Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

I have the feeling Sonny won't be able to wait until Friday for the big love gesture and he'll do something at Ned and Olivia's vow renewal/marriage/whatever the ceremony is. Making it all about him, as per usual, because he has to be the center of everything.

I will be genuinely surprised if Sonny lets things go without some sort of scene.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I have the feeling Sonny won't be able to wait until Friday for the big love gesture and he'll do something at Ned and Olivia's vow renewal/marriage/whatever the ceremony is. Making it all about him, as per usual, because he has to be the center of everything.

I will be genuinely surprised if Sonny lets things go without some sort of scene.

I remember when Sonny and Brenda announced their engagement at Tracy and Luke's second wedding reception. Still pisses me off they weren't given more flack for that stunt. Tracy was right, it was rude. It doesn't matter if the actual ceremony was over; the reception was still going on. My cousin didn't dare announce her pregnancy until the day after her sister's wedding and she is immediate family. Never take shine away from the stars of day unless you get clearance from both of them.

• Love 1
21 hours ago, RachelKM said:

But Carly hasn't caused any harm to the Quartermaines in 20 years and as Jason said, Monica seemed to acknowledge, all three of them behaved badly and own a role in hurting one another back then.

AJ was MURDERED in cold blood by Sonny in 2014. 

• Love 16
2 hours ago, sunnyface said:

AJ was MURDERED in cold blood by Sonny in 2014. 

I cannot stand Sonny, but it WAS NOT IN COLD BLOOD.  I hate when people use that term for what is clearly a crime based in emotion.  "In cold blood" means dispassionately. 

Sonny believed AJ killed Connie (because Ava framed him) and he walked in to find AJ with his hands around Ava's throat. It was murder and unjustified. But it was not in cold blood. It was the opposite. 

I guess if you count not informing on Sonny when she learned of the murder* harming the Q's, okay.  But she did that initially to protect Michael because she was afraid of what losing both his fathers would do to him.  I hate that she later got back together with him. But it wasn't initially about protecting Sonny. And later, she didn't give testimony on a person she loves (ugh).

I don't think Carly holds a grudge against Monica for faking AJ's death after he kidnapped and faked the death of Michael and (as a consequence) allowing Michael for a time to be blamed for that death. 

And Monica is oddly cordial with Sonny. But people focus on Carly and bring up ancient history. And when you point out it's been 20 years they pivot to AJ's death and act like she was present and helped destroy evidence.

* I don't remember Carly "covering up" anything. She didn't hide evidence. She just didn't go to the police with what she learned. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

* I don't remember Carly "covering up" anything. She didn't hid evidence. She just didn't go to the police with what she learned. 

No, I believe she (and Franco) swiped AJ's phone from the hospital - which had recorded Ava's confession and Sonny murdering AJ - before Anna could get her hands on it.  That's tampering with evidence right there.

Anyway, my bottom line feeling is that, while they have to be civil to some degree because of Michael, Monica and Carly/Sonny should steer clear of each other.  And the writers should avoid putting them in situations where they aren't and Monica is overly pleasent with them, i.e. the scene with Monica and Sonny last week, the Carly/Monica scenes when she was marrying Jason, etc.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 9
32 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

* I don't remember Carly "covering up" anything. She didn't hid evidence. She just didn't go to the police with what she learned. 

Which is a crime, in and of itself. As is withholding evidence, as @TeeVee329 said. Accessory after the fact. And the fact is that Sonny murdered A.J., while he was on his knees with his hands in the air (if I remember correctly, which, admittedly, I may not), be it in cold blood or in the heat of the moment. I don't think any real mother is going to care which it was. That Monica hosts Sonny or Carly in her home or expresses any kind of sympathy or concern for them, as she did with Sonny at GH the other day, is sickening to me. But the other fact, I believe, is that the show simply wants to erase from their canon that Sonny murdered A.J. and Carly was complicit, and they believe they can get away with it.

Edited by Fellaway
  • Love 9
25 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I cannot stand Sonny, but it WAS NOT IN COLD BLOOD.  I hate when people use that term for what is clearly a crime based in emotion.  "In cold blood" means dispassionately. 

Sonny believed AJ killed Connie (because Ava framed him) and he walked in to find AJ with his hands around Ava's throat. It was murder and unjustified. But it was not in cold blood. It was the opposite. 

I guess if you count not informing on Sonny when she learned of the murder* harming the Q's, okay.  But she did that initially to protect Michael because she was afraid of what losing both his fathers would do to him.  I hate that she later got back together with him. But it wasn't initially about protecting Sonny. And later, she didn't give testimony on a person she loves (ugh).

I don't think Carly holds a grudge against Monica for faking AJ's death after he kidnapped and faked the death of Michael and (as a consequence) allowing Michael for a time to be blamed for that death. 

And Monica is oddly cordial with Sonny. But people focus on Carly and bring up ancient history. And when you point out it's been 20 years they pivot to AJ's death and act like she was present and helped destroy evidence.

In cold blood, Sonny usual reckless thought process. Doesn't make what Sonny did to AJ any better. 

It would be one thing after 20+ years she came to regret her actions towards AJ, but she double downs on all of her delusions. She drugged AJ in order to get him out of town bc she was claiming the baby was Tony's, and she was able to do it because AJ thought they were friends. When Michael confronted her about it decades later, she told him she did it in order to protect Michael from AJ potential relapse, even though AJ was making an honest attempt at sobriety during that time. For all that AJ did to her, he never once betrayed her like she did him. 

Also, the reason that AJ went to such a desperate measure to get Michael is because Sonny kidnapped AJ and had him sign away his parental rights and Carly went along with it, even though she knew AJ would never do that without coercion. Sonny and Carly can't even compromise a little, not even supervised visits at another location. 

Carly shouldn't hold a grudge against Monica, because she has done way worse to Monica than Monica has done to her. 

• Love 8
15 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

Which is a crime, in and of itself. As is withholding evidence, as @TeeVee329 said. Accessory after the fact. And the fact is that Sonny murdered A.J., while he was on his knees with his hands in the air (if I remember correctly, which, admittedly, I may not), be it in cold blood or in the heat of the moment.

Not precisely.  It would be a crime if she was questioned and lied.  There are very few ways you can be criminally liable for inaction. Complicity generally requires some affirmative action.

I don't recall AJ as being on his knees. I do remember that his hands were up and he'd let go of Ava.  But it was still not in cold blood. Sonny was anything but calm. 

1 minute ago, Ambrosefolly said:

It would be one thing after 20+ years she came to regret her actions towards AJ, but she double downs on all of her delusions. She drugged AJ in order to get him out of town bc she was claiming the baby was Tony's, and she was able to do it because AJ thought they were friends. When Michael confronted her about it decades later, she told him she did it in order to protect Michael from AJ potential relapse, even though AJ was making an honest attempt at sobriety during that time. For all that AJ did to her, he never once betrayed her like she did him. 

Carly has admitted what she did to AJ and admitted that many of her actions were hurtful.  She did believe she was protecting Michael and herself at the time.  Between Jason and AJ himself, Carly had been filled with endless tails of how controlling and ruthless the Q's were.  

She did not double down when confronted.  She told Michael the truth, her reasons, her mistakes, and how much damage was done by everyone involved.

And Carly regretted some of her actions.  And to that end, she even stopped AJ from drinking in 2013.  Sure, she was doing it for Michael. 

Edited by RachelKM
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

Not precisely.  It would be a crime if she was questioned and lied.  There are very few ways you can be criminally liable for inaction. Complicity generally requires some affirmative action.

Like stealing and withholding A.J.'s phone?

• Love 3
Just now, Fellaway said:

Like stealing and withholding A.J.'s phone?

I don't remember her doing that.  I do remember an absurd hot potato series of handoffs of a recording that included Ava's confession as well as Sonny firing the gun.  But i most remember it in terms of proof against Ava. 

If she did that, it would be accessory after the fact.  I shouldn't even have argued against that anyways since if being and accessory was a crime for the ages on a soap, everyone in PC over the age of 20 (and a few under) would be in prison. 

18 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I don't recall AJ as being on his knees. I do remember that his hands were up and he'd let go of Ava.  But it was still not in cold blood. Sonny was anything but calm. 

Carly has admitted what she did to AJ and admitted that many of her actions were hurtful.  She did believe she was protecting Michael and herself at the time.  Between Jason and AJ himself, Carly had been filled with endless tails of how controlling and ruthless the Q's were.  

She did not double down when confronted.  She told Michael the truth, her reasons, her mistakes, and how much damage was done by everyone involved.

And Carly regretted some of her actions.  And to that end, she even stopped AJ from drinking in 2013.  Sure, she was doing it for Michael. 

I must of been watching a different show because the Sarah Brown's Carly drugged AJ in order to get him out of town as AJ told her he would do that if he fell off the wagon, while Laura Wright's Carly said she was trying to protect Michael from AJ's alcoholism.  That wasn't the truth, it was a delusion she concocted because she refuses to see herself as the bitch she is. 

She also told Monica she didn't regret a thing she did to him when she suspected that AJ had returned from the dead. 

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, RachelKM said:

I shouldn't even have argued against that anyways since if being and accessory was a crime for the ages on a soap, everyone in PC over the age of 20 (and a few under) would be in prison. 

I don't disagree that there are very few people on this show in a position to judge anyone for anything. For me, Sonny and Carly (and Jason), least of all.

I have no problem with villains on a show - A good villain makes a show more interesting. - and Sonny and Carly (and Jason) should be the kind of villains we love to hate. Instead, GH wants us to swallow that Sonny is Port Charles' white knight and Carly is its Grande Dame. That short a memory I do not have, Show.

But, hey, this is the spoilers and speculation thread, so... What's up with Willow's birth certificate? Something, hopefully, that will make her more interesting? Talk about drinking the Corinthos kool-aid.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

But, hey, this is the spoilers and speculation thread, so... What's up with Willow's birth certificate? Something, hopefully, that will make her more interesting? Talk about drinking the Corinthos kool-aid.

I live in fear of one of Scott and Dominque's embryos being stolen and a new kid pops out out of the woodwork. 

2 minutes ago, Ambrosefolly said:

I must of been watching a different show because the Sarah Brown's Carly drugged AJ in order to get him out of town as AJ told her he would do that if he fell off the wagon,

Carly was afraid that AJ would remember about their night together and realize he could be her baby's father.  Think at that point she was still with Tony and he hadn't figured anything out. So that was self interested.  I always hated that she did that.  She actually felt guilty about it right away and stopped him from drinking a the next day. It was an awful thing to do. But people act like Carly actually caused him to slp when she didn't. She stopped him from drinking and within weeks he learned what she done.

In any event, she admitted it to Michael and said was wrong.

Asking Jason to lie and say he was the father was fear of the Quartermaines.  And even then Edward and AJ plotted to get her to bring Michael into the family trying to turn her against Jason.

Even when she married AJ, the majority of their fights were about how AJ was using Michael as a pawn to please Edward and making plans.  

AJ falling off the wagon and being a repeat arsonist were not Carly's fault.

35 minutes ago, Fellaway said:

But, hey, this is the spoilers and speculation thread, so... What's up with Willow's birth certificate?

Hahaha... Figures. I actually like Willow. I don't want Willow saddle with Nina. Though I will laugh and laugh if it turns out the Nelle isn't Nina's child after all and that Nina spent a year spinning fairy tales about that psychopath over a unconfirm theories based on a necklace. 

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Carly was afraid that AJ would remember about their night together and realize he could be her baby's father.  Think at that point she was still with Tony and he hadn't figured anything out. So that was self interested.  I always hated that she did that.  She actually felt guilty about it right away and stopped him from drinking a the next day. It was an awful thing to do. But people act like Carly actually caused him to slp when she didn't. She stopped him from drinking and within weeks he learned what she done.

In any event, she admitted it to Michael and said was wrong.

Asking Jason to lie and say he was the father was fear of the Quartermaines.  And even then Edward and AJ plotted to get her to bring Michael into the family trying to turn her against Jason.

Even when she married AJ, the majority of their fights were about how AJ was using Michael as a pawn to please Edward and making plans.  

AJ falling off the wagon and being a repeat arsonist were not Carly's fault.

Hahaha... Figures. I actually like Willow. I don't want Willow saddle with Nina. Though I will laugh and laugh if it turns out the Nelle isn't Nina's child after all and that Nina spent a year spinning fairy tales about that psychopath over a unconfirm theories based on a necklace. 

I preferred the Carly when the show was honest about her self interest and motivations and didn't justify and sanitize everything she did. I didn't like her actions, but I at least understood them.  I hated Guza's writing when they were making AJ the villain to justify Jason being the better man. Michael crying every time AJ went near him did not endear the writing to me in the least and was cruel to AJ's character. 

And didn't the drugged drink he took was thought to be juice?

Edited by Ambrosefolly
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, paisley said:

I'm thinking Esme is setting up Trina to take the blame for the Joss/Cam sex tape.

Interesting.  I hadn't thought of that.  But that may very well have been her plan.  If so, I think she'll be in for a rude awakening.  I don't see Cam or Joss buying Trina would do that to them in a million years. 

• Love 1
6 hours ago, RachelKM said:

Interesting.  I hadn't thought of that.  But that may very well have been her plan.  If so, I think she'll be in for a rude awakening.  I don't see Cam or Joss buying Trina would do that to them in a million years. 

And if they do, they are horrible friends. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, DanaMB said:

And if they do, they are horrible friends. 

I'd argue Joss is already a questionable friend, but whatever.

On another note, can you imagine the humiliation of having your first sexual encounter filmed and distributed? I'm assuming the video is no longer than 15 seconds, but still...

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
24 minutes ago, BlancheDevoreaux said:

I'd argue Joss is already a questionable friend, but whatever.

On another note, can you imagine the humiliation of having your first sexual encounter filmed and distributed? I'm assuming the video is no longer than 15 seconds, but still...

RR's Maxie went through that during her first. It is now a crime in many states. 

• Love 1
10 hours ago, paisley said:

I'm thinking Esme is setting up Trina to take the blame for the Joss/Cam sex tape.

I think so too but this has to be what finally topples Esme because even Joss and Cam are smart enough to know Trina would never do that (not to mention she was unconscious). With the pacing on this storyline though none of this will even come out until summer. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Some other spoilers I saw on Twitter:

- Port Charles is hit by an unseasonable heatwave (which had some people speculating that Mr. Sheffield has a reverse weather machine).

- Sonny and Nina Do It on The Haunted Star and possibly get caught by Carly (Carly walking in on people she hates Doing It with people she loves is my favorite thing).

- LWB/FS kidnaps Bailey (as we all knew he would).

• Love 3
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

- Sonny and Nina Do It on The Haunted Star and possibly get caught by Carly (Carly walking in on people she hates Doing It with people she loves is my favorite thing).

All of this sounds incredibly gross and that's exactly how you get back together with your estranged wife, by passing your peen to another woman.

As always, job well done, Sonny! You are truly the best amongst us.

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

- LWB/FS kidnaps Bailey (as we all knew he would).

At this point, he has to. May he die in a hail of bullets that miraculously avoid hitting the adorable Bailey. That baby/those twins kill me.

2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

All of this sounds incredibly gross and that's exactly how you get back together with your estranged wife, by passing your peen to another woman.

Given how allergic this show is to soapy situations, it's 50/50 that Carly will walk in on them. And those odds might be too generous to it happening.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Given how allergic this show is to soapy situations, it's 50/50 that Carly will walk in on them. And those odds might be too generous to it happening.

Hasn’t Carly walked in on Sonny with another women multiple times already? Lol I feel like that’s soapy for most couples but it’s tired for them. Esp since it never had any long lasting effects. I’m sure they get back together in a few months so it’s just another person to add to list next time they fight. I’m far from a Sonny and Carly fan but I think they should have gone the Monica/Alan route with them and shrugged off affairs a long time ago. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

Let's just hope he doesn't get her pregnant.

3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

In terms of locations The Haunted Star is at least a step up from the Q Mausoleum. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Jaded said:
3 hours ago, YaddaYadda said:

In terms of locations The Haunted Star is at least a step up from the Q Mausoleum.

And the limo on its way back from the Facility That Jax Found™.

• Love 1

Reading more about Sonny and Nina Doing It, it definitely sounds like they're laying in the usual get out of jail free cards for Sonny.  He's still chemically inbalaned from being off his meds!  Carly stood him up for hours!  Nina was there!  Whatever, dude.

On 2/3/2022 at 10:20 AM, TeeVee329 said:

- Port Charles is hit by an unseasonable heatwave (which had some people speculating that Mr. Sheffield has a reverse weather machine).

Any chance this has to do with whatever Drew knows that Victor wants from him?

2 minutes ago, YaddaYadda said:

Any chance this has to do with whatever Drew knows that Victor wants from him?

Drew is supposed to know something? I thought being able to control him was the big lure. Whenever he's been activated, he's turned into a robot soldier with a one-track mind: Complete the mission.

6 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

Drew is supposed to know something? I thought being able to control him was the big lure. Whenever he's been activated, he's turned into a robot soldier with a one-track mind: Complete the mission.

Victor said a couple of times that Drew knows something that he needs from him. I'm assuming that it's something from when he was with Helena and that he has to have control of him to extract the information he needs since Drew never remembers what said or did when he's put under.

• Useful 1

I have to laugh. I'm watching again for the first time in ten years and we're still talking about AJ. See some familiar names from the TWoP days. Hey there.

So do we know if Wes Ramsey is officially out soon. Because I want him gone and I've been watching for 2 weeks not 5 years.

Edited by Grinaldi
Typo
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
18 minutes ago, Grinaldi said:

So do we know if Wes Ramsey is officially out soon. Because I want him gone and I've been watching for 2 weeks not 5 years.

I think most of us are too leery to hope. We thought he was dead and gone before; he even tweeted that he was leaving, and like a cockroach, he survived. 

• LOL 2

Wes Ramsey as Peter has begun to remind me of Seth Green's character at the end of the terrible third Austin Powers movie where he turned into his father Dr. Evil and was just running around the sets with like, a weird latex skull cap flailing and howling.

• LOL 6
9 hours ago, Grinaldi said:

I saw some people post on Twitter that WR wasn’t in the Friday end credits, which means he isn’t on contract anymore, but not sure what the timetable is on his exit or if he’s actually exiting. They could easily put him on recurring and have him pop in and out to torture us.  

Looking ahead to future episodes this week, all I see so far is on Thursday "Maxie awakens from a nightmare". What does that mean? Couldn't get ahead to see info for Friday. But I don't remember a soap keeping us waiting for almost a week like this? 

• Useful 1