Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 6/11/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Guess who the first one dipping!  The one that doesn't like to eat.  I didn't see any of the others eating.  ANNNND does Meghan ever look in the mirror.  Go ahead Baby and ramble on and on and o n.  Everything about her irritates me, and that could include Meghan and Whoopie.

• Love 11
(edited)
1 hour ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Just that alone sent Meh-gun in an identity politics-heaving tizzy.

I don't know if you coined "Meh-gun" but that caused me to spit out my coffee. Best nickname ever for her. I will bet she has never done anything but held a gun for a photo shoot and shot skeets. That girl is not out there hunting and skinning animals. She does red-neck theater. I did a little of that shit in high school when I dated a good ole boy hunter for a year. I saw a lot of other girls do it, too. You couldn't swing a dead squirrel without hitting twenty of these gun loving nuts where I come from. Very rural area and there wasn't a lot of choice. It is sort of like that Farmers Only dot com commercial. They show all these so called country girls but they are dressed in red neck formal wear-sparkly stitched jeans with high boots, loads of makeup and drinking beer (not really-it's Zima) from a red solo cup. They pretend to like all that when they are dating. Then when they get married and find themselves doing without because husband spends all his money on sporting equipment, guns, ammo and weekends with the boys (guess what? he never really wanted you to go hunting with him once you got married), they spend their weekends drinking with their girlfriends who are in the same shitty boat-because, well, their shit ass husbands took the good one for another long weekend with the boys. Luckily Meh-gun's wealth will insulate her from what many of her young, female, Republican fan's fate will be in these rural areas.

I didn't watch the show and don't plan to. It is wash, rinse, repeat with these people. I read comments here and can picture it all in my mind. I, of course, still fast forward thru any View Your Deal segments even in my imagination.

Crap! I missed Jon "Hammaconda" Hamm? I may have to catch that. I loved him so much in Mad Men but have not enjoyed him in the roles I have seen him in since. I am sure he is a fine actor, but he will always be Don Draper to me.

Edited by GiveMeSpace
To comment on the Hamm
  • Love 8
15 minutes ago, Coffeewinewater said:

Did Whoopi really say she never eats???

Well now, @Coffeewinewater,  there could be legits that are reasonable ?, like #1- I cant eat on fasting day, but i can blend it down!  Or #2- add various holidays for #1.  Or #3- 'say she never eats....broccoli, carrots or kale.  They just edit that part out lol. ?

• Love 5

Well somebody needs to tell Whoopie's size XXXXXX ass that she never eats, let me tell ya. That gal is HUGE. I have to turn it off or fast forward through her talking with her mouth full.  I'll just fast forward to the Hamm Bone today, thanks gals for the warning.  Burp. ?

• Love 10
15 minutes ago, tvaddict44 said:

Did I understand correctly about Jon Hamm's movie?  This is about grown men who play tag all day and have done so for thirty years? Why is he doing this - he's really a serious subtle actor judging from Mad Men.....  Of course they didn't really let him talk very much, so maybe there was some serious plot going on in the movie.....

Well, in all fairness, it is a really fun game haha.  As a kid you really have to be creative and imaginatjve. Which only to say is i wonder how that will translate from kid game turned adult game.  I mean it really is a no holds barred sitch.  Looks funny as hell to me, while taking me down memory lane.  Does it open friday? Im intriqued now hee. I think some inane wedding of a friend plot, not sure of any others.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, Tammee said:

Well, in all fairness, it is a really fun game haha.  As a kid you really have to be creative and imaginatjve. Which only to say is i wonder how that will translate from kid game turned adult game.  I mean it really is a no holds barred sitch.  Looks funny as hell to me, while taking me down memory lane.  Does it open friday? Im intriqued now hee. I think some inane wedding of a friend plot, not sure of any others.

I have trouble imagining a world where I would be running away from John Hamm! Just fucking tag me already Hamm.

• Love 14

"Hey. HEY! Everyone, I'M TALKING TO YOU! The woman who won the primary in South Carolina on Tuesday was a woman!" (Paraphrasing MM.)

I don't tend to give MM much credit, but damn, that statement is worthy of the Noble Peace No Shit Sherlock Prize. I know y'all point this out a lot, but she is breathtakingly inarticulate. 

Also, in my part of the country, any squawking about the horrors of "identity politics" can generally be ascribed to right-wing, privileged, racists and/or sexist types. That dog whistle is so loud, us humans can hear it. 

May I also ask why any left-leaning/Dem would ever, ever take advice from MM who's constantly telling us progressives what we should and shouldn't do in order to win? I mean, seriously? I'd consult with one of my cats* on politics before I'd ask a fanatical Republican what the party should do. 

*My cats are breathtakingly articulate, as it happens, so...

• Love 19
38 minutes ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

May I also ask why any left-leaning/Dem would ever, ever take advice from MM who's constantly telling us progressives what we should and shouldn't do in order to win? I mean, seriously? I'd consult with one of my cats* on politics before I'd ask a fanatical Republican what the party should do. 

Why would any Republican listen to her?

• Love 7

My shih tzu says that MM is soooooo stupid that he can not deal.  Seriously, my dog has a better vocabulary.  Oh, and when I tell him to be quiet, he shuts up! Dog and Cat lovers unit against the Pig MM. ? 

• Love 7

I so love guacamole. Was so jealous of them stuffing their face.

Good for Sunny for continuing to speak during her turn and completing her points. Good on the crowd and all the other women for ignoring Meghan’s outburst. She was incredibly unreasonable and her presumption was unfounded that Sunny was suggesting that women winning were due to the fact that they were women. Shut the hell up with your stupid identity politics bullshit. You abide by identity politics – you vote politically based on values and policies you identify with, no? Dumbass. It’s not about voting based on gender. It’s recognizing that women have a had a great year in a male dominated area. It’s about celebrating the fact that while there’s still work to be done in equality, we are still fortunate to see women succeed not because they’re women (talking to you Meghan), but because they are seen as intelligent individuals who just happen to be women. It is crazy to vote for someone based on their gender, it’s even crazier that you’ve brought this subject up more than once when at no point has anyone on that panel advocated for voting for anyone based on their gender or skin colour for that matter.

I would take an older Jon Hamm over a young Jon Hamm anyday. There are some men that just seem to get more handsome with age and he's one of them.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I have trouble imagining a world where I would be running away from John Hamm! Just fucking tag me already Hamm.

HaH! Right there with ya!  And a line around the block of women (some men hee) all just waiting for a tag. Fuck the game haha

• Love 10
4 minutes ago, RHJunkie said:

It is crazy to vote for someone based on their gender, it’s even crazier that you’ve brought this subject up more than once when at no point has anyone on that panel advocated for voting for anyone based on their gender or skin colour for that matter.

This is what drives me insane.  When anyone other than a white man wins an election people like Meghan attribute it to the fact they won solely because of their gender or race.  As has been mentioned already for someone who rants against "identity politics" she sure does see to embrace them herself.

• Love 20
3 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

Thank you, Sunny, for bringing up how many women are winning Democratic primaries/positions. Just that alone sent Meh-gun in an identity politics-heaving tizzy. No, she's not an ally to women in any way. And she jumped in to interrupt Sunny while she had just moments before demanded to read off her card uninterrupted. I loved how everyone at the table just ignored her and while the audience was clapping, "DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I JUST SAID???!" We heard you, we just don't care about your tantrums anymore.

OK, that's it.  I am going to watch.  I read here then often skip it.  

• Love 5

Sighs....okay.

I'm going to sit at a table for one for saying that I do..not..like Sunny!  She annoys the feck out of me and I can see why Whoopi shuts her off.  And when Whoopi's not in she can be just as annoying as Meghan with the talking over people.

Now I have to make guac, that's been on my mind all day.

• Love 3

I was living for the other women ignoring Betsy Ross when she was throwing her fit and screeching "did anyone listen to me" just like adults ignoring a toddler throwing a tantrum, I was waiting for her to hold her breath and pull her dress over her head.

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

I was waiting for her to hold her breath and pull her dress over her head.

I'd pay extra for my cable to see that!  Worth every dime dollar.  Inflation.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

No Meghan people aren't voting for these women simply because they are women.  They are voting for them because they like their policies.  It is incredibly sexist of her to imply women are winning because of their gender.

I almost hope Meghan sticks around till the midterms because if there is a blue wave I want to see her lose her shit.

Not trying to be a Meghan supporter by any means, but I think many have misunderstood her point today. She was trying to say for the ladies not to celebrate so much because many of the women who have won in the primaries are very pro-Trump, as is the case with the woman who beat Mark Sanford.  Then Sunny said something like "but she's a woman, so it's the year of the woman." That's when MM said something to the effect of "so we're happy because of her gender?" 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, junebug said:

ANNNND does Meghan ever look in the mirror.

Not when she has stylists backstage and monitors onstage.

As far as Jon Hamm, the actor, is concerned, he's an all-around talent.  If you haven't seen him in comedies, you're missing out.  If you haven't seen him on talk shows, you're missing out.  I think Don Draper will always be my favorite character, but I'm glad to see him in anything--or nothing.   In fact, I just saw him this morning (very briefly) in a great documentary, "Always at the Carlyle."

• Love 8
(edited)
2 hours ago, RHJunkie said:

. Shut the hell up with your stupid identity politics bullshit. You abide by identity politics – you vote politically based on values and policies you identify with, no? Dumbass. It’s not about voting based on gender. It’s recognizing that women have a had a great year in a male dominated area. It’s about celebrating the fact that while there’s still work to be done in equality, we are still fortunate to see women succeed not because they’re women (talking to you Meghan), but because they are seen as intelligent individuals who just happen to be women. It is crazy to vote for someone based on their gender, it’s even crazier that you’ve brought this subject up more than once when at no point has anyone on that panel advocated for voting for anyone based on their gender or skin colour for that matter.

"Identity Politics"  is a term Meghan learned from republicans who want to say, people voted for Obama because he was Black, people voted for Hillary because she was female.   Vote for the republican white man, and you're voting on ISSUES."   She is so full of shit, because "Identity politics"  also goes the other way. 

The dress she had on was not flattering at all.  the print was so tiny, it was a muddled mess of greens.

I like Sunny.  I can't figure out exactly what she has done to her appearance lately, but there is something very unnatural around her mouth when she speaks.  I don't know enough about cosmetic procedures to identify what it is, but something happened to her face which is not flattering. Maybe to erase the lines between her upper lip and nose? It just looks strange.    In general, when people get these cosmetic procedures, they might look good in a photo.  But when talking, there's just something "off" about their expressions.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 15

I think what McCain hates so much about "identity politics" is that it spotlights what she and her "tribe" DON'T support. It makes their hatred of minorities, women, etc. transparent, and they despise that.

7 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

I don't know if you coined "Meh-gun" but that caused me to spit out my coffee. Best nickname ever for her.

No, that wasn't me, but if the tiara fits... I'm not sure who it was who was clever enough to think of it. I know it started one week when she was having another one of her gun-worship rants. Might have been the week she attacked school shooting survivor David Hogg.

6 hours ago, Ms. Anthrope said:

*My cats are breathtakingly articulate, as it happens, so...

That's something I've been wondering ever since she joined the show. She regularly goes on these lectures about what the Democratic Party should be doing, as if anyone on the Left cares about what she has to say about anything--as if she has any knowledge about how to do anything. Why in the world would the Democratic Party care what she thinks they should be doing when all she'd want is for them to abandon everything they stand for and support Trump like she apparently has?

5 hours ago, atlantaloves said:

My shih tzu says that MM is soooooo stupid that he can not deal.  Seriously, my dog has a better vocabulary.  Oh, and when I tell him to be quiet, he shuts up! Dog and Cat lovers unite against the Pig MM. ? 

This is one of the funniest things I've ever read here... Whether you like cats or dogs, Meh-gun's un-likability is one thing that can unite us all, lol.

• Love 7

Before that food had even hit the table this morning, I was irrationally angry at Rachael Ray, heh. Because I knew that the presence of food meant an episode of listening to Whoopi chew, and I wasn't disappointed! Worse, it wasn't only during lead-ins to the topics; whenever I was trying to listen to Sunny speak I could hear crunch... crunch... crunch...

I think when Whoopi says she never eats, she means she doesn't eat regular meals, and can go hours without anything, but I'm sure when she does decide to eat something, it's never the healthy choice.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Jesus.  They are on camera for one hour.  By 11:03, Whoopie can barely talk around the food in her mouth.  Are they all starving?

Mark Sanford is one of Meghan's idols?  Did she just say that?  Good family values, that guy.

My hubby was in the next room and he could hear the show, and he asked me, is she eating while speaking?  I replied, oh yeah.  And didn't they bring out more guac and chips at first and then suddenly only Whoopi had a bowl of chips and guac?

9 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

Let’s see if ABC edits out Meghan childishly screeching over Sunny and repeatedly asking, “did you hear what I just said?!” I’m glad Sunny ignored her and continued on with her point.

Sunny didn’t freakin' say people should vote for women because they’re women; she said it's the year of the women, as a record-number of women are running and winning this year.

This was my favourite part today.  First Elsa immediately started interrupting her and Sunny coolly tells her to wait, and Elsa makes her Valley Girl shrug and face, and then shrieks because no one gives a shit what she said after she repeated it again!

• Love 15
2 hours ago, backformore said:

"Identity Politics"  is a term Meghan learned from republicans who want to say, people voted for Obama because he was Black, people voted for Hillary because she was female.   Vote for the republican white man, and you're voting on ISSUES."   She is so full of shit, because "Identity politics"  also goes the other way. 

The dress she had on was not flattering at all.  the print was so tiny, it was a muddled mess of greens.

I like Sunny.  I can't figure out exactly what she has done to her appearance lately, but there is something very unnatural around her mouth when she speaks.  I don't know enough about cosmetic procedures to identify what it is, but something happened to her face which is not flattering. Maybe to erase the lines between her upper lip and nose? It just looks strange.    In general, when people get these cosmetic procedures, they might look good in a photo.  But when talking, there's just something "off" about their expressions.  

So right on, backformore,  about MM using the term "identity politics" as a pejorative. It's  a way of  diminishing great candidates who are not white or male. It definitely goes both ways as the discussion about candidates who support Drumpf at the beginning of the show proved as well. MM is too dumb to understand .

MM also said that her husband considers Sanford  a role model?  Wait to reach for low hanging fruit.  Any App Trail hiking trips on his planner , Meggie? 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, bannana said:

Sunny coolly tells her to wait, and Elsa makes her Valley Girl shrug and face,

And so much more than that...eyes slicing left and right, and a bit of hate seeping out of her pores.  Girl be pissed!

• Love 14
(edited)

Monday - OMG!  Just caught up with you all.  Did they give him something like 4 minutes?  That was embarrassing.  I was talking about Christopher Plummer.

Tuesday - SHUT THE HELL UP MEGHAN!

Wednesday - I can't, I just can't with MM.  Her outrage about Joy, in her mind, not including GOP women.

Edited by jumper sage
Nice to know who I was talking about
  • Love 4
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

“I always toast to freedom”.  Meghan, you’re always so much fun!

She is so extra with her love for the country. No one loves America like Megan and her ilk.  Go Sunny! Sunny was right in that 45 does not care about human rights violations in our land, so why would he care about those that occur in North Korea.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 19

Who pissed in Meh-gun's Cheerios today?  Geez Girl...give it a rest.

How is she able to walk from room to room in her house with all that saluting the flag going on?

8 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

The longer MM is on this show, the closer we are to opening it with the pledge of allegiance.

Oh my - don't give them any ideas!

• Love 12

I really don't know why MM hates North Korea so much, I think she would love a regime where you could feed people to dogs who don't properly worship the government and all national symbols.....as long her tribe is in control, of course.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t know.  I didn’t hear the rest of the segment because I was out on my deck singing the Star Spangled Banner at the top of my lungs, as all good Americans are wont to do.

What I meant by my post is Meghan only seems to be interested in certain freedoms.  Plenty of freedoms she doesn't give a shit about.  The right to kneel during the national anthem comes to mind.

• Love 15
Just now, blondiec0332 said:

The right to kneel during the national anthem comes to mind.

Oooh, good one!

3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I was looking for pictures of Jon Hamm and this tumblr came up...warning: it’s dedicated to photographic evidence that Jon Hamm eschews underpants LOL

http://jonhammswang.tumblr.com/

Oh, like that would deter anyone from looking!  ha, ha, ha.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

I don’t know.  I didn’t hear the rest of the segment because I was out on my deck singing the Star Spangled Banner at the top of my lungs, as all good Americans are wont to do.

I love you! 

7 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:
3 hours ago, 17wheatthins said:

I was looking for pictures of Jon Hamm and this tumblr came up...warning: it’s dedicated to photographic evidence that Jon Hamm eschews underpants LOL

http://jonhammswang.tumblr.com/

Oh, like that would deter anyone from looking!  ha, ha, ha.

I never watched Mad Men and don't know much about him but I looked!   I know more now.  :>

• Love 10

“CAN I SAY SOMETHING?!?!?!?” *starts endlessly filibustering while reading off her note cards*

Imagine a day where Meghan isn’t allowed to look at her notes. Would she be forced to share her opinions? Or would she start writing her talking points all over her hands? 

• Love 22
23 minutes ago, Jan Levenson said:

“CAN I SAY SOMETHING?!?!?!?” *starts endlessly filibustering while reading off her note cards*

Imagine a day where Meghan isn’t allowed to look at her notes. Would she be forced to share her opinions? Or would she start writing her talking points all over her hands? 

Maybe Sunny could spill a cup of coffee all over Meghan's note cards when they sit down. And apologize, but then do the same thing the next day. And the next.

1 hour ago, Bronzedog said:

“I always toast to freedom”.  Meghan, you’re always so much fun!

She toasts to freedom, but says athletes MUST stand for the anthem, and MUST  go to the white house if asked.  Does she understand what "freedom " means?

• Love 19
18 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan you stupid twit. 

Although you have been asked to explain your positions and seem incapable or unwilling to do that.

She has to check with her hubby to find out what her positions are!  LOL

• Love 17
(edited)
8 hours ago, backformore said:

She toasts to freedom, but says athletes MUST stand for the anthem, and MUST  go to the white house if asked.  Does she understand what "freedom " means?

No and she doesn't see that it is slowly being taken away by her tribe.  If the pictures on her wall could talk, they would say, this is NOT what we had in mind. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 21

Kudos to all the ladies for keeping Meh-gun from controlling the narrative during the immigration discussion. McCain said Trump was implementing the kind of reform he ran on barely a minute after Joy pointed out that he ran on targeting criminals, not separating mothers from their children or blocking people seeking asylum. I loved that the camera panned to Joy's reaction at that lie.

The best moment after the half-hour mark was the audience borderline booing over the idea President Kim Kardashian. We've sunken so far.

• Love 17