Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

One thing I've always wondered about is TPTB's refusal to use the cheerleaders' last names. 

I know TPTB have a hang-up about cheerleaders not using DCC as a stepping stone but there are definitely easier ways for attractive young women to build a SM following if they want to. I'm moreso talking about giving cheerleaders the opportunity to cheer on the team they love (Go Cowboys!!! Lol) while also creating a personal brand that could lead to other opportunities post-DCC. 

So, is this just another way that TPTB profit off the women on the team without allowing any benefit to the women themselves or is there any real justification for this? If so, why does that not apply to women who recently stopped cheering like Kash or Lauren (whose full names have definitely been used on the podcast)?

46 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

One thing I've always wondered about is TPTB's refusal to use the cheerleaders' last names. 

I know TPTB have a hang-up about cheerleaders not using DCC as a stepping stone but there are definitely easier ways for attractive young women to build a SM following if they want to. I'm moreso talking about giving cheerleaders the opportunity to cheer on the team they love (Go Cowboys!!! Lol) while also creating a personal brand that could lead to other opportunities post-DCC. 

So, is this just another way that TPTB profit off the women on the team without allowing any benefit to the women themselves or is there any real justification for this? If so, why does that not apply to women who recently stopped cheering like Kash or Lauren (whose full names have definitely been used on the podcast)?

I believe they started by using their last names for the first few seasons, but once Google and social media started taking off, the cheerleaders had stalkers, so they stopped. The show also stopped showing the big complexes where the cheerleaders (especially rookie candidates) used to live during training camp.

• Useful 2
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I believe they started by using their last names for the first few seasons, but once Google and social media started taking off, the cheerleaders had stalkers, so they stopped. The show also stopped showing the big complexes where the cheerleaders (especially rookie candidates) used to live during training camp.

I believe season 5 was the last one that used last names. After that they used middle names and later a last name initial if they had 2 or more girls with same first name. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
56 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

I believe season 5 was the last one that used last names. After that they used middle names and later a last name initial if they had 2 or more girls with same first name. 

I always wondered about why they used middle names. What if you didn't have one?

On 10/4/2020 at 12:16 PM, DCC-UK said:

I always wondered about why they used middle names. What if you didn't have one?

Probably because they've had several Jordan;s (3 or 4 on the same team one year I believe), Ashley's, Heather's, Holly's etc...

• Love 2
On 10/5/2020 at 1:48 PM, HowdeeDo said:

Probably because they've had several Jordan;s (3 or 4 on the same team one year I believe), Ashley's, Heather's, Holly's etc...

In the early seasons of MTT they went by first and last name, then changed it to first and middle name. I am guessing social media became popular and it was to hide their identities from the crazies. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Teriyaki Terror said:

In the early seasons of MTT they went by first and last name, then changed it to first and middle name. I am guessing social media became popular and it was to hide their identities from the crazies. 

I believe someone here posted (years ago) that Natalie Woods was stalked.

It took me quite some time to figure out that they were using first and middle names and not their last names! I'd never really given  a thought about their second names until I got confused with references to Jenna Lene and Jenna Jackson. Wait... did she get married? Or changed her last name?  I know, it sounds so stupid when I think about it now!

• LOL 2
  • Love 2

I know it's an odd questions but does anyone know what version of "Texas When I Die" does DCC dance to? I keep finding the original artist but it's tempo is definitely slower than what they dance to or is it just their edited version?

I think rabid fans, stalkers, are why they call the cheerleaders by their first and middle names, instead of first name last name, the way they did years ago.      You don't even have to be on TV or locally well known to get stalkers.    

I remember from earlier seasons that the DCC had a lot of them sharing apartments, and it looked like the same complexes, so I bet that's still happening.   Finding them probably isn't too difficult, if someone is determined.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Useful 1

I understand the danger posed by stalkers. Unfortunately, I also think it is really easy to figure out the last names of women on the team even if their last names aren't displayed on the show. 

I would like to think that Charlotte, Kelly and other DCC staff would prioritize the safety of women on the team above all else. I guess what I'm wondering is how does not showing their names actually protect them from stalkers, when it would be so easy to figure out their names from social media?

(Also I appreciate all the replies to my initial question. Sorry that I wasn't more clear initially and sorry that I haven't checked this thread in so long.)

5 minutes ago, HitItHarder..BAM said:

I understand the danger posed by stalkers. Unfortunately, I also think it is really easy to figure out the last names of women on the team even if their last names aren't displayed on the show. 

I would like to think that Charlotte, Kelly and other DCC staff would prioritize the safety of women on the team above all else. I guess what I'm wondering is how does not showing their names actually protect them from stalkers, when it would be so easy to figure out their names from social media?

(Also I appreciate all the replies to my initial question. Sorry that I wasn't more clear initially and sorry that I haven't checked this thread in so long.)

I think if someone really wants to stalk someone, they can.

However, for examples, I've been a Brennan fan for years (including following her on Instagram) but up until she was quoted in the article about her cut, I didn't know her last name. Some DCC do have their full names listed on their Instagrams, but not all of them do.

Season 6 is about 2011, so that's right around when more and more people started getting Instagram, etc. I think perhaps to encourage the girls to not use their full names, they went first name middle name. (In some of the older seasons on Pluto, they've edited the calling of names to just the first name instead of first name, last name.) So rookies like, Danielle use daniellemarie12 as their screen name. Maybe she had that before DCC, but it definitely matches how she rose to prominence as a DCC. Again, I'm sure I *could* find out Danielle's last name, but I don't know it off the top of my head. Which is not the same as Brittany Schram, let's say.

So, no, it's not a foolproof way to protect the girls' privacy, but they are public figures, so no way will be foolproof. It just cuts down on the googlability of the women from casual watchers.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Girl in a Cardigan said:

I think if someone really wants to stalk someone, they can.

However, for examples, I've been a Brennan fan for years (including following her on Instagram) but up until she was quoted in the article about her cut, I didn't know her last name. Some DCC do have their full names listed on their Instagrams, but not all of them do.

Season 6 is about 2011, so that's right around when more and more people started getting Instagram, etc. I think perhaps to encourage the girls to not use their full names, they went first name middle name. (In some of the older seasons on Pluto, they've edited the calling of names to just the first name instead of first name, last name.) So rookies like, Danielle use daniellemarie12 as their screen name. Maybe she had that before DCC, but it definitely matches how she rose to prominence as a DCC. Again, I'm sure I *could* find out Danielle's last name, but I don't know it off the top of my head. Which is not the same as Brittany Schram, let's say.

So, no, it's not a foolproof way to protect the girls' privacy, but they are public figures, so no way will be foolproof. It just cuts down on the googlability of the women from casual watchers.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense

20 hours ago, DCCWhiteboard said:

Does Neal McCoy still serve as a judge? I notice that he doesn’t follow Kelli, Judy, or Charlotte. Not that not following is indicative of anything just makes you go “hmmm...”

I hope so....I love Neal. He knows entertainers (actually he knows just about everyone in the country music business)...the "She's HOT HOT HOT" stuff is for show...when you see him at the actual judging he is intent on the dancers, not just their looks. Very valuable judge, IMO.

• Love 4
16 minutes ago, DCCOracle said:

Who was the other legacy candidate from the last few seasons? Not Dayton, not Victoria, not Madeline Salter. Someone else. Her name escapes me.

The hard number of cheerleaders is 36. The locker can hold up to 40(?) and they've taken as low as 34 recently (2015). Let's say it was a really bad year and there were many obvious cuts to be made, what's the lowest number they could possibly go down to?

Nadia in Season 7.  Cami Branson in Season 9.

They had 31 at the beginning of Season 5 cause of injuries 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, DCCWhiteboard said:

I’m not sure I understand your response

Sorry I meant to say it’s not just  the group leaders who do the game day gifts it’s a diffrent girl in the group each home game 

Edited by Holly85
  • Love 1
On 12/29/2020 at 3:36 PM, scorpio1031 said:

I wonder if Kelli remembered Natasha cause she allegedly didn't remember Madeline S's mom

Kelli only remembers what she wants to remember, especially when other legacies are better then a certain blonde legacy even when they make mistakes due to Kelli being FAR harsher on them then everyone else.

• Love 3

Kelli has been singing the praises of TK since season 7 where she compared Jasmine to TK.  No doubt that being Kelli's BFF has helped TK's crotch-fruit launch to the top of DCC world.

I wonder if Kelli or Judy was close with Meredith Oden's mom (Kim?), or if she was invited to give her speech before the first game in Season 2 purely for the storyline.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, 123DCCWoooo said:

I wonder if Kelli or Judy was close with Meredith Oden's mom (Kim?), or if she was invited to give her speech before the first game in Season 2 purely for the storyline.

I pretty sure Judy and Kim are still good friends. They cheered together for 2 seasons and Judy  said they became friends because they were one of the few DCCs who were married at that time.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Useful 2
  • Love 2
On 12/31/2020 at 12:50 PM, 123DCCWoooo said:

Kelli has been singing the praises of TK since season 7 where she compared Jasmine to TK.  No doubt that being Kelli's BFF has helped TK's crotch-fruit launch to the top of DCC world.

Well, she compared Jasmine to TK by saying they were both "clunky," so I'm not sure I'd call that singing her praises!

• LOL 3
20 minutes ago, aeroluv327 said:

Well, she compared Jasmine to TK by saying they were both "clunky," so I'm not sure I'd call that singing her praises!

True.  Probably more appropriate to say that she found a way to interject TK into a discussion where it wasn't needed.  I think she could have just said, "Jasmine, you're clunky" and gotten the point across.

• Love 5

I remember one year, there were several TCC that dropped out early, and they brought back, I believe, two veterans that had been cut. Does anyone remember this or remember what season this was?

Who was the woman that used to call the girls into the office? She always looked angry and she had blonde hair and was pretty. And now Cheryl has her position. I heard her and Kelli had a falling out at some point. Does anybody know anything about this?

On 1/24/2021 at 9:01 AM, Rayvrq1 said:

Who was the woman that used to call the girls into the office? She always looked angry and she had blonde hair and was pretty. And now Cheryl has her position. I heard her and Kelli had a falling out at some point. Does anybody know anything about this?

I think her name was Andrea, but I have no idea if they had a falling out or what.  I always assumed she was a former DCC, but I have no idea if she actually was!  I never thought she looked particularly angry, just serious.

• Love 1

Curious about the groups. They're put into groups early on in training camp. I'm wondering if how they are placed in a group might play a part in who gets cut. So like, before training camp starts, they know who is below the line of 36. I wonder if they place those girls in different groups knowing that they are the ones most likely to get cut. Are the groups set in stone when they announce them? Or is it possible someone might get moved to another group to even them out after cuts are made? Does that make sense? Like if 3 girls get cut from one group and another group doesn't have any cuts, how does that work? The deeper question is, does that play a part in who gets cut. Do they sit there and look at the last few girls and what groups they're in and how many each group can lose before making their decision?

21 minutes ago, fozzen said:

Curious about the groups. They're put into groups early on in training camp. I'm wondering if how they are placed in a group might play a part in who gets cut. So like, before training camp starts, they know who is below the line of 36. I wonder if they place those girls in different groups knowing that they are the ones most likely to get cut. Are the groups set in stone when they announce them? Or is it possible someone might get moved to another group to even them out after cuts are made? Does that make sense? Like if 3 girls get cut from one group and another group doesn't have any cuts, how does that work? The deeper question is, does that play a part in who gets cut. Do they sit there and look at the last few girls and what groups they're in and how many each group can lose before making their decision?

From Shelly B - Groups...height, hair color, look, skills are varied. If the groups were placed by skill, that would leave the work lopsided among the leaders, as well as the groups.

Groups aren't set in stone - for example, Victoria started off in group 1 last year, and was then moved to Group 4.  I know there were others but I can't remember exactly who.  Same with this year.

@Holly85 do you remember who changed groups?

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

From Shelly B - Groups...height, hair color, look, skills are varied. If the groups were placed by skill, that would leave the work lopsided among the leaders, as well as the groups.

Groups aren't set in stone - for example, Victoria started off in group 1 last year, and was then moved to Group 4.  I know there were others but I can't remember exactly who.  Same with this year.

Jayln was in group 4 then she was moved to Heather and Alexis group 3 Kat started out in group 1 then was moved to 4

Edited by Holly85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

Cool. Thanks for the info. I've always wondered how it worked. 😃

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, fozzen said:

Cool. Thanks for the info. I've always wondered how it worked. 😃

Well, the funny thing is that last year - season 14 - they took that CORES test and that is how they were put into groups - allegedly.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, scorpio1031 said:

Well, the funny thing is that last year - season 14 - they took that CORES test and that is how they were put into groups - allegedly.

I saw that. I wasn't sure if they put them in groups based on that, or it was meant to just show them how to work together better. I worked at a summer camp and we did Personality In Colors during pre-camp counselor training. I didn't assign counselors to cabins based on their personalities, it was just a tool to learn how to work with different personalities. Putting all of the same personality together kinda defeats the purpose.

• Love 2
On 10/4/2020 at 12:53 AM, HitItHarder..BAM said:

In the early seasons they did use their last names. Then I noticed there was a season where some still used their last names, while others used first and middle before everyone going to first and middle. I've always thought that it was a privacy issue and giving the girls more security. If they want to persue a professional career in entertainment in the future, they can, of course, add their DCC experience to their resume and their last names will become public. On the other hand, if they don't want a public career going forward, they're good.

• Love 1