Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, cherryblossom said:

So since the prep was online thus anyone in ant shape could have signed up, did anyone do this?  Would have been interested in who was teaching, Q & A portion etc.

Nope, I don't need to spend $30 to find out I can't dance 😛

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

So since the prep was online thus anyone in ant shape could have signed up, did anyone do this?  Would have been interested in who was teaching, Q & A portion etc.

I was going to sign up, got distracted and never went back.  Realized around 7 my time (PST) that the class was last night and just shrugged my shoulders.  Didn't have room in my small house anyways.  Besides, wasn't interested in being "featured" as one of those who didn't stand a chance because of weight.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
On 3/28/2020 at 8:52 AM, cherryblossom said:

I just posted over in the Auditions Speculation thread, but I signed up for the online prep class.  Due to technical difficulties, it was basically a live Q&A with Shelly B, Kelly, and Judy.  I had so much fun, though!  A few DCC were logged in and Ashlee encouraged people to try out, regardless of whether or not they felt their dance experience was lacking.

• Love 4

Hi everyone! I'm very new to the DCC world and just recently started watching the show. My question is, if a rookie makes show group, does that mean they automatically make the team? I've always wondered how that worked! Thanks everyone!

13 hours ago, SiddG said:

Hi everyone! I'm very new to the DCC world and just recently started watching the show. My question is, if a rookie makes show group, does that mean they automatically make the team? I've always wondered how that worked! Thanks everyone!

The explanation given on the show is that a rookie candidate who makes show group is considered an alternate on the show group who still needs to earn her spot on the team.

Welcome to DCC land and if you haven't already, be sure to check out Pluto TV to watch seasons 1-12 for free. You can watch on your computer, your phone, and/or your smart tv.  They just stream the show all day every day. https://pluto.tv/live-tv/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders

Edited by Meleighsa
to add the link to Pluto's DCC:MTT channel
5 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Sunni Cranfill made show group in Season 3, but was then cut in training camp.

That was her first year auditioning right?

21 hours ago, SiddG said:

No.  If a rookie makes SG they still have to make the team and are considered an alternate on SG if they do.

On 3/5/2020 at 8:05 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

There was a video posted of a GUY doing the Thunderstruck Choreo that was pretty good.  I can't seem to find it 😞

Turningtrickssince96 on instagram.

Why did they change salons so many times?

Why did they change boot companies?

(edited)
On 5/10/2020 at 1:09 AM, Teriyaki Terror said:

Turningtrickssince96 on instagram.

Why did they change salons so many times?

Why did they change boot companies?

Erm I think Rainer Schneck was their salon sponsor for about 12 years but he somehow stopped being their styling salon and they then used the current one since then ... I think. I maybe wrong ...

As for the boot company I thought they been using Lucchese since they started. thought it was always their cowboys boot that they used. Maybe not. I cant remember.

On 5/12/2020 at 5:52 AM, BethanyM said:

I was wondering if the rookies keep the pink outfits after they are cut?

I thought they do keep the outfits they get from finals and the ones given out from training camp?

Maybe @ShellyB could help with the correct info on that

Edited by UK-Fan
5 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Erm I think Rainer Schneck was their salon sponsor for about 12 years but he somehow stopped being their styling salon and they then used the current one since then ... I think. I maybe wrong ...

As for the boot company I thought they been using Lucchese since they started. thought it was always their cowboys boot that they used. Maybe not. I cant remember.

I thought they do keep the outfits they get from finals and the ones given out from training camp?

They keep the outfit given out at finals but not from TC. They have to return everything. 

3 minutes ago, DCC-UK said:

They keep the outfit given out at finals but not from TC. They have to return everything. 

Thanks I thought it was both of them they kept. Whoops. At least it was one of them they kept!!! I wonder what they do with the TCC outfits once that is over, its not like they reuse it another year etc.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Thanks I thought it was both of them they kept. Whoops. At least it was one of them they kept!!! I wonder what they do with the TCC outfits once that is over, its not like they reuse it another year etc.

They talked about that on a podcast - practice outfits and old pairs of boots are used again.  They said that KaShara got an outfit worn by Kinzie and I think it was Daphne who got KaShara's old boots.

(edited)
16 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

They talked about that on a podcast - practice outfits and old pairs of boots are used again.  They said that KaShara got an outfit worn by Kinzie and I think it was Daphne who got KaShara's old boots.

This the same old boots that Shelly or Kelly talked about years ago that they use only for TCC for field day and then they only get brand new ones when they actually make the squad? Really the reuse the practise outfits from TCC? They always seem to have new outfits in TCC every year.

Edited by UK-Fan

Yes, Tangerine salon, and Marshall have been the DCC salon for a few years, and Rainer Schneck, and Atelliere (spelling) were the hair and makeover sponsors before that.   But Rainer has opened another salon, and moved on.     From what I've read, the salons really supply a lot of free services for the sponsorship, which I'm sure mean a lot of customers, and great publicity.    

Was Capezio once their boot sponsor?    Before Lucchese?   

• Love 1
21 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

Several boot companies over the last 30 years...Dingo, Evening Star, Justin, Capezio, then Lucchese. There was also a company in between Dingo and Evening Star, but I can’t remember the name. 

When we first met Rainer, he worked at José Eber, our sponsor for 2 or 3 seasons. That salon was bought out by Premier Atelier, which Rainer remained with for several years. DCC was sponsored by Jean Philippe, also a former stylist with José Eber, for a season or two before moving to Premier Atelier. Rainer eventually left PA and opened his own, Pin Salon, but was never the sponsor. After 3-4 seasons with PA, DCC began a sponsorship with Tangerine. and before all of the salons, we were sponsored by Paul Neinast Salon. 

The only things the TCC keep are the outfits from finals and their Nikes. Everything else is returned.

• Useful 5
  • Love 6

I'm binge watching previous seasons and I noticed several times Kelly told the TCCs they are required to be camera-ready at all times, including when coming to practice.  Yet I see plenty of them coming in wearing shorts, sweats and very casual attire suitable for working out.  Does "camera-ready" only apply to hair and makeup for practices?

• Love 1
On 6/14/2020 at 11:27 AM, ShellyB said:

Several boot companies over the last 30 years...Dingo, Evening Star, Justin, Capezio, then Lucchese. There was also a company in between Dingo and Evening Star, but I can’t remember the name. 

When we first met Rainer, he worked at José Eber, our sponsor for 2 or 3 seasons. That salon was bought out by Premier Atelier, which Rainer remained with for several years. DCC was sponsored by Jean Philippe, also a former stylist with José Eber, for a season or two before moving to Premier Atelier. Rainer eventually left PA and opened his own, Pin Salon, but was never the sponsor. After 3-4 seasons with PA, DCC began a sponsorship with Tangerine. and before all of the salons, we were sponsored by Paul Neinast Salon. 

The only things the TCC keep are the outfits from finals and their Nikes. Everything else is returned.

Oh, I didn't know that Jean Philippe was a former sponsor!  I used to work next to his salon on Lovers, his wife and kids were so sweet.  I used to get my nails done in his salon (my hairdresser was somewhere else), he ran a great salon.

(edited)
On 6/22/2020 at 8:43 AM, eyelash said:

I'm binge watching previous seasons and I noticed several times Kelly told the TCCs they are required to be camera-ready at all times, including when coming to practice.  Yet I see plenty of them coming in wearing shorts, sweats and very casual attire suitable for working out.  Does "camera-ready" only apply to hair and makeup for practices?

Well they're going to change into their pink and blue practice outfits for TC, so I think of course they're just going to come in wearing their regular clothes. I don't think they have a problem with that, but they do have to have their hair and makeup done. 

Edited by pinkandsparkly13
Added more
  • Love 1

Here is an excerpt from the Audition FAQs.  I thought this was especially interesting since there was discussion of whether or not there was an "S" on "Cowboy(s)".

"Please work through the US consulate/embassy in your home country to obtain the proper visa for audition travel, and be mindful of extended timeline should you be selected as a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader

YOU SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF LAWFUL ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

Was it Charlotte that asked that question of a candidate?

On 6/22/2020 at 9:43 AM, eyelash said:

On 6/25/2020 at 12:23 PM, pinkandsparkly13 said:

Well they're going to change into their pink and blue practice outfits for TC, so I think of course they're just going to come in wearing their regular clothes. I don't think they have a problem with that, but they do have to have their hair and makeup done. 

Where I live all fitness center and gym locker rooms are closed at the moment.  If Texas is following the same rules I don't see how a TCC could change into practice outfits at The Star.

4 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Here is an excerpt from the Audition FAQs.  I thought this was especially interesting since there was discussion of whether or not there was an "S" on "Cowboy(s)".

"Please work through the US consulate/embassy in your home country to obtain the proper visa for audition travel, and be mindful of extended timeline should you be selected as a Dallas Cowboy’s Cheerleader

YOU SHOULD BE EXPECTED TO PROVIDE PROOF OF LAWFUL ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA."

Where I live all fitness center and gym locker rooms are closed at the moment.  If Texas is following the same rules I don't see how a TCC could change into practice outfits at The Star.

A lot of the ladies already come with them on with other shorts and shirt on top 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Yep she asked Jordan Baum (or I think it was Jordan Baum but it was one of the 3 Jordan on the squad that year, if I remember correctly) that question and she replied with no theres no "s" on it.

Maybe the TCC's could just turn up in the practise wears? I mean on the show we see them just putting a top and trousers on top of the practise uniforms.

But I don;t know the Texas rules on easing lockdown rules I just think some of it was .... "bleugh" but each state to its own rules

• Useful 1
26 minutes ago, UK-Fan said:

Yep she asked Jordan Baum (or I think it was Jordan Baum but it was one of the 3 Jordan on the squad that year, if I remember correctly) that question and she replied with no theres no "s" on it.

Maybe the TCC's could just turn up in the practise wears? I mean on the show we see them just putting a top and trousers on top of the practise uniforms.

But I don;t know the Texas rules on easing lockdown rules I just think some of it was .... "bleugh" but each state to its own rules

It's crazy because there were judges and other people on the show that called them Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders over the years, even Jay. Lol who cares if I get it wrong, your judges have been saying it wrong too! That wouldn't fly, but I'm just saying. 

Yeah like Holly said, I guess they wear their practice outfits under their regular clothes. If they didn't, and they can't change in the locker room anymore, they can do that now. And to be fair the original poster was talking about past seasons before social distancing and things being closed. 

• Useful 1
(edited)

If I have to pick a typo it’ll be Dallas Cowboy over Dallas Cowboy’s all day long and twice on Tuesday. Booooo apostrophe errors. 

Tho I still shudder when I hear anyone get it wrong - that episode has stuck with me.

Edited by kalibean
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)
23 hours ago, pinkandsparkly13 said:

It's crazy because there were judges and other people on the show that called them Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders over the years, even Jay. Lol who cares if I get it wrong, your judges have been saying it wrong too! That wouldn't fly, but I'm just saying. 

Yeah like Holly said, I guess they wear their practice outfits under their regular clothes. If they didn't, and they can't change in the locker room anymore, they can do that now. And to be fair the original poster was talking about past seasons before social distancing and things being closed. 

23 hours ago, kalibean said:

If I have to pick a typo it’ll be Dallas Cowboy over Dallas Cowboy’s all day long and twice on Tuesday. Booooo apostrophe errors. 

Tho I still shudder when I hear anyone get it wrong - that episode has stuck with me.

I know and this is something I've said in other posts. The thing with Kelli, Judy and Charlotte is that they are NOT consistent with what they say and what they want and what they do. They let it slide with one person and then pick a problem with someone else over the same thing eg with the "s" in Dallas cowboys etc. This happens with every employer but Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are practically promoting double standards/favoritism on national tv, which they need to be careful with, but looks like they aren't really that careful to be honest and if we are judging by what we have seen from what was shown on tv and if they were to be reading this they better take that into consideration. Charlotte is consistantly telling everyone that it is a privilege to work for the Dallas Cowboys and yet the consistency of what they put out on national tv does not make it a privilege it makes them look stupid with the double standards (yes double standards happen with every company but how many have their double standards shown on national tv?)

Edited by UK-Fan
11 hours ago, UK-Fan said:

They let it slide with one person and then pick a problem with someone else over the same thing eg with the "s" in Dallas cowboys etc. This happens with every employer but Kelli, Judy and Charlotte are practically promoting double standards/favoritism on national tv.

To some extent I get it though. If they have an amazing dancer, or a stunner and she messes up on something small of course they are going to let it slide. She has all but one thing. If a girl is an okay dancer, kind of pretty but messes up the exact same thing she's just not worth putting the effort into. I'm pretty sure this happens at every audition everywhere, as well as every interview everywhere. Hell, if they have three tall, lean, blue eyed blonds with the same dance level, they're going to only take one, maybe two, and little things like how to say the company name is going to make the difference. 

I don't like it when it happens to someone I liked, but I get there is a hell of a lot more going on in the decision process than what we're shown. Personally, the decision making is fascinating to me so I'd rather see more of that and less of a lot of the other stuff, like dancer bios, workout sessions (which were more prominent in the earlier seasons). The only "fluff" I don't want to lose is the makeovers. I always love the makeovers. 

1 minute ago, Mabinogia said:

To some extent I get it though. If they have an amazing dancer, or a stunner and she messes up on something small of course they are going to let it slide. She has all but one thing. If a girl is an okay dancer, kind of pretty but messes up the exact same thing she's just not worth putting the effort into. I'm pretty sure this happens at every audition everywhere, as well as every interview everywhere. Hell, if they have three tall, lean, blue eyed blonds with the same dance level, they're going to only take one, maybe two, and little things like how to say the company name is going to make the difference. 

I don't like it when it happens to someone I liked, but I get there is a hell of a lot more going on in the decision process than what we're shown. Personally, the decision making is fascinating to me so I'd rather see more of that and less of a lot of the other stuff, like dancer bios, workout sessions (which were more prominent in the earlier seasons). The only "fluff" I don't want to lose is the makeovers. I always love the makeovers. 

Totally agree. During this pandemic I just think some of the "Kelli rules" needs to be relaxed a little, eg with illnesses. The girls shouldn't go into the studios if they are ill (despite Kelli's rule of going in even if you are ill) during this time. But instead, as I say, maybe have them connected during eg a conference/video call eg skype or something and that way they are safe at home and not spreading the illness but they could be doing that day's training there via video call. Yes it would be a little harder to costantly switch to the screen of video call to watch etc. But that would be a better solution during this pandemic. Better than nothing right? The sports world is extremely hard which ever sport you are in because there are always someone better than you but during this time leniency needs to be given. 

As for make overs, I'd hope and bet they will do this near the end of the tcc which I assume would prob be nearer Sept time if it is still a 2 month training camp thing for this year. But knowing Kelli she would prob still do them but at whatever time she did them in previous years.

• Love 2
On 6/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, kalibean said:

I know but the apostrophe error irks the heck out of me!! 😉 

• Love 3
On 7/2/2020 at 1:14 AM, CrazyMoon said:

It's actually Cowboys' (plural possessive)....ain't grammar fun!?!?!?

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This annoys the daylights out of me, probably because I teach English. It annoys me even further when I watch episodes were Charlotte herself says Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders with no s. UGH UGH UGH

• Love 5
17 hours ago, CailynA said:

Thank you, thank you, thank you! This annoys the daylights out of me, probably because I teach English. It annoys me even further when I watch episodes were Charlotte herself says Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders with no s. UGH UGH UGH

Because Charlotte and Kelli and Judy does not understand the word "consistency" when it comes to being "a manager".

• Love 2

Question:  On the application for DCC do they list stuff like where they go/went to college or anything like that? Watching Season 9 and it seems like because they featured Melissa Wallace that Kelli was impressed with her for studying Mechanical Engineering with a Pre Medical specialty and a minor in dance.

Side note:  The only other person I know that has gotten a Mechanical Engineering degree is my MALE cousin.

14 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Question:  On the application for DCC do they list stuff like where they go/went to college or anything like that? Watching Season 9 and it seems like because they featured Melissa Wallace that Kelli was impressed with her for studying Mechanical Engineering with a Pre Medical specialty and a minor in dance.

Side note:  The only other person I know that has gotten a Mechanical Engineering degree is my MALE cousin.

My friend's daughter will be majoring in Mechanical Engineering.  She wants to be a Disney Imagineer.

• Love 1
On 7/11/2020 at 12:23 AM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I actually have three close female friends who are mechanical and biomedical engineers...yay GIRL POWER!!

• Love 4

This may be a dumb question for someone (like me!) who has no dance background, but when the leaders of each group "call" the dance when the music comes on, does that mean they start counting when they hear the music or does it mean that they actually choose what dance the group will do?

2 minutes ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

This may be a dumb question for someone (like me!) who has no dance background, but when the leaders of each group "call" the dance when the music comes on, does that mean they start counting when they hear the music or does it mean that they actually choose what dance the group will do?

When the music comes on the leader automatically starts up a dance and the ladies must follow she has abt 5 seconds

Hello! I;ve been trying to find the answer to this question, hopefully this is the right forum to ask it-I’m not from the US, so could anyone could shed light on how DCC are place compared to other sideline cheerleaders? I assumed past experience for another team said a lot about dance ability, but I’ve learnt that’s not always the case. e.g. I’m confused about the fact Kat danced for Hornets for 4 years yet she struggled in TC & only just made the team. Savvy also came from NY jets yet coming into her 4th year has not been a group leader or in showgroup and seemed to struggle with memory in TC. Is the DCC style and choreography unique (I know the kick lines unique but these girl seem to struggle with more than that)? Are there more dances to remember? Do more girls try out for DCC? I’m also suprised that Alexis, Alanna and Briana, while they are all clearly decent, danced professionally previously but never made Showgroup and don’t seem to be stand outs to judges & TBTB. Sorry if this a dumb question!

5 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Are there more dances to remember?

I'm pretty sure i've heard a few times that by the end of training camp they normally learn approx 50 routines. Also been mentioned that it's usually a new routine each night or at least at the beginning it seems. I don't know what it's like in other teams but that is a lot of new choreography to learn. Pretty sure there's repeats though so it's not as much pressure usually once you're a vet because you've already got a lot under your belt.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, BulaKitty said:

I'm pretty sure i've heard a few times that by the end of training camp they normally learn approx 50 routines. Also been mentioned that it's usually a new routine each night or at least at the beginning it seems. I don't know what it's like in other teams but that is a lot of new choreography to learn. 

I didn’t think of that, thanks!

41 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

As to any TCC that "struggled" remember it is a TV show.  Drama sells.   There are a few here that definitely knows what goes on behind the scenes and tell the "rest of the story."

Good reminder, I should take it with a grain of salt. In Kat’s case though, she has said herself she struggled to pick up choreography, so that was part of what got me thinking. The show could have made this issue seem worse than it is though.
thanks for your responses 🙂 

Edited by perrie97

There are also different styles of dance, so even if they've got previous dance experience, it may be different than DCC's style.  Meredith really struggled with power because that wasn't her background.  NBA dance teams are typically more hip-hop, which is a lot of power, but less technical.  At least that's what I've heard them say on the show several times.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Is the DCC style and choreography unique?  I’m also suprised that Alexis, Alanna and Briana, while they are all clearly decent, danced professionally previously but never made Showgroup and don’t seem to be stand outs to judges & TBTB. Sorry if this a dumb question!

I remember it also being said that their routines typically have more moves. For example, another team's choreo may have one move on every count, whereas a DCC routine may have a move on the half-beat, too. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, perrie97 said:

Good reminder, I should take it with a grain of salt. In Kat’s case though, she has said herself she struggled to pick up choreography, so that was part of what got me thinking.

Yes you are correct with Kat.   I do remember her saying that.  No telling how this year's TC will be skewed.