Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Stinger97

BB in the Media: Outside the Fishbowl

1 hour ago, Vixenstud said:

What the?  How in the bluedilly hell did this happen?!

That's fucking great!

giggling .... By the questions that Andy asked he must be a real true fan.  I'm sure he said Mishie on purpose as well as Mishie (correction Michie) and Jackson.  🙄

I did get a kick out of Dan Rather and Henry Winkler ping-ponging their heads back and forth from Andy to Nicole during the Q&A.  😁

Edited by Ellee
  • Like 2
  • Laugh 3

Have we ever had a season before where the AFP pick was this much more popular with the media than the actual winner?  

• Like 12

50 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Have we ever had a season before where the AFP pick was this much more popular with the media than the actual winner?  

Not a one....nay, nay, nay!  (For you History of the World, Part I fans out there!)

Anywho, just watched WWHL; big fan of Henry Winkler, he and Dan Rather together were great.  Nicole looked nice as well.

• Like 6

Question. Are any of the other HGs doing interviews aside from Nicole?

Interesting that Nicole hasn't watched back any footage. I almost get the feeling she's afraid to. 

I thought Dan Rather and Henry looked sort of bemused, like "Who is she and what's she talking about?" (The face I make when people discuss The Bachelor.) 

Celebrity is so weird, isn't it? But she's certainly one of the more appealing and likeable unexpected celebrities we've had. 

• Like 2

Well now that Jackson is $500,000 richer I guess Holly's decided to hitch her wagon to the gravy train:

• Surprise 1

1 hour ago, Growsonwalls said:

Well now that Jackson is $500,000 richer I guess Holly's decided to hitch her wagon to the gravy train:

I don't know why it always surprises me when these showmances actually stick together for far longer after the show is done. Once again, I get duped by Jackson/Holly still being together when I was convinced that he'd dump her ass after Vegas. 

I still put their longevity at just under six months, but watch them be the next Marlena and stick together for far longer and make us all suffer whenever they somehow pop back into the reality tv news for whatever reason (bad break-up, probably with Jackson cheating on her or something).

• Like 6

Now that Auli'i Cravalho is the lead in the Live Little Mermaid, and they have released some pics of her in costume, I now understand Nicole's hair.

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/abc-the-little-mermaid-live-cast

On 10/4/2019 at 7:31 PM, HartofDixie said:

Jesus H, Jackson.  

Anyone remember the movie Tron from the early 80s?  I'm getting serious Master Control Program vibes from Jackhole.

image.thumb.png.3a2f260b6742ce01f1b0db8ecb7f0da6.png

• Like 1
  • Laugh 1

13 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Paulie and Cara have broken up again

Who?

and who?

😉 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 2

19 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Yeah, after allegations came out that he was cheating, and she saved his ass by saying they had an open relationship. She's no prize, but GIRL. RUN.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nashville said:
19 hours ago, RandomWatcher said:

Who?

and who?

😉

I know, right?

On 10/6/2019 at 10:31 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know why it always surprises me when these showmances actually stick together for far longer after the show is done

These shows, and those like them, actually have a better track record for marriage than The Bachelor franchise.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, IndyMischa said:

Yeah, after allegations came out that he was cheating, and she saved his ass by saying they had an open relationship. She's no prize, but GIRL. RUN.

Honestly, maybe I'm just too sensitive, but I abhor cheaters. Absolutely despise and detest them. Cheaters deserve no sympathy, and if someone I knew cheated on their S.O., well, they better fucking find some other shoulder to cry on. Mine won't be available.

I just do not understand why people do that: to strip off naked, climb into bed with someone who is not the one you pledged allegiance to, and, what? It was an accident? You both happened to drop your clothes and fall into bed at the same time? And then to go home and lie right to the face of the person you "supposedly" "love"? If you don't love them and are not willing to be faithful and keep your genitals covered until someone better comes along, then don't fucking marry them!!!

People who cheat on people they "love," do not deserve happiness.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

On 8/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, Melina22 said:

He wasn't just charming, he had this disarming way of always telling the truth in such a way that no one ever believed anything bad about him. For example, he was constantly telling everyone they shouldn't trust him because he lied all the time, and people would giggle and go, "Ha! You're a hoot!" And believe whatever he said. Of course, he was usually lying.

Yeah, I'm failing to see what type of charisma Dr. Will holds over Big Brother viewers, other than the "Well, you had to be there"-type sentiments people seem to have. Which is perfectly fine. I suspect I may hold a "Adam Klein is my favourite Survivor winner ever!" sentiment for a little while, and very few will agree with me. And again, that is fine.

But every time I've happened to see Dr. Will in the recent seasons, I'm always impressed with how much younger he looks every season, compared to the previous season. I mean, the dude is 46, and also a dermatologist, but is that the reason he looked 25 last year, and 21 this year?

On 8/30/2019 at 2:33 PM, Eolivet said:

However, I will strenuously object to anyone putting Derrick over either one of them. Every time I see an argument like "Derrick never would've allowed himself to get in that situation," I want to scream, "He was a ringer! An undercover cop! It was literally his job to blend in with people! It's like being shocked that the NFL quarterback can play college ball!" And he only won 6-3, besides.

On 8/30/2019 at 4:35 PM, Scout Finch said:

Derrick immediately lost me with the whole oft-repeated, "You're taking food out of my daughter's mouth!!" a) Everyone else had as much right as he did to win, and b) he chose to leave his job and not provide for his family, i.e. "put food in his daughter's mouth" for three months.

Oh man, that is one excuse that drives me so goddamn crazy. Honestly, if I was in the BB Canada house, and someone said that to me, I'd be all, "Well, why the fuck did you not stay home and work 9-5 Monday-to-Friday, and guarantee that your daughter always has a meal in front of her, rather than abandoning her for a 1-in-16 chance that you may win the grand prize?!!"

Yay, good for parents for procreating. I'm aware that being a parent is difficult work, but I get annoyed when people purposefully choose a difficult path, and spend their remaining time whining and whinging to everyone in earshot about how the path they chose (ie. raising a child) is such hard work and no one else understands. Um, excuse me, you chose this fucking path!! Take your lazy outrage elsewhere. This shoulder is not for crying on!

• Like 5

On 10/7/2019 at 10:35 AM, Vixenstud said:

Was shocked to hear about this during the weekend....any BB fans that have watched from the beginning?

Aw, that's sad. Although to be honest, despite watching right from season 1, I don't remember Cassandra. 

On 10/6/2019 at 11:31 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I don't know why it always surprises me when these showmances actually stick together for far longer after the show is done. Once again, I get duped by Jackson/Holly still being together when I was convinced that he'd dump her ass after Vegas. 

I'm shocked! Then again, I suppose being with someone who helped you survive the trauma of the BB house probably helps you navigate the insane circus that hits you when you leave the house. Who else could possibly understand what you're going through?

Plus, Jackson is very aware of public perception. He probably knows perfectly well what we all expect him to do, and won't do it for at least a few months. Oh well, less embarrassing for Holly, at least. 

Any report on the other devoted and perfectly matched couple, Bella and Nick? 😁

1 hour ago, Melina22 said:

Any report on the other devoted and perfectly matched couple, Bella and Nick? 😁

Heh.

I'm pretty sure they don't even talk anymore. I'm pretty sure Sam was the only link holding them together, and it SEEMS like Bella won Sam in their break-up because I haven't really seen anything Sam/Nick related. Nick seems to be attached to Tommy instead. 

In other news, RHAP's Taran just did an interview with Nicole. It's quite long, because Taran is the type of podcaster/interviewer to go into detail about the game. He always goes week by week and breaks it down. 

I, for one, will be watching this interview in chunks. 

He also plans to interview Jackson and, I think, Holly. He also has plans to ask Christie for an interview. 

• Like 2

Oh good. I'm definitely going to check out Taran's interview. There's a void in my life where Taran's daily updates used to be. 😁

On 10/9/2019 at 6:04 PM, HeShallBMySquishy said:

Oh man, that is one excuse that drives me so goddamn crazy. Honestly, if I was in the BB Canada house, and someone said that to me, I'd be all, "Well, why the fuck did you not stay home and work 9-5 Monday-to-Friday, and guarantee that your daughter always has a meal in front of her, rather than abandoning her for a 1-in-16 chance that you may win the grand prize?!!"

I completely agree!  I would have more respect for someone saying, "While the kids are young I am going to give this a shot".

• Like 2

Finally, the Lance Bass Daily Popcast with Miche is released today. I'm five minutes into the episode and he's already blaming editing.

He has an answer/excuse for everything. I didn't watch the feeds so I don't know this to be true, but he claims he didn't like David because David used the word "retard" a lot in the house. He also has shifty eyes or something. He also gives David a lot of credit for a strategy of getting into Miche's head that I just didn't see. I don't think David was a smart as Miche seems to give him credit for. 

His explanation for being mad at Holly for not wanting to have sex (though he says it wasn't just about sex) is also very self-centered and all about him. Never mind that they're on TV and that may have been her apprehension. 

I hate him even more after this interview. He seems very rehearsed and believes all the crap coming out of his mouth.

Edited by MitaJo
  • Like 3

@MitaJo

Lol I wasn’t going to listen to that one but now I am.  😁

I have to hear what he says and how he says it. Maybe he’s been taking a lot of flack?   Must have forgotten that David came right out and said being picked for Camp Comeback was gameplay on Michie’s part. 

On 10/4/2019 at 11:39 AM, Vixenstud said:

Not a one....nay, nay, nay!  (For you History of the World, Part I fans out there!)

Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise! 😄

• Laugh 3

8 hours ago, gatopretoNYC said:

Don't get saucy with me, Bearnaise! 😄

If I could kiss you right on the mouth, I would.

*It's good to be the King!*

Edited by Vixenstud
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 2

I must say it's kind of disappointing to see Nicole booking so many fan meet and greets and going the quasi-BB-alum-celeb route. I don't know why, I just expected her to be different.

• Like 1

Ok.  So I never really make it a point to listen to podcasts.  Lol, this year I did.  Enjoyed Taran Armstrong's podcast with Nicole.  She told Holly how much she enjoyed it. 

Holly's was just recently put up. 

ummm....wish I knew Taran.  I'd take him out and literally get him drunk on his patootie just to hear exactly what he was thinking during Holly's interview.  Watch it....ummm.... you'll see what I mean.  😁

• Useful 1