Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

My prediction rests on what happens with the rest of the TV season. If there's major delays in all of the other shows coming back in the Fall, then yeah, I could see BB having a chance (as it would basically just push Summer programming to the Fall). Otherwise, I think we'll have to wait until next summer for BB.

Since the former scenario is more likely, though, we probably WILL end up getting some BB.

• Love 1

That makes sense, given that Ontario was only groups of no more than 15 at that point, now groups of 5 with larger groups being ticketed.

On 3/16/2020 at 9:40 AM, ProfCrash said:

They could quarantine the case a few weeks earlier with some back ups. 2 weeks in the hotel solo then into the house.

I learned yesterday that this is what they do with troops preparing to be sent into epidemic situations to help out. Fascinating.

• Useful 2
(edited)

I really do think this will be on in the fall rather than the summer to help plug in the holes on CBS’ schedule. This summer we’ll all still be too traumatized by the substantial loss of American lives to be interested in and care for HGs even if by some miracle they were well cast.

The summer will belong to streaming services like the usuals along with newbies HBO Max and the NBC Universal one which will have, for the first time, every Law & Order episode available to stream. Talk about comfort TV. I have at least two friends who will have that on their TV day and night.

Edited by TimWil
On 3/24/2020 at 9:36 AM, DakotaLavender said:

The problem with this summer season of BB is that while the HGs could be in the house, the workers who build the sets probably were unable to prepare the comps. 

Those comps for HOA and the veto comps are prepared and built in another location months before the season and then carried onto the BB set one comp at a time. They probably were unable to gather and do that work. So the show will probably not be ready to air in time.

They could postpone it... but if they do manage to start and bend the style of the show, there probably could not be a live audience on eviction night. 

My prediction is this show will start in September or later. 

I never knew that.  I just assumed they built them on the back lot while the show was filming.

On 4/3/2020 at 12:30 AM, BK1978 said:

I never knew that.  I just assumed they built them on the back lot while the show was filming.

I believe that those comps have to be scripted (HOH and POV) and built well in advance months before the season begins. I think they are then carried in one at a time on trucks and set up. Some of the comps have very complicated parts and there is no way they could construct those as the show aired. 

• Love 2

So, there's this game that BB17's Audrey created called Sequester. It's an online game that's kind of like Big Brother/Survivor, where you're trying to eliminate people by voting them out and getting to the end. In recent years, it actually has become a live event where people will play in person.

But, recently, because of the quarantine, they've been doing Sequester Minis, so it's all online and the game takes place over a few hours. Last night, they had a special Big Brother US vs Big Brother Canada game, where players from US, OTT, and Canada played together and it was a whole lot of fun. I meant to come post it on here but it was about six hours of watching these people play and it was a blast.

The US players included Andy, Rachel Reilly, Rachel Swindler, Kaitlyn, Alex Willett (from BBOTT), James Rhine, Matt Hoffman, Tommy, Tiffany, and Ovi. 

I don't know if there's a way to watch the entire game back right now, but I know there are plenty of clips out there for some fun moments. I think the highlights of the game last night were Alex, Ovi, and Matt (ESPECIALLY Matt; my goodness, he was awesome). Both Rachels were also fun to watch, as was James. 

• Love 1
On 4/18/2020 at 11:27 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know if there's a way to watch the entire game back right now, but I know there are plenty of clips out there for some fun moments. I think the highlights of the game last night were Alex, Ovi, and Matt (ESPECIALLY Matt; my goodness, he was awesome). Both Rachels were also fun to watch, as was James. 

Where are the clips? I found it on youtube but I don't think they actually show the game or something? Plus, it's 6 hours, so I'm not sure I want to watch the whole thing anyway lol. Who ended up winning it?

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Where are the clips? I found it on youtube but I don't think they actually show the game or something? Plus, it's 6 hours, so I'm not sure I want to watch the whole thing anyway lol. Who ended up winning it?

I know there are some on Twitter. There are some clips on Youtube as well, but it WAS a six hour game so there's quite a lot to go through. 

Alex Willett ended up winning. The jury portion was basically made up of mostly Americans, since the Canadians were basically voted out one by one early on (except for, like, three of them that made it to jury). Ovi and Matt placed fourth and third, respectedly. Ovi got to drag someone out with him when he got voted out, and he chose Matt because he thought he was playing the weakest game...but Matt was actually playing the best game at that point. 

On the other end of the spectrum, Rachel Reilly lasted through one round until she got dragged out of the game (the second person voted out had a chance to take someone with him and he chose Rachel because she got him out lol), Kaitlyn decided to be Kaitlyn and screwed herself pre and post game (she got into a major screaming match with Ika Wong after the game) and Andy got taken out early as well, but by pure unfortunate luck (there was a tie that couldn't be broken so everyone not part of the tie was nominated for eviction and a wheel spin determined his fate). 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Alex Willett ended up winning.

Oh, ew lol. I saw her little intro vid and she was annoying as hell in it. And still bitter her sister won. Get over it!

Kaitlyn decided to be Kaitlyn and screwed herself pre and post game (she got into a major screaming match with Ika Wong after the game) ...

That sounds fun!

What do I need to search for on twitter/youtube to find clips?

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh, ew lol. I saw her little intro vid and she was annoying as hell in it. And still bitter her sister won. Get over it!

LOL! Meanwhile, I still love that Morgan won because it meant that slimy asshole bully Jason Roy didn't win, and I liked Alex way better than Morgan to begin with. But yeah, winning Sequester Mini isn't REALLY an accomplishment. It isn't going to get her on the actual show!

8 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That sounds fun!

Very fun, actually. 

I'm gonna actually carry this over to Kaitlyn's thread to give further context of what went down.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I haven't sen anything but I'd say there's about a 99.9% chance it isn't happening this summer lol.

I know it will inevitably be a tragic shitshow*, but I'm hoping for a fall season to replace all the scripted shows that can't shoot this summer. 

* What are the odds it would be worse than BB21? I think 50% - lower than you might imagine, but I think part of the reason the last fall season was so awful, is that they used leftovers for the cast. 

• Love 2

Yeah, unfortunately, I think the next season might be postponed until...who knows. Even if we get a bit of a reprieve over the summer, I think it'd be tricky to get the show going in the fall when Covid The Sequel begins. Unless they force the contestants into a 14 day quarantine and test them pre-show...but even then, they still interact with the producers and some staff. Just seems iffy.

Edited by CrazyDog
On 4/27/2020 at 7:03 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I haven't seen anything but I'd say there's about a 99.9% chance it isn't happening this summer lol.

Actually, it could happen if they test the HGs 2 weeks prior to going into the house and then sequester them in a hotel room until the results come back and then move them into the house. If they all test negative, why can't the show go on? Julie could test and still host the show without any eviction night audience. I do not see what the big deal is. It's not like they would during the show be socializing with outsiders. It is a controlled environment. 

• Love 1

I think the main problem is the production staff (producers, camera operators, comp builders, etc).   Even if they don't interact directly with the cast they have to interact with each other. and I imagine it's a fairly large crew.    I'd think Survivor would be more likely because with it the crew isn't going home every night.   If they're cleared through quarantine like the cast they basically all live in the same area for the duration.  

• Love 8

We've seen on past seasons where production staff have passed on summer cruds to the HGs after the sequester period (it was one of the recent US seasons where they all had stuffed up noses and general ickiness). So unless CBS is willing to pay every. single. member. of their staff and crew to also isolate, there's no way it could happen. The whole appeal of Big Brother, to the network, is that it's relatively cheap for the amount of airtime it gets. CBS doesn't want to pay more, they still try to get production to pawn off expired food and meds on the house. Plus if someone is asymptomatic in sequester but passes it along, the Big Brother house could be ground zero for COVID-19 2: COVID Harder. And if that happens, they might actually burn the house down like we keep asking them to do. Not the end of the world, really. 

I'm going to miss devoting my summer to a bunch of try hard dramariffic trainwrecks. And you all, of course. But honestly, I have no idea what to do with my summer now. 

• Love 8
41 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

We've seen on past seasons where production staff have passed on summer cruds to the HGs after the sequester period (it was one of the recent US seasons where they all had stuffed up noses and general ickiness). So unless CBS is willing to pay every. single. member. of their staff and crew to also isolate, there's no way it could happen. The whole appeal of Big Brother, to the network, is that it's relatively cheap for the amount of airtime it gets. CBS doesn't want to pay more, they still try to get production to pawn off expired food and meds on the house. Plus if someone is asymptomatic in sequester but passes it along, the Big Brother house could be ground zero for COVID-19 2: COVID Harder. And if that happens, they might actually burn the house down like we keep asking them to do. Not the end of the world, really. 

I'm going to miss devoting my summer to a bunch of try hard dramariffic trainwrecks. And you all, of course. But honestly, I have no idea what to do with my summer now. 

And, to further that, I doubt all members of production would want to isolate for THREE whole months. Even two months would be too much for a lot of them without seeing their families and being forced to stay in a hotel when not at work. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

And, to further that, I doubt all members of production would want to isolate for THREE whole months. Even two months would be too much for a lot of them without seeing their families and being forced to stay in a hotel when not at work. 

To properly isolate, they'd probably have to remain on the Big Brother set because even then, you're opening up potential physical contact with hotel staff, drivers, other hotel patrons, etc. And we all know they never got the funk of Austin's feet out of the floorboards so who the fuck wants to stay where the house is?

Edited by Callaphera
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

I'm going to miss devoting my summer to a bunch of try hard dramariffic trainwrecks. And you all, of course.

Likewise.

4 hours ago, Callaphera said:

But honestly, I have no idea what to do with my summer now. 

I do - I have several years’ worth of books I’ve bought but never had the chance to actually sit down and start, you know, READING and shit....  😄

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

I think CBS’ announcement that The Amazing Race has been pushed from May to “later in 2020” doesn’t bode well for a BB summer season. Then again The Amazing Race could just be used to take the time slot that Survivor isn’t able to fill this fall.

Edited by TimWil

CBS could take a past season and re-air it. What I'd like for them is to take Over the Top and air that. They could make regular episodes out of it and even re-air the live feed. A lot of people haven't seen it because they didn't have CBS All Access.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

CBS could take a past season and re-air it. What I'd like for them is to take Over the Top and air that. They could make regular episodes out of it and even re-air the live feed. A lot of people haven't seen it because they didn't have CBS All Access.

I was thinking this exact same thing. It'd be fun to watch some of the more iconic/interesting seasons again.

• Love 2

FWIW, all of the seasons, including OTT, are on CBS All Access, and they have a free month with no commercials option.  Plus all of Survivor and Amazing Race too.

• Love 1

It's never truly summer without my summer crack fix and this will be a first. 😞 In the last few years, it's been a double dose with Bachelor in Paradise. Already feeling withdrawal symptoms, especially knowing there'll be no BB live thread forum!

• Love 2

I like the idea of airing OTT, but how about a seriously stripped-down quarantine-style BB? Isolate them for two weeks, and once they walk in, there's no real contact with even production. The DR is just a camera, right? I mean, there's a producer questioning and leading them on, but the producer isn't there in person, right? As for competitions, I'm talking STRIPPED DOWN. (In fact, Big Brother: Bare Bones - Back to Basics has a nice ring to it.) Like, everyone pick a floor tile. Last person literally standing is HoH. Have the disembodied BB voice tempt them to step off Survivor-style. Food comp: have HGs one at a time draw food items pictionary-style - if the rest can guess what it is in ten seconds, they get it for the week. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a slippery weiner as much as the next person, yet it's the epic hold-the-button in a box endurance challenge that I remember most fondly. I'm embarrassed to admit that I'd watch the shit outta HGs pissing themselves in their own rooms to desperately win veto.

• Love 4
(edited)

I never did see Over The Top because I didn't want to subscribe to CBS All Access at the time. However, I have been subscribing each time there's a new season of The Good Fight (and for the season of The Twilight Zone) and was planning to because of the new GF season. Now, that I've realized I can also watch OTT, it was all the more motivation to go do that just now. I can still get my yearly BB crack fix! Even better, all the familiar people in the forums who crack me up and give me life are in those threads. Camp is back in session!

Edited by Scout Finch
  • Love 2
15 hours ago, Scout Finch said:

Now, that I've realized I can also watch OTT, it was all the more motivation to go do that just now. I can still get my yearly BB crack fix!

Hopefully you'll be commenting as you watch!  It would be great to revisit the season with additional commentary!

• Love 1
On 4/18/2020 at 11:27 AM, Lady Calypso said:

So, there's this game that BB17's Audrey created called Sequester. It's an online game that's kind of like Big Brother/Survivor, where you're trying to eliminate people by voting them out and getting to the end. In recent years, it actually has become a live event where people will play in person.

But, recently, because of the quarantine, they've been doing Sequester Minis, so it's all online and the game takes place over a few hours. Last night, they had a special Big Brother US vs Big Brother Canada game, where players from US, OTT, and Canada played together and it was a whole lot of fun. I meant to come post it on here but it was about six hours of watching these people play and it was a blast.

The US players included Andy, Rachel Reilly, Rachel Swindler, Kaitlyn, Alex Willett (from BBOTT), James Rhine, Matt Hoffman, Tommy, Tiffany, and Ovi. 

Who were the Canadians on the show?

On 4/29/2020 at 10:30 AM, Callaphera said:

I was thinking about this the other day and man it really hit me that this will be the first time in basically 20 fucking years that I'll spend a summer without BB. It's gonna be really weird lol.

On 4/30/2020 at 8:27 AM, Lamb18 said:

What I'd like for them is to take Over the Top and air that. They could make regular episodes out of it and even re-air the live feed. A lot of people haven't seen it because they didn't have CBS All Access.

I like this idea. OTT is my fave season in like 10 years. 

On 5/4/2020 at 11:40 PM, BK1978 said:

Who were the Canadians on the show?

Kirsten, Maddy, Jesse, Liza, Ika, Derek, Anthony, Karen, Kevin, Hamza

• Love 5
4 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I was thinking about this the other day and man it really hit me that this will be the first time in basically 20 fucking years that I'll spend a summer without BB. It's gonna be really weird lol.

All the years we've made (empty) threats to quit and COVID-19 was like "Hold my beer, I got you." 

Thanks for ruining my record. Stupid virus. 

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This year was supposed to be my tenth anniversary with the show (started off late, but glad I did) and now I don't know what I'm going to do. I was thinking of things to do for my ten year anniversary with BB. 

Maybe I'll just spend the summer watching the seasons I still have never gotten to. 

• Love 3
19 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Maybe I'll just spend the summer watching the seasons I still have never gotten to. 

I thought about this too, but I know I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much without live feed recaps. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, IndyMischa said:

I thought about this too, but I know I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much without live feed recaps. 

Echo that; I hardly give a shit about the actual broadcast show any more, except to fill in the gaps.  😆

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Echo that; I hardly give a shit about the actual broadcast show any more, except to fill in the gaps.  😆

Yeah, the episodes are basically comps, diary room, and how can the editing monkeys twist shit to drive me insane. 

• LOL 1
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

That was cute! I loved that it went from Rockstar to Brett lol

Also, it made me wonder, are Angela and Tyler still together?

Yup! They’re still together. They live on Instagram.

• LOL 5

I am really trying to be grateful for my job right now, but if I didn't value my privacy so much, and if I actually liked spending time on social media, I would kill to make a living shilling crap on Instagram. Except I'd also be terrible at it, lol. So never mind.

I can't blame people for making some coin off their 5 or 10 minutes of fame.

Are Fessy and Haleigh still together?

• Love 4
39 minutes ago, CrazyDog said:

Are Fessy and Haleigh still together?

Yep. And to his credit, he doesn't seem even the slightest bit interested in any of the ladies in The Challenge house. 

(I realize giving credit for a boyfriend's refusal to contemplate cheating is ridiculous. But it's reality tv, so...) 

• Love 5

All the BB 20 couples are still together. 

Tyler and Angela moved to Hilton Head and bought a house and running their jewelry business, Naut & Chain, and Angela has a cookbook coming out this summer as well as still working her other business, Papered Moments.

Haleigh got into grad school for psychology. I believe the plan is to move in with Fessy in that new city. 

As for Swayleigh they moved out to LA and moved into a luxury building across from the Staples Center. Swaggy bought a new car and is day trading. He’s selling a course on his site: https://theswagacademy.com

• LOL 1
  • Love 1