Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Watch Your Back

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Sandoval definitely sounds like an idiot and should’ve just stfu-ed about it all but Nikolai was 12 at the time and I also found his sage act super annoying. I blame the producers though, not the kid. They obviously think/know some people found it charming and had him do it again since people liked him so much back when he was 8 and spouting wisdom. It kinda worked at 8 but it was just dumb at 12, imo. Still, Sandoval this doesn’t make you look good at all.

I disagree when it comes to Mama. She’s thirsty and I think she’s literally part of why Brittany stays with him.

Yes, she definitely wants to hit it and I’m sure Jax would.

Do you call her Arinia for a reason? Just wondering if it means something because I’ve noticed you always do. I think what Ariana meant with that was that she would no longer be able to “make nice” and be fake friendly or film with them because they were crossing some line in her mind by pointing out the truth about her brother. I think she meant she wouldn’t be able to forgive them if it kept going, I don’t think it was some kind of threat against them. Like, she can get past all the other shit that goes down between them all but bringing up stuff about her brother would be going too far.

I literally think Jeremy is fugly and I did before all of this came out. He looks like Ariana somewhat but it doesn’t work on a male like it does on a female, I guess. He looks very rat-like. Weird mouth/nose area.

No I don’t call her that for a reason, I just type really fast because I normally type very long long rants(this episode quite a lot) and don’t care enough to correct my spelling.

This episode is still bothering me a week later. 

8 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

So, the Bravo app finally let me see the second half of the episode. I went into watching it with all of ^this^ vitriol towards Sandoval and Jeremy etc. in mind. I also had “liked” a lot of the #metoo type posts so I went into this FIRMLY in my mind to be outraged toward the men and take a Lala-level approach to Woman Power. I think my expectations were set too high here because, yes, a drunken Jeremy pawed at Stassi at the wedding and he SHOULD have kept his bleeping hands to himself. But I didn’t think Sandoval was the monster he was being made out to be in this situation. Stassi herself said that Sandoval was busy with his trumpet solo, and—from what I can tell—the girls weren’t saying Jeremy is always a creeper, but his drunken behavior one night is painting him as someone “not to be alone with.” People are also complaining about Schwartz not standing up for Hiswoman, but on the other side of the coin, Sandoval is being criticized for standing up for Hiswoman. So which is it? Should the guys be standing up for Theirwomen or not? Ariana was VERY upset, so Sandoval got impassioned in her (and her brother’s) defense. As for what Ariana meant at the dinner about how “They’re about to go somewhere they won’t ever be able to come back from,” she’s had YEARS of a bad relationship with these women. They’re not friends, and yet she was JUST starting to be okay with Katie—as long as Stassi and Kristen aren’t there to turn her. She was forced into filming this group dinner and probably didn’t want to be there in the first place but is trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that MAYBE they can at least have a decent evening as acquaintances. But as soon as they sit down she realizes “We have gathered here together this evening to ambush you about your brother!” Hell, yeah, she was pissed! And I’m sure she went running right home to Sandoval to tell him how these b!tches are bullying her yet again—now pulling her brother into it. So while I AGREE that what Jeremy did to Stassi was wrong, and it was ALSO sh!tty that here’s another #metoo and #timesup example of a woman being questioned or assuming she’s lying—100% that’s wrong—I can ALSO see where Sandoval is coming from and why he’s defending Ariana by defending Jeremy. The REAL sh!t-stirrer here is Scheana. Convenient that SHE’s the one to relay the story to Ariana—no doubt with her own exaggerations because she can’t stand the coven—and then immediately peaces out when the topic comes up at dinner. 

But, okay, enough with the heavy stuff. The moment of the week for me was God transferring George Michael’s musical talent into DJ Jazzy James via baptism. I died!! Sandoval might have his trumpet, jump rope, knife, outfits, etc, but does he have “Careless Whisper”-infused holy water seeping into his soul?! I think not! Of course I’m picturing George Michael breaking into “Faith” at the pulpit.

Yeah but what bugs me is FI

and Ariana’s refusal to even acknowledge that maybe her brothers behavior was unwanted and basically saying they were liars.

Also no, no one was mentioning what her brother did at dinner, Lala brought it up. So to me the two instigators seem to be Billie Lee and Lala. Billie didn’t tell Schena or Lala word for word what was said actually.. she mentioned said things but not everything Kristen and Stassi said. Also seems like Billie paraphrased some stuff do. I don’t get Billie as a person she really seems to like gossiping to people, I guess she’s perfect for reality tv but it bothers me.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 4

Yeah...I thought it was weird that Lala said she was going to bring it up because otherwise “no one would” - I was thinking, yeah and how would that be a problem? I guess she’s securing her place in the show. Billie probably is too. They know stirring shit up will ingratiate themselves with the producers.

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

. But I didn’t think Sandoval was the monster he was being made out to be in this situation. Stassi herself said that Sandoval was busy with his trumpet solo,

But that's the point. Sandoval WAS busy. So how would he know what Jeremy was up to? That's what bugs me the most about it. I get wanting to defend his gf; and, by extension, her brother. But he is saying that nothing happened, no way, no how....as if it's an indisputable fact. Yet he couldn't possibly have been watching Jeremy every minute, so HOW does he know??? His stance on this is just ignorant. And very disappointing. Because I've always loved FI Tom. 

• Love 23
1 minute ago, ghoulina said:

But that's the point. Sandoval WAS busy. So how would he know what Jeremy was up to? That's what bugs me the most about it. I get wanting to defend his gf; and, by extension, her brother. But he is saying that nothing happened, no way, no how....as if it's an indisputable fact. Yet he couldn't possibly have been watching Jeremy every minute, so HOW does he know??? His stance on this is just ignorant. And very disappointing. Because I've always loved FI Tom. 

This.  

• Love 5

I mean.. I have so many things to say about this episode. I feel like almost every girl on this show is a mean girl(except for Brittany) but seriously both Lala and Billie are mean girls who like to stir things up, Lala to cement her friendships with everyone. 

Im more bothered by the fact that no one can listen. Also.. while I know this show is fluff and most of the issues are because no one listens to each other and everyone just tells everything, like I’ve been saying this is a real issue. This isn’t a “you’re saying Rob made out with some girl but he didn’t! He doesn’t even make out with me!” Crap. This is a real serious issue that seems real off putting on this show when they seem to be treating it as a “Stassi doesn’t like someone and it causes tension within the group” story. That isn’t the case. I still am perplexed with why they made it into a show story when next Monday it looks like we’re dropping it.

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I miss the old TWoP forums, where bigots got castigated.

I don't. Because literally everyone got castigated. If you didn't end every freaking sentence with "IMO", you'd get a time-out. 

I'd rather just use the ignore feature and keep the lovely, fair mods we have now! 

• Love 24
18 hours ago, Batwings said:

This season has been mostly fun to watch and snark on, until now. This episode basically just left me disappointed in everyone. 

In Tom/Ariana for blindly defending Jeremy. In Schwartz for yet again, not standing up for his wife, Katie to his other spouse, Sandoval. For Brittany having to always call each parent to let them know what Jax did wrong. And did she say “I hope Meemaw (Mamaw? Whatever) doesn’t find out!” Why the hell does Meemaw need to know? Be an adult and deal with your relationship problems. Or don’t. But in the future, don’t sit and wonder why your family (minus Frostylips) hates your man. 

I have two points in defense of Brittany here:

1. Her family has already met Jax and I don't think they were 100% sold on him before this so it's not like this information is going to turn the tide from good relationship to bad relationship with her family.

2. The affair revelation happened on camera. If I had something significant happen to me on camera that I was sure would get aired, I would want to give my family the benefit of learning about it before the rest of the world is privy to my business. However, I'm not sure what the break was between filming and the show airing so it's entirely possibly that the call to daddy didn't have to be done in front of cameras either.

She tells her family too much about their relationship (but she also puts it all out there on TV as well so they'd find out anyway) but then turns around and tells Jax that her family's opinion means everything to her and he needs to figure out how to make her family love him. I have no problems with laying down expectations, especially in light of your partner being unfaithful, however, it really does seem like she's trying hard to be the woman that Jax changes his life for but it's not a process of patience with her, it's a matter of her holding it over him to force him to change to appease her. His history is enough evidence that this tactic doesn't motivate Jax, it just makes him double down in this facade of lying and cheating).

• Love 5

Ha! I got banned after calling someone a racist for saying that a small minority child belonged "in a cage." Actually, I don't even think I used the word "racist"--I think I just said, "Maybe you belong in a cage."

No I don’t call her that for a reason, I just type really fast because I normally type very long long rants(this episode quite a lot) and don’t care enough to correct my spelling.

Haha, I noticed it too--sorry, I can't help it; it's just how I'm wired. But because I'm wired that way, and because your spelling of her name is the same just about every time, I knew it was a typo as opposed to an ordinary misspelling. Sometimes one's fingers just do not feel comfortable forming certain words with a keyboard, no matter how often you might type those words! I do it to my own name all the time!

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 3
36 minutes ago, TattleTeeny said:

Ha! I got banned after calling someone a racist for saying that a small minority child belonged "in a cage." Actually, I don't even think I used the word "racist"--I think I just said, "Maybe you belong in a cage."

Haha, I noticed it too--sorry, I can't help it; it's just how I'm wired. But because I'm wired that way, and because your spelling of her name is the same just about every time, I knew it was a typo as opposed to an ordinary misspelling. Sometimes one's fingers just do not feel comfortable forming certain words with a keyboard, no matter how often you might type those words! I do it to my own name all the time!

I do it a lot but mostly because I’m making a point of something else and all that. Also I’m another person who didn’t like twop they were sticklers about a lot, to the point where I deleted my user name and then just read the forums and never posted again. This is way more laid back which I appreciate as we’re talking about tv shows for the most part. I know with reality tv, things get blurred here and there.

This is really the first episode where this show was annoying to me in a real Life sense but I’m mostly mad at the producers and editors for choosing to make a story out of this where we are never going to go back to it. I doubt very much we will ever address this again. If I’m wrong I’ll admit it but I know this show.

And the reunion who knows.. it seems like with the reunion random issues came up, like Schena all of a sudden getting upset that stassi made a comment about Kristen and Schena leaving the table and saying they had an eating disorder and it was clear she was joking and then at the reunion Schena made it a thing.. and everyone was like “okay” but Schena and Aririna were like “we don’t find those jokes funny” which I don’t either but also loved Schena was like “I’ve told you many times I don’t like it. I don’t know how to gain weight” and Stassi was like “okay well eat lots of Taco Bell!” Like im sorry I know eating disorders are serious but it did seem random for Schena to being it up at the reunion. And it was clearly a joke. Eating disorders are serious. I believe so and I think Stassi has an even said she had something like one at one point. Like Stassi said.. I think sometimes people just look for reasons to hate her. Sometimes it’s warranted with what she says other times, no and that’s what I worry will happen at the reunion. This will get twisted into something else.

• Love 2

I miss the old TWoP forums, where bigots got castigated.

Heh. I was banned for calling Lauren Conrad whiny & pathetic.

I find Billie too much of a try hard. Nothing anyone said about Jeremy would've deterred her from taking that date.  She's there for the cameras.  Which again, they all are, I just don't find her interesting (even with what should be an intriguing background).

• Love 8
2 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

Not exactly the same, but I’ve used VPR characters’ names so often, they just started showing up in my autocorrect...

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 7

What?! I liked LC and don't really agree (though it has been so long that maybe I would on rewatch?) but how in the hell is that even an infraction?

• Love 8
3 hours ago, snarts said:

I find Billie too much of a try hard. Nothing anyone said about Jeremy would've deterred her from taking that date.  She's there for the cameras.  Which again, they all are, I just don't find her interesting (even with what should be an intriguing background).

Really? I only watched The Hills years later and she was kinda whiny and pathetic. I do kinda respect her though.

I do miss strict TWoP rules of cordiality once in awhile - but they did go overboard sometimes for no real reason. I got in trouble once for something not even offensive in a freaking Top Chef episode - seriously? 

Edited by Jennifersdc
Minor
  • Love 4
8 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Meh.  I got banned from TWOP for saying slut shaming a married woman for blowing her husband was wrong.

I got banned from TWOP for starting a sentence with "um...". Good times!

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has said about Jeremy because most of it was stated much more eloquently than I would express it, so instead I'll just mention that a clip of Lala talking about her music and saying "spreading my legs" (I think she meant to say wings?) made it on Joel McHale's show on Netflix. 

Also Billie needs to take her vocal fry down several notches. 

• Love 5
6 hours ago, ivygirl said:

Not exactly the same, but I’ve used VPR characters’ names so often, they just started showing up in my autocorrect...

Me too and that’s why I thought “Arinia” might mean something, because mine just changes it to Ariana. I kind of want to call her Arinia now though because I don’t think she’s important enough to properly spell her name , but I’m also OCD so I notice this shit.

6 hours ago, TattleTeeny said:

What?! I liked LC and don't really agree (though it has been so long that maybe I would on rewatch?) but how in the hell is that even an infraction?

I kinda liked her too but I do think she was whiny.

1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I got banned from TWOP for starting a sentence with "um...". Good times

I didn’t get banned but I got warned and I think there were 3 days or so that I couldn’t post, for starting a sentence with “uh” and it wasn’t even in a rude way, I used it in a confused context. I think the current boards have the proper blend of rules and relaxed most of the time.

Vanderpump Rules Party podcast put up a new interview they did with Jeremy where he addressed this episode. He basically says that Stassi was sitting in the corner being standoffish at the wedding and he was joking with the Toms about it and decided to go over there to get her to lighten up. (Whatever, dude.) He acknowledged that if he was making someone uncomfortable he shouldn’t do the thing that was making them uncomfortable anymore. That’s the gist, not verbatim.  He said that he and Stassi are okay now but he said she was always stand-offish and he was just joking with her. He made sure to say he was sleeping with some other chick already, who was at the wedding, so no way, no how was he hitting on Stassi or anyone, or creepy. He explained away his domestic violence stuff, saying it was all dropped and he and The Who accuses him women moved together and dated another year after the charges. So that tells me exactly why she dropped the charges..she got back with him. If anything..that makes it more likely to be true. Would he get back with a woman who filed false charges? I still don’t have the greatest impression of him.

The interview is SO CRINGEWORTHY to listen to...mostly because the hosts of the podcast are kissing up to him so much and fan girling all over him. It’s embarrassing, imo (haha), they’re both pushing 40. Jeremy has that kind of fake “thug” talk thing going like Lala. He kind of reminds me of Rob Kardashian in the way he speaks (not a compliment). The other notable thing is he said that Billie is his “little stoner buddy” and then said she was his best friend. I didn’t get the impression it was at all romantic between them. I think he likes her as a person and whatever but I do think the date was a way to get screen time. He made it very clear he’s down for more screen time in the interview.

Oh! He also said he will not be at the reunion, nor does he think Faith will be. He said that Logan and James don’t get along anymore but they were just hanging out at some party they were all at. (There, now you don’t have to listen to 50 minutes of crap to get this info.)

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 22
26 minutes ago, Rebecca said:

Me too and that’s why I thought “Arinia” might mean something, because mine just changes it to Ariana. I kind of want to call her Arinia now though because I don’t think she’s important enough to properly spell her name , but I’m also OCD so I notice this shit.

I didn’t get banned but I got warned and I think there were 3 days or so that I couldn’t post, for starting a sentence with “uh” and it wasn’t even in a rude way, I used it in a confused context. I think the current boards have the proper blend of rules and relaxed most of the time.

Vanderpump Rules Party podcast put up a new interview they did with Jeremy where he addressed this episode. He basically says that Stassi was sitting in the corner being standoffish at the wedding and he was joking with the Toms about it and decided to go over there to get her to lighten up. (Whatever, dude.) He acknowledged that if he was making someone uncomfortable he shouldn’t do the thing that was making them uncomfortable anymore. That’s the gist, not verbatim.  He said that he and Stassi are okay now but he said she was always stand-offish and he was just joking with her. He made sure to say he was sleeping with some other chick already, who was at the wedding, so no way, no how was he hitting on Stassi or anyone, or creepy. He explained away his domestic violence stuff, saying it was all dropped and he and The Who accuses him women moved together and dated another year after the charges. So that tells me exactly why she dropped the charges..she got back with him. If anything..that makes it more likely to be true. Would he get back with a woman who filed false charges? I still don’t have the greatest impression of him.

The interview is SO CRINGEWORTHY to listen to...mostly because the hosts of the podcast are kissing up to him so much and fan girling all over him. It’s embarrassing, imo (haha), they’re both pushing 40. Jeremy has that kind of fake “thug” talk thing going like Lala. He kind of reminds me of Rob Kardashian in the way he speaks (not a compliment). The other notable thing is he said that Billie is his “little stoner buddy” and then said she was his best friend. I didn’t get the impression it was at all romantic between them. I think he likes her as a person and whatever but I do think the date was a way to get screen time. He made it very clear he’s down for more screen time in the interview.

Oh! He also said he will not be at the reunion, nor does he think Faith will be. He said that Logan and James don’t get along anymore but they were just hanging out at some party they were all at. (There, now you don’t have to listen to 50 minutes of crap to get this info.)

Thanks for the info. And ew on everything in that interview.

Again it feels like this story should have never made it into an episode. But whatever I can’t talk about it anymore as I’m always going to be back in a “ive been here before, I remember this tree” moment that I can’t get out of it.

Now to funnier things I haven’t really discussed: Schena coming to Jax’s birthday just to yell at him about Rob.. for reasons? Also love that Jax sounded complently sane for himself as he explained exactly what had happened. Seriously Jax told Schena is pretty much what Rob had said to both him and Tom(contrast that with Billies explanation of her talk with Stassi and Kristen and then with  schena and Lala where she seemed to leave a few things out that Stassi and Kristen had said). 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I don't want to repeat what everyone else has said about Jeremy because most of it was stated much more eloquently than I would express it, so instead I'll just mention that a clip of Lala talking about her music and saying "spreading my legs" (I think she meant to say wings?) made it on Joel McHale's show on Netflix. 

I confess that there have been so many times I’ve wanted to start a sentence here with “Um” or “Uhhhh...—directed at characters, not board folks—and I stop myself. Otherwise I’d be um-ing and uhhh-ing on the VPR board all the time... especially Scheana and Stassi. Sandoval would’ve gotten quite a few Uhhhhhhs from me this week, as would Brittany (for throwing Jax a party AND a trip).

And holy cow, Joel has a new show?!?! There have been so many times I think about how they’d mock this show on The Dearly Departed Soup (or even People’s Couch) and now I can get my fix???

• Love 4
28 minutes ago, ivygirl said:

I confess that there have been so many times I’ve wanted to start a sentence here with “Um” or “Uhhhh...—directed at characters, not board folks—and I stop myself. Otherwise I’d be um-ing and uhhh-ing on the VPR board all the time... especially Scheana and Stassi. Sandoval would’ve gotten quite a few Uhhhhhhs from me this week, as would Brittany (for throwing Jax a party AND a trip).

And holy cow, Joel has a new show?!?! There have been so many times I think about how they’d mock this show on The Dearly Departed Soup (or even People’s Couch) and now I can get my fix???

Yup Joel has a new show, every Sunday on Netflix. And he did make fun of one scene on VPR, the episode when Kristen went to pick up her things at Toms and she wanted the dvr and Tom was like “but theres a show I haven’t finished yet..”

I start a lot of my feelings on various shows with “um..uh.. what?” Especially this one. I do like the lack rules here, granted I use my ignore button sometimes but misspellings grammar proper opening of sententens.. eh, at least for when I’m posting a tv show. For applications, essays, etc yes always but here.. I’m posting about Vanderpump Rules and normally about a stupid plot point.

Except this episode. This episode bothers me so much and I’m mostly mad at editing production for letting it happening. And letting it be a story that I just know will be twisted into something else entirely at the reunion if brought up.

Also I don’t know if we need to do this but.. just taking precaution 

Spoiler

Per Jax’s Instagram story they are filming the reunion tomorrow. Isn’t that like an all day thing? These crazy people have to give up st paddy’s day partying to film?

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Meh.  I got banned from TWOP for saying slut shaming a married woman for blowing her husband was wrong.

Married couple doing sexual things To Each Other???  The horror!!!!  She's blowing her OWN Husband, which is the opposite of being a slut! 

I only discovered TwoP after it was taken down and could only read a few pages here and there in the archives.  I did get some laughs when it was snarking on annoying people and characters.

They used to censor posts on IMDb as well.  They took all the threads and posts down and you can only write movie reviews.  Out of all the tv-posting sites, this is my favourite.  I like sites that allow freedom of speech from people, but the posters tend to self-moderate anyway, and there seem to be less trolls on here.  Most posts I've read have been intelligent and interesting.  I enjoy reading different POV of people watching the shows.  I wish there was a movie version of this site... is there?? 

18 hours ago, snarts said:

Anyone who works at SUR or watches VR couldn't care less if a person is gay, bi or trans.  We only care about the quality of people (which, let's face it - is not that high).  If we don't like Billie, it's not because she's trans, but we just don't like who she is as a person.  I'm still more on the neutral side when it comes to Billie, but like I've said, if I don't like her, it's because she's not a good person, not because she's transgender.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

I got a ban for saying, "I'm sorry, but...." - They HATED if you started a sentence with, "I'm sorry, but..."

Sooooo many of the voices on his show drive me nuts! Scheana and Billie are probably the worst.

• Love 4
13 hours ago, Rebecca said:

So basically Stassi doesn’t smile enough and needs some guys to tell her to smile more. Got it.

I haven’t even seen this episode yet and I’m already sick of the Maddox family BS.

• Love 12
15 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

This episode bothers me so much and I’m mostly mad at editing production for letting it happening. And letting it be a story that I just know will be twisted into something else entirely at the reunion if brought up.

Absolutely!  Without a doubt, they're going to turn the whole story into being about something else.  If they were actually going to address the topic, Jeremy would have been invited to speak for himself. Ugh. 

• Love 2
18 hours ago, MVFrostsMyPie said:

Billie's vocal fry will never top Raquel's.  I'm glad that Raquel is basically a mute because I am inches away from blind rage every single time she talks.

17 hours ago, Rebecca said:

So Stassi needs to smile more and the whole tumultuous fight and make-up situation isn't how 99% of DV cases go.  Okay, Jeremy.  The getting back together and dropping charges thing is so prevalent but I just do not have the energy for a well thought out rant and I know I'd mainly be preaching to the choir anyway.

5 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

Married couple doing sexual things To Each Other???  The horror!!!!  She's blowing her OWN Husband, which is the opposite of being a slut! 

I only discovered TwoP after it was taken down and could only read a few pages here and there in the archives.  I did get some laughs when it was snarking on annoying people and characters.

They used to censor posts on IMDb as well.  They took all the threads and posts down and you can only write movie reviews.  Out of all the tv-posting sites, this is my favourite.  I like sites that allow freedom of speech from people, but the posters tend to self-moderate anyway, and there seem to be less trolls on here.  Most posts I've read have been intelligent and interesting.  I enjoy reading different POV of people watching the shows.  I wish there was a movie version of this site... is there?? 

Anyone who works at SUR or watches VR couldn't care less if a person is gay, bi or trans.  We only care about the quality of people (which, let's face it - is not that high).  If we don't like Billie, it's not because she's trans, but we just don't like who she is as a person.  I'm still more on the neutral side when it comes to Billie, but like I've said, if I don't like her, it's because she's not a good person, not because she's transgender.

It's probably the words I chose to use.  There may have been a slut or dick or fuck in there or it's possible I started the sentence with um ;-)  Women being called a slut etc. for the most basic of normal human sexual behavior is more annoying to me than Raquel's vocal fry.  

• Love 8

I don't miss TWoP, the mods were power-mad lunatics and stifled far too many conversations with their endless rules. I can't even listen to NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour b/c Miss Alli hosts it and she was a nightmare. This site is 1 million times better.

Jeremy can miss me with his spin on these events. DId he forget that Stassi wasn't the only person saying he was creepy? Katie mentioned that other women came up to her at her own wedding to complain about him. Billie did not seem to be aware that Jeremy was just asking her to drinks as a buddy and as a screentime partner. Or maybe she just had us all fooled (which is probably the case). I know that I have no desire to see Jeremy get more screentime, accusations aside, he's just not that interesting to me.  

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 11

After listening to the podcast I have come to the conclusion that Jeremy is, above all else, dumb.  He just doesn't sound very intelligent when he talks.  He's not eloquent and his thoughts do not seemed very nuanced.  He might be the dumbest one on VPR.  I think he also has issues.  He's 24 or 25 and twice divorced.  He said he was with the woman in the DV case for 4 years (his first marriage).  The DV case was when he was 18.  Either he started with the older woman from the DV case before he was 18 or he gets married and divorced really quickly.  Or both.  But I think maybe he started up with her when he was ~15 or 16 because it sounded like they moved to FL and stayed together for a year after the DV arrest.  He says he felt manipulated into the relationship in his first marriage and made it sound like the DV stuff was all her being jealous and crazy.  Not knowing the facts, I could give him the benefit of the doubt and believe it possible it might have gone down that way, especially if the relationship started when he was 15.   However, it still sounds like he might have a penchant for chaotic relationships.  Did The Amazing Ariana talk about having a troublesome childhood?  I kind of remember something about their dad dying, but not sure if I'm mistaken, and maybe there was more?  Or maybe it was just the crazy relationship with someone old enough to be his parent at such a young age that messed him up.   

I do think that he did not mean to be creepy.  But most creeps don't.  He still doesn't seem to understand that he doesn't have a right to touch a woman whenever he wants even if it's just for shits and giggles and not for sex or violence.  It also bothers me that the podcast repeatedly says "it was just a hug."  I saw the video.  It was not just a hug.  She was trying to walk away and he stopped her from doing so by pulling her back to him and wrapping himself around her.  And even if it was just a hug, it was still unwanted.  It was also said if he was being creepy why didn't she tell him at the time, why did she wait a year and bring it up on TV.  But in my experience, if someone is just being kind of creepy you usually don't go "hey! you're a creepster!", you just try to get yourself out of the situation without ruffling any feathers, especially if nothing dangerous is happening because you know if you do, something like the scene with FI in Katie's apartment is going to happen.  Been there, done that, x1000.  I don't think Stassi and Kristin were looking for a reason to bring it up, they only did so because they were concerned for Billie and they seemed uncomfortable talking about it. 

• Love 14
On 3/16/2018 at 6:21 PM, snarts said:

That’s bc as the first openly trans main cast member, she has to be love and light to teach the world that all trans are wonderful people. For right now, she’s the trans spokesperson.

After they’ve been on TV a few years and gain more acceptance, they’ll get their own reality shows with them being backstabbing and vicious like everyone else in reality.

• Love 4
On 3/14/2018 at 1:59 AM, Otherkate said:

I think - for a change - Stassi was being careful with what she was saying about Jeremy. And I think that's part of why she freaked out and said she was tired of "defending men".

This was a VERY bad look for Sandoval. Honestly, I don't think I can look at him the same way again. He was the perfect example of why women don't report abuse and harassment. Not only did he straight up call them liars, I found his tone to be aggressive and completely outrageous. Fuck him.

Also - Katie, you need a new husband. 

If I could like this post a hundred times over, I would! :D

On 3/14/2018 at 2:02 AM, Fiero425 said:

Jeremy being annoying! Like none of them get drunk and act a fool! The hypocrisy of it all! ;-(

How you can compare someone who has been charged with DV and a group of 30 somethings getting drunk and acting like fools makes me shake my head. You're out of your mind.

• Love 9
15 minutes ago, aussieinsydney said:

If I could like this post a hundred times over, I would! :D

How you can compare someone who has been charged with DV and a group of 30 somethings getting drunk and acting like fools makes me shake my head. You're out of your mind.

I'm trying not to equate anything; just saying "NO ONE HAS CLEAN HANDS!" ;-)

12 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I wish there was a movie version of this site... is there?? 

9 hours ago, OnceSane said:

We have a Movies section found here.

LOL I thought @SarahPrtr was asking if there was an actual movie version of PTV. Like: “PTV: The Movie.” I’m tired.

@OnceSane‘s response makes more sense.

Edited by ivygirl
  • Love 6
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:07 PM, Fiero425 said:

I'm not justifying anything; I just don't care! She's a rotten person who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt! Stassi isn't one of those people who makes mistakes often; she's calculating and goes out of her way to HURT people! Cry me a river someone pawed her in a drunken state! She ought to be lucky to get any attention with the way she's behaved over the years! ;-(

Okay. That's enough.

On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 2:52 PM, ghoulina said:

So now not only does it not matter that she was forced into an extra long hug with someone she clearly didn't want to be hugged by, because she's a bitch, so it doesn't matter what happens to her....but now she should be GRATEFUL that a man, any man, is willing to put his hands on her??? Wow. No words. 

Why isn't there a nice, middle ground between "I hate my body" and "My pussy is so amazing!"???

Since more than half of all humans have "pussies", they aren't that amazing or unique. My power is in my mind not my pussy.

• Love 6
16 hours ago, ghoulina said:

I got a ban for saying, "I'm sorry, but...." - They HATED if you started a sentence with, "I'm sorry, but..."

Sooooo many of the voices on his show drive me nuts! Scheana and Billie are probably the worst.

You were guilty as was I of board on boards. Whatever the fuck that meant was a mystery to all.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Higgins said:

Billie is too aware of the cameras. She comes across inauthentic.

And boring. Every conversation with her (besides when she’s occasionally playing gossip telephone) is about her being transgender. We get it. Got anything else to talk about?

The transgender friends I have (not that many) are actually loathe to talk about it as a perpetual conversation. They’re girls (don’t know any boys) - period - end of story. Though my friend Trixie was pretty happy to talk about her new vagina when she first she got it (years and years ago).

I get she’s on the show as a PSA. That’s great - but to me being the only authentic conversations she has with the rest of the cast (oh Billie - you’re so cool..so brave...blah blah blah...) actually makes them act like transgender is less normal than I think they should. It’s science Yo (shout out to Jesse Pinkman).

I just don’t think her “part” was very well cast. I nominate Jiggly Caliente. Mama Ru is brilliant at casting. Though Jiggly is probably too large and arguably not good looking enough to be cast on VP Rules. World according to LVP - transgender is great - but don’t be fat or unattractive! I do think she got her teeth fixed though.

Re TWoP - yes WTF was Board on Boards? Forgot about that one.

• Love 5
On 3/16/2018 at 5:21 PM, snarts said:

Heh- you spoke the truth!

I was thinking it would be funny to call myself TwopHoward here and send people notes like: “BANNED for using IMHO” and basically haunt everyone’s nightmares!

• Love 11
14 hours ago, PetuniaP said:

I don't miss TWoP, the mods were power-mad lunatics and stifled far too many conversations with their endless rules. I can't even listen to NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour b/c Miss Alli hosts it and she was a nightmare. This site is 1 million times better.

Jeremy can miss me with his spin on these events. DId he forget that Stassi wasn't the only person saying he was creepy? Katie mentioned that other women came up to her at her own wedding to complain about him. Billie did not seem to be aware that Jeremy was just asking her to drinks as a buddy and as a screentime partner. Or maybe she just had us all fooled (which is probably the case). I know that I have no desire to see Jeremy get more screentime, accusations aside, he's just not that interesting to me.  

Ack!  Miss Allie.  Her and her suck ups made the Survivor thread unbearable. 

Rockstar: INXS got me on trouble at TWOP.  I loved Peaches aka mmmmmMarty and apparently inadvertently insulted the homeless, fake elvis guy.  Which sent several of his fans into a.......tizzy.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, dosodog said:

Ack!  Miss Allie.  Her and her suck ups made the Survivor thread unbearable. 

Rockstar: INXS got me on trouble at TWOP.  I loved Peaches aka mmmmmMarty and apparently inadvertently insulted the homeless, fake elvis guy.  Which sent several of his fans into a.......tizzy.

I posted a "yawn" after being excoriated for something and I was sanctioned by the site! I got a point for something as banal as dismissing someone's comment! ;-(

• Love 4
13 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

It also bothers me that the podcast repeatedly says "it was just a hug."  I saw the video.  It was not just a hug.  She was trying to walk away and he stopped her from doing so by pulling her back to him and wrapping himself around her.  And even if it was just a hug, it was still unwanted.  It was also said if he was being creepy why didn't she tell him at the time, why did she wait a year and bring it up on TV.  But in my experience, if someone is just being kind of creepy you usually don't go "hey! you're a creepster!", you just try to get yourself out of the situation without ruffling any feathers, especially if nothing dangerous is happening because you know if you do, something like the scene with FI in Katie's apartment is going to happen

I agree 100% and just couldn't understand why there wasn't more uproar online after the episode aired.  We all know Stassi was probably completely wasted, but his actions concerned her enough that she was really uncomfortable.  You could see it in her face.  He referred to past actions that weren't shown on the video, which sent up a red flag to me, as well.  It was just all skeevy and it's made me not like the podcast hosts now.  They blew it off too easily.  Bad form. 

I thought it was very un-Stassi-like NOT to make a big deal of it and it still bit her in the butt. Do you think they had agreed beforehand not to mention it on camera and that's why she said, "I'm tired of protecting men."???

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Higgins said:

Since more than half of all humans have "pussies", they aren't that amazing or unique. My power is in my mind not my pussy.

But it's the alliteration.  She's so proud of herself for it. Mind starts with an "m," so it wouldn't work for her. 

5 hours ago, Higgins said:

You were guilty as was I of board on boards. Whatever the fuck that meant was a mystery to all.

Ohmygosh! Boards on boards. Those damn rules made it virtually impossible to talk to anyone else! 

59 minutes ago, sadiebyuca said:

I agree 100% and just couldn't understand why there wasn't more uproar online after the episode aired.  We all know Stassi was probably completely wasted, but his actions concerned her enough that she was really uncomfortable.  You could see it in her face.  He referred to past actions that weren't shown on the video, which sent up a red flag to me, as well.  It was just all skeevy and it's made me not like the podcast hosts now.  They blew it off too easily.  Bad form. 

I thought it was very un-Stassi-like NOT to make a big deal of it and it still bit her in the butt. Do you think they had agreed beforehand not to mention it on camera and that's why she said, "I'm tired of protecting men."???

Yea, I agree that it's very odd that nothing was said until Billie was asked out. Doesn't seem like Stassi. So it DOES make one wonder if there was some "agreement" of sorts. Although, was the wedding the season finale? If so, maybe she did talk about it to certain people, but filming was over. By the time the cameras came back around, there were other issues at the forefront. 

I agree with all that are saying it was more than a hug. I don't think you need to necessarily ask someone before you give them a hug. But if it's quite apparent said person isn't into the hug, back the fuck off. Stassi was absolutely trying to walk away/push him away, and he kept putting his arms all around her. And this was happening very publicly, so she probably didn't want to make a scene. You could see the emotions alternating on her face. She had that "heh heh" awkward smile going on, but she was soooo not comfortable. 

2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Heh- you spoke the truth!

I was thinking it would be funny to call myself TwopHoward here and send people notes like: “BANNED for using IMHO” and basically haunt everyone’s nightmares!

LOL, Howard was my LEAST favorite of all. Do not do that to us!!!!

• Love 8

I got a demerit on my TWOP permanent record for talking about one of the Bachelor previews that they showed DURING the show. You know how they’re always hyping the next episode or the rest of the season as PART of the show we’re currently watching. I got in trouble for spoilers or not keeping it to the current episode or whatever. I was afraid to try to explain that it WAS part of the current show—be happy it was a warning and not a banning. But, man, seeing that little +1 warning on my profile really upset me...as if it would affect future job prospects or something, lol. I’m a good person!

• Love 9
On March 16, 2018 at 1:39 PM, JenE4 said:

But, okay, enough with the heavy stuff. The moment of the week for me was God transferring George Michael’s musical talent into DJ Jazzy James via baptism. I died!! Sandoval might have his trumpet, jump rope, knife, outfits, etc, but does he have “Careless Whisper”-infused holy water seeping into his soul?! I think not! Of course I’m picturing George Michael breaking into “Faith” at the pulpit.

I was waiting for them to show a photo of baby James with GM it's kinda weird they didn't --if you google there are definitely pix out there.   Andros Georgiou sounds like a piece of work, he was a cousin of GM and his bitterness over their falling out has led to his saying lots of nasty things esp when GM died.    I wonder where James got the surname Kennedy from?

Maybe as a prank GM drizzled the musical talent of Andrew Ridgeley instead?

• Love 2
On 3/13/2018 at 8:01 AM, PetuniaP said:

I really couldn't agree with this more. The fact that this is still baffling to people shocks me. When was it ever ok to behave in a way that made someone else physically uncomfortable? So if I walked up to a man who I was attracted to and put my hand on his crotch, he should be cool with it because I was "flirting"? At best, he's swat my hand away and I'd have a lucky escape. Most men are physically stronger than most women, that intimidation factor and the threat of being physically hurt is inherent in any interaction where you are rejecting a man's advances, even when the guy is "well-meaning", so the onus is on men to make sure their advances are welcome. Men really have to stop thinking that acting otherwise was or is ever ok. Jeremey needs to learn how to read body language/ask for verbal consent and keep his grubby paws off of women who are uninterested in him. I don't care who the woman is, it has absolutely no bearing on his behavior. 

Doormat, misogynistic advice. If you want to stay with him, then treat him like a king and maybe, just MAYBE, he won't cheat on you again. I guess Brittany knows how to "keep a man" but no idea how to keep her dignity in the process. She's a fool and if that's the romantic advice her mother gave her, it's easy to see where she got it from. 

There's a lot of problematic male behavior on this show. From James flirting with Lala in front of his gf, Raquel, to Jax behaving like an absolute ass to his gf, Brittany, to Rob Valetta letting Scheana make an total fool of herself by telling her one thing off-camera and telling "the boys" something entirely different on-camera, to Sandoval standing up for a sexual predator. But yes, the REAL problem is Lala's "female empowerment act". Because that's the really terrible thing. 

Was Jeremy putting his hands on women's crotches? There is a BIG difference between that and what I saw of Jeremy's behavior on the wedding clip shown. I agree that one should respect whether or not physical contact is wanted, but I don't agree with equating what was shown with actual sexual assault.

• Love 1