Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/18/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

16 hours ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

Meghan needs to look up the term slippery slope.  Her dismissing the other ladies concerns because the US isn't north Korea shows how she isn't able ,or  unwilling, to look beneath the surface of an issue. 

Also, she said she doesn't focus on Teump but on Nikki Haley...but doesnt Nikki Haley deliver messages set out by Trump?  I mean that is the point of being an ambassador for the UN yes?  To be a vocal representative of the US thus delivering the message sort forth by the US? 

I did like Whoopi using the 'seat at the table' argument meghan used against her ;)

Ha, Meghan saying she was on a debating team, while using every fallacy, such as straw man which is her go to technique.  She would have been ousted as soon as she opened her ignorant mouth. She likes to put words in mouths that were never said, so she can knock it down. I really like Sunny saying no, I didn't say that.

• Love 13
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Notice  today that Meghan cannot say "I agree with you"  to any of the "liberal" co-hosts.  She says "I won't disagree with that."  It's a subtle difference.  She seems to be saying "I usually would disagree with everything you say, but I'm not going to disagree with THAT statement."  

WHy can't she just say "you're right"  or "I agree"? 

But her bullshit about how everyone who isn't for a bipartisan bill (which funds the WALL in exchange for releasing the kids)  is saying "screw the kids,"   THAT pissed me off.  Whoopi corrects her, and she says "I give up."  WHoopi is getting really fed up with MM's tribalism.  

I think it's because she feels that nobody ever agrees with her or says things like "You're right" or "I agree" to her. It may be petty, but it is understandable.

21 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

What the hell is wrong with Meghan? Of course being imprisoned/murdered just for being gay, for example, is different from ripping children from the arms of their parents. Nobody is comparing the two; both are despicable and disgusting. I'm so glad Sunny has been making it a habit to point out that she didn't say the things Meghan keeps accusing her of saying - Meghan is putting words in folks' mouths with her selective outrage and inability to actually listen. She's God awful and I can't say it enough.

To be fair, when asked by Meghan if the situations were any different or worse, Sunny responded that they were different, but wouldn't say it was worse. So even if Sunny didn't explicitly say that what's happening at the border with immigration was basically just as bad as murdering a person for being gay, she certainly implied it.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Ohboy said:

To be fair, when asked by Meghan if the situations were any different or worse, Sunny responded that they were different, but wouldn't say it was worse. So even if Sunny didn't explicitly say that what's happening at the border with immigration was basically just as bad as murdering a person for being gay, she certainly implied it.

The topic was immigration. Why was Meghan bringing up gay hate crimes at all? Where did she learn to debate?

• Love 17
11 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

The topic was immigration. Why was Meghan bringing up gay hate crimes at all? Where did she learn to debate?

She didn't.  

• Love 23
9 minutes ago, Wings said:

THIS is the point at which the others should push her to defend her opinion or statement.  They let her get away with the ridiculous.  Nail her to it until she explains or crumbles to the floor, whining "I give up!"  And hold her to that too!  

Her "I give up" yesterday was telling.  To me, I took it as MM takes it upon herself to change everyone's mind into her way of thinking and that proves she's not there for an open discussion to possibly learn something.  

• Love 16
9 hours ago, backformore said:

What bugged me  today was that when Sarah was talking, MM had a pen and was editing her blue cards, underlining, or crossing out.   She expects everyone to listen to her, but she won't even pretend to listen.  Sarah's point, about parents not having options, was lost, because MM answers with "I won't disagree with that,"  and then goes into her "moral relativism" bullshit.  She glosses right over Sara's point, to blame "the left" for who knows what, and then attacks Sunny. 

Sunny had to defend herself on twitter today, as someone took her to task for equating being murdered for being gay with separating families.  Which she didn't do!

This pisses me off. And that right there is why MM puts words in her co hosts mouth. She want to change the narrative. She knows damn well people are looking to jump all over the other women comments and makes sure she twists their words.

3 hours ago, Ohboy said:

No.

3 hours ago, Ohboy said:

I think it's because she feels that nobody ever agrees with her or says things like "You're right" or "I agree" to her. It may be petty, but it is understandable.

Sarah does make a point to say "I agree with your point" then goes on to explain whatever she is talking about.  

• Love 8

Meghan's "valley girl speak"  is turned up to 100 today.  

And then - Sunny asked "had anyone actually ever advocated open borders?"   MM's answer is "yes, the woman on fox news the other day, that my old show absolutely annihilated..."   WHAT? Fox News interviews ONE democrat who wants open borders, therefore  DEMOCRATS want open borders.  

I wonder - did maybe someone talk to Meghan about not interrupting, talking over, and monopolizing the conversation?  Because I noticed a difference today.  I think she was scolded.  (maybe the producers are reading the twitter feed) 

• Love 15
31 minutes ago, backformore said:

And then - Sunny asked "had anyone actually ever advocated open borders?"   MM's answer is "yes, the woman on fox news the other day, that my old show absolutely annihilated..."   WHAT? Fox News interviews ONE democrat who wants open borders, therefore  DEMOCRATS want open borders.  

But according to Meghan, don't you dare lump all Republicans in the heartless basket. After all, Paul Ryan spoke out against the child abductions. 

Regarding the conflation of killing gay people with removing children, Sunny's point was that Nikki Haley cannot complain about human rights violations being ignored in Saudi Arabia and other places when this administration's record on human rights is pretty dismal too.   And quitting the council in righteous indignation is laughable when you are wallowing in the swamp too.

• Love 23
49 minutes ago, backformore said:

I wonder - did maybe someone talk to Meghan about not interrupting, talking over, and monopolizing the conversation?  Because I noticed a difference today.  I think she was scolded.  (maybe the producers are reading the twitter feed) 

Maybe some producer read this forum yesterday.  I've never seen it so PINK!

• Love 4

MM calling Cynthia Nixon, “Ms Nixon”?  And Kevin Costner, “Mr Costner”?  What’s wrong with her?  She’s interviewing them? Or is she going to their homes for a play date with their kids?  

• Love 10

What bugged me  today was that when Sarah was talking, MM had a pen and was editing her blue cards, underlining, or crossing out.   She expects everyone to listen to her, but she won't even pretend to listen.

They need to leave the pens and phones behind.

Just get out there and talk.   How hard can that be?

• Love 5
27 minutes ago, hisbunkie said:

MM calling Cynthia Nixon, “Ms Nixon”?  And Kevin Costner, “Mr Costner”?  What’s wrong with her?  She’s interviewing them? Or is she going to their homes for a play date with their kids?  

Apparently Eddie Haskell was a Republican and she wants to be just like him. 

• Love 22
On 6/20/2018 at 11:01 AM, Wings said:

I haven't watched any of the favorite things segments but I will tomorrow.  It will be Whoopi's choices.  I am curious.  I like her style is many instances.   She dresses a lot like Lily Tomlin on Grace and Frankie.  

Well, that wasn't good at all!  LOL

• Love 1
(edited)

Meghan is a broken record about Trump's base.  Yes we know he ran on immigration reform.  Yes we know this whole thing is red meat for them.  But let's not forget Trump is supposed to be President for all this country's citizens.  Not just his supporters.  Just once I would like for Meghan to acknowledge that all the millions who did not vote for him have an opinion about this situation as well.

Meghan said she is against the catch and release policy.  Ok so does that mean she is in favor of the policy of separating families?

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 20

Meghan said she did not realize that Melania and Ivanka had influence over 45, having said so yesterday.  Oh good god.  They had nothing to do with his mind changing on the child border situation.  She actually bought that!  

She had to tell Nixon that she didn't agree with some things she said.  Since when does she know about local NY politics.  And why did we have to listen to NYC's subway issues? 

• Love 8

Who the hell knows what MM is thinking or means or anything anymore.

I did love the way Sara, Joy and Meghan looked - I love black and white - and Sara knocked it out of the park! She was gorgeous.

MM needs to dial down the snark - I didn't appreciate it.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, backformore said:

Well, I WILL say that (glancing at my note cards)  85% of the time I do not disagree with 74% of what 96% of the posters on this forum write. But polls say that (another note card)  that 69% of people who post here think that 43% of the posts are influenced by the democrats who want to repeal internet based forums and let the  Mexican drug cartels take over the internet. 

Don't yell at me, I'm just reporting what the PTV "base"  thinks.  And just let me say, The person who started this forum is one of my verybestfriendsinthewholeworld, who I would totally have a crush on except my heart belongs to Paul Ryan.  

And backformore wins the internet today.  <golf clap>

I don't care about NY politics either, but Cynthia Nixon surprised me.  Like Sunny I was skeptical of another celeb thinking she could govern, but Cynthia seems to have done her homework.  Or at least she didn't sound like an idiot thinking running a country state would be easy.

• Love 18
(edited)
49 minutes ago, Wings said:

Meghan said she did not realize that Melania and Ivanka had influence over 45, having said so yesterday.  Oh good god.  They had nothing to do with his mind changing on the child border situation.  She actually bought that!  

Meghan might believe that Melania cares about the children separated from their parents.   

I am not so sure. 

(edited because I wanted to stay on topic) 

Edited by backformore
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

They were talking about human rights violations.

(edited)
57 minutes ago, Haleth said:

And backformore wins the internet today.  <golf clap>

I don't care about NY politics either, but Cynthia Nixon surprised me.  Like Sunny I was skeptical of another celeb thinking she could govern, but Cynthia seems to have done her homework.  Or at least she didn't sound like an idiot thinking running a country state would be easy.

I like Cynthia, but, I think that she is aiming too high. How about she runs for mayor of New York.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

Sunny's point was that Nikki Haley cannot complain about human rights violations being ignored in Saudi Arabia and other places when this administration's record on human rights is pretty dismal too.   And quitting the council in righteous indignation is laughable when you are wallowing in the swamp too.

Well said!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, backformore said:

Meghan's "Democrats want open borders" is a trump talking point, who says Democrats want anyone to be allowed in, including terrible drug-running gangs.

It's the same tactic Meghan uses when talking about gun control. Republicans want people to exercise their rights, Democrats want to repeal the second amendment. Democrats want to open the borders to criminals, republicans want Americans to feel secure. Everything is expressed in terms of extremes. Maybe she actually did participate in high school debate, where there is one issue, and teams are either pro or con, no middle ground.

Come to think of it, reading quotes from index cards was a part of high school debate team. You had to have sources to back up your points. But she's doing it wrong, you have to make the point, then back it up. She's just reading quotes, regardless if whether the quote addresses the point she's making.

Maybe that is what is being with the show these days. 4 women are having a discussion, and one is trying to win a debate competition.

This is so true. It’s like when Sunny says that Trump’s administration is anti-immigrant just because they want a secure border and to have people who want to live in America go through a legal process do do so. The Republicans have never said that they don’t want immigrants, they just want people to follow the rules. If people are seeking asylum, there are legal ways of doing so. There is no need to sneak in. Or when people say that Trump called ALL Mexicans rapists. He never made that claim, yet Whoopi and others quote it on a regular basis.  Or when Trump says that there is a war on Christmas if someone says Happy Holidays. Or when people claim that the Republicans have a war on women because they don’t believe in abortion. It’s all extremes and all ridiculous in my opinion.

• Love 1
(edited)

A few weeks ago, the ladies were talking about Cynthia Nixon's run for governor. Joy made a throw-away comment, "Eh, she won't win."

Awkwaaaaard.....

Although,  I know Joy  would say, "who cares?" 

Whoopi forgot to flip her note cards. She asked "Why not mayor?" TWICE!

Edited by Blissfool
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

But according to Meghan, don't you dare lump all Republicans in the heartless basket. After all, Paul Ryan spoke out against the child abductions. 

Regarding the conflation of killing gay people with removing children, Sunny's point was that Nikki Haley cannot complain about human rights violations being ignored in Saudi Arabia and other places when this administration's record on human rights is pretty dismal too.   And quitting the council in righteous indignation is laughable when you are wallowing in the swamp too.

That may have been her point as you have interpreted it, but when asked directly by Meghan if she thought the two situations were different or if one was worse than the other, she only said that they were different. That strongly implies that she feels that they were equally bad. And that’s fine, if that’s how she feels. But own it and defend it. So it’s not surprising at all that she had to defend herself on Twitter. The same thing happened a few months ago when Sunny said that someone should take Trump out back and kick his butt. 

27 minutes ago, Ohboy said:

That may have been her point as you have interpreted it, but when asked directly by Meghan if she thought the two situations were different or if one was worse than the other, she only said that they were different. That strongly implies that she feels that they were equally bad. And that’s fine, if that’s how she feels. But own it and defend it. So it’s not surprising at all that she had to defend herself on Twitter. The same thing happened a few months ago when Sunny said that someone should take Trump out back and kick his butt. 

No it doesn't strongly or otherwise imply they are equally bad. It states they are different and cannot and/or should not be compared.

• Love 23

Meghan's answer to Sunny's question about who is really advocating for open borders is exactly why listening to her perspectives is a waste of my brain cells. She mentioned a singular individual that was interviewed on Fox news. Listen you idiot, you cannot promote the idea of open borders being a leftist initiative if the best you can do is cite one woman that was interviewed on Fox news! If open borders are a real threat under a Democratic leadership, why haven't we seen it happen yet? Why is it the last Democrat that held office has among the highest deportation numbers of any President? The biggest difference between the two sides when it comes to border security seems to be that one side believes that protecting borders doesn't mean doing away with your humanity as well. 

Blu Ivy has unintentionally given some really good moments on TV, lol. 

How do guests like Christopher Plummer get 5 minutes and they gave over 10 minutes to a guest who spoke on issues that were very specific to one city? 

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

From Fox news? Yell and deflect, use every fallacy available.

• Love 15
17 hours ago, backformore said:

Sunny had to defend herself on twitter today, as someone took her to task for equating being murdered for being gay with separating families.  Which she didn't do!

Thankfully Sunny is very well-spoken. Not everyone defines "wrong" according to a moral gradient like Meghan McCain does. Wrong is wrong, not more or less wrong by comparison. Meh-gun's taken her whatabouism usually targeted at the Democratic Party to the international level--separating children from their parents and throwing them into dog cages isn't as bad as NK or Saudi Arabia or Russia or-or-or, so therefore it can't possibly be evil or a human rights abuse! Right and wrong doesn't work that way, but what would Miss Silver Spoon know about suffering of any kind.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Ohboy said:

The highlighted OR is the key part of that sentence.  She either feels they situations were different OR one was worse than the other.  Sunny's response of the situations were different was a complete response to the question.  There are no other inferences to be made. 

2 hours ago, Ohboy said:

This is so true. It’s like when Sunny says that Trump’s administration is anti-immigrant just because they want a secure border and to have people who want to live in America go through a legal process do do so. The Republicans have never said that they don’t want immigrants, they just want people to follow the rules. If people are seeking asylum, there are legal ways of doing so. There is no need to sneak in. Or when people say that Trump called ALL Mexicans rapists. He never made that claim, yet Whoopi and others quote it on a regular basis.  Or when Trump says that there is a war on Christmas if someone says Happy Holidays. Or when people claim that the Republicans have a war on women because they don’t believe in abortion. It’s all extremes and all ridiculous in my opinion.

I'm not sure if the ladies have used those exact words either.  But if Sunny said the Trump administration was anti-immigrant, there's a lot more examples besides the current border/immigration fight.  Trump said he didn't want immigrants from s-hole countries.  He often talks about immigrants in negative terms using words like rapists and animals without context.  No one on the panel has every said he called ALL Mexicans rapists.  But the president has often referred to some Mexican immigrants as rapists and animals,  but never mentions the fact 99% of the illegal immigrants in this country are not rapists, members or gangs, etc, but hardworking TAX PAYING members of our community.   He uses the rapists/animal language to create a fear that is not based in reality.   The administration is even actively trying to cut legal immigration at this point.   None of this sounds very pro-immigrant 

• Love 24
8 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan honey your dad didn't "date" an exotic dancer.    But if you want to call it that Ok.

And Meghan, your dad didn't graduate at the bottom of his class at the Naval Academy because of "dating" an exotic dancer.

I truly can't believe she said that.

• Love 6

I'll be the voice of dissent and say I really liked the Cynthia Nixon segment.  Mario must be rolling over in his grave to have such a sell out for a child.  I haven't been to NYC in a long time, but I remember I absolutely loved the freedom of jumping on the subway and zipping around.   The closest I'd ever seen to it was the "L" in Chicago, and that has such a limited network that you'd still need a cab, and a car to drive to the "L" station. 

The New York subway system withstood 9/11 but is now on the verge of a crisis?   How can that not be the number one problem right now?  I guess they will wait until no one shows up to serve them lunch or chauffer them to their next appointment.   

Sorry for the enthusiasm, but the decaying infrastructure in our country is frightening.

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Ohboy said:

It's a technique. Other Panel members shouldn't have to be always saying, "I didn't say that."

Cynthia was interesting. Would have been better with Ana on the panel. Talking about actual issues, we need more of that.

• Love 15