Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/18/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

57 minutes ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I'm glad Sunny is making a regular thing out of pointing out that what Meh-gun says she is saying is not what she actually said at all. She needs to make that point every single day Meh-gun is still at this table.

Let me guess: she, the twat of the pursed and twitching lips that looks like she just sucked on the sourest of lemons, either double downed and denied she did any such thing, or threw out a cavalier, insincere, back-handed apology, to make it appear it was Sunny's fault for confusing the poor widdle dear.

• Love 16
(edited)
2 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Let me guess: she, the twat of the pursed and twitching lips that looks like she just sucked on the sourest of lemons, either double downed and denied she did any such thing, or threw out a cavalier, insincere, back-handed apology, to make it appear it was Sunny's fault for confusing the poor widdle dear.

She doubled down. And did the same thing when they were talking about a bipartisan agreement in Congress she accused the other ladies of not supporting (despite them saying no such thing) if Trump refuses to sign the executive order.

Since I'm posting again anyway (sorry, everybody), I just wanted to say something superficial: I loved Sara's dress and Joy had a good hair day today (her outfit complemented her hair well, too). I like Alison Brie. Incidentally, I've been watching Community for the first time this past month (just started season 5). She's a good actress, so I'll end up watching her new show at some point.

Edited by TheGreenKnight
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

You can tell Meghan wants the immigrant children story to go away.  She really is defending the indefensible all the while trying to make it appear she is not.

I think Meghan is having a tough time when her dad speaks out against the administration, but her husband still defends them.   recently her point of view has become less hard-line republican and more muddled, patriotic platitudes.   

• Love 19

Meghan needs to look up the term slippery slope.  Her dismissing the other ladies concerns because the US isn't north Korea shows how she isn't able ,or  unwilling, to look beneath the surface of an issue.  

Also, she said she doesn't focus on Teump but on Nikki Haley...but doesnt Nikki Haley deliver messages set out by Trump?  I mean that is the point of being an ambassador for the UN yes?  To be a vocal representative of the US thus delivering the message sort forth by the US?  

I did like Whoopi using the 'seat at the table' argument meghan used against her ;)

• Love 18
6 minutes ago, backformore said:

I think Meghan is having a tough time when her dad speaks out against the administration, but her husband still defends them.   recently her point of view has become less hard-line republican and more muddled, patriotic platitudes.   

The apple might not fall far from the tree but when someone comes along and picks it up...….

• Love 8

re: Tuesday's show... the Whoopster told us we could catch Kevin Costner's movie "YELLOWSTAR" on blah blah (i went back to make sure i heard it correctly). Sheeesh....

Jaron Lanier struck me as a wild-eyed conspiracy theorist and a total nutcase.  I also thought that most of the panel were responding to him strangely, even though the all-gracious whoopi told him he "had to come back".

• Love 3
19 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan needs to look up the term slippery slope.  Her dismissing the other ladies concerns because the US isn't north Korea shows how she isn't able ,or  unwilling, to look beneath the surface of an issue.  

She also needs to look up gaslighting, as that is what she tries to do to Sunny in particular on a regular basis. 

• Love 21
15 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Jaron Lanier struck me as a wild-eyed conspiracy theorist and a total nutcase.  I also thought that most of the panel were responding to him strangely, even though the all-gracious whoopi told him he "had to come back".

Sometimes genius shows itself in strange ways.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Tunia said:
19 minutes ago, pachebo said:

Sometimes genius shows itself in strange ways.

I read his book last night.  He is exactly right. Society has changed and not for the better since social media took hold.  The quote when a product is given to you for free it simply means you are the product is accurate.

• Love 15
Just now, Haleth said:

Meghan is following in lockstep with the administration's attempt to blame this on the Dems. If the Dems won't vote for Cruz's bill (or any other that includes funding for the wall) then THEY are to blame for the kids in cages. She refused to hear that Trump can void the his policy of pulling kids out of the arms of their parents with a stroke of his pen.  <Sunny's magic powers fingers>. She doesn't want him to go against his promise to the base.  

That is exactly what she is doing. She kept trying to do the gotcha game with her cohosts by repeatedly saying they didn't want a bipartisan bill.

• Love 12

I haven't watched any of the favorite things segments but I will tomorrow.  It will be Whoopi's choices.  I am curious.  I like her style is many instances.   She dresses a lot like Lily Tomlin on Grace and Frankie.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, blondiec0332 said:

The apple might not fall far from the tree but when someone comes along and picks it up...….

Never heard this before, but I love it! Will have to keep my ears open for an opportunity to use this in real life.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nobody is talking about the long-term effects on these kids. I remember seeing a documentary on captive lions and tigers. They had a segment on tiger cubs who were separated from their mothers to be raised by humans. Both the mother and the cubs would cry for each other for days. These tigers  had problems from their  forced separation, even as adults. So, I wonder what will happen to the kids who will never be reunited with their parents. Who will raise them, who will love them. This is so disgusting. I saw a woman who spoke about her grandparents who had survived the holocaust, even, as adults, they still suffered from having been separated from their parents.  

It wasn't long ago that there was a crisis with Romanian orphans, many if whom were adopted by American parents. Raised in deplorable conditions, they had long term medical and psychological problems. Some were diagnosed with reactive Attachment Disorder, sometime resulting in aggression and lifelong problems relating to others.

These kids are being damaged.

• Love 22
(edited)
3 minutes ago, backformore said:

It wasn't long ago that there was a crisis with Romanian orphans, many if whom were adopted by American parents. Raised in deplorable conditions, they had long term medical and psychological problems. Some were diagnosed with reactive Attachment Disorder, sometime resulting in aggression and lifelong problems relating to others.

These kids are being damaged.

I still remember that Diane Sawyer story, where she exposed those awful orphanages in Romania. That was also an unintended consequence, of the government going too far, when they required every woman to have 5 children each... Babies and children need love as they are developing, it is essential to their health.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Nobody is talking about the long-term effects on these kids. I remember seeing a documentary on captive lions and tigers. They had a segment on tiger cubs who were separated from their mothers to be raised by humans. Both the mother and the cubs would cry for each other for days. These tigers  had problems from their  forced separation, even as adults. So, I wonder what will happen to the kids who will never be reunited with their parents. Who will raise them, who will love them. This is so disgusting. I saw a woman who spoke about her grandparents who had survived the holocaust, even, as adults, they still suffered from having been separated from their parents.  

The damage that was done in the first 24 hours would have lasted a lifetime and now, this long?  Those poor kids.  I have shed a lot of tears knowing what they will go through in their lives.  The youngest will suffer the effects much more than the older kids though they will have problems, of course.  

Had they kept siblings together and placed the tiny ones with older children who could have played big sister or brother for them by giving them hugs and sleeping cuddled together, things would be a little more hopeful for their lives.  

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan seems to be angry concerning so much about this horrible thing with the immigrant children.  Except she doesn't seem angry about what is actually  happening to the immigrant children.  She is angry about the optics. She is angry about other countries getting away with human rights violations. She is angry people are expecting Trump to fix this.  But I don't think I have ever heard her once say she is angry children are being ripped away from their parents.

She did not.  She did not seem to care about the damage being done to them that they will carry for their lifetime.  They may buy a gun and hunt down people like you, Meg.  Watch your back.  This damage can create anger and violence. 

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Cyranetta said:

optiThere is something morally abhorrent about shifting an argument about "ripping children  out of their parents' arms is bad" to "ripping children out of their parents' arms is preferable to rape and murder." We shouldn't have to choose, because both are reprehensible (as well as many of the other reprehensible degrees on MM's moral "thermometer". 

And even worse, "ripping children out of their parents' arms is bad optics."

• Love 21
1 hour ago, tvaddict44 said:

Re: Whoopi's garbled reference to kevin Costner's new show.  It's not a movie - it's a mini-series (maybe 10 episodes?) It starts tonight on what used to be your Spike TV network (now called paramount).  8-10:00 tonight ( CST) and I think only 1 hour after tonight.  I think the previews look promising, but I have loved westerns since they gave me Clint Eastwood when I was 14.....

Oh honey, Clint's spaghetti westerns were just the delicious icing on the cake!!!  Before that there was Roy Rogers on T.V. & who can forget the Magnificent Seven!!!  (I've always been & will always be a western fan.)

I've tried to find the channel on my line-up in Calgary on Shaw, but ...

• Love 3

I enjoy an interesting, spirited conversation between people, especially those who have different viewpoints. When MM keeps reading from those blue cards, I think it's clear that she is incapable of talking about any subject without those annoying cards! Ana never uses blue cards, at least I have never seen her do that. If those cards should ever be lost or misplaced before air time...yikes...MM would go bonkers!!!!

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, cecelia45 said:

I enjoy an interesting, spirited conversation between people, especially those who have different viewpoints. When MM keeps reading from those blue cards, I think it's clear that she is incapable of talking about any subject without those annoying cards! Ana never uses blue cards, at least I have never seen her do that. If those cards should ever be lost or misplaced before air time...yikes...MM would go bonkers!!!!

She loves to quote and cite polls to avoid meaningful off the cuff conversation.  I get frustrated that none of the other hosts ever call her on that.   She needs to be pressed to give her personal opinion on the topic at hand. 

This show needs a talking stick.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 14
5 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I still remember that Diane Sawyer story, where she exposed those awful orphanages in Romania. That was also an unintended consequence, of the government going too far, when they required every woman to have 5 children each... Babies and children need love as they are developing, it is essential to their health.

Oh my, I haven't thought about those poor Romanian orphans in years. I wonder what happened to them...was there ever a follow up report on their fate? And now we have a similar situation in our very own country. So sickening and tragic at the same time. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

What concerns me most is the lack of nurturing.  Post WW2, many children died in German orphanages.  They were kept clean and fed, and that was it (as a result of too many orphans and not enough caregivers, rather than a policy forbidding it like the US). They'd experience failure to thrive and eventually die.  It's really frightening because anything could happen in these hidden care centers where the press are forbidden to enter.  Also, this profound neglect created quite a few budding psychopaths in Eastern European orphanages.

• Love 11

What on earth was with Meghan's "American exceptionalism" rubbish? She's trying to do some kind of argument against Sunny by pointing to Sara and saying: "You just described, point blank, a very conservative ideal of American exceptionalism, which I in my whole heart believe with..." Sara's WTF-face was in full gear. She's thinking: "But all I said was I realised how privileged I was to have been born somewhere that wasn't war-torn". I don't know if Meghan knows it but there are many places in the world where people grow up feeling that privilege too, not just the US. Some people may even argue they are better off than in the US even because of the lack of gun violence in their own countries. 

"American exceptionalism" has always seemed to me to be a concept for highly insecure people to wrap themselves in, so suits Meghan to a T!

3 hours ago, merriebreeze said:

What I got from Meghan's word salad about the US withdrawing from the UN Human Rights Council is that we should support Israel at all costs. So many false equivalencies. No bias there, right?

Exactly!

• Love 18
(edited)
3 hours ago, cecelia45 said:

Oh my, I haven't thought about those poor Romanian orphans in years. I wonder what happened to them...was there ever a follow up report on their fate? And now we have a similar situation in our very own country. So sickening and tragic at the same time. 

I don't want to be off topic, so I will answer in the small talk thread as soon as I get a chance.

ETA:  http://forums.previously.tv/topic/2343-small-talk-viewers-like-you/?do=findComment&comment=4431571

Edited by backformore
  • Love 3