Type keyword(s) to search

Jersey Shore - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Pauly seems like a interesting case from a psychological perspective. I don't think out of all the seasons and episodes he has been the center or caused any drama. He has said something though I believe on the current show that makes me think he does not really think  much of females. Yes it's obvious he is attracted to them but he said something that makes me wonder. I believe it was the episode when everyone was trying to find him a good gal. Pauly made a comment. These aren't the exact words but it was something about finding it hard to even find a gal he even wants to talk to for a few minutes. We know that all the girls we have seen at least on the show have been from the clubs. The fact that he sounded like it's unbearable to even talk to these girls says something that he does not really respect them. Either that or he has been extremely unlucky and all the gals he finds at clubs are big bitches and this has soured him.

Pauly might be the typical kind of dude that is sexually attracted to a certain type of girl, but he's not mentally/emotionally attracted to those girls. I'd say at his age, he really needs to figure that out and give the "less hot" (in his mind. I always think the girls he picks are yuck.) girls more of a chance. 

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Stringey said:

Pauly seems like a interesting case from a psychological perspective. I don't think out of all the seasons and episodes he has been the center or caused any drama. He has said something though I believe on the current show that makes me think he does not really think  much of females. Yes it's obvious he is attracted to them but he said something that makes me wonder. I believe it was the episode when everyone was trying to find him a good gal. Pauly made a comment. These aren't the exact words but it was something about finding it hard to even find a gal he even wants to talk to for a few minutes. We know that all the girls we have seen at least on the show have been from the clubs. The fact that he sounded like it's unbearable to even talk to these girls says something that he does not really respect them. Either that or he has been extremely unlucky and all the gals he finds at clubs are big bitches and this has soured him.

I don't read anything else into what you and he said than he's tired of the type of women HE meets. He meets basic club chicks all the time and it's not interesting to him anymore. Where he works and the brand of women he attracts leads to those types of women. He doesn't hate women.

I think the whole reason why he had a actually relationship with Aubrey O Day is that she may be a lot of things but she's not a pushover. She's not starstruck and knows what she wants. I think he wants to be challenged. The typical women he meets on these shows are no challenge.

On the non confrontation front, I think he's very calculated in his brand. He knows he sticks out as the easy going jokester. He doesn't want to mess that up. 

• Love 12
(edited)

Wtf is wrong with Ron? Sorry you'r a sorry asshole who knocked up some hooker you barely knew because you decided to not wear a condom. That is no reason to stir up unneccessary trouble. 

And Jenni needs to calm the fuck down. She is the one that took over the proposal and suggested all that shit. Jenni took the fuck over and made it how she wanted it to be, not how Mike wanted it be. 

Edited by toodywoody
  • Love 12
(edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 7:29 PM, Alexis2291 said:

were all there). 

Pauly’s one-liners are getting tiresome but that’s just me. I didn’t finish the entire episode so perhaps I’ll return to it and come back to edit this.

100% this ! A near 40 year old screaming awk awk awkward 9000 Times is overkill . Prank war champion uhhh ok . Plus another poster mentioned PaulyD doesn’t really have conversations . Ever. Another poster nailed it too- he’s aware of his brand.  I like him tho and as much as i LOVED the the first run of JS , i don’t see how this continues to season 2 . They’re grown adults and it’s boring. Like real life haha crazy 20”s end for a reason , you can’t handle it as you age ?

** Ronnie’s real life on Instagram is much more entertaining than JS Family Vacation ?

Edited by DNR
Spellcheck
  • Love 5

Curious how this season does in ratings compared to other MTV shows, especially those featuring a younger cast.  Presumably MTV viewers are much younger than this JS cast?

Of course Challenge has been going on consistently for years and a lot of those cast members are in their mid 30s now or approaching it.

I'm sure MTV was hoping just some of the viewers who watched during the original run would tune in, like many of us have.  But may not be enough.

Hell I saw a commercial for a show featuring the Ozzy Osbourne and his two brat kids (all grown up now) on some other channel.

These cable TV channels may be out of ideas so they're going to retread shows from a decade ago.

They just need to go find a new generation for Laguna Beach now.

On 6/8/2018 at 7:39 PM, Artsda said:

Officer Jay Rivera of the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department told Radar Online that “a battery did take place last night at Planet Hollywood at approximately 9:30 p.m.”

“Police arrived on the scene and did determine that there was unlawful contact against the will of another, in this case, against Mr. Ortiz-Magro,”

If Ronnie used his brain , he’d let his baby momma act out , hit / spit whatever and then GO FOR CUSTODY but no.... he gets in an altercation . The baby should be removed from BOTH their care and given a chance at a happy upbringing .

* Sammi has got to be glad she dodged this bullet ( and especially never had children with Ronnie) 

• Love 5
(edited)

MTV is not failing with this show. It's not a failure. It's rating are right in line with regular cable successes (1 and a half million or higher) and 1.2 to 1.0 in the previous 18 to 49 demo. It's been the top cable show of the night since it's return. It's a success story not a failure.

Yes one might ask why because there is nothing here. But, nostalgia is a hell of a thing to the point where people are nostalgic for things not even 10 years old. 

Ronnie is such a punk bitch. It's pathetic how clearly jealous he is of every dude in the house thanks to his poor life choices. 

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 9

I was only able to see the show to the point where Lauren arrived.  Ronnie was so damned jealous.  Dude, it's YOUR fault your life is so fucked up, not Mike's nor Sammi's.

Ron, just an FYI, that is how a normal, happy couple behave.  It's not fight, make up, be great for a couple of days, then fight again.

Then he says whatever to Jenni, who then gets a major burr up her ass.  I don't know what she was so upset about.  She volunteered "her" jeweler.  Whatever on that BS.  I'm sure she is just the tops, flying across the country just because "Jwoww" called her.  Right.  She volunteered to do a bunch of shit, I guess.  So she's pissed that Mike wanted to do things his way?  WTF.  Maybe she wanted to ask Lauren herself?  She can have several seats.

And Ronnie, you are such a troubled person.  I was going to say man, but nah, he's not a grown man.  He needs to spend some of that money he's being paid and invest it in a GOOD therapist - STAT.  Why does everyone else find true love?  Why can't I?  Well, because you have such rage in you, you cheat, and you cheat, and you cheat.  Possibly also because you have a drinking and/or drug problem (if so, then the GOOD therapist you find can recommend a rehab).  Then the woe is me because he got Jen pregnant.  She has posted online that the pregnancy was planned (probably as he was drunk/high, thought it was a great idea).  No idea why she thought it was a great idea, because now she has this man-boy in her life forever now.  

Deena at least had the presence of mind to get Lauren out of the room while the Engagement Coordinator had her hissy fit with Mike.  Mike handled that all so well.  I think I would have told her to go to hell, gotten Lauren and left pronto.  Snooki was to accompany Deena, but of course, was more interested in seeing what her bestie would do, and probably didn't want to miss the drama - and possibly camera time.  

• Love 8
(edited)

I usually like Jenni, but she was working my last nerve last night. She's getting THAT mad at Mike over something she HEARD (consider the source) he was going to do, not something he even actually did??? Mad enough that she's going to try and ruin his proposal. Damn, girl. Check yourself. 

And if I have to see Ronnie cry one more mother fucking time....his tears don't work on me. He is a fuck-up. He's super jealous of Mike. Oh, and apparently he only fooled around with french fry because SHE (his baby mama) cheated first? As if he doesn't have a history of cheating every time he blinks. 

Laurens seems nice. 

I'm glad there wasn't an entire episode of Uncle Nino and Paula. Although, that food looked amazing. I especially wanted to dig into that fettuccine!

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, DNR said:

If Ronnie used his brain , he’d let his baby momma act out , hit / spit whatever and then GO FOR CUSTODY but no.... he gets in an altercation . The baby should be removed from BOTH their care and given a chance at a happy upbringing .

* Sammi has got to be glad she dodged this bullet ( and especially never had children with Ronnie) 

That's to assume he'd want full custody . He doesn't seem like the type that wants to be a full time dad . Part time is pushing it 

• Love 5

Ha! Just caught Uncle Nino telling Mike that if he needs anything, Nino has a bunch of guys on the inside. Because of course he does.

On another note, that Italian spread that Paula cooked was making my mouth water. I don't know how Vinny passes up most of that non-Keto food!

• Love 9
11 hours ago, dangwoodchucks said:

I just love Mike and his food love.

With his money troubles, he's probably not going to nice restaurants or able to get room service at a nice hotel.

So he's just gorging on the free stuff.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

so how did Mike afford the fancy ring flown in from Beverly Hills??

The show. I'm convinced they bought it for him, just like they paid to fly down Vinny's family, because the season is so boring.

I think that's also why Ronnie was so jealous and tried his best to ruin it.  That, and he's a massive tool who can't stand to see anyone else happy.  Why Jenni, Snooki & Deena like him is beyond me.

• Love 5
(edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 4:39 PM, Artsda said:

https://people.com/tv/jersey-shore-ronnie-magro-jen-harley-fight-dead-dog/

A second source tells PEOPLE Ortiz-Magro stopped by the house after Harley “was unresponsive to him.”

“This was when he found the deceased dog,” says the source. “He’s devastated over the dog.”

“He grabbed his dog and put him in a safe spot,” says the source.

[Jen] says when she got home, both her and Ortiz-Magro’s dogs were missing

“Jen thinks he drowned her dog and went crazy trying to find him. She went on a rampage.”

Hmmmm. This really sounds like Ronnie killed/drowned the dog. She won’t return his calls, he goes to her house when she isn’t there, her dog turns up dead and he takes his dog with him. Then he takes her dog to be cremated without her knowledge or consent? And according to her the dog could swim just fine. Wow, can’t say for sure that he drowned the dog, but it seems really suspicious. And if she believes he did it…I mean, she knows the guy, so he probably did.

This guy just gets scarier and scarier; I wish they would kick him off the show.

Reminds me of when he trashed all of Sam’s stuff and was repeating himself over and over while he did it. He’s an abuser plain and simple and I'm starting to get the creeps just seeing him on my tv screen.

Edited by Summerday
  • Love 7
(edited)
23 hours ago, snarts said:

The show. I'm convinced they bought it for him, just like they paid to fly down Vinny's family, because the season is so boring.

I think that's also why Ronnie was so jealous and tried his best to ruin it.  That, and he's a massive tool who can't stand to see anyone else happy.  Why Jenni, Snooki & Deena like him is beyond me.

What's annoying is that seem to be digging to find reasons to not like Mike again while Ronnie is steady performing shitty behavior after shitty behavior. Imagine if Mike had clogged up the toilet that bad, kicked a woman out that one of them was hooking up with, cheated on his pregnant girlfriend or any of the other stuff he's done. They would ready to kick Mike out. Ronnie has always been a shithead and they just ignore it but when does anything wrong, he's a jerk.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 4

He meets basic club chicks all the time and it's not interesting to him anymore. Where he works and the brand of women he attracts leads to those types of women.

Pauly reminds me of Matt McConaughey's character in Dazed and Confused: "high school chicks...I get older and they stay the same age." He's almost 38 now and probably meeting women at clubs who are 10-15 years younger than he is. Mike's relationship with Lauren is grounded because he knew her before he was famous. He doesn't have to worry about her motivations. She had a life of her own and isn't a hanger-on. There are women out there who would probably think one of the Jersey Shore guys as a big score (especially Pauly, given his net worth).

I don't know what Ron does for work, if anything...he probably does "paid appearances." Like Pauly, he's not going to meet the type of woman he wants to meet as long as he's out there partying and hanging out in strip joints. It's a shame that he moved to Las Vegas and is now rooted there with a daughter - I would say that he should move back home to his family and friends and get back to the values he grew up with.

• Love 7
(edited)
20 hours ago, Racj82 said:

What's annoying is that seem to be digging to find reasons to not like Mike again while Ronnie is steady performing shitty behavior after shitty behavior. Imagine if Mike had clogged up the toilet that bad, kicked a woman one of them was hooking up with, cheated on his pregnant girlfriend or any of the other stuff he's done. They would ready to kick Mike out. Ronnie has always been a shithead and they just ignore it but when does anything wrong, he's a jerk.

Ronnie kicked a woman?  Who did he kick and why don't I remember this?

Edited by Maharincess

I missed it that it was JEN'S dog that drowned.   Man, it sure sounds like something Ronnie would do in one of his rages.  He broke all of Sammi's stuff, including her glasses.  It's one thing to throw her stuff out on the deck, but he deliberately destroyed her stuff.   Guessing she couldn't call the police for his destroying her property due to the JS contract?  

Do we even know her dog is dead?  

I did see that filming for Season 2 has move back to the shore away from Vegas.  Crew said they couldn't take it with the fighting between Ron/Jen.  It may have been part of the plan all along to go back to where it all began, but everything was moved up.

• Love 2

• Love 1

Pauly lucked out out of all of them .. he never had to cause any of the drama on the show and literally just screams random phrases over and over and he's richer than all of them . He is very calculating but he's doing something right 

• Love 13
(edited)

Uncle Nino: gross, vulgar old perv. He reminds me of those old men that cruise past the high school to gawk at the girls. 

Vinnie’s Mom seems lovely. I’d gain 500lbs if I lived in her house. That food looked incredible. 

Did anyone else start laughing when Rawn started crying and the went up to bed holding his ducky and sniffling. He gets no sympathy from me. He’s an an abusive, toxic asshole. He completely tried to sabotage Mike’s proposal. That’s why he told Jenni about the pie. And Jenni needs to calm the eff down. She made it sound like she was the wedding planner, and not just a friend helping out another friend. She goes from zero to explosive scary person. 

Deena calling Mike dumb? He’s friggin Einstein compared to Deena. She doesn’t even know how to speak properly. 

On 6/14/2018 at 8:47 PM, Batwings said:

JWoww, get over yourself. And your face is starting to resemble a muppet. Maybe take a break from the plastic surgeon for a while. 

Roger posted an older picture of him and Jenni on IG. She doesn’t even resemble herself anymore, and it’s a shame because she use to be very pretty. 

Edited by Barbara Please
  • Love 8

*small voice* - I'm watching the original season on Hulu, and I think Jenni looks better now.  *ducks and runs*

I'm no expert on the Keto diet, but I think it's basically a high fat/protein - low carb diet. 

• Love 7
12 hours ago, Stringey said:

Didn't you already state this thought days ago? Just making sure I'm not going crazy here.

• Love 6
(edited)
42 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

*small voice* - I'm watching the original season on Hulu, and I think Jenni looks better now.  *ducks and runs*

Style-wise, most definitely. I also don't mind the plastic surgery work she's had done. I just hope she doesn't keep messing with it. I love her & Roger on social media. 

Not to belabor the point, but they could really make this revival so much more interesting. Send them on adventures ala Road Rules. Drop them into interesting places for the weekend.

I also wish that Ron would get locked up or something so that Sam might return. I'd much rather see her than him and I hate they're filming the next season in Las Vegas where he lives. 

Edited by snarts
missing key word -- doesn't
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

Didn't you already state this thought days ago? Just making sure I'm not going crazy here.

Thank you! I scrolled down thinking that I had already read that comment. Now I know that I'm not going crazy. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I did write this days ago but i did not repeat it or  repost it. Not sure why it is reposted here though. That is weird did I hit a button or something. 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Stringey said:

I did write this days ago but i did not repeat it or  repost it. Not sure why it is reposted here though. That is weird did I hit a button or something. 

I can't say. It might have stayed in your reply box after you posted it. Sometimes you have to clear the box or it will stay there. It has happen to me before. It will ask if you want to clear editor or something like that. 

It's no biggie. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, snarts said:

Style-wise, most definitely. I also don't mind the plastic surgery work she's had done. I just hope she doesn't keep messing with it. I love her & Roger on social media. 

When she first got shit done, I thought she looked bad. But she surprisingly settled into it nicely. I think she looks good now. She looked SO wretched the first season. That HAIR. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, snarts said:

I love their Awestruck series. Their house in Maine is gorgeous and looks like a great getaway place. They ham it up for the cameras but you can tell they have a happy home life and love each other.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, scrb said:

Yeah but what's with those glasses?  They're probably fancy designer but looks like stuff post menopausal women wear.

Eh. I'm kind of used to the crazy glasses people are wearing these days. Not my style, but I'll take those over her rat's nest extensions with the blonde streaks any day. 

• Love 3

JWoww got on my nerves this episode with her constant whining of how if not for her this proposal wouldn't be happening. Mike should have just done his own thing and not let anyone else get involved.

What is with Deena constantly referring to Lauren as "Laurens"?

My thinking is they will probably have the wedding filmed during season 2.  I am hoping they at least bring back Angelina for part of season 2 because I heard that Deena is not going to be on it.

• Love 3
On 6/15/2018 at 9:58 AM, Jaclyn88 said:

That's to assume he'd want full custody . He doesn't seem like the type that wants to be a full time dad . Part time is pushing it 

Actually you’re so right Jaclyn...what was i thinking.  Ronnie is all about this “lifestyle” he’s living . Having a baby & baby momma he’s feuding with would definitely cramp his style and given all the insane press reporting brawls & dead dogs, he’s raging over his mistake.  

** if Jen Harley really thinks Ronnie drowned her dog...imagine how scary it would feel to leave the baby with him. Mental problems plus Roid Rage.  Y i k e s

** i hate Ronnie’s face, he makes my skin crawl. 

• Love 3

Ron has got to get it together! The crying and jealousy and general bad behavior is not a good look for anyone, let alone a person of his age. I am pretty sure he cried himself to sleep hugging a ratty pair of Sammi's sweatpants. How anyone can put up with his nonsense is beyond me.

• Love 3
(edited)

Are Vinny's parents divorced? I'm trying to remember if I ever saw Vinny's dad, or heard him mentioned. Paola's chat with Ronnie ("I've changed a lot over the last 10 years") made me wonder if they're divorced. I was surprised to hear a traditional Sicilian mom have laid-back attitudes about marriage and having kids without being married. It made me wonder if she'd tell her daughters the same thing.

I was kind of horrified at the group proposal sort of thing, but mine was private - just my husband and me on the beach, no one around. I just had this image of Pauly actually DJing and the girls all acting like a Greek chorus on the side and thought let Mike do his thing on his own! But maybe that was part of the agreement with Mike getting all this stuff comped, that it would be a group activity. 

Mike denting the pan with the coconut cracked me up.

Edited by archer1267
  • Love 2

Minority opinion here, but I feel like I need to take up for Ronnie a bit. If Jen truly believes that Ron killed her dog, I hope she reported it. There are laws against animal cruelty! The things the two of them have publicly leveled at each other are so over-the-top that it wouldn't surprise me if Jen blamed Ronnie for something that wasn't his fault, and then post it all over social media. She's a piece of work too.

Just because a dog can swim doesn't mean it can't drown, especially if left unattended for periods of time (and given this couple's lifestyle, wouldn't surprise me), and in the Vegas heat. I think the pup died of negligence more than anything done on purpose.

Sure we've seen Ronnie act out, trash Sam's things etc. but it's still a big leap to say that he has it in him to kill a dog, just to spite his ex. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Uncle Nino has always been a perverted disgusting man.  Sure it can come across as funny, but at some point it becomes way too over the top.  

Ronny is jealous of Mike.  He’s so pathetic.  Interesting how he’s spinning it now on Jen and her cheating. LOL   That mofo Ron is the biggest loser, liar and cheater and he questions someone? Hahaha 

Don’t know how any of these people like him.  Jenny excusing his behavior and attitude.  BLAH! Dude we saw ABUSIVE Ron in season 3. He hasn’t changed. Only now he has a kid.   

He is is so jealous of Mike that he deliberately wanted to cause drama between him and Jenny he’s such an arse. What a hater. 

Jenny talking about being with someone who cheated on her. She saw Pauly’s penis during like the first 1-2 episodes of the original JS. So high and mighty now.

Funny how Vinny’s mother Says she doesn’t believe in getting married. Everything that Italians disagree with lol.

Lauren seems nice. Nice body, seems pretty enough.  But both she and Mike have bad noses. ?

Edited by Penelope5
  • Love 5

What a coincidence that everyone was talking about wanting a clean house and authentic Italian and Vinnie’s  Mom just happened to be there doing all the “woman’s work”. The fact that they are trying to pretend they don’t know she signed the documents it took for her scheduled appearance is more than annoying. The show didn’t need this to make it interesting. They don’t need storylines imo. Jersey Shore is interesting because of how the original cast interacts. I know that’s a minority opinion. 

• Love 7

Ronnie says, “Everything I did were reactions to HER actions.” What a pussy ass thing to say. Why would anyone put the mother of their child on blast saying she cheated? The kid will watch this one day. That’s between the adults in the relationship. Not for the children’s ears! 

I liked Jenny but what a bitch! She and Ronnie should be together because neither one of them can grow up. Of course I wouldn’t wish Ronnie on anyone. He is abusive and such a disgusting  person. That’s why his woman cheated IF she did, but I don’t believe a word he says. Does anybody remember Mike saying he was going to throw a pie in Jenny’s face? Or did Ron make that up too just to be the little bitch that he is? He would try to destroy the proposal out of jealousy. He’s got some bad karma.

Everyone is calling her Laurens. Not just Deena. Weird.

• Love 2