Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, Where is everybody on here??  Only a few members posting like 1 or 2 comments in the past 24 hours.  WHATS GOING ON???  Sorry that is actually squad announcement soon/season premiere enthusiasm.  It's like a ghost town on here without of the usual crew on here.

Lots going on with personal vacays, rehearsals, etc. back to the grind this week.

• Love 1

During a rewatch for the 10000000th time of season 11 ep 2 (I'm so BORED!!!!), I saw the little green CMT stickers on some of the finalists' packets post-interviews. Ever since someone here had mentioned the WW and WP stickers (sorry if wrong!), it has become my new hunt-for-info fix. This level of DCC crazy will stop when 1) my Directv app or CMT.com let me see the seasons I've missed and/or August 3 rolls around. Le sigh. Sorry if all of the above was beat to death. Lurking for one whole year and here I am ready to comment away.  Yay! ?

@ShellyB  Speaking of legacies. do you remember a girl name Nadia who auditioned about 2 or 3 seasons ago whose mom was a DCC?  They showed a picture of her but nobody here figured out who she was and what year she cheered.

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB  Speaking of legacies. do you remember a girl name Nadia who auditioned about 2 or 3 seasons ago whose mom was a DCC?  They showed a picture of her but nobody here figured out who she was and what year she cheered.

Yes...her moms name is Natasha and she cheered in the mid 80s.

• Useful 1

Hey y'all! I am new to these boards.  @ShellyB, I have a question about transportation.  I know in previous years of MTT we have seen the girls getting on the bus at valley ranch to head to AT&T Stadium on game day.  I was wondering, if one of the cheerleaders lived right near the stadium, would they still have to drive all the way out (now to Frisco) in order to board the bus, just to ride right back to where they were? 

Also, how common is it for those in training camp and on the squad to move closer to headquarters? It seems like it would be a lot of driving if someone from say, Ft. Worth or Arlington, were to make it into camp.  I know girls move from across the country to earn a spot on the team, but even just across the DFW Metroplex seems like a lot of driving during camp, do they move right next to headquarters?

Love reading your responses Shelly, and loved seeing you and Dayton in the first episode!

1 hour ago, FutureDCC said:

Hey y'all! I am new to these boards.  @ShellyB, I have a question about transportation.  I know in previous years of MTT we have seen the girls getting on the bus at valley ranch to head to AT&T Stadium on game day.  I was wondering, if one of the cheerleaders lived right near the stadium, would they still have to drive all the way out (now to Frisco) in order to board the bus, just to ride right back to where they were? 

Also, how common is it for those in training camp and on the squad to move closer to headquarters? It seems like it would be a lot of driving if someone from say, Ft. Worth or Arlington, were to make it into camp.  I know girls move from across the country to earn a spot on the team, but even just across the DFW Metroplex seems like a lot of driving during camp, do they move right next to headquarters?

Love reading your responses Shelly, and loved seeing you and Dayton in the first episode!

They will meet at Frisco to ride the bus to games. It eliminates the hassle of parking and is insurance that all arrive on time for pregame rehearsals. 

They usually end up living somewhere centrally located to their jobs, school, studio and stadium. 

Thanks! 

• Love 1

IMO, Frisco is the worst place to get to in the Metroplex when it comes to traffic, so woooo I feel for those working girls this training camp!  And so far from the stadium! 

Would be incredibly tough for a TCU student as well. Hell, an SMU student. Northbound after 3:30 is no joke. Considering studio apartments are going for $1500++ at the Shops, curious where people will end up living too. Valley Ranch had the advantage of lots of corporate apartments and cheaper rent, plus their boom days are well past in favor of Frisco and Plano. 

Where there's a will there's a way! I watched season seven this weekend and so many of the TCC were budget conscious that year, so it's fresh on my mind. 

Edited by kalibean
  • Love 1

@ShellyB:  I've noticed since the new stadium was built Kelli announces the team there instead of Valley Ranch. How do they keep the girls out of the locker room while their pictures are being put up? They have to get dressed somewhere or do they come from home already dressed in practice clothes? How did they do it at Valley Ranch?

52 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB:  I've noticed since the new stadium was built Kelli announces the team there instead of Valley Ranch. How do they keep the girls out of the locker room while their pictures are being put up? They have to get dressed somewhere or do they come from home already dressed in practice clothes? How did they do it at Valley Ranch?

I used to wonder this too when they would run to the locker room right after announcement. I just assumed there were staff members rushing to put things up like parents do on Christmas morning putting presents under the tree. ?

• Love 1
58 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

There are two other locker rooms adjacent to the DCC locker room and a dance room. It is quite common for us to use any of those areas during rehearsals or events due to Stadium tours. When they announce at Valley Ranch, everything was ready to be hung up. As the girls were either filming in the studio or outside, it was expedited with a few hands on deck. 

• Useful 1
42 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

There are two other locker rooms adjacent to the DCC locker room and a dance room. It is quite common for us to use any of those areas during rehearsals or events due to Stadium tours. When they announce at Valley Ranch, everything was ready to be hung up. As the girls were either filming in the studio or outside, it was expedited with a few hands on deck. 

Yes, but how many lockers are there? JUST KIDDING. Thanks for humoring our fascination/obsession with the locker room.

• Love 7

I am new to site so if this is wrong area/thread or too much of a repeat just delete or reply with a thread and page # to check.

I have a question about how the ladies stay hydrated and fed during a long game day. I often comment to my sons critical care nurses that they don't get to be human like eat or go the bathroom during a shift. I don't either for that matter. But in a performance environment how do they allow time for that stuff. I know its a taboo thought but OMG those weeks our cycle decide to torment us. Those white shorts...hot days, or games that go into overtime making the day even longer. How do they eat, drink and take care of other things like that. 

Edited by CompassionPatched

@ShellyB

I have also wondered about the bathroom situation.  Are they allowed to run off the sidelines to use the bathroom during a game? Or do they have to wait for a specific time frame?  

What if there is an emergency??? Like you reeaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly gotta go???  Thanks !!!!

2 minutes ago, Rita J said:

@ShellyB

I have also wondered about the bathroom situation.  Are they allowed to run off the sidelines to use the bathroom during a game? Or do they have to wait for a specific time frame?  

What if there is an emergency??? Like you reeaaaaaaaaaaaaallllly gotta go???  Thanks !!!!

Your body gets accustomed to the regimen and you train all summer to be ready for long games...emergencies are different and of course, they are allowed to handle those moments. 

• Love 3
Just now, ShellyB said:

Your body gets accustomed to the regimen and you train all summer to be ready for long games...emergencies are different and of course, they are allowed to handle those moments. 

Thank you Shelly !  Dayton looked beautiful!  You must be so proud.

• Love 2
28 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

I am new to site so if this is wrong area/thread or too much of a repeat just delete or reply with a thread and page # to check.

I have a question about how the ladies stay hydrated and fed during a long game day. I often comment to my sons critical care nurses that they don't get to be human like eat or go the bathroom during a shift. I don't either for that matter. But in a performance environment how do they allow time for that stuff. I know its a taboo thought but OMG those weeks our cycle decide to torment us. Those white shorts...hot days, or games that go into overtime making the day even longer. How do they eat, drink and take care of other things like that. 

Training all summer on how to stay hydrated throughout the game. They also have occasional water breaks during the game and halftime. They eat before each game in the locker room. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, ShellyB said:

Training all summer on how to stay hydrated throughout the game. They also have occasional water breaks during the game and halftime. They eat before each game in the locker room. 

Thank you ShellyB. Good to know. I didn't even think of that, of course training about hydrating is also conditioning for it. Duh. Amazing how every need is thought about so carefully. Thanks.

I've been rewatching older seasons and maybe this has been answered before but there used to be an indoor practice field that the girls used in earlier seasons. Why did they stop using the indoor one and practice outside (obviously now they have the Star but in VR days)?

12 minutes ago, Tys Mom said:

I've been rewatching older seasons and maybe this has been answered before but there used to be an indoor practice field that the girls used in earlier seasons. Why did they stop using the indoor one and practice outside (obviously now they have the Star but in VR days)?

There was an indoor field at the VR facility.  One year (May 2009) there was a tornado and several of the staff and players were caught in it when the bubble colapsed.  Not sure if it was used since then.

Edited by DCCFanInKy
Add date
  • Love 1

@ShellyB are there enough lockers now so that if K & J ever decide again to go above 36 there would be enough for each girl to have their own?  I remember once seeing Alex Hermes cameo and stuff kind of set up in the corner between two lockers at AT&T.  

What do the girls have to eat usually before games?  Are there choices they can make?  Heavy or light?  Like if they just wanted salad or is it all kinds of stuff like steak and different meats?   I went to AT&T for the first time to see U2 a few weeks ago and I was blown away at the amenities there.  Especially the food!!! (and the crown royal whiskey bar LOL)

I also noticed this time CMT is simply calling the show DCCMTT instead of like DCCMTT-12 ?  Any reason why they are not denoting the season number anymore?  

Thanks for sharing and for all the great insights you share here!  so much fun!!!  :)

3 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

There was an indoor field at the VR facility.  One year there was a tornado and several of the staff and players were caught in it when the bubble colapsed.  Not sure if it was used since then.

Ooh that's right! I remember hearing about the tornado but never put 2 and 2 together that that's where it was! 

1 hour ago, Rita J said:

@ShellyB are there enough lockers now so that if K & J ever decide again to go above 36 there would be enough for each girl to have their own?  I remember once seeing Alex Hermes cameo and stuff kind of set up in the corner between two lockers at AT&T.  

What do the girls have to eat usually before games?  Are there choices they can make?  Heavy or light?  Like if they just wanted salad or is it all kinds of stuff like steak and different meats?   I went to AT&T for the first time to see U2 a few weeks ago and I was blown away at the amenities there.  Especially the food!!! (and the crown royal whiskey bar LOL)

I also noticed this time CMT is simply calling the show DCCMTT instead of like DCCMTT-12 ?  Any reason why they are not denoting the season number anymore?  

Thanks for sharing and for all the great insights you share here!  so much fun!!!  :)

I think I remember Shelly saying DCC provided a set up for them to eat properly before practice or the game.  But now I'm wondering if I saw that.  But I think I did.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Rita J said:

Plenty of lockers....see post from earlier this week re:lockers. 

Menu changes every game but usually consists of grilled chicken, veggies, salads, a carb of some sort. Sometimes fajitas or brisket & turkey on Thanksgiving. All from the catering dept at the stadium. 

I'm not sure why they opted to leave off season 12. Possibly because of the new format and extened season. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Tys Mom said:

Yes, you are right. I remember too because it made national headlines. One of the supporting coach or scout team member was injured and paralyzed. I know he was support staff at least. Really sad. Not that is was a good thing, but I fear if it had been the cheerleaders in tent facility, there would not have been larger men to lift beams off them at that time. THe players saved each other that day, literally. May  2nd 2009. There is lots of video available on it, but in respects to the individuals hurt. I didn't think posting links was respectful. Some video is very raw. That was also the year many of those bouncy houses blew away with children too...bad year. Remember the tents flying away after team announcement, team bonding camp out? Too funny.

Question...has DCC completely stopped doing the "Meet the Team" at the (Gaylord?) ? Seems like the last few years has been on the field. I could be wrong. I know it changes. Are there other family specific performances that are strictly for just family? It made me wonder if the new practice field has any seating for such things. I love seeing the families proudly standing with daughters, sisters, mothers. It is truly a thing to celebrate. 

got the stage place wrong. Gaylord maybe?
29 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

Question...has DCC completely stopped doing the "Meet the Team" at the (Gaylord?) ? Seems like the last few years has been on the field. I could be wrong. I know it changes. Are there other family specific performances that are strictly for just family? It made me wonder if the new practice field has any seating for such things. I love seeing the families proudly standing with daughters, sisters, mothers. It is truly a thing to celebrate. 

We still do Meet The Team, it's at AT&T Stadium. The years at the Gaylord were just to give a different perspective and to present Show Group. The indoor field at The Star (Ford Field) is a smaller version of AT&T, that also hosts Friday night high school games and other events. 

2 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

We still do Meet The Team, it's at AT&T Stadium. The years at the Gaylord were just to give a different perspective and to present Show Group. The indoor field at The Star (Ford Field) is a smaller version of AT&T, that also hosts Friday night high school games and other events. 

Oh my gosh that's amazing. I had no idea that some High School game events are there. See that is why I love this organization. World Class in outreach at home too. I have to come visit there. If my boys ever get out of the hospital long enough, I want to expose them to dream factories like the Star.  Really from my heart to yours. Thanks for taking the time to answer these questions. I know you're busy so really, thanks. Just WOW!

2 hours ago, ShellyB said:

The indoor field at The Star (Ford Field) is a smaller version of AT&T, that also hosts Friday night high school games and other events. 

We're going to see Bob Seger at the Star.  Can't wait!  I'm hoping there's some kind of tour or something available to do.

• Love 1

Okay someone help me out here. I have to ask for an answer that's idiot proof. What the heck does it mean when Kelli or Judy says someone is "clunky", "noodle" or "awkward"? Ok awkward at times is easier to see.  What is the thing that gets tagged as clunky. What would be the top 3 mistakes that get crowned with those titles?

9 hours ago, CompassionPatched said:

Okay someone help me out here. I have to ask for an answer that's idiot proof. What the heck does it mean when Kelli or Judy says someone is "clunky", "noodle" or "awkward"? Ok awkward at times is easier to see.  What is the thing that gets tagged as clunky. What would be the top 3 mistakes that get crowned with those titles?

Ok I'll make a go at this....  

Clunky seems to be when their dance isn't fluid and sexy enough. Like stumbling around and heavy footed.  Think Jasmine during her first training camp. 

Noodle is similar to willowy. Think of a cooked piece of long spaghetti. Limp and willowy. Lacking power and punch to the dance.  A noodley dancer need to make more noise with her poms and be sharper with her movements.  The opposite of what Madeline was cut for last year.  Think Rachel Buckmaster. 

Awkward is hard bc it seems really subjective based on what they are seeing in the dancer.  Being turned in will look awkward.  Lacking confidence and looking unnatural and uncomfortable in the dance can make you look awkward. Like your body is doing something foreign to it by doing the dances.  

Hopefully some of that made sense. I'm no dancer so I'm just kinda regurgitating what I've heard them say on the show regarding these issues.  As far as specific mistakes, I couldn't say. Somebody help me out here??? Lol ? 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, Rita J said:

Ok I'll make a go at this....  

Clunky seems to be when their dance isn't fluid and sexy enough. Like stumbling around and heavy footed.  Think Jasmine during her first training camp. 

Noodle is similar to willowy. Think of a cooked piece of long spaghetti. Limp and willowy. Lacking power and punch to the dance.  A noodley dancer need to make more noise with her poms and be sharper with her movements.  The opposite of what Madeline was cut for last year.  Think Rachel Buckmaster. 

Awkward is hard bc it seems really subjective based on what they are seeing in the dancer.  Being turned in will look awkward.  Lacking confidence and looking unnatural and uncomfortable in the dance can make you look awkward. Like your body is doing something foreign to it by doing the dances.  

Hopefully some of that made sense. I'm no dancer so I'm just kinda regurgitating what I've heard them say on the show regarding these issues.  As far as specific mistakes, I couldn't say. Somebody help me out here??? Lol ? 

Okay...thanks. I read this and suddenly had a flash back to college when I got my first big chemistry lab assignment. That...OMG this is complicated.  I laughed so hard at myself just now. Heavy footed makes sense. I hadn't thought of it like that. Then I went back to watch the episode where Kelli says she loved the way Linzie pranced. Name may be off, forgive me. Madeline's seizure pop movement I call it. Okay....think I got some of it. I was too distracted by Jasmine's knock knees to notice her feet. Thanks Rita.

6 minutes ago, CompassionPatched said:

. I was too distracted by Jasmine's knock knees to notice her feet. Thanks Rita.

I wonder how her life would be if she never made DCC.  Sure wouldn't have been making a fool of herself on Bachelor or whichever she was on.

• Love 1

Lots of Good reads going on in this thread :)

I did want to comment that it seems to me, in a long time watching the show, that K&J are there every night for practice, and they do wear the uniform of that perticular day... ( flash back to when Kashira rookie year... )

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

I wonder how her life would be if she never made DCC.  Sure wouldn't have been making a fool of herself on Bachelor or whichever she was on.

I don't know. She was already a pro cheerleader, so she may have still sought the spotlight in some trashy TV wat. Maybe DCC tamed her for a few years. What if she would've been Flavor of Love or Rock of Love instead of the Bachelor *shudders*

• Love 4
6 hours ago, CompassionPatched said:

Okay...thanks. I read this and suddenly had a flash back to college when I got my first big chemistry lab assignment. That...OMG this is complicated.  I laughed so hard at myself just now. Heavy footed makes sense. I hadn't thought of it like that. Then I went back to watch the episode where Kelli says she loved the way Linzie pranced. Name may be off, forgive me. Madeline's seizure pop movement I call it. Okay....think I got some of it. I was too distracted by Jasmine's knock knees to notice her feet. Thanks Rita.

?

i definitely get confused too sometimes when they say awkward. For example Rose from a couple  seasons back. She too was confused by the awkward comment given to her.  I look at some of the girls Judy calls awkward and think, what's awkward about that! LOL but we don't see everything they see due to editing so....

1 hour ago, maineborzoi said:

Lots of Good reads going on in this thread :)

I did want to comment that it seems to me, in a long time watching the show, that K&J are there every night for practice, and they do wear the uniform of that perticular day... ( flash back to when Kashira rookie year... )

Okay marathon of question here. And I apologize, since I just binged watched everything for first time, my duh moments are aplenty.

I do wonder about rehearsal schedules. If ShellyB or another former DCC come across this. Curious as to how that really is. Kellie mentions often how group leaders hold their own mini practice sessions. Are all practices at the Star, or some off campus.? Is that one rookie TC practice  just for the show, or is it regular? Do all the girls still meet everyday collectively, like some in groups, some as rookies, others just vets? I mean WOW! Add showgroup and they must be so busy.

After catching up on episodes and season, I don't understand how the retirement vs not coming back after 1 year works. How do they announce that? Is there a different place to check for those? Like what happened to Raiders girl. I am new so I bet I am missing how all that works. Do they do anything official for girls who cheer for one year and opt not to try out again?

And does anyone know if a vet who retired or a one year person, came back to auditions and made the team again? I kinda got the feeling there is this undertone of not letting prior cheerleaders back in. If I had watched the shows over the years I would know this stuff, but I am crash coursing this. How do you guys remember all this stuff.  

2 hours ago, CompassionPatched said:

And does anyone know if a vet who retired or a one year person, came back to auditions and made the team again? I kinda got the feeling there is this undertone of not letting prior cheerleaders back in. If I had watched the shows over the years I would know this stuff, but I am crash coursing this. How do you guys remember all this stuff.  

I believe @ShellyB took some time off and came back.

3 hours ago, CompassionPatched said:

Whittney Ott?

59 minutes ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Whittney Ott?

Wasn't there a girl ( can't think of her name) who was a rookie on the 2006 team with Brooke S then got cut in 2007 but came back in 2008? 

11 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Wasn't there a girl ( can't think of her name) who was a rookie on the 2006 team with Brooke S then got cut in 2007 but came back in 2008? 

Not sure on that one but didn't Whittney leave to have a baby and reaudition later?

21 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

Hey guys I found this old archive article that covers lots of past DCC . There were several who came back. http://sodcc.org/DCC_Newsletter/Entries/2012/9/17_New_&_Now.html

Check it out, it's interesting flash back. Really cool. Whittney did come back several years later and was on for another 2 or 3 years. More have done it than I would have guessed although most were 10 years or more ago. Doesn't seem to be any in more recent years that I could find.

added info

Did see in the DCC newsletter noted above that they showed the original 2 hour pilot which I remember watching.  They would know who owns it in order for them to acquire the rights to show the movie to the former DCC.  Wonder if there is anyway it can be released for us to buy?

2 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

Did see in the DCC newsletter noted above that they showed the original 2 hour pilot which I remember watching.  They would know who owns it in order for them to acquire the rights to show the movie to the former DCC.  Wonder if there is anyway it can be released for us to buy?

I would LOVE to get my hands on the first 2-hour special from 2005!  I've never seen it.  HELP!!!  :)

• Love 5