
1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

That was such a weird thing to say.  Dogs, yeah, people are emotionally connected to their dogs.  But if you move to another state, why would your first thought be "I'm bringing my guns?"

Does she even have dogs?  I don't think I've ever heard her mention a pet.  

Maybe Montana has very lenient gun laws.  But yeah for Meghan to specifically mention guns tells me she is way too concerned about them.

51 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:
1 hour ago, Wings said:

I'd bring the cooler but I'm not sure I have one big enough to stuff Meghan into.  Or, did you mean a cooler for the snacks?  Oops

I have to go off topic for just minute.  Years ago my late husband told me had a friend who was selling his Cadillac.  Someone asked him if golf clubs could fit in the trunk.  He said all I know is it fits three bodies.

• Love 16
20 minutes ago, backformore said:

You bring all your stuff, furniture, books, computer, everything.  Why are guns her first thought, as though they bring her comfort?

I picture her in some old fashioned dress, hair in ridiculous braids, standing on the porch of a log cabin, holding a shotgun, and yelling, "git off my property you varmint! Fore I shoot holes in ya!"

I found her theme song:

There’s oil in them thar hills!

• Love 6

Jon Meacham should prove to be an interesting, well informed guest on Tues. My guess is MM will be so unable to keep up with his intellect and knowledge of world history, including the US., that she will make a fool of herself. Either that, or she will be wearing some kind of device that her husband will be secretly telling her what to say. I think the stack of blue cards she'll need might just hide her face!!! This show should be quite interesting.

• Love 9
39 minutes ago, backformore said:

I found her theme song:

How were you able to get footage from Mah-gun's weddin'?

That was a bizarre thing for her to say. But for her, not really, I guess.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan SHUT THE FUCK UP you heartless shrew.  Comparing having to wait two weeks to see these poor scared immigrant children to having to wait to see what Iran was doing with their nuclear program is ridiculous.  Just seriously SHUT THE FUCK UP.  When you can't defend the indefensible you argue whataboutism.  I used to think Elisabeth was the most despicable cohost but Meghan you now wear that title.

Laughing at heartless shrew. You are being kind.

I'm loving today's show. Ana, no whoopi, less meghan.

Edited by nokat
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Why?  So the panelists can provide a concise analysis of the day's events?  The taped shows are always so much better.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Why are they not live on Fridays?

I think this started when Rosie was coming on as a panelist.  She preferred to work only four days a week and everyone else got onboard.

• Love 1

When Rosie O'Donnell joined in Season 10, one of the clauses in her contract was a four-day week with the Friday show to be taped during the week (she didn't live in NYC at the time). They kept the schedule after she left

(edited)
53 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

Maybe Asuncion shouldn't throw shade at Ted Cruz about his name. 

She did not do that. Ted changed his name from Rafael to Ted.  Ted Cruz, has been throwing shade, at his Democratic rival, for doing the same.. Ana and Sunny were talking about the hypocrisy of Ted Cruz..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Because it's summer.

5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Why?  So the panelists can provide a concise analysis of the day's events?  The taped shows are always so much better.

concise analysis? What is that you speak of?

1 hour ago, JakeyJokes said:

When Rosie O'Donnell joined in Season 10, one of the clauses in her contract was a four-day week with the Friday show to be taped during the week (she didn't live in NYC at the time). They kept the schedule after she left

Maybe when Rosie was on; but for quite a few years, the shows have been live five days a week. I suspect that Fridays have been recorded because the television season is over. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

She did not do that. Ted changed his name from Rafael to Ted.  Ted Cruz, has been throwing shade, at his Democratic rival, for doing the same.. Ana and Sunny were talking about the hypocrisy of Ted Cruz..

I'm familiar with the shade between Ted  and Beto. I still think that Sunny was being mean-spirited, as opposed to informative, when trying to "out" the fact that Ted isn't really Ted. There was no need to "out" that because it's public knowledge.

15 minutes ago, Blissfool said:

I'm familiar with the shade between Ted  and Beto. I still think that Sunny was being mean-spirited, as opposed to informative, when trying to "out" the fact that Ted isn't really Ted. There was no need to "out" that because it's public knowledge.

Mean?  I think she was laughing at him. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Neither Ted cruz nor Beto O'Rourke changed their names.  Ted Cruz's full name is Rafael Edward.  His dad's first name is also Rafael so to avoid confusion, he goes by Ted which is a nickname for Edward.  Beto O'Rourke's first name is Robert but he goes by Beto, which is a Spanish nickname for Roberto.  Since he's from El Paso, which is majority Hispanic, I'm assuming his parents ran into other Betos and thought it'd be a cute nickname for their son.  It's no different than Bill Clinton using his nickname instead of going by William.  

Why they couldn't have said any of this during the show, I don't know.  

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Neither Ted cruz nor Beto O'Rourke changed their names.  Ted Cruz's full name is Rafael Edward.  His dad's first name is also Rafael so to avoid confusion, he goes by Ted which is a nickname for Edward.  Beto O'Rourke's first name is Robert but he goes by Beto, which is a Spanish nickname for Roberto.  Since he's from El Paso, which is majority Hispanic, I'm assuming his parents ran into other Betos and thought it'd be a cute nickname for their son.  It's no different than Bill Clinton using his nickname instead of going by William.  

Thank you, very important point! 

• Love 1
43 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

So, why is Ted Cruz going on and on about Beto changing his name? 

• Love 6
25 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

The short answer?  He's an ass.  Cruz is claiming that O'Rourke is only going by the name Beto as a way to manipulate Hispanic voters.  From everything I've read though (I'm in Texas, so there's been a lot of articles/interview/new stories about the two recently), O'Rourke has gone by the nickname since childhood and at no point has he tried to misrepresent his race.  It's basically a case of throwing mud and seeing what sticks.  

• Love 15
(edited)
47 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

He's trying to make it seem like an Anglo has recently and suddenly changed his very Anglo first name to a nickname that will resonate with a Latino electorate. He even had a campaign jingle about how a "liberal man" changed his name to Beto.

In response, O'Rourke produced a picture of himself as a toddler wearing a hand-knitted sweater that identified him as "Beto."

Also in response, O'Rourke points out that Cruz has a very Latino first name and chooses to use an Anglo nickname.

Cruz also likes to point out that O'Rourke's family "immigrated to the United States" (three generations ago), while not mentioning he himself was born in Canada and until recently held joint citizenship.

All about defining who is more a "real Texan."

Edited by ChicagoCita
  • Love 14

I noticed that Meh-gun casually mentioned what she would be doing "when she gets fired" while they were talking about small towns v. big cities. Me-thinks this was a Freudian slip for McCain. Perhaps ABC's given her reason to think about what she'll do with herself post-show these past few months....

• Love 9
7 hours ago, ChicagoCita said:

He's trying to make it seem like an Anglo has recently and suddenly changed his very Anglo first name to a nickname that will resonate with a Latino electorate. He even had a campaign jingle about how a "liberal man" changed his name to Beto.

In response, O'Rourke produced a picture of himself as a toddler wearing a hand-knitted sweater that identified him as "Beto."

Also in response, O'Rourke points out that Cruz has a very Latino first name and chooses to use an Anglo nickname.

Cruz also likes to point out that O'Rourke's family "immigrated to the United States" (three generations ago), while not mentioning he himself was born in Canada and until recently held joint citizenship.

All about defining who is more a "real Texan."

<eye roll>  It's all so childish.  

• Love 7
On 6/22/2018 at 10:39 AM, backformore said:

I found her theme song:

From someone who has a dear friend in Montana, I just cant do that to them. Siberia is a much better option LOL She can wave to S.Palin 

• Love 8
On 6/22/2018 at 12:09 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I wonder if it has to do with Meghan?  She was taking off Fridays to go be with her family. Did the producers think we were getting too happy having MM and WG free Friday's?   

• Love 6
2 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Can't have happy viewers, can we?   LOL

You know what i would love to see....?  A new season, no MM, and return of Jed.  Even  if only for one day, not perm.  Thats the least they could do, they did her so wrong.  Have her on, she can say how happy she is with new hubby, and all is good.  No grudges, shes moved on and is happy.  Silently howling laughter on the inside of that blonde bullet she dodged!

• Love 6
On 6/21/2018 at 8:49 AM, Ohboy said:

To be fair, when asked by Meghan if the situations were any different or worse, Sunny responded that they were different, but wouldn't say it was worse. So even if Sunny didn't explicitly say that what's happening at the border with immigration was basically just as bad as murdering a person for being gay, she certainly implied it.

No, she didn't imply that at all.  She said they're different.  Which they are.  That's what she said and that's what she meant.  I thought that was crystal clear.

On 6/21/2018 at 11:33 AM, Bronzedog said:

Dear The View:  we who don't live in NYC don't want to watch campaign stump speeches from candidates running for the governor of NY.  Thanks.  

I have a home in NYC and I was bored to tears.   They gave her far too much time.  (She's also clearly unqualified, IMO, and nothing she said convinced me otherwise.  She misrepresented several facts and assumed people would believe her.  Which is nothing new.  But don't get me started!)   I'm sure most viewers are not that interested in New York politics, just as I'm sure most upstate New Yorkers are not that concerned with NYC issues.  The whole thing was overkill and poorly planned.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:19 PM, Ohboy said:

That may have been her point as you have interpreted it, but when asked directly by Meghan if she thought the two situations were different or if one was worse than the other, she only said that they were different. That strongly implies that she feels that they were equally bad. And that’s fine, if that’s how she feels. But own it and defend it. So it’s not surprising at all that she had to defend herself on Twitter. The same thing happened a few months ago when Sunny said that someone should take Trump out back and kick his butt. 

I don't see how that strongly implies that at all.  It doesn't even mildly imply that.

• Love 9
On 6/22/2018 at 2:29 PM, sugarbaker design said:

The quote you quoted.....I didn't say.  So weird.  

20 hours ago, Tammee said:

You know what i would love to see....?  A new season, no MM, and return of Jed.  Even  if only for one day, not perm.  Thats the least they could do, they did her so wrong.  Have her on, she can say how happy she is with new hubby, and all is good.  No grudges, shes moved on and is happy.  Silently howling laughter on the inside of that blonde bullet she dodged!

I liked Jed.  She made me roll my eyes sometimes, but they all had a good chemistry.  Can’t watch now with the debutant in charge.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:
On 6/21/2018 at 6:49 AM, Ohboy said:

No, she didn't imply that at all.  She said they're different.  Which they are.  That's what she said and that's what she meant.  I thought that was crystal clear.

9 hours ago, DebbieM4 said:

I don't see how that strongly implies that at all.  It doesn't even mildly imply that.

• Love 2