Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

On 7/4/2018 at 5:35 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB  Hi and Happy Independence Day!!!   I was wondering if DCC still do occasional performances at baseball games?

We haven’t done the baseball circuit in a couple of seasons...it tends to come in waves. 

Does anyone know why some previous seasons of the show are more or less episodes? Example - Season 7 was at least 12 episodes and season 8 was only 8 episodes.

I loved the end of season 7 because they showed so much more after the girls made the squad. 

Also, I believe this has been posted previously, but I can't find previous year squad photos. Can someone help me out with that?

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Tarode said:

Does anyone know why some previous seasons of the show are more or less episodes? Example - Season 7 was at least 12 episodes and season 8 was only 8 episodes.

I loved the end of season 7 because they showed so much more after the girls made the squad. 

Also, I believe this has been posted previously, but I can't find previous year squad photos. Can someone help me out with that?

Go to the main page  https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/home and scroll down to " About Us" and "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Squad Photos".

Click on it and you'll get https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/squad-photos I'm surprised they haven't put the 2017 squad photo in there yet. They could be waiting for the 2018 one. Curious to see how they'll list Alexandria, Milan, and Kalyssa (names or "left squad").

Regarding season 7 with the extra episodes: I think cmt might have been trying something new and maybe it didn't go over well or was too costly. Just my speculating on it.

Edited by MrsEVH
1 hour ago, Tarode said:

I think Season 12 was 13 episodes because they had extra content with the Hall of Fame week... we know that season 13 also will be 13 episodes (I remember seeing that somewhere, right?). Maybe there is extra content with other appearances? 

Season 7 was filled with the swimsuit shoot and the runway show... 

So, I’m guessing at this, but I think extra episodes directly relate to available extra content. (What is the DCC organization willing to show the public?) additionally, I think CMT has a vote based on what they think the audience will watch.

I’m happily surprised to get two back to back seasons with extra episodes!! 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Go to the main page  https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/home and scroll down to " About Us" and "Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders Squad Photos".

Click on it and you'll get https://www.dallascowboys.com/cheerleaders/squad-photos I'm surprised they haven't put the 2017 squad photo in there yet. They could be waiting for the 2018 one. Curious to see how they'll list Alexandria, Milan, and Kalyssa (names or "left squad").

Regarding season 7 with the extra episodes: I think cmt might have been trying something new and maybe it didn't go over well or was too costly. Just my speculating on it.

Isn’t there also Holly and Erica to deal with in the 2017 photo? Lots of re-editing! What a mess for them! 

4 hours ago, Taralightner said:

Isn’t there also Holly and Erica to deal with in the 2017 photo? Lots of re-editing! What a mess for them! 

Holly and Erica were released before the squad photo was taken.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Does anyone else think it looks weird the way they cut the bottom of the squad photos off? Or maybe it’s just my mobile device. It looks like floating heads for the girls up front. 

3 minutes ago, Jesslyn said:

Does anyone else think it looks weird the way they cut the bottom of the squad photos off? Or maybe it’s just my mobile device. It looks like floating heads for the girls up front. 

Yes I noticed that.  I'm looking at them right now on a PC.

In the 1991 picture there's some faces cut off in the front row. The 1998 front row is bad too. 

The names on the 2014 and 2015 squads (back rows) are mixed up.

On 7/7/2018 at 3:38 PM, Taralightner said:

I think Season 12 was 13 episodes because they had extra content with the Hall of Fame week... we know that season 13 also will be 13 episodes (I remember seeing that somewhere, right?). Maybe there is extra content with other appearances? 

Season 7 was filled with the swimsuit shoot and the runway show... 

So, I’m guessing at this, but I think extra episodes directly relate to available extra content. (What is the DCC organization willing to show the public?) additionally, I think CMT has a vote based on what they think the audience will watch.

I’m happily surprised to get two back to back seasons with extra episodes!! 

Season 8 reruns are short on episodes because they stopped showing the whole Chelsea drama and her getting cut. It almost seemed as if she was threatening a law suit, because those episodes were then shown on a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders show, that was not Making The Team. It was so weird. BUT, I was not a fan of Chelsea, so to me those cut scenes are my absolute favorite! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude or mean, but I can't help it. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, jlc said:

Season 8 reruns are short on episodes because they stopped showing the whole Chelsea drama and her getting cut. It almost seemed as if she was threatening a law suit, because those episodes were then shown on a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders show, that was not Making The Team. It was so weird. BUT, I was not a fan of Chelsea, so to me those cut scenes are my absolute favorite! I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude or mean, but I can't help it. 

What other show was there?  I saw the whole Chelsea drama/her getting cut on MTT.

• Love 1
On 8/14/2018 at 6:48 PM, scorpio1031 said:

What other show was there?  I saw the whole Chelsea drama/her getting cut on MTT.

At the time I had Time Warner Cable. The first showing of season 8 Chelsea's drama was shown. By the second rerun of the show, at least on Time Warner, they had stopped showing those episodes with Chelsea in Kelli's office and then of her actually being cut, but were showing them on another version of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. So you could watch DCC:MTT or just DCC and see the Chelsea cuts.

45 minutes ago, jlc said:

At the time I had Time Warner Cable. The first showing of season 8 Chelsea's drama was shown. By the second rerun of the show, at least on Time Warner, they had stopped showing those episodes with Chelsea in Kelli's office and then of her actually being cut, but were showing them on another version of Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. So you could watch DCC:MTT or just DCC and see the Chelsea cuts.

Another version?  I’d like to see that

On 6/17/2018 at 6:06 PM, Tootie said:

Shortly after DCC:MTT ended last season, we dropped our cable all together.  (300 channels of crap and maybe a handful of good ones!)   We planned on getting something like Sling, etc but we haven't really worried about it until now.   I CANNOT be without my show! lol   I know this type of discussion has come up before, but it didn't really apply to me so I didn't look at it closely. 

Any suggestions for what works best?  I don't know much about any of them, so could you explain (dumb it down!) how they work?  Thanks!

I have a Firestick and a program called Terrarium TV.  They have seasons 3-13.  Some of the older seasons are incomplete.  This is free, and they are available on Friday mornings.  You can also purchase the seasons from Amazon.

5 hours ago, jlc said:

Her cut is on the iTunes episodes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Nancybeth said:

I just purchased S8 on Amazon Prime and the Chelsea cut was definitely in there.

Yes, it was on my cable systems rerunning of that season. I am sure buying the season will have all the episodes. I was just relaying what my cable systems did 

Impressive! I also wondered about the number of military brats. Thank you for including that info. :-)
My husband and I both served in the military. He served in the Army and was in Iraq 07-09 with the 4ID Band. I served in the Air Force from 1994-2006 and deployed for Southern Watch in 1997.

• Love 2
56 minutes ago, Melissa A said:

Impressive! I also wondered about the number of military brats. Thank you for including that info. :-)
My husband and I both served in the military. He served in the Army and was in Iraq 07-09 with the 4ID Band. I served in the Air Force from 1994-2006 and deployed for Southern Watch in 1997.

Thank you both for your service! My dad served in the Air Force. My grandfather, husband and son are all Ret. Marines, while my nephew is still serving in the Marines. Military service runs pretty deep on both sides of my family and in- laws, covering all the branches. 

• Love 12
22 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Thank you both for your service! My dad served in the Air Force. My grandfather, husband and son are all Ret. Marines, while my nephew is still serving in the Marines. Military service runs pretty deep on both sides of my family and in- laws, covering all the branches. 

Thank you. :-) And please accept our thanks for your family's service as well. My dad also served in the Air Force.  In fact, he retired from the Air Force Reserve shortly after I got to Edwards. He served six years on active duty before I came along.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Disneydiva628 said:

I always wondered the rules for cleaning the outfit and shoes?

I know I have heard several different girls talk about cleaning the uniform. They are each responsible for their own uniforms. They all said they were scared to death the first time they washed it. I believe it was Miranda that said she washes each piece separately. 

I'm not sure about their boots though.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:44 PM, scorpio1031 said:

Another version?  I’d like to see that

It was just three episodes, and they were the three of Chelsea and the girls weight warning, Chelsea being obnoxious to the camera and Kitty telling on her, and Kelli telling her she was toxic and cutting her. It was awesome!

On 8/27/2018 at 9:47 AM, Disneydiva628 said:

I always wondered the rules for cleaning the outfit and shoes?

It's been explained to me the opposite about the cleaning of uniforms. They have a dry cleaner and service on site for the entire organization (at least now they do). Last I heard uniforms didn't leave the premises and brought to them for appearances. Maybe @Tarode is referring to Miranda and Mel discussing the TC unis and then practice uniforms which they do clean themseves (and are evidently delicate enough they need to air dry).

As for the boots they are extremely high quality and don't need to be 'broke in'. Only problem is that since they don't expand with heat, as the game or appearance goes on the ankles swell and makes them awful to get off even with the tights. Plus side they are professionally tailored per teammate. Evidently upwards of $3000 per pair. They clean the scuffs themselves with shoe polish. Evidently the grass or turf do not leave stains.

• Love 2
43 minutes ago, STLComet said:

It's been explained to me the opposite about the cleaning of uniforms. They have a dry cleaner and service on site for the entire organization (at least now they do). Last I heard uniforms didn't leave the premises and brought to them for appearances.

That doesn't sound right to me. These women have to do all sorts of appearances - they have to go to grocery stores and auto parts stores and whatnot in pairs, or small groups, and they have multiple appearances in different places at the same time. It wouldn't make sense logistically for someone to have to drive their uniforms to them every time they have to be somewhere. Particularly in cases where there is nowhere for them to change. Would that person have to wait there until the end of the appearance and take the uniforms back?

We've heard references to cheerleaders turning in their uniforms at the end of a season. They wouldn't have to do that if they weren't allowed to take them home.

*scratching my head* I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that seems a little nutty. @ShellyB, can you clarify?

Also Shelly...this is completely unrelated, but can you confirm once and for all. Is the Group 1 leader also considered the official team captain? Is Group 1 understood to always be the "best" group (most talented dancers)?

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, sleepyjean said:

That doesn't sound right to me. These women have to do all sorts of appearances - they have to go to grocery stores and auto parts stores and whatnot in pairs, or small groups, and they have multiple appearances in different places at the same time. It wouldn't make sense logistically for someone to have to drive their uniforms to them every time they have to be somewhere. Particularly in cases where there is nowhere for them to change. Would that person have to wait there until the end of the appearance and take the uniforms back?

We've heard references to cheerleaders turning in their uniforms at the end of a season. They wouldn't have to do that if they weren't allowed to take them home.

*scratching my head* I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm just saying that seems a little nutty. @ShellyB, can you clarify?

Also Shelly...this is completely unrelated, but can you confirm once and for all. Is the Group 1 leader also considered the official team captain? Is Group 1 understood to always be the "best" group (most talented dancers)?

the cheerleaders get to keep all uniform pieces until they hand them in prior to auditions the next year. if they make it back for another season they obviously get them back and don't hand them in permanently until they retire. the cheerleaders are responsible for all cleaning aspects of the uniform and they only get 1 uniform for their tenure.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Once the team is announced, the girls are handed their uniform for the year. Until that moment, all TCCs uniforms are kept in our uniform closet. The girls are responsible for cleaning their own uniforms. Dry cleaning is prohibited. The buckle and stars are removable, allowing the uniforms to be thrown in the washing machine. I hung mine to dry, but it’s fine to put in the dryer as well. 

The boots are just like any other pair of boots, they need to be broken in and formed to their feet. Years ago, their feet would be measured for a custom fit. Now the boots are made in a variety of sizes and widths dependent upon the sizes turned in with their paperwork. They are sized by the bootmaker with samples. 

Group 1 leader usually has the most tenure on the team. For the most part, the leaders collaborate on everything, but if decisions need to be made, naturally they defer to G1. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

The girls are responsible for cleaning their own uniforms. Dry cleaning is prohibited. The buckle and stars are removable, allowing the uniforms to be thrown in the washing machine. I hung mine to dry, but it’s fine to put in the dryer as well. 

Group 1 leader usually has the most tenure on the team. For the most part, the leaders collaborate on everything, but if decisions need to be made, naturally they defer to G1. 

Thanks Shelly. Wow, it never occurred to me that you could throw those outfits in the washer and dryer. I'd be terrified to do it.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Law Mom said:

What happens if a uniform is damaged? I would think over the course of the years, sleeves get ripped and shorts get stained on occasion.

Depends on the damage. Normal wear and tear or actual damage...i.e. Sharpie stain/bleed, iron burn, pull or pills on sleeves, fuzzy fringe all get replaced with a better piece from what we have in reserve. Only one custom uniform per girl during her rookie season that’s lasts until she retires. 

• Love 4
12 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Is the Group 1 leader also considered the official team captain? Is Group 1 understood to always be the "best" group (most talented dancers)?

I Think that’s something that was completely invented here on the board. Several times point has been in other groups besides Group 1.

I don’t think there really is an official ‘team captain’, or they’d make sure that designation was known. Also, stacking all the best girls in one group wouldn’t be a great idea, because by the time you got down to the last group, it would be noticeable if all the weaker dancers were there. Weak to DCC is still better than 95% of other pro teams, but still. 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I Think that’s something that was completely invented here on the board. Several times point has been in other groups besides Group 1.

I don’t think there really is an official ‘team captain’, or they’d make sure that designation was known. Also, stacking all the best girls in one group wouldn’t be a great idea, because by the time you got down to the last group, it would be noticeable if all the weaker dancers were there. Weak to DCC is still better than 95% of other pro teams, but still. 

I agree with that. However, it's been repeated enough times on this board that I wondered if it had ever been confirmed. Shelly didn't confirm it, so I consider it debunked.

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

I agree with that. However, it's been repeated enough times on this board that I wondered if it had ever been confirmed. Shelly didn't confirm it, so I consider it debunked.

Shelly just answered this on the other thread. No need to speculate more.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ShellyB said:

• Love 1
14 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

@sleepyjean @viccib @ShellyB you are correct and I'm super wrong. I apologize! I'm combining little parts of different teams with little parts from different athletes and equaling a whole lot of confused BS. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Law Mom said:

Omigosh I can't imagine ever taking an iron to the uniform! That's what steamers are for! 

LOL or the dryer!!  I'd probably do a Shelly and hang mine to dry, I would be scared to death that the dryer would shrink it.  Because, you know, I never gain weight or anything, it's always that damn dryer's fault :)

• Love 8
6 hours ago, Law Mom said:

What happens if a uniform is damaged? I would think over the course of the years, sleeves get ripped and shorts get stained on occasion.

Cassie wrote in a blog that Kelsi's zipper broke, and the only spare pair were teeny, tiny and Kelsi was uncomfortable about wearing them, so Cassie wore them and gave Kelsi her shorts to wear.  Another time, on a USO tour, a bottle of red Gatorade exploded all over Brooke's uniform and if I remember correctly, she used those detergent wipes or something like that to get it out.  

I saw the reserve closet when they were on Oprah, and there were a lot of extra parts, but if you are overseas or in Oxnard, and something happens, did spares get packed?

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cassie wrote in a blog that Kelsi's zipper broke, and the only spare pair were teeny, tiny and Kelsi was uncomfortable about wearing them, so Cassie wore them and gave Kelsi her shorts to wear.  Another time, on a USO tour, a bottle of red Gatorade exploded all over Brooke's uniform and if I remember correctly, she used those detergent wipes or something like that to get it out.  

I saw the reserve closet when they were on Oprah, and there were a lot of extra parts, but if you are overseas or in Oxnard, and something happens, did spares get packed?

I wonder where the spare ones come from?  I thought the uniform is custom made for their body.

2 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I wonder where the spare ones come from?  I thought the uniform is custom made for their body.

I just re-watched that part and Meredith and Nicole open the "uniform closet" to get a uniform for Alexandra Wentworth.  It's full, but they don't say from where.  If you keep the "used" ones from recent alumni that are still wearable???

26 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

They have a closet full of old uniforms from girls who retired/were cut. They don't keep every single uniform, but they do keep a good number of the ones that are in good condition for spares.

• Love 1