Type keyword(s) to search

"The View": Week Of 04/16/2018

Jaded
  • Start Topic

Monday: 

Mariska Hargitay (“Law & Order: Special Victims Unit”; “I Am Evidence”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

Tuesday:  

Stormy Daniels sits down with the co-hosts for her first live television interview; Andrew Morton (author, “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess”) 

Wednesday:  

The Political View with former FBI Director James Comey (“A Higher Loyalty”) 

Thursday:

The Political View with Dana Perino (author, “Let Me Tell You About Jasper…: How My Best Friend Became America’s Dog”; “The Daily Briefing with Dana Perino”; “The Five”); Giuliana Rancic.  

Friday:

Amy Schumer and Rory Scovel (“I Feel Pretty”); Diane Sawyer (Special Edition of ABC’s 20/20 “My Reality: A Hidden America”); “View Your Deal” with hottest items at affordable prices 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jaded said:

Andrew Morton (author, “Meghan: A Hollywood Princess”

Did anyone else immediately think, I didn't know anyone had written a Meghan McCain biography?  Ok, so different Meghan.  Guess this Meghan would be a Washington DC princess.

I'm not sure I can handle Meghan screeching at Stormy Daniels and James Comey, and I know I can't handle Dana Perino.  Blech.

• Love 10

Stormy, Giuliana?  I think I'll give this week a miss.  I wouldn't mind seeing James Comey, but they would need people with better interviewing skills than this lot.  AND, I don't want to see MM anywhere near this one.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Haleth said:

Did anyone else immediately think, I didn't know anyone had written a Meghan McCain biography?  Ok, so different Meghan.  Guess this Meghan would be a Washington DC princess.

I'm not sure I can handle Meghan screeching at Stormy Daniels and James Comey, and I know I can't handle Dana Perino.  Blech.

You just know that Elsa will gush about how Dana Perino is one of her best friends.

• Love 9

Keep Meghan on the interviews. He's a big boy, he can handle it. 

ETA: I watch this trash show for the trash moments. And Meghan brings it. This show should honestly just move to Bravo at this point and let them really go hog wild. But, I want Meghan there, she usually always gets called out by people she is trying to pull a gotcha moment on. And it's fun watching her squirm. I'm smiling right with Joy. 

Edited by HoboClayton
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, bannana said:

You just know that Elsa will gush about how Dana Perino is one of her best friends.

Why is it always Republican mouthpieces ?  Can't they find someone from the left to come on?

1 hour ago, HoboClayton said:

Keep Meghan on the interviews. He's a big boy, he can handle it. 

ETA: I watch this trash show for the trash moments. And Meghan brings it. This show should honestly just move to Bravo at this point and let them really go hog wild. But, I want Meghan there, she usually always gets called out by people she is trying to pull a gotcha moment on. And it's fun watching her squirm. I'm smiling right with Joy. 

I agree.  It's fun watching Meghan take aim fire and miss.

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, OnTime said:

Didn't Stormy cancel on them once before?

That was when everyone thought she couldn’t say anything because she was under a non disclosure agreement. Since then, it’s come out that 45 didn’t even sign it, so it’s null and void and now she can talk. As she did on 60 Minutes a couple weeks ago.

• Love 5
On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 12:39 PM, Haleth said:

I'm fine with James Comey being raked over the coals, but I'd rather Sunny get that honor than a twit like McCain.

• Love 15
2 hours ago, CheezyXpressed said:

Thursday and Friday will be rush jobs. They really need to stop booking more than one guest, the amount of ads and commercials just don't allow for a conversation to happen.

Yes, every guest has to spend a minute hugging the hosts, then a short intro, a clip of something or a quick anecdote, a question, an answer (which is interrupted), another question, and the answer is cut off because "we have to go to break."  

Then the same guest will be on an evening talk show that night, where they come across much better because they're not rushed and people seem interested in what they have to say. 

• Love 17

Then interrupted because of the deals of the day or a commercial showing someone or something coming on that was just mentioned. Oh - and 15 welcomes, and endless commercials. Love the fans here but not to watch on videos on the show (sorry, lol).

• Love 8
6 hours ago, backformore said:

Yes, every guest has to spend a minute hugging the hosts, then a short intro, a clip of something or a quick anecdote, a question, an answer (which is interrupted), another question, and the answer is cut off because "we have to go to break."  

Then the same guest will be on an evening talk show that night, where they come across much better because they're not rushed and people seem interested in what they have to say. 

Add in “I’m an admirer of your father, Meghan. What a great man”

• Love 17

Guys. She done it. That Cujo has broken me. I couldn't even watch Albright's interview or Friday's show, even though from comments posted in last week's thread, revealed she did get her ass handed to her twice, at least.

I'm so stressed and I just can't deal with the rabid foaming at the mouth, screeching beast.

And when I'm wrong, I can admit it. Though I found Jedi insufferable, she wasn't hateful, like Meghan is. I'll be in my corner eating crow. And since it seems that guests that appear on this show, also appear on the other late night shows, where they get to speak for at least 10 minutes or so, I'll stick to them.

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, blondiec0332 said:

And Joy insisting to get her jokes in.  And I love Joy but her chastising the audience for clapping before she could give her punchline was childish.

Does the show have someone to cue the audience when to applaud like other shows because that is who I thought Joy was addressing.

13 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Guys. She done it. That Cujo has broken me. I couldn't even watch Albright's interview or Friday's show, even though from comments posted in last week's thread, revealed she did get her ass handed to her twice, at least.

I'm so stressed and I just can't deal with the rabid foaming at the mouth, screeching beast.

And when I'm wrong, I can admit it. Though I found Jedi insufferable, she wasn't hateful, like Meghan is. I'll be in my corner eating crow. And since it seems that guests that appear on this show, also appear on the other late night shows, where they get to speak for at least 10 minutes or so, I'll stick to them.

Some people didn't like Paula or Jed in that seat but I agree MM is hateful.

• Love 13

Who the hell is Meghan to say what's "real" racism? I'm so glad Whoopi shut her down.

17 minutes ago, OnTime said:

"We are all going to filet you".

No, Meghan we are all going to filet YOU on this message board.

I'm glad Whoopi said, "we're not all going to filet you [James Comey], we just have some questions."

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 19

Anyone else with U-verse have their DVR not pick up the show at all? Looking at scheduled recordings it doesn't look like it's set to record all week but picks up next Monday. For some reason the new episodes this week aren't being detected as new. Maybe my DVR is trying to protect me from RBM. Ha!

P.S: As I was about to submit this post I looked at the U-verse guide on the TV and it's all screwed up showing shows that are normally an hour as being two. That's why it didn't pick up the show today because Kelly and Ryan that airs before it here is listed as being two hours long. I DVR The Talk too and it's showing The Bold and The Beautiful which airs before it as being two hours long. Might try posting on U-verse's FB page since calling would just connect me to an overseas person who'd have no idea what I was talking about.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I hope Comey's preparing himself for the grilling he's about to receive. MM is going to show anyone who's ever asked him a question how it should be done.

'Tis sae hard to read tone in emails/message boards. But, are you being facetious?

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, Orillia said:

I hope Comey's preparing himself for the grilling he's about to receive. MM is going to show anyone who's ever asked him a question how it should be done.

Grilling? Is she going to grill first, and then filet, or filet first, then grill? 

I'm sure she'll consult with her husband and come equipped with the "perfect" question which she will read off her blue card through pursed lips, and then roll her eyes at whatever Comey replies.

Then she'll misuse words like hubris, expunge and umbrage to attack him.

Edited by backformore
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, backformore said:

Grilling? Is she going to grill first, and then filet, or filet first, then grill? 

I'm sure she'll consult with her husband and come equipped with the "perfect" question which she will read off her blue card through pursed lips, and then roll her eyes at whatever Comey replies.

And squinting her eyes like a rat, and also "apolitical," "unethical" and how dare you create a Twitter account!

• Love 14

I found it a bit condescending of MM to interpret what "racism" is.  Unless you have been "exposed" to its various shades - from unintentional, to very subtle, to overt - and understand the differences/nuances it is hard to take what MM says seriously.  I'm not saying you have had to experience this various tones but have been around them (either doing them or seeing it happen to others - as some of the patrons of Starbucks did) to recognize them.   As a minority (and a female) I have been on the receiving end of a variety of comments and as Whoopie said there are some things that just make you perk up and wonder, "What was that?"

I don't understand MM's stance on the orange guy.  She has said she doesn't like him but defends everything he says and does.  Even today when discussing Comey's interview from Sunday, she seemed (to me) to defend him. When Sunny said that between the orange guy and Comey, she believes Comey - I was surprised that MM didn't ask Sunny why she believed Comey over the orange guy.  (If she did, I missed it.)  Maybe it's because after 15 months in office the orange guy has lied over 2,000 times!

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, backformore said:

and "weaponized". That is one of her new words too!

Wonder how many times she'll use  "I will say".......

• Love 13

During the racism conversation, does anyone have a clue what Whoopi was talking about with this:  " . . . the white woman over there who was not allowed to *hand gesticulations* get her - her thing on *more gesticulations* because she wouldn't - because she was a woman . . . ".  WTF?  She was making elaborate gestures that quite possibly explained what she was saying, but I've never been very good at charades.

• Love 10

Did anyone catch Meghan looking directly into the camera when she said, "I know what a leak is, trust me" ?

I swear this girl is talking to her friends or something. It's as if she tells her friends, husband, whomever, "hey, watch how I say xyz to [insert co-host]!" It's bizarre. 

Edited by Alexis2291
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, backformore said:

and then she will drink from her mug at the end, when she has been defeated.

1 hour ago, Alexis2291 said:

I'm still chuckling at her moronic comment about how she'll be "filleting" him. I'm sure James Comey, a Marine veteran and former FBI Director, is shaking in his boots.

Does she have "WORDS" for him?? (like she does for Kathy Griffin)

Edited by OnTime
  • Love 14

Why don't these women call out some of the stupid things Meghan says? Complaining about the dossier being unverifiable...I'm pretty sure the reason he talks about the dossier is not about the credibility of it but the unexpected reaction from Trump when the dossier information was revealed and requesting the personal services of the FBI to look into the matter. THAT was the point. Sunny is too polite to remind Meghan that her definition of a leak is by legal standards and that Meghan's definition doesn't fit the criteria. But she got her back with her parting comments on that Comey conversation. Meghan really stumbled there. It's great when the women actually bother to knock her down a peg or two. While it's really unprofessional to announce your intention of wanting to meet a guest so that you can 'filet' them, I think Comey can hold his own against her.  The only person that thinks Meghan is the smartest person in a room is Meghan. 

1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

During the racism conversation, does anyone have a clue what Whoopi was talking about with this:  " . . . the white woman over there who was not allowed to *hand gesticulations* get her - her thing on *more gesticulations* because she wouldn't - because she was a woman . . . ".  WTF?  She was making elaborate gestures that quite possibly explained what she was saying, but I've never been very good at charades.

It wasn't well articulated for sure, lol. I think she was trying to say that we can't move forward and progress as a society and do better if we don't even know what each other goes through - she has a story, her neighbour has a story and even the white woman over there could be someone who had limited opportunity to thrive in life because she's a woman woman and opportunities weren't afforded to her. That's my take on it at least, haha. 

• Love 8