Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

I found them, they just don't all come up at once but you have to scroll down to see them.

ShellyB-Does Judy put the groups together (hair color etc) for finals ahead of time including who is dancing first and last?  So when everyone checks it, their number is already predetermined?

Edited by cherryblossom
More info

@ShellyB, I was just watching season 6 AGAIN and there was a TCC who was there all the way up to next to the last episode and just disappeared. Her name is Rebecca and I really liked her. She was sweet and cute and didn't seem to have any trouble throughout training camp so what happened to her and why did they not show this on the show.  They have showed many other reason why girls just disappear like the e-mail from Christina who was only on a couple episodes so it would have been easy to not even notice her not being there anymore. And in season 1 with Serissa SP? and her injury and deciding to not continue in training camp. Those issues were addressed on the show and they were not even on the show but a few episodes, but Rebecca was on almost every episode and visibly.  Thanks

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I was just watching season 6 AGAIN and there was a TCC who was there all the way up to next to the last episode and just disappeared. Her name is Rebecca and I really liked her. She was sweet and cute and didn't seem to have any trouble throughout training camp so what happened to her and why did they not show this on the show.  They have showed many other reason why girls just disappear like the e-mail from Christina who was only on a couple episodes so it would have been easy to not even notice her not being there anymore. And in season 1 with Serissa SP? and her injury and deciding to not continue in training camp. Those issues were addressed on the show and they were not even on the show but a few episodes, but Rebecca was on almost every episode and visibly.  Thanks

Rebecca probably threw a hissy fit and threatened a lawsuit if they showed her leaving

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

I'd asked one of my friends about her before too because I thought she was cute and just disappeared! But she said there was no drama with Rebecca...just faded toward the end of camp...  just didn't stand out *enough*.  Her makeover also ended up being a bit of a makeunder which sucks :(  Sometimes cuts are made when CMT is not there and it's not because of any crazy reason.  Definitely not a situation where she sued to keep her cut off camera LOL  I found her FB last year and she's married with one or two kids...seems very happy :) 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I cannot think of any reason, except flat out lies or proven defamation, that is reason to sue and win for showing a hissy fit cut. 

This is true.  What girl(s) have done or attempted to do that though (sue to keep cut off MTT)?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

??? I don't remember. Probably a cut made on a non film day. 

21 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

This is true.  What girl(s) have done or attempted to do that though (sue to keep cut off MTT)?

RUMOR had it that Amy Reese threatened to sue if they showed her cut. She allegedly was cut for drugs/partying, but nothing was ever confirmed. That disclaimer they sign basically spells out that they, their families, friends, etc., may be embarrassed or not like their portrayals, but too bad. Nothing that every single reality show doesn't have contestants sign.

• Love 1
On 8/13/2017 at 4:05 PM, Rita J said:

?

i definitely get confused too sometimes when they say awkward. For example Rose from a couple  seasons back. She too was confused by the awkward comment given to her.  I look at some of the girls Judy calls awkward and think, what's awkward about that! LOL but we don't see everything they see due to editing so....

I think I understand the awkward comment.  The ladies are supposed to have some sex appeal while they dance.  So remember when Kelly told Rose she looked like she was going around in a "paint can" with a twist move, and then one of the vets demonstrated the same move while arching her back and stucking her butt out?  Do you know what Im talking about?  

Understandably, some young ladies don't understand the concept of sex appeal so I think these are the ones that are labeled awkward or dancing like a little girl.

Edited by ReneeK
Clarify
  • Love 3

Hi @ShellyB Some choreo questions... 

1. Are the dance steps sketched onto paper for the girls to use at home or is it all just memorized and passed down each year? 

2. Besides knowing every count, step, and movement of all the routines probably since she became choreographer, what role does Judy play in the creation of new routine material?

3. There is a dance that has been around in some form or another for many decades,  the style has changed a bit and its always updated but  most counts are very much the same. I was wondering who choreographed that routine. I have seen it performed from back when they had the v cut in the shorts/belt up to Kelsey being called out by Judy last season when she was told to... step kick and a da da da. : )  Some songs that I know were used for this routine were...I'm on a roll, Simply irresistible, Lettin it Rock, and others.

Thank you. 

@ShellyB- I have to ask because I'm so curious.... Have any of the DCCs ever have an accident in the itty bitty white shorts, like heaven forbid-- starting your period on Game Day?!?!?! From what I understand, they don't have extra pairs of the white shorts in their locker on hand, right? What happens on game day when they have huge stains or spillage from food, drinks, makeup, etc? I'm so curious!!! LOL!! 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, KittykatRN said:

@ShellyB- I have to ask because I'm so curious.... Have any of the DCCs ever have an accident in the itty bitty white shorts, like heaven forbid-- starting your period on Game Day?!?!?! From what I understand, they don't have extra pairs of the white shorts in their locker on hand, right? What happens on game day when they have huge stains or spillage from food, drinks, makeup, etc? I'm so curious!!! LOL!! 

Eating in the uniform is forbidden, so locker room attire on game day is something comfortable, usually tshirts & shorts/leggings. They do all hair and make up before getting dressed, so everything is pristine before the performance. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 2
21 minutes ago, healthnut said:

For anybody: with Kashara being point (and I realize there aren't any more tenured girls except Jenna & Jinelle), when's the last time a three year vet was point?

Wasn't Crystal Trevino a point girl? She was a DCC for only 3 years.

19 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Crystal was point girl in Season 5, was on the team for three years, and Brooke's assistant leader.

Oh wow. I watched then but I definitely don't remember that, I thought Nicole Hamilton was point that year. Thanks!

Edited by healthnut
20 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Oh wow. I watched then but I definitely don't remember that, I thought Nicole Hamilton was point that year. Thanks!

This would be after she retired. 

Always wondered how/if the average age of those that audition has change over the past few decades. We do see a number of 18/19 year olds audition. Was that common in the 80's and 90's @ShellyB?

4 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

This would be after she retired. 

Always wondered how/if the average age of those that audition has change over the past few decades. We do see a number of 18/19 year olds audition. Was that common in the 80's and 90's @ShellyB?

We always had a quite few younger girls audition with just a few on the team. 

15 hours ago, Tootie said:

@ShellyB--I was wondering who are the All-Stars this year?  Thanks!

ETA: and who is/are the Game Day Girl/s this week?!

Nicole, Katy, Emma, Rachel, Jessica, Danielle, Jennifer, Amy T & Claire

KaShara - Gameday & Amy L - Sideline Sweetheart

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Never heard of Sideline Sweetheart before, is that a new thing? What's the difference between the two?

8 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Thank you!

I thought KaShara & Selina were both GameDay girls last week... did KaShara get it two times in a row?

Will Emma still be your "go to" girl when you need a replacement, or will one of the "newer" All Stars fill in?

27 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Thank you!

I thought KaShara & Selina were both GameDay girls last week... did KaShara get it two times in a row?

Will Emma still be your "go to" girl when you need a replacement, or will one of the "newer" All Stars fill in?

They announced both games last week. Not sure how Judy will handle emergencies. I'm sure Emma will be utilized, as well as others. 

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB How to girls become All Stars? Does Kelli ask/invite them or do they have to audition for it? is it a lesser commitment than being a regular DCC?

They are invited by Kelli. They sign a contract very similar to DCC contract and are held to the same standards as the current team with regards to appearance, that is good for one year. We utilize them at games for suite visits and other events throughout the season when the full team is busy. 

• Love 4
On 7/31/2016 at 9:50 AM, pink317 said:

This is 100% true and it was a standout in MTT8. Vivian was given shizz because she didn't weigh 113 and was 5'3".. no regard to muscle vs. fat or different body types. It is all about the number, which is not realistic or as Chelsea said maintainable. They also post everyone's weight in the locker room for all to see, with the girls at the higher end highlighted (!).  Kelsi Reich detailed this after she left the team.

There are also women that just bloom very late - I was one of these - where I was probably the size of curly until I was 20, then with the same exercise routine and diet (minimal as I was not a foody when I was young) I began to get real curves and then for the first time in my life when hormones kicked in full throttle, I had to watch what I ate. I was a very physically active kid and young adult but at some point, we grow into women and that as we all know takes work :). 

Edited by larellG
On 8/16/2017 at 11:58 PM, Rita J said:

Here's my take on that... and I sure hope I'm wrong ....

It seems clear that Vivian rigged the first fan vote by having her friends and family out there logging in votes for her "hardcore" (her words, and I don't think that would shock any of us, knowing what we know now, about her behavior).  

I believe she may have actually won the second vote too!!! (If not, I bet it was super close between her and Lauren) bc she said in her interview "last year I won, and this year, last time I checked, im still in first place".  Which to me means she had her peeps voting for her hardcore again and she was checking the vote throughout the deliberations. And I don't think for a second TPTB we're gonna have that scenario replay!!

I believe Colby won legit.  

But I don't believe the girl from Waco that won last year won legit. I bet her peeps padded the vote. IMO there's just no way she would have beat out those other finalists that were sooooooo much better and cuter. I just don't buy it.  She was cut so quickly too.

When I voted one year there was no limit on how many times you could vote for any one particular finalist. Don't know if they ever changed that.  It just seemed to me that TPTB may have picked up on the fact that girls were able to pad their vote by recruiting lots of "voters" in advance ?

...yeesh, as if I'm some kind of conspiracy theorist... I need a shot of ? and to go to bed.... making no sense now. ?

I think what pushed Loren over Viv was her being a teacher. I know my students would come from hither and yonder to vote. 

I always thought there was vote padding. I voted multiple times. I wonder how many people actually voted.

also, all the FV girls had unique looks. They were all very photogenic ( except last year) that probably helped. Colby was pretty. I have those cheekbones. No fillers, and I'm 43.

@ShellyB:  Any idea when the 2017-18 squad photo will be posted in the Cowboys/DCC website? I noticed the R&B Dancers haven't posted their 2017-18 squad photo either and their squad was announced 2 months ago.

17 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB:  Any idea when the 2017-18 squad photo will be posted in the Cowboys/DCC website? I noticed the R&B Dancers haven't posted their 2017-18 squad photo either and their squad was announced 2 months ago.

I think that will coincide with the show! Not really sure about R&B's release.

7 minutes ago, nmvrn said:

Does anyone know how long Emma and Katy have been All-Stars? Love them!!

2014-15 was the last year they both were on the squad. I'm guessing they've been all stars since that.

• Love 1

@ShellyB Watching the game day videos that are posted, how do the girls keep up their energy dancing for 3-4 hours?  Especially with arriving at the stadium hours earlier for practice?  What do they eat thru out the day?  Do they eat during the game?  I realize that they have finished filming for the season, but would love to see a blog on the behind the scenes stuff.  

Also, do they still do the Game Day Sheets where they list what to pack, what music they are dancing to, who they are playing, etc?

23 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

@ShellyB Watching the game day videos that are posted, how do the girls keep up their energy dancing for 3-4 hours?  Especially with arriving at the stadium hours earlier for practice?  What do they eat thru out the day?  Do they eat during the game?  I realize that they have finished filming for the season, but would love to see a blog on the behind the scenes stuff.  

Also, do they still do the Game Day Sheets where they list what to pack, what music they are dancing to, who they are playing, etc?

I'm sure they eat before arriving to get on  the bus. Once at the stadium,  they rehearse pregame, quarter changes and in the case of this last game halftime. After rehearsal, there is a catered meal in the locker room, usually consists of a lean meat, veggies, salad and one "freebie", which this week was cheesy chicken  flautas. There is no time to eat during the game. They've  conditioned themselves throughout training camp to make it through the games.

I do not know if they do sheets...they usually have group texts for most team related things. The only print outs I see are the inspirational quotes that Lacey gives out to everyone.

• Love 4

Hi all. Longer time lurker first time poster. I love reading and following all DCC boards and decided to finally join in some fun. I tried out in 2013 and randomly came across all my tryout pictures and never realized but I had Jinelle in the background!!! So crazy. I also remember Vivian during tryouts because of her skirt lol 

IMG_1254.JPG

IMG_1252.JPG

• Love 15

I have always been very curious over learning the on field entrance. How do you know your foot is on the line when you are unable to look down? Is it something you can feel, or can you tell if you are in sync by staying in alignment with the other cheer leaders in your section? How difficult is it to learn?

1 hour ago, tinabee1967 said:

I have always been very curious over learning the on field entrance. How do you know your foot is on the line when you are unable to look down? Is it something you can feel, or can you tell if you are in sync by staying in alignment with the other cheer leaders in your section? How difficult is it to learn?

I thought about that too but a quick glance shouldn't be that difficult to do while youre dancing.

• Love 1

True, but I think K and J want you looking up at the stands and smiling the whole time. I would think a look down would make you appear distracted. If the camera guy is aimed in your general direction from a side angle, looking down would be a nono.

50 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:

Anybody with practice and rhythm hits their marks.

Apparently the amazing Gina looks down.  Either that or She  really really likes Heathers feet ??

IMG_1984.PNG

Edited by lfedncr
Spelling corrections
  • Love 2
Just now, HowdeeDo said:

Or she's blinking...

Yeaaahhhhhh no...chin is down and everyone else is up.  Then there is Rachel (I think that is the dark headed girl to left of Milan)  in the back on the total wrong leg going forward.  Omg what is this team coming to?  The world is ending lol JK

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Apparently the amazing Gina looks down.  Either that or She  really really likes Heathers feet ??

IMG_1984.PNG

Heather could hide an orange in that huge belly button hole. Jessika and new brunette have huge guts. What are they feeding these heifers?

• Love 1
On 9/18/2017 at 10:02 AM, tinabee1967 said:

peripheral vision and lots of practice so your body knows exactly what size steps to take to get there in the allotted time.  You can see your feet even if your head is looking up.  You also will occasionally glance down, but usually only when running between setups in the dances on the field - not so much on the entrance, that should be all peripheral vision. 

source: my 4 years of marching band. :-)

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 7