Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, configdotsys said:

I never really liked Vinny but he's becoming more and more of an asshole who thinks he's above everyone else. Too good for everything. The phone calls to his girlfriend to me screams that he is totally whipped. 

I actually liked Vinnie in the original series. Maybe I was missing things??? He's such an ASS this time. His commentary about SI women rubbed me really wrong. It's fine to have a preference, but he comes off as so arrogant and hypocritical about it!

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I actually liked Vinnie in the original series. Maybe I was missing things??? He's such an ASS this time. His commentary about SI women rubbed me really wrong. It's fine to have a preference, but he comes off as so arrogant and hypocritical about it!

In the original series, I thought he was just there. He didn't have a schtick or anything that made him memorable to me. He was just kind of there and boring. I didn't exactly dislike him but it was more meh. Since he found this diet and a non "truck driver" girlfriend though it seems he's become an arrogant asshole that makes me wonder what exactly he thinks he brings to the table that's so far and above the rest of roommates.

• Love 4

This series just isn't working.  Snookie is far too over the top for a married mother of two in her thirties.  Deena is too ridiculous with her drunken antics.  Ronnie is too disgusting with his philandering ways.  Pauly is too loud and clearly trying to get some kind of catchphrase to catch on. Vinnie is just an asshole now.  Jenny has her moments and Mike is much improved but they can't hold together a show of thirty somethings who are trying to be like they were in their twenties.

And I'm not sure any of them know the actual definition of "spiraling".  They use it for everything.  It kind of reminds me of the original series when they kept referring to (what the rest of the country called) "twerking" as "Jersey turnpiking".

• Love 4

It's like the show thinks that we viewers want to see anger, fighting, crying,  "oh poor me" and such.  We don't.  We want to be entertained.  This is not entertainment.  It's crap.

• Love 2

What is wrong with Deenas speech? She sounds so strange to me

She says things like you are such a weird. She uses it as a noun. And she said she was going to get a slipper. People normally say I'm going to go get my slippers. Plural. I think she felt a bit left out and threatened that the cast pretty much accepted Angelina so quickly. Especially Nicole. Because it shows Deena is very replaceable and she is not important. I can't believe I'm saying this but it was actually sweet of Angelina to ask Ron to push her in the pool so Deena wouldn't feel singled out and picked on.  It's not very interesting to see 30 somethings who are parents go out and get wasted every day.  Not saying being a parent excludes you from drinking or having fun but it's not a good look to act like you are twenty when you are clearly not. Vinnie is creepy. He seems to think he can do what he wants as long as he confesses his misdeeds to his girlfriend. He's definitely not Ron by any means but he clearly has no respect for his girl. 

• Love 8
17 hours ago, kira28 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but it was actually sweet of Angelina to ask Ron to push her in the pool so Deena wouldn't feel singled out and picked on.

I thought that was cool as well. But Ron should have been in big trouble for doing that to Deena. As drunk as she was, she could have easily drowned. 

• Love 5

Watched the last episode as I was bored (sinus headache was bothering me so I was a big couch potato).  

Totally agreed that Ron was stupid in pushing Deena into the pool as drunk as she was.  Angelina was very nice to tell Ron to do the same to her, so Deena didn't feel picked upon.  I do think they pick upon Deena.  Snooki would have a cow if they did that to her, plus Jenni would probably get all up in their faces.  I think Deena doesn't make for a good tv personality, but she would probably be a good friend.  She does have odd speech patterns.  

Jenni, can have multiple seats.  Who is she to decide who can or cannot be in the house?  I'm thinking it's partially producer driven 'outrage'.  I think they brought Angelina onboard because even the producers saw how boring it is (outside of Ron cheating).

Vinny is an ass.  I think he suddenly had a relationship or started one with the long distance girlfriend as soon as he heard or had an inkling that the show was a done deal.  He didn't want to be 'single' again in the house.  Everyone has or had relationships except him (unless I missed something, but I don't keep up with gossip on Vinny).  I don't think it was ever a serious relationship.

Deena never knew Angelina as far as I know, so as she said, she had zero reason to be upset with Angelina.   The way Jenni sniped at her was ridiculous.  Snooki was also running her mouth at the same time.

Smartest one is still Sammi for staying home.  

• Love 7

If this were the first time they asked Angelina back, I'd say fine, give her a second chance. But she's already had two chances, and she left both times.  More importantly, she continues to talk about them to the press (and anyone who asks) 8 years later, likely for money or maybe even just to see her name in print.  I don't blame Jwoww or Snooki for not trusting her and not wanting her back in the house. She's not their friend, never has been.

In my opinion, the producers failed to plan adequately for this season. The cast has great chemistry, I wish they would've sent them on adventures.  Also, why film in Miami if they're never going to use that pool. They've gone to beach once! I'm sick of seeing them out at clubs or at the Clevelander. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Jenni being the scapegoat telling Angelina that she has to leave is so producer-driven and fake. (Also, assuming it's not, just ask her, "So how long are you planning on staying?"). I just don't buy it.

But add me to the list of people who thought it was nice of Angelina to have Ron push her in the pool to keep Deena from feeling bad. I honestly like Angelina this time around - and Mike, too! Color me hella surprised. 

Edited by AnnieBananie
Because I like Angelina this time around, not Deena.
  • Love 9

I'm old. Are banana bags a thing now?! It seemed like the sort of thing Keith Richards might have done back in the day. Is it just used as a pick-me-up after a binge, the way someone might have a big greasy breakfast the night after a night out? Wow!

• Love 3
11 hours ago, archer1267 said:

I'm old. Are banana bags a thing now?! It seemed like the sort of thing Keith Richards might have done back in the day. Is it just used as a pick-me-up after a binge, the way someone might have a big greasy breakfast the night after a night out? Wow!

I had no idea what they were. According to Wikipedia:

"Banana bags are most often used for alcoholics who need thiamine to prevent Wernicke–Korsakoff syndrome. Chronic alcoholics can suffer significant whole-body magnesium deficiencies.[1][2]"

• Love 2
11 hours ago, archer1267 said:

Keith used to get blood transfusions back in the day.  LOL.  Today's version is a saline drip with some vitamins added, there are different kinds to heal what ails you.  There are a couple of these stores in Chicago, I know people that swear by it for a hangover cure.  I would want to do it Snooki style, just stay in bed and have them do it right there.  Getting out of bed, driving to the place, parking, and then having the procedure it pretty much exactly why I'd rather stay in bed all day.  By the time I do all that, I'm pretty much up at that point.  

Back on topic:  I've been around pools my whole life and one creed that every boy/man that I call a friend is.......you don't push a woman in the pool.  Ever.  Jagoff Ron.  If you did that to me, consider yourself dead to me.  I have zero tolerance for that kind of bullshit.

• Love 5

Am I the only one who thinks Angelina should have stayed? I felt like the show was boring with the same ol crap and at least Angelina added something different. They should have let Angelina stay and sent Deena home.

• Love 4
On 6/1/2018 at 9:43 PM, kira28 said:

What is wrong with Deenas speech? She sounds so strange to me

LOL she talked strange during the original run as well and it drove me NUTS!

"I want to do sex with Pauly"

"I need a food"

"You're a disgust"

20 hours ago, AnnieBananie said:

Jenni being the scapegoat telling Angelina that she has to leave is so producer-driven and fake. (Also, assuming it's not, just ask her, "So how long are you planning on staying?"). I just don't buy it.

The whole thing felt very contrived and fake to me. Do the producers expect us, the viewers, to believe that Pauly D is the one who invited Angelina to the the house?! Yeah, right. I'm sure contracts had to be signed, they had to negotiate how much money it would take for her to come back, ect. I didn't even recognize Angelina at first TBH. Looks like a completely different person.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Alexis2291 said:

LOL she talked strange during the original run as well and it drove me NUTS!

"I need a food"

"You're a disgust"

The whole thing felt very contrived and fake to me. Do the producers expect us, the viewers, to believe that Pauly D is the one who invited Angelina to the the house?! Yeah, right. I'm sure contracts had to be signed, they had to negotiate how much money it would take for her to come back, ect. I didn't even recognize Angelina at first TBH. Looks like a completely different person.

Yes to all of this. Lol she does speak in a weird way.

And yea, no way in hell Pauly D invited her back. The producers are pulling at all the strings to make the show interesting, and honestly even though I know every little thing is contrived and fake, I somehow am still entertained. I knew from the second Angelina started unpacking that she wasn't gonna stay, but the producers should honestly keep her on the show. At least it's a littleeeee something different. I get why she left the first time.. because she didn't ever think this show would be such a hit... but she's gotta feel like crap for missing out on this show all these years. She could have been making millions had she stayed.

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

And yea, no way in hell Pauly D invited her back. The producers are pulling at all the strings to make the show interesting, and honestly even though I know every little thing is contrived and fake, I somehow am still entertained.

Oh I agree - I know it's fake, I think we all do but I'm still gonna watch LOL it's my guilty pleasure. 

3 minutes ago, Jaclyn88 said:

but she's gotta feel like crap for missing out on this show all these years. She could have been making millions had she stayed.

I think she said in an interview that she regrets not staying and capitalizing off the show like the rest of them did. Some of them are richer than others but all are very financially well-off and stable and probably won't ever have to do "real" work again. I'd be pissed at myself, too!

• Love 3

She would have had to do some outrageous things to stay on the show.

I'm sure Situation and Snookie got most of the off-show opportunities though obviously Pauly has made out the most.  He doesn't have much of a personality but that hair and he's drama-free so people will book him.

I can't believe people who were watching the original run of JS would care if he's the DJ at some club to get him these cushy gigs.  If they're 20-something now, they would have been around 10 or younger when JS was originally running?

Or maybe they just watch JS on reruns in recent years and now want to pay what it takes to go to clubs with him as celebrity DJ.

• Love 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

At least it's a littleeeee something different. I get why she left the first time.. because she didn't ever think this show would be such a hit... but she's gotta feel like crap for missing out on this show all these years. She could have been making millions had she stayed.

Angelina thought she was too good for the show, both times she was on; so she left.  She shouldn't have been allowed to come back.  She only came back because she's pissed she missed out on all that $$$.  Too bad, so sad.

When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 3

I've been around pools my whole life and one creed that every boy/man that I call a friend is.......you don't push a woman in the pool.  Ever.  Jagoff Ron.

It seems to be the Ronnie Law that for every moment of kindness he shows, he has to cancel it out with a dick move. Earlier in the episode, he was nice to Angelina, trying to give her a pep talk about facing the girls and wanting to include her in the Meatball Day. And during moments like that, it's easy to see why people like Ron. But then he pushed Deena in the pool.

I hope they don't start bringing back more people to stir the pot. Who's next, Unit? Please. With Angelina, it just rang false because so much time has passed. It's been seven years since she was on the show, and it seems silly to bring her back after all this time to start drama when they're all older and mostly maturer. I got what Jenni meant when she said "I'd like to get to know you better...but away from the cameras." 

• Love 2
(edited)
On 5/18/2018 at 8:23 AM, Brooklynista said:

Did Deena ever give us a real reason she uses condoms with her husband?  I dunno, that choice strikes me as odd.  There are other ways for a married couple to avoid pregnancy.  I was with the fellas when they said a big reason to get married is to stop using condoms.  But I'm a bit of a horndog so...

I've been with my BF for nine years and we still use condoms. I wasn't aware this was weird or needed a "real reason."

However, she’s married, so why wouldn’t she get an IUD, a Norplant arm implant or get a Depo shot instead? She must not enjoy sex.

Is this sarcasm? This is a ridiculous assumption, haha! What the hell does being married or enjoying sex have to do with this?

She says things like you are such a weird. She uses it as a noun. 

"I need a food"

"You're a disgust"

I have no idea why, but my friends and I have always done this (especially "a food" [which is not grammatically incorrect, actually]). I think it started as a basic misspeak that we all thought was funny?

It makes me laugh that Mike is always eating!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

It makes me laugh that Mike is always eating!

He ordered everything off the menu at that restaurant!!!!

I hope he has a good gym membership or is blessed with good metabolism. But, damn, it is funny. 

• Love 8

As a person who thinks about what I'll eat later before I even dig into what I am presently eating, and always makes sure to have just-in-case food for late-night bouts of hunger (like to the point where, the other night, my BF reminded me to pick up a bag of chips as we were on the way home from picking up my $23 worth of Thai), I identify with his decisions!

• Love 2

Ok since it is today, I want to comment on the previews. So what if Angelina shit herself, we all do from time to time. But for Jenni and Snooki to be all screaming and acting like fools, you would think neither had two kids. Who changes the dirty diapers when they were little and kids can be pretty gross. Yes I know it is nasty but once again shit happens. I know I will have to wait to see what is up on the episode and I know it probably smelled but come on....

• Love 2

Producers were doing everything to make this show more interesting.  When the Ronnie cheating on his GF was over, they had NOTHING interesting

*Let's bring in a mannequin and name it Sam.

*Snooki loses her ring.

*Vinny  sort of cheating on his girlfriend.  (Still not buying it was a real relationship; he wanted to make sure he wasn't 'single' again on the show.  I noticed he never said oh I love you when apologizing/groveling/coming clean to the GF).

*Deena will go out with the guys and get drunk.  The guys will be pissed off.

*Let's go to the strip club multiple times.  Oooh Jenni will be the one who loves the strip club - how different will that be?

*Let's get Pauly a girl.  Zzzzz

*Let's show Mike ring shopping.  He'll be all freaked out and won't know a thing about jewelry (right when he and the other guys have chains and rings?)

*Let's bring Angelina back.  We'll have Jenni and Nicole be outraged (faux outrage - why do they care now?).  Mike acted like he couldn't care less.  Mike has bigger fish to fry.

*Let's have a vacation within a vacation.

*Oh, I know what - let's have Vinny's mom and his uncle fly to Miami.   She'll bring all of her food, and the uncle will be the old coot acting like he's a playa.

I think Mike is substituting food for the booze, smokes, and pills.  He himself said he's got an addictive personality.  I guess better food than what he gave up, or gambling.

What in the world will they do for season 2?

• Love 11

I can't handle this. The first few Angelina minutes of the show were actually funny and then they ruin it by trying to get Vinny and his creepy overly protective mom a spin- off. Why is everything about quirky Vinny doing quirky endearing good ol' Vinny stuff, like looking at other women and then confessing to his fake girlfriend, who can't even act like she gives a shit. Then calling his stereotype of a mother so they can be cutesy together and talk about how wittle Vin Vin didn't do anything wrong. Mommy's baby is single. Isn't Vinny's mom just totes adorbs? Now we have to endure her neurotic worrying scene because she can't get in touch with her baby boy; so they make a trip to check on him?? And the cameras just happened to be at Vinny's parent's house. Fucking why? The Vinny storeylines are sickeningly fake. I do not find his mother's overbearing bullshit cute at all. They are not likeable so they should stop trying to make them part of this.

• Love 17

I don't for one second believe that Jenny and Snooki LIKE Angelina. Such BS.  Deena and Aneglina were friends before JS.  The shit stuff was just drama and a story line. I can't buy into it. This goes back to old Miami days when they found her pad.   They are trying to be entertaining but I am divided. I watch because I watched back in the day, but these people aren't funny anymore.

When they were fighting back during the original run, they had security guards around them whilst doing promo shots and photos because they couldn't stand being around one another.

I used to think Vinny's family was cute and endearing, but his mum is going to be around on Father's Day morning when he has kids to celebrate the day with her son. I dated a mama's boy and it was a headache. Everything needed mum's and the family's approval. That's the vibe I'm getting from Vinny and his family. Everyone gets a say.

At this rate Mike's going on end up on 600lb life.

• Love 4

I think Mike is substituting food for the booze, smokes, and pills.  He himself said he's got an addictive personality.  I guess better food than what he gave up, or gambling.

My dad went to AA years ago. He told me that at break time, everyone either went outside for a smoke, or clustered around the refreshment table and ate donuts and drank coffee. He gave up smoking and drinking at around the same time and you're right, an addictive personality looks for the next thing to fill the gap. Mike's turning to food makes sense in that context, but it's funny because he was so vain about his physique and even mentioned "being on a diet" in a previous season (and was the first to comment on a girl's weight). I wouldn't be surprised if food tastes different to him now (better) that he's not smoking, drinking or using. 

• Love 6
On 6/7/2018 at 3:03 PM, toodywoody said:

So what if Angelina shit herself, we all do from time to time.

This sentence just might be the greatest thing I've ever read here. 

I got an alert from TMZ (why I put that on my phone I do not recall), but yes, our favorite couple had another fight.  

This time it was at a Las Vegas Hotel (where they are currently filming season 2).  Anyhow, the two had been sniping about who was taking care of the baby for a couple of days.  Ronnie was also asking what happened to their dog (it may have been his dog), which the article said was dead at the bottom of their pool (at Ron/Jen's home - they also live in Vegas).  Jen apparently showed up to the hotel room/suite unannounced, and of course fighting ensued.  She shoved Ron, maybe slapped him, and spit in his face.  Security called the police, and they're now looking for her (she may be charged - a misdemeanor).

Then I saw that Ronnie also almost got into a fight with some guy at poolside (another hotel in Vegas) on day 2 of shooting.  There's a video of the two guys yelling at each other, security all around.  There's no one else from the JS cast around, just Ronnie yelling at this guy.    

This is so not going to end well.  Ronnie better knock it off with the cracks about Mike going to prison.  Just sayin'.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, SFoster21 said:

That dress J wore in Bimini was seriously ugly.  Looked like underwear.

Looked like the top was some vintage (or retro) lingerie, which is cool in theory. But the “underwear as outerwear” thing works better in non-white and non-skin tone colors, IMO.

• Love 1
(edited)

That Vinny's mother storyline made me cringe because they tried to play it off like the cameras  just so happened to end up in Staten Island and their house just so happened to be unlocked with producers just so happening to be there filming them in addition to not telling the mother where he is .. that was as scripted as it gets . They really are pulling out all the stops this season . 

Im a Staten islander and Vinny's house must cost wayy over a million .. you live in a shit box here for $500,000 so I can only imagine . 

I also love how they're talking about exchanging numbers with Angelina and that they want to hang out after the show .. when the rest of them haven't even hung out since the first go around ended . They need to stop making it like they're all BFF .

I like Paulie but he's getting annoying with the constant " prank war champion " a million times in a row . He's trying sooo hard to make it a thing and it's just not . Does the guy ever say one sentence in a normal voice ?

Edited by Jaclyn88
  • Love 6
(edited)

I just watched the new episode and I don’t even know what to say.

First and foremost, JWoww asking Angelina to leave pretty much seemed staged. 

Angelina supposedly shitting her pants was very strange - don’t know if that was producer driven or not. Whether it was a “period shit” or “regular shit,” why was she still in the same clothes at the house, sitting on furniture and carrying on?! Wouldn’t most people want to hop in the shower and get some clean clothes on ASAP, not ask others if they want to see proof of the shit-stained undergarments?! ??? Idk, I guess she was so drunk that none of that mattered at the time? ??‍♀️

The thing with Vinny’s mom and uncle also seemed staged. I dated a mama’s boy before and let me tell you, it was a nightmare (well I cut it off before it got serious but the signs were all there). 

Pauly’s one-liners are getting tiresome but that’s just me. I didn’t finish the entire episode so perhaps I’ll return to it and come back to edit this.

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 6

They're a disaster. Where is the poor baby?

https://people.com/tv/jersey-shore-ronnie-magro-jen-harley-fight-dead-dog/

Jersey Shore's Ronnie Ortiz-Magro Fights with Ex Jen Harley Over Dead Dog

Jersey Shore star Ronnie Ortiz-Magro and his ex-girlfriend Jen Harley are fighting again.

According to multiple reports, the former couple got into a heated argument on Thursday night in Las Vegas.

Officer Jay Rivera of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department told Radar Online that “a battery did take place last night at Planet Hollywood at approximately 9:30 p.m.”

“Police arrived on the scene and did determine that there was unlawful contact against the will of another, in this case, against Mr. Ortiz-Magro,” said Rivera.

According to Rivera, Harley “fled the scene.”

Rivera told Us Weekly that they would “submit a warrant for Domestic Violence to the District Attorney’s office, the D.A. will then determine if they will make it an active warrant.”

TMZ reports that Harley was the one to call police, but when they showed up around 10 p.m. she was nowhere to be found. They reportedly interviewed multiple witnesses and were told that Harley “punched him in the head” and “spit on him.”

Harley, however, insists she did not get physical with her ex.

“I did not hit him, I did not punch him,” she tells PEOPLE. “It was all recorded.”

Ortiz-Magro, 32, is currently filming season 2 of Jersey Shore Family Vacation with the rest of the cast in Vegas. A source tells PEOPLE that the latest altercation was sparked after Ortiz-Magro stopped by his house to check on the former couple’s dogs and found Harley’s dog dead in the pool.

“He grabbed his dog and put him in a safe spot,” says the source. “Jen thinks he drowned her dog and went crazy trying to find him. She went on a rampage.”

Adds the source: “Ron’s done a lot of stupid s— in his life, but he isn’t in the wrong this time.”

A second source tells PEOPLE Ortiz-Magro stopped by the house after Harley “was unresponsive to him.”

“This was when he found the deceased dog,” says the source. “He’s devastated over the dog.”

Harley confirms to PEOPLE that the argument was over the loss of her dog. She says when she got home, both her and Ortiz-Magro’s dogs were missing; Ortiz-Magro informed her that her dog had drowned in the pool and he had taken to get it cremated. Harley says she is baffled as to how this could have occurred since her dog could swim perfectly.

MTV did not immediately respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

• Love 2

I am only half watching this, and haven't seen the latest episode, but...

Come on Jenni. You are a mother of 2 in your 30s. Why are you still threatening to beat people up and yelling in their faces? She's so trashy.

I agree with everyone else that this is super dull.

All the girls' lips look so weird and ugly that I can't stop staring at them.

• Love 5

I didn't even bother watching this week. I DVR'd it and if I get desperate for something to watch, then maybe. I doubt it though. Sounds like nothing happened. I don't particular care if Angelina shat herself and anything focused on Vinny's family is just more confirmation that this show has completely jumped the shark. It actually did around the second episode.

I can't stand this new attitude that people have that it's okay to curse people out, threaten to attack or "jump" them or even carry that out. Jenny looks and sounds ridiculous acting this way. It's so embarrassing. I'm aghast that this become normal behavior among some of the over 30 crowd.

I was in a McDonald's the other day (don't judge me! I have cancer and decided eff that, I'm trying to new bbq artisanal burger) and it was after the local high school let out. There was a young gal there with her boyfriend and she was talking to him about some other girl across the restaurant and how she would "jump that bitch" if she even looked her way. And I'd bet anything that if she did, all the cell phones would be whipped out and the kids would cheer on this kind of thing. That scares me. 

• Love 13

I DVR'd it and if I get desperate for something to watch, then maybe.

That's how I've been watching it. The stashed DVR episodes were actually a lifesaver last week after a horrific day at work that made me want to eat potato chips for dinner and lie around on the couch all night!

• Love 2
11 hours ago, configdotsys said:

was in a McDonald's the other day (don't judge me! I have cancer and decided eff that, I'm trying to new bbq artisanal burger)

Number one I wouldn't judge you or anyone for eating anything, anywhere.   McDonald's serves a purpose, and obviously billions of people have eaten there too 

Number two, especially being sick, you have to learn not to care about other people's opinions of trifling stuff.  Or even of big stuff!  It's YOUR life, live it how you want to!

I'm a survivor too, cancer at 31, I'm 60 now.  The fight is winnable, and every day they come up with amazing new therapies.  Hang in there.  I wish you the best!

• Love 19
11 hours ago, Neveragain said:

Number one I wouldn't judge you or anyone for eating anything, anywhere.   McDonald's serves a purpose, and obviously billions of people have eaten there too 

Number two, especially being sick, you have to learn not to care about other people's opinions of trifling stuff.  Or even of big stuff!  It's YOUR life, live it how you want to!

I'm a survivor too, cancer at 31, I'm 60 now.  The fight is winnable, and every day they come up with amazing new therapies.  Hang in there.  I wish you the best!

Thank you! I never really eat that stuff but love bbq sauce and figured what the hell, I'm trying it! It was actually pretty good but it feels weird to drop nearly six bucks on a single item at McD's.

• Love 6

I don't particular care if Angelina shat herself

I finally watched the episode last night and seriously didn't expect the shart/period stuff to go on for as long as it did. It wasn't just an "Angelina had an accident in the cab," there seemed to be a case study at the house, complete with Angelina offering to show the evidence. I don't know if she was just trying to be a good sport and make herself the object of teasing, but it went on way too long and was just gross. I would have actually enjoyed more footage of Mike eating food and talking about food, if we're at the level of "no plot lines so we'll go with skid marks."

I counted Pauly saying "I love _____ this time of year!" four times. We get it. 

I was never an Uncle Nino fan but I laughed out loud when he told the Sammi doll that she looked like Jackie O. And Vinny's mom has totally spoiled him for other women, in terms of cooking and cleaning. When Vinny mentioned on the way back that he was craving authentic Italian food, made by off-the-boat Italians, I thought he surely must know that his mom was at the house.

• Love 7
(edited)

Angelina needed a schtick to stay on.....maybe she thought if she did something Outrageous that they would ask her to stay on?  It was uncomfortable all around.  Clearly, she did not poop her pants, she said it to get A Reaction -- then kept talking and talking about it.  She was not that drunk.  She managed to bring down Snooki to "have a talk" about the situation and beg her to assure her that The Boys won't think she's a pig.  Really?  She certainly knew WHO to get down there to talk with her - the biggest female moneymaker.  Snooki's lips were so distracting and weird who knows what they said in the end?  Angelina was clearly contracted for only a couple of episodes -- and was super grateful for it.  The money must be pretty good -- so good that she made a complete fool of herself and they still asked her to GO.

The Contrivance of Vinny's Mom and Uncle Nino were a bit too much.  Her cleaning up the joint just put back All Womanhood about 50 years....Thanks MommaVinny!  Not to diss cleaning, but seriously?  They didn't bring in a Cleaning Team to do the job?  That they all took it for granted was also so annoying.  I clean one thing I expect a parade.  (JK, but seriously....some gratefulness was in order.). Back in the day, Vinny had some serious mental health issues...they should talk about how he got help....that would be a public service.

The show is boring.  Going to Bimini for ONE DAY was so Shark Jumpy my head was spinning.  Bimini needed some advertisement and must have comped the trip....not even for a weekend though --they were limiting their exposure to the Mess That is JS.....Can't blame them.

Agree with everyone else who is completely bored with Pauly's screeching and trying to Make Whatever He's Saying A Thing.  They are not A Thing.  He needs to quit.  

Edited by Eme
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, archer1267 said:

What does it mean when someone's being "extra?" This is the first I've heard the word used as an adjective.

It means someone is being really OTT, excessively dramatic. 

• Love 4

Being 'reported' by US and RO that the cast is staging an intervention for Ronnie.  Snooki and Jwoww are very concerned about his alcohol use.  From what I've read online, might be a little concerned about drug use too (allegedly).  

Snooki is concerned about his drinking.  How ironic.  And the articles said they think he's on a downward spiral.  Enough with the spiral and spiraling phrases already!

I think it was 'reported' to also help publicity for the show, but hey, I'm cynical.  The show started off with great ratings, but it's had to taper off since then (plus the shows have gotten progressively more boring).  I doubt the producers honestly want to see a sober Ronnie, as what else do they have for plot points?

• Love 4

Deena's contrived speech pattern is also a schtick so that she has something "interesting" about her. Nope. Does not work.  She's trying to be the "dumb meatball"....Snooki has that title all wrapped up.  Deena just tries too hard and it is so cringeworthy -- I wish they'd kept Angelina and booted Deena.  They could have also booted Ron along with her.  

• Love 4