Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

I want to know if the last mass exodus was cheerleader initiated or if Kelli and Judy strongly hinted that the girls should bow out gracefully, on their own terms, instead of being embarrassed at finals. The 2010 squad was an all around mess (drugs, mean girls, fraternizing with players.... all alleged of course ;) )... half their rookies didn't return. The squad needed a good cleansing but who led the charge?

4 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Besides Sydney and Trisha Trevino, were there any other DCCs from the MTT era (2005 -current) that went 6 or more years? 

Nope. 

Rumor was always that if the organization really liked a girl who was on the verge of being cut next year for weight or whatever, they'd suggest they send their retirement letter. Informally inform off the records of course.

Now going really old school and maybe pre MTT or the first season, does anyone else remember rumors of some literal cat fighting between one girl who started dating another's boyfriend and married him, or ex or something.  Back in the Crystal Risher Weir / Brandi Redmond etc days. 

• Love 1

I am watching the reruns on CMT and was wondering, why did they change the music when the cheerleaders dance?  The closed caption says "Move, by Little Mix" but some twangy music comes on instead.  I noticed that lately all the "Making the Team" shows have changed their music.  I wonder why??  Does anyone know? 

• Love 1

I've spoken to some alumni (think the finglass days) and yes, they would receive either a letter or have a meeting about suggested retirement. It basically be "youre getting cut unless you lose 5 lbs, or get your kicks higher, stop partying" you get the just. if they could prove that they changed they would keep their place on the team. if they didn't improve enough they were cut. of course, some girls were flat out told "don't come back"

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, kgirl38 said:

HAHA just googled her as well.  OMG is right.

I am actually sitting here with my mouth hanging open after googling her. I suppose I should have expected that with the OMG comments but somehow I wasn't. LOL

2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Oh my gosh I need to unsee the info on Tobie!

You and me both! Holy crackers.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, dalgal214 said:

I've spoken to some alumni (think the finglass days) and yes, they would receive either a letter or have a meeting about suggested retirement. It basically be "youre getting cut unless you lose 5 lbs, or get your kicks higher, stop partying" you get the just. if they could prove that they changed they would keep their place on the team. if they didn't improve enough they were cut. of course, some girls were flat out told "don't come back"

Sorry for two posts in a row (I suck at editing to add a quote what can I say) but I wonder if they still do this (aka Caila this year). I'm not sure which I'd find more disturbing, them having that convo and Caila still showing up anyway or them not having the convo and letting her show up knowing they were gonna cut her.

Not asking you to share info @dalgal214 just thinking out loud. I'm really eager to see the details about what happened with her.

Edited by SanLynn
Added spoiler tags since my post spec hasn't aired yet.
  • Love 2

OK, I have an other question, this one about visible body hair, namely in the bikini area. Those shorts are smaller than some people's underwear. Is it a requirement that they get waxed, or is it up to them how they remove the hair? Is this unsaid, or are there specific instructions? I imagine it would be very embarrassing if someone had some hair slip out and it was visible, especially since it was said above that the tights are translucent for the most part. 

Also, again, very personal, but what about their menstruation cycle and needing to change their feminine product? If they are dancing and visible on the field for 4 hours+ like Kelli always says, that could leave for some major disasters with the white shorts! 

Sorry if TMI, but it is something that I have wondered about since day one (coming from someone with a heavy cycle). Maybe they get short breaks? I would be beyond petrified that I would have a leak and a red spot on the back of those tiny white shorts. 

One more is about their makeup and hair. Is there a specific brand of makeup that they have to use that lasts through sweating and doesn't smudge (both foundation and eye makeup)? Also, about the hair, how does it not look sweaty after a lot of dancing? I remember one episode where Kitty (or was it Stephanie Wheat) said that she wanted everyone to be sweating, and Judy commented that someone looked like they had taken a dip in the pool because of how wet her hair was. How come they don't look like they have taken a dip in a pool on the field? 

I know for me, my hair gets absolutely drenched when I exercise with a lot of gusto. 

What do they do that makes them look so dry? This is so baffling to me!! You never see any sweat, and even the arm pit areas of the blue blouse never look like they have sweat. I know they wear deodorant/antiperspirant, but with the a out of moving they are doing... I just don't get it!! 

5 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think Kelli gets paid six figures, and Judy gets paid less than Kelli (read that someplace but do not know if it is true.)

Thank you! Wow, Judy gets less? I wonder if that causes hard feelings? I wonder if Kelli has had to negotiate for raises, since it seems that she does a lot and probably has changed the role of her job from the previous people, over time? Or, has Charlotte swept in and offered her the generous salary? 

• Love 1

The music thing always amuses me, considering what stays and goes. They must have bought the rights to two Calvin Harris songs, because We Found Love (feat Rihanna) and Feel So Close are still in the repeats and iTunes seasons. 

We Found Love is one of my favorite workout songs and when Feel So Close came on the radio the other day I was like, where the heck do I know this from? Oh yes...training camp  

Maybe Calvin Harris wasn't as popular back then or maybe he's just a fan of the DCC ;)  Still thought him and Swiftie were perfect together (hot goobers) but Hiddleston seems awesome too. Ah, Hollywood love. 

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

OK, I have an other question, this one about visible body hair, namely in the bikini area. Those shorts are smaller than some people's underwear. Is it a requirement that they get waxed, or is it up to them how they remove the hair? Is this unsaid, or are there specific instructions? I imagine it would be very embarrassing if someone had some hair slip out and it was visible, especially since it was said above that the tights are translucent for the most part. 

Also, again, very personal, but what about their menstruation cycle and needing to change their feminine product? If they are dancing and visible on the field for 4 hours+ like Kelli always says, that could leave for some major disasters with the white shorts! 

Sorry if TMI, but it is something that I have wondered about since day one (coming from someone with a heavy cycle). Maybe they get short breaks? I would be beyond petrified that I would have a leak and a red spot on the back of those tiny white shorts. 

One more is about their makeup and hair. Is there a specific brand of makeup that they have to use that lasts through sweating and doesn't smudge (both foundation and eye makeup)? Also, about the hair, how does it not look sweaty after a lot of dancing? I remember one episode where Kitty (or was it Stephanie Wheat) said that she wanted everyone to be sweating, and Judy commented that someone looked like they had taken a dip in the pool because of how wet her hair was. How come they don't look like they have taken a dip in a pool on the field? 

I know for me, my hair gets absolutely drenched when I exercise with a lot of gusto. 

What do they do that makes them look so dry? This is so baffling to me!! You never see any sweat, and even the arm pit areas of the blue blouse never look like they have sweat. I know they wear deodorant/antiperspirant, but with the a out of moving they are doing... I just don't get it!! 

Thank you! Wow, Judy gets less? I wonder if that causes hard feelings? I wonder if Kelli has had to negotiate for raises, since it seems that she does a lot and probably has changed the role of her job from the previous people, over time? Or, has Charlotte swept in and offered her the generous salary? 

Ok we have had a more detailed discussion I believe either on this thread or another.  Yes they get Brazilians and I imagine group leaders etc provide a lot of guidance.  Menses can be controlled by pills that drop them to once every 3 months or just yearly or whenever you want it.  Don't know about specific makeup and I think that their hair sprayed hard may be more resistant to being wet.

• Love 1

I think they all have different opinions on what makeup is the best, was it Raylee that made a post on her blog about some of her favorites?

21 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

Of course Judy gets less......Kelli is the Director.  I would think that Judy would negotiate for her own raise?  Negotiating for someone else would be completely inappropriate.  At least at my job it would be. 

7 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

They used to have contracts with Bedhead and maybe Two Faced  cosmetics (which is a horrible makeup brand from my experience). Or was it Hard Candy?

Oh, really? I will try to look into that. For some reason I am super interested in that aspect! 

5 minutes ago, kgirl38 said:

Of course Judy gets less......Kelli is the Director.  I would think that Judy would negotiate for her own raise?  Negotiating for someone else would be completely inappropriate.  At least at my job it would be. 

Oh, no, I meant Kelli negotiating for her own raise, not for Judy! LOL No, I just meant that I wonder if when Kelli came in at first her salary was low, and if she has had to ask for more as she has transformed the team, or if it was not an issue and was acknowledged by management. Clearly, Kelli seems to have added so much value to the team since she took over. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Dccfanatic said:

They used to have contracts with Bedhead and maybe Two Faced  cosmetics (which is a horrible makeup brand from my experience). Or was it Hard Candy?

It was Bedhead for sure.  Not certain of the cosmetics brand.

Am I the only one that wonders about those binders they hand out at the first Valley Ranch meeting?  They are HUGE.  They give me nightmares from vet school lol.  Can any insider shed some light? 

• Love 3

Kelli brings the stylist from Halcyon Salon to practice, specifically the Stephanie Dibiase workshop, and then spills all the tea to this stylist about putting Veronica on weight probation.  Since when is a hair stylist someone to discuss veteran weight management? The gossip sides of Kelli and Judy wear me out.  Anyone else? Just watched that ep and it really got under my skin even two years later! 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Josreason said:

Kelli brings the stylist from Halcyon Salon to practice, specifically the Stephanie Dibiase workshop, and then spills all the tea to this stylist about putting Veronica on weight probation.  Since when is a hair stylist someone to discuss veteran weight management? The gossip sides of Kelli and Judy wear me out.  Anyone else? Just watched that ep and it really got under my skin even two years later! 

I don't remember what topic I posted it under, but I felt the same way.  Kitty mentioned it, Kelli mentioned it a hundred times to anyone that would listen, the janitor probably even knew about it, then some random from a hair salon??  Professionalism, Kelli.  Work it out.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, kgirl38 said:

Am I the only one that wonders about those binders they hand out at the first Valley Ranch meeting?  They are HUGE.  They give me nightmares from vet school lol.  Can any insider shed some light? 

I noticed that in the later years the binder was cut back to papers in a manilla envelop.

OK random question:  the ladies all take a test. When? during semi's ? Before tryouts? I am wondering because how can a candidate not know some of the questions asked at interview but have passed the test?

So as I've been watching and reading several questions have occurred to me

1) What are the all stars? do they perform? or is it just publicity appearances?

2) Kelli's wikipedia page says she was the first girl asked back to the DCC without having to do the auditions, anyone know if this is true?

3) Along that line ^^^ has any girl since the show began not have to go through auditions?

4) At what point did TC become such a big thing? Have they always taken more girls than they need for the team, or did it used to be they took what they needed and narrowed down anyone who couldn't cut it? 

There have a been a handful of cheerleaders that didn't have to audition but that was wayyyyy back in the day. Late 80's early 90's? And when I say handful probably less than 5 or 7. 7 still seems like a lot. But yes Kelli tightly holds on to the title that she was the first ;)

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, QuiteContrary19 said:

1) I believe all stars can "fill in" on gameday or when a girl is injured or benched. Others, please correct me if I'm off here!

2) This is absolutely true, and in my opinion, it will stay that way. There's no way she's parting with that badge willingly!

3) See #2 :-)

4) I believe the TC thing started with the show in 04(?). Again guys, please set me straight if I'm spewing misinformation. I'm of the understanding that finals determined who the team would be, and TC was just a summer of hard work. With the advent of the show and the need for drama came the elimination process.

Do the All Stars still perform at events like amusement parks and what not?  I know they also attend games and socialize with the VIPs. 

On 8/3/2016 at 7:50 PM, Dccfanatic said:

Oh, really? I will try to look into that. For some reason I am super interested in that aspect! 

Oh, no, I meant Kelli negotiating for her own raise, not for Judy! LOL No, I just meant that I wonder if when Kelli came in at first her salary was low, and if she has had to ask for more as she has transformed the team, or if it was not an issue and was acknowledged by management. Clearly, Kelli seems to have added so much value to the team since she took over. 

Not to mention Judy does not have a degree! Kelli should get paid more. 

When it comes to how Kelli and Judy get paid, I think you have to consider how very different their jobs actually are. I'm not sure you'd need a college degree to be head choreographer - what you would need are years of experience and a lot of creativity, as well as ability to manage your staff of assistants. And ability to teach!! While college might be helpful for a lot of things, I think the right person could do all of these things perfectly without it. I know so many who have had successful sales or more creative based careers without a college degree. Kelli, on the other hand, is running a business, so I can see where a business degree, particularly focused in marketing, would be helpful. It also sounds like she learned from the inside up, almost intern style. She was a cheerleader and she's been with the organization almost her entire adult life. That's years of experience that a college degree wouldn't necessarily help. I do think they should get paid differently - Kelli is running a multi-million dollar business, figuring out new lines of revenue and managing appearances and scheduling. They're a fantastic team, but it doesn't mean things are split 50/50. At the end of the day, they both do the things they're best at, and I'm sure they're paid appropriately for their talents and industry norms.

• Love 7

The budget for the DCC is around one million dollars. I have no idea if Kelli and Judy's salaries are taken from the budget. I also remember reading somewhere Judy is considered a part-time employee which makes no sense to me (take it with a grain of salt.) I also remember reading Judy reports to Kelli and Charlotte. Hmmm... I cannot imagine having Charlotte as a boss. *scary*

In the question about the All-Stars performing at amusement parks, I do remember in the last episode of Season Six the All-Stars performing at Six Parks? To be honest about it, I did not think the performance was all that great, and the scene with the All-Stars and the new squad was bad, bad, and did I say bad. I have no clue who came up with the idea.

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

The budget for the DCC is around one million dollars. I have no idea if Kelli and Judy's salaries are taken from the budget. I also remember reading somewhere Judy is considered a part-time employee which makes no sense to me (take it with a grain of salt.) I also remember reading Judy reports to Kelli and Charlotte. Hmmm... I cannot imagine having Charlotte as a boss. *scary*

In the question about the All-Stars performing at amusement parks, I do remember in the last episode of Season Six the All-Stars performing at Six Parks? To be honest about it, I did not think the performance was all that great, and the scene with the All-Stars and the new squad was bad, bad, and did I say bad. I have no clue who came up with the idea.

that was one of the first seasons i watched when i found the show and i remember being kind of horrified by the all-stars...they looked so old compared to the new girls and just really sloppy (like hair and stuff, not moves).  I should give more grace since they were performing in hot summer weather but it did not give me good first impression of all star group lol 

• Love 2

Does the average person know the difference in current DCC and All Stars? I remember earlier on some of the All Stars looking a little bit haggard, too, and thinking they should give hem the same soon perks, etc., just from a branding point. They look better now it seems, maybe bc so many girls so three and then All Star, vs five and then do it.

On ‎8‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 3:24 PM, pink317 said:

I want to know if the last mass exodus was cheerleader initiated or if Kelli and Judy strongly hinted that the girls should bow out gracefully, on their own terms, instead of being embarrassed at finals. The 2010 squad was an all around mess (drugs, mean girls, fraternizing with players.... all alleged of course ;) )... half their rookies didn't return. The squad needed a good cleansing but who led the charge?

That was the season the 4 vets Meredith, Jordan B, Kaitlin I, and Megan S, ( I think it was her) and 1 rookie (Stephanie) got called in for weight. None of those girls returned the next year.  Also Brooke, Trisha & Crystal  T, Tobie,  Michelle K, and Tia all retired at the end of that season.

Ally was the only 5 year vet on the 2011-12 squad.

• Useful 1
16 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

That was the season the 4 vets Meredith, Jordan B, Kaitlin I, and Megan S, ( I think it was her) and 1 rookie (Stephanie) got called in for weight. None of those girls returned the next year.  Also Brooke, Trisha & Crystal  T, Tobie,  Michelle K, and Tia all retired at the end of that season.

Ally was the only 5 year vet on the 2011-12 squad.

Kaitlin Ilseng did come back the next year. Meredith, Meagan, and Jordan all retired.

• Useful 1

Reminder: Do not, repeat, do not talk about what happen with Tobie and her pictures being hacked off of her computer or cell phone. This is a criminal offense against her. Her pictures were posted on social media without her permission. Posts discussing what happen to her aka the criminal act will be hidden without warning from the mods. Thank you.

2 hours ago, dalgal214 said:

I know at some point Judy's marriage was on the line because of DCC. Just so time consuming.

Wasn't Kelli's too at some point, more recently?  I know I saw something related to her husband filing papers.

2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Ok so now I'm curious who tried out the most times without ever making the team, and who tried out the most times before making the team.

Well, we know Miranda Parker tried out for years & years, making it to finals each time but never getting selected for TC. There's also a doctor who auditions each year just for fun. 

2 hours ago, twinkietwin94 said:

Ok so now I'm curious who tried out the most times without ever making the team, and who tried out the most times before making the team.

I vaguely remember a girl on the 2005 or 2006 MTT  admitting she was on her 10th try.

Edited by MrsEVH
3 minutes ago, JC123 said:

didnt someone say rookie Kelli had been trying out for almost a decade? 

I only can remember her from season 8 (2013) when she was in the Fan vote. Not saying she hasn't auditioned before .

She auditioned in 2013 and 2014. She didn't in 2015 because she was committed to Mavs. Prior to that she was cut at semis the year sydney and mia made it. they were at the gaylord.

5 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Does the average person know the difference in current DCC and All Stars? I remember earlier on some of the All Stars looking a little bit haggard, too, and thinking they should give hem the same soon perks, etc., just from a branding point. They look better now it seems, maybe bc so many girls so three and then All Star, vs five and then do it.

I thought Kelli said in a previous season the All Stars fill in for appearances when the regular DCC cannot. I always wondered about whoever books the DCC for a function and gets All Stars instead knows the difference.

Edited by MrsEVH