Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
bigskygirl

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

Recommended Posts

Since a few of you have questions about the ins and outs of the DCC organization, I decided to open a thread to get answers to questions like how to find all the seasons of Making the Team, how much do the girls get paid, etc. etc. Please remember this thread is just for questions and answers discussion. Rules apply.

Share this post


Link to post

I would like to know if DCC pays for all doctor bills, surgery and rehab bills for girls injured, even in training camp, or do they have to carry private insurance?  Probably some type of release has to be signed to try out and I wonder what is said about insurance.

Share this post


Link to post

*lol* I believe the girls who get injured in TC have their surgery taken care of by the DCC organization. Rachel was injured in Season 7 during TC, and she was sent to a Dallas Cowboys doctor. They do have a private trainer now to help girls who are injured during TC.

Share this post


Link to post

If Kelli and Judy only show up once a week to watch TCC, what do they do the rest of the week?  Do they work a regular 37-40 hour week?  Do they both have an office?  I do realize that management of the cheerleaders is a huge responsibility but just wonder about the hours really worked.

Share this post


Link to post

We see that Kelli has an office but I don't know that we have ever seen where Judy's office is.  I imagine there is a lot of work with arranging for other groups to work with DCC, promotional items, the calendar etc.  I know that people have talked about Judy's stool she sits on in Kelli's office.  She would like to sit in something else but said it even has it's own twitter following!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I would like to know what qualifies former dcc as all stars. Kelli and Judy say they bring all stars in but never say why they are all stars. Is it 5 year vets, former group leaders???

Share this post


Link to post

I believe that they have to have 3 years of experience and be approved by K & J but seem to remember that someone became an all star recently with just 2 years of experience.

Share this post


Link to post

Carisa and Olivia (Sharber, formerly Carter) both became All Stars after two years. The general consensus is that there weren't enough girls with longer tenure who wanted to do it that year.

Edited by Oranaiche

Share this post


Link to post

Do the girls have to be "camera ready" on non cmt aka non Kelli/Judy nights or can they wear there hair in a bun and dress in their own clothes? What a pain in the ass to do your hair and makeup like that night after night . 

One more.  Why are some cuts not shown?  It's widely known that Amy Reese threatened a lawsuit but there were girls in both season 6 & 7 that just disappeared.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

CMT today started the 2015-2016 season reruns.  It showed the semi-final girls on the field learning some combinations and the kick line before facing the veterans.

How much time is actually spent on this portion?   Surely it is more than an hour or two?

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Gabrielle Tracy said:

I found The Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders movie on Youtube and watched the entire, painful thing!  I noticed that, asked from both the shorts and the poms being A LOT bigger in 1979, the choreography looks like it was easier (or at least slower).  Of course, that's all through my untrained eye.  Do any of you dancers have an opinion?

I could agree with this. I think dance has evolved a lot from the earlier days with the popularity of hip hop, etc. I feel that is more "cheer" dancing in the past with more basic moves.

Share this post


Link to post

Off topic: how do you find out that a DCC has been given a weight warning? I can't imagine that would be something they would share on social media. Just curious.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

Off topic: how do you find out that a DCC has been given a weight warning? I can't imagine that would be something they would share on social media. Just curious.

Me too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

The times I've heard have been from insiders. So it's whether you personally choose to believe it (I do). But yeah, don't think I've ever seen a girl post "on weight watch again! Teehee!" Lol honestly, I think many are on and off it all year. It's more like, who has never been on weight watch? ? 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

This is what I have heard- They have a sort of set guidelines list corresponding with height and weight (example: 5'2 you should weigh 113 or under.. 5'3 117 or under...etc). Of course these are guidelines and exceptions can be made, plus things like how much muscle a girl has (or if she has fake tits lol) are taken into consideration.   In TC they weigh you, and this is the weight you must be at for the duration of the season. I think you're allowed like 2 or 3 lbs of fluctuation before things start getting serious. I have heard that they weigh in front of everyone, which would explain why everyone knows if you're on weight watch. I also have heard that sometimes they have weighed on fridays, and the girls know ahead so they starve themselves all week. After weighing, they pig out all weekend. I do think there are occasional surprise weigh-ins too, as well as some back-toback. Like they might get weighed on Fri, pig out all weekend and think they're good and then Surprise! random weigh-in next week.

Edited by grapevine
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Easier said than done, but if they just ate healthy they wouldn't have the issue with the starving-pigging out cycle.  I've heard Jinelle is a healthy eater, and I would be shocked if I ever heard she had a weight warning.  I have a feeling Jenna is probably similar. 

Share this post


Link to post

The problem is that in a way some of the girls set themselves up for failure. So many girls come to auditions with a weight that is unnatural for their build and they have been extreme dieting in preparation to even be considered for the team. Now, if they make it to training camp they are pretty much forced to stick to that weight, no matter what lengths they must go to to maintain it. Everyone has different body types and whats normal and healthy for one girl may be sickly for another. The fact of the matter is that some girls just don't have the build for DCC. A few names come to mind of girls who made the team but don't have the body for it, and I believe this is why they were cut as veterans.

Edited by grapevine
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, grapevine said:

This is what I have heard- They have a sort of set guidelines list corresponding with height and weight (example: 5'2 you should weigh 113 or under.. 5'3 117 or under...etc). Of course these are guidelines and exceptions can be made, plus things like how much muscle a girl has (or if she has fake tits lol) are taken into consideration.   In TC they weigh you, and this is the weight you must be at for the duration of the season. I think you're allowed like 2 or 3 lbs of fluctuation before things start getting serious. I have heard that they weigh in front of everyone, which would explain why everyone knows if you're on weight watch. I also have heard that sometimes they have weighed on fridays, and the girls know ahead so they starve themselves all week. After weighing, they pig out all weekend. I do think there are occasional surprise weigh-ins too, as well as some back-toback. Like they might get weighed on Fri, pig out all weekend and think they're good and then Surprise! random weigh-in next week.

This is 100% true and it was a standout in MTT8. Vivian was given shizz because she didn't weigh 113 and was 5'3".. no regard to muscle vs. fat or different body types. It is all about the number, which is not realistic or as Chelsea said maintainable. They also post everyone's weight in the locker room for all to see, with the girls at the higher end highlighted (!).  Kelsi Reich detailed this after she left the team.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

To their credit, though, didn't Kelli acknowledge that Vivian was muscular & that it wouldn't be healthy to make her lose weight?

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

She did a couple of times I think, once to Miss Kitty. And I think also during cameos, something like "I don't see a healthy reason to tell her to lose weight".

But then I think when they were cutting her and Vivian was all "just give me 3 weeks, 2 weeks" she seemed to backtrack and say she did need to be lower and she needed to take the time to do it healthily.

I know way too much about the Vivian years, LOL.

Edited by SanLynn

Share this post


Link to post

I have 2 questions and I don't know where to post because I don't want to derail the tryouts thread or offend anyone.  (Mods, please just delete if this is inappropriate)

1. Do some of the DCC really use cocaine? Past or present? I only ask because I was doing some internet snooping and I thought a former DCC looked like she had been using cocaine.  

2.  I know we discussed in detail, but as a woman, I just, don't get it! Please- insiders, dancers, someone tell me.  How opaque are the tights? If the shorts were to slip, will the women be covered up enough? Have you guys seen the pics of he kickline from the back when their legs are on each other's backs?  Please tell me that the tights/hose are like leggings- like not see through at all.  

Edited by omgtv · Reason: I was rambling.

Share this post


Link to post

@omgtv I always heard that the tights were the same ones the hooters girls wear (LOL). It makes sense though because hooters girls have equally as short shorts and I imagine even the tiniest thing can show lines as well. 

The tights have a little color and lots of sheen to them and are very supportive. But they are see through! I think there might be room for accident. I imagine waxing is a big concern..

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, twinkietwin94 said:

What's the longest anyone has ever been a DCC? 

seven years I think is the record? Sydney should have done one more year and made a new record lol 

Share this post


Link to post

Yeah I think it's eight! Because I remember seeing something like "I can't believe she didn't do one more year to tie the record"

Share this post


Link to post

The alleged cocaine consumption was in the 80s.

dance tights are thicker and more opaque than normal sheer panty hose. Ballet tights are usually slightly textured, but none are ask thick as leggings.

Share this post


Link to post

Yes. Past and present have at least dabbled in cocaine. Not all, but some.

 

yes, we use hooters tights, specifically diva hosiery. Little know fact, hooters uses different brands. I know Courtney told me on tbbc they used hooters tights but it was a brand called peavy. Most girls wear suntan c, it's a universal color and size.

Edited by dalgal214

Share this post


Link to post

Now I suspected Courtney was just Adderal crazy but who knows.

 

 

image.jpegback to tights - you can kind of see how dance tights are thicker and more opaque. I always liked these more than the footed convertible ones with holes in the bottom

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

What's the longest anyone has ever been a DCC? 

Vonceil Baker is the longest tenured DCC with eight years. Sydney was two years away from setting a new (most likely unbreakable) record. She should have went for gold, now she is just tied for number two with Vanessa Baker lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

Yes. Past and present have at least dabbled in cocaine. Not all, but some.

 

yes, we use hooters tights, specifically diva hosiery. Little know fact, hooters uses different brands. I know Courtney told me on tbbc they used hooters tights but it was a brand called peavy. Most girls wear suntan c, it's a universal color and size.

Yep! Those Peavy tights were the only ones I could wear with those tiny orange short-shorts at (back in 1990).  I remember the day we got fitted for them "do you want size small, extra small or extra-extra small?"  Ummm, I guess I'll take small (worried that my size medium was going to muffin-top over the edge of those shorts).  You still had to cut the waistband on them so you could bend over without the elastic band showing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Well, without calling out anyone by name...remember a few years back when a majority of seasoned vets retired? They'd be from that batch. Two in particular that hung together. One was a blonde close with Courtney Cook and who married a baseball player after retiring (not Brooke), and the other was her buddy with a chin length a-line bob, and was way into fashion (not Sidney)...I hate to reheat reheated leftovers, but I tend to believe the party girl "cola" allegations from their tweet pics at clubs and such. If it's true, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. I personally think meh, so they did a little blow. Big whoop. The reason I mention it is because of the squeaky clean image of the DCCs so I always lick my chops when they present themselves as human. Makes me like them more.

I soooooooooo wish I could figure this out.  I'm even looking at old lists trying to figure it out.

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, ChlcGirl said:

I soooooooooo wish I could figure this out.  I'm even looking at old lists trying to figure it out.

I KNOW!!!  Me too!! 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

Well, without calling out anyone by name...remember a few years back when a majority of seasoned vets retired? They'd be from that batch. Two in particular that hung together. One was a blonde close with Courtney Cook and who married a baseball player after retiring (not Brooke), and the other was her buddy with a chin length a-line bob, and was way into fashion (not Sidney)...I hate to reheat reheated leftovers, but I tend to believe the party girl "cola" allegations from their tweet pics at clubs and such. If it's true, I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. I personally think meh, so they did a little blow. Big whoop. The reason I mention it is because of the squeaky clean image of the DCCs so I always lick my chops when they present themselves as human. Makes me like them more.

I have a good idea who you are talking about. The one blonde who is close with Courtney Cook is married to a Dallas Fire Department Firefighter and had a baby in February and is a good friend with someone who came on the team in Season 2. Am I close to the girls you are talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
41 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

I was under the impression her hubby was a baseball player because he was rather well known in the Dallas community, and I somehow threw baseball in there. Clearly I don't know what he does for a living, but by cracky, I could tell you what breed of dog he'd be!

Well apparently not the kind that helps cops sniff out drugs

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Drogo

Click here to read the rules before posting.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size