Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

19 minutes ago, Spunkyyy said:

Which Alex was a NY jets cheerleader? 

I do not think Alex who was cut after two years is one. Jessica from Seasons 8 and 9 is also a former Jets cheerleader.

Edited by bigskygirl

Hey all! 

OK so I have watched every season, and I own all of them on my Amazon account except seasons 1 and 2, which are not available. Where can I find these seasons to watch? I know CMT has them on the website, but a TV provider is needed and I have cut the cord. I tried using the 24 hour access pass, I got through season 1, episodes 1-3. Took a break to run errands, came back and was told my time was up. (It was only 3 hours at the most. I have emailed CMT NUMEROUS times and they never responded). I have time to watch this weekend, it's supposed to be cold and yucky out, my son is with his dad until Sunday, and I actually have an entire weekend off. 

Thank you so much for any help!! 

PS Maybe I missed it in reading the message boards, but do we know what happened to Erica, where did she go? 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think there was a girl who was on the squad in Seasons 8 and 9 who was a Jets cheerleader, but I cannot remember her name.

Jessica Allison whose now a USA cheerleader. 

Danielle, Jasmine, Tara, Savannah are the others . I stand corrected about the number 6, it should be 5 . For some reason I was counting  Denise Garvey.

@ShellyB

I'm dying to know...

How in the world do the girls NEVER seem to have wet sweat marks under their arms in those blue blouses? I've heard that botox injections can help with underarm sweating, but I can't imagine ALL of them do that. Is there some secret they have? 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, NMDD43 said:

@ShellyB

I'm dying to know...

How in the world do the girls NEVER seem to have wet sweat marks under their arms in those blue blouses? I've heard that botox injections can help with underarm sweating, but I can't imagine ALL of them do that. Is there some secret they have? 

Trust me, they sweat, but it doesn’t hurt that they are in a climate controllled stadium. For most of the time, it’s 72 degrees. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Trust me, they sweat, but it doesn’t hurt that they are in a climate controllled stadium. For most of the time, it’s 72 degrees. 

Yeah but at Cowboys Stadium it wasn't..and in that Texas heat I'm just struggling to understand how we never saw sweat marks.

WHAT'S THE SECRET?!?! LOL

• Love 2
15 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

Yeah but at Cowboys Stadium it wasn't..and in that Texas heat I'm just struggling to understand how we never saw sweat marks.

WHAT'S THE SECRET?!?! LOL

I NEED to know! 

I have yet to see a single picture with a sweat mark. How is that possible?! 

1 hour ago, NMDD43 said:

I NEED to know! 

I have yet to see a single picture with a sweat mark. How is that possible?! 

Panty liners in the blouse armpits? I’m not sure if they’d stick to the material, but I knew several girls who used that trick with long-sleeved leotards when I used to dance. 

• Love 1
On 11/19/2017 at 7:58 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, There is a routine that I watch all the time on YT but its very bad quality and blurry. I absolutely love this routine. Its a country western style dance they did to Timber and the video is from a field rehearsal in the 2013 season. Did they do this dance to other songs in recent years? This year? Who choreographed? This is the only time I have seen this routine.  I think I saw a tiny bit of it in MTT in 2011 on like the 2nd to the last episode when they were outside but it was too hard to tell. Is there any other videos out there where they do this routine. Its so fun and very fast!

On 11/20/2017 at 12:16 PM, ShellyB said:

I’d have to see the video to be sure who choreographed it, and if it was put any other songs. 

@ShellyB I know its been several months since we made this exchange but I finally copied to post the video to what I was talking about and would still like to know if there are any other clips out there where DCC does this choreography. I really like it!

Edited by DCCroutineFAN
On 1/27/2018 at 8:44 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB I know its been several months since we made this exchange but I finally copied to post the video to what I was talking about and would still like to know if there are any other clips out there where DCC does this choreography. I really like it!

I think “Timber” was originally choreographed by a girl named Emily. But parts of this dance look like a section from one of our “Funk” medleys from show group. It could be that the leaders replaced parts with choreo they already knew, which happens occasionally after new stuff is learned. I say this, because the chorus section the second time is very much Emily's style. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 2

Hi @ShellyB

I was at the December 16 Prep class you were hosting. I was wondering if you remember the name of the song from the class? It was a country song and we started the choreography facing away from the audience.  

Thank you in advance to any response,

Jenny

Edited by Jen Roscoe
On 2/2/2018 at 8:14 PM, Jen Roscoe said:

Hi @ShellyB

I was at the December 16 Prep class you were hosting. I was wondering if you remember the name of the song from the class? It was a country song and we started the choreography facing away from the audience.  

Thank you in advance to any response,

Jenny

Little Red Wagon by Miranda Lambert. 

On 2/5/2018 at 6:04 AM, tajalexander said:

@ShellyB super bowl question.. since the stadium where it’s played in isn’t anyone’s home field, how was the whole cheerleader situation work?

would there still be four corners and a Thunderstruck performance? Seeing as most other teams have dancers as well

Both teams do a pregame performance and groups are on their own sidelines, on each side of the players benches. 

• Love 2

@ShellyB  With the 4 DCCs who left  before the end of the season; will their names be replaced with "left squad" when the 2017 squad picture gets moved to the squad photos section of the DCC site next season?

Edited by MrsEVH
9 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB  With the 4 DCCs who left  before the end of the season; will their names be replaced with "left squad" when the 2017 squad picture gets moved to the squad photos section of the DCC site next season?

Only 3...not sure how webmaster will list photo. 

15 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Four? I thought  just three left? Alex, Milan and Kalyssa.  Who else Besides Jenna (who is retiring)? 

Holly left during TC so that's how I came up with 4. I forgot she isn't in the squad photo.

17 hours ago, Jesslyn said:

Four? I thought  just three left? Alex, Milan and Kalyssa.  Who else Besides Jenna (who is retiring)? 

Nobody else has announced yet if they are retiring besides Jenna so we shall see 

20 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

@ShellyB is that DCC Holly item in Holly P's IG story a legit DCC thing? I think it's a garment bag?? i've never seen it before, i guess the girls get to keep them when they retire? 

Didn’t see her story, but if it looks like a hanging bag, many times the group gifts have been hanging bags with their name and/or logo on them. 

• Love 1
On 3/7/2018 at 9:19 AM, ShellyB said:

Going old school this year... shoot is after auditions.

This makes much more sense to me. Why waste time and resources bringing girls who might get cut at auditions?

Will it still be just vets on the trip?

(edited)
3 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

This makes much more sense to me. Why waste time and resources bringing girls who might get cut at auditions?

Probably all the vets who make it back to TC unless one or more piss off Judy, Kelli, and/or Charlotte. The TC Candidates have not officially made the team yet since TC is not over yet, and they usually only take girls with one or more years under their belt.

Edited by bigskygirl

I'm glad they're doing calendar shoot AFTER auditions.  I've noticed the past few years girls go all out for calendar shoot in terms of eating right/healthy and exercising then slack off some afterwards and go into auditions heavier than they should be because of it.  Caila is a prime example.  She looked AMAZING going for her second year on the squad but looked puffy/heavier going for her third year (not to mention her solo sucked; that split leap they showed was just plain bad).  There are other girls we could probably name but at least now, Kelli and Judy will know EXACTLY who will be going instead of spending money on girls who won't make the cut later on.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

Vets

• Love 1
12 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I heard they are going to the same place as last year....don't know if that's true.

I hope so, or at least whatever’s left of it after the terrible hurricanes last year. Bimini was beautiful and I think more interesting than Mexico, plus no tacky runway bit at the resort. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I have heard Kelli say several times about a DCC during auditions that a girl is a "locker room favorite" Is this actually a fun award they give like at the banquet or something??

If not, I’d love to see that added. “Miss Congeniality” or something. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

If not, I’d love to see that added. “Miss Congeniality” or something. 

Yes!!!  And forget Barbies, I want Care Bears ? Would love to know who Funshine would be, and they could make something out of Best Care Bear Stare for facials, as long as it didn't go too far this way:

Kelli Finglass.jpg

• Love 1
On 3/15/2018 at 7:33 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I have heard Kelli say several times about a DCC during auditions that a girl is a "locker room favorite" Is this actually a fun award they give like at the banquet or something??

No, it’s just a term of endearment for those that make the team brighter, spiritually and emotionally. 

• Love 4
22 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

@ShellyB who and how do they decide the order of the vets and finalists for solos and interviews at finals? Do the top vets start and finish the solo portions?

Judy does the order, usually a strong opener and closer. Sometimes the middle mix are me to those that are similar in style and looks. 

• Love 7

@ShellyB Maybe this was answered already and I didn’t see it, but when did Thunderstruck replace Loud?  Or did it ever?  I liked that dance and I don’t see that the squads from the last 4-5 seasons are performing it any longer.  Thanks :-)

Edited by ales-ya