Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I always wondered what happened to Elizabeth Reuter.  She was everything they were looking for. her on't maknly issue being that she wasn't as toned/lean as they wanted her.  I think that, if she'd changed her diet a bit (depending on what she was originally eating), she would have lost the weight/toned up and made the squad.

She did audition again the next season but didn't even make it to finals .  

On 9/11/2022 at 1:26 PM, ByTor said:

That season was just on. The way K & J spoke about her was disgusting. Rolls...chubby cheeks...geez, I thought her cameo looked great. 

And Kelli telling her to up her cardio. I often cringe at the years and years of bad fitness advice on the show. Nutrition and light/moderate weight work would have gotten her to her fighting weight in no time. 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

And Kelli telling her to up her cardio. I often cringe at the years and years of bad fitness advice on the show. Nutrition and light/moderate weight work would have gotten her to her fighting weight in no time. 

Jay's advice wasn't much better either! I wish they'd have got actual experts in women's health to teach them all over the above together would help, not just cardio.

• Love 3

I tried workouts like Jay's, they always do nothing for me. Hitting the cardio heavy is the only thing that works for me. You'd think an "expert" like him  would know that not everybody's body is the same and reacts the same way to the same exercises. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4

I’ve had Pluto on as background noise for a while (“This is my song…and no one…can take it away..,), and a few questions came to mind:

1. In the pre-MTT days, some judges were allowed to have an individual pick for training camp — one that would automatically get in. Is that still the case?

2. How are the judges’ votes tabulated? Is it a straight count of Yes/No/Maybe, or are points assigned to each yes and maybe? I’m assuming there is a natural break in the totals and Kelli, Judy, & Charlotte look at candidates immediately above or below that break, and make adjustments. 

3. What percentage of DCCs make it on the team on their first try?

4. Have any DCCs besides Victoria been a Junior DCC? Maybe Cassie? 

Thanks! 

Edited by Pj3422
Verbs matter.
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

I’ve had Pluto on as background noise for a while (“This is my song…and no one…can take it away..,), and a few questions came to mind:

1. In the pre-MTT days, some judges were allowed to have an individual pick for training camp — one that would automatically get in. Is that still the case?

2. How are the judges’ votes tabulated? Is it a straight count of Yes/No/Maybe, or are points assigned to each yes and maybe? I’m assuming there is a natural break in the totals and Kelli, Judy, & Charlotte look at candidates immediately above or below that break, and make adjustments. 

3. What percentage of DCCs make it on the team on their first try?

Thanks! 

Cassie, Jennifer Amburn, Tori Skillings, and Deanna Hernandez (2005 MTT) were all Junior DCCs.  Those I know of but there might be more.

Regarding question #1 I never heard of it until I read this interview with a former DCC. She mentioned making the team because of this. Scroll down to the 3rd question.  

http://www.alumnicheerleaders.com/profiles/blogs/after-the-poms-with-dana-kilmer-former-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Pj3422 said:

Thanks! 

51 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Cassie, Jennifer Amburn, Tori Skillings, and Deanna Hernandez (2005 MTT) were all Junior DCCs.  Those I know of but there might be more.

Regarding question #1 I never heard of it until I read this interview with a former DCC. She mentioned making the team because of this. Scroll down to the 3rd question.  

http://www.alumnicheerleaders.com/profiles/blogs/after-the-poms-with-dana-kilmer-former-dallas-cowboys-cheerleader

I think Caila was junior DCC as well

• Love 4
On 11/11/2022 at 2:16 PM, MrsEVH said:

That’s a great article.  As much as I love the DCCMTT show, if we were in a time machine and DCCMTT existed in the Suzanne years, I can tell I would’ve surely loved it just as much!

• Love 2
On 10/5/2022 at 5:21 AM, ByTor said:

I tried workouts like Jay's, they always do nothing for me. Hitting the cardio heavy is the only thing that works for me. You'd think an "expert" like him  would know that not everybody's body is the same and reacts the same way to the same exercises. 

I met him at The Star a couple years ago. We were staying at The Omni and looking down out of the window at the Tostitos Plaza (little field) and my husband’s all like super casual with the “hey hon, isn’t that the Army dude from your DCC show?” I yelled from the bathroom “WHAT! WHERE!”🤣
To this day I still can’t believe my HUSBAND of all people recognized Jay 😂 from 10 floors up.  He was holding a private boot camp (no cheerleaders just regular folk) and literally kicking these peoples butts!  I ended up running into him face to face at Cowboys Fit. He was super kind and I marveled at how long and super duper lean he was!  …. It is literally true how TV adds 10 pounds (even in muscle mass)… his waist was like the size of my upper thigh 🤪   I also saw Shelly but the cat got my tongue. Regretted not at least saying hi.😏   Ran into former DCC Simone too at the front desk of the hotel bc at the time I believed she worked for the Omni.  She was also beyond kind. 💙

• Like 1
  • Love 4
On 11/22/2022 at 2:57 PM, StepKickClunk said:

I met him at The Star a couple years ago. We were staying at The Omni and looking down out of the window at the Tostitos Plaza (little field) and my husband’s all like super casual with the “hey hon, isn’t that the Army dude from your DCC show?” I yelled from the bathroom “WHAT! WHERE!”🤣
To this day I still can’t believe my HUSBAND of all people recognized Jay 😂 from 10 floors up.  He was holding a private boot camp (no cheerleaders just regular folk) and literally kicking these peoples butts!  I ended up running into him face to face at Cowboys Fit. He was super kind and I marveled at how long and super duper lean he was!  …. It is literally true how TV adds 10 pounds (even in muscle mass)… his waist was like the size of my upper thigh 🤪   I also saw Shelly but the cat got my tongue. Regretted not at least saying hi.😏   Ran into former DCC Simone too at the front desk of the hotel bc at the time I believed she worked for the Omni.  She was also beyond kind. 💙

I used to do Jay's bootcamps, they are tough!  I've met him in person a few times, he is super nice and encouraging during workouts.  And his wife is a trainer, too, she is also super nice and so pretty!  (She's been one of his helpers on the show before, but not sure if they called out that she was his wife, she has shorter blonde hair.)

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, aeroluv327 said:

I used to do Jay's bootcamps, they are tough!  I've met him in person a few times, he is super nice and encouraging during workouts.  And his wife is a trainer, too, she is also super nice and so pretty!  (She's been one of his helpers on the show before, but not sure if they called out that she was his wife, she has shorter blonde hair.)

Yes I remember his wife from several episodes and it seemed her and Sunny Cranfill were very close.  IIRC Sunny spent a year training with them to come back strong the year she made it (IMO she should’ve made it the first year). I know Jay gets a bad rap and he has certainly had some cringy sound bites (“big-boned” etc) but at least he puts his money where his mouth is and walks the walk…. unlike some of the other out of shape unqualified “experts” (aka the “carbonation causes cellulite” quack).  He was very kind to me and there were about 20 people (of very diverse body types) out there following his every order!😆  

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Mystery question: Does the DCC truly believe and start every season thinking they will cheer at the Superbowl? 

Setting aside the 27th year tragedy that happened this past Sunday, they would have faced a team that is- 14-3...And they seldom have home field advantage... when does the mystery end and logical realities set in ?

Edited by sATL
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 4
1 hour ago, sATL said:

Mystery question: Does the DCC truly believe and start every season thinking they will cheer at the Superbowl? 

Setting aside the 27th year tragedy that happened this past Sunday, they would have faced a team that is- 14-3...And they seldom have home field advantage... when does the mystery end and logical realities set in ?

To be honest anything can happen on any given Sunday or Saturday you just never know what will happen 

Edited by Holly85
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, sATL said:

They're the cheerleaders for the team. If they started the season assuming the team is going to lose that would be pretty sad. Or at the very least horrible optics if it got out. Although I think it's just "keep these dates free" level of assumption until they get further into the season. A few years ago (back when Danielle and Jenna were on the team) and the Cowboys were having a really good season, a local newscaster was at one of the practices and went live and Judy was saying how they had just sat down and planned out their schedule for the offseason.

• Like 6
On 10/4/2022 at 4:04 PM, DCC-UK said:

Jay's advice wasn't much better either! I wish they'd have got actual experts in women's health to teach them all over the above together would help, not just cardio.

I was rewatching and Jay met everyone at the grocery store.  He did say 2 things that are now being repeated in this day and age.  1.  If it has more than 5 ingredients do not eat it and 2. Eat your carbs by 3pm.  He didn’t like the popcorn for a snack?? I like it.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, TUOwl84 said:

This was Season 9 (2014 Rookie) Victoria.  

I thought that was her but it said Danielle. I thought maybe it's a girl from the earlier years (before MTT). 

On 5/31/2023 at 9:48 PM, MrsEVH said:

I thought that was her but it said Danielle. I thought maybe it's a girl from the earlier years (before MTT). 

Yes, I think it was a typo lol I bet you it was supposed to be a picture of Danielle and they put Victoria by mistake haha

• LOL 1
On 5/30/2023 at 10:13 PM, TUOwl84 said:

I stumbled across this article. Check out # 3 🤭🤣

https://sportsmonkie.com/hottest-nfl-cheerleaders/

I’ve got no room to talk here bc I’m fugly and fat, but this list is weird.🫣  It’s like a bot picked these girls randomly (especially bc of the Danielle error).  I wouldn’t have picked any of them for this list.  But of course the subject is definitely subjective and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. 

1 hour ago, Emma Snyder said:

LOL #10 looks like she's wearing a Colts uniform. It's definitely not Jets, wrong colors!

Also # 6 looks like it could be an Atlanta Falcons uniform or it could be Cardinals. Hard to tell. 

7 hours ago, StepKickClunk said:

Okay I LOVE me some Randy Steele. He’s always completely all in on DCC and I’m here for it.  I didn’t realize they get THREE pairs!  This was fun to watch, thanks for posting @Jazzmom 

You’re welcome!  Glad to find something current.  All these years I knew there were practice boots but not 3 pairs for each cheerleader!  Taking good care of those feet!  Boots off to Lucchese!

• Like 2
  • Love 2
19 minutes ago, Jazzmom said:

You’re welcome!  Glad to find something current.  All these years I knew there were practice boots but not 3 pairs for each cheerleader!  Taking good care of those feet!  Boots off to Lucchese!

Only new boots they get are their game day boots they don’t get 3 new pairs every year !! So like last seasons game day boots become appearance boots and then appearance boots from the season before become practice boots 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Only new boots they get are their game day boots they don’t get 3 new pairs every year !! So like last seasons game day boots become appearance boots and then appearance boots from the season before become practice boots 

Right, not saying every single year thereafter, but in that first Rookie year, they get 3 new pairs is how I understood the video. 

She said “each cheerleader gets 3 custom pairs, one for rehearsal, one for game day, and one for appearances, and more as needed“…to me that sounds like 3 pairs at once, as a Rookie.  Then the following veteran years you would only get your new game day pair and rotate the others into practice & appearance.

Edited by StepKickClunk
  • Like 2