Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Hummingbird24 said:

@MrsEVH I have a DCRB squad photo. They were signing them in McKinney a couple of weeks ago. I can try to send it to you.

I see it's finally on the Cowboys website but with no names. Last time I looked it wasn't there so it must have been posted within the last few days. 

No names or bios yet

http://www.dallascowboys.com/content/rhythm-blue-dance-squad

Edited by MrsEVH
On 9/19/2017 at 1:59 PM, Collette1104 said:

peripheral vision and lots of practice so your body knows exactly what size steps to take to get there in the allotted time.  You can see your feet even if your head is looking up.  You also will occasionally glance down, but usually only when running between setups in the dances on the field - not so much on the entrance, that should be all peripheral vision. 

source: my 4 years of marching band. :-)

That and in the case of hairography, can't they add a little hair toss (chin down whip it up on a count)? Or maybe they would get yelled at like Kalyssa. If I was a TCC who couldn't get field marks, I'd be at a college field practicing every chance I got lmao. 

• Love 1

Questions for @ShellyB

Did they have the Friends & Family show where they debut the squad photo?  What was the recent one were they showed the new squad's cameo pictures on the giant screen? Was that F&F?  When will the squad photo appear on the site; at the end of the show? 

Edited by MrsEVH
53 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Questions for @ShellyB

Did they have the Friends & Family show where they debut the squad photo?  What was the recent one were they showed the new squad's cameo pictures on the giant screen? Was that F&F?  When will the squad photo appear on the site; at the end of the show? 

That was in August, a believe a day or so before the first pregame. They hadn't taken the squad photo yet so that's why they didn't show it, only the cameo photos. Usually I think the official squad photo, new rookie twitters and profiles go up towards the finale.

On 9/24/2017 at 3:51 PM, MrsEVH said:

Questions for @ShellyB

Cameos were revealed at the Meet The Team rehearsal the night before the first preseason game. Squad photo released during/after finale, along with twitter handles. 

Edited by ShellyB
16 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Cameos were revealed at the Meet The Team rehearsal the night vefore the first preseason game. Squad photo released during/after finale, along with twitter handles. 

So someone who has been training, practicing, working out, dieting, etc for years and years, tries out for DCC.  They go thru a long, grueling training camp and when they are finally given the news that they make the squad they have been working so hard for...........they now have to wait for their name to be announced as a DCC?  They have to wait for the squad photo to be released and they can't even have their official Twitter accounts??????  I realize that there are people out there who are all OMG!!! don't tell me who made the squad cause you will ruin my life, but I've never understood why the TV show takes precedence over things happening in real time.   That's not fair.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

I've never understood why the TV show takes precedence over things happening in real time.   That's not fair.

Yeah, I mean all you have to do is see a game to see who made it.  I don't get the super secrecy either.

• Love 8

Off topic but something I’ve wondered for a long time and thought about again after tonight’s episode. @ShellyB when they rehurse the signature leg lift/ head flip roll off, often times there is a different number of girls depending on which group/groups are rehearsing so I would think the counts are constantly different for that part which would throw off the rest of the counts for kicks which they immediate go into. Do they change the counts each time depending who is practicing or just wait til they feel the girl next to them to know when to go ? Is there some kind of set protocol for that portion of the dance? Sorry if this has been asked before.  It’s interesting how they just go and don’t seem to miss a beat :)  hope my rambling made sense, not sure how else to word it ;)

8 hours ago, PixieDust said:

Off topic but something I’ve wondered for a long time and thought about again after tonight’s episode. @ShellyB when they rehurse the signature leg lift/ head flip roll off, often times there is a different number of girls depending on which group/groups are rehearsing so I would think the counts are constantly different for that part which would throw off the rest of the counts for kicks which they immediate go into. Do they change the counts each time depending who is practicing or just wait til they feel the girl next to them to know when to go ? Is there some kind of set protocol for that portion of the dance? Sorry if this has been asked before.  It’s interesting how they just go and don’t seem to miss a beat :)  hope my rambling made sense, not sure how else to word it ;)

The counts don’t change, choreography/counts are the same regardless of the length of the line. 

@ShellyB semi nitpicky question. When an all star fills in, is it just for Thunderstruck? Then the current team does Quarter changes and tags? 

Im asking because every year there are the old classic routines, but there are also a number of new routines (Handclap, Power, etc) that are taught, but we don’t necessarily see the all-stars learning those routines. I think the only time we saw Emma filling in was for Thunderstruck. Are all-stars also responsible for all 50 training camp dances if they do a game?

Edited by tajalexander

One of the few individuals discussed on this forum is the lady who calls the girls into Kelli's office at the end of the episode.  

I am wondering just out of being nosey--does she know what fate awaits them when she calls them in?  She always has that cheerful expression as if she doesn't know.

Are any of her duties related to actual dancing or is it limited to office work?

Does she just sit there at night during the episode waiting to see who will be called in?

4 hours ago, tajalexander said:

@ShellyB semi nitpicky question. When an all star fills in, is it just for Thunderstruck? Then the current team does Quarter changes and tags? 

Im asking because every year there are the old classic routines, but there are also a number of new routines (Handclap, Power, etc) that are taught, but we don’t necessarily see the all-stars learning those routines. I think the only time we saw Emma filling in was for Thunderstruck. Are all-stars also responsible for all 50 training camp dances if they do a game?

Just for Pregame, i.e. Thunder 

• Love 3

Shelly, what happens to all the DCC *stuff* at the end of the season? We know veterans get the same uniform (and warmups I assume) each year. But what what about the giant pile of other things the DCC use that only seem usable for a season? I assume they get new boots and a couple of sets of new poms each year. But they've also got rebel rehearsal outfits, rolly bags, tote bags, outfits they wear for camp DCC, athletic shoes, the gold dresses and shoes for HOF, swimwear for the calendar shoot and fashion show, and on and on. Season after season, 36 of everything must accumulate! Where does it all go? Surely there's not enough room to store it all. Just the poms alone would eat up an enormous amount of storage space. Does it all go down an incinerator somewhere?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

Shelly, what happens to all the DCC *stuff* at the end of the season? We know veterans get the same uniform (and warmups I assume) each year. But what what about the giant pile of other things the DCC use that only seem usable for a season? I assume they get new boots and a couple of sets of new poms each year. But they've also got rebel rehearsal outfits, rolly bags, tote bags, outfits they wear for camp DCC, athletic shoes, the gold dresses and shoes for HOF, swimwear for the calendar shoot and fashion show, and on and on. Season after season, 36 of everything must accumulate! Where does it all go? Surely there's not enough room to store it all. Just the poms alone would eat up an enormous amount of storage space. Does it all go down an incinerator somewhere?

Everything is turned in, sorted and determined if it is recyclable, i.e. bags, suitcases, etc. Boots are used the next training camp until rookies get footed with their own new boots. They keep their Nike’s at the end of the year. Occasionally some issued attire is given to them. We usually order outfits, warmups in sets of 40. 

Swimwear is loaned by many designers, cleaned and sent back, as many of the suits are samples. Some are able to be purchased at a discount. We also have a costume closet at the stadium, where we house Halloween, Christmas & Pink costumes, Gold dresses, winter jackets, extra boots & poms. 

• Love 4
On 9/18/2017 at 9:02 AM, tinabee1967 said:

I have always been very curious over learning the on field entrance. How do you know your foot is on the line when you are unable to look down? Is it something you can feel, or can you tell if you are in sync by staying in alignment with the other cheer leaders in your section? How difficult is it to learn?

Muscle memory, using your peripheral vision and you become very spatially aware of where you are. I'd like to know why the TCC don't learn the field entrance, kick line and jump split before trying out. I mean, they're the same routines every year.    

• Love 3
15 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

Muscle memory, using your peripheral vision and you become very spatially aware of where you are. I'd like to know why the TCC don't learn the field entrance, kick line and jump split before trying out. I mean, they're the same routines every year.    

I'm sure some of them watch enough videos to try to self-teach themselves most of it. Of course, when they get to TC, they're more properly taught. I seriously doubt they go into TC completely blind to the moves though. Hell, I even know how to do the kick line..maybe not the "proper" way..and my kicks are defintely not up to DCC standards, but I know it lol

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Good question ^. @ShellyB who decided to change some of the choreo to Thunderstruck? Who all actually choreographed it?

Just to reboot the beginning. The upper vets did it at the beginning of training camp. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Ms. SW said:

@ShellyB does the kick lady still work with DCC? I've been missing her? I think her name is also Shelly and a former DCC. I remember her being called in to assist with kickline in a prior season. 

Yes..several times over the summer just not filmed this year. 

4 hours ago, tarheel220 said:

This is going to sound silly, but does anyone know what type of Nike sneaker the girls are wearing in training camp?  I've looked online and can't find anything similar.

Are they the Infinity cheer shoe?  That's what they used before.

14 hours ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

Can someone please tell me who is point for the beginning of MTT? I can see Jenn K in the second row but cannot for the life of me place the point. Thanks.

Holly Hubbard from a couple of seasons ago. 

It's weird because they use footage from two separate years Holly was point. The first shot, Jenn K and Jacie are in the second row, and the second shot is the previous year with Emma and Jacie in the second row and Jenn K in the third row.

• Useful 1

If a cheerleader finds out she is expecting, is she required to withdraw from the squad immediately for health reasons? I would imagine the strenuous practices and dancing would not be a good thing, especially during the first trimester.

29 minutes ago, tinabee1967 said:

If a cheerleader finds out she is expecting, is she required to withdraw from the squad immediately for health reasons? I would imagine the strenuous practices and dancing would not be a good thing, especially during the first trimester.

Assume so, depending on where there at in the season. Cassie was while newly pregnant, and Whitney was in the first couple of months at Pro Bowl. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Assume so, depending on where there at in the season. Cassie was while newly pregnant, and Whitney was in the first couple of months at Pro Bowl. 

Cassie was pregnant at the end of her 5th season?

23 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

She might have been right at the very end of her last season (2012-2013) - Cannon just turned 4.  I kind of remember that.

Did she get married between 4th-5th season or in 4th season or when? I can't remember.

Yeah, can’t remember the exact time frame but it was at the end of her last season. She posted a photo one time of her at an appearance with the smallest little bump and a comment/caption referring to it being Cannon.

eta: can’t find it, but I remember seeing it. Guess it was someone else’s photo she commented on. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, ByTor said:

You learn something new every day, I always thought Cassie got married after she retired!

Same. I know he proposed after a game or something. I do remember a photo of Whitney at pro bowl with a itty bitty baby bump, but I can't place it in my mind the photo of Cassie in uniform pregnant.

• Love 1
(edited)

I think he proposed during Season 5, and they got married in April 2012. I can remember this, but I did not remember to take my thyroid medication when I got up this morning.

Edited by bigskygirl
6 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I do remember a photo of Whitney at pro bowl with a itty bitty baby bump,

I looked HARD for a bump on her, but I could be damned if I could find one.  It must  have been really itty bitty...smaller than mine & I'm not even pregnant LOL.

Edited by ByTor
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
On 11/3/2017 at 7:41 PM, ByTor said:

I looked HARD for a bump on her, but I could be damned if I could find one.  It must  have been really itty bitty...smaller than mine & I'm not even pregnant LOL.

It was! Very itty bitty, but if she says that's her bump then I believe her lol. Maybe I saw it because I wanted to.

• Love 2
On 11/3/2017 at 7:04 AM, tinabee1967 said:

Depends on how far along in the pregnancy and at what point of the season. There have been a handful that have been pregnant that retired  mid season and a handful that have finished their season. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 11/3/2017 at 7:04 AM, tinabee1967 said:

Actually you can pretty much do your normal routine during the first trimester. I have friends who’ve run marathons during their first trimester. If a miscarriage is going to happen, it’s usually because the baby has a genetic abnormality. Other causes are infection, medical conditions of the mother, hormonal abnormalities, immune system responses, and uterine abnormalities. 

The baby is pretty well protected that first trimester.... falls become more dangerous as the pregnancy progresses. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
On 8/8/2016 at 10:24 AM, twinkietwin94 said:

Am I the only one that's bothered by the fact that CMT subtitles the veterans as 2 yr veteran when they're in their second year and we've seen veterans cut at TCC? They're one year veterans trying for their second year to make the team, they're not a two year vet until the end of the season. Every time I see it it bugs me, maybe it's just a personal pet peeve as an English teacher.

I thought it says 2 year candidate...I need to rewatch an episode and see.

• Love 1