Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

I love Gwyneth as Pepper Potts and think Robert and she have tons of chemistry. I watch Iron Man and Avengers for their scenes together. Doubling down on this UO, I like Gwyneth as an actress in general.

Granted, I haven't seen all of her work and I haven't read all of her interviews and I'm not subscribed to Goop but I think she's fine as an actress and she doesn't bother me as a person. That is, I don't hate her the way other people seem to hate her. For the record, I've really only watched her in Glee, Shakespeare in Love, Emma, and Proof. 

I don't understand celebrity hate.  We don't know these people personally and we most likely never will.  I can and do only judge them on their acting abilities.  They're just people, no better or worse than any other person on the steeet.

• Love 3

I don't understand celebrity hate.  We don't know these people personally and we most likely never will.  I can and do only judge them on their acting abilities.  They're just people, no better or worse than any other person on the steeet.

Oh, no, I totally get celebrity hate. Go on and hate Jenny McCarthy for telling people that vaccines give children autism. I just don't happen to hate Gwyneth Paltrow.

• LOL 1
  • Love 8
(edited)

I'm not really interested enough in her to hate her. I think she's good in the Avengers movies, and I've seen other things I thought she was good in. That said, I tend to think she falls flat in roles where the awesome isn't written into the script, and I've never quite forgiven her for Emma.

Edited by Julia

I'm fussy about voices. I love British actors because no matter what they say their voices are pleasing to my delicate ears. Now I know a lot people like Ben Affleck and he gets a lot of work and attention... but Sweet Felines, that voice. OMG I beg him, please, please, please, do something about it. It so distracts me that I cannot see his movies, so I don't really know if he's a good or bad actor. Hmmmm, maybe because I haven't been watching his movies, he's improved his voice and I didn't know it? As for him playing Batman, fix the voice and maybe I'll find out.

In regards to hating actors/actresses:  I can handle issues worthy of a good eye rolling (like Gwyneth's comments about how hard it is to be a working actress-mother) and even some displays of idiocy (because I know that the paparazzi can push really hard), but when it comes to really scandalous issues or scathing/hateful things that they may have said, I tend to stop enjoying them, even on screen.  It's probably not fair of me, because they are human, but that's how it is.  It's why I stay off of twitter and never read anything on the news about celebrities unless it appears to be a good article.  For example, I know for a fact that Adam Baldwin (someone whose characters I love on Firefly and Chuck) has said some very controversial and ugly things and I have a feeling that I know what it was about, but I don't want to know the specifics because I'm really enjoying his characters. 

Now I know a lot people like Ben Affleck and he gets a lot of work and attention... but Sweet Felines, that voice. OMG I beg him, please, please, please, do something about it. It so distracts me that I cannot see his movies, so I don't really know if he's a good or bad actor. Hmmmm, maybe because I haven't been watching his movies, he's improved his voice and I didn't know it? As for him playing Batman, fix the voice and maybe I'll find out.

Nope--same voice.  But, I like his voice.  The only time it bothered me was with the Boston accent in Good Will Hunting.

I never understood the appeal of Natalie Portman

I thought she was so good in The Professional, that I've really liked her ever since. 

• Love 1

I never understood the appeal of Natalie Portman (whose mouth is always agape) or Keira Knightley (whose jaw is always clenched).

I like Natalie Portman but then I've only seen a handful of her movies (including Where the Heart Is and Black Swan). But I'm with you on Keira Knightley. It makes me crazy that people keep casting her in book adaptations because if there was ever an actress who couldn't adapt her mannerisms to fit a role, it is Keira Knightley. I mean Andrew Garfield was no better in Never Let Me Go but that's not really a commendation. I don't want to watch her Anna Karenina but I'll probably get around to it just for the costumes. Thank God I didn't read Atonement before watching the movie because she probably would have ruined that one too. And her Pride and Prejudice? Please. I don't even like that book and she was still terrible.

i'm the opposite. i really like keira knightley and i LOVED pride and prejudice and thought she was great in it. totally deserved her oscar nomination for that one. that's still one of my favorite movies of the last decade. i don't get why people dislike her actually, i never have. it's not like she makes stupid elitist comments like gwyneth paltrow or anything. she's always seemed friendly and warm in interviews...yeah. i don't get it.

• Love 4

Anyone who doesn't see the appeal of Natalie Portman should watch Garden State, in my opinion. She's great in it, and she exudes so much warmth and charm, as well as vulnerability, that I doubt anyone could not be drawn to her character.

I don't know what the problem is with Ben Affleck's voice, unless it's his tendency to sound shrill when he's yelling about something. That's a trait I associate with him in View Askew movies, but not one I recall from his more recent stuff. But I've always been a Ben Affleck fan, and think he's a pretty sound guy who got some seriously unfair press for a few years. I'm so glad he's had this career resurgence. Just as I'm so glad Kevin Costner has too, as he's another guy who it suddenly became cool to hate and demean.

• Love 2

I'm fussy about voices. I love British actors because no matter what they say their voices are pleasing to my delicate ears. Now I know a lot people like Ben Affleck and he gets a lot of work and attention... but Sweet Felines, that voice. OMG I beg him, please, please, please, do something about it. It so distracts me that I cannot see his movies, so I don't really know if he's a good or bad actor. Hmmmm, maybe because I haven't been watching his movies, he's improved his voice and I didn't know it? As for him playing Batman, fix the voice and maybe I'll find out.

I think British actors are better than American ones and much more professional.

I think Ben Affleck is a good actor.  The only issue I have is that damn mole on his left cheek just under his eye (I think it's the left).  I remember watching him in Argo, and that mole just annoyed the hell out of me.  I couldn't take my eyes off of it.  It's not a big mole, but it's...there.  At first I thought it was just makeup for the movie, but I saw him later and it's real.

In regards to hating actors/actresses:  I can handle issues worthy of a good eye rolling (like Gwyneth's comments about how hard it is to be a working actress-mother) and even some displays of idiocy (because I know that the paparazzi can push really hard), but when it comes to really scandalous issues or scathing/hateful things that they may have said, I tend to stop enjoying them, even on screen.  It's probably not fair of me, because they are human, but that's how it is.  It's why I stay off of twitter and never read anything on the news about celebrities unless it appears to be a good article.  For example, I know for a fact that Adam Baldwin (someone whose characters I love on Firefly and Chuck) has said some very controversial and ugly things and I have a feeling that I know what it was about, but I don't want to know the specifics because I'm really enjoying his characters.

I don't know, I don't do twitter or celebrity media sites because I simply don't care.  Beyond what they bring to the tv screen or big screen, it's irrelevant.

I don't think every movie has to be a masterpiece.  It's ok for a movie to simply be a blockbuster or a comedy or a romance.

I've always preferred Ben Affleck over Matt Damon as an actor.  There's something about Damon that annoys me, and I've never been able to articulate why.  I can't think of a film I've seen where I've liked his character (or at least, thought the character was interesting).  He's not quite in the "visceral reaction" department like Bradley Cooper, but he's close.    

I've always preferred Ben Affleck over Matt Damon as an actor.  There's something about Damon that annoys me, and I've never been able to articulate why.  I can't think of a film I've seen where I've liked his character (or at least, thought the character was interesting).  He's not quite in the "visceral reaction" department like Bradley Cooper, but he's close.    

I used to have this exact feel in regards to Matt Damon, but I've recently warmed up to him. Maybe young Damon was giving off a particular vibe I didn't care for? I dunno. Older Matt is acceptable all of the sudden. The switch happened sometime around that Liberace movie. I also didn't seem to mind him in Elysium. 

I watched American Graffiti a couple of nights ago and I think that not only was it one of the best films of the 1970s it was the best thing George Lucas ever created.  Yes better than Star Wars and Indiana Jones and I love both of those. Graffiti is just solidly entertaining, with a great ensemble cast, some very clever lines and a great soundtrack. It also captures both a time and place (late 50s/early 60s America) and a universal moment (the period just after leaving school and before 'grown up' life begins.)

By the way this isn't pure nostalgia - I'm 32 and not even American.

• Love 1
(edited)

My neighbor asked me to come help her with something, and we came inside to find her visiting granddaughter watching Titanic on television.  My neighbor spots it and says, "I told you we're not watching that damn thing."  The granddaughter says to me, "Can you believe she doesn't like this movie?"  Yes.  Yes, I can.  So I delivered a mini-dissertation on the big ball of wrong that is the storytelling approach, and felt the spirit of this thread at my back.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 3

'm the opposite. i really like keira knightley and i LOVED pride and prejudice and thought she was great in it. totally deserved her oscar nomination for that one. that's still one of my favorite movies of the last decade. i don't get why people dislike her actually, i never have. it's not like she makes stupid elitist comments like gwyneth paltrow or anything. she's always seemed friendly and warm in interviews...yeah. i don't get it.

It seems to be more of an unpopular opinion to like Keira. She gets a lot of hate. She has some limitations as an actress but I like her and I loved her performance in Pride and Prejudice. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Yeah, but unlike with Gwyneth Paltrow, Anne Hathaway, or Tom Cruise for example, I don't get where the hate comes from with her. I can at least understand it with most actors that people "hate," even if I don't personally feel that way. It almost always comes from the way the person seems offscreen though, which is another reason this particular one baffles me- has she said or done awful/annoying things in real life that I just don't know about?

Edited by ruby24

I don't hate Keira Knightley as a person. Though I did just read a Glamour article (I get them for free, we can get into my hatred of Glamour magazine another time) where she didn't come off that great. I dislike her as an actress and I don't think she should be cast in so many book adaptations that call for a very specific physical type and performance when she's one of the least versatile actresses I can think of. You can get into an argument over whether the movies she's in would be made without her involvement. But assuming they have the choice of casting anyone, the fact that they keep casting her irritates me because I feel like there's an alternate universe where I could have enjoyed these movies. She's got that new movie coming out with Mark Ruffalo and Adam Levine. It doesn't look fabulous but I will probably see it because I like movies that involve singing or music. And I will probably not be annoyed by her in the movie as long as she gives at least an average performance (which she's fully capable of doing) because she'll be playing a new character and not failing at playing the movie version of a character who is very well defined in a book but ends up just being Keira Knightley. 

(edited)

I think On Golden Pond is beyond boring and trite. Watched it with my mother when it came out and she thought so too (I was a teen) so it isn't strictly age related. I lost friends in college for hating it.

I don't mind shclubby guys with pretty women if the actors sell it, because it happens in life.

I thought the first Bat Man movie was dark and boring and never bothered with any of the others.

I infinitely prefer the first Star Wars to the others in the trilogy and was so offended by jar jar Binks and so bored by the whole thing I didn't make it through the others (should I try again?)

Chef is the first film in which I thought Scarlett johanssen looked pretty.

Agree about how the extra celebrity info affects you because I'm much more inclined to like her now that she's gone out on a limb for her beliefs.

Oh. And I never, not for one second, found brad Pitt remotely sexy.

Edited by lucindabelle

I infinitely prefer the first Star Wars to the others in the trilogy and was so offended by jar jar Binks and so bored by the whole thing I didn't make it through the others (should I try again?)

The new ones? Only if you're really bored and want to snark. They're hot garbage.

There are fun parts. But if it's not your thing, then no.

• Love 1

The last (first?) three, what little I've been able to sit through, just felt to me like Lucas was trying to Joss everyone's pet mind canon because he was Just That Bitter about all the fannish lack of respect. Which, you know, mazel tov, I'm sorry to interrupt your private time with your movies. I'll just go away and leave you two alone, shall I?

• Love 1

It seems to be more of an unpopular opinion to like Keira. She gets a lot of hate. She has some limitations as an actress but I like her and I loved her performance in Pride and Prejudice. 

And the hate seems kind of random - like, the way she clenches her teeth or something.  I have no problems with her, but it's kind of funny.  But then, I don't have a problem with disliking actresses in general, whether for job-related reasons or otherwise.  Being a woman doesn't compel me to like you any more than dislike you - there has to be something else there.

The cast really makes the original Star Wars trilogy.  I don't think they're any better written than the prequels, but Harrison, Mark, Carrie, Billy, Alec, et al just had great overall chemistry. And good gravy, Harrison was at his finest in those films (I liked the Indiana Jones films, but never saw Harrison as yummy).  The cast of the more modern films just didn't work.   

Oh. And I never, not for one second, found brad Pitt remotely sexy.

Right there with you.  Not in Thelma and Louise, not in Legends of the Fall, not in Troy (though he clearly got in great shape).  Just never did it for me.  

• Love 1

Attack of the Clones is actually pretty good if you cut out all the shit with Anakin/Padme. The stuff with Obi-Wan finding the clones and all of that is like a decent spy movie. But the romance shit is horrible.

Revenge of the Sith is basically when they blow everything up. As far as I'm concerned, you can turn it off the second Obi-Wan walks away from Anakin's burning body. The wrap up to ROTS is shite as far as I'm concerned. But they do have Wookies!

• Love 1

I have never had a problem with Annie Hall winning Best Picture over Star Wars. I love Annie Hall, and will re-watch it any day of the week. I'm so disillusioned with Star Wars, it's not even funny. Hell, I'll even take it a step further: I think Close Encounters of the Third Kind is a better sci-fi film than Star Wars.

Can I join the "Brad Pitt does nothing for me" table? I've decided he's a good actor, but I don't find him attractive. At all. Sorry.

I am a staunch defender of John Carter. It's flawed as hell, but by no means bad. I think it's ambitious, fun, gorgeous to look at, and wonderfully directed by Andrew Stanton. I think its biggest, most unforgivable sin is Taylor "Charismatic Black Hole" Kitsch, who is not, nor ever will be, a leading man. Had history played out differently, I would have cast Chris Hemsworth in the part. Now he could have pulled off John Carter! Too bad he was too busy making that little indie film about some guy with a hammer...

• Love 2

Can I join the "Brad Pitt does nothing for me" table? I've decided he's a good actor, but I don't find him attractive. At all. Sorry.

Let me join you. I can accept that Brad Pitt is aesthetically pleasing (when he's not sporting that wispy beard he seems to love so damn much) but I've never found him attractive in a remotely sexual manner. For that matter, I would not switch sides for Angelina Jolie so in a lot of ways, their hooking up is sort of perfect storm of Dande Doesn't Think They're All That But Everyone Else Seems To.

I am a staunch defender of John Carter. It's flawed as hell, but by no means bad. I think it's ambitious, fun, gorgeous to look at, and wonderfully directed by Andrew Stanton. I think its biggest, most unforgivable sin is Taylor "Charismatic Black Hole" Kitsch, who is not, nor ever will be, a leading man. Had history played out differently, I would have cast Chris Hemsworth in the part. Now he could have pulled off John Carter! Too bad he was too busy making that little indie film about some guy with a hammer...

I enjoyed John Carter. I even enjoyed Taylor Kitsch in a completely shallow manner but, you're right, he doesn't have the charisma to carry off a movie like that. Now that you've suggested Chris Hemsworth in that role... dammit! Such an opportunity lost! But I'd still rather Hemsworth remain Thor,

• Love 1

Let me join you. I can accept that Brad Pitt is aesthetically pleasing (when he's not sporting that wispy beard he seems to love so damn much) but I've never found him attractive in a remotely sexual manner. For that matter, I would not switch sides for Angelina Jolie so in a lot of ways, their hooking up is sort of perfect storm of Dande Doesn't Think They're All That But Everyone Else Seems To.

I have found my people. I may have mentioned this already but I have an irrational hatred of Angelina Jolie and I don't think she's that great of an actress. I'm open to being proven wrong. I just don't think I will be.

• Love 3

Our table is getting full! Whee!

I love he original Star Wars and while I agree about the actors I also think it's a more satisfying story, a proper arc, with great WWII tropes too... And we hadn't had a Fairytale fun movie in so long. In 1977 it was mostly dog day afternoon wannabes... Pink panther yes... But nothing like the captain blood stuff Lucas was inspired by.

I mean "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away ." It was once upon a time!it was uncynical! It was fab.

I remember seeing the commercial for the swing across the chasm and being floored. Her hairstyle was just like the woman on the front of my book "the treasure is the rose." So many great characters introduced in such a short time.

And the score! The final walk up to the medal ceremony,, how the melody changed and then with a whoosh it ended and the credits rolled. Just thinking abiut it gives me chills, people cheered!

I didn't see it until the end of the summer because I was away at camp. Everyone else had already seen it so I was a hard sell. I cheered when he hit the Death Star! And again at the end!

It ws before you could own it so my best friend and I snuck a tape recorder in and recorded it on the 7th or 8th time.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3lr55_star-wars-iv-a-new-hope-throne-room_shortfilms

I hope this embeds the video. Sorry to go off the UO thing but had to step up for this.

• Love 3
(edited)

I have found my people. I may have mentioned this already but I have an irrational hatred of Angelina Jolie and I don't think she's that great of an actress. I'm open to being proven wrong. I just don't think I will be.

I agree with you 110%. I also think she's got one of the worst filmographies of a major movie star, ever. I mean, seriously, her movies are always so bad, which to me indicates that she's never been all that passionate or interested in acting- it's just something she did because she was born into wealth and privilege due to her father's connections. Most people try to make good movies unless it's just for a paycheck, and we all know she doesn't need the money.

Edited by ruby24
  • Love 2

I thought she was good in Girl Interrupted and Gia. I haven't been impressed with her since.

• Love 1

I actually much preferred Angelina's movies before she got together with Brad Pitt - back then, she was taking more roles where she was either a little unhinged, or more unique and I thought that fit her personality well. I'm guessing once she turned to more philanthropic endeavors, she changed what roles she took and her public persona to be more in line with her message, but I liked "wild, admitting she had sex in the limo with Billy Bob on the way to the premiere" Angelina to now.

Spider-Man UO: even with Kristen Dunst, I much prefer the Sam Raimi Spider-Man movies. And I much prefer Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man; Andrew Garfield as Spider-man doesn't do much for me.

• Love 1
(edited)

I thought she was good in Girl Interrupted and Gia. I haven't been impressed with her since.

She was good in those two. She was fun in Hackers, which is kind of a trashy movie anyway. And she was a lot of fun in Mr & Mrs Smith. But even though I do like her, I can't think of many other movies of hers that I've enjoyed and/or wanted to watch.

But I could say that about a lot of leading actresses, to be honest. A lot of them make crappy movies that I wouldn't want to waste my time with.

Attack of the Clones is actually pretty good if you cut out all the shit with Anakin/Padme. The stuff with Obi-Wan finding the clones and all of that is like a decent spy movie. But the romance shit is horrible.

I'd have to disagree there, simply because I feel that the writing, directing and acting is so uniformly dreadful across the entire movie, that I find it impossible to watch it without shaking my head. Perhaps there is a core idea in there that could have made a good movie, if it made sense and was built logically, and had someone who truly wanted to make a movie in charge. But without any of that....

Edited by Danny Franks

I went to Maleficent because my 12 year old wanted to see it and expected to be bored to death to point of probably falling asleep, but it turned out to be better than expected.  I honestly haven't seen a lot of her films--there's just something about her that I like.  Like I said a few posts back, I get a very sincere vibe from her and Brad.

Speaking of whom, I'm one of many who started drooling during Thelma and Louise and haven't stopped* (watched WWZ last night for the 3rd time--maybe my enjoyment of that movie is an unpopular opinion?--and my only complaint about him was his hair.  Aside from that?  *sigh*). I almost think he's getting a little better with age. 

*I do have to say, however, how freakin' funny it was when I was watching Legends of the Fall in the theater and, I kid you not, when he first showed up on screen, jumping off the horse and taking off his hat, there was a loud, audible sigh from the audience.  I laughed out loud. 

• Love 3

I have a deep and powerful hatred of Legends of the Fall for two reasons:

1. As I've said previously, I don't think Brad Pitt is all that so his character is not the specialist of all the special snowflakes to me. In fact, I rather think Tristan is a douche.

2. And here's the main one, I cannot accept any movie where I'm expected to believe a woman would rather kill herself than be married to the hotness that is Aiden Quinn. I spent a significant portion of that movie going Bitch, are you blind?! when she'd send these looks his way like 'God, I have to deal with this piece of shit?' I couldn't wait for that movie to be over.

Another unpopular opinion... I cannot stand Julia Roberts and have felt that way from jump. Ugh. I hate that she's in the Ocean's movies and I'm expected to believe the 'This is the best part of my day' bullshit. I laughed with delight when her character died in Steel Magnolias (the rest of the girls in my dorm with whom I went to see the movie were appalled at me) It's entirely possible that I did a fist-pump and said "Yes!" when she bit it. Our student union played so many Julia Roberts movies that I got dragged to that when La Femme Nikita came, I said everyone owed me for having to sit through repeated Julia Roberts drivel and we were going to see a god damn French film.

Good thing for me that it was also awesome so they didn't resent me too much.

• Love 4
(edited)
2. And here's the main one, I cannot accept any movie where I'm expected to believe a woman would rather kill herself than be married to the hotness that is Aiden Quinn. I spent a significant portion of that movie going Bitch, are you blind?! when she'd send these looks his way like 'God, I have to deal with this piece of shit?' I couldn't wait for that movie to be over.

Yes, I was all about Aidan Quinn.  I guess you love who you love, but look, if you gotta be married, Aidan Quinn is nowhere near the bottom of the barrel.  Susannah was a fool.  

Edited by ribboninthesky1
  • Love 3
Yes, I was all about Aidan Quinn.  I guess you love who you love, but look, if you gotta be married, Aidan Quinn is nowhere near the bottom of the barrel.  Susannah was a fool.

Count me in. I'll take Aidan Quinn over Brad Pitt any day of the week, and twice on Sunday. Those blue eyes are just too much!

• Love 4

I'm enjoying the Legend of the Fall comments.  Here's what I wrote about it in the "How movies could've been better" thread:

In Legends of the Fall, I hated Susannah.  Every thing about her and no matter which brother she was with.  The fact that she moved on to Tristan (in my eyes, it looked like she moved on before Samuel died), then waited forever, only to move onto Alfred (and why the hell he wanted her is beyond me), drove me crazy.  I know her part was instrumental to the story, but maybe they could've shortened it or something.  Something, anything.... I much preferred Isabelle II (in spite of the stupid nickname). And was that actress stunning or what?

I laughed with delight when her character died in Steel Magnolias (the rest of the girls in my dorm with whom I went to see the movie were appalled at me)

I can't really be appalled at that since when Susannah killed herself in Legends.., I said "Finally!" 

I can almost forgive Tristan because of the PTSD (which had to have been amplified by the fact that he was supposed to take care of his brother and not only couldn't do anything to stop his death, but witnessed it as well), then the drug addiction, but I'd have totally been on her side if she'd dumped him and left the house for good. I repeat:  Why Alfred wanted her is beyond me. 

(edited)

It's been a very long time since I've seen the movie, but I assumed that, living in the remote country, there probably weren't a lot of single women to court and marry.  So you have Susannah, a pretty, "available" woman, and I can see why Alfred fell in love with and married her.   Or, you know, plot device. Whichever.

Then again, there was Karina Lombard's character.  I don't remember how Tristan met her, but if my memory serves, she might have lived a lot longer if she married stable Alfred over wild and tortured Tristan. Oh, what might have been.

Edited by ribboninthesky1
(edited)

Karina Lombard's character was Isabelle II.  She was the daughter of the married couple that worked for and lived with them.  She was much younger than Tristan and, as Alfred put it, practically their sister.  I'm not sure whose death you are talking about, but Isabelle's death was both Tristan's fault (for alcohol smuggling) and Alfred's men for getting trigger happy in the presence of women and children.  I don't think Tristan was tortured at the time of their marriage--I think he was truly happy and at peace.

The Susannah thing had to be all plot device because she could've gone back with the boys' mother.  I'm sure she knew people to whom she could've introduced Susannah.  What I've always tried to figure out when watching the movie (because, something about it drags me in every time ::coughbradpittcough::) is just how long Tristan was gone.

Edited by Shannon L.

I was talking about Isabelle II's death, as all I remembered was that it's accidental due to something related to Tristan.  Thanks for filling in the details.  I originally brought her up as I was thinking about what marriage options someone like Alfred would have - which is why I compared him to Tristan.  But yeah, I guess marrying Susannah is basically plot device, heh.

Of the two new Superman movies I preferred Brandon Routh's Superman/Clark Kent. I think he just suffered from a movie with a bad premise.

I prefer to rewatch The Dark Knight Rises and Return of the Jedi over Dark Knight and Empire Strikes Back. I guess I just like endings. Not fan of open ending. Also I like the Ewoks.

Dislike Burton's second Batman movie more than any other of that generation Batman movies. Yes even more than Clooney's.

People who don't find Brad Pitt to be all that and dislike both Angelina Jolie and Julia Roberts?!?!?!?  I'm home!!  

Julia Roberts winning an Oscar was a travesty and her smug, self-satisfied acceptance speech rubbed me all the wrong way.  I saw her on "Inside the Actor's Studio" and she was one of the worst interviewees ever.  She had absolutely nothing of substance to share, and if I were a acting student and were required to attend that class as part of my grade, I would have demanded some tuition money back.

I have only stumbled across a couple of Angelina's movies and I can't.  I just can't.

I can objectively say that Brad Pitt can be attractive in the right circumstances, but he certainly doesn't make my heart beat faster.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

Will Smith is the King of the Forgettable Blockbuster.  Independence Day and Men in Black are memorable.  Then after that, what else?  He's made a lot of movies that have been big hits but that audiences tend to forget about after their initial runs at the box office.  One critic said it best...if you got three Will Smith movies for Christmas, chances are that you would return them the next day.

Smith is a good actor and has been a legitimate box office performer but he has also put forth one of the most forgettable bodies of work for a major star.

• Love 1