Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: My Really Fair Lady

On some level I'm glad that this wasn't a case of the week, and that they started to embrace a serialized approach to zombie Seattle.  At the same time, there was still a lot going on here.  I'm not sure about Liv becoming an underground human smuggler, or about willingly creating more zombies.  Chase and FG have a point about running out of brains faster and faster if more zombies are made.

I like Clive and I want him to be involved, but his relationship with Dale is not the primary reason I'm interested in him.

I know they were doing a Rent homage here with the video camera, but it's a bad plan to be filming your illegal activities, however romantic.

Also, the elves were not at the Battle of Pelennor Fields, and security nerd would not have asked a supposed elf if she was there.

• Love 9

I'll have to rewatch because I was having trouble following some of what was going on (including whose brain Liv was on and how did that person die), but overall this seemed like an improvement over the last few episodes. Part of the reason I missed stuff was because I was distracted (in a good way) by the guest stars--in addition to another VM character, I was happy to see "2" from Dark Matter getting work.

So was that Rose's real voice when she was flirting with the security guard? The scene was fun (especially the comment about her having such a bad American accent), but maybe she should have worn a different-color wig or disguised herself better so his description wouldn't lead FG or the police directly to her.

• Love 5

I know Rachel Bloom was probably the big get for this episode (and she was fun for the brief scene she was in), but it was seeing Melissa O'Neil as the woman in Renegade's group, that got me excited.  Still pissed that Dark Matter got canceled like it did, but I hope she continues to get roles elsewhere.

Not having a case definitely made this my favorite episode so far this season.  While I'm sure Liv being the new Renegade will end up blowing up in her face (and video recording dude is totally going to be her new love interest, which means it's already time to take bets on when he bites it), I'm curious to see how she will balance this with her job and other parts of her life, and how will everyone else feel once they find out.  Plus, we got to see Rose McIver use her Kiwi accent, again!

Ravi and Peyton are back on, after Ravi eats a heroin addict's brain, in order to find a missing dog for a family that Peyton was trying to help.  Good for them, I guess, but I'm not sure it was worth it.

Clive attempts something with that Michelle cop we've been seeing the past few episodes, but she ends up not wanting to be down with his open relationship with Dale.  Speaking of which, Dale just saw how hard all of this is on him, so I wonder what she'll do.  Break up with him, so he can move on?  Or, again, will Blaine having the cure end up coming into play?

Speaking of which, looks like they're finally going somewhere with both him and Angus, as they finally meet and Blaine see's just how unhinged his dad has become.  But the best part?  Don E.'s reactions!

There has to be a reason that they showed Major's name tag on the uniform, right?  The poor guy is so going to pay for Liv's antics.

Well, of course, Johnny Frost is teaching sexual harassment seminars, because is so familiar with it.  Classic Johnny Frost! 

Edited by thuganomics85
  • Love 5

I have to admit that I prefer the case of the week approach, and am totally bored by/uninterested in the human smuggling aspect.  Family reunification is one thing, people just wanting to live longer to me is just not a good reason. 

I like Ravi and Clive, and wish they were given something to do worthy of their talents.

I never thought I'd say it, but maybe I'm just tired of Rose McI,    I loved seeing 2, hope she pops up in lots of shows (well, the ones I watch).

Edited by mjc570
Spelling
  • Love 7

The changes they made to Seasons of Love were stupid.

I still don't get how the human trafficking improves human/zombie relations and makes for fewer starving zombies; particularly the later part. Also, how do they know the people wanting to be turned are being truthful about their reasons.

I think one of the main problems is too many people on brains. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Yay for Rachel Bloom, however brief her appearance! Ha, Nelly's explanation that they were still doing Rent but instead of AIDS everyone is a zombie cracked me up (and reminded me of the Fresh Off the Boat episode earlier this season where they did an unauthorized version of Rent so all the characters had the flu and the main character was named Brent).

Mmmmmm, cinnamon rolls! Johnny Frost (Cliff McCormack!) always makes me laugh but first showing footage of all the inappropriate things he said about his coworker and then cutting to him somehow being allowed to serve his community service by doing a sexual harassment seminar while Liv tried to put her hand down his pants totally cracked me up.

OMG, Veronica Mars reunion! Cliffy and Weevil! I just wish they had somehow shared a scene to make it even better!

I loved that even though Blaine and Liv are no longer allies, Don E. and Blaine called Peyton when Ravi showed up asking for heroin. They could have been dicks to Ravi in a million different ways, but instead of taking advantage of the situation in any way, they treated Ravi like a naughty child who needs to be sent home.

Liv pointed out how stupid it was to film everyone involved in the railroad, but she still let Levon do his Mark Cohen/Dawson Leery thing, even though she just admitted that recording them could get them all killed. I've seen people do similar things in real life (taking pictures/making videos while committing crimes) and I always wonder what possesses people to create evidene that they've broken the law.

Is it safe for Peyton and Ravi to have sex or even kiss? He's not a full on zombie but if he still has his time of the month, that means he still has the virus and can pass it on to her, right?

Ugh, I wish we were rid of Angus. Between his tiresome storyline and the real life grossness of the actor, I do not need to see him on my screen every week. From a plot POV, I would love for Blaine to be rid of him as well because I think it would be cathartic. I'm not justifying any of the evil things that Blaine did in the first three seasons, but clearly has daddy issues (and with good reason, based on the things that we know about his childhood) and being around Angus is not good for him. I really hope that the first Monday family lunch results in Blaine having everyone in his father's congregation decapitated. I mean, yes, it will be a mess to clean up, but it would totally be worth it!

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo
  • Love 8

This feels like the first episode in a while that I've really enjoyed, even with Liv on theatre brain. Even with Liv on theatre brain, it still kind of felt like her, instead of some caricature, but it helps that she was taking over as Renegade, so she actually had a plot of her own. She wasn't just some Wacky Brain of the Week. Plus, that scene of her scripting the other employees of Renegade was fun as hell. 

I actually hope they continue in the serialized route. I don't need a case of the week to enjoy this show. In fact, this episode proved that the show is better for it....because Liv isn't just the case, literally, but she makes her own decisions. I actually skipped the last episode because of how annoyed I was getting with Liv (through no fault of Rose McIver). Sure, her being the new human smuggler isn't ideal and it could get very boring very quickly, but I would much rather our Liv than Liv on Brains, which we've been getting more and more of since the start of season 3. So if this gives her an almost non-romantic plot (yeah, I know New Guy is going to be her love interest), then I'm all for it.

The Peyton/Ravi stuff was surprisingly decent. I got somewhat annoyed by parts of it, but an overall improvement than what they gave us last season. And finally, maybe the show will just slap them together and stop with their romantic drama. 

I'm surprised at how much I liked Blaine this episode. He was actually decent to Ravi, and his reaction over seeing what his dad has become was pretty good. 

Major had...some moments here and there. I really do prefer him when he's hanging with his friends and making snarky comments than his whole military plotline. Unfortunately, they're steering toward some plots that are a little too boring for me to care about (military, human smuggling, cult story). I'd much rather have an episode where they're all just hanging out, dancing and drinking. That's what made the two-parter this season for me. I think this show needs a bottle episode with just Major, Liv, Ravi, Clive, and Peyton. 

Angus is going to bring this season down with his cult crap. Mark my words. If this ends up another season 3 mess, I won't be happy. I need as little of Angus as humanly possible. I was so relieved when I realized he wasn't in the episode 45 minutes in...only for him to appear at the end. 

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Help me out here - Nelly, the theater lady, was killed in the bus crash? Was that how Liv got to eat her brain? 

I guess so.  I had also missed that she was somehow involved in that accident at first, too, but I figured that's what had to have happened.  They should get recognizable people to play the victims all the time!

I really liked this episode because of all the recognizable faces from other shows I love(d).  I am a bit in the minority, it seems, in that I like the cases of the week.  I like seeing the recipes that tie in with the brains.  I like seeing Liv act differently based on the brains she's on.  I actually liked it way, way better when she was pretty much the only zombie and hate this New Seattle stuff.  Way too many zombies running amok.  But, I still like enough of the show overall to keep watching, either way.  

I like when Liv tries to pass as human.  She looks so much better!  And, it was super fun to hear Rose's normal accent and her "bad" English accent.  Ha!

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, Whimsy said:

I like seeing the recipes that tie in with the brains. 

So do I, though I don't always get it--and I didn't get this week's tie-in until just now when I read your comment. She was on theater brain and she made cinnamon rolls ("roles")!

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, Superclam said:

Help me out here - Nelly, the theater lady, was killed in the bus crash? Was that how Liv got to eat her brain? 

Yes. In the following scene, Nelly's photo was the first one shown when they talked about the bus crash victims.

After Peyton came in and asked if she would eat a specific brain to help her find the missing dog, Ravi said that the guy was a heroin addict and Peyton said she wouldn't let Liv eat heroin brain. Liv said she was still hungry and needed to eat so she ate Nelly's brain.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, AnimeMania said:

So it is fine for Humans and Zombies to kiss, they just can't have sex or they turn?

Kissing is okay.  Sex is not.  Zombies, from what I can tell, have such incredibly sharp fingernails that shaking hands is probably also unsafe.

7 hours ago, GaT said:

I don't get it, why do humans want to be zombie?

I used to really love this show, sigh.

It's to cure them of really serious diseases.  They trade one terrible, fatal disease, for a terrible, non fatal one.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, RayAdverb said:

It's to cure them of really serious diseases.  They trade one terrible, fatal disease, for a terrible, non fatal one.

Zombies are also stronger than humans (at least when in rage mode) and they can take a lot more punishment.  In many ways they're far better soldiers than regular humans so you'd think the shadier members of militaryies around the world would be very interested in creating their own zombie sqaud.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Whimsy said:

I really liked this episode because of all the recognizable faces from other shows I love(d).  I am a bit in the minority, it seems, in that I like the cases of the week.  I like seeing the recipes that tie in with the brains.  I like seeing Liv act differently based on the brains she's on.  I actually liked it way, way better when she was pretty much the only zombie and hate this New Seattle stuff.  Way too many zombies running amok.  But, I still like enough of the show overall to keep watching, either way.  

I think, for me, I'm more bugged by the cases because it's Wacky Brain of the Week primarily before Liv, the actual person. I just like when we see more of her own personality shining through, which is what we got in this episode, even when being on Theatre Brain. They've gone overboard with Wacky Brain Liv for the last couple of seasons (especially when our Liv only appears at the beginning and end of the episodes), so I appreciate when we get more of a mix, like in the first two seasons. See, this episode Liv was hilarious. I laughed really hard at the sexual harassment seminar scene. This season HAS done a better job than last season with Liv, I can say that much.

I completely agree by this New Seattle stuff taking away from the show's original charm. Too many zombies. I love Liv as a zombie, I don't mind Blaine running his zombie business, and I like Major as a zombie, but I don't need everyone and their mothers to be zombies. There's just way too much. Now some main characters are being pushed aside for other plots. See: Major this episode mostly reacting to the plots. 

But hey, I'm still watching the show because there is still something to look forward to. I just don't care about the politics of zombies in Seattle. That shit bores me to tears. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't need everyone and their mothers to be zombies. There's just way too much.

It's gotten to the point that I can't even keep track of which people are zombies and which are humans. When Peyton kissed Ravi in this episode, my husband said, "Is Peyton a zombie now?" (meaning before they kissed) and I immediately said no, but then realized I wasn't sure.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

Chase and FG have a point about running out of brains faster and faster if more zombies are made.

Every time I hear them comment on the brain shortage I wonder why nobody has set up factories to grow them.

3 hours ago, RayAdverb said:

Huh, besides the fact that I think that's kind of stupid, wouldn't it be easier to smuggle one zombie out, than trying to smuggle all those humans in where there's a limited food supply?

3 hours ago, cambridgeguy said:

Zombies are also stronger than humans (at least when in rage mode) and they can take a lot more punishment.  In many ways they're far better soldiers than regular humans so you'd think the shadier members of militaryies around the world would be very interested in creating their own zombie sqaud.

They would have trouble feeding them, brains aren't in unlimited supply, at some point you would run out.

• Love 1

Rachel Bloom! God I miss Crazy Ex Girlfriend. Can we get some new episodes soon? She was hilarious as Nelly the theater lady, and I love the low budget WAY off Broadway production of Rent but with zombies! And telling the people in New York that if they have a problem with her ignoring copy write laws, they can cross the militarily enforced border into New Seattle. 

Speaking of "hey, I know you!" we had 2 from Dark Matter, AND Weevil from Veronica Mars! Awesome to see them here, and while I am a little meh on the whole human smuggling thing, I do like the characters. I thought it was funny seeing them getting increasingly into their roles and going off script. Plus, I always love when Johnny Frost shows up. And is teaching a sexual harassment class as a part of his community service. Of course. 

I thought that was actually a pretty good episode. Liv on the brain of the week was certainly quirky, but she seemed more like herself, and not like a caricature. I also enjoyed her "terrible American accent" and hearing more of her real accent. Or maybe a bit of an exaggeration of it. Also, that was a nice outfit she had. Liv looks great when she dresses human. I mean, she always looks great, but she looks super duper nice. 

Ravi and Peyton are back together after poor Ravi decides to become a heroin addict for her for a bit. They're pretty cute together when they're on the same page, so its alright with me. 

I know Liv and the coyotes mean well, but curing people with deadly diseases by making them zombies seems like it will end up causing more problems then it fixes. There are only so many brains to be eaten, and its a already clearly an issue. Plus, major is totally going to get dragged into this (as well as everyone else) and that is going to end so very badly. I also wonder if there will be follow up to Blaine finding out something is up with Ravi, especially if he sees him again when he isnt a zombie. 

• Love 5

I was so glad when Liv wasn't wearing that horrific white wig (her zombie hair). It's all I can see in her scenes. I assume the "wig" (blonde hair) she wore in toward the end of the show is her real hair. She has the blonde in the previews, too. That white wig needs to be burned.

• Love 1
17 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

There has to be a reason that they showed Major's name tag on the uniform, right?  The poor guy is so going to pay for Liv's antics.

I guess it could just be to explain how Liv had access to the uniform. 

But I'd be shocked if he doesn't get pulled in.

Was there any explanation of how Ravi's vision led to finding the dog? Or was it just another odd "maybe they cut something" moment?

• Love 1

I'm rapidly losing interest in this season. Sigh.

I really loved the show for the first three years, but I'm just not into it anymore. I have ZERO interest in Peyton and Ravi, like less than zero, actually. I can't stop from taking out my phone when they're on screen together, they're that boring.

And I just don't like any of these other storylines. Not into Clive and his open relationship with Dale. I don't like the human smuggling stuff or any of Filmore Graves. Even the murders of the week are losing me now.

Too bad.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, GaT said:

They would have trouble feeding them, brains aren't in unlimited supply, at some point you would run out.

This wouldn't be a problem in an authoritarian country, as citizens wouldn't be given a choice as to whether somebody who died became zombie food, and unauthorized zombies would be harshly dealt with. The problem here is that the outside world hasn't been as generous as hoped and casually creating more zombies makes the problem worse.

3 hours ago, GaT said:

Huh, besides the fact that I think that's kind of stupid, wouldn't it be easier to smuggle one zombie out, than trying to smuggle all those humans in where there's a limited food supply?

You need the new zombies inside the walls. Otherwise, you could have an accidental outbreak that would lead to drastic action by the military.

So Liv is risking her life to turn people into zombies, all the while knowing that Ravi created a successful cure and has the ambition to replicate it. And when the zombie cure is complete, as it will be, all the dying people will almost certainly revert to having their illness. Seems worth risking her life for and pushing everyone else to risk theirs.

• Love 2

I was also happy to see Two from Dark Matter.  Still vaguely hoping that Netflix will bring it back.

19 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I loved that even though Blaine and Liv are no longer allies, Don E. and Blaine called Peyton when Ravi showed up asking for heroin.

That was surprisingly decent of them.  It was also a practical choice, given how Liv, Peyton, and Major would have responded if they had done something untoward.

10 hours ago, LoneHaranguer said:

Every time I hear them comment on the brain shortage I wonder why nobody has set up factories to grow them.

The technology isn't there quite yet, but it does seem like something FG should be researching. 

• Love 1
On 4/9/2018 at 11:45 PM, thuganomics85 said:

Major thought Ravi stole his extra uniform (to try to get heroin somehow.)  Apparently Liv borrowed it for a costume.

2 hours ago, The Wild Sow said:

Major thought Ravi stole his extra uniform (to try to get heroin somehow.)  Apparently Liv borrowed it for a costume.

But that costume was used to smuggle humans into Seattle which is against the law and was recorded so presumably at some point in the future that tape is going to be leaked and it will show a masked uniformed man wearing his uniform.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, AllyB said:

So Liv is risking her life to turn people into zombies, all the while knowing that Ravi created a successful cure and has the ambition to replicate it. And when the zombie cure is complete, as it will be, all the dying people will almost certainly revert to having their illness. Seems worth risking her life for and pushing everyone else to risk theirs.

As far as Liv knows, there is not an immediate ability to replicate the cure.  This is a weak point in the post-New Seattle setting. It was understandable that Ravi would not publicize his efforts on a cure because prematurely revealing the existence of zombies could have been catastrophic. But now that zombies are a known thing, there's no reason why he would not step away from his job as a ME and work full-time on a cure, collaborating with whoever to get it done.

Anyway, there is no guarantee that when a cure is widely available that all zombies would take it. Some might like being zombies, or at least want to avoid the possibility of relapsing into whatever pre-zombie diseases they might have had.

And there is no guarantee that zombies who take it would still be affected by their pre-zombie diseases.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

As far as Liv knows, there is not an immediate ability to replicate the cure.  This is a weak point in the post-New Seattle setting. It was understandable that Ravi would not publicize his efforts on a cure because prematurely revealing the existence of zombies could have been catastrophic. But now that zombies are a known thing, there's no reason why he would not step away from his job as a ME and work full-time on a cure, collaborating with whoever to get it done.

Anyway, there is no guarantee that when a cure is widely available that all zombies would take it. Some might like being zombies, or at least want to avoid the possibility of relapsing into whatever pre-zombie diseases they might have had.

And there is no guarantee that zombies who take it would still be affected by their pre-zombie diseases.

Dam, the WHO and countless other agencies would be working on a cure, and that one (whether fully functional or not) has already been created means the show should be over now. 

• Love 1

I'm wondering when one of Renegade's crew is going to ask Liv to start stealing brains from the morgue-- I mean, there's probably more than one homicide a week in new Seattle-- (although there wasn't one this week) wouldn't it be nice to have more than one zombie working on solving cases?

also-- it also helps feed the zombie population (in a very limited way)-- which is an issue the show is dealing with.  If the brains of all the bus victims were blended together-- aren't the visions less intense? that would make the junkie brain still a viable food source. (but I guess the show thought Ravi/Peyton was a more important plot point than a city of starving zombies)

• Love 4
12 hours ago, MisterGlass said:

The technology isn't there quite yet, but it does seem like something FG should be researching.

They should also have been researching what it is from a brain that a zombie needs, in case it's something that could be reasonably synthesized or pulled from animals as a food supplement.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

No government on earth would give anyone the choice. Once the cure is replicated zombie-ism is over. The disease is highly contagious and the worst consequences are raging hordes of murderous zombies while the best overall outcome is potential immortality for everyone on earth, in a way that we as a species can't yet support. Zombies would be given the cure willingly or unwillingly. Liv's crusade is nothing short of stupid.

• Love 2
On 4/10/2018 at 1:40 AM, GaT said:

I don't get it, why do humans want to be zombie?

I used to really love this show, sigh.

Because they have a terminal illness and becoming a zombie gets rid of it and enables them to keep living.

On 4/10/2018 at 2:11 AM, biakbiak said:

I still don't get how the human trafficking improves human/zombie relations and makes for fewer starving zombies; particularly the later part. Also, how do they know the people wanting to be turned are being truthful about their reason

I think the idea they have is that if more people see the zombies as a solution to their problems (saving loved ones from diseases, re-uniting families), it will stimulate compassion for them, and thus more people will donate their brains. I also think that's why they're filming. If they get caught, they will release the footage with all those schmaltzy scenes of grateful people, in order to turn public opinion their way.

On 4/10/2018 at 8:02 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I think this show needs a bottle episode with just Major, Liv, Ravi, Clive, and Peyton. 

That would be fun!

• Love 2

I finally got to the point of deleting this show from my dvr.  Too many plot lines have muddied up what used to be must see t.v. for me.  The show made sense when Ravi was trying to find a cure and Liv tried to stop Blaine from his various enterprises.  Now, with 'everyone wants to be a zombie' to an underground railroad, Ravi as a heroin addict, etc., etc., has just become too much for me.  I loved the opening scenes of this episode with Rachel Bloom and a, well, low-rent Rent really excited me but then it just became less enjoyable as the episode progressed and with that, I'm out.

1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

I finally got to the point of deleting this show from my dvr.  Too many plot lines have muddied up what used to be must see t.v. for me.  The show made sense when Ravi was trying to find a cure and Liv tried to stop Blaine from his various enterprises.  Now, with 'everyone wants to be a zombie' to an underground railroad, Ravi as a heroin addict, etc., etc., has just become too much for me.  I loved the opening scenes of this episode with Rachel Bloom and a, well, low-rent Rent really excited me but then it just became less enjoyable as the episode progressed and with that, I'm out.

It might be more enjoyable if you come back after the season has run its course and you can binge watch the thing on Netflix / Hulu / whatever.  Sometimes serialized shows like this are tough for me to watch because they seem slow paced but it's better when you don't have to watch them spin their wheels for so long.  I did this with seasons 2 and 3 of Under the Dome.  The show was still terrible, but it wasn't as frustrating when I could watch things get resolved with relative quickness.

It makes me sad how this show is no longer must see TV. I deleted last week’s episode and forwarded the Underground Railroad this week, along with Angus’s stupid cult crap whenever it’s on. This show used to be so great, and now it seems to be floundering ever since Seattle became Zombieland. I will still stick with it to see how this season ends because I still love the characters, but if they don’t fix these storylines I won’t be back next season.

• Love 1

I said in the episode where zombies were revealed last season that the show had jumped the shark. It was so obviously a bad decision and one that would screw over the fun, episodic procedural format (essentially the core of the show). It was so dumb, so so dumb! 

• Love 7
On 4/11/2018 at 2:37 AM, biakbiak said:
On 4/11/2018 at 12:10 AM, The Wild Sow said:

But that costume was used to smuggle humans into Seattle which is against the law and was recorded so presumably at some point in the future that tape is going to be leaked and it will show a masked uniformed man wearing his uniform.

I don't remember Levon (was that the name of the guy who was filming the documentary?) wearing a mask when he ran into the guard, so if the guard got a good look at his face he should not identify Major in any lineup that might occur (though FG would probably not bother with proper investigative procedure such as lineups). But I agree with ElectricBoogaloo.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:39 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I assumed that the FG guy who talked to "Major" would remember the Lillywhite name on his uniform and report it when he woke up.

Even if there was no mask, it was dark so the guard might not have gotten a good look at Levon's face before he was hit in the head. Not to mention that being knocked unconscious could affect his memory and ability to identify someone he only got a quick glimpse of.

I don't recall why Peyton and Ravi broke up, but Ravi being a Nice Guy heroin addict to get back in her pants isn't going to fix it.

It was nice to see Two/Portia again, especially since the showrunner for Dark Matter is deep into a Stargate revival.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:16 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Is it safe for Peyton and Ravi to have sex or even kiss? He's not a full on zombie but if he still has his time of the month, that means he still has the virus and can pass it on to her, right?

It's totally safe, because they're in LURRRRVE!!! [blech]

On 4/10/2018 at 4:49 AM, Superclam said:

Am I the only one who thought "Whoa, Nellie!" when her "star" bailed?

Edited by jhlipton
On 4/9/2018 at 7:24 PM, Paloma said:

Part of the reason I missed stuff was because I was distracted (in a good way) by the guest stars--in addition to another VM character, I was happy to see "2" from Dark Matter getting work.

It took me a moment, even though she didn't look that different - she just didn't look as badass. I was glad to see her too. Though I kept expecting her to step up and order people around.

On 4/9/2018 at 8:45 PM, thuganomics85 said:

I know Rachel Bloom was probably the big get for this episode (and she was fun for the brief scene she was in), but it was seeing Melissa O'Neil as the woman in Renegade's group, that got me excited.  Still pissed that Dark Matter got canceled like it did, but I hope she continues to get roles elsewhere.

I kind of recognized her, but as I didn't watch Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for long, I didn't quite get there. Ditto about Dark Matter.

On 4/10/2018 at 1:55 PM, Blakeston said:

Was there any explanation of how Ravi's vision led to finding the dog? Or was it just another odd "maybe they cut something" moment?

Sort of. Ravi was talking about watching a film where a dog jumped on a train, and then went into brain freeze. They didn't explicitly say where they found the dog.

I liked this episode  more than I expected to. When I heard music was involved, I left it on the DVR for a week, as I don't know that I've seen any musical episode of a non-musical show that was worth seeing. But there was a reason for the singing, and the song was actually kind of fun.

Even though it did deal with serious stuff, there was more lightness in this episode than there's been in a while. More humor. More like the old show. I liked it much more than any other episode this season.

And I really enjoyed Ravi the junkie. If that makes me a bad person, so be it.

Edited by Clanstarling
  • Love 1

I don't understand why Liv is making new zombies when she knows damn well that there's a brain shortage, that some zombies are starving, and that it's causing major problems (such as the bus crash). Also when she saw that Chase was willing to kill by Gallaghertine anyone who makes new zombies. I also don't get why they are filming it, that seems destined to bite them in the ass later. Also she seems not to care that she will get Major in trouble by using his uniform with his name on it.

Ugh with Blaine's dad. Please get him, and his stupid religious cult storyline, off my screen! I pretty much fast forward through it anyway.

I like Ravi and Peyton together, so I didn't mind the reunion. I didn't like seeing heroin junkie Ravi though.

I liked seeing Rachel Bloom if only for a brief time, and seeing Portia from Dark Matter, though that just reminded me how sad I was that they cancelled Dark Matter.

Liv's improv during the sexual harassment seminar was funny, as well as her "bad American accent" while she was speaking in her real accent. She always looks very beautiful as herself. 

I want to keep liking this show, but I really wish they would forget the cult storyline and the human smuggling storyline. I feel that both those storylines are dragging this show down.

• Love 2
On ‎4‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:46 PM, LoneHaranguer said:

Um? because it takes too long to grow them, like 18 years until harvest?

• LOL 1