Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/18/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, June 18 
Day of Hot Topics; “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices

Tuesday, June 19 
 Kevin Costner (“Yellowstone”); Jaron Lanier (author, “Ten Arguments for Deleting Your Social Media Accounts Right Now”)

Wednesday, June 20 
Alison Brie (“GLOW”)

Thursday, June 21 
The Political View with Cynthia Nixon

Friday, June 22 
Eric Stonestreet (ABC’s “Modern Family”); Evangeline Lilly (“Ant-Man and The Wasp”) (Guessing another pre-taped show since this episode has two separate guests listed)

• Love 3
(edited)

At the end of the first segment, Joy tried to say that 45 was using the children as hostages to get ....  I was sorry they didn't pick that up in the next segment.

Joy was really good on 100K Pyramid last night.  We're about the same age, but I didn't get half the answers she did & missing "liberal" was so ironic, but she was really great!!!

Edited by Medicine Crow
  • Love 19
(edited)
12 minutes ago, Medicine Crow said:

At the end of the first segment, Joy tried to say that 45 was using the children as hostages to get ....  I was sorry they didn't pick that up in the next segment.

Joy was really good on 100K Pyramid last night.  We're about the same age, but I didn't get half the answers she did & missing "liberal" was so ironic, but she was really great!!!

Yes, Joy was trying to make a great point. Too bad Meghan had to turn to whole conversation at the end to "hysterical" point about the freaking bell. Sarah and her giggling was also annoying me. 

Eta I don't care about the bell but I did like that WG took back. MM really thinks she's running shit.

I pretty much feel like Joy. How can you enjoy anything knowing what those children are going through? I fear the stories that will eventually come out about what happened to some of these poor children. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 15
1 minute ago, Medicine Crow said:

Meggie passed the bell to someone off camera, saying she didn't like it.  Whoopie got it back (via air mail) ... LOL.

Lol, like I said, I don't care about that stupid bell (I know it doesn't seem like it lol) it just annoyed me that she grabbed it and said she hated , so it was to be no more.lol.  Sometimes my frustration with MM is petty but whatever.  I know it would never happen but would have loved  to hear WG say, this bell was hear before you and will be after you're gone. Omg, I'm focusing on the ridiculous  because I'm so frustrated with what going on. Ok I'm done won't mention it again lol. 

• Love 12

Why does Meghan think the bell is used to calm her down?  Isn't it dinged when someone makes a good point?  I guess Meg never made a good enough point.  

That was funny that production tracked down Sunny's valedictorian adversary.   

The whole immigrant children issue is deplorable. Even Meghan cannot find a way to justify or excuse it. 

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Why does Meghan think the bell is used to calm her down?  Isn't it dinged when someone makes a good point?  I guess Meg never made a good enough point.  

That was funny that production tracked down Sunny's valedictorian adversary.   

The whole immigrant children issue is deplorable. Even Meghan cannot find a way to justify or excuse it. 

Meghan may not have been able to justify the immigrant child issue, but during her diatribe, she pulled out ALL of her favorite phrases - "I will just say" (about four or five times), "siren song", "tribal", plus a hastily spoken list of names from her blue cards, were just a few that I picked up on - I tuned out after all that, because she just confuses the issue when she starts speaking that way.  

• Love 19

Meghan it's not just the optics that are bad.  What is happening with immigrant families is bad.  I can't help but wonder if she would care if it we hadn't seen the pics.  I'm cynical enough to believe she only cares because it might hurt her tribe in November.

• Love 21

I was glad the immigration discussion wasn't undermined by Meghan's usual troll-esque diversions, although she did have to interrupt with "Before we start in about how all Republicans are evil," then proceeds to list the names of people who have condemned the separation of children and parents including those who don't or have never held power like Laura Bush and Melania Trump. I feel comforted now! Sunny making a joke out of Meghan agreeing with her was funny though. Not in an "Oh, haha, that Meghan!" way that Meghan seemed to take it, but in a shady "You only agree with the facts when they suit your whims" way.

I hate when they advertise "A full hour of hot topics!!" on a day when I know they have View Your Deal eating up the last 15 minutes of the show.

• Love 21
42 minutes ago, njbchlover said:

Meghan may not have been able to justify the immigrant child issue, but during her diatribe, she pulled out ALL of her favorite phrases - "I will just say" (about four or five times), "siren song", "tribal", plus a hastily spoken list of names from her blue cards, were just a few that I picked up on

Oh gosh, I will say, I was just going to post something like this and here it was!! 

I'm fairly sure she said "I will say" twice in the same sentence before "tribal" but it was all there in seconds.

• Love 11
19 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was glad the immigration discussion wasn't undermined by Meghan's usual troll-esque diversions, although she did have to interrupt with "Before we start in about how all Republicans are evil," then proceeds to list the names of people who have condemned the separation of children and parents including those who don't or have never held power like Laura Bush and Melania Trump. I feel comforted now! Sunny making a joke out of Meghan agreeing with her was funny though. Not in an "Oh, haha, that Meghan!" way that Meghan seemed to take it, but in a shady "You only agree with the facts when they suit your whims" way.

Of course Meghan will focus on the few who are speaking out against this and not the many who aren't.  Typical behavior for her.

• Love 10
35 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan it's not just the optics that are bad.  What is happening with immigrant families is bad.  I can't help but wonder if she would care if it we hadn't seen the pics.  I'm cynical enough to believe she only cares because it might hurt her tribe in November.

Immigrants being separated from their children makes me physically ill. Meanwhile, Meh-gun expresses her concerns the optics will hurt the Republican party. Cold.heartless.bitch!  

• Love 21

I need to contact ABC and tell them that when Meh-gun starts screaming,  I cannot understand a word she says.  Calm down , idiot.  

Another of MM's stock phrases is"Everyone knows that I.....", about several issues.  No, I don't know that about you because you haven't read it off your blue card,  nor do you mention your opinion on significant issues often enough.  You're not anybody influential enough anyway.  Go away. 

• Love 17
4 minutes ago, Tosia said:

Another of MM's stock phrases is"Everyone knows that I.....", about several issues.  No, I don't know that about you because you haven't read it off your blue card,  nor do you mention your opinion on significant issues often enough.  You're not anybody influential enough anyway.  Go away. 

Meghan always talks about "comprehensive immigration policy".  I want to know what she thinks it should be.  I don't want her quoting fellow members of her tribe.  I want to know what she thinks should be done.

• Love 18
45 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

hate when they advertise "A full hour of hot topics!!" on a day when I know they have View Your Deal eating up the last 15 minutes of the show

They probably think View Your Deal is a hot topic.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Yes, she had to list all the republicans who have made statements critical of how the immigrant child crisis is being handled.   What annoyed me most was she started her  rant with something along of the lines of 'so that people don't think that evil republicans are all  for this policy'   As if anyone on the panel had said or even implied that all republicans were for the current policy or that they are evil.  Her language was a dog whistle for her tribe, and reinforces the us vs them mentality that's ruined good political discourse.   

Didn't you mean to say "siren song" there?    ;-)

• Love 4

I just realized "Arizona" is also one of Meghan's stock words.

I never realized how much she said it until someone posted she said it about Kate Spade. She said it again today about the child immigration. Thinking back, I now can remember her throwing it in during her rants.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, After7Only said:

Yes, she had to list all the republicans who have made statements critical of how the immigrant child crisis is being handled.   What annoyed me most was she started her  rant with something along of the lines of 'so that people don't think that evil republicans are all  for this policy'   As if anyone on the panel had said or even implied that all republicans were for the current policy or that they are evil.  Her language was a dog whistle for her tribe, and reinforces the us vs them mentality that's ruined good political discourse.   

She is always on the defensive.  This insults viewers.  She acts put upon that she alone must educate the public and explain the republican party.  The other women have to be at the end of their rope with her if we are.  Oh I would so love to hear their private conversations with each other.  

12 minutes ago, OnTime said:

I just realized "Arizona" is also one of Meghan's stock words.

I never realized how much she said it until someone posted she said it about Kate Spade. She said it again today about the child immigration. Thinking back, I now can remember her throwing it in during her rants.

I live in AZ and register every time she says it.  

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

She was also had a nasty tone and took umbrage that the ladies were saying that the Republicans were craven and cruel. She had a list of people that she named to counter their criticisms.  It only bothers her that her tribe looks bad. I am cynical when it comes to Megan.  She has shown us who she is, she agrees with the zero tolerance policy that is being doled out. 

Yes. She is obsessed with"fixing" her tribe's image.  It is her mission. 

• Love 10
(edited)

With the panelist expressing their opinions and Sunny explaining the legal aspects, Sara has been rendered useless. Her bubbly personality would be a better fit for The Talk, but The View just isn't in her wheelhouse. She occupies a seat with absolutely nothing to contribute. 

ETA:  View your deal seems to be her thing

Edited by Catnip
  • Love 7
4 minutes ago, Catnip said:

With the panelist expressing their opinions and Sunny explaining the legal aspects, Sara has been rendered useless. Her bubbly personality would be a better fit for The Talk, but The View just isn't in her wheelhouse. She occupies a seat with absolutely nothing to contribute. 

I like Sara a lot.  This panel needs her positive spirit.  She doesn't add to very discussion but when she does I like her contribution. 

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Wings said:

I like Sara a lot.  This panel needs her positive spirit.  She doesn't add to very discussion but when she does I like her contribution. 

I should've added I also like Sara A LOT!  Personally, I wish The View would lighten up a bit, but with the addition of MM, almost every topic is politically driven. 

• Love 14
3 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Eta I don't care about the bell but I did like that WG took back. MM really thinks she's running shit.

Me too!  Yes she, MM, think she is running things.

1 minute ago, Catnip said:

I think her opinions are clearly stated and I like that she brings a bit of fun to a sometimes argumentative discussion.

Just now, blondiec0332 said:

Maybe she should try to fix her tribe.  

Good one!

1 hour ago, Catnip said:

Immigrants being separated from their children makes me physically ill. Meanwhile, Meh-gun expresses her concerns the optics will hurt the Republican party. Cold.heartless.bitch!  

She is seemingly cold hearted no?

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I was glad the immigration discussion wasn't undermined by Meghan's usual troll-esque diversions, although she did have to interrupt with "Before we start in about how all Republicans are evil,"

At this point in time, the immigration fiasco sits entirely with the GOP.

2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Why does she start every frickin' frackin' diatribe with "I will say" or "I want to say."  Just say it without preamble.

Because its on the blue cards.  She doesn't have an original thought.

2 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I know they have View Your Deal eating up the last 15 minutes of the show.

I loved it because I missed getting those infinity scarves with the pocket.  I need one so bad and am getting it this time.  I liked the purses.  I want to get my guy one of the cooling hats.

• Love 4
(edited)
3 hours ago, Catnip said:

I should've added I also like Sara A LOT!  Personally, I wish The View would lighten up a bit, but with the addition of MM, almost every topic is politically driven. 

I agree.  They really have to tone down the outrage that is felt by the viewers and that cannot happen with Meghan there.   She is the cause of the stressful vibe. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 9
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Catnip said:

I like Sara too but when they're discussing politics she's usually on the fence and doesn't come out strong for any position in particular. There's nothing wrong with that but I wonder if it's deliberate on her part to stay in good graces with everyone at the table? Who knows, but she's a great addition for the lighter stuff.

And I agree with everyone that Meghan seemed more concerned with the optics than anything else. What was the point in her naming all the Republicans who’ve been vocal about this zero tolerance policy? As if that somehow makes it better? Nobody at the table even said anything that would imply they think “all Republicans are bad,” as Meghan said.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
(edited)
40 minutes ago, Wings said:

I agree. She needs to be more forceful with her opinions.  Megan tends to take all of the time, when she is delivering her talking points.  I have liked it on occasion, when the camera has panned over to Sarah, while Megan is pontificating and she had a WTF look on her face..lol  I would love to be a fly on the wall, whenever Sara, Sunny and Joy go out for drinks...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 13

I just had to turn that turd fest off today. Hey Sonny, stop pouting, your new punched in and then "filled in" face is not adjusting to your current stupid pout mouth. Jesus, what is wrong with her?  She is acting like she is 5.  Enough already, so what, who cares?

• Love 5
(edited)
14 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

I just had to turn that turd fest off today. Hey Sonny, stop pouting, your new punched in and then "filled in" face is not adjusting to your current stupid pout mouth. Jesus, what is wrong with her?  She is acting like she is 5.  Enough already, so what, who cares?

Sunny can be very prissy at times and I can see how a woman like Whoopie can be annoyed. However, I wish that she would be mean to Megan and not Sunny.. At her core, Sunny is a good person. The same cannot be said about Megan..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 20
1 hour ago, Catnip said:

Except for when they talk about sex and Meghan pretends to be embarrassed

• Love 9

I finally got to watch today's show. Good for Sunny. So calm. So logical. So clear.

And fuck Sarah Huckleberry Sanders! Good for that reporter - for telling the truth.

Yes, Meh-gan, *almost* all Republicans are evil. And fuck your 'both sides' bullshit.

Whoopi, stop trying to smear the Democrats in this shit.

Re: the IG's report - I took the emails between the two agents the same way that Joy took it - she was worried and he was being the 'big' man - reassuring her, although I did like Sunny's explanation.

Shut up, Meh-gan. And get your grubby hands off that bell!

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Catnip said:

ETA:  View your deal seems to be her thing

She seemed to contribute more of substance before MM showed up and before her mat leave.

• Love 4

Joy was good on the game show and her response on how they found Sunny's valedictorian so quickly was very funny! She's listed  under valedictorian . 

i used one of those scarves on my vacation and the zipper was so invisible I had to hunt for it.  It came in handy to just put room key and atm card in.    The tassel gives it away that it's a hiding place I would think. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

oh and Miss Opal.....can we all drink every time Whoopie says YOU KNOW....God, we would all be at AA meetings every day at the week. I hate people that say You Know and Like....ouch. Hurts my soul. 

It’s ok.  I’m pretty sure we all lose IQ points when we watch this show.

• Love 6

When Whoopi says that "the guy in the white house"  could stop this separation of families, Meghan goes along with her tribe and says "congress could fix it easily."  yeah, the white house is saying that all they have to do is agree to fund the WALL, and trump will stop the policy.  Which means -  HE CAN STOP IT, he's just choosing not to.  Meghan knows this, but she glosses over it with her "congress could stop it, but before we get too far ahead of ourselves about how evil all republicans are...."  Wait, WHAT?  this is what Meghan does, at least once every show.  she takes, "The president needs to stop this,"  and interprets it as "all republicans are evil,"  and runs with that.   Then she goes to the issue of immigration, and how there are so many "great politicians on both sides," reads off names,   and talks about optics, and tribalism, says "I will say"  about 6 times in a sentence that never ends.  OK, Meghan - but we were talking about the CHILDREN LOCKED UP BEHIND FENCES.  By all means, distract us with quotes from your blue cards. 

The gist of what she was saying - that photos of kids locked up in cages make republicans look bad!   

• Love 23

They sure missed the main point when talking about getting rid of the title of valedictorian. (which, by the way, more and more schools are giving up)   The idea if that ONLY ONE person gets the title, and it fosters some unhealthy competition, because class rank should not hold that much weight.   Since the differences between GPA's at the very top of the rankings are so small - like a 4.9 compared to a 4.89 - then students who are in competition for valedictorian do things like  choose courses based on how that class would affect their GPA.  So you have exceptionally smart kids who are afraid to take a music or art class because anything less than an A means giving up that award.  Which isn't really good for kids, to never step out of their comfort zone because they might not excel.   And, there have been times when it's the parents who become inappropriately invested in the title. 

Schools are using the latin designations of summa cum laude, magna cum laude, etc. to designate excellence, instead of a ranking which pits students against each other.  (sunny carrying the grudge against her rival being an example).

• Love 15

All I got from Meghan's input is that her disagreeing with separation of children from their families is because of the optics it creates for Republicans, not because it is an immoral and potentially traumatizing experience for a child. Despite what the administration and their allies are saying, there has been nothing to confirm that this is in fact a law, and not policy. The law seems specific only to the charges that could be brought forth. 

The few times that Meghan agrees with the other women, she refers to their perspective as being definitively correct...and it's only regarded as correct in Meghan's eyes because she happens to agree with their point of view. Which leaves the unsaid impression that disagreeing with others is definitively wrong because right and wrong apparently lies in the views of Meghan McCain. Also, it was quite annoying hearing her mention 'that's very conservative of you' when talking about being able to get what you've earned. Democrats aren't completely foreign aliens that are designed to be the complete and absolute opposite to that of Conservatives. There can be many opinions and policies that both sides can agree on or find far more similar ground on than others. It only serves to sound divisive when you imply that certain values are exclusive to one particular group. 

I really like Sara but as others have mentioned, she isn't as present in the conversations unless it's something related to LGBTQ issues which she's passionate about. It's a shame though because I find her approach to be rather balanced and well intentioned and it would be nice for her to for some more air time during the political discussions. I guess maybe she's okay with allowing the others to carry the conversation because she doesn't care as much to fight for airtime, but still, the topics are becoming more and more political so hopefully she starts speaking up more. 

• Love 14

Can I address the whole "everyone gets an award" thing.  This is not new.  Go back to the 40s and 50s, probably even prior to that.  Every kid got every award they went out for.  How do I know?  I have had the pleasure of cleaning out dead relatives or my parents who were doing their last big cleaning, if you know what I mean.  My dad used to torment my brother for not lettering in anything while he was in 9th grade.  So in 10th grade he went out for track and was a star pole vaulter.  My dad never went to a meet and never bought him a letterman jacket.  Fast forward about 30 years and I am cleaning out my mom's basement.  I am going through her cedar chest and found my parents letter sweaters with pins.  The letter was for the sport and the pins were for clubs that you only got if you had a letter.  Sounds impressive?  Well guess again.  My mom said to throw them out since neither her (tennis, glee club, cheer squad) nor my dad (football, glee club, cheer squad) ever played in a match or game.  If you went to the first meeting, you were on the team.  So everyone got letters and the sweaters were free.  This is the mid 50s in Detroit and my parents lived in the projects.  It was a way to get the community involved.

Apparently my brother upset my dad for actually running and vaulting in the meets and capturing a title in the league and the conference.  In the 70s you had to actually be top of your team and win against others and qualify.  The same is true, around my county anyways, today.  They don't just hand out awards willy nilly.

I just had to get that off my chest.

• Love 14
7 hours ago, Catnip said:

I started watching again when Sara was off and they had the rotating co-hosts, which I liked so much better. She seems to act too much like a 25 year old and I probably would bash her more, if Meghan wasn't there.

Sara is easy for me to tune out.

• Love 1