Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 5/28/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday, May 28 (OAD: 4/18/18) 
"The Political View" with former FBI director James Comey, author of "A Higher Loyalty."

Tuesday, May 29
"The Political View" with Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), author of "This Fight is Our Fight"; "Love Connection" host Andy Cohen; "View Your Deal" with hot items at affordable prices.

Wednesday, May 30
"Day of Hot Topics."

Thursday, May 31
André Leon Talley discusses "The Gospel According to André"; Whoopi gives the audience tickets to Broadway's "Frozen" and takes them to St. James Theatre for a sneak peek with the premiere of "Let It Go" performed by Caissie Levy.

Friday, June 1 
Becca Kufrin from "The Bachelorette."

• Love 3

Dear Joy, Sara, Sunny and Whoopi,

Meggie is troll, much like those who haunt SM.  They are people who get satisfaction from  irritating others.  They instigate to get a reaction.  When they go too far on a message board, for example, they are banned.  Ignore her.  ABC will eventually ban her just like an internet troll. 

1 minute ago, atlantaloves said:

Are these repeats?

I am not sure.  How could they have a day of hot topics rerun?   Seems odd.  Today is, of course. 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Are these repeats?

Today's episode was because of the holiday. The rest are supposed to be new. If it's a rerun the original air date is usually included where I get the guest lineup from.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, atlantaloves said:

Are these repeats?

Just today's. They always include the original air date for episodes that are repeats. Only today's episode has that in the schedule so everything else looks to be new episodes.

• Love 1

Did anyone else have their picture cut out twice during the Warren interview?  I assume it was a problem with our local cable and not an ABC issue. It bugged because that was the only part of the show I was interested in.

5 minutes ago, Haleth said:

Did anyone else have their picture cut out twice during the Warren interview?  I assume it was a problem with our local cable and not an ABC issue. It bugged because that was the only part of the show I was interested in.

Not here.

For Thursday, I wonder if they are giving away Frozen tickets again, or maybe we will just see the field trip from a couple weeks ago.

54 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Nothing embarrasses Luann and she totally hijacked Andy's interview.

Was Luann on today too?

• Love 2

Mod Reminder: The only things to be discussed in the weekly episode threads are topics that are discussed on the show. No personal politics, no using something as a segue to talk about something not on the show, and no sniping at your fellow posters. 

If you see a post that is off-topic, report it. If you see a poster whose opinions you disagree with, but they aren't against the rules, then use the ignore feature.

Going forward, any off-topic posts will be removed without warning. 

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

For Thursday, I wonder if they are giving away Frozen tickets again, or maybe we will just see the field trip from a couple weeks ago.

Was Luann on today too?

Luann came on to sing Happy Birthday to Andy in her most embarrassing Marilyn Monroe voice and then basically took over the interview. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, Bronzedog said:

Luann came on to sing Happy Birthday to Andy in her most embarrassing Marilyn Monroe voice and then basically took over the interview. 

I wish you could see the disdain in my face now as I read your response.  

• Love 7
(edited)
33 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan's new word, permeates.

And also succintly, which was used incorrectly.

I had a BIG ASS GRIN on my face as Senator Warren shut down Meghan each.and.every.single time Meghan tried to pin her on Impeachment and past administrations' failure regarding immigration reform. I CHEERED when she finally told Meghan "I'm not there yet," about impeachment.

Big Whoop that Meghan wasn't screeching; because all were in agreement about the tone-deafness toward fallen soldiers.

49 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Meghan, you idiot, Memorial Day was MONDAY, not Sunday as you stated three times in the first five minutes of the show. 

Now shut up and buy a calendar. 

And again, no one corrected her.

And wow. Whoopi let Sunny say something in response to Meghan complaining about the current administration's failure to see the optics or the politics of being a politician.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 20

I loved that the panel put MM in her place about Ivanka's tweet, and Warren and Cohen each putting MM back in her place as well!

It seems like MM will agree but somehow tries to deflect at the same time. Muddy the water, if you will.

• Love 16
(edited)

LuAnne was *hilarious* - gorgeous!

I don't mind Andy Cohen. 

It was great to see Senator Warren, although I wondered what MM was thinking about when the Senator talked about her parents - her father, a janitor, her mother, working at Sears. I thought of my own mother, a cleaning lady for twenty years, back-breaking work.

MM spewed her bullshit as usual - dismissing Joy's point about Memorial Day and saying that "her" opinion of what the day meant was the important one. And she spoke so quickly, almost as if she was afraid of being cut off - something she does to the other women. A lot.

Edited by fishsanwitt
To clarify.
  • Love 12

I don't know where Luann gets her confidence from...but she looked stunning with her hair, make up and outfit today. 

I enjoyed Warren's piece. I thought she handled the discussion around the table well. I thought her approach with Meghan was quite amusing. She didn't give Meghan room to distract from the point by bringing up irrelevant comparisons or points, she just shut her down right away and she was able to finish all of her points. 

• Love 16
(edited)
3 hours ago, Wings said:

Love her.  She did as all visiting democrats do when dealing with Megan; first praise her father's character, which is not unfounded, before you proceed.  Good tactic to disarm the enemy, so to speak.  LOVED, I'm not there yet.  

------------------------------

Also loved this!   Megan said that she and Erika got Teddy another season. His reply, "To be fair, Teddy got herself another season." 

I heard MM say that, and  saw red! No, RHoBH isn't as important as What going in politics,  but I watch and enjoy it. Teddi Mellencamp is a lovely woman, who's fun and down to earth. A great addition to that show . TM did not feud with MM , she did engage but she was polite  to MM.  I'm glad Andy set MM straight.  

Oh yeah, STFU Meghan! 

Elizabeth Warren is amazing.  Loved the way she dealt with little meggie. 

I'm not shocked MM loves Erika. Ice Queens. 

Edited by Coffeewinewater
  • Love 17
8 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Meghan, you idiot, Memorial Day was MONDAY, not Sunday as you stated three times in the first five minutes of the show. 

Now shut up and buy a calendar. 

That was funny and I think no one said it so it could hang there.  I come from working class stock so Monday holidays were/still are reserved for rest and we celebrate on Saturday.  I doubt she is from that mindset.

8 hours ago, WarnerCL45 said:

Why, why, why is Andy Cohen all over the place?  ?   What does he bring to the table?  I know I am repeating myself, but I cannot stand him.  Won’t watch anything that he’s on!

His show Love Connection is starting up today.  It's ok but they could shorten it.  The original 1/2 hour format was better.

• Love 3
18 hours ago, Wings said:

Love her.  She did as all visiting democrats do when dealing with Megan; first praise her father's character, which is not unfounded, before you proceed.  Good tactic to disarm the enemy, so to speak.  LOVED, I'm not there yet.  

------------------------------

Also loved this!   Megan said that she and Erika got Teddy another season. His reply, "To be fair, Teddy got herself another season." 

FLOVED Elizabeth Warren speaking her truth. Warren is awesomely smart. She needs to come on once a month to counter the dumbing down of our brain cells trying to figure out what the heck MM  trying to say when she misuses her word of the day.....as well as even getting the day  wrong "it was  Sunday and Memorial Day " ??? 

My brother was in the military and afterwards spent 30 years in Reserves and National Guard. I'm sorry but isn't Memorial Day about honoring/remembering ALL people who passed away,  not just military?  I was raised Catholic and there was always, (and still is), a big service at the cemetery. Plus my parents always went and placed fresh flowers/arrangements on the graves of their parents and siblings,  uncles, aunts, etc. who died. My sister still does so currently. Make no.mistake, I certainly respect the men and women who fought for freedom for us,  but I was just wondering. 

I got an incredibly immature vibe from MM boasting about her minor feud with Teddy as though it were newsworthy and powerful enough to affect the RHONY franchise. Delusional. I bet MM is trying to insinuate herself on that show with her kissing up to Andy. 

• Love 13
(edited)

Whoopi is right - Roseanne brought this on herself. I feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs overnight because she couldn't keep her racism in check.

I really wish the ladies would've touched on the people calling for the cancellation of The View during all of this. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 20
17 hours ago, Coffeewinewater said:

I heard MM say that, and  saw red! No, RHoBH isn't as important as What going in politics,  but I watch and enjoy it. Teddi Mellencamp is a lovely woman, who's fun and down to earth. A great addition to that show . TM did not feud with MM , she did engage but she was polite  to MM.  I'm glad Andy set MM straight.  

I'm with you CoffeeWineWater! Politics aside, and that's a big aside, MM's claim to having made it so Teddi got a second season made me growl (like audibly so my dog came over to investigate). All that you said about Teddi is true and for someone in her first season who was figuring things out as she went, she did an amazing job. There's many a first-season HW who doesn't make it to the second season because they can't navigate successfully. Teddi did all of that on her own. Nothing at all to do with Meghan!!!

And regarding reality tv, Meghan has said she's also a fan of Vanderpump Rules and Lala in particular from that cast. Which means she's a giant hypocrite (which is no surprise to anyone, since it's kind of her trademark). Lala often very graphically talks about sexual matters and how she uses sexual means to get what she wants in life. Certainly doesn't square at all with MM's supposed own personal rectitude.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, Tunia said:

Whoopi, Whoopi, Whoopi:  Looks like you're going to get another "call from Hawaii" for your explanatory comments today.  The Big Island of Hawaii is called that for a reason...it is a BIG island!  So, you can go to all the islands of Hawaii without worry - just stay away from the southeast corner of the Big Island where the volcano is actually erupting.  Way to ruin the travel revenue and economy of a region, Whoop!  Damn.

She also tried to subtly defend Morgan Freeman, when they had that discussion about women making men uncomfortable with  comments about their looks.  That would have applied to Sherry and not the current women on the panel.  

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Whoopi is right - Roseanne brought this on herself. I feel sorry for the people who lost their jobs overnight because she couldn't keep her racism in check.

I really wish the ladies would've touched on the people calling for the cancellation of The View during all of this. It's ridiculous.

Yeah!  There are FB posts asking what the difference is between Roseanne & Joy!  They seem to miss the boat a lot following up on issues. 

• Love 14
Just now, WarnerCL45 said:

Yeah!  There are FB posts asking what the difference is between Roseanne & Joy!  They seem to miss the boat a lot following up on issues. 

That is the talking point. They are even bringing up Jay-Z's songs as a rapper. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, WarnerCL45 said:

I had to delete a few FB "friends" because of this. Some of them were even floating around that fake picture of Whoopi, the one that she had to address again this morning because Roseanne retweeted something about it.

• Love 13

That "objectifying men" thing sure didn't last long after showing the Bachelorette clips.  20 minutes maybe?  

Oh, ok, they pre taped that segment.  Oops.

41 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

I've seen posts since yesterday too asking why Joy wasn't fired after her Pence remark. I'm glad she mentioned that she's had to apologize too.  (But I guess if you are angry at someone/something it's ok to not have to apologize because according to Whoopi "that's the way you feel."  Ok, then.)

• Love 9

Whoopi missed the point when talking about a man asking someone if they have ever thought about being with an older man.  That isn't objectifying a woman.  That sounds like propositioning a woman.  Maybe the man didn't mean it that way but as woman I would take it that way.  

• Love 7
44 minutes ago, blondiec0332 said:

Meghan's new word.  Vociferous.

Lol!  This is my take away.  Love it.  I will skip today.  These topics exhaust me.  Again I thank you all from MT. 

• Love 7

I can't believe people actually wondered if they could roast Marshmellows on lava???  

Meghan, one can be sweet and strong... I don't get why it has to be either/or with people.  Joy was saying that there is a difference between being assertive and mean, but Meghan wasn't hearing it (I often think with Meghan that the brain waves don't always connect, though I can see where she's going with things sometimes).

And I knew Meghan would try to make the Roseanne topic all about her by slipping in the death tweet about her dad and not being surprised by any tweets, etc.  

And I laughed that the women had to coddle Meghan about marriage because she got anxious about it?  Man, she must be an energy sucker in real life.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, JAYJAY1979 said:

And I laughed that the women had to coddle Meghan about marriage because she got anxious about it?  Man, she must be an energy sucker in real life.

That was so ridiculous. Which one of them said "everyone say something nice about marriage for Meghan" ? Was it Whoopi? WTF was that? 

• Love 11

Really, Sara? You were shocked by the termination? And by what Roseanne tweeted? Where have you been hiding your head, since you're active on Twitter? This wasn't an out of character or first time racist tweet. I just tuned her out after that. For a moment, I thought Joy was going to defend Roseanne. So glad she didn't. And DAYUM. Roseanne retweeted that fake picture of Whoopi? After coming on this show? Then again, she's throwing Sara and Michael Fishburn under the bus, so she has no sense of decency (if she ever had it with these two), or owning what she does. I HOWLED ??????at Ambien's tweet about how their medication doesn't cause a person to become racist!

Of COURSE Meghan would make it about herself. Everything has to offshoot/piggyback/start from her/her father.??????

• Love 21

I love how Roseanne tries to suggest that her comments were ambien induced as if she doesn't have a history of saying racist and discriminatory things. Nice try.

Meghan said it's okay to be strong and angry, and then quickly after said that she'd rather be strong than sweet...well why can't you be both? She doesn't need to look any further than across the table at Sara who is both strong in her beliefs, confident in her ability to express her views and sweet in that she treats everyone kindly, she genuinely listens to what others have to say without trying to judge them for thinking or feeling differently than her. And two things I'd like to debunk - when someone calls you a bitch, it doesn't automatically mean that they're insecure by a confident and successful woman. It may also mean that you're just a rude ass bitch and someone is letting you know that they see you just fine. Instead of trying to own the 'male' version of what it means to be a bitch, how about we just call them for what they are instead? And also, Whoopi's comments about apologies was just stupidity. If your backside is hurting and you don't feel like plastering a smile on your face because of it, that's perfectly fine and needs no apology. But when your backside hurting is the reason that you treat others indecently, then you should damn well apologize because that's the decent thing to do as a person with any combination of empathy, sympathy and compassion.

• Love 8
(edited)

Meggie equates sweet with weak and anger with strength.  She wants to be seen as a strong woman so there we have it.   She believes the anger she presents everyday is a display of strength, I guess.  Hmmmm, so Michele Obama must be a basket case with her logic?  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 13
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Wings said:

Oh my fucking god  MEGAN!   You do NOT intimidate men because you are strong!  If you notice men backing away or tongue tied this is NOT the message they are sending.   They just don’t like you!  

She thinks she is strong and intimidating?  This same woman who complains about how hard it is to explain "her tribe" to people.  This same woman who complains she is snubbed because she is a Republican.  This same woman who needs reassurance that marriage has good qualities.  This same woman who can't have a rational calm discussion with someone who disagrees with her. About anything.  No Meghan people do not find you strong and intimidating. They find you a whiny childish shrew they would rather not deal with.

Edited by blondiec0332
  • Love 17