Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E06: Grief and Relief

• Start Topic

On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:19 AM, archer1267 said:

After a trip to Heather's Berkshire home, where Sonja was throwing herself at that 20 year-old boat captain, Sonja blogged that "we have to keep things interesting for you guys." I don't know how much of her Mae West routine is for the cameras, and how much is Sonja being her natural self, but I felt for the photographer. He was there to do a professional job and she just would. not. let. up. It's like when that poor plumber came over several seasons ago and Sonja somehow started talking to him about her intern Millsaps' boobs. 

The dog poop thing was weird! If she was going to go so far as to pick up the poop and neatly arrange it for the housekeeper, why not take the extra step of actually DISPOSING OF IT herself? Oh Sonja...was this to preserve the pecking order of your townhouse? It's your friggin' dog!

I guess I'm one of the few who enjoyed seeing Victoria. Her inflection or sometimes slack-jawed expressions can make her seem spacey, but she often has good insight into people or a situation. 

YESSSSS.  I remember posting about that trip and how gross her and Ramona were.  There's a total double standard at play.  If men their age were acting that way towards women the captain's age, everyone would be in an uproar.  But because it's a woman throwing herself at a man, it's somehow okay?  I guess only women can be sexually harassed when they're trying to do their jobs.  This has bothered me about some of these women for a long time now.  I wish SOMEONE would call them out on it.

• Love 19
(edited)
41 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Sonja begins by flirting with the photographer from the jump. I'm not sure what she would have done if the photographer was a female.

I have faith that she  would have found a way to embarass herself.

I wish someone call her out about acting like that it a professional meeting, t5hat shit isn't cool just because she is a woman being inappropriate, instead of a man.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 11
(edited)
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:21 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

Beth knows how Dorinda gets when she drinks so she admits that she had pre game cocktails in her room with her, then drinks at the bar, then takes a dig saying I think she did drinks before she had drinks with me... So in reality that whole scene that was caused is pretty much on the shoulders of beth you supply someone who you say is an alcoholic with booze then get pissed when they act the way they do like you had no idea what she was gonna do.... I'm sorry that was a sneaky underhanded thing to do to anyone ...yes Dorinda may be an alcoholic but Beth sure has hell helped in making that shit show dinner happen then stood back like none of this was me...

Dorinda is responsible for Dorinda.  It's not Bethenny's responsibility to monitor her alcohol intake.  She's her friend, not her mother or chaperone.  Why isn't Dorinda responsible for getting sloppy drunk by 7 pm when she knew she was going to be having dinner with Bethenny's coworkers?  Beth managed to have drinks too and not become falling down drunk.  Sneaky and underhanded?  Come on.  Give Dorinda a little credit here, she's not a child.  Also, Beth was very sympathetic and kind, despite being mortified at Dorinda's behavior.  Even after Dorinda made a fool of herself and Beth at that dinner, Beth didn't have one negative thing to say about her to the others.  I doubt that would be the case if she was plotting the whole thing out.  

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 18
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

I'm sorry thats like saying I know this dog bites people when i feed it a treat ...then stuffing the dog with treats and inviting people to pet it then saying oh no i didnt know that would happen .... Bethenny even said before they got to that dinner she knew Dorinda was drunk....is it all bethenny's fault no but she facilitated in that shit show then tried to dump it all on Dorinda

I think some people are forgetting that Bethenny grew up with an alcoholic.  Perhaps she's tired of being responsible for an alcoholic's drinking.  And Dorinda isn't always mean and nasty when she's drunk.  I'm guessing Beth knew she was drunk but was hoping for the best (I mean, what do you want her to do?  Lock Dorinda in her room?  Swap out her wine glass for water when she's not looking?).  Beth clearly looked very embarrassed at that dinner, pretty much like she wanted to sink into the ground.  I doubt she'd look like that if this was the outcome she had been hoping for.  Honestly, I think this insistence on blaming Beth for Dorinda's bad behavior is coming from a place of dislike for Beth in general. 

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Maybe Carol's looked like a lot because they were all on separate plates (because she's ridiculous.)  

Recently minted Japanophile here!  It’s a typical thing over there to serve different foods on separate dishes at each place setting. I used this to good advantage at a lunch party I hosted. A bowl of stew, a smaller bowl for slaw, a small plate for garlic bread — everybody absolutely COMMENTED on how MUCH there was and how wonderful it all was!  

That said, Carole IS ridiculous and I FF’ed right thru both packages featuring her. (I hadn’t planned to watch but my houseguest had it on when I got home and wisely handed me the remote.  Heh!)

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Juneau Gal said:

I may be the last person standing on this, but I still like Dorinda. Yep, she abuses alcohol and is a nasty drunk, but when she went on about being alone and possibly dying alone, it broke my heart and it spoke volumes as to why the drinking. Even though I am married, with a husband in the military, I have spent many, many days alone and have had the same thoughts that Dorinda expressed, especially when I quit working in an office and began working from home. In that situation, where you are not expected anywhere and no one else is in the home, your mind does/can go to dark places. I feel for Dorinda and truly hope she did gift herself with therapy for 2018.

I totally get that too and couldn't agree more. I am minus the husband, and no kids, and no close family. Just me and two four-legged fuzzballs, working from home. And I just relocated to another state and don't know anyone, so that isolation is even worse. 

Regardless of the condition of the speaker, those words ring true like no one can imagine unless they've lived it. And like I said, at least she has a boyfriend and a daughter who would find her sooner rather than later. I'm definitely in the situation of no one would know until they noticed the smell . . .  most times I'm okay with it, but man, you do think about it. . . 

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, lezlers said:

Beth clearly looked very embarrassed at that dinner, pretty much like she wanted to sink into the ground.  I doubt she'd look like that if this was the outcome she had been hoping for.  

Yeah. Personally, I think the belligerent and loud Dorinda we saw in the Bronx and the Hamptons (and everywhere else, let's be real) was a lot less offensive than what we saw here. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, LadyK said:

Yes, just as when Beth made the revelations to Luanne about Tom's indiscretions at the Regency Bar, this was all very carefully orchestrated, IMO. While I was a Beth fan in the early years, I am growing tired of the very slanted portrayals of the housewives.  Yes, Dorinda is clearly  in need of some therapy; her abuse of alcohol has been filmed repeatedly. Sonja and her Grey  Garden delusions have just grown to be pathetic and sad. This year, Carole would seem to have fallen into that  acerbic, biting camera range angle.  Beth, on the other  hand, with the exception of the Christmas Berkshire scene when she morphed into a shrieking harridan, has only flattering portrayals or ones designed to evoke sympathy {as she went through her divorce} Of course, she deserves many, many "kadooz" for her wonderful work in P.R.  I did appreciate seeing the amazing team she was able to bring together to accomplish so much.  Her portrayal though has become as through the gauze covered lens from Moonlighting {I know, I am dating myself}  Beth is a "savvy business woman, building a S.G. empire, a worldly sophisticated woman about town, a brilliant investor  in real estate, socially sought after by billionaire jet owners".  Addressing these difficult issues of cheating and drinking excess, first with Luanne, then with Dorinda, respectively are not heartless  in and of themselves.  It is the clearly carefully planned filming of these conversations that makes it cruel. I doubt though, that the gauze will ever fall away and Beth will remain the Cybil Shepherd of the show. 

This entire post was brilliantly written, I'm saying YES... YES..... YES in my head

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

There would be no reason for Bethenny, or any of the others, to expect anything different from Dorinda when she is drinking, none, based on first hand experience.  

I disagree. We've seen her on film before, drunk, but not raging. Sometimes she's just silly and talks a bit too much. She hasn't always gotten nasty with someone. 

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Totally agree.  Anyone who would seriously talk smack about someone embarking on humanitarian efforts is clearly just being a hater.  I saw a meme the other day saying if Obama had cured cancer, Trump wouldn't allow anyone to use the cure.  It's at that level.  And don't even start with the "she's patting herself on the back!"  It's called "raising awareness."  PR is far from out of the woods and our government is still ignoring the problem.  Beth could use all the continued help she can get.

LOL.  I really really really strongly disagree that Bethenny and Obama are peas in a pod.  The comparison doesn't work for me.

58 minutes ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Yes. Just as an example, I know an alcoholic who drinks excessively and justifies it in a variety of ways. 

”I just got fired.”

“It’s a wedding! I’m celebrating!”

These both seem like good reasons to drink to me, but I think there are a lot of buckets of drinkers.  Dorinda can't handle her liquor, so can't a few of my family members.  I know others who are perfectly happy when they drink, and some who just go to sleep.  As long as people aren't abusive or endanger themselves or others, then drinking when you're fired or at a wedding seem like okay reasons to me.   But being an alcoholic, an actual alcoholic who is addicted, who actually needs to stop drinking altogether is different, clearly.  Alcoholics just shouldn't drink, so if that's what you mean I get it.

I've ordered avocado toast at breakfast places and some of them serve it with cheese.  I like cheese, but not with avocado toast personally.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 7
(edited)

I will have to say this about Bethenny-I do like how she is ever so slightly addressing the elephant in the room-these women talk too much about their pasts.  Bethenny is living in the here and now with her relief efforts, Luann is starting over after a divorce and pursuing a cabaret career, Tinsley is doing something with Scott but damn Carole, Dorinda, Sonja and Ramona dwell in the past.

Dorinda should be well enough not to act so goofy going on and on about  a successful bald man in a bad sweater.   I felt bad for John. Had Luann done that Bethenny would have cleaned her clock.  Had Sonja, Bethenny and Dorinda would have ripped her a new one.  Instead it was Ramona's party thrown for Carole and Dorinda made it all about her.  

Back to Bethenny, at some point it has to be just so mind numbing to hear about how Anthony ran the NYC Marathon 30 years ago, Richard and his successes and drunken Dorinda.  I don't think Richard was some great relief volunteer-he may have donated and raised money but Dorinda was bad about her assertions and she is regressing.  Her crying about regressing-thankfully Bethenny addressed the bigger elephant-Dorinda needs to move on and she isn't the only one who has sustained a loss.  I don't think Bethenny realizes what a total turd Dorinda is-she stalks and uses John.  Going to his business everyday,tracking and checking his phone-now John's blessing to see if DOrinda needs another or a new man?  My guess is Dorinda-if not going out, is probably out by 7:00 pm drunk as a skunk.  Rinse and repeat with Carole-the great widow and the much older girlfriend.  Make it simple for the audience one man at a time not a man and a ghost.  Most of these women have hammered Luann about her ties to being a Countess.  At least Luann doesn't pine away about the Count.  She did the honorable thing-have Bravo pay her for a special.  That way we don't have to keep reliving the past.

Edited by zoeysmom
  • Love 11
21 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I think some people are forgetting that Bethenny grew up with an alcoholic.  Perhaps she's tired of being responsible for an alcoholic's drinking.  And Dorinda isn't always mean and nasty when she's drunk.  I'm guessing Beth knew she was drunk but was hoping for the best (I mean, what do you want her to do?  Lock Dorinda in her room?  Swap out her wine glass for water when she's not looking?).  Beth clearly looked very embarrassed at that dinner, pretty much like she wanted to sink into the ground.  I doubt she'd look like that if this was the outcome she had been hoping for.  Honestly, I think this insistence on blaming Beth for Dorinda's bad behavior is coming from a place of dislike for Beth in general. 

Because she grew up with alcoholics, she knew better than to trust an alcoholic to behave themselves or to make better choices about their drinking! 

4 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I disagree. We've seen her on film before, drunk, but not raging. Sometimes she's just silly and talks a bit too much. She hasn't always gotten nasty with someone. 

The only time Dorinda hasn't gotten nasty when she is drunk is when no one questions her, when no one corrects her and Bethenny did both. 

• Love 10
(edited)
49 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

OMG, she's nothing like the President.  

I don't think @RYEBREAD was comparing Beth to President Trump, per se. I think she meant their situations are similar in that for both of them,their haters, no matter what they do, there will never be anything good enough to stop despising them. I think you may have misunderstood, jmo.

Edited by SweetieDarling
sorry for sloppy grammar
  • Love 11

One great thing about the old place is they would shut down the middle school-esque "haters!" and "just jealous!" foolishness. 

Cosign everyone else who wondered why Luann's daughter looked unwashed. But she's rich and doesn't have to worry about being a corporate cog like many of us so more power to her if that's just her style.

Also cosign the "wtf?" comments about Luann hugging her kid and then longing for a boyfriend. She's basically Lily Van der Woodsen but less classy.

• Love 10
(edited)
20 hours ago, WireWrap said:

I disagree, why would any on them assume Dorinda's drinking only happened when they filmed? Especially Bethenny, who complained about John having to carry Dorinda to bed at Bethenny's Hampton's house after Dorinda got nasty drunk with Bethenny during a get together at Bethenny's house 2 summers ago? In other words this wasn't an isolated incident, Dorinda has gotten nasty with Bethenny outside of filming before again, another reason to not invite the most volatile HW in the group to something so important. 

They also have had various get togethers where nobody's drunk - it's the command performance dinner parties where everybody seems to go off the rails. When they meet for lunch or spa dates or are sitting around waiting for production to get its act together and start rolling, presumably Dorinda's sober more often than she's not. And wasn't she the one who accompanied Bethenny to her GYN appointment when she was having her uterine issues?  She showed genuine empathy and the concern of an actual friend.  

Any suggestion that Ramona be the one to come to PR... remember what she said SOBER to the blind governor of New York in one of the first seasons?  

18 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

There was something so disconnected about the Coupon Cabin commercial.  Six people who appear to have nothing in common.

Six people who had signed the contract while they were still on decent terms?

Edited by kassa
  • Love 4
On 5/10/2018 at 2:03 PM, ghoulina said:

I'm not saying there isn't some overlap (and probably was with Nicole too), but Adam just seems too lazy to engage a whole lot of deception. 

Also, am I the only one who finds the idea of him wanting kids a bit mind-blowing? I cannot see him taking care of a child! I actually worry about those animals they have if Carole's not around. 

They've had drinks before and it hasn't ended like this. Dorinda doesn't ALWAYS devolve into a nasty drunk. Sometimes she's just fun and silly. Generally, whens he gets aggressive, it's with people she has a history with. I think it's possible that Bethenny didn't realize the full extent of her problem UNTIL this night. 

What, you didn't realize that Adam is on a quest to meet The Love Of His Life And The Mother Of His Children and that old, wrinkled, dried up old egg-less Carole cannot possibly provide him what he truly wants, His Family??   

On 5/10/2018 at 2:58 PM, Yours Truly said:

In committed relationships you don't do olympic medal gymnastics to redefine it as a non relationship relationship either and yes fuckships (if done maturely enough) can involve social appearances. They are the one's who never officially claimed a committed relationship.  I mean of course conclusions can be made but at the same time they created this messy set of circumstances and I sure ain't gonna romanticize what they have or had when they themselves couldn't even muster enough respect for it to claim it to be anything but "enjoying each other while it lasts". 

I understand assuming a committed relationship over time and would have no problem putting this situation in that category IF it wasn't for all the adamant declarations that they WEREN'T really a couple all this time so I can only use what was presented to us about what THEY felt their relationship was about.  

I don't believe that they never claimed a committed relationship, they claimed that they knew that their relationship would not be a lifelong relationship, given the age difference.  They never claimed they "weren't really a couple".  

21 hours ago, ridethemaverick said:

Watching now on DVR. Carole is too damn old to be this naive about relationships. Carole, of COURSE Adam was perfectly happy to stick around and have sex without strings as long as you let him. I have yet to meet a man who WOULDN'T do that. She was what they call a "placeholder" and now she's pissed that she's no longer needed now that Adam found someone he truly likes. Again, she's too old/experienced to be all shocked and hurt by this.

Breakups are hard, they are messy and feelings don't go away just because you are "old" or experienced.  I believe that Carole and Adam love each other and loved each other.  They have been together for years and are apparently still together in some form, as they just went on a trip together.  

Bitch Eating Eggs. 

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, kassa said:

Given they just spent the a week vacationing together in Dubai, it appears those six still get along.

• Love 5
(edited)
15 hours ago, WireWrap said:

none of them are perfect, that includes Bethenny, and we call them all out on their nasty/stupid/self serving behavior.

Agreed  (and those kinds of comments, pro or con - "Bethenny haters always hate everything she's done!"/"Bethenny lovers always excuse the awful things she's done!" -  aren't snarking on the housewives, but the posters, which is off topic here, thank god). 

As for jealousy as the motivation for criticizing a housewife -- that always feels like such an old-fashioned idea to me  (as if we're all sitting on the staircase at Tara,  jellus' of Miz Scarlett playing the hussy with the Tarleton twins) instead of what usually happens  --  pretty smart posters offering their opinion based on what's been seen on the show/in the media, and arguing interpretation/sometimes facts (roll the tape!)

It's not Bethenny's responsibility to monitor her alcohol intake. 

Sure.  But as an adult child of an alcoholic, she should know not to enable anyone with a drinking problem - that actually is her responsbility, if she wants to step out of the cycle that began in her childhood. 

Bitch Eating Eggs. 

I don't agree with you at all about Carole,  @shoegal, but jesus, that's funny. 

Edited by film noire
brevity, baby, brevity.
  • Love 13
(edited)
35 minutes ago, kassa said:

They also have had various get togethers where nobody's drunk - it's the command performance dinner parties where everybody seems to go off the rails. When they meet for lunch or spa dates or are sitting around waiting for production to get its act together and start rolling, presumably Dorinda's sober more often than she's not. And wasn't she the one who accompanied Bethenny to her GYN appointment when she was having her uterine issues?  She showed genuine empathy and the concern of an actual friend.  

Any suggestion that Ramona be the one to come to PR... remember what she said SOBER to the blind governor of New York in one of the first seasons?  

Thanks for the giggle and, yes, I do remember...I think everyone within earshot was mortified.

---

Regarding the Slurinda situation, I wonder if it's possible that Dorinda was fine and she and Bethenny went to their respective rooms to freshen up for dinner, and Dorinda might have been drinking during that period without Bethenny even being aware of it.

I've only partly watched the episode, so I'm not sure if they went straight from the room with the money bag down to the restaurant or if they went their separate ways until the meeting which would have provided an opportunity for Dorinda to continue drinking on her own without Bethenny's knowledge.

It's entirely possible Bethenny noticed Dorinda had been imbibing when they met up to go to the bar before the dinner but decided to go ahead and bring her to the dinner rather than risk a huge security-worthy scene ensuing if she were to confront Dorinda about being tipsy/trashed and Dorinda went fullblown batshit on her before the dinner even started.

Mr. Persnickety could be come home and *seem* fine but minutes later start slurring his words, not make any sense, and become unable to walk a straight line....because he had partaken of a couple of shots before he walked in the door that hadn't yet hit him.

Maybe the degree to which Dorinda was intoxicated just wasn't apparent until she had been at the table at a few minutes.  

I honestly don't believe Bethenny set her up to look bad.  

Only Dorinda made Dorinda look bad.

If seeing herself on film the past couple of years being a drunken, slobbering, obnoxious, falling down, aggressive bag of anger hasn't made Dorinda realize she has a problem, no amount of confrontation is going to make her change, either.  

Like any addict, no matter from what walk of life, Dorinda will not change until she herself is ready to change.  

Sad, sad situation because I find Dorinda delightful when she's not fallen down the drunken rabbit hole.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 11

Dorinda is taking no responsibility and just bashing on Bethany. I have a hard time believing she didn't know about the dinner. If true, she still has no excuse. Blah, blah ,blah.

Hey Slurinda, you were the one ordering drink after drink getting hammered slamming them back not caring that you are starting on a charity mission not kicking off a beach vacation. You made an ass of yourself by yourself.  

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-medley-for-better-or?amp

• Love 9

Sonja reminds me more and more of Norma Desmond in Sunset Boulevard each year   And I get that it’s for television, but I think it is cringeworthy and utterly inappropriate when women like Sonja (or Tamara B) get sexually inappropriate with strange men they encounter on tours or who come in to do work for them/ with them.  Most men won’t let on how uncomfortable it makes them feel...but if there was a gender reversal and it was a guy so obnoxiously hitting on a woman, I bet more people would have a lot to say.  

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, Giselle said:

Dorinda is taking no responsibility and just bashing on Bethany. I have a hard time believing she didn't know about the dinner. If true, she still has no excuse. Blah, blah ,blah.

Hey Slurinda, you were the one ordering drink after drink getting hammered slamming them back not caring that you are starting on a charity mission not kicking off a beach vacation. You made an ass of yourself by yourself.  

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/dorinda-medley/dorinda-medley-for-better-or?amp

OMG!   Dorinda knew she was three sheets to the wind and went to dinner anyway.   She could have said she was tired, not feeling well or had too much to drink.    It sounds like after drinking with Bethenny, Dorinda continued drinking in her room.     Nice try Dorinda but there's no blaming Bethenny for this one.

• Love 14

Regarding Victoria and a hairbrush.   I was surprised to read that she is a successful model in New York City.  This seems to be the trend now, housewive's daughters becoming models.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, AnnA said:

OMG!   Dorinda knew she was three sheets to the wind and went to dinner anyway.   She could have said she was tired, not feeling well or had too much to drink.    It sounds like after drinking with Bethenny, Dorinda continued drinking in her room.     Nice try Dorinda but there's no blaming Bethenny for this one.

Well, that confirms my above speculation.  I was assuming perhaps the women had gone their separate ways after the cash card packing and perhaps Dorinda had been (unbeknownst to Bethenny) drinking solo.

In my experience, denial is big with those who have a drinking problem.  Dorinda might have known she was already trashed but deluded herself into thinking no one else would notice and she could pull off the dinner anyway.

Le sigh...

On another note, I was glad to see Ramona's plan to unhinge Luann by inviting Missy to the Bendel's party was an epic fail.  I've watched Ramona bring little or nothing to this franchise the past couple of years and find myself wishing they'd cut her from the show.

Every time I see Sonja, all I do is wonder if she smells of must and mothballs because almost every outfit she wears seems to be extremely dated, as if she reached way back into the depths into one of the Grey Gardens closets, closed her eyes, and chose an ensemble.  

Ah, Carole...the irony of what's transpiring with you and Adam compared to what could have (and probably did) happen with Nicole and Adam.  I can't help but wonder if the new girl will pop up on some reality show with him by her side.

Tinsley's immaturity and all of theatrics needs to leave my TV screen.  Tinsley, you're a grown assed woman carrying on over a guy you dated for, what, 6 months, to such a degree that you fall to the ground in a heap?  Bitch, please...(loved the shoes though!)

• Love 10
(edited)
On 5/9/2018 at 9:04 PM, KungFuBunny said:

I didn't say it was Bethenny's problem. Bethenny has seen this spiral downward on many occasions.

She knew where this would go - to avoid ruining her meeting with her partners, she could have pulled Dorinda aside and said I think you had too much to drink, why don;t you go up to your room and order room service. I'll talk to you in the morning.

In my view Bethany had to save face with her team. She brought a drunk who didn't believe in the mission and was very close to saying outright that poor Haitian kids couldn't possibly graduate college. Bethany was trying to establish that she understood what was happening and she had their backs. 

It is also ironic to me because people of Haitian descent who immigrate generally have a very strong work ethic and culture of achievement much like college students from Nigeria and Ghana. I am very disappointed in Dorinda's dormant classism and limited worldview. 

Edited by red12
  • Love 9
20 hours ago, sasha206 said:

I personally think alcohol only magnifies what you are.  Based on the angry drunk we've seen multiple times, I'm not sure I believe that Dorinda is a really that nice a person at heart.  

Unless she is already experiencing lasting neurological issues from alcohol.  It can make you very mean.  

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Wow, Dorinda went in on Luann.  Not sure how what Luann said in her blog required that level of vitriol.  Might Dorinda be drunk again?

0511-dorinda-luann-clapback-gallery-1000w.jpg

Just read luann's blog. She is very condescending IMO to Dorinda. Her statement is not too bad on the outside, but ugly between the lines. I don't know how link the blog but it is worth the read. Read Dorinda's while you are there. She takes no responsibility for her actions with B and alludes that B had an ulterior motive in taking her. Wow!

Edited by Reality police
I can't spell
  • Love 7
18 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Just read luann's blog. She is very condescending IMO to Dorinda. Her statement is not too bad on the outside, but ugly between the lines. I don't know how link the blog but it is wort the read. Read Dorinda's while you are there. She takes no responsibility for her actions with B and alludes that B had an ulterior motive in taking her. Wow!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-new-york-city/season-10/blogs/luann-de-lesseps/luann-de-lesseps-its-not-a

• Love 2
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

I don't think @RYEBREAD was comparing Beth to President Trump, per se. I think she meant their situations are similar in that for both of them,their haters, no matter what they do, there will never be anything good enough to stop despising them. I think you may have misunderstood, jmo.

Bingo.  

44 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Regarding Victoria and a hairbrush.   I was surprised to read that she is a successful model in New York City.  This seems to be the trend now, housewive's daughters becoming models.

Nahhhh.  Really?  She seems like the sort of person that would roll her eyes at models unless they were art models or models for a cause. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Giselle said:

Yes, Dorinda needs to take responsibility but I ask again, why did Bethenny take her in the first place? 

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yes, Dorinda needs to take responsibility but I ask again, why did Bethenny take her in the first place? 

Because that's what production wanted her to do. 

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, snarts said:

Wow, Dorinda went in on Luann.  Not sure how what Luann said in her blog required that level of vitriol.  Might Dorinda be drunk again?

You gotta love her last line.

Talk about lack of self awareness Slurinda. At least she went to rehab it's one better than you.  You don't have to get wasted every season and show your sorry slurry ass. 

Put the bottle down when you tweet. 

• Love 13
(edited)
9 minutes ago, film noire said:

all of which would be a scathing retort (hanging at home with a historic figure of epic proprotion? Check! Raising money for historic disaster? Check! Husband advising the most powerful men in the world? Check!  A doctorate AND a Vietnam vet? CHECK! CHECK!) except I keep hearing all of it in that slurred voice: "My ate husb Richrd raised illions for humana forts. In one even at townhus, stand DesTutu, 2 million Katrina. trigsome deep conversation."

LOL.

Believe it or not, I think I understand what Dorinda was trying to drunkenly convey at the dinner. When she was talking about how the effort had to start on the homefront, I think what she was referring to was the corruption by the leaders in Haiti and even buy some of the people who were raising the funds  - how they had to clean themselves up before they could help their country. A lot of money was raised in 2010 for the Haitians and a lot of the money disappeared. She asked if the relief effort was going to be able to be sustained. I took that to mean, that there's still a lot of crookedness there and the people still aren't getting the help that they need. Richard was surely aware of that corruption and I think this is what Dorinda was referring to.  

Edited by ryebread
  • Love 11
Just now, AnnA said:

Because that's what production wanted her to do. 

So you think production made Bethenny take Dorinda? I think Bethenny thought they (production) would film just her on the trip and they said NO, you have to take another HW and she picked Dorinda which was a stupid choice IMO. But I think she was out of choices, I suspect she/Carole were already having issues and Luann was helping out with disaster relief in Fla and she (Bethenny) didn't want Luann to talk about that in PR, so that left Dorinda the drunk, Sonja the vamp and Ramona the embarrassment, so she went with the drunk. That she picked Dorinda, she should never have had drinks with her prior to the dinner.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, film noire said:

Dorinda ain't happy about Richard being insulted -- from  her blog:

"My late husband Richard raised millions for humanitarian efforts. In one noted evening at my townhouse, standing alongside Desmond Tutu, they raised nearly 2 million dollars for those affected in Hurricane Katrina.   Perhaps that triggered something deep inside and my conversation didn’t come out the way I would have liked. I’m not great at transitions and life changes. Like many of us, at the time of this trip, I was working through some personal stuff.

Does everyone notice that Bethenny not-so-subtly puts people down to make herself look bigger, better, smarter? I often wonder how that is working for her. As far as her referring to my late husband as “slightly powerful and slightly political,” let me get another thing straight: Richard, a man Bethenny never met and, of course, never asked about, was a sought-after advisor to financial icons like George Soros and politicians on both sides of the aisle from senators to presidential candidates. He also served in the Vietnam War and earned a doctorate in political science.

So Bethenny, stick to what you know — the booze business. And by the way, he’s Doctor Medley to you."

..all of which would be a scathing retort (hanging at home with an international figure of epic proportion? Check! Raising money for a historic disaster? Check! Husband advising the most powerful men in the world? Check!  A doctorate AND a Vietnam vet? CHECK! CHECK!) except I keep hearing all of it in that slurred voice: "My ate husb Richrd raised illions for humana forts. In one even at townhus, stand DesTutu, 2 million Katrina but ethenny put ple down her big, bet smart thin straight."

Just like John John Dorinda, Richard's dead.

Who knew that voice to text software could decipher slurring?

• Love 10
56 minutes ago, snarts said:

Dorinda.....advise is the verb

You should have used advice, the noun.

• Love 12
(edited)
11 minutes ago, ryebread said:

LOL.

Believe it or not, I think I understand what Dorinda was trying to drunkenly convey at the dinner. When she was talking about how the effort had to start on the homefront, I think what she was referring to was the corruption by the leaders in Haiti  - how they had to clean themselves up before they could help their country. A lot of money was raised in 2010 for the Haitians and a lot of the money disappeared. She asked if the relief effort was going to be able to be sustained. I took that to mean, that there's still a lot of crookedness there and the people still aren't getting the help that they need. Richard was surely aware of that corruption and I think this is what Dorinda was referring to.  

I think you (and iirc, @KungFuBunny) are both right -- even though Dorinda likes to hand her coat off to random black men, I don't think she was saying Haitians are unsaveable/not worth helping, she was addressing what she thought was happy-ass talk about Haiti (getting better, on the upswing) when it's been in crisis  for decades, despite multiple interventions.  And Betheny saying "He knows better than you do" was the rage trigger for Dorinda  (given how often Mrs. Medley sat around bigshots discussing natural disasters, foreign markets, political unrest, etc -- Richard was a major power broker, so I've no doubt Do heard some of the most insider baseball ever about all the men, and issues,  behind the curtain).

eta: my god, you guys are fast! ryebread and giselle both quoted before i finished editing (or was i just...drunk?!! :) 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 16

What in the world is happening with Dorinda?  Offense the best defense sort of thing?  Her blog and Luann comments seem uncalled for.  So much for self-awareness....

As a previous poster opined, if she hasn't learned anything from watching herself in prior seasons, Bethany's comments won't do anything either.

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, albarino said:

What in the world is happening with Dorinda?  Offense the best defense sort of thing?  Her blog and Luann comments seem uncalled for.  So much for self-awareness....

As a previous poster opined, if she hasn't learned anything from watching herself in prior seasons, Bethany's comments won't do anything either.

IMO, had Bethenny not said anything about Richard, Dorinda would have been apologetic in her blog but like us, Dorinda only heard what Bethenny said about him when she got the episode video last week. Dorinda is fiercely protective of her last husband and his reputation. 

• Love 20
4 hours ago, Ms Blue Jay said:

LOL.  I really really really strongly disagree that Bethenny and Obama are peas in a pod.  The comparison doesn't work for me.

These both seem like good reasons to drink to me, but I think there are a lot of buckets of drinkers.  Dorinda can't handle her liquor, so can't a few of my family members.  I know others who are perfectly happy when they drink, and some who just go to sleep.  As long as people aren't abusive or endanger themselves or others, then drinking when you're fired or at a wedding seem like okay reasons to me.   But being an alcoholic, an actual alcoholic who is addicted, who actually needs to stop drinking altogether is different, clearly.  Alcoholics just shouldn't drink, so if that's what you mean I get it.

I've ordered avocado toast at breakfast places and some of them serve it with cheese.  I like cheese, but not with avocado toast personally.

I'm not saying Beth is like Obama, that's ludicrous!  I'm just saying some people's hatred for Beth clouds their judgment and makes it impossible for them to recognize any good thing she does, kind of like Trump is just trying to undo ANYTHING Obama did, even if it was something great for this country, just because he hates him so much.

• Love 10
On ‎5‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:04 AM, nexxie said:

Haven’t read the whole thread yet, so maybe others have said this - but if Bethenny really wanted to be a friend, she would have spoken kindly with Dorinda in private and not proclaimed her to be a drunk on camera.

It was abundantly clear to anyone with eyes and ears that Dorinda was wasted.   Beth couldn't have been nicer, talking her up to her friends despite Dorinda's drunk ass just insulting and dismissing their charitable work.  Beth handled that situation better than I would've, that's for sure.   Would it have been better for her to just let everyone at the table speculate what was wrong with her?  Pills?  Stroke? Dementia? 

• Love 11

Dorinda said herself she's going through some tough times right now, and she's acting out a bit. I compare her outbursts to Bethenny's during Beth's first year back. She's clearly medicating her problems with alcohol, and while she's doing that she's cooking up (or progressing) a dependency. She's not too far behind Luann I'd say, but it's a self diagnosed disease, and she has to recognize it.

I heard Bethenny say, "You're a drunk", which she is, and I agree it sounded harsh. But, "Honey, I'm concerned about your drinking" is usually not very effective. Denial is a huge part of the disease process, and it messes with an addict's thinking. I'm not an alcoholic, I just like to have fun...am just going through a stressful time...am sad because my husband died...because she pressed my buttons about my husband's work etc.

Having said that, and as someone who likes Bethenny, I also give her the side eye for serving alcohol to someone she recognizes as a drunk, if that's what she did. Yep, it's up to Dorinda to say no, but as someone who's been around people with disordered drinking, she knows that it's very hard to for someone like that to say no.  But I admit I don't know the back story; maybe Bethenny didn't serve the drinks. Maybe Dorinda ordered them herself or brought the wine herself and Bethenny just joined her. Dorinda kind of makes it sound like Bethenny provided the alcohol and set her up, but I don't know; I do know that alcoholics are not always honest about drinking.  Maybe Bethenny will say something about that.

• Love 8
49 minutes ago, ryebread said:

LOL.

Believe it or not, I think I understand what Dorinda was trying to drunkenly convey at the dinner. When she was talking about how the effort had to start on the homefront, I think what she was referring to was the corruption by the leaders in Haiti and even buy some of the people who were raising the funds  - how they had to clean themselves up before they could help their country. A lot of money was raised in 2010 for the Haitians and a lot of the money disappeared. She asked if the relief effort was going to be able to be sustained. I took that to mean, that there's still a lot of crookedness there and the people still aren't getting the help that they need. Richard was surely aware of that corruption and I think this is what Dorinda was referring to.  

42 minutes ago, film noire said:

I think you (and iirc, @KungFuBunny) are both right -- even though Dorinda likes to hand her coat off to random black men, I don't think she was saying Haitians are unsaveable/not worth helping, she was addressing what she thought was happy-ass talk about Haiti (getting better, on the upswing) when it's been in crisis  for decades, despite multiple interventions.  And Betheny saying "He knows better than you do" was the rage trigger for Dorinda  (given how often Mrs. Medley sat around bigshots discussing natural disasters, foreign markets, political unrest, etc -- Richard was a major power broker, so I've no doubt Do heard some of the most insider baseball ever about all the men, and issues,  behind the curtain).

eta: my god, you guys are fast! ryebread and giselle both quoted before i finished editing (or was i just...drunk?!! :) 

Ryebread and I understand Dorindish - Hah!

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, Jel said:

Dorinda said herself she's going through some tough times right now, and she's acting out a bit. I compare her outbursts to Bethenny's during Beth's first year back. She's clearly medicating her problems with alcohol, and while she's doing that she's cooking up (or progressing) a dependency. She's not too far behind Luann I'd say, but it's a self diagnosed disease, and she has to recognize it.

I heard Bethenny say, "You're a drunk", which she is, and I agree it sounded harsh. But, "Honey, I'm concerned about your drinking" is usually not very effective. Denial is a huge part of the disease process, and it messes with an addict's thinking. I'm not an alcoholic, I just like to have fun...am just going through a stressful time...am sad because my husband died...because she pressed my buttons about my husband's work etc.

Having said that, and as someone who likes Bethenny, I also give her the side eye for serving alcohol to someone she recognizes as a drunk, if that's what she did. Yep, it's up to Dorinda to say no, but as someone who's been around people with disordered drinking, she knows that it's very hard to for someone like that to say no.  But I admit I don't know the back story; maybe Bethenny didn't serve the drinks. Maybe Dorinda ordered them herself or brought the wine herself and Bethenny just joined her. Dorinda kind of makes it sound like Bethenny provided the alcohol and set her up, but I don't know; I do know that alcoholics are not always honest about drinking.  Maybe Bethenny will say something about that.

They were in Bethenny's room packing the cash cards.

The bag was a perfect fit...once they were done...BETHENNY said "Let's have a glass of wine"

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

They were in Bethenny's room packing the cash cards.

The bag was a perfect fit...once they were done...BETHENNY said "Let's have a glass of wine"

In that case, eye firmly to the side. 

• Love 11