Type keyword(s) to search

Unpopular Opinions

• Start Topic

(edited)

I enjoyed Frozen, but I also thought Tangled was a better movie--editing, character, story, music and lyrics--just a better movie. Let it Go just makes me grind my teeth with the flurries and the fractals. Because, I GET IT. You're so effing clever. Ugh.

I just saw this recently and I was disappointed. Tangled is way better. From the story to the love story to the songs - Tangled is superior. I was most confused as to why exactly Kristoff and Anna were in love. And actually it is rather a joke that she knew her "true love" there for just about a day. Just like the bad guy she wanted to marry before.  But I couldn't see any love there, just two people who met. It isn't love if you don't want someone to die. That is called being human.  For a moment I thought Hans was going to turn out to be Elsa's love, but am kind of happy they didn't go there. Anna was a horrible bossy brat. It scares me how hype can really take on a life of its own.

Edited by BooBear
  • Love 1

I think Kristoff and Anna like each other. I don't think you're supposed to believe they're in love. At the end of the movie I think it's more like "and now they'll start dating" vs. "they're going to get married tomorrow." It was one of the things I appreciated about the movie. It's still an unpopular opinion because Tangled also made a lot of money but I don't like that movie. I can't stand Mandy Moore's speaking or singing voice, Zachary Levi should have sung more, the movie is too focused on trying to appeal to guys, and there's all this time wasted with unnecessary plot diversions. Vikings? Why? It also skews very young which is fine but I think adults can appreciate most other Disney animated movies and I don't Tangled is one of them. 

• Love 1

I've not seen Frozen, but I didn't think Tangled was that good. Not as funny as plenty of other animated movies of the last few years, and I definitely agree that it was aimed almost solely at the youngest end of the market, rather than having a bit of spice to entertain older viewers. Wreck It Ralph, Megamind and How To Train Your Dragon all immediately leap out as being much more fun.

I just saw this recently and I was disappointed. Tangled is way better. From the story to the love story to the songs - Tangled is superior. I was most confused as to why exactly Kristoff and Anna were in love. And actually it is rather a joke that she knew her "true love" there for just about a day. Just like the bad guy she wanted to marry before.  But I couldn't see any love there, just two people who met. It isn't love if you don't want someone to die. That is called being human.  For a moment I thought Hans was going to turn out to be Elsa's love, but am kind of happy they didn't go there. Anna was a horrible bossy brat. It scares me how hype can really take on a life of its own.

I just saw Frozen last night, & I was a little confused about Kristoff & Anna too. I didn't get that they loved each other, I thought Kristoff was firmly in the friendzone.

I just saw Frozen last night, & I was a little confused about Kristoff & Anna too. I didn't get that they loved each other, I thought Kristoff was firmly in the friendzone.

Well then why was he running to her at the end (presumably to kiss her as her true love). At that point it did seem like he got friendzoned but before that it seemed like they were implying that he loved her. It confused me.

(edited)

I thought Flushed Away was wonderful, and I think it must have had the worst advertising campaign in history, because I know barely anyone who bothered to see it despite Hugh Jackman, Kate Winslet, Ian McKellen, Bill Nighy, a ton of great supporting players, an awesome greek chorus of slugs, and Aardman (Wallace and Grommit) by way of DreamWorks.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

Well then why was he running to her at the end (presumably to kiss her as her true love). At that point it did seem like he got friendzoned but before that it seemed like they were implying that he loved her. It confused me.

I found it clear but then I watch a lot of romances. I think it definitely a dating thing. There were moments (only saw the movie once so it's hard to make references months later) where they both showed signs of being attracted to each other and they definitely seem to be into each other at the end but not in love. I think he was running to her assuming that he could kiss her as her true love but by the movie avoiding that conclusion we don't get confirmation on whether he loved her enough for that to work, it was just something that he thought would work. It's a bit of wrong genre savvy. Charming peasant realizes that the prince is evil and so he thinks it's his chance to save the girl only to realize we're in a feminist adaptation and neither guy gets to "save" and then "win" the girl.

• Love 1

Also I don't get what people find fascinating about A Christmas Story. We watched it once on video years ago and thought it was the stupidest thing ever.

I love 'A Christmas Story'!

Part of it is that I watched some of it being filmed in downtown Cleveland.

But mostly because of Darrin McGavin. I will watch anything the man didm

• Love 5

Tom Cruise in Born on the Forth of July. In some scenes his eyes just loll around unfocused, like he's blind or something. I had the same problem with Claire Danes in Little Women, her eyes get crazy, sometimes. What are they thinking?

Re; Titanic. Although I love the movie, it does borrow heavily from A Night to Remember.

When I watch it there seem to be many more thousands of extras on board than the 2200 or so of actual passengers. More like 5-10 thousand. Does anyone else notice this?

Another unpopular opinion... I cannot stand Julia Roberts and have felt that way from jump. Ugh. I hate that she's in the Ocean's movies and I'm expected to believe the 'This is the best part of my day' bullshit. I laughed with delight when her character died in Steel Magnolias (the rest of the girls in my dorm with whom I went to see the movie were appalled at me) It's entirely possible that I did a fist-pump and said "Yes!" when she bit it.

Now I'll no longer feel a bit guilty for being relieved when Sean Young's character was pushed over the stairway landing by Gene Hackman in No Way Out.  It finally ended her character's nonstop, very loud yakking that I found so irritating.  When she landed with a thud, and there was finally a blissful silence, I thought to myself, "Thank God!"   So glad I found this thread--so many unpopular opinions expressed here that I share (especially delighted to learn I'm not the only person sick of the constant, never ending adoration of Marilyn Monroe:>)

I hate Will Ferrel.  And Seth Rogen.   And Adam Sandler.   And all the assholes foisted upon us as the modern practitioners of what used to be known as comedy.    Most of all I hate Seth Macfarlane.   I hate that comedy today is crude sex jokes, fart jokes, misogyny, and all just so fucking ugly.   Artless humor for brainless audiences. 

• Love 15
(edited)

Omg yes to Rent. I saw a revival of it not that long ago and all I thought was where is the sequel called Mortgage?

The idea that were supposed to feel something for these "rebels" most of whom have lovely suburban parents who worry about them and want them to come home makes no sense. I mean there are scenes he here they basically make fun of voice mails left by parents.

In La Boheme, believe me, Mimi does not have parents in the equivalent of Long Island who could support her. The bohemians there are not just posing. Their art is all they have.

It's a young piece by and for young people. When they got up and danced on the table and spouted all their NYu learning even citing. Vaclav Havel I just thought oh shut up, you know nothing about dissidents and the iron curtain, Havel and his cronies only WISH they could have had it so good. I mean Havel could not even GO to college b ecause his family were considered not Marxist enough and his family's palaces were taken away and he he worked as a brewers assistant and a street sweeper,

So shut up Rent brats, shut up,

Edited by lucindabelle
  • Love 7

An unpopular opinion about a specific movie:  I really LIKE Star Trek Generations, the 8th film in the series.   I think the theme of Captain Picard confronted by his own mortality, and the life he has sacrificed for his career, precipitated by news that beloved family members have died in a fire, was quite powerful, especially in the hands of Patrick Stewart.   The scene in his ready room, with Counselor Troi, was very moving.    I still mist up when I hear him talking about how his young dead nephew will never read books, or listen to music ...  I think all that got lost in light of subsequent events in the movie.

• Love 3

I hate Will Ferrel.  And Seth Rogen.   And Adam Sandler.   And all the assholes foisted upon us as the modern practitioners of what used to be known as comedy.    Most of all I hate Seth Macfarlane.   I hate that comedy today is crude sex jokes, fart jokes, misogyny, and all just so fucking ugly.   Artless humor for brainless audiences.

Opposite tack. I'm a feminist and I had no problem with the "We Saw Your Boobs" song at the Oscars. Not sure why we were all supposed to be so offended. Also, I thought MacFarlane did a pretty good job hosting with the caveat that most people are godawful. Honestly, I'm not sure why I bother to watch most of these awards ceremonies (that are not the Tony's) since I'm mainly interested in the fashion. Another unpopular opinion? Amy Poehler and Tina Fey are completely mediocre as awards show hosts. 

lucindabelle, I definitely get what you're saying. The movie came out in 2005 (I hadn't bothered to really get into Rent before then) and even though I was a teenager (though maybe too young to get caught up in the rebellion) I did think, Benny kind of has a point. Why do we hate Benny so much? I would hope there was a certain level of self-awareness to Rent. And of course all the characters are not in the same place. There's Mark and Maureen but there's also Mimi and Angel. (Does Mimi have parents who could support her in the musical?) And Tom and Joanne in this weird underdeveloped space. I had a choir teacher who hated the music (possibly from the repetition. He was also not a big fan of Les Miz) but I think that's the real selling point of the show beyond the story. At least, it is for me.

• Love 2

I like Will Ferrel in other people's movies. I think he's hilarious in Zoolander, Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back and a couple of others. But in his own movies? Not so much. Anchorman is funny, even if the plot just tapers out into nothing, but the rest of his stuff seems to just be an exercise in how much fun he and his pals can have on set. That doesn't necessarily translate into fun for the audience.

I agree with you on the others, though. I don't get the appeal of Seth Rogen at all (nor Jason Segal, who I find very similar to Rogen), I've always hated Adam Sandler and his bizarre, mush-mouthed way of speaking, and I cannot stand seeing Seth MacFarlane's smug face as he trots off yet another unfunny joke that makes me shake my head at the mediocrity that can achieve success in Hollywood. I can take being offended if I'm also being amused, but these guys do not amuse me.

I have just now realized that of all of Adam Sandler's movies, I've only watched The Wedding Singer, 50 First Dates, and Little Nicky (I blame morbid curiosity and whatever channel was playing it at some ridiculous hour at night/in the morning when I couldn't sleep). I've seen bits of Click, You Don't Mess With the Zohan, Big Daddy, and Billy Madison on TV but probably no more than 30 minutes. This probably explains why I don't virulently hate Adam Sandler. I've heard of his movies more than I've actually watched them. Oh, and I have a crazy amount of goodwill for Drew Barrymore. Doesn't mean I'm watching Blended, though. 

I find MacFarlane mediocre and generally unfunny but not offensive. Of course, this may be because I only watched him host the Oscars and seen a few of his interviews and musical performances while only watching maybe 5 full episodes of Family Guy. It's totally possible that I managed to catch the five least offensive episodes. But yeah, I just find it to be mediocre recycling of the same old family sitcom tropes with some random non sequiturs as opposed to something I should be up in arms about.

I've only seen Seth Rogen in For A Good Time Call..., The Mindy Project, Burning Love, and The Guilt Trip (I was on a plane, don't judge me) so I don't have too much of an opinion on him. Maybe I'd have a negative opinion if I saw one of his more popular movies but I just find him kind of bland and forgettable at the moment.

I think you can see a pattern here. I'm good about avoiding most things I probably won't enjoy and thus not inspiring depression or rage in myself.

I've learned to like Seth Rogen okay, but Jonah Hill's appeal will always elude me. Plus, he has two Oscar nominations, and Michael Fassbender has one. The hell, I say.

I didn't like the much-loved The Quiet Man, because it had incredibly warped values regarding violence, principles, and individuality. If you want to see a great-looking movie with similar themes and with its head screwed on straight, I recommend The Big Country. Our hero sticks to his principles, lets no one bully him into changing his mind, and knows how to treat the women in his life. 

Ella Enchanted wasn't that bad. It's goofy and cheesy, but not awful. Though I object to the villain's snake sidekick being named "Heston". What are you trying to say, movie?

I thought Midge was a million times more appealing than Madeleine in Vertigo. Plus, I never found Kim Novak attractive or even that interesting (I was rooting for Rita Hayworth in Pal Joey).

(edited)

Opposite tack. I'm a feminist and I had no problem with the "We Saw Your Boobs" song at the Oscars. Not sure why we were all supposed to be so offended.

I thought it was a little unfortunate that they wasted a fair sized chunk of the Oscar™ show singing about actresses who bared their breasts ten or twenty years ago. It seems like in return for getting paid to have the biggest audience in the world Seth McFarland could have made an attempt to write vaguely timely adolescent offense humor. It wasn't just stupid and offensive, it was really lazy and self-indulgent. JMO, of course.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I thought Midge was a million times more appealing than Madeleine in Vertigo.

I love Hitchcock and I loathe Vertigo.  I wanted to take a flying leap off the bell tower just so it would end.

• Love 1

I thought the "We Saw Your Boobs" number was clever in that it was presented as a "what might have been" number and that McFarland didn't do it at the "actual" ceremony. 

Which reminds me of another UO: I'm indifferent or hostile to all the primetime cartoon shows. I watched The Simpsons faithfully for the first couple of seasons but caught only the occasional episode thereafter. I think I've seen exactly two South Park episodes in their entirety. I've never seen a whole Family Guy episode. That nasty Baby Stewie hating his mom...I just can't.

Ella Enchanted wasn't that bad. It's goofy and cheesy, but not awful. Though I object to the villain's snake sidekick being named "Heston". What are you trying to say, movie?

Nope. That book was a big part of my childhood and they just shit all over it. And this was back when I didn't find Anne Hathaway annoying. Why would you do that to me, Cary Elwes? It was not as I wished. Not at all. :(

It wasn't just stupid and offensive, it was really lazy and self-indulgent. JMO, of course.

I guess I felt like it was making some comment on something. Maybe dudes in the audience who, regardless of the movie, are focused on how attractive an actress is and whether she gets partially or fully naked in a film. I can say as someone who followed spill.com for years, yeah, some guys are like that. Not all guys but definitely some. And you know all the old stories about pausing the VHS and whatnot. Maybe it was saying something about the male gaze and that voyeuristic eye that feels entitled to look upon a female body. Maybe it was commenting on the way female nudity is exploited or the way actresses choose to exploit their own nudity often for notoriety for prestige pics or commendation come awards time. Maybe it was none of these things. There was just something about it that made me want to give it more credit than I think it was getting. I don't think it took the extra leap to articulate anything but I felt like it wanted to. And there was something about pulling in the Gay Men's Chorus at the end.

It wasn't that bad and it was just a silly family movie. I remember it most for the excellent cinematography on it; I listened to the DVD commentary and everyone mentioned it. This was the time I liked Anne Hathaway. She seemed genuine when she talked about the film and a hard worker. This was just as she was transitioning out of these family movies. I've become more indifferent to her. It's sad Hugh Dancy isn't more of a star. I need to watch Hannibal still.

(edited)

Well, if his puerile jokes at the Oscars were Seth MacFarlane's attempt at post-modern commentary skewering his own career, he chose a really tone-deaf time and place for it.

That said, if he's going to try to salvage his reputation by spending millions of dollars on Cosmos and Reading Rainbow I can't argue with it, especially since I imagine that kind of PC must annoy his fanbase.

Edited by Julia

Amen!  And let me add the dynamic duo of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to my list of current unfunny celebs whose popularity (for some reason) keeps growing. Their mean-spirited, snarky attempts at humor complete with smirk-filled deliveries just aggravates the hell outta me.  These two self-absorbed jerks ruined the tribute to Carol Burnett at the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain awards (poor Carol kept a grim smile on her face throughout each of their pathetic attempts to be funny).  Back to Will Ferrell.  I loved the guy when he was on SNL.  And Adam Sandler as well (and Eddie Murphy). But once they left SNL?  IMO they proved that their humor works great in skits but eventually stretches too thin in a full length movie.

• Love 1

Amen!  And let me add the dynamic duo of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler to my list of current unfunny celebs whose popularity (for some reason) keeps growing. Their mean-spirited, snarky attempts at humor complete with smirk-filled deliveries just aggravates the hell outta me.  These two self-absorbed jerks ruined the tribute to Carol Burnett at the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain awards (poor Carol kept a grim smile on her face throughout each of their pathetic attempts to be funny).  Back to Will Ferrell.  I loved the guy when he was on SNL.  And Adam Sandler as well (and Eddie Murphy). But once they left SNL?  IMO they proved that their humor works great in skits but eventually stretches too thin in a full length movie.

I FLOVE this thread. Yes to all of the above. The thing is, I don't hate or even dislike Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, but I don't find them as funny as so many other people do. I was so disappointed in Baby Mama, I probably laughed a couple of times (and it was at jokes I already knew from the trailers), but the hype completely escaped me.

Will Ferrell as Alex Trebek was probably top 20 characters on Saturday Night Live for me and it also makes me think maybe he should play the straight man more often, he's fantastic at it. I do like Talladega Nights, but my problem is that the "overgrown man-child" character that Ferrell (and Seth Rogen and Adam Sandler) seem to always play wear very thin with me.

I gave up on Family Guy when one episode was Peter just singing Surfin' Bird for most of his dialogue during the entire thing. I felt that was really lazy, like they barely had a plot, Peter would just egg somebody on to give him a cue to sing it. I will say that Seth MacFarlane has a gorgeous singing voice, it's so unfair.

It wasn't that bad and it was just a silly family movie.

Athena, we agree on a lot of things but I'm not going to concede on this one. I like the Princess Diaries. It is a silly princess family/rom-com. I like the Princess Diaries 2. Sure, it's not great but it has Callum Blue (though admittedly this was before he had the goodwill of Dead Like Me and he wasn't given much to do in the movie) and Chris Pine doing his best arrogant rogue rom-com leading man. But read Ella Enchanted and you will see all the potential they just flushed down the drain... for what? Stupid gags. "Celebrity" cameos and vanity? Unnecessary plot changes for... reasons? Hate. The one redeeming point was hearing Anne Hathaway's pretty soprano for the first time singing Somebody to Love. Though I'm guessing even that offended Queen fans. 

The thing is, I don't hate or even dislike Tina Fey and Amy Poehler, but I don't find them as funny as so many other people do. I was so disappointed in Baby Mama, I probably laughed a couple of times (and it was at jokes I already knew from the trailers), but the hype completely escaped me.

I still haven't gotten around to watching 30 Rock or Parks & Rec though so many people I know keep telling me I'm going to "flove" it. I liked Tina when she was doing Weekend Update and I always found Amy to be a mediocre anchor on WU so that's really where I stand aside from the awards shows. I love Mean Girls but I've never really wanted to see anything where Tina was the star (let's be real, Amy is not getting that many star projects). Baby Mama, Date Night, Admission, Muppets Most Wanted? Eh, not really for me. I'm not sure if the numbers for those movies make her a real box office draw as I'm not sure what to compare the numbers for those comedies to but she's certainly not consistent at getting people into theaters. So maybe it's not such an unpopular opinion.

• Love 1
(edited)

I love Hitchcock and I loathe Vertigo.  I wanted to take a flying leap off the bell tower just so it would end.

May I sit at your table, @bosawks?

I adore Hitchcock - Rear Window, anyone? - and I don't think I've ever even made it all the way through Vertigo.  I've tried several times, but I just don't like it.

Edited by Mrs. P.
I adore Hitchcock - Rear Window, anyone? - and I don't think I've ever even made it all the way through Vertigo.  I've tried several times, but I just don't like it.

@Mrs. P:  You haven't missed much...Vertigo truly was a draaaaag (other than the opportunity to see the way San Francisco looked back in the 50's).  Rear Window is a movie I can happily watch whenever I see it's on TV.  The gorgeous (and beautifully dressed) Grace Kelly, so elegant.  The suspense (especially w/ James Stewart in a wheelchair). The voyeurism (looking in one's neighbors' windows ;>)

• Love 2

While I thought the "boobs" song by Seth MacFarlane  was stupid, I didn't really find it offensive, except for his inclusion of Jodi Foster. The nude scene was depicting a horrible gang rape and it was based on a true story (not that it would've been ok if it was complete fiction).  I think there might have been another actress that he included from a rape scene as well.  That, imo, was incredibly tacky. 

• Love 1

Yeah, that was the part that made me cringe a little bit. I wonder if they even thought of that when looking for those clips, or was it just, yeah, we're looking for nudity, doesn't matter if it's from a rape scene or anything.

Another unpopular opinion... I cannot stand Julia Roberts and have felt that way from jump. Ugh. I hate that she's in the Ocean's movies and I'm expected to believe the 'This is the best part of my day' bullshit.

OMG yes!  Every single time I watch Ocean's Eleven, I roll my eyes back into my head in that scene. Matt Damon is talking about how it's the best part of his day, and I would *expect* to see this elegant, graceful, ethereal woman come gliding by. Instead I see Julia Roberts clonking down the stairs and walking past like she's got a wedgie she's trying to walk out.  So awkward.  I just didn't buy it.  Every time I watch it I think Charlize Theron should have been cast in that role. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

OMG yes!  Every single time I watch Ocean's Eleven, I roll my eyes back into my head in that scene. Matt Damon is talking about how it's the best part of his day, and I would *expect* to see this elegant, graceful, ethereal woman come gliding by. Instead I see Julia Roberts clonking down the stairs and walking past like she's got a wedgie she's trying to walk out.  So awkward.  I just didn't buy it.  Every time I watch it I think Charlize Theron should have been cast in that role.

I like Julia Roberts, but she did not work for me in this movie at all.  I didn't buy it either.  Charlize Theron would've been great. 

(edited)

May I sit at your table, @bosawks?

Same here. I couldn't figure out the make-up i that movie. JS had such a weird heavy eye make-up on. 

Blair Witch Project and Paranormal Activity. i thought they were going to be so good, but-YAWN. 

Steel Magnolias; Dolly Parton says "I haven't left the house without Lycra on these thighs since I was fourteen"

Lycra hadn't been invented yet when you were fourteen, they just had rubber. 

Edited by xls
Like Water for Chocolate - I really hated this movie. So incredibly dumb. My eyes roll just thinking about it. Definitely an UO with my friends when we saw it in the theater

And the point of the scene was to talk smack about the new Mayor's wife and, with Southerners especially, exaggeration is it's own life form so she was probably stretching the truth to establish herself as the classier one.

• Love 1

I love 'A Christmas Story'!

Part of it is that I watched some of it being filmed in downtown Cleveland.

But mostly because of Darrin McGavin. I will watch anything the man didm

I have my mini "Leg Lamp" night light (complete with fringe) on right now!

I will join the chorus of Adam Sandler haters. Every time I see his face on TV (which is the only place I see any of his movies), I want to punch him. What is that weird baby talk that he does? Ugh. Hate. The only movie of his that I liked was The Wedding Singer and that's because of the nostalgia for the 80s.

• Love 1
(edited)

I still maintain the UO that Robbie from The Wedding Singer is the poster boy for Nice Guy Syndrome, and that Julia will be absolutely miserable with him.

It's been a while since I've seen the movie, but I don't recall Robbie pressuring Julia to be with him or whining the way NGS sufferers often do.  There was the scene where he accuses Julia of being with Glen because he was rich, but that's the only thing I can think of...otherwise, he seems even-keeled about most things, and is just talking to her and getting to know her.  I don't see NGS, but again, it's been a while since I've seen it.

Addressing other topics: I like Tina Fey, but I think Amy Poehler is completely devoid of charm.  It sucks that they insist on doing everything together, because I think Tina is the truly talented one, and that Amy weighs her down.  I enjoy some episodes of Family Guy and Seth McFarlane doesn't really bother me, but I agree that the overall tone of the show is lazy and mean-spirited.  That's why I stopped watching a few years ago.

Edited by Billina
(edited)

God I hate Will Farrell as a comedian. As a straight man he's very good. Esp to Darrin----- Sean Connery or Norm McDonald's Turd Fergus...er Burt Reynolds.

Or Tom Hanks & plastic wrap.

Count me as one who thought Seth's McFarlane's Boob number, just boring & juvenile. What I was offended abt was the Lincoln/Booth joke. Yes, even aft 149 years.

Edited by roamyn
  • Love 3

When it comes to former SNL cast members, I tend to agree with a lot of the opinions expressed here.  The only Adam Sandler movie I've truly enjoyed was The Wedding Singer, and as someone mentioned upthread, I think that was more for the 80's references than anything else.  The only Will Farrell movie I've remotely cared about was Blades of Glory, and I'm not even all that crazy about it.  (It's a figure skating thing.  Yes, I will go sit in the corner now.)

Having said that, I'm looking forward to seeing Tina Fey in This Is Where I Leave You--but unless they've radically changed the book, that's not a starring role but a supporting one.

In fact, Jack was one role for which I personally felt Tom Cruise would have been a much better fit from the get-go.

Tom Cruise would have saved the ship in his version.

More of my UO's

Mike Myers has never done anything remotely funny.

Colin Farrell should stick to comedies.

I enjoyed The Postman more than Dances With Wolves.

Is hating Adam Sandler really an UO ?

• Love 1

In fact, Jack was one role for which I personally felt Tom Cruise would have been a much better fit from the get-go.

Tom Cruise would have saved the ship in his version.

Too funny. Because there's more than a little truth in it. There's a bit of action hero in the character already but I think Leonardo DiCaprio was able to downplay it. Tom Cruise? Yeah, no.

From way back:

I hate Grease, always have. Sandy didn't have to change. At all. It pisses me off she became a spandex-clad bar wench just to nab some guy she'll probably break up with by August.  I wish the film instead had ended with her telling Danny, Rizzo and Kenickie where to get off.

Thank you!  I thought I was the only person on the planet to see this.  Everyone seems to ~~love~~ Grease, their favorite musical.  I see a horrible, horrible message for girls.  Not only does Sandy have to degrade herself to hang on to a guy, it's so his friends don't make fun of him for dating a good girl.  In my mind that's abusive, not cute or romantic.

• Love 6

I don't care for Brad Pitt. I find his acting monotone and wooden. And I know that he's been voted sexiest man alive numerous times but the dude does nothing for me. Kudos to him for his humanitarian work but that's pretty much it. 

• Love 4