Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, pinguina said:

I found it a bit condescending of MM to interpret what "racism" is.  Unless you have been "exposed" to its various shades - from unintentional, to very subtle, to overt - and understand the differences/nuances it is hard to take what MM says seriously.  I'm not saying you have had to experience this various tones but have been around them (either doing them or seeing it happen to others - as some of the patrons of Starbucks did) to recognize them.   As a minority (and a female) I have been on the receiving end of a variety of comments and as Whoopie said there are some things that just make you perk up and wonder, "What was that?"

I don't understand MM's stance on the orange guy.  She has said she doesn't like him but defends everything he says and does.  Even today when discussing Comey's interview from Sunday, she seemed (to me) to defend him. When Sunny said that between the orange guy and Comey, she believes Comey - I was surprised that MM didn't ask Sunny why she believed Comey over the orange guy.  (If she did, I missed it.)  Maybe it's because after 15 months in office the orange guy has lied over 2,000 times!

It was condescending because she tried to address 'real racism'. There's an underlying message there in those choice of words that suggest that many experiences don't fall into the category of 'real racism' but like you point out that's disingenuous because there are nuances to racism. Personally, I'm a bit like Whoopie where I won't quickly call racism (even if there is racist undertones) to something I hear. That nuance is inherent racism that may be due to ignorance or maybe because you're just plain old racist. If I don't think someone is intending to be malicious I won't use the term 'racist' because if there's room for someone to learn and genuinely grow form the experience, I wouldn't want to say something to offend them and then they're so busy being offended that they don't listen to what I have to say. 

The only time Meghan actually talks crap about Trump is if it's something directly related to her dad because it's no secret what Trump thinks of her father. 

• Love 13

I couldn't help but compare Jenna Bush to Meghan during the comments about Barbara Bush.  Jenna is frequently a sub on the Hoda/Kathy Lee hour of the Today Show.  She undoubtedly got the job because she's the daughter and granddaughter of Presidents.  However, when I've seen Jenna host, she doesn't constantly mention her father and grandfather.  She will occasionally tell a story about them, but, it's actually possible to watch her and not be constantly hit over the head with who she's related to.  Sorry, Meghan.  Presidents trump (no pun intended) Senators.

• Love 22
5 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Guys. She done it. That Cujo has broken me. I couldn't even watch Albright's interview or Friday's show, even though from comments posted in last week's thread, revealed she did get her ass handed to her twice, at least.

I'm so stressed and I just can't deal with the rabid foaming at the mouth, screeching beast.

And when I'm wrong, I can admit it. Though I found Jedi insufferable, she wasn't hateful, like Meghan is. I'll be in my corner eating crow. And since it seems that guests that appear on this show, also appear on the other late night shows, where they get to speak for at least 10 minutes or so, I'll stick to them.

Come sit by me.

I gave up, for the mostpart, weeks ago. 

I ♡ comments I agree with/appreciate, at this point, even if I haven't watched The View.

Edited by AdeleDazeem
typo
  • Love 14

I was so happy that Joy so delicately mentioned that Mariska's mother (Jayne Mansfield) had died when she was three & left it at that.  Just sayin'.

Edited by Medicine Crow
Oops ... there's an "s" in Mariska!!!
  • Love 22

Why don't these women call out some of the stupid things Meghan says? Complaining about the dossier being unverifiable...

I suspect it's because they know that if they did call out Meghan's idiocies it would just lead to her amping up the shrill interruptions and create more long stretches of "Meghan monologue." I do wonder,  however, why the powers behind the scene don't put a stop to her unwanted deputy moderating.

I may find occasional irritation with the others, but MM leads to full-on fatigue.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

'Tis sae hard to read tone in emails/message boards. But, are you being facetious?

Definitely. I meant it as a comment on MM and how worked up about his appearance she is. She's out for blood. Her entrance on this show ought to be a classic. She'll be stomping more than usual. But this perfectly illustrates the difference between speech and the written word. If I said those exact words to you live and in person I could say them in a way that would leave no doubt how I meant it. I know what you mean about tone. There are times I know exactly what someone is thinking because I've thought the same thing. I love the super snarky and clever comments. Other times I don't have a clue what they're thinking but I like hearing different opinions even if I don't agree.  Hope that answered your question.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, GiveMeSpace said:

Racism is when someone who is wearing a MAGA hat in AZ gets the side eye from a liberal or when Meghan is shopping at a sex store and is called out for being a Republican (which I don't believe for one second-I think it probably went more like she went in the store and announced she was a Republican and then they kindly pointed her to the biblically approved vibrators in the section with the statuettes of white Jesus riding a dinosaur.)

4 hours ago, TheGreenKnight said:

I think she considers it "real" racism when it's so bad that even she can't spin it somehow to be the victim's fault without looking like a complete monster.

I think she means that people of all races are slighted from time to time, but when it happens to a black person it is almost always interpreted as racism even if it is not. And when that happens so frequently it takes away from “real” cases of racism. It’s like the boy her cried wolf. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

During the racism conversation, does anyone have a clue what Whoopi was talking about with this:  " . . . the white woman over there who was not allowed to *hand gesticulations* get her - her thing on *more gesticulations* because she wouldn't - because she was a woman . . . ".  WTF?  She was making elaborate gestures that quite possibly explained what she was saying, but I've never been very good at charades.

I've noticed this a lot with Whoopi lately.  She can't recall names - OK, a lot of us in that age group have occasional lapses. 

But - Whoopi has numerous times when she can't find the word she wants to say, and pontificates about something without it being clear what she's trying to say.   Her "Here's the thing"  is often followed by some rambling about "the guy"  and "the other guy" and someone saying "Hey!" Or "No!" and I can't figure out who it is that said what.  And her whole misunderstanding about the Facebook thing - thinking it was dick pics and social security numbers - was concerning. 

I really do think she has had some decline in her mental functioning the past few years.

It's not simple age.  Madeline Albright talked circles around her last week, and she's a decade or so older than Whoopi.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Richard said:

I'd like to hear Meghan's examples of what she views as fake racism. 

I've asked on Twitter but for some reason I don't think she'll respond. 

An example of fake racism would be a white person calling a black person out on their poor behavior and then having the black person calling the white person a racist. They didn’t have see the same white person calling out other white people for their poor behavior. 

That doesn’t mean that racism doesn’t exist because it most certainly does. It just means that not every instance of a black person being slighted is not racism.

• Love 3

Okay, today with MM was the beginning of the end for me.....I just got a new fancy television, and I was ready to shoot that one up like Elvis without a yummy snack.  She is a fucking bitch that will not shut the hell up. Oh Wednesday baby, oh can't wait for Wednesday bitch, the only thing that is going to be filet'd are  your ugly saggy dried up tits. Okay, I'm better now. Thanks for listening. Bye gals. Cocktail time.......Kissy. ? 

image.png

• Love 6

James Comey:. Graduate of William & Mary and Univ of Chicago law school. US Attorney and director of the FBI under 2 presidents. Long list of important cases, including prosecuting the Gambino crime family.

Meghan McCain:  BA in history from Columbia  (Ok, that surprised me.  I didn't know she went to an Ivy League school.)  Former Foxbot and View "pundit."

Yeah, Comey is scared to death.

• Love 22
8 hours ago, OnTime said:

"We are all going to filet you".

No, Meghan we are all going to filet YOU on this message board.

I'm really looking forward to the comments, They should be hysterical.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, Richard said:

I'd like to hear Meghan's examples of what she views as fake racism. 

I've asked on Twitter but for some reason I don't think she'll respond

Oh, ask her again on Twitter, please, please!! I want her to get annoyed.

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 4

Not sure what MM expected being an Art History major - but, again, not sure what variety of USA flags she has in her home. Certainly wasn't US history or world history or political science to get her where she is today - daddy's little girl. Not sure how her parents cannot try and curb Meghan. Sure doesn't do her dad any favs.

• Love 11

Heads Up!  I just read that Senator McCain had surgery for an infection today, so, tomorrow may be a doozy.  I called my brother during View Your Deal today and missed out.  Now I'm experiencing a bargain void that can't be filled until Friday.  Damn.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Ohboy said:

I think she means that people of all races are slighted from time to time, but when it happens to a black person it is almost always interpreted as racism even if it is not. And when that happens so frequently it takes away from “real” cases of racism. It’s like the boy her cried wolf. 

Are you saying that there are a lot of false claims of racism? If so, can you give an example of one that was discussed on the show so we can stay on topic?

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Ohboy said:

We'll have to agree to disagree there. I think what she would refer to as fake racism is any and all criticism of her "tribe."

• Love 11

Meghan has such a nasty spirit. Not only was she conscending about "real racism"(wtf is that even), but also with her flippant remark to Sunny about knowing the definition of a leak. What is wrong with her?

5 hours ago, Ohboy said:

An example of fake racism would be a white person calling a black person out on their poor behavior and then having the black person calling the white person a racist. They didn’t have see the same white person calling out other white people for their poor behavior. 

That doesn’t mean that racism doesn’t exist because it most certainly does. It just means that not every instance of a black person being slighted is not racism.

latest?cb=20140127190726

You cannot be serious. I have heard it all

• Love 18

What is happening? My DVR did not record monday's show. Then I just checked the on screen guide to make sure it was on record for today and it says in the View slot, "to be announced." Help? Thoughts?

9 hours ago, Bronzedog said:

Heads Up!  I just read that Senator McCain had surgery for an infection today, so, tomorrow may be a doozy.  I called my brother during View Your Deal today and missed out.  Now I'm experiencing a bargain void that can't be filled until Friday.  Damn.

Posted yesterday:

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Jaded said:

Anyone else with U-verse have their DVR not pick up the show at all? Looking at scheduled recordings it doesn't look like it's set to record all week but picks up next Monday. For some reason the new episodes this week aren't being detected as new. Maybe my DVR is trying to protect me from RBM. Ha!

P.S: As I was about to submit this post I looked at the U-verse guide on the TV and it's all screwed up showing shows that are normally an hour as being two. That's why it didn't pick up the show today because Kelly and Ryan that airs before it here is listed as being two hours long. I DVR The Talk too and it's showing The Bold and The Beautiful which airs before it as being two hours long. Might try posting on U-verse's FB page since calling would just connect me to an overseas person who'd have no idea what I was talking about.

YES!!!! I set manual recordings for this week.  Also, Colbert isn't picking up either.  hmmmmm

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Haleth said:

So I wonder if Meghan will even be on the show for the next couple of days if her dad is in the hospital.

Probably. Shes gotta sweep in with her red cape to save us all from the blue table. But dont dare call her tribal or label her.

The "take away from real racism" is a right wing talking point. Its a subtle way to brush off or deny it happens. But its real as is evidenced by the person that took the video and the people who were there that said they did not buy anything but were not bothered by the manager. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to deduct why when the difference was RACE. Starbuck's response is telling as well.

• Love 17
3 hours ago, ari333 said:

What is happening? My DVR did not record monday's show. Then I just checked the on screen guide to make sure it was on record for today and it says in the View slot, "to be announced." Help? Thoughts?

Do you have U-verse by chance?

3 hours ago, Haleth said:

So I wonder if Meghan will even be on the show for the next couple of days if her dad is in the hospital.

I thought it might be safe to watch today. I was wrong. She's there and I have the show on mute. They said something about her father before getting to anything else.

• Love 3

I'm watching the Stormy segment. Stupid RBM made her questions all about her while trying to act all superior and focused in on the name of Stormy's tour. Stormy kinda shut RBM up when she told her that a man in the Carolina's came up with the "Make America Horny Again" name and had even trademarked it. So Stormy tries not to use it when speaking about the tour and promoting it on social media. RBM has really grilled her so far. (Insert eye roll here)

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Megan is just there to attack Stormy, for making her side look bad.  She is a piece of work. 

Exactly. If Stormy and Comey weren’t on the show this week, she probably would have hightailed it back to Arizona days ago. 

I am amused that Meghan and Stormy are wearing the same shade of blue. 

• Love 21

Meghan is doing a vulture like thing with her neck.  She looks like she's preparing to swoop in on her prey.  Except the prey is going to move and she is, once again, going to fall on her face.

• Love 9
(edited)
17 minutes ago, TV Diva Queen said:

I"m new to this page....what's RBM?  something about Meaghan but can't figure it out.  (I'm thinking Righteous Bitch)

I've started calling her Rich Bitch McCain. Righteous Bitch McCain works too though.

Edited by Jaded
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, Alexis2291 said:

Meghan even asks Stormy if she ever thought about what this is doing to Trump's family. She just cannot RESIST bringing herself into this - "I'm from a political family too, and I'd have to be on medication if this happened to me." Gee, thanks for letting us know that useless piece of information. Anyway, Joy reminds Meghan that the list is long; it's not JUST Stormy, who tells Meghan that she's thought about all of this but it's between Trump and his family. They had a consensual sexual encounter and for Meghan to ask Stormy what she may be doing to Trump's family is wrong. It takes two to tango and the responsibility doesn't lie solely on Stormy. Maybe Meghan didn't mean it that way but why even ask the question? The answer: to be a bitch.

Oh give me a fucking break. Melania isn't some innocent ingenue. She's his third wife-one who had a consensual sexual affair with him when he was a married man; and his family? PUHLEASE. All his children are adults, save one.

14 minutes ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Meghan just actually asked if Stormy thinks about how poor Trump and his family is faring through this horrible ordeal. Yes, really. Trump screwed a woman, probably multiple women while Melania was a new mom, cheated on every wife constantly and Meg can reach into the bowels of a subject to ask a question for her tribe to try for some Trump sympathy? She has to try to make Stormy the bad person. Meghan never ceases to amaze what a shit human she is.

Then there's this.

10 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I've started calling her Rich Bitch McCain. Righteous Bitch McCain works too though.

Nope. Rich. Because Righteous makes it sound she's got a point or is on the side of Angels. Which she's not, as she's demonstrated with her hateful and vile behavior and words.

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, Former Nun said:
1 hour ago, whydoiwatchtv said:

Meghan just actually asked if Stormy thinks about how poor Trump and his family is faring through this horrible ordeal.

Does she ever wonder how the FIRST Mrs. McCain fared through her ordeal?  Meghan needs to lay low on this topic (I know "lie low" is correct...but just not right).

Oh! I had forgotten about this! Glass Houses, Meghan!

• Love 16