Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

I'm surprised Pauly D doesn't ever talk about his daughter or his relationship with Aubrey . It seems like everyone else on the show airs every bit of everything going on in their lives , but Pauly just makes noises and catchphrases and isn't required to make any other contribution . I mean I guess if he can get away with that , more power to him .. but if Ronnie were smart enough , he'd demand more money since he is the only cast member creating drama for the show . Without him , the show wouldn't have made it to another season . 

• Love 13
On 8/23/2018 at 10:24 PM, hoosier80 said:

I saw the very beginning and ending (I'll have to watch the middle, providing no other interruptions - well it's going to be shown on loop for the next week anyhow).

The whole Angelina thing - boring.  I don't find her interesting one bit.  Is her hook now that she's dirty, because of the dirty little hamster remark from years ago?  Pass.  She should've done a real redemption tour, showing she's a responsible EMT, but still likes to have fun.  The dirty part, nah.

Ronnie acting like everything was fine when the big fight was ALL OVER SOCIAL MEDIA - stupid.  Cute baby.  Sorry, you have such immature parents, kid.

Good for Mike being there for Jenni.  Surprised Deena didn't help out, too.  Snooki is all about herself.  The other guys are just about partying, pretty much.

The end - where Pauly and Vinny were saying oh Jen (Ronnie's baby mama) is a manipulator, and oh poor Ronnie.  Ronnie played mind games all day and night with Sam, who finally wised up.

How exactly do they know this is all on Jen?  I don't think she's blameless; I think they're both immature assholes.  Maybe she kept the baby away from him due to his anger issues?  Maybe he told her she'd never see Ariana again?  Hmmmm?  Then Jenni came in and said you don't put shit like that on Insta if you don't want it all over the place - basically GROW THE FUCK UP ALREADY.  True enough, she said yes, you leave that toxic relationship, go to court and get some sort of custody worked out.  Oh it's just that easy!  No asshole, it's not easy, it's not easy being a parent or an adult.  And Ronnie, if you truly wanted your relationship kept private, you would've said no to taping this season, until shit settled down.  Guess the money was more important.

They've all tip toed around Ronnie for so long.  I'd like to know the real story - have they tip toed because they don't want to be on his shit list - due to his rage issues?

All this.   Except I disagree slightly with what Jenni's point was.  I don't think she meant parenthood is that easy, she has admitted that even with two parents giving 100% it can be tough.   I think what she was saying was all Ronnie's "she won't let me see my kid" carrying on is stupid, considering how easy it is to request shared or full custody.    She's right about that.  Even if/when the result varies making the request is a 15 minute, 1 sheet of paper, no lawyer necessary, visit to the family courthouse.   Ronnie's like way too many single dads who genuinely believe that the right of visitation is in the hands of the mother.   That's only true if/when he hasn't bothered to establish his rights of custody or visitation.  I mean somebody has to drive the car, so his position cannot be she won't let me drive when he's never lifted a finger to get the keys.   He needs to stop crying and starting out conversations with where's my daughter when Jen picks up the phone.  She's where you left her, with her mother.   He wants to keep benefiting from leading a lifestyle not constrained by the requirements of a legal agreement?  Fine.   But quit crying about a thing it's in your power to change.   When Jenni said that did he even respond about what's' keeping him from filing for custody?   Nope.  Because "I'm too busy ho'in and getting blackout drunk" sounds a whole fool at his age.

I also think Jenni's overreacting about the video.   We did something like that for my girlfriend's 40th birthday and her husband was responsible for putting it all together.  He had to hawk some of us to get those clips in on time because:  people + deadlines.   She's projecting.   She said if it were her.  The thing is people don't behave as if they were you, they behave as if they are them and considering who this group is correlateing their forgetfulness with a lack of regard for her or Grayson is making it bigger than it is.   Your friends have raggedy memories, that's doesn't mean they don't give a shit.   They should've done a better job of sending him a 30 second clip but who she should be really swole at is Roger, it sounds like he sent out not one reminder.   

Lemme mind rewind back to Jen for a second - why is this girl even fighting to stay in Ron's life?  Is she?  Did I just make that up in my mind?  They're gonna have to talk for 17 more years.  Ya'll, does she love him and I just don't see it?  

I'm happy for Deena, she's a sweet kid.  I hope we get to see Sammi shitstirrer maybe like on an update episode that doesn't involve Ron.  She goes to visit Deena, Chris and their new son.  

So now Mike and Vinny are the last of the Great Meatballhicans that don't have kids then huh?  Dammit I just can't dislike Mike for this reboot.  I mean his ordering game when they go out to eat?  Bruh.  Respect©.  I see he's full bodied and puffy cheeked and all but he should be at least twice his damn body weight.    2 apps and 3 entrees into talking to the waiter I was like Ain't No Way© - his first order of business when they got to the suite was to quality assurance control the chocolate strawberries lol!!    I loved that, that's legit how fat-thoughts work. 

© Shoutout to the Queen of Soul 

• Love 11

I’m way late to this party but catching up.  Not to make light of the disgusting mess that they are, but her name is really Jen Harley?  Because JWoww is (was) Jenni Farley.  Sorry that kind of made me chuckle.  I wouldn’t put it past this chick to have made a “stage name” for herself.  Either way they all a bunch of cray crays!

• Love 8

#getmethefuckoutofhere. Funniest shit all episode. 

Jen walking in like it was her suite pissed me off. Then calling everyone liars and telling them they are fucked up is fucked up. Been saying it all along that Ron has met his match.

• Love 8

I thought the Ron/Sam relationship was dysfunctional,  but these two are over the top. Not sure why either thought airing that dysfunction on national tv & social media would be a good idea. The rest of the cast are walking on egg shells and it's exhausting to watch. 

• Love 4

Yeah, so much for my giving Jen the benefit of the doubt.  She's just as volatile or more than Ron.  Someone on Twitter wondered or thought substance abuse was playing a part for both of them.

And everyone is correct.  Get custody for your daughter, work out stuff legally, and walk away from this relationship.  I don't even really think there was a relationship, more like a one night stand that just went on and on, until the pregnancy.  Then they were saying oh relationship.  I cannot imagine anyone would be in the beginning of a relationship, even say into it for a couple of months, and think this is a good relationship (they had to have been fighting from the jump or close to it).   Did she just hook up with him for her 15 minutes of fame?  The way she came into that suite, just looked like she'd rehearsed it (at least in her mind).   I'm sure the cast wishes it had been Angelina at the door instead of Jen.

Sam, you dodged that bullet.  But Sam, as infuriating as she was, was mild in her fighting with Ron.  She kept getting sucked back into the relationship as she kept filming later seasons, finally wising up and just staying away.  She's got her own businesses, so apparently even the big money wasn't enough for her to come back.

Finally saw the entire last episode of last season.  Mike was correct; Ron does need help.  Jenni was a HUGE shit stirrer at that last dinner.  Then she tells Ron he was right for blowing up at Mike.  Mike, she's no true friend of yours.  Yet, he's the one who did that video she was so butt hurt about.  Kind of sensing that maybe she's not a great friend or a real friend to the other cast members outside of the show.  Maybe she's bailed on stuff they had going on, so it wasn't that important to them (her Mother's Day video).  

Edited by hoosier80
  • Love 5

I don't really buy that any of them talk outside of the show , except maybe jenni and snooks . I think Pauly D is in his own really rich world just DJing , mike is dealing with the legal stuff and with the fiancé , Vinny is doing his thing somewhere , and we all know what Ron's up to . I think they even mentioned in an episode last season that they group chat occasionally ( I guess about the show ), but haven't seen each other in years . 

• Love 7

Yeah but they probably didn’t sign up to be a support group for Ron.

Anyways she is volatile but I’m not sure its 100% factual either, that she’s the aggressor and he just endures it.

He may be verbally abusive and she comes right back at him, with threats to keep the baby from him.

Now that most of them are grown up with responsibilities, there is no more about that guido subculture.

• Love 2

I really didn't want an entire season of Ron's drama. I'm pretty sure the rest of the cast didn't either. 

Am I the only one who doesn't think Ron really went to see a lawyer? When he came back, he was so generic. "I got some good information." Such as....? 

He was probably off doing drugs. He and Jen are a match made in dysfunctional heaven. I feel for that poor baby. 

• Love 17
9 minutes ago, meggonzo said:

I'm not sure why the rest of the cast would just blindly believe what Ron says is true when they lived through the Ron & Sammi relationship.  

I could not get out of my state of annoyance with these people. Poor Poor Ron??? huh??  In what world?  This crew has lived with Ron and had front row seats to his fuckery.  Now they feel to rally around him because he's getting back the same shit he put in the universe? Only person that deserves any sympathy is that baby.  And NOPE to Ron going to see any lawyer.  Ron like any good bum knows that having something cemented in court officially puts him on the hook for visitation.  Without any formal custody arrangement, he can pop in and out  on Jen whenever he's done at the strip club and whine when she won't let him see the baby. 

• Love 17

Thank God Sam knew how to use birth control! Ron is crying fake tears to gain sympathy. Pauly and Jenni had great advice. Go to court and get a custody agreement. He has more than enough resources to afford an attorney. But the problem is Ron doesn't actually want to see his daughter. IMO he views her as property. He didn't call her by name once. Just I want to see MY kid. He wants to see the baby because if he gets his way it's a form of control. If he gets his way he gets the control back. He doesn't want court ordered parenting time because it just involves the child and not Jen. He wants his actions to affect Jen (either he gets his way and "punishes" Jen) it's not actually about his daughter. He feeds on the drama the situation provides. It woukd be very simple for him to get 50//50 custody or visitation. But since it's not about seeing his child but about establishing control over Jen and fucking with her. I'm not saying Jen isn't psycho on her own and probably plays plenty of mind games but Ron is sick and messed up. I'm not sure how he thinks fake crying on camera and screaming I want to see my kid!!!! Is helping his image. He's trying to turn the roommates against Jen (not that she couldn't do thst on her own lol) I hope he leaves the show. I'm sick of the ron and Jen drama. Thst poor baby girl. 

Loved Mike enjoying that buffet. 

Edited by kira28
  • Love 14

I don't get how everyone is just blaming Jen in this also . The common denominator in Rons relationship with Jen and his relationship with Sam is Ron . I'm sure she's plenty psychotic and is half to blame , but he needs to take ownership in what he does and im not sure if the roommates are scared to disagree with him , but they are only hearing his side of things and somehow take away from it that Jen is causing every single problem and Ron is an innocent victim . Either way , the fact that I read recently that they are back together is insane . They aren't 21 with no kid acting like this , they're in their 30's with a kid who is gonna have them as role models. The girl Ron was dating on famously single also said the same thing about him . That he was very aggressive with her . 

Also , have we ever seen an episode before where Pauly was this serious and had a regular conversation ? 

And have we ever seen an episode before where Ron wasn't crying ? 

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 10
On 8/31/2018 at 7:24 AM, ghoulina said:

He was probably off doing drugs. He and Jen are a match made in dysfunctional heaven. I feel for that poor baby. 

Oh definitely.  I feel like the elephant in the room— the real issue here- is that Ronnie is a full blown COKE addict.  It’s why his emotions are everywhere, also why Jen keeps the baby from him!  

I know they probably can’t mention it, but I did catch the Situation say, “he’s not ready to do the work.”  He’s obviously talking about Ron getting clean.  He needs to get off the coke before he tries for custody.

• Love 7
14 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Oh definitely.  I feel like the elephant in the room— the real issue here- is that Ronnie is a full blown COKE addict.  It’s why his emotions are everywhere, also why Jen keeps the baby from him!  

I know they probably can’t mention it, but I did catch the Situation say, “he’s not ready to do the work.”  He’s obviously talking about Ron getting clean.  He needs to get off the coke before he tries for custody.

Yea, but I bet Jen is doing drugs too. Her behavior was very off, IMO. I think they're exactly alike. They're both using the baby for power and vengeance. It's gross. 

• Love 8

This Jen girl is trying to drag my beloved JS down to trashy Teen Mom levels, and for that I am not happy.  JS has always been their own brand of train wreck, but it was for the most part light and fun and entertaining.  Now we have this crazy bizzle busting into their suite and starting a fight, and her body language (to me) made it clear she was loaded for bear with a direct plan to make herself “known” on camera.  JS is about antics and shennangins, not this Jerry Springer bullshit.

• Love 18

I have been trying to place this episode in all the drama that we heard about back in June when they actually filmed it. This is after the video of all the yelling and Jen pushing him on Instagram right? I was thinking maybe when he left to see the "lawyer" he actually went to the house and this is when the dog drowned? This is also before the barbeque where she tried to run him down and acting crazy with the baby in the car where she was actually arrested. Does this sound about right?

• Love 1

June would line up, based on the Mother’s Day reference.   I also was not aware of all the real life drama between these 2 until I just got caught up on my recordings of part 1 and now part 2 over the past couple weeks.  Wowza!

Imo Ron is ruining this show. It's funny because it took me til the latest episode to even realize Deena hasn't been there lol. The jersey shore was always slightly trashy but in a good way. They have grown up and there isn't any hooking up (even though Pauly is single) or drunken club fights and then there's Ron who hasn't grown up at all in five years. I'm tired of the fake crying and ridiculous fighting with Jen and Ron hooking up with girls when he had a pregnant girlfriend. I'm not the least bit intersted or amused by Jerry springer shit and from the looks of it the roommates aren't either. Ron needs to go. It's sad to watch becaise there's an innocent baby girl involved who got stuck with these two coked out nutcase as parents. That is not good TV. Throw Ron out offer Sam a bunch of money to come back next season and ban Ron from being within ten miles of the house. I'd rather see the group dynamic, Mike eating his feelings and how Nicole and Jenni wouid react to Sam 

• Love 13
On 9/4/2018 at 1:11 PM, Lusterleaf said:

This last episode was terrible. It was all about Ron's baby mama drama which I didn't care about. Hopefully there will be no more episodes like this one, otherwise I will not be tuning in.

From your lips to Sallyann Salsano’s ear! 

Other than finally seeing an authentic Pauly, all of that Jerry Springer Show type of crap needs to go. 

Edited by Bridget
  • Love 5

Ok, after Jen left, eventually Ron sat crying again.  I actually said out loud, just break up with her and have a legal custody agreement drawn up.  I'm annoyed and I don't have to deal with either of them on a regular basis.  Can you imagine being any of their friends or family?  

I think that production saw that the mood was getting too dark and then invited Angelina to Vegas.  She may have been scheduled to drop in later, but I think the whole Snooki inviting her was BS.  She had to sign a contract, so it was production.  The whole meeting for lunch deal could have been shot after the fact, too.  Honestly, how much time can be spent watching them go out, eat and get drunk (except for Mike)?  They have to have some drama, but the Ron drama is over the top.  It almost sank the show back in the day with Sammi and Ron, but this is much darker.  Someone on Twitter said that Jen is a female version of Ron.  I think they both have issues. 

The Planet Hollywood fight (People still says they both got into a heated argument, which it pretty much showed just Jen was the one yelling) was in June.  The incident with the car was also in June.

Spoiler

Just saw that apparently Jen and Ron had another fight within the past day or so.  I posted more on the thread for Ron.

• Love 3

Sorry, but while I don't & have never cared for Angelina on my TV screen, shut your damn mouth with the "family" bullshit JWoww (and the rest of them too). As annoying as I find her, Angelina IS an OG, and she has brought more with her "drop-in dramas" (including in seasons past), than Deena has in her entire run. Deena is more useless than Vinny, who hangs on to his "bromance" with Pauly to retain any kind of relevancy on the show. 

And hey Sitch? We get it. You like to eat. Ha. Ha. 

• Love 14
9 hours ago, CaliforniaLove said:

Sorry, but while I don't & have never cared for Angelina on my TV screen, shut your damn mouth with the "family" bullshit JWoww (and the rest of them too). As annoying as I find her, Angelina IS an OG, and she has brought more with her "drop-in dramas" (including in seasons past), than Deena has in her entire run. Deena is more useless than Vinny, who hangs on to his "bromance" with Pauly to retain any kind of relevancy on the show. 

And hey Sitch? We get it. You like to eat. Ha. Ha. 

Agree. I feel like Deena adds nothing to this show- I'd rather see Angelina there.

• Love 5
On 7/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, Maharincess said:

Why would anyone want to be in a relationship where all you do is fight? I just don't understand that. My marriage was like that (along with physical abuse) and once I escaped that relationship I swore I'd never be in another one like it. 

I'm so sorry for the physical abuse you endured but good on you for escaping! 

On 7/9/2018 at 2:02 PM, Maharincess said:

Do some people actually like the drama and fighting in their relationship? 

Based on his relationships with both Sammi and now Jen, I truly think he thrives off this type of dysfunction. He met his match in Jen because she's crazy as hell too and now he's stuck with her forever. We have tons of footage that will exist forever showing us how sick he is in the head. I'd really be curious to know what his childhood was like because he is so messed up. Like how did it come to this?

13 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

And here we go once again.  Sammi, you really, really dodged a bullet.

https://people.com/home/jersey-shore-ronnie-ortiz-magro-says-selling-house-after-fight-jen-harley/

And not to mention, Sammi looks absolutely radiant and gorgeous these days. I look at her IG from time to time and she looks so happy now. I bet her and her new boo laugh their asses off at what a hot mess Ron continues to be.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Alexis2291 said:

And not to mention, Sammi looks absolutely radiant and gorgeous these days. I look at her IG from time to time and she looks so happy now.

This is so true.  She looks good, promotes her company, praises her new BF and friends.  She keeps everything positive, as do the rest of the JS cast. 

Ronnie just feels the need to air all his dirty laundry out for the world to see.  He has to let EVERYONE know how bad his GF is (not sure if he did it when he was with Sammi, but he sure did it on tv).  He could keep it off social media, then maybe have a PR person (I'm sure he has some sort of representation) or even do a brief statement himself - do a few drafts first -  like 'after much sole searching, I have separated from xxx.  I will always treasure the good times and wish her nothing but the best'  (adding extra for Jen - I will work with her on co-parenting our beautiful daughter, etc.).  Nope, he has to go ballistic.  That poor little girl.  

• Love 4

This Jen is nothing but looking for a paycheck and show from MTV.  I do like how none of them will give in to her shit show.  For that, I give them all credit for keeping it real.  They’re like nope.  We came here to hang and get paid, we gots kids and home lives to go back to.  And THAT is my JS.  They partake but can come and go.  This thirsty bitch is trying to grab her cash and star.  BYE

• Love 4

I do wonder if the other cast convinced Ronnie to end it with the baby momma.  At first, he was trying to put up a fake front, about how he's trying to make it work with her, even though apparently, their social media told a different story.

So the initial visit was civil and they all got to hold the baby.

But then they told him that he can't be with her and supposedly in this episode, Ronnie is making moves to make his own claim on custody without being with her.

So did they convince him or was he almost at the point of making that decision but they nudged him over the line?

As for Angelina and the late arrival, it was all contrived.  Supposedly Snookie invited her but I'm sure the producers had that planned all along.

They're all whining that it's a bad vacation, first with Ronnie's drama and now Angelina.  But it sounds like they get to go to any of several places for free food and booze  -- I would imagine any place that lets them film is either comping them all the food and booze in exchange for the mentions or MTV is picking up the tab.

I don't think Mike would be ordering everything on the menu at each place they go to if he was paying himself.

• Love 5
On 4/20/2018 at 1:45 PM, trimthatfat said:

I’m sure the extent of San talking about Ron goes something like this: Ew, what the hell was I thinking?. Ron wants to believe she’s still pining after him despite all of the ladies saying she’s found love with someone else. She turned down what I’m sure was a high offer so she didn’t have to see Ron’s face. Sam wins.

I would bet she turned down the offer because that is what she needed to do to convince herself and the world that she's better than those people.  Her ego could not permit her to go back because that is confirmation that she really is no better or different than the rest of them.  She needs to hold on to something because she is one of the lesser players in this drama, especially when it came to capitalizing financially.  The only thing she has is her umperiousness. 

I'm sure she is loving that they talk about her (especially ron ron).  Her psychology is quite basic- it's a 14 year old hostile mentality. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, BarneySays said:

I would bet she turned down the offer because that is what she needed to do to convince herself and the world that she's better than those people.  Her ego could not permit her to go back because that is confirmation that she really is no better or different than the rest of them.  She needs to hold on to something because she is one of the lesser players in this drama, especially when it came to capitalizing financially.  The only thing she has is her umperiousness. 

I'm sure she is loving that they talk about her (especially ron ron).  Her psychology is quite basic- it's a 14 year old hostile mentality. 

Or she knew Ron would never let her enjoy her time in peace.  Why take a chance that he'd rage out again and have another go at destroying her stuff.  Sometimes peace of mind is worth everything. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14

If I hear Jenni say family one more time about Angelina coming in and she isn't family I am going to lose my mind. Yes, she is an outsider and yes she left. I would have probably left too since they all formed a clique that Angelina wasn't part of. Glad that Mike was giving her advise, but Angelina did need to just leave Jenni alone. I am glad she hit Vinnie because we all do. Vinnie always has to put people down. I am beginning to think Vinnie is a fucking snotty dick, Jenni is too, Ronnie is a cokehead, Snooki needs to be the center of attention and Paulie is the perpetual bachelor. I still like Paulie but I adore Mike now. 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 11

The producers are adding more and more people, because they had to have seen how boring this has become.

Sit in hotel, go eat, go to club.  Little squabbles.  Lather/rinse/repeat.

Sure they did similar stuff back on the original show, but there was also dating/hookup drama, roommate drama, drama outside the house.  All of them, except Ron, seem to be very aware of keeping a good image on tv.  Back in the day, they didn't care.  The drama now also seems manufactured. 

I keep remembering what Deena said last season re: Ron.  He'd call Sam even after she'd blocked him (maybe changed her number).  She said Sam really thought one day he'd show up at her house.  I honestly don't think Sam wanted any part of going back and opening that old can of worms.  Good move, because you know Ron would've tried something, and now he's got psycho Jen as part of his permanent baggage.  I think if he did get legal custody paperwork done, she'd still hold that kid over his head.  She doesn't care if she goes to jail - she said that as she was spitting at him.  She gets just as amped up as Ron ever did when she's angry.  She does not think one bit, not even, hey if I get arrested, who is going to take care of my two kids?  I would be glad not to be any part of that drama; Sam could have been pulled in - even if she has zero interest in Ron, Jen would be all up in her face.  I don't think Sam thinks she's better than the others; she was on that smaller reunion series when Ron wasn't on that show.  She wants no part of being around him.  Honestly, after he destroyed all of her stuff, she needed to stay away and not go back.

• Love 14

This season is boooooooring. Last season was at least more entertaining. All this season is them sitting around their hotel room and going out to eat. With some Ron & Jen drama mixed in, and Angelina making an appearance with her scripted drama vs. Jenni.  I guess they realize the show is so boring they now have to bring in other people like Snooki's friend Joey.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

They rushed these people back together because of the Ron drama but there was nothing else. Such a waste.

Yup. When they announced season two so quickly after the first, I was thinking, "wtf?"

But it's clear they were hoping to bank on Ron and his baby mama providing all the drama. 

Huge fail. Not only in that it can't carry the season, but I don't know anyone who found that enjoyable to watch. It's almost TOO much drama, even by JS standards. 

And I think that little downtime between seasons is a mistake. These are older adults now, with families and obligations. You can see the strain; they are all tired and want to get back to real life.

I enjoyed Miami. The nostalgia was fun. They were all genuinely glad to reconnect. Now all of that has waned and it's seriously boring to watch.

The only thing I enjoyed lately was Pauline and Vinnie making little puppets of each other to carry around. That's totally something I would do.

• Love 6

I don't think this will last many more seasons.. what would they show ? Most of them are married/ engaged/ have kids .. and even though Pauly and Vinny aren't , they don't seem to want to bring randos home anymore ., it's not the jersey shore we all want to watch . The big draw of the original JS was ( as someone posted above ), them not caring about how they looked on camera and just doing the most stupid , outrageous things .. Now they're just too aware of the cameras and Snooki is almost a normal person whereas she used to make the show by being a total shit show .. I get that they grew up and  ( kind of ) matured , but it doesn't make for very interesting reality tv so I just don't see this lasting long .

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 3