Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

The only clothing that has been purchased definitely leans toward a boy, but really are unisex. I'm sure Lauren has plenty of pink girlie clothing and these items certainly could be girlied-up. 

If its real, it feels like it has Jessa written all over it. She would definitely take pleasure in getting the interwebs all curious and talking about it.

The only reason I can think of to have a baby registry for your THIRD child (not counting any miscarriages) is if that child will be a different sex (oops! I mean gender) than the previous two. 

• Like 8
18 minutes ago, Zella said:

He was really stupid if he thought Fayetteville was going to be welcoming to him. 

Trent Talbot, the CEO of Cameron's publishers said ""On Friday in Fayetteville, a group of drag queens dressed in demonic outfits showed up to a children’s book reading filled with conservative and Christian parents and their children."  At least 50 community libraries have refused or not responded to Cameron's attempt to book his program there.  The Christian Nationalists are belng stifled.

That made my day!  I'm not providing a link, it was on foxnews.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Good comments in a article by KNWA.

The protests centered around concern for kids who may be queer or struggling with their gender identity.

The pastor of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church in Fayetteville, Clint Schnekloth, strongly believed there could have been kids in attendance Friday struggling with their gender identity. His concern is that religious messaging could be negatively impacting kids.

“It’s really harmful to trans kids and other youth who are working through issues of gender identity and sexual orientation because he’s basically trying to shut down any space for them to consider those kinds of things,” said Schnekloth.   https://www.nwahomepage.com/knwa/brave-books-kirk-cameron-stop-in-fayetteville-for-book-tour/

• Like 16
31 minutes ago, sagittarius sue said:

Trent Talbot, the CEO of Cameron's publishers said ""On Friday in Fayetteville, a group of drag queens dressed in demonic outfits showed up to a children’s book reading filled with conservative and Christian parents and their children."  At least 50 community libraries have refused or not responded to Cameron's attempt to book his program there.  The Christian Nationalists are belng stifled.

That made my day!  I'm not providing a link, it was on foxnews.

“Demonic” outfits? 🤣🤣🤣

• LOL 12
36 minutes ago, AstridM said:

“Demonic” outfits? 🤣🤣🤣

There were drag queens and drag queen allies. The allies were dressed in black and white, and their faces were painted white. I don't know enough about it to know the meaning behind it, but if I'm honest, they were a wee bit scary, or maybe off putting. But demonic - nope.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Why are we talking about Kirk Cameron in Josiah and Lauren's thread? 

As far as baby news, like someone said above .........

They're up to E right? And what does Josiah do for employment?

Edited by beckie
  • Like 3
23 minutes ago, beckie said:

Why are we talking about Kirk Cameron in Josiah and Lauren's thread? 

As far as baby news, like someone said above .........

They're up to E right? And what does Josiah do for employment?

Because Righteous Kirk wanted to read his no-doubt poorly written idiotic children's book at a public library near the Duggars' homes, and somebody asked if the Duggars -- including Lauren -- would be going. 

No idea how many Josiah and Lauren have or what they do for a living. I hope Josiah has an actual job that isn't Jim Bob's used car lot or construction. 

• Like 8
54 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

The Swansons moved to AR not long after Lauren married.

I think they still have family there though. I recall the mother returning "home" to give birth shortly after they moved to AR.

3 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think they still have family there though. I recall the mother returning "home" to give birth shortly after they moved to AR.

I figured that's because her doctors were there. She was over 40, so I doubt she was home birthing. 

I don't get the one registry listed in GA though. They'd have to make a road trip there to pick up their haul. 

• Like 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

I figured that's because her doctors were there. She was over 40, so I doubt she was home birthing. 

I don't get the one registry listed in GA though. They'd have to make a road trip there to pick up their haul. 

I figured they put GA for the GA folks to look up the registry, but the gifts would be delivered to Lauren in AR. Still doesn't really make sense though.

17 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I figured they put GA for the GA folks to look up the registry, but the gifts would be delivered to Lauren in AR. Still doesn't really make sense though.

No it doesn't. Lauren's GA folks would know she moved to AR like 5 years ago. Maybe longer? I really don't pay attention to these people. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
On 3/18/2023 at 1:39 PM, Teriacky said:

The only reason I can think of to have a baby registry for your THIRD child (not counting any miscarriages) is if that child will be a different sex (oops! I mean gender) than the previous two. 

Baby registries give completion discounts. You get 10-15% off your order, when you purchase during a certain window based off your due date. You also get sample boxes and diaper discounts. It makes sense to make a registry every time you have a kid, regardless of whether you advertise it to friends and family, just to get the discount.

• Like 2
  • Useful 16
13 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

There's a photo on Reddit from Tik Tok showing Lauren with a baby bump.

Does anyone know when the picture was taken? I heard rumors that she had a baby earlier this year. Quick turnaround after Daisy last year, but possible, I suppose.

(edited)

The photo was apparently made public a week ago, but the speculation on Reddit is that it was taken around Easter as Katy is also in the picture but doesn't look nine months pregnant.

eta:  Maybe Lauren had just had the baby and still had a bit of a bump.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Useful 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wasn't there a couple of baby registries with the date around early May? Or was that back when Daisy was born?

There were registries with boy and girl clothing, 0-3 months size.

Twins the answer to the puzzle?

Edited by Dehumidifier
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
13 minutes ago, Dehumidifier said:

There were registries with boy and girl clothing, 0-3 months size.

Twins the answer to the puzzle?

Or to throw people off.  Return the other set 

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, Snow Fairy said:

Pickles has a picture where Lauren is seen pregnant for the 3rd time.

Can someone post it here?

It’s probably from Jinger’s recent YouTube video.

(edited)

WOACB is saying that Josiah has built his own home on property he owns and has a mortgage.  She says Josiah & Lauren signed the paperwork for a mortgage for a $573,750 30-year loan.  An actual mortgage with an actual mortgage company.  Of course, that's an IBLP no-no.  So they're apparently out of JB's control.  Good for him and Lauren. 

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Like 9
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 7
35 minutes ago, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB is saying that Josiah has built his own home on property he owns and has a mortgage.  She says Josiah & Lauen signed the paperwork for a mortgage for a $573,750 30-year loan.  An actual mortgage with an actual mortgage company.  Of course, that's an IBLP no-no.  So they're apparently out of JB's control.  Good for him and Lauren. 

I'd sure like to know what they might have been doing to qualify for that kind of mortgage, especially in Arkansas. I call BS on that until I see proof. 

• Like 18
On 7/5/2023 at 2:17 PM, GeeGolly said:

That shot is so typical and so funny - Jessa and Jana talking over each other.

I wonder why Jessa is wearing her nursing cape?  Isn’t Fern too big to still be nursing?  @GeeGolly, I’m not directing these questions at you specifically. 😊

• Useful 3
11 hours ago, Heathen said:

I'd sure like to know what they might have been doing to qualify for that kind of mortgage, especially in Arkansas. I call BS on that until I see proof. 

I’m curious why you said, especially in Arkansas.

(edited)
On 7/10/2023 at 11:29 PM, Gemma Violet said:

WOACB is saying that Josiah has built his own home on property he owns and has a mortgage.  She says Josiah & Lauen signed the paperwork for a mortgage for a $573,750 30-year loan.  An actual mortgage with an actual mortgage company.  Of course, that's an IBLP no-no.  So they're apparently out of JB's control.  Good for him and Lauren. 

Since I first saw this post I have seen stories that the house is on the big house property, or on property Jim Bob owned but sold to them, and at the same time stories that Josiah and Lauren have “broken free”.

🤷🏼‍♀️

Edited by ginger90
  • Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 2
(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

on property Jim Bob owned but sold to them

Yes, I think WOACB said that in her video, that it's property they purchased from JB.  I don't think she said where it's located, but I assumed it was not near the big house.  When I said he's out of JB's control, I was more referring to the mortgage.  That's verboten in IBLP. 

Edited by Gemma Violet

Adjacent to JB property, and adjacent to the property of the folks where Jfelon made the midnight pepto bismal delivery. That little school house church Jana and the howlers, umm remodeled or whatever is a few lots up the road too.

Josiah and Lauren "breaking away" from JB would be even less of a break away than Jinger. It would just mean the are fully into whatever dwain swanson is into. Right now dwain is in the lot purchasing and house building game, with Joe selling the end product. Same game as the duggars

• Like 5
  • Useful 3
(edited)
On 7/10/2023 at 11:05 PM, Heathen said:

Qualifying?  Well he does work and earn an income. Then there is the rumored payoffs JB had to give each adult offspring after Derick and Jill sued him.  Owning the lot outright helped because it gives them instant equity. 

Accuracy  of amount? Probably pretty accurate, I live in a small village in central Illinois.  Nowhere near Chicago.   People purchased the almost 2 acre  lot next door and want to build a  house.  Quoted price: $215 a square foot.   A basement - an extra $80,000.    Building costs are crazy right now.  So they are going with a modular home and a crawl space - $320,000. Which I think is a ridiculous amount for a home of that type.   I’m not bad mouthing their choice- just sad that they couldn’t get the house they originally wanted 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Mind Blown 6