Type keyword(s) to search

Josiah and Lauren: He Has To Marry Somebody

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, zenme said:

"Coming Out and Counting On: The Josiah Duggar, Nathan Bates, Derek Dillard and David Waller Stories"

Bwahahaaaa Lawson Bates too

1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

What happened to the pouf in Michelle's hair?  It's not at all her usual look.

And her skin looks amazing.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

It might not be so bad if it was knee-length. As is, it looks like a Mrs. Roper muumuu.

I think this is her after party wear, although it doesn't appear that she took off the gaudy necklace that she obviously wore to the ceremony.

If Michelle's dress were a miniskirt, and the sleeves a bit more belled, it could be right from the 1970's!

Michelle, please scrub your tile floor before having people over.  That is really gross!

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Her skin really is glowing.  The Duggar diet might have change for the better, plus they have Jana's fresh vegetables.  On the side of the refrigerator, I noticed a healthy food groups chart.  Maybe Michelle changed up her homefooling from Bankruptcy and Perpendicular to Squash and Beets.

• Love 3

Oh Michelle just looks tragic. Her hair is flat and weird, and that test pattern dress makes her look heavy and out of proportion. And does she have her customary black hose and shoes with it? 

Where the hell are the rest of the bridesmaid dresses!? I’m waking up every morning waiting for them (only a slight exaggeration)!

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

I didn't like the way hers fit either.  She's shown some very questionable judgment in dress and fit selection in the last couple of months as she tries to find her new style.  I did like her veil though.  

Bridesmaid:

image.png.1dcaaa957942f4b45a559f268321a24b.png

I’d rather see Meghan Markle recycle her wardrobe from “Suits” than any of the stuff she’s worn since Harry proposed. I did like the dark green dress she wore during the engagement announcement, but she screwed that up with a white/cream coat & a summer shoe that was too big for her. I would’ve liked to have seen darker shoes and a printed coat, especially since it was mid-November. 

Don’t even get me started on her wedding day hair. 45 minutes to “create the look” and her hair didn’t even stay in place? 

On topic: thanks for finding the top secret bridesmaids’ dresses! It must’ve been really humid last Saturday because the unknown (to me) young lady is rocking the same terrible hair that Lauren did.

• Love 8
38 minutes ago, louannems said:

If Michelle's dress were a miniskirt, and the sleeves a bit more belled, it could be right from the 1970's!

Michelle, please scrub your tile floor before having people over.  That is really gross!

I don’t know that that is the TTH

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Fuzzysox said:

That picture is heavily filtered. All three of them have the same "flawless" skin. Nobody looks like that in real life except maybe K-beauty devotees who have never been in the sun. 

• Love 11

It sounds strange, but I like the idea Michelle’s dress. It’s not one drab color, we haven’t seen it before, and it wasn’t worn to outshine the bride.  I think it looks odd because it’s too big for her and very vibrant, but Lord knows she needs some vibrancy in her life. It doesn’t look good but I like that she changed it up. 

• Love 10
57 minutes ago, Totally said:

I don’t know that that is the TTH

I think they are back in the industrial kitchen.  I recognize that huge (for a normal kitchen) black garbage can.  You know- the one they fill daily with Styrofoam.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, louannems said:

I think they are back in the industrial kitchen.  I recognize that huge (for a normal kitchen) black garbage can.  You know- the one they fill daily with Styrofoam.

I guess they could also be in the kitchen on the church where the wedding was, although I can't see J'chelle in a kitchen at all, so there's that.  Of course the church's kitchen would probably be super clean so perhaps back to the TTH.  

• Love 3
(edited)
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

I didn't like the way hers fit either.  She's shown some very questionable judgment in dress and fit selection in the last couple of months as she tries to find her new style.  I did like her veil though.  

Bridesmaid:

That's a fairly involved pattern to sew. I wonder how long they had to make them?

Are we witnessing a strangling going on it the background?

If Michelle's dress was better fitting she wouldn't look too bad. But she was the mother of the groom and probably should be wearing something a little more formal considering the bride's and bridesmaid's dresses. Maybe that dress was for the "picnic style" dress rehearsal dinner?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, Absolom said:

Bridesmaid:

Does any of them own a hair brush ?

6 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Lawson is too in love with himself to be attracted to anyone else .

4 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

It sounds strange, but I like the idea Michelle’s dress. It’s not one drab color, we haven’t seen it before, and it wasn’t worn to outshine the bride.  I think it looks odd because it’s too big for her and very vibrant, but Lord knows she needs some vibrancy in her life. It doesn’t look good but I like that she changed it up. 

It's too much . Just the  skirt with that pattern and a simple white top would have worked .

• Love 8

I like Laurens dress. It's simple and looks better than the usual Duggar bride concoctions. 

From what I can see of the bridesmaid dress, I like it. Major kudos to Jana and Anna for sewing what looks to be a complicated dress. I'll be interested to see the whole thing.

I'm hoping we are all wrong on Josiah being sad, but sadly,  I don't think this is the life he really wants.  

• Love 15
7 hours ago, louannems said:

Her skin really is glowing.  The Duggar diet might have change for the better, plus they have Jana's fresh vegetables.  On the side of the refrigerator, I noticed a healthy food groups chart.  Maybe Michelle changed up her homefooling from Bankruptcy and Perpendicular to Squash and Beets.

I think Michelle has lots of sex and likes it. That will make your skin glow. And maybe Janna and Anna are opening a dress shop in Janas building.

I also like the bridesmaid dress! Wow - kudos to Jana and Anna!!!

The pleats (if that is the right word) reminds me of the Duchess of Cambridge’s pink dress she wore for the Trooping of the Color, last year I think.

I am really impressed! 

Lauren’s simple silhouette was likely a nice foil to those dresses.

• Love 7

Do we get a sneak peek at the honeymoon today? Don't they normally give us a picture of the "happy" bride and groom at their honeymoon destination by the second day after the wedding?

(edited)
11 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

It's an optical illusion.

11 hours ago, louannems said:

I don't think she's improved her diet. I'm with @Heathen here:

10 hours ago, Heathen said:

That picture is heavily filtered. All three of them have the same "flawless" skin. Nobody looks like that in real life except maybe K-beauty devotees who have never been in the sun. 

Smartphone cameras and filter apps are imparting glowing skin to countless people every day now.

Edited to add: I'm struck by the way we take for granted that for this wedding the groom's sister and SIL would be sewing the bride's attendants' dresses. It's like the bride arrives out of nowhere, has no family or friends to do anything for her, and she's just another cast member of The Duggar Family Show. So a Duggar and an OfDuggar will of course have to do all the work for the bride's contingent of the wedding. Maybe it's just me, but when I stop to think of it that way it's a bit of a head-scratcher. 

I suppose it's just one of the initial indicia of the Total Duggar Takeover of anyone who gets sucked into their vortex. Which makes me happier than usual to hear that Kendra's mom wasn't supplanted by MEchelle when it came to Kendra's delivery of her baby, and probably also her prenatal care. Even if Kendra's parents are circling in the Duggar orbit, it seem that they might be acting like normal parents of a young married woman. 

Edited by Jeeves
I had another thought. It happens.
  • Love 13
16 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Edited to add: I'm struck by the way we take for granted that for this wedding the groom's sister and SIL would be sewing the bride's attendants' dresses.

Since it was reported in People, the most we're taking for granted is that People has the right information.

For their special day, the bride chose a wedding gown from The White Dress Boutique, while her eight bridesmaids wore blush-colored dresses handmade by Jana Duggar and Josh Duggar’s wife Anna.

• Love 2
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Since it was reported in People, the most we're taking for granted is that People has the right information.

I don't doubt that the story is true. It just strikes me as interesting that there seems to be little surprise here at the news that the groom's sister and SIL would be taking care of such a major item as the bride's attendants' dresses. It's like, "Oh, yeah, one more thing for Jana to take care of," vs "Why can't the bride and her family take care of the bridesmaid's dresses?"

OTOH this is part of a reality TV series, and the family featured is the Duggars, so of course the Duggars are going to handle everything. Which does make sense, now that I think of it that way. They need as much material for the show as they can drum up, so having the bride's family take care of the dresses would not be in TLC's best interest, while having Jana and Anna get to sewing means footage for TLC.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 5

I think the bridesmaid's hair looks nice. It was carefully arranged and may be a little frizzy due to the heat. If my hair looked that good, I would be happy. Lauren's hair was style too, but seemed to be falling a little from her down-do. 

Down-hair is trendy right now at weddings, even in the real world. 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

I also like the bridesmaid dress! Wow - kudos to Jana and Anna!!!

The pleats (if that is the right word) reminds me of the Duchess of Cambridge’s pink dress she wore for the Trooping of the Color, last year I think.

I am really impressed! 

Lauren’s simple silhouette was likely a nice foil to those dresses.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwio_dvCu4PcAhXjIjQIHWN3CXoQjhx6BAgBEAI&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.express.co.uk%2Flife-style%2Fstyle%2F818219%2Fkate-middleton-trooping-the-colour&psig=AOvVaw0S3Muktzjld1FyVp3Wwl8v&ust=1530725632572199

Just got the most the most recentl People in the mail (the July 16 issue) and there’s nothing about the wedding. Granted, since this issue is two days earlier than usual due to the July Fourth holiday there may have not been enough time  to get the article in before this issue was put to bed.

(edited)
15 hours ago, louannems said:

They just need to look in their warehouse for one of those institutional floor scrubbers you drive.  You know they have one hiding in there among JB's used panties.  Its what we use on our floors in our campus building.  The room may be the same size as the main floor of TTH.  Works well for the tiles.  

14 hours ago, Heathen said:

CRAZY!  I was just discussing this with my sisters.  Not that Meechele looks like she is a K-Beauty devotee but the Korean Beauty kit from Costco.

I agree that her hair looks strange in that picture.  It is too flat on top with those strange bangs.  

Edited by Natalie68
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

CRAZY!  I was just discussing this with my sisters.  Not that Meechele looks like she is a K-Beauty devotee but the Korean Beauty kit from Costco.

I agree that her hair looks strange in that picture.  It is too flat on top with those strange bangs.  

OT: You can do better price-wise and get better quality products if you buy individually. I like Amazon. 

I kind of like the bridesmaids' dresses; it's just that the styling was off (or maybe she had a bad hair day). They're light years ahead of those stupid things Jilly Dully's attendants wore with the clashing look-at-us-we're-so-modest panel. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Heathen said:

OT: You can do better price-wise and get better quality products if you buy individually. I like Amazon. 

I kind of like the bridesmaids' dresses; it's just that the styling was off (or maybe she had a bad hair day). They're light years ahead of those stupid things Jilly Dully's attendants wore with the clashing look-at-us-we're-so-modest panel. 

THANK YOU!!!

• Love 1

Did I read somewhere that there were 8 bridesmaids?  Kudos to Jana and Anna for making 8 of those dresses in, what, 3 months?  Those would not have been easy to sew.  The bridesmaids dresses from Anna's wedding would have been a lot easier to make.

• Love 5
42 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Jills were ugly but Jessa’s to me were worse!  Those weirdly bright peachy dress with the weird roushed dress.

#tragic

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Soaper410 said:

Jills were ugly but Jessa’s to me were worse!  Those weirdly bright peachy dress with the weird roushed dress.

#tragic

Jessa's bridesmaids dresses were awful. They were cheap looking, too casual and not the right color for a late fall wedding.

• Love 3

Jill had that hideous modesty white panel sewn on the bottom. Yuck. 

So that’s the dress for everyone? I thought there would be different colors. So where exactly did those many colors appear in the wedding? 

• Love 3
23 hours ago, zenme said:

Whoever sold Michelle that dress should be fired.

She might have picked it herself off a good will rack.  Or one of her daughters played a prank on her!!!

• Love 1
(edited)

New pictures up of the family from the wedding. Kendra and Joy were bridesmaids. Anna and her husband were not in the wedding party. Michelle wore a pale pink dress with the same necklace that looks good. The younger J-boys were groomsmen. Hannie wore her bridesmaid dress from Kendra's wedding. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Temperance said:

New pictures up of the family from the wedding. Kendra and Joy were bridesmaids. Anna and her husband were not in the wedding party. Michelle wore a pale pink dress with the same necklace that looks good. The younger J-boys were groomsmen. Hannie wore her bridesmaid dress from Kendra's wedding. 

Where can we find them?

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I don't doubt that the story is true. It just strikes me as interesting that there seems to be little surprise here at the news that the groom's sister and SIL would be taking care of such a major item as the bride's attendants' dresses. It's like, "Oh, yeah, one more thing for Jana to take care of," vs "Why can't the bride and her family take care of the bridesmaid's dresses?"

OTOH this is part of a reality TV series, and the family featured is the Duggars, so of course the Duggars are going to handle everything. Which does make sense, now that I think of it that way. They need as much material for the show as they can drum up, so having the bride's family take care of the dresses would not be in TLC's best interest, while having Jana and Anna get to sewing means footage for TLC.

I gotcha. Given that Lauren and her sisters are also Gothard, homeschooled, and raised to be helpmeets, it is quite the assumption that only Jana & Anna sewed the dresses. It fits the Duggar's official storyline that they are the center of the universe and I tend to buy into the belief that poor Jana does damn near everything for these slackers without giving it another thought.

• Love 4

In the video with Josh and Anna, Josh mentioned he’s glad Josiah and Lauren will be living close by.

Of course Jim Bob made the video all about him, turned that off in less than 2 seconds.

• Love 3