Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

Have we started a list anywhere of who we think is going to retire/get cut going into the next audition yet?  When was the last time every vet that reauditioned made it to the next squad announcement?

Edited by BluegrassDCCFan
changed wording
  • Love 3

Er firstly, I dont know where to post this, so I apologise if its in the wrong place. But is Kacey Musgraves "uniform" that was posted on her and the cheerleaders instagram real? It looks real except no diamonds but I also bordering its not real because of the shorts. I know the boots arent the Lucchese's ones (wonder why shes not wearing them she was given a pair by Kelly) assuming @ShellyB could help? 

42 minutes ago, PollyHowell said:

Is the DCC channel on Pluto no longer a thing? If you search "DCC Cheer Pluto TV" on google it shows a link to the channel but connects to a biography channel, and I can't find the DCC channel anywhere. Would be a shame if it was gone.

If you have Pluto.tv downloaded it’s on channel 329.

17 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Er firstly, I dont know where to post this, so I apologise if its in the wrong place. But is Kacey Musgraves "uniform" that was posted on her and the cheerleaders instagram real? It looks real except no diamonds but I also bordering its not real because of the shorts. I know the boots arent the Lucchese's ones (wonder why shes not wearing them she was given a pair by Kelly) assuming @ShellyB could help? 

She credits the costume made by @enriquethetailor but she also notes "Dallas Circa 1975", I'm not the expert many of these forum members are on DCC history, but I believe in 1975, they still wore go-go boots. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TennInTexas said:

She credits the costume made by @enriquethetailor but she also notes "Dallas Circa 1975", I'm not the expert many of these forum members are on DCC history, but I believe in 1975, they still wore go-go boots. 

They wore go-go boots until '89 or '90 then they changed the style of boots.

The style that replaced them (before cowboy boots).

fb97362225c4fd3fa1f0ea885581f574--sexy-c

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, BluegrassDCCFan said:

How many times did Christina audition before making it? I think I just saw her in prelims in the current season airing on Pluto (as well as Vivian)  IIRC Christina didn't make finals in the season that's airing (Vivian did).

I think she auditioned 5 times and made it to Training Camp twice.  She made the team her second time in Training Camp.  She first appeared in Season 6, made it to Training Camp in Season 9 and got cut for lack of flexibility as well as being injured.  I believe there was some speculation at the time that she was claiming to be injured when she wasn't as a way to "explain" her lack of flexibility.  She auditioned again in Seasons 10 and 11.  I can't remember which season it was, but that was the season Christina wore the hideous black-and-purple feathered monstrosity and Kitty got after her, using the infamous "I'm a stripper, I'm a slut" line.  She was brought back to Training Camp in Season 12 and made the team over the likes of Brennan and Taryn, who sadly never re-auditioned. 

I think Taryn was too upset about being dragged to the very end of Training Camp before being cut for something Kelli and Judy knew about (primarily flexibility, I believe) to want to put herself through it again.   Brennan's cut sucked too because I thought it was poorly timed due to Kelli's focusing on Canton.  I've always maintained that, if Kelli had waited until after the trip to Canton to make the next cut instead of doing it right before the trip, she would have made a different choice as to who to cut and it likely wouldn't have been Brennan (and it likely wouldn't have been Taryn either).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, EricaShadows said:

I've always maintained that, if Kelli had waited until after the trip to Canton to make the next cut instead of doing it right before the trip, she would have made a different choice as to who to cut and it likely wouldn't have been Brennan (and it likely wouldn't have been Taryn either).

It figures she was in a hurry that season when in other seasons, she waits until about 10 minutes before friends and family night starts to finalize the squad🙄

• LOL 5
12 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I think Taryn was too upset about being dragged to the very end of Training Camp before being cut for something Kelli and Judy knew about (primarily flexibility, I believe) to want to put herself through it again.   Brennan's cut sucked too because I thought it was poorly timed due to Kelli's focusing on Canton.  I've always maintained that, if Kelli had waited until after the trip to Canton to make the next cut instead of doing it right before the trip, she would have made a different choice as to who to cut and it likely wouldn't have been Brennan (and it likely wouldn't have been Taryn either).

Taryn was lucky that Stephanie Di Biase Wheat let her come back to the AAIA for a 2nd year without auditioning again. I'm guessing she's probably retired from pro dancing.

• Useful 1
38 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Taryn was lucky that Stephanie Di Biase Wheat let her come back to the AAIA for a 2nd year without auditioning again. I'm guessing she's probably retired from pro dancing.

From what's been said on these boards, Stephanie seems very supportive of the girls when they audition for another team.  

• Love 8
30 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

From what's been said on these boards, Stephanie seems very supportive of the girls when they audition for another team.  

She is. A couple of girls went back to the AAIA after not making other teams.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

According to her Instagram, she was taking the year (2018-2019) off to focus on other things.

• Love 1
On 11/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, TennInTexas said:

Dumb question. Whose enriquethetailor? The gogo boots, yea I didn't recognise them wonder, knew they were part of the old uniform. So I assume Kacey's "uniform" was the one of the "older" versions of the uniform and a "real" DCC uniform. I wonder if she got to keep it or whether she had it just to pose with it on etc

On 11/5/2019 at 5:27 AM, CrazyEve said:

Dumb question. Whose enriquethetailor? The gogo boots, yea I didn't recognise them wonder, knew they were part of the old uniform. So I assume Kacey's "uniform" was the one of the "older" versions of the uniform and a "real" DCC uniform. I wonder if she got to keep it or whether she had it just to pose with it on etc

Thats his instagram name, he's apparently a "Celebrity Tailor/Costume Designer" and his IG is full of red-carpet looks for lots of celebs. I'm guessing he made this just for her based on the 1975 uniform, and with some sort of approval from TPTB, since they reposted it. I'm no fan of hers, but she looked great in it, plenty of heavy blue eye shadow and make up and hair that helped rock the look. 

On 11/7/2019 at 1:32 AM, TennInTexas said:

Thats his instagram name, he's apparently a "Celebrity Tailor/Costume Designer" and his IG is full of red-carpet looks for lots of celebs. I'm guessing he made this just for her based on the 1975 uniform, and with some sort of approval from TPTB, since they reposted it. I'm no fan of hers, but she looked great in it, plenty of heavy blue eye shadow and make up and hair that helped rock the look. 

Ah thanks. I knew K + J must have approved of the outfit because Kacey was wearing and K = J def tweeted about it but I couldn't work out whether it was the "old" but uniform before the diamonds was added to the uniform or whether it was one that Lisa the seamstress made but haven't yet completely finished with the diamonds etc. Hadn't worked out the boots hence why I asked in first post.

You guys are awesome answering questions and knowing the back knowledge. Have to admit I seen the old go go boots but totally forgot about what they looked like. 

Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been discussed before.  If so, please direct me. 

With 37 on the team, but only 36 at football games, I have some questions:

Obviously, one has to sit out per Charlotte.  My question is how does it affect formations?  Does one DCC just move wherever there is an opening.  Judging by the triangle shot in the squad video, Victoria was in the 37th spot.  Does she just move wherever there is an opening?

Also, for groups, there are three groups of 9 and one of 10 (I believe it is group 1).  If one sits out and she is in a group of 9, does someone from group 1 fill in that empty spot?  Or is it a group of 8, two groups of 9, and a group of 10 during the game?

Edited by Lewy1525
8 minutes ago, Lewy1525 said:

Hi All,

Forgive me if this has been discussed before.  If so, please direct me. 

With 37 on the team, but only 36 at football games, I have some questions:

Obviously, one has to sit out per Charlotte.  My question is how does it affect formations?  Does one DCC just move wherever there is an opening.  Judging by the triangle shot in the squad video, Victoria was in the 37th spot.  Does she just move wherever there is an opening?

Also, for groups, there are three groups of 9 and one of 10 (I believe it is group 1).  If one sits out and she is in a group of 9, does someone from group 1 fill in that empty spot?  Or is it a group of 8, two groups of 9, and a group of 10 during the game?

No Victoria is in group 4 she never moves !! The only Person  I have seen move is Kat like the last home game she moved to group 3 bc bri was out !! They even out all groups for each group to have 9 

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, CrazyEve said:

Ah thanks. I knew K + J must have approved of the outfit because Kacey was wearing and K = J def tweeted about it but I couldn't work out whether it was the "old" but uniform before the diamonds was added to the uniform or whether it was one that Lisa the seamstress made but haven't yet completely finished with the diamonds etc. Hadn't worked out the boots hence why I asked in first post.

You guys are awesome answering questions and knowing the back knowledge. Have to admit I seen the old go go boots but totally forgot about what they looked like. 

Didn't Kelli give Kacey a pair of the white Lucchese DCC cowboy boots? If she did why would Kacey use the go-go boots?

5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

Didn't Kelli give Kacey a pair of the white Lucchese DCC cowboy boots? If she did why would Kacey use the go-go boots?

Yes that’s true! She wasn’t going for a 2016 DCC look, she was going for a 1975 instead per her instagram. 

Just saw that Ellie Goulding is now going to pull out of the Cowboys Thanksgiving half time unless the Salvation Army becomes more inclusive to support the LBGTQ community. This has been stirring for years, and the Cowboys have always sort of ignored it and went about kicking off the Red Kettle Campaign at Thanksgiving Half Time — the only real opportunity the DCC have you really showcase dancing to a national audience. It will be interesting to see where all parties involved go from here.

• Love 3

Quick question. Lexie(?) was gameday girl for Thanksgiving but is that a red or orange star on the uniform. Whats the red/orange star for? Thanksgiving? Did they start that this year or am I not keeping in touch often enough? I thought the only color change to the stars on the blouse was pink half time. I know the other time is when they do the my boots my cause but the stars are on the lucchese boots but not the blouse.

23 minutes ago, CrazyEve said:

Quick question. Lexie(?) was gameday girl for Thanksgiving but is that a red or orange star on the uniform. Whats the red/orange star for? Thanksgiving? Did they start that this year or am I not keeping in touch often enough? I thought the only color change to the stars on the blouse was pink half time. I know the other time is when they do the my boots my cause but the stars are on the lucchese boots but not the blouse.

Red for Salvation Army.

7 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

What is the farthest-up rookie placement in the triangle in recent memory (or ever)?

I don't know about initial placement, but so far, I think the furthest up a rookie has ever been was Victoria in the Thanksgiving game when she was in Gina's spot, third row, outside.  However, I don't know if that will now be her permanent place (I sure hope it ISN'T) or if she was just filling in that one time.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
21 hours ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

What is the farthest-up rookie placement in the triangle in recent memory (or ever)?

How about Melissa Wallace (I don't remember at all)?  I imagine she had a good spot in her rookie year since she went straight to triangle in year 2.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Since Gina is out for the season, will the "weekly audition process" still be a thing or is this a set 36 for the remaining home games? Will they keep things this way or will TPTB actually do their job and get it down to a solid 36 next year?

Does our favorite #IllegitimateDCC get to keep the position in the triangle that she stole and has yet to rightfully earn?

14 minutes ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

Since Gina is out for the season, will the "weekly audition process" still be a thing or is this a set 36 for the remaining home games? Will they keep things this way or will TPTB actually do their job and get it down to a solid 36 next year?

Does our favorite #IllegitimateDCC get to keep the position in the triangle that she stole and has yet to rightfully earn?

I don't see why they would have to "audition" the girls anymore.  Kelli can now have her favorite Meredith on the field.  No more worries about the budget and the salary of one DCC bringing the Cowboys Organization to financial ruin.

And yes, I'm sure VK will remain in Gina's spot unless she falls out of a turn and injures one of the vets up further in the triangle.  Only two home games left anyway for sure.

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't see why they would have to "audition" the girls anymore.  Kelli can now have her favorite Meredith on the field.  No more worries about the budget and the salary of one DCC bringing the Cowboys Organization to financial ruin.

And yes, I'm sure VK will remain in Gina's spot unless she falls out of a turn and injures one of the vets up further in the triangle.  Only two home games left anyway for sure.

If Kelli had any sense left, she would "audition" girls for Gina's spot (if Gina is truly out for the season) and will let two other girls fill in that spot.  Since we know that Kelli doesn't have any sense left, that's likely Victoria's spot for the rest of the season.  Unfortunately.  However, we will see with the next home game.

• Love 3
On 9/18/2016 at 7:05 PM, ByaNose said:

As God is my witness, I had no idea my cable company (Comcast) dropped CMT. I couldn't figure out how I missed the first 3 episodes. I even found it in my grid and set the DVR to record it and it didn't. Does CMT have them online?

If you download the app Pluto tv there is a making the team channel, and you can watch seasons 1-12!! 

On 12/5/2019 at 5:36 AM, Lurk Err said:

Also, do you earn a pinkie ring automatically. 

If memory serves, you're only given a pinky ring if you complete your rookie season... so for example... I don't think Kalyssa has one since (again, if memory serves) she left mid-season.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, IllegitimateDCC said:

If memory serves, you're only given a pinky ring if you complete your rookie season... so for example... I don't think Kalyssa has one since (again, if memory serves) she left mid-season.

VK’s mother, Tina, didn’t get one either.  I think she was cut mid season...  hmm maybe Kelli is trying to make up for that?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Blue hues said:

VK’s mother, Tina, didn’t get one either.  I think she was cut mid season...  hmm maybe Kelli is trying to make up for that?

Hmm that’s odd. I thought she cheered in ‘88 & ‘89? That’s what the squad photos say on the website under the DCC squad photos tab. I believe someone (maybe it was Shelly) has mentioned her years on the team somewhere on this forum in the past but IIRC she had cheered for more than one season. 

2 hours ago, Blue hues said:

She cheered 84, 88, and 89. I would think she would have a ring?

32 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

She cheered 84, 88, and 89. I would think she would have a ring?

If she was cut during her rookie year for weight, then she wouldn't have received a ring, right?  And if she came back in 88 and 89, she would be a returning vet so wouldn't get a rookie ring?  I'm guessing.