Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, Cowboysfan16 said:

I'm sorry if this has been answered multiple times. For the DCC Alumni jerseys, do the girls get to pick their number or do they have significance? 

Their first year on the team. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 5
16 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Their first year on the team. 

Apparently Veronica wore Kelsey B's jersey this past weekend, and it confused me cause it said 12 instead of 11.  Jasmine asked her on Instagram about it.

Sad cause I don't remember what I'm supposed to do today, but I remember their rookie years:)

• Love 3
13 hours ago, tajalexander said:

@ShellyB What is Kelli looking for in order to make the podcast an hour? I feel like as soon as the girls really settle in, the show is over! ? 

Not sure if it will ever be an hour., not even sure if it will go all year long. I’m sure with fan suggestions more ideas will evolve. Right now, it’s more ithe format is about getting to know the girls outside of the studio and beyond the field. 

13 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

@Shelly  Why does the blouse fabric look like a different shade of blue in some pictures?

That probably is dependent on lighting, cameras, editing, etc. They are all made of the same fabric.

8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Not sure if it will ever be an hour., not even sure if it will go all year long. I’m sure with fan suggestions more ideas will evolve. Right now, it’s more ithe format is about getting to know the girls outside of the studio and beyond the field.

I like the podcast, but my only suggestion would be to maybe have cheerleaders who are close friends on the podcast together (depending their schedules, obviously). Because right now, sometimes it feels like the two guests are doing separate interviews. It would have been fun to see, for instance, Heather O and Tess or Tara and Savannah interacting, and might allow them to feel more comfortable and let their personalities shine through more.

• Love 2

I think the problem with the podcast is they ask such dumb questions and the hosts, especially Shannon, spend too much time talking. 

If Shelly is taking suggestions, I would love to have a judge or two on the podcast around auditions or at the start of S13. And I would love to have Kelly, Judy, Shelly, and Kitty at some point, too!

• Love 2

I don’t like Shannnon the host. He totally objectifies the girls and is a smart ass.

i totally understand this is a fluff piece show, not discussing hardcore world issues, but he seems to want to passive aggressively put down the guests whenever he can.

I think he’s just a big dorky mess who resents beautiful women who have some intelligence. They should just shake their asses and fawn over him, right?

These ladies are paid to stay neutral and just be friendly to everyone (rightly so, they’re dancers, not soldiers or doctors), mildly snap back a little, and I love I‎t when they do! 

Stop asking them ‘who is your bestie’ and telling them how he ranks the other girls on over teams by lack of hotness or whatever. 

So many DCC have broadcasting backgrounds. Let one of them host. Heck I’d rather see Sam Finglass host than this guy, don’t care if that is blatant nepotism.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I don’t like Shannnon the host. He totally objectifies the girls and is a smart ass.

i totally understand this is a fluff piece show, not discussing hardcore world issues, but he seems to want to passive aggressively put down the guests whenever he can.

I think he’s just a big dorky mess who resents beautiful women who have some intelligence. They should just shake their asses and fawn over him, right?

These ladies are paid to stay neutral and just be friendly to everyone (rightly so, they’re dancers, not soldiers or doctors), mildly snap back a little, and I love I‎t when they do! 

Stop asking them ‘who is your bestie’ and telling them how he ranks the other girls on over teams by lack of hotness or whatever. 

So many DCC have broadcasting backgrounds. Let one of them host. Heck I’d rather see Sam Finglass host than this guy, don’t care if that is blatant nepotism.

1. He's a guy; he doesn't know how to do anything else lol

2. Yeah, don't. It's very clear on social media who is besties with who, but straight out asking them seems pretty divisive.

3. Meh. I don't think that is the point of the podcast. While we would much rather hear them than the host, they're just guests.

8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

mildly snap back a little, and I love I‎t when they do! 

Tara pushed back a little. I laughed and loved it. lol 

Shannon, I go back and forth on. I don't like the fact that neither of the hosts actually do their homework on the people they will be interviewing that week. Shannon openly admitted that he hasn't even seen this past season..................but he's interviewing the rookies. Courtney can get away with it moreso since she is the manager for the cheerleaders social media accounts, so she's around them a lot more than Shannon is. But I just wish he (they) would at least read the bios and come with a pre-planned question. 

• Love 3

I also absolutely adored that Tara called him out on his snide "so you moved here just to be a cheerleader?" Seemed to make him pull his (giant) head back in a bit, which was good. 

The guy on the podcast is an absolute moron. It's like he woke up one day, wandered into the the building and decided give some interviews. Shockingly unprepared, unprofessional and downright rude and condescending at times. 

On 11/15/2017 at 11:05 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

This, a million times over. I would bet a million bucks that he wouldn't talk to male guests on his show the way he talks to the DCC. 

Side note: I love Heather's speaking voice! It was awesome getting to hear her - she's so eloquent, seems quite intelligent and has an accent you could listen to for hours! I'm Australian so I'm terrible at picking accents but can someone explain her accent a bit more? She said she's from Arizona but she doesn't have the same sort of Texas twang that K&J seem to have...are Texan accents more pronounced than other Southern states? 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, autumdusk said:

I also absolutely adored that Tara called him out on his snide "so you moved here just to be a cheerleader?" Seemed to make him pull his (giant) head back in a bit, which was good. 

The guy on the podcast is an absolute moron. It's like he woke up one day, wandered into the the building and decided give some interviews. Shockingly unprepared, unprofessional and downright rude and condescending at times. 

This, a million times over. I would bet a million bucks that he wouldn't talk to male guests on his show the way he talks to the DCC. 

Side note: I love Heather's speaking voice! It was awesome getting to hear her - she's so eloquent, seems quite intelligent and has an accent you could listen to for hours! I'm Australian so I'm terrible at picking accents but can someone explain her accent a bit more? She said she's from Arizona but she doesn't have the same sort of Texas twang that K&J seem to have...are Texan accents more pronounced than other Southern states? 

Well Arizona isn’t considered southern at all (though it is in the south western part of the country). I wouldn’t know how to regionally specify her accent. 

• Love 1

@ShellyB, There is a routine that I watch all the time on YT but its very bad quality and blurry. I absolutely love this routine. Its a country western style dance they did to Timber and the video is from a field rehearsal in the 2013 season. Did they do this dance to other songs in recent years? This year? Who choreographed? This is the only time I have seen this routine.  I think I saw a tiny bit of it in MTT in 2011 on like the 2nd to the last episode when they were outside but it was too hard to tell. Is there any other videos out there where they do this routine. Its so fun and very fast!

16 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, There is a routine that I watch all the time on YT but its very bad quality and blurry. I absolutely love this routine. Its a country western style dance they did to Timber and the video is from a field rehearsal in the 2013 season. Did they do this dance to other songs in recent years? This year? Who choreographed? This is the only time I have seen this routine.  I think I saw a tiny bit of it in MTT in 2011 on like the 2nd to the last episode when they were outside but it was too hard to tell. Is there any other videos out there where they do this routine. Its so fun and very fast!

I’d have to see the video to be sure who choreographed it, and if it was put any other songs. 

What happens when someone gets a case of the summer flu/autumn flu which is always the meanest version of getting sick? Do the dancers still have to go to practice? Not your basic can-be-tamed-with-DayQuil-GoodVibes-sleep, I’m talking MAN COLD sick. ? I know if I was sick as a dog, I couldn’t handle even the highest of my dreams. Then again, I’m 5’6, 175, busted knee, and no one is looking for this in training camp. Any training camp, actually LMFAO

but for real, what happens when a DCC, in TC or reg season, gets sick? Same as injured? Just curious. ??‍♀️??‍♀️

12 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

What happens when someone gets a case of the summer flu/autumn flu which is always the meanest version of getting sick? Do the dancers still have to go to practice? Not your basic can-be-tamed-with-DayQuil-GoodVibes-sleep, I’m talking MAN COLD sick. ? I know if I was sick as a dog, I couldn’t handle even the highest of my dreams. Then again, I’m 5’6, 175, busted knee, and no one is looking for this in training camp. Any training camp, actually LMFAO

but for real, what happens when a DCC, in TC or reg season, gets sick? Same as injured? Just curious. ??‍♀️??‍♀️

I always heard that they are always supposed to attend practice. Though, I doubt they'd have a girl at practice strapped on a gurney for the sake of "never missing a practice."

3 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

15 hours ago, Cappuccinagina said:

What happens when someone gets a case of the summer flu/autumn flu which is always the meanest version of getting sick? Do the dancers still have to go to practice? Not your basic can-be-tamed-with-DayQuil-GoodVibes-sleep, I’m talking MAN COLD sick. ? 

I always heard that they are always supposed to attend practice. Though, I doubt they'd have a girl at practice strapped on a gurney for the sake of "never missing a practice."

I would also think that they wouldn't want the sick person there passing around her germs to everyone else. If you really have a bad case of the flu, you're usually so out of it being at practice isn't going to do you a whole lot of good anyway. It would be better to record the practice and have her watch it later.

Edited by hannahbanana

Girls who are sick or injured are required to attend practice unless they have a doctor note saying attending practice is not a good idea for health reasons. Kelli said Kaitlyn LeGrand was the first girl in history to miss a practice. There has been girls in the past who were sick or injured attending practice aka Melissa the Mentor with mono in Season 2, Rachel in Season 7, and Christina in Season 8.

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Girls who are sick or injured are required to attend practice unless they have a doctor note saying attending practice is not a good idea for health reasons. Kelli said Kaitlyn LeGrand was the first girl in history to miss a practice. There has been girls in the past who were sick or injured attending practice aka Melissa the Mentor with mono in Season 2, Rachel in Season 7, and Christina in Season 8.

Brooke in season 2 (2007).

On 11/14/2017 at 7:39 AM, ShellyB said:

So.. if I was a fan suggestion, where exactly do I put myself? lol is there an email address?

@ShellyB, just curious about All Stars.  Do they get any special recognition for being all Stars and for years doing that? Are they invited to the end of the year banquet?  It seems that Emma and Jenn K deserve something special this year for going above & beyond.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

@ShellyB, just curious about All Stars.  Do they get any special recognition for being all Stars and for years doing that? Are they invited to the end of the year banquet?  It seems that Emma and Jenn K deserve something special this year for going above & beyond.

I laughed when Tasha said Jenn K is basically on the team again on the podcast ?

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, tajalexander said:

I laughed when Tasha said Jenn K is basically on the team again on the podcast ?

I haven't listened to many of the podcasts yet (it's been an insane couple of months family and work wise), but I do appreciate how Tasha can slide in semi-shade effortlessly and it takes a minute for anyone to even notice. That wasn't even that shady, more slightly snarky, but I still love it.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I haven't listened to many of the podcasts yet (it's been an insane couple of months family and work wise), but I do appreciate how Tasha can slide in semi-shade effortlessly and it takes a minute for anyone to even notice. That wasn't even that shady, more slightly snarky, but I still love it.

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't see that as semi-shade at all. It's the truth lol

• Love 3
On 12/8/2017 at 10:58 AM, tajalexander said:

So.. if I was a fan suggestion, where exactly do I put myself? lol is there an email address?

FB Page??

On 12/10/2017 at 6:20 AM, ByTor said:

Banquet has been reserved to current squad. All Stars usually do their own dinners, etc just for fun. 

12 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

@ShellyB Without telling us anything, do you (and K&J) have an idea of who the PBC for this years' team will be? I know it hasn't been announced yet, but I was curious to know if you had an idea or if voting had taken place yet. Thanks!

Is Pro Bowl just as big a thing as being point?  Or the opposite?  Is point a bigger deal?  

I remember reading on a DCC fan page where it was stated being the Pro Bowl Girl and being a group leader was the highlight of a DCC career over point girl or being in Show Group. Take it with a grain of salt. I am sure to a DCC being point girl is a great honor, but to me I do not understand all the hype over being one.

@ShellyB 

Some questions about past squad pictures from DCC website

1) From the 80s there are 3 squads where a girl's name at listed as "left squad". Is it a girl who wasn't on the team very long, left on her own, or was possibly kicked off?

2) From 2008 picture a former DCC was listed as "left squad" (on the old site) but now her name is back. Any reason for that?

3) Will the 2 DCCs that recently left be listed as "left squad" when the 2017 picture gets moved to that section next year?

4) The 1998 squad had only 27 girls in total; why was it so small?

5) Why is there no picture of the 1995 squad?  It goes from 1994 to 1996. I know one existed on the old site.

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB 

1) From the 80s there are 3 squads where a girl's name at listed as "left squad". Is it a girl who wasn't on the team very long, left on her own, or was possibly kicked off?

2) From 2008 picture a former DCC was listed as "left squad" (on the old site) but now her name is back. Any reason for that?

3) Will the 2 DCCs that recently left be listed as "left squad" when the 2017 picture gets moved to that section next year?

4) The 1998 squad had only 27 girls in total; why was it so small?

5) Why is there no picture of the 1995 squad?  It goes from 1994 to 1996. I know one existed on the old site.

Great questions...very curious about these too! wow, 27 girls...! 

• Love 2
On 11/14/2017 at 6:46 PM, healthnut said:

If Shelly is taking suggestions, I would love to have a judge or two on the podcast around auditions or at the start of S13. And I would love to have Kelly, Judy, Shelly, and Kitty at some point, too!

Can I like this 100 times?

would also like to see the All Stars or popular retired DCC (Jackie Bob, Emma, Jenn K*, can we skype Jacie in?)

Shannon’s face lit up when Jackie was mentioned on the show lol

• Love 3
On 12/13/2017 at 7:17 AM, LadyMsJay said:

@ShellyB Without telling us anything, do you (and K&J) have an idea of who the PBC for this years' team will be? I know it hasn't been announced yet, but I was curious to know if you had an idea or if voting had taken place yet. Thanks!

Squad vote was about a month ago. 

On 12/14/2017 at 0:09 PM, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB 

1) From the 80s there are 3 squads where a girl's name at listed as "left squad". Is it a girl who wasn't on the team very long, left on her own, or was possibly kicked off? Yes...all of the above apply to being labeled “left squad”. 

2) From 2008 picture a former DCC was listed as "left squad" (on the old site) but now her name is back. Any reason for that? I am not sure why it changed or to whom you are referring. 

3) Will the 2 DCCs that recently left be listed as "left squad" when the 2017 picture gets moved to that section next year? I doubt it, since “left squad” was usually printed on the back of the reference photo. 

4) The 1998 squad had only 27 girls in total; why was it so small? I remember the squad being smaller than the normal 36. I think they just cut down to the best of the best. 

5) Why is there no picture of the 1995 squad?  It goes from 1994 to 1996. I know one existed on the old site. I don’t know! I just noticed this myself and sent a message to our web department. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, MrsEVH said:

What other NFL team had the most cheerleaders audition for and make the DCC?  I'm guessing the NY Jets with 6 girls who made it.

Other than Danielle, Jasmine, Alex and Savannah, who else?