Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E04: Demand & Supply

• Start Topic

Sandy comes down hard on the interior leaving Adam to defend himself by blaming the stews' lack of communication. After weeks of back and forth flirting, Hannah puts her feelings on the line with Conrad. Meanwhile, Joao gets tough on Jamie after she accidentally oversleeps. Now that Kasey's seasickness is under control, Hannah turns her focus and frustrations to her third stew's slow-moving pace. And everyone on the crew are barely keeping up to fulfill the requests of the demanding guests.

Airs June 5, 2018.

Hannah was right.  Sandy was pissed she didn't get to take the boat out to show her friends how awesome she was.  And the way Sandy spoke to her crew was disgusting.  If a boss spoke to their staff like that, using the "f" word, HR would be called. 

Poor little Sandy didn't get to drive and show her friends how awesome she was because of the weather,  waaah, waaah, waaah.

• Love 16
(edited)
5 minutes ago, MJS said:

There is no way someone who is truly glatt kosher would allow even kosher food to be cooked in a non-kosher kitchen. 

Thank you for that.  I thought I was just silly.  I know on the QM2 they have a kosher kitchen, which is separate from the non-kosher kitchen.

And I can't stand Joao or Jaoa however he spells his name, he's an ass.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 10
4 minutes ago, ihartcoffee said:

Kissing Hannah must be like licking an ash tray.  

I think Adam smokes as well, but I guess since he's a man it's okay (sarcasm).

Ugh, more high maintenance guests.  BTW, that tequila WAS 1942, which is what they said they wanted.  Fucking high maintenance assholes should all be made to walk the plank because just because you're spending $$$ doesn't mean you get to be an asshole, if you want to be an asshole, stay your asshole home.

• Love 10

Come on, Adam. No shellfish is like Kosher 101! I’m surprised its even on the ship!

Also—wasn’t there a mixup about 1942 on this show before? It was that Original Flavor Below Deck?

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

Come on, Adam. No shellfish is like Kosher 101! I’m surprised its even on the ship!

Also—wasn’t there a mixup about 1942 on this show before? It was that Original Flavor Below Deck?

But then she’s asking for steak and lobster? These folks are too much

• Love 14

Time to go Kasey and take ya-hoo with you. While you’re going, take these horribly obnoxious guests. I can understand keeping kosher and I have the utmost respect for that. What I don’t understand is the three hours between meat or chicken and dairy. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, MJS said:

There is no way someone who is truly glatt kosher would allow even kosher food to be cooked in a non-kosher kitchen. 

Thank you! First thing I said!

Also that Sandy didn’t need to snottily correct Hannah that Kosher means “blessed by a Rabbi”. Because it doesn’t. 

• Love 10
(edited)
3 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I hope they got more than one bottle of the precious tequila.

Joao is horrible.

I work with a woman who keeps kosher and she does wait three hours between meat and dairy, so I've heard that before.

The only reason those people complained about the tequila was because they SAW the bottle.  Had they not seen it, they never would have known.  Assholes.

BTW, Sandy, I believe that kosher has more to do with how the animal is killed and that it's cooked in a separate kitchen.  I'm not Jewish and I know that.  So get off your high horse, Sand and talk to Hannah like she's a human being.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 17
29 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I think Adam smokes as well, but I guess since he's a man it's okay (sarcasm).

Ugh, more high maintenance guests.  BTW, that tequila WAS 1942, which is what they said they wanted.  Fucking high maintenance assholes should all be made to walk the plank because just because you're spending $$$ doesn't mean you get to be an asshole, if you want to be an asshole, stay your asshole home.

I just thought of it when her and the bosun guy kissed,  can't recall his name.  

• Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, pieinmyeye said:

What I don’t understand is the three hours between meat or chicken and dairy. 

It’s the idea of not mixing meat and dairy. It takes longer to digest meat, so you wait before eating dairy. Some people wait 6 hours.

Though you can eat dairy right before meat as long as it’s not mixed. 

Edited by VagueDisclaimer
  • Love 6

Kasey needs to lay off the fake tan and what looks like blonde-in-a-box. Her skin tone and hair are nearly the same color, and it's not a good shade.

I'm shocked at how much I like Hannah so far this season. I mean, she's basically doing what she can to keep Sandy off her back -- I feel like we've seen her on hand for every meal service so far as well as prep for early, mid, and late shifts and I buy that she's pulling 20 hour days, she's keeping her head down and not responding to Sandy and Adam's bullshit, and she's being kinder to her coworkers than in seasons past. I mean, that can all change on a dime and I'll be back to disliking her again, but it makes me sad to see her beating a hasty retreat to cry. And her and the baby bosun are actually kind of cute??? And I never, ever like these showmances.

Adam's back to blaming everyone else for his mediocrity whether it makes sense or not (I'm so sure Hannah's supposed to find a way to "manipulate" the female guests into not taking for-fucking-ever finishing their makeup, as we all do in service positions, making customers conform to their personal chef's preferred timetable). Is it somehow interior's fault that he thinks Chinese chicken salad is a luxury-vacation worthy dish??? It looked like some half-assed Wendy's bullshit. Maybe he's just bad at his job, but it really feels like he worked at an Applebee's for a summer and then applied for this show with a fake-ass resume. Who does any time in food service and doesn't know the basics of kosher, halal, etc? Surely as a private cook knowing the ins and outs of all common dietary restrictions - religious, allergies, vegan/vegetarian, etc - is some pretty basic shit. 

• Love 23

How is Hannah supposed to control when the guests show up for dinner?  It's just rude that they are so far 2 hours late.  I think the chefs usually serve something light when the guests first arrive for lunch because who really wants to go jet skiing or giant sliding when your full of fettuccine Alfredo?

Sandy wants camera time. Has she ever talked to guests with the chef before these last few charters?  She's micromanaging Kate and Adam because she knows they are who cameras are really filming.

The guests this season have been ridiculously over the top.  I think they must of cast them for the show.  Every charter guest has a "role" to play because there's no way they'd get this just drama out of every charter from the guests.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Whopper with Cheese! Because that’s suuuuuuppppeer kosher. 

Bacon whopper with cheese too.

So, let me get this straight. Sandy’s damn toast and omelette should have taken priority over the guests wants? Better yet, Hannah was doing the ordering she got yelled at about when she should have been sleeping. She basically got up early and then gets cut down for it. Had she not gotten up, would sandy still have blamed her?

Jao or what ever his name is is just a dick. That can’t be said enough.

• Love 12

If I was paying a ton of $$$ for a super yacht you better believe I expect gourmet level meals, not a mediocre salad. It isn't out of line for their food preferences to be met even if that is multiple requests. I don't think expecting a shot to be chilled was a crazy request either. I don't think it is out of line to expect 5 star service, the tip is typically 20k or more so you get what you pay for or should. Not that these guests aren't arses but who else is going to go on reality TV?

• Love 4

Is there any point to having a "lead deckhand" separate from the bosun in a deck department that consists of 4 people, apart from the potentially filmable drama that it might cause?  (Also - I actually typed 3 people at first, because I forgot about ferry-boat guy.  Who I still can't name).  

Adam is totally misrepresenting what happened at breakfast. Sandy’s order came in later than the other food because she ordered it later. It seemed clear from the discussion that he knew Sandy was at the table because he knew she wanted porridge because Jen ordered it but even if she wasn’t how does that have any bearing. on how long it took.  Also the toast wasn’t just sitting there because Brooke came in just after he finished buttering it to remind him that she wanted it dry and than waited while he remade it.

• Love 12

I wonder if these are going to be the guests that Hannah and Adam referred to as the worst guests of this season on WWHL last week?

Casey has seasickness and chooses to eat her bread while watching the waves from the deck?  I really hope we do not have to endure any more scenes of her vomiting.

• Love 6
(edited)

Does Adam make chinese chicken salad for every charter? He really does have no creativity or imagination. 

More insufferable guests. This show is giving the human race a bad name. 

How come the dark haired deck hand dude is getting hardly any screen time? He seems like a real decent, sweet guy. Never mind, I just answered my own question. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 19
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Chloecat said:

It isn't out of line for their food preferences to be met even if that is multiple requests. I don't think expecting a shot to be chilled was a crazy request either.

I agree,  Also, there is not "more than one type of 1942."   Every Don Julio bottle has "1942" on the label to honor the founding of the company.  "Don Julio 1942" is a separate, special limited edition tequila.  I don't think that, given how much most guests drink and how much they're paying, some basic knowledge of high end liquors is unreasonable, especially if they specifically list it on their preference sheet.  A long time ago, I tended bar at a place that was nice, but not super high-end or fancy - not nearly as much as a superyacht would be.  Everyone I worked with knew the difference.  

Edited by didhugh
  • Love 14
3 hours ago, ihartcoffee said:

Kissing Hannah must be like licking an ash tray.  

I grew up with that crap! It was no fun! People were allowed to smoke anywhere; on elevators, in hospitals, and of course on air planes! These days in this country Hannah would be shunned in some quarters, but that's the Med; a lot of them seem to smoke! This episode was so hard to watch; from the smoking to the incompetence of the staff working in slow motion! The a-hole guests are another reason to turn away appalled at how some people can be so self-involved! The guests figure any whim should be taken care of! I wonder if the cameras allowed it, did Hannah have to personally wipe the arses of these b!tches? That thing with these idiots primping for 2+ hours while the food wasted was the last straw! I was done! They'll be the 1st to complain if things aren't perfect, but these animals go out of their way to make it so hard! I just couldn't imagine being that difficult no matter how much money promised to make it ok to be used and abused! SICK! ;-(

• Love 3
3 hours ago, annewithaneee said:

Kasey needs to lay off the fake tan and what looks like blonde-in-a-box. Her skin tone and hair are nearly the same color, and it's not a good shade.

I'm shocked at how much I like Hannah so far this season. I mean, she's basically doing what she can to keep Sandy off her back -- I feel like we've seen her on hand for every meal service so far as well as prep for early, mid, and late shifts and I buy that she's pulling 20 hour days, she's keeping her head down and not responding to Sandy and Adam's bullshit, and she's being kinder to her coworkers than in seasons past. I mean, that can all change on a dime and I'll be back to disliking her again, but it makes me sad to see her beating a hasty retreat to cry. And her and the baby bosun are actually kind of cute??? And I never, ever like these showmances.

Adam's back to blaming everyone else for his mediocrity whether it makes sense or not (I'm so sure Hannah's supposed to find a way to "manipulate" the female guests into not taking for-fucking-ever finishing their makeup, as we all do in service positions, making customers conform to their personal chef's preferred timetable). Is it somehow interior's fault that he thinks Chinese chicken salad is a luxury-vacation worthy dish??? It looked like some half-assed Wendy's bullshit. Maybe he's just bad at his job, but it really feels like he worked at an Applebee's for a summer and then applied for this show with a fake-ass resume. Who does any time in food service and doesn't know the basics of kosher, halal, etc? Surely as a private cook knowing the ins and outs of all common dietary restrictions - religious, allergies, vegan/vegetarian, etc - is some pretty basic shit. 

Bite your tongue! Wendy's had the best fare of all the fast food places back when I could get away with imbibing! The Chili was the best, the burgers sublime, the salads quite satisfying, and the desserts a real topper! I have one a mile away, but I'm afraid if I even went in once, the snowball affect would be devastating to my waistline! At my age it's getting harder and harder to drop the #'s! ;-)

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Why doesn't Sandy just navigate the boat ?  She's always hovering around.  I liked the other Captain better.

I think Andy gave Sandy carte blanche to be a helicopter captain! He blew her head up at the reunion and has featured her in the commercials for the show! She thinks more than likely "the show needs me to be in charge even if I have to act like a jerk!" She's not been likeable this season so far so her fandom may be getting a rude awakening! "Sandy; it's not a good look! You're being an a-hole!" ;-)

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, didhugh said:

I agree,  Also, there is not "more than one type of 1942."   Every Don Julio bottle has "1942" on the label to honor the founding of the company.  "Don Julio 1942" is a separate, special limited edition tequila.  I don't think that, given how much most guests drink and how much they're paying, some basic knowledge of high end liquors is unreasonable, especially if they specifically list it on their preference sheet.  A long time ago, I tended bar at a place that was nice, but not super high-end or fancy - not nearly as much as a superyacht would be.  Everyone I worked with knew the difference.  

This crew is a bit incompetent! You have some that haven't a clue like "Miss Sea Sick" who's working in slow motion and an ego-maniac deckhand that figures how everything should be done even though he isn't in charge! The captain isn't helping the situation with an attitude of "I'm gonna star this season and have a tighter ship!" The thing is, the crew isn't experienced enough and Sandy isn't backing them with these unruly guests! I'm not sure what she can do, but she needs to stop coming down on the them when the guests, including her "piggy" friends that were so demanding are making it difficult! ;-)

Edited by Fiero425
(edited)

Sandy is a pain in the butt. Hannah is doing her job but Miss Princess Barfs a lot is moving at a snails pace. They really needed another person to help out with this high maintenance group.

I smell trouble for Brooke. Adam is not the guy for her. She’s rebounding hard, first Joao, and then flirting with the guy that can’t rap. Anyway, back to Adam...Ewww, he always looks greasy and smelly. I was grossed out when they showed him wiping his face with his hand and then proceeded to cook. Adam is very weak as a chef. I miss Ben, because  Ben, in my opinion is an example of a high end chef. He use to pull out  real showstoppers, and seemed very passionate about his job.

I was surprised Hannah didn’t hit back at Adam when he made the snarky remark at the sushi restaurant. Something like, “if only the food served on the yacht was  as excellent as this is!”  *sickly sweet smile*

I know nothing about kosher food but can anyone tell me how they’d know if the meat isn’t kosher? It looked like regular meat. I do know that shellfish isn’t allowed so no surf with the turf. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 6
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Barbara Please said:

know nothing about kosher food but can anyone tell me how they’d know if the meat isn’t kosher? It looked like regular meat. I do know that shellfish isn’t allowed so no surf with the turf. 

Only one of the guests, Honey kept kosher, she was not the one who requested surf and turf and was going to be having bass as her entree.

Kosher meat is slaughtered and butchered in a certain manner that includes a rabbis blessing and than when packaged is marked with a certification. The guests could have easily asked to see the packaging.

Kosher doesn’t need to be an expensive and he was purposely making it difficult for himself because vegan dishes are kosher so why they are extremely annoying he could have been much more efficient at menu planning.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 4

I want to punch Zimbabwe boy in the face, but then he'd have more scars to brag about to dimwits like Kasey. Who, speaking of, is boring to have on TV. I can't deal with her bitching about nausea for the rest of the season while she scrubs dishes slower than molasses. I still can't figure out if her hair is what is too orange or her skin. Or both. Either way, it is terribly awkward to look at. 

I thought I was a picky eater until I started watching this show. All I would complain about is anything with mushrooms or olives or anything that has eyes and still looks alive.

• Love 8

Yeah, Chinese chicken salad is not high end.  If I can get it in Vicki Gunvalson's kitchen, it ain't fancy.

I want to like Sandy.  Last season, I thought her micromanaging was a bit annoying, but a quirk, because she didn't know the crew all that well.  Plus she seemed like a good mentor to the exterior, letting them take the boat off the deck and teaching them things about sailing the ship.  But this season, y'all are right: she's coming off camera time hungry and her micromanaging isn't so much to keep Adam & Hannah in line and avoid problems of the past, but like she's looking for a "gotcha!" moment to have the draaammmaaaa.  It is very disappointing.

Anyone watch the trainwreck that is 90 Day Fiance?  Blonde sea sick stew reminds me so much of Nicole, the FL gal with the child and "boyfriend" in Morocco, in affect and demeanor.  They even kinda look alike, if Nicole had slimmed down.  They are both super entitled and allergic to moving faster than slow motion.  (I'm hoping that it's the motion sickness pills for 3rd stew, but we really have no baseline to compare.  And the mangling of laundry seems like a knowledge gap, not drug induced).

• Love 6

I’m very disappointed that they have turned this show into this dreck by casting it for looks & quirks. Very few of the crew have any actual experience in the yachting industry so their level of competence is low. I used to watch and marvel (as one who will never afford such lucury) at the party atmosphere; high end experience that seemed guaranteed on these trips. The guests seemed to appreciate the effort that went in to it for the most part. These guests appear to have been primed to be nasty& entitled.

• Love 6
(edited)
6 hours ago, Fiero425 said:

Bite your tongue! Wendy's had the best fare of all the fast food places back when I could get away with imbibing! The Chili was the best, the burgers sublime, the salads quite satisfying, and the desserts a real topper! I have one a mile away, but I'm afraid if I even went in once, the snowball affect would be devastating to my waistline! At my age it's getting harder and harder to drop the #'s! ;-)

Wendy’s Spicy chicken sandwich is my absolute go to when I need a quick bite.   So delicious!

I have no problem with the guests making multiple requests with regards to the food & drink, but common courtesy should dictate that when you know there is but one chef, arriving for dinner two hours late, is going to affect the quality of the food.

I think Conrad is a total cutie and seems fairly mature.  He screwed up on the tender for sure, but he seems to know what he’s doing.  He’s much more qualified than Nico or that asshole that was the bosun in the first season.   I don’t miss Bobby, but I don’t think Conrad would’ve been a fan either.  

Joao sucks.   There is no way I wouldn’t have let him have it had I been the deckhand he tried to ream.  

My problem with Sandy is that she wants to be on camera too much.  Captain Lee really lets Kate run her show and stays out of the way.   He stepped in with the chef last season, but he was in a way a lot more encouraging than Sandy....which I know Sandy tries to pride herself on.

Edited by AttackTurtle
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Diane Mars said:

Regarding Joao, I'm feeling a bad vibe... How can I explain it in a not offensive way for anyone.... I can't find a better way to explain it, so here it is : Zimbabwe was/is a country with Apartheid, like South Africa... And, unfortunaltey, also were the "values" attached to it. And I think that Joao / his family and/or friends haven't received the memo regarding the fact that white blond male guys were NOT better than black people or female human beings... For me, it explains his total lack of respect regarding any women -rewatch the scenes where they're all out in an bar, look at how he ALWAYS finds a way to touch his female co-workers... Brooke's boob, Kassey's ass, etc....  And his way of talking to Jamie - a NON WHITE WOMAN- was so patronizing, condescendant, etc....

I really hope once again that I didn't offend anyone, because it was really not my intent, but that's was my guts are feeling....

I agree. I feel as if he sees women as objects or something you can play with. I"m not sure if his issues with Jamie are because she's a woman or because she's not white but I can guarantee if the ferry guy has overslept by 15 minutes he wouldn't have said anything to him. 

• Love 9
6 hours ago, biakbiak said:

Kosher doesn’t need to be an expensive and he was purposely making it difficult for himself because vegan dishes are kosher so why they are extremely annoying he could have been much more efficient at menu planning.

When he was making the first lunch pasta, I thought he'd scoop some out before adding the shrimp so that there would be a vegan/kosher platter and then add shrimp to the rest for the rest of the guests.  But, uh, nope.  He then remade the same thing without shrimp for the vegan guest and something else entirely for the kosher one.  He really doesn't think first.

• Love 8

I really hope the next set of charter guests aren't as gawd awful as the first and third sets of peeps we've seen so far. Sandy's "friends' weren't bad overall - but their charter was dull and Sandy was insufferable. I want to see some wealthy, used to luxury folks board the ship but not be ridiculous. Also - why after all these seasons of Below Deck and Below Deck Med is Ben the only chef that seems fit to be on a luxury boat? Ben had his quirks but I miss him. I know he primarily filmed with the original show but he did appear on Med, so... yeah. It didn't take Adam long to drop the "he's not so bad" facade and return to his douche canoe personality. Hopefully he reverts back. And maybe cooks up something impressive. I'm not holding my breath tho.

Also, I still prefer BD Cap'n Lee. He didn't micromanage and he sure as heck wouldn't be calling out his staff in front of guests, whether the guests were friends of his or not. He's professional. Unlike Sandy. I want to like Sandy but I'm having a hard time doing so. She's riding Hannah way too hard this season, it's not fun to watch.

Upside - Hannah liked my tweet last night and responded with an amusing gif. That was probably the highlight of my viewing of last night's episode. LMAO... I don't blame Hannah if she doesn't return after this season unless they have a shakeup with the crew and captain. I get that they have to have an inept stew to create drama but Casey is AWFUL. Ok - all the inept ones were awful from both versions of the show. Who am I kidding. At least in the earlier days, even if there was a weak link, they worked. 

• Love 6
1 minute ago, TexasGal said:

When he was making the first lunch pasta, I thought he'd scoop some out before adding the shrimp so that there would be a vegan/kosher platter and then add shrimp to the rest for the rest of the guests.  But, uh, nope.  He then remade the same thing without shrimp for the vegan guest and something else entirely for the kosher one.  He really doesn't think first.

Without understanding the underlying rules of kosher preparation, I would expect most chefs to be clueless about the efficient way of accommodating multiple kosher and non-kosher requests at the same meal. Although Adam claimed to have had experience in this area before, I am highly skeptical that he understood what he was doing. When someone asks for Glatt Kosher(higher standard of purity) as opposed to simply Kosher , one would expect a greater amount of research by the chef to prepare him for meal accommodation.

• Love 2

Adam clearly only said Kosher when speaking with the supplier.  He never said Glatt Kosher, which was specified on the preference sheet.  But then, unless the yacht also has separate dishes and utensils for meat and dairy I honestly think it's a little hypocritical if she expects everything she eats to be completely "kosher" (pun intended).

• Love 6