Type keyword(s) to search

DCC Q&A: Mysteries of the DCC World

• Start Topic

23 minutes ago, Tootie said:

No, there was a different segment about a fan up north (I want to say Chicago?) who dreamed of being a DCC. She's the one that had her own costume.  I remember she actually did pretty good!  It was also during the time Meredith was there.

• Love 3

I remember the African American woman in the Halloween costume doing sexy hips! I feel like that was season 5 because Crystal had the long hair and it wasn't the in between stage of her Lisa Rinna and Long hair!  This oprah segment was during season 4 based on Crystal's hair length. 

(edited)
9 hours ago, Ante said:

Not only does that blouse look nothing like the original...how would this seller even have an "official" top?!   Hopefully a buyer would research the cost ($300, really now?) and see that no uniforms are ever kept by cheerleaders once they are retired or cut.  I don't think any real DCC fan would ever be suckered into that ridiculousness. 

P.S. That seller should be ashamed of themselves.  That's such an asshole thing to do. 

Well, I asked the seller, and they said that they  got it at a yard sale and took it to a shop, and the shop said that it was an official DCC uniform. They then said they'd get a second opinion if I was interested. I said no, thank you, I have spoken with Shelly Bramhall, a former DCC who works for the Cowboys organization and she has confirmed that this is not an official top, but a costume (along with differences in said top). I've also reported the item as a bootleg/fake. They have a 100% rating, and over 800 sales. Not everyone is as savvy as we are about all things DCC lol!

9 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah definitely not. They only make the uniforms up to a certain size. They would have had to make her a custom uniform from scratch, which is not something they would have wanted (or needed in my opinion) to do. Personally I would need about four uniforms to cover my body. One blouse for each boob and so on. I'll spare you the rest of the details.

giphy.gif

Edited by QuiteCalM
  • Love 10
7 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yes this is the GMA segment I was referring to that was featured on MTT. 

33 minutes ago, QuiteCalM said:

Well, I asked the seller, and they said that they  got it at a yard sale and took it to a shop, and the shop said that it was an official DCC uniform. They then said they'd get a second opinion if I was interested. I said no, thank you, I have spoken with Shelly Bramhall, a former DCC who works for the Cowboys organization and she has confirmed that this is not an official top, but a costume (along with differences in said top). I've also reported the item as a bootleg/fake. They have a 100% rating, and over 800 sales. Not everyone is as savvy as we are about all things DCC lol!

giphy.gif

BURN

• Love 3
9 hours ago, RhiRhi said:

Are you saying it wasn't the Halloween costume? Not sure what the " " mean. 

I'm sure she wouldn't have fit a regular uniform but they do have a seamstress and it was the Oprah show!

I thought it was Good Morning America??

2 hours ago, QuiteCalM said:

giphy.gif

So, she gets it at a yard sale and the  jacks up the price to $300?!  This world...smh.

Also, 100% rating - not anymore! DAYUM girl!

IMG_5711.GIF

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, Ante said:

So, she gets it at a yard sale and the  jacks up the price to $300?!  This world...smh.

Also, 100% rating - not anymore! DAYUM girl!

IMG_5711.GIF

Lol. Well, the seller took it down and thanked me for the information. So their rating stays at 100%. And it should. This person sells used sweat pants and film from 1980. I don't think it was nefarious. I think they weren't very careful in their appraisal.

People try to sell what they believe is an antique or genuine artifact all the time. Ever watch pawn stars or antiques roadshow? I reported it just in case they didn't remove it, but they did, and happily so. Problem solved! 

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuiteCalM said:

Lol. Well, the seller took it down and thanked me for the information. So their rating stays at 100%. And it should. This person sells used sweat pants and film from 1980. I don't think it was nefarious. I think they weren't very careful in their appraisal.

People try to sell what they believe is an antique or genuine artifact all the time. Ever watch pawn stars or antiques roadshow? I reported it just in case they didn't remove it, but they did, and happily so. Problem solved! 

Well, good on you! ? 

Also, used sweatpants? Dear god, no. 

• Love 1
22 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yeah definitely not. They only make the uniforms up to a certain size. They would have had to make her a custom uniform from scratch, which is not something they would have wanted (or needed in my opinion) to do. Personally I would need about four uniforms to cover my body. One blouse for each boob and so on. I'll spare you the rest of the details.

Me too. Don't forget the inustrial bra with the tit-anium underwire to ratchet that cleavage.

• Love 4

@ShellyB, I was wondering, given there was no air conditioning in Texas Stadium, how in the world did you and all the girls deal with dancing in that heat in August and early September?  When I dance in a room that's too hot I feel like I'm gonna pass out!! Was there ever a consideration for the same uniform but with a short sleeve blue blouse??  

Another thing I was wondering about was the boots, are these particular boots designed in a different way on the inside to conform to dancing for hours in them and not mutilating their feet? Or do they just tape the feet up and wear like 3 prs of socks?

• Love 1
14 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I was wondering, given there was no air conditioning in Texas Stadium, how in the world did you and all the girls deal with dancing in that heat in August and early September?  When I dance in a room that's too hot I feel like I'm gonna pass out!! Was there ever a consideration for the same uniform but with a short sleeve blue blouse??  

Another thing I was wondering about was the boots, are these particular boots designed in a different way on the inside to conform to dancing for hours in them and not mutilating their feet? Or do they just tape the feet up and wear like 3 prs of socks?

We conditioned ourselves to be in the heat. Many practices outside & hydration throughout training camp. The uniform is iconic and has had very few changes. Sleeveless would change the look drastically. In 1990, we added a 2nd uniform that looked like an ice skating costume, the Star uniform. We would either start the game with it or change at halftime. That didn't last long, the fans were not fans of that look, so we used it on Show Group for one of our routines.

The boots, over the years, have been standard boots by the given designer/sponsor. So, we broke them in during rehearsals and found our own ways to make them comfortable. For a few seasons, Capezio made the boots and naturally they were in tune to dancers needs. With Lucchese, they have really listened & modified their process to what the girls need. I was fortunate to go to their headquarters and see how the boots are made. Each pair is handmade, traveling through different stages and bookmakers hands....kinda cool. 

• Love 16
3 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB What would it take to get you and Kelli and Judy to demonstrate something on a CMT filming night for this season?  I've seen Kelli and Judy demonstrate the arms for the field entrance before.

Hmmm....?

• Love 6
8 hours ago, ShellyB said:

The boots, over the years, have been standard boots by the given designer/sponsor. So, we broke them in during rehearsals and found our own ways to make them comfortable. For a few seasons, Capezio made the boots and naturally they were in tune to dancers needs. With Lucchese, they have really listened & modified their process to what the girls need. I was fortunate to go to their headquarters and see how the boots are made. Each pair is handmade, traveling through different stages and bookmakers hands....kinda cool. 

My daughter wears Lucchese boots with the SMU Pom Squad and she says that while they are not the easiest to dance in, there is just something very special about putting them on for a game.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, Law Mom said:

My daughter wears Lucchese boots with the SMU Pom Squad and she says that while they are not the easiest to dance in, there is just something very special about putting them on for a game.

My former student just made SMU Pom! Can't wait to watch her at a game this Fall! 

• Love 5
28 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

My former student just made SMU Pom! Can't wait to watch her at a game this Fall! 

That's wonderful! It's a great group of girls. I hope she loves it as much as my daughter does!

13 hours ago, DCCFanInKy said:

@ShellyB What would it take to get you and Kelli and Judy to demonstrate something on a CMT filming night for this season?  I've seen Kelli and Judy demonstrate the arms for the field entrance before.

I remember Judy asking Kelli if she remembered the field entrance and she said hell yeah. Love to see her and Judy both do it.

• Love 4
27 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

And they better hit those lines!

Yes!  Maybe the girls (or even better, Kitty) can stand on the side yelling 'LINES!!!' while they do it?!?!  @ShellyB can you please, please, pretty please make this happen? 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, GaveIn said:

Yes!  Maybe the girls (or even better, Kitty) can stand on the side yelling 'LINES!!!' while they do it?!?!  @ShellyB can you please, please, pretty please make this happen? 

Someone can yell "stop skipping!".

• Love 10

They posted photos of all the groups which included the TCCs

54 minutes ago, MrsEVH said:

@ShellyB: Now that TC is going on, will we ever get a picture of the TCCS?

• Love 1
On 6/16/2017 at 2:14 PM, ShellyB said:

We conditioned ourselves to be in the heat. Many practices outside & hydration throughout training camp. The uniform is iconic and has had very few changes. Sleeveless would change the look drastically. In 1990, we added a 2nd uniform that looked like an ice skating costume, the Star uniform. We would either start the game with it or change at halftime. That didn't last long, the fans were not fans of that look, so we used it on Show Group for one of our routines.

I have the book the Scholz sisters wrote and they talked about how they were "conditioned" to get used to the heat in the stadium.  Apparently they were denied water and one of the girls developed a hearing problem because she lost so much fluid in her ear from the constant dehydration.

The "official" pic was taken after the TCC's were named.  That's how they do it every year.  Then you have the returning vets take one before the first meeting.  I don't remember there being another one taken during the summer.

6 minutes ago, scorpio1031 said:

The "official" pic was taken after the TCC's were named.  That's how they do it every year.  Then you have the returning vets take one before the first meeting.  I don't remember there being another one taken during the summer.

Yes, but we haven't seen it yet...  they haven't released it.

5 hours ago, missmansfield said:

I have the book the Scholz sisters wrote and they talked about how they were "conditioned" to get used to the heat in the stadium.  Apparently they were denied water and one of the girls developed a hearing problem because she lost so much fluid in her ear from the constant dehydration.

Haven't read it, don't care to read it. Between the three sisters, the dramatizations seem to increase with each of their tenures. I've only met them in social settings prior to their book release, as they don't attend anything pertaining to alumni.   We were not denied water. We were told to hydrate throughout the day so that during rehearsal, you could build up stamina. We had water breaks during the games as well. 

4 hours ago, Tootie said:

Yes, but we haven't seen it yet...  they haven't released it.

I believe it will come out shortly before the premiere. 

• Love 7

@ShellyB, I was just watching some old youtube videos of the 90s and saw a few clips of you and some of my favorite DCC performers from those years, Tandra and Christina. Since you are on the scenes still even though not a current DCC,  you have involvement in these ladies lives and can grasp somewhat of an idea of what being a DCC is like today,  what would you say the experience of being a DCC is like comparing the years you were one and now with there being such a drastic change in how entertainment is viewed and experienced, especially with the social media and  the exposure/visibility they get.  I actually kind of miss those days when relationships and communication were more genuine and the values, tradition and reputation of an organization were evident and not subject to the OPINION and criticism of so many who have no idea what they are talking about (SM). Of course, I like the access to DCC performances via internet just need the cameras to back up a bit so I can see the entire group dancing LOL.  Thanks for being willing to answer our questions too.  

• Love 1
6 hours ago, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, I was just watching some old youtube videos of the 90s and saw a few clips of you and some of my favorite DCC performers from those years, Tandra and Christina. Since you are on the scenes still even though not a current DCC,  you have involvement in these ladies lives and can grasp somewhat of an idea of what being a DCC is like today,  what would you say the experience of being a DCC is like comparing the years you were one and now with there being such a drastic change in how entertainment is viewed and experienced, especially with the social media and  the exposure/visibility they get.  I actually kind of miss those days when relationships and communication were more genuine and the values, tradition and reputation of an organization were evident and not subject to the OPINION and criticism of so many who have no idea what they are talking about (SM). Of course, I like the access to DCC performances via internet just need the cameras to back up a bit so I can see the entire group dancing LOL.  Thanks for being willing to answer our questions too.  

Biggest difference is the interaction with the fans. We had fan mail!!! Tons of fan mail, most of which  I kept. The names and places change with each appearance and show, but the experiences are the same. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, ShellyB said:

Biggest difference is the interaction with the fans. We had fan mail!!! Tons of fan mail, most of which  I kept. The names and places change with each appearance and show, but the experiences are the same. 

So is there now limited fan interaction and less mail due to safety concerns?  As someone who watched this show since the 2 hr pilot, I have no idea how to send fan mail and would probably just find the address to the Star and hope it arrives.  Thanks for always keeping us on point about info.

4 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

So is there now limited fan interaction and less mail due to safety concerns?  As someone who watched this show since the 2 hr pilot, I have no idea how to send fan mail and would probably just find the address to the Star and hope it arrives.  Thanks for always keeping us on point about info.

I would think it's just because of social media.  Instead of sending a letter, fans post on Twitter, Instagram , etc hoping to get that immediate feedback.  Not only that, but I think there are a lot of "young whippersnappers" who don't know what snail mail is:)

• Love 2
(edited)
7 hours ago, cherryblossom said:

They still get fan mail, it's just not as heavy as it was before SM. All fan mail goes through DCC, so safety concerns are minimal. They probably have as much interaction, it's more instantaneous now. 

Edited by ShellyB
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, ShellyB said:

They still get fan mail, it's just not as heavy as it was before SM. All fan mail goes through DCC, so safety concerns are minimal. They probably have as much interaction, it's more instantaneous now. 

@ShellyB are the twitter or Instagram accounts of the DCC moderated by DCC staff? For instance, if someone is posting or commenting in an offensive, derogatory, or harassing way, would DCC nip that in the bid or do the girls manage their own accounts? Specifically, I am referring to the "DCC_[name]" accounts. 

Edited by AnnMichele
(edited)
40 minutes ago, AnnMichele said:

@ShellyB are the twitter or Instagram accounts of the DCC moderated by DCC staff? For instance, if someone is posting or commenting in an offensive, derogatory, or harassing way, would DCC nip that in the bid or do the girls manage their own accounts? Specifically, I am referring to the "DCC_[name]" accounts. 

I imagine they are. Some guy wrote something crass on KaShara's account. I sent him a message telling him it was rude. He sent me something even worse. Quickly I blocked him and I noticed his comment was gone from her comment section. It made me shudder to think of some of the nasty people out there. BTW I am new to IG where strangers can just follow you verses FB where you have to ok it.

Edited by Rosiemac
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, Rosiemac said:

I imagine they are. Some guy wrote something crass on KaShara's account. I sent him a message telling him it was rude. He sent me something even worse. Quickly I blocked him and I noticed his comment was gone from her comment section. It made me shudder to think of some of the nasty people out there. BTW I am new to IG where strangers can just follow you verses FB where you have to ok it.

You can set your IG to private as well

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Rosiemac said:

A few years ago someone (appeared to be woman) was harassing Paige really badly on twitter, calling her horrible names and posting nasty manipulated images of her and I was shocked she wasn't blocked as it went on for months. 

In hindsight I think it may have been around the time she got divorced which can bring out the ugly in friends, family etc. 

On 6/21/2017 at 5:33 PM, AnnMichele said:

Their DCC accounts are managed by DCFC Social Media Dept. 

On 6/26/2017 at 5:14 PM, DCCroutineFAN said:

@ShellyB, What are the qualifications for a DCC to be a game day girl?

Showmanship, style, tenure....the normal things

On 6/28/2017 at 7:02 PM, QuiteCalM said:

@ShellyB are y'all putting the optimists creed on the new studio wall at The Star like at valley ranch?  

It's in the locker room!

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, ShellyB said:

Showmanship, style, tenure....the normal things

It's in the locker room!

Whew!! Now I don't have to remove the framed version from my bathroom. Wanna stay true to dcc design, dontchya know! 

• Love 7

So I've only seen from season seven on and only the pay the seasons more than once...I know we've seen social media training, what not to wear, I now know about dining etiquette sessions, have they every done a meeting with the girls on how to handle hospital visits? @ShellyB do you all discuss with the girls what to say and how to handle emotions when visiting hospitals? I think that would be a great segments, informative for everyone.

• Love 1