Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, omgtv said:

Prestige?

Prestige Worldwide? The first word in entertainment? (Sorry, it’s all I think when I hear the word prestige)

5 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Poise?

Punxsutawney Phil?  No wait......

😂 I went to Punxsutawney for GHD in college! It was a complete madhouse! Never got to see the poor little rodent torn from his slumber and wrenched from his home for our entertainment. I wonder if he should join a Union....

Maybe “Precision”?

• LOL 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Kelli said we need privacy before the poetry princess said she didn't want to disappoint her thousands of Facebook fans

Oh Vivian ...Vivian Vivian Vivian ...( kind of quoting Melissa Rycroft lol )

8 hours ago, go4luca said:

Did we hit pernsickety yet?  Then there's playful but that got Holly P in trouble so......🤣

Your responses are making me giggle at my desk...my coworkers are side eyeing me 😉  hehe

• LOL 2
  • Love 1
On 1/24/2020 at 5:30 AM, KnyghtRyder said:

I so agree with this. It’s so frustrating (to me) that these girls are led to believe that you have to live and breath and die DCC just for a tiny chance to dance for a team for a tiny fraction of your life. I know they are young and (some of them) don’t really think about their futures.....  

Yes, this is something that makes me both sad for the cheerleaders, and a little frustrated.

I completely understand the DCC wanting to guard its brand and image, and social media today makes that a massive uphill battle.  And I think that some (not all) of the cultist behavior stems from the fact that the squad members now really do represent the DCC 24/7 because their personal life now can be easily shared. 

But, no matter how long squad members want to stay, they can't to do this for their entire lives.  They can't even do this as their only job unless they have personal wealth (which I don't think is the situation for most).  And like athletes, they are one injury away from retirement at any moment.  

So when persons complain that someone is using DCC as a stepping stone, or is only a 'one and done'- I'm personally thinking "Good! Have a 10 year plan! Use this and grow!".  Because the squad won't hesitate to cut a vet if they aren't up to it's standard.  So the vets should also put their futures first too.  

• Love 11
1 minute ago, IrishJig said:

So when persons complain that someone is using DCC as a stepping stone, or is only a 'one and done'- I'm personally thinking "Good! Have a 10 year plan! Use this and grow!".  Because the squad won't hesitate to cut a vet if they aren't up to it's standard.  So the vets should also put their futures first too.  

👏👏👏

Very well stated.

• Love 3
On 1/29/2020 at 1:17 PM, IrishJig said:

Yes, this is something that makes me both sad for the cheerleaders, and a little frustrated.

I completely understand the DCC wanting to guard its brand and image, and social media today makes that a massive uphill battle.  And I think that some (not all) of the cultist behavior stems from the fact that the squad members now really do represent the DCC 24/7 because their personal life now can be easily shared. 

But, no matter how long squad members want to stay, they can't to do this for their entire lives.  They can't even do this as their only job unless they have personal wealth (which I don't think is the situation for most).  And like athletes, they are one injury away from retirement at any moment.  

I agree with you that I love it when the cheerleaders have long term plans/careers after they retire. After watching the show for many years I've come to consider this more of a "prestige or status" job.  Kind of like going to an Ivy League College, or like being a Marine or Seal in the military or going to Julliard.   

I wasn't just an NFL cheerleader I was a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader!  I poured blood, sweat and tears to make this team!

Just like any other members of an exclusive club:  Some will use it as a stepping stone on their way towards bigger and better things and some will just hang out with each other just to network & socialize.  While others will just check it off their bucket list (one and done) and quietly move along. 

The cowboys organization puts a lot of money into the uniform/makeovers/etiquette/public speaking/ambassadorship just so they can continue this "brand of exclusivity and excellence". I could be wrong but it doesn't appear to me that there is any other NFL team that puts so much attention towards their cheerleaders. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

O M G....what in the WORLD is wrong with Kelli in this video!?

I guess you have not seen "CHEER" on Netflix? She's referencing that show about a cheerleading team in Texas.

• Love 2
8 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

I guess you have not seen "CHEER" on Netflix? She's referencing that show about a cheerleading team in Texas.

Kelli needs lessons from Jerry.  She looks like she's lost her freaking mind.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
8 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Nope I haven't.  Geepers!   That's funny!!!!!

10 minutes ago, go4luca said:

She looks like she's lost her freaking mind.

That's what I thought!!!

• LOL 1
9 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

This video actually made me laugh really hard!  I like that Bridget is cracking up trying to dance.  I think we all need a Jerry in our lives!

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Nope I haven't.  Geepers!   That's funny!!!!!

If you have Netflix, I highly recommend watching the 6 part documentary Cheer.  It's very well done.

2 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

I think we all need a Jerry in our lives!

Ditto!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

I don't but my Mom does.  I'll have to try to check it out sometime.  How long are the episodes?

One hour.  Can't remember if Netflix offers a week trial but if so, you could maybe do that and binge the show since it's only 6 episodes.  I watched the entire series in 2 days.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
1 minute ago, go4luca said:

One hour.  Can't remember if Netflix offers a week trial but if so, you could maybe do that and binge the show since it's only 6 episodes.  I watched the entire series in 2 days.

They do (they offer a month I think) and I've done that so I might not be able to do it a 2nd time (the free trial).  I'll just try to catch it at my Mom's sometime.  Thanks.

22 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

Highly recommend that show, and Kelli could learn a lot from the coach featured on Cheer, she's a positive force for the people on that team. Quite a few of the DCCs are the same age.

It's so weird after having Jenna, Raylee, Holly, Lacey, etc making the team at 18 and now the youngest DCC is Victoria at 20 years old.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, scorpio1031 said:

It's so weird after having Jenna, Raylee, Holly, Lacey, etc making the team at 18 and now the youngest DCC is Victoria at 20 years old.  

It IS weird that she's the youngest chronologically.  She also seems a LOT younger than her team-mates in almost every way.  I'm hoping that this year on the team also helps her to grow up in a lot of ways.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Quick question:  Does anyone know what the audition process was before MTT?  Did they have to do talent/interview/test? Was there "training camp"?

I know there was training camp at least back to the late 70's/early 80's, I used to work with a woman who auditioned but had to turn down training camp because she worked full time and was a single mom.  (At least that's her story, haha.)  I don't know if they called it "training camp" back then but it was rehearsals every weeknight for several weeks before the season started.

• Useful 3
4 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I know there was training camp at least back to the late 70's/early 80's, I used to work with a woman who auditioned but had to turn down training camp because she worked full time and was a single mom.  (At least that's her story, haha.)  I don't know if they called it "training camp" back then but it was rehearsals every weeknight for several weeks before the season started.

4 hours ago, aeroluv327 said:

I just watched part of that 1979 DCC movie. It’s corny but interesting. They talked about finals (not sure if they mentioned semi finals). The squad was chosen at the end of finals but then (it seemed) training camp started and it was every night/7 days a week. They gave the rules about missing too. 

One of the returning vets liked a guy who was trying out for the DC. She told him they would be unable to date if he made the team and she stayed a DCC. Another girl trying out said she was hoping to become a movie star. That kept her from making the team. They felt she was using DCC’S as a stepping stone to her movie career it seems....

The movie is free to watch on Amazon. It’s fun to see what things have changed and what things haven’t! 

• Useful 2

Season 10 rant: (and any other season(s) they take the rehearsal out of Valley Ranch/The Star/AT&T Stadium or Texas Stadium) WHY do they have to have rehearsals places like the Gaylord Texan's Glass Cactus or Gilley's?  Can't they have Show Group Auditions in the dance studio or stadium??? Product placement??

17 minutes ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

Season 10 rant: (and any other season(s) they take the rehearsal out of Valley Ranch/The Star/AT&T Stadium or Texas Stadium) WHY do they have to have rehearsals places like the Gaylord Texan's Glass Cactus or Gilley's?  Can't they have Show Group Auditions in the dance studio or stadium??? Product placement??

Away from the mirrors and how does the girl look/perform on a stage since show group performances are usually on a stage.  Does she stand out?  Does she blend?  How does she perform?

• Useful 4
  • Love 4

Kyndall eventually got a job at the Star, maybe in the fitness center, but I don't recall the specifics or exact timing. I feel like this maybe was them helping her out a bit, at least until she could get another professional-track job (or maybe she decided to become a personal trainer, IDK). Just because it's not shown on the show doesn't mean that TPTB don't try to make connections for TCCs or DCCs in need of work. I think gymnastics Kat and Milwaukee Stephanie might have had jobs at the Star fitness center for a minute, too, after they left the team? I might be imagining that. 

Also, right when I was reading the thread about the Kelli mat talk "Cheer" style, my neighbors started fighting and I can only hear her, and she sounds a lot like Kelli, practically hysterical and shredding her vocal chords. But it's not that funny over here, because this lady is not playing and they're often fighting. I'm of the opinion that they should split up. Today, it's all, "I HATE YOU!! BECAUSE YOU DON'T CAAAAARRRRE." Time to turn up the sound on Making the Team to drown this out.

• Love 3

IIRC, Kyndall did social media and marketing work for a commercial real estate firm, so she might have been doing that for The Star as well. 

That said, we’re in a social media world so I just looked her up on Linked In. She was a Senior Sales Advisor at The Star and now she’s back in marketing. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Shelley- is there a former cheerleader whose husband passed away about 8 years ago? I just bought a 25th anniversary DCC sweatshirt online from a person who says that a former DCC owned it. Apparently the DCC had her house cleaned out by this woman and gave away the shirt with other things. Just wondering- thank you!

2 hours ago, KaylaB said:

Is there a tutorial for Thunderstruck anywhere? 

2 hours ago, Holly85 said:

Not that I know of 

There was a video posted of a GUY doing the Thunderstruck Choreo that was pretty good.  I can't seem to find it 😞

On 3/5/2020 at 6:33 PM, KaylaB said:

Is there a tutorial for Thunderstruck anywhere? 

On 3/5/2020 at 6:38 PM, Holly85 said:

Not that I know of 

On 3/5/2020 at 9:05 PM, BluegrassDCCFan said:

There was a video posted of a GUY doing the Thunderstruck Choreo that was pretty good.  I can't seem to find it 😞

I FOUND IT!!!!!!! 

• Love 8