Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E14: Watch Your Back

• Start Topic

38 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I've been thinking about it and decided that maybe Billie's retelling of Stassi and Kristin's warning to Lala and Scheena wasn't purposefully misrepresenting the intent of the message in order to stir the pot and start yet another fight between the witches and the "cool girls".  I'm going to hit on some potentially loaded subjects and I'm probably going to use the wrong language somewhere in this and fuck it up and piss someone off, bear with me and know that is not my intention to be disrespectful or upset anyone.  As a woman, I understood the nuances of what Stassi and Kristin were saying immediately.  The conversation was familiar to me.  It's one I've participated in numerous times.  I understood that it came from a place of looking out for Billie and not from malice towards Jeremy.  Growing up as a female you get used to dealing with creeps.  You get used to warning and being warned about them.  Sadly, it is just part of being a woman.  There's a shorthand and a nuance to the conversation that comes from the shared experience of our lives and dealing with this shit on the regular from a young age.  Billie, I'm sure, has had to deal with a lot of shit - not being trans, it isn't an experience I share with her, so I just can't even imagine what she has dealt with.  However, she grew up male on the outside, so while she has dealt with shit, it wasn't the same shit as someone growing up female in our society.  She doesn't have the same experience and socialization and wasn't familiar with the conversation being had and the nuances of it.  She's not familiar with the same alarm bells women have to have and listen to and what life has taught us from an early age, just as I probably wouldn't be as in-tune with things a transwoman has to worry about.  So she took the conversation more at face value rather than understanding what was really being said and interpreted it that way.  

This is such a complex and complicated subject and I understand where you're coming from, yourmomiseasy. You're not the only one thinking this- I saw a few comments on the Vulture recap discussing the issue.  I think this very well could be part of the equation, but it's obviously hard for me to know because I don't have the same lived experience as a trans woman. The scary thing about all of this to me was watching the episode and thinking about the high levels of violence against the transgender community. And intimate partner violence against trans women is so prevalent. My heart honestly skipped a beat for Billie when I saw her go on a date with a man who has DV accusations in his past.  I understand where Judi is coming from- I want her to find love and be happy, but I honestly feared for her with Jeremy.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 16
57 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I've been thinking about it and decided that maybe Billie's retelling of Stassi and Kristin's warning to Lala and Scheena wasn't purposefully misrepresenting the intent of the message in order to stir the pot and start yet another fight between the witches and the "cool girls".  I'm going to hit on some potentially loaded subjects and I'm probably going to use the wrong language somewhere in this and fuck it up and piss someone off, bear with me and know that is not my intention to be disrespectful or upset anyone.  As a woman, I understood the nuances of what Stassi and Kristin were saying immediately.  The conversation was familiar to me.  It's one I've participated in numerous times.  I understood that it came from a place of looking out for Billie and not from malice towards Jeremy.  Growing up as a female you get used to dealing with creeps.  You get used to warning and being warned about them.  Sadly, it is just part of being a woman.  There's a shorthand and a nuance to the conversation that comes from the shared experience of our lives and dealing with this shit on the regular from a young age.  Billie, I'm sure, has had to deal with a lot of shit - not being trans, it isn't an experience I share with her, so I just can't even imagine what she has dealt with.  However, she grew up male on the outside, so while she has dealt with shit, it wasn't the same shit as someone growing up female in our society.  She doesn't have the same experience and socialization and wasn't familiar with the conversation being had and the nuances of it.  She's not familiar with the same alarm bells women have to have and listen to and what life has taught us from an early age, just as I probably wouldn't be as in-tune with things a transwoman has to worry about.  So she took the conversation more at face value rather than understanding what was really being said and interpreted it that way.  

Why on earth would anything you've said here piss anyone off? I think your take on the situation is 100% right, very insightful comment. 

• Love 7

That's a really good point re: the DV.  Trans-women are more likely to face DV than any other group (I think I stated that fact correctly), so it is really scary to see her starting a relationship with someone that has an arrest record like Jeremy's.  His arrests were several years ago when he was just 18, so hopefully he has grown and changed, but it is still worrisome given the other stat and how good some abusers are at honing in on victims.

7 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

Why on earth would anything you've said here piss anyone off? I think your take on the situation is 100% right, very insightful comment. 

I 100% do not have the proper SJW lingo down, so I was worried about being inadvertently offensive by using the wrong words or just being too sweeping in generalizations.

ETA:  I'll have to check the Vulture recap out.  I normally avoid like the plague because I loathe Brian Moylan and do not find him to be witty or funny for the most part, which seems to make me a party of one.  I will admit he does have some occasional gems though. 

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 5

I’m still bothered by the episode, only because I still and yes I’ve said this many times don’t understand why the show made it into a story of at the end of it it just seems to be a way for Tom and Aririna to hate Stassi more. 

Also I’ve rewatched and again the restaurant  scene where Lala, Schena, and Aririna go head to head with Katie and Stassi and Kristen is interesting on rewatch. Kristen doesn’t really talk. Katie keeps prodding Stassi about the wedding and Stassi keeps trying to back off of saying anything. Also Schena leaves asap “I’m sorry but I have somewhere I need to be” the hell? That was odd. Like didn’t they all make plans for dinner or drinks or something? Also when Arinia gets upset and Lala comforts her and she leaves, Kristen seems to try and comfort her? Did anyone catch that? Out of the three, Stassi, katie and Kristen, she stood up and said goodbye? Are they sort of friends now? I only ask because I’ve seen like blips this season where they’re standing together and look to be enjoying each other’s company. Plus I know Kristen follows Arinia on instagram(probably twitter too). I never know with these people. 

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 5
13 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

That's a really good point re: the DV.  Trans-women are more likely to face DV than any other group (I think I stated that fact correctly), so it is really scary to see her starting a relationship with someone that has an arrest record like Jeremy's.  His arrests were several years ago when he was just 18, so hopefully he has grown and changed, but it is still worrisome given the other stat and how good some abusers are at honing in on victims.

I 100% do not have the proper SJW lingo down, so I was worried about being inadvertently offensive by using the wrong words or just being too sweeping in generalizations.

ETA:  I'll have to check the Vulture recap out.  I normally avoid like the plague because I loathe Brian Moylan and do not find him to be witty or funny for the most part, which seems to make me a party of one.  I will admit he does have some occasional gems though. 

oh god, people are such snowflakes these days. i focus on the overall message, not the words used, that's stupid, to me. 

but i think you're 100% right about billie.

Honestly, it crossed my mind that he's possibly using her. Jeremy moved here to pursue an acting career. I have to wonder if he'd tried to work it w/other girls are SUR, first, then Billie was a last resort, with the added bonus of boosting his career (exposure), since she's on the show. Or it could be that he genuinely found her attractive, who knows. It's just that most guys have a hard time getting past the whole trans thing. 

Edited by SheTalksShit
  • Love 8
22 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I haven't checked in a bit, but I don't remember anyone there stating it as well as you did, honestly.  I will say Brian went hard at Sandoval for attacking the women and he actually seemed to get the problem (but he didn't mention the DV stuff at all, which I understand since it wasn't part of the episode and Vulture might not have been ok with it).

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, SarahPrtr said:

I'm not defending FI's behaviour, but I know why he did it.  Because of Ariana.  In fact, what FI did was better than what Schwartz does for his wife - absolutely nothing.  I get why Ariana said what she said, because Jeremy is her brother.  Stassi would say the same thing if someone said that about her brothers.  When Nikolai is older and starts dating and women said the same thing about him, Stassi would probably physically attack them.

FI went on a pretty gross tirade about Stassi's little brother on a podcast last year.  There's over 5 minutes of a grown man making fun of how a little kid talks, casting aspersions on his education/intelligence, talking shit about where he is in life, and mentioning wanting to "drop kick him off the fucking planet".  It's not the same thing, but given that Nikolai is in elementary school and Tom is at least chronologically an adult, he was going in pretty hard.  I don't recall Stassi barging in anywhere and yelling vague threats at FI over it.  It starts about an hour and three minutes in.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Judi Sunshine said:

I agree that Jeremy was acting like a creeper at the wedding, but maybe would have wanted to hear other examples. If he WAS super drunk, it's still not at all okay, but since he is family to a friend and they've been around him more than just that one time, if he's not normally like that, I think it's kind of shitty drunkard etiquette to malign someone's character over one day. Call it creepy, tell him he should apologize or send a teary 6am video message -- all good! But I felt there is more to the story, maybe his past charges. If not, it felt unnecessarily Debbie Downer to me.

Maybe it's just because I want so much to see Billie happy. Even in a big city, I feel like that must be difficult, dating as a straight trans woman when you're in what would be potential childbearing years for cis women. Not everyone wants bio kids but so many do, like Billie's ex, possibly even Billie herself if she could in theory, and that must be a hard pill to swallow just as it is for any woman who can't have kids whether she wants to or not. Maybe it's that my only MtF friends are lesbians and it's easier than I think to date straight when you're a transgender woman. But it's still one of the topics that I see SO much hate brought out of and think that Jeremy's attitude is chill af and as a pansexual myself, I identify with it personally and would love to see more of it, even among those who still just want to date within the cis. And Billie shines around him, even more than usual. So I hope in the end he turns out to be a good dude. 

As much as I'd like to see Billie in a happy relationship, I think there is 0% chance that Jeremy will be the one. He's just another famewhore in search of a storyline. He's been lurking behind Tom and Ariana for a few seasons now and, maybe, if he's lucky, gets to say a line or two in a season. I think he has finally cottoned on the idea that a relationship is the way to gain some prominence, ala James Kennedy dating Kristen. But all of the main chickadees were taken, which leaves Billie, who also happens to be new to the show. Jeremy must have creamed his pants at the idea of having cameras on him without Ariana around. So not really buying this "Stassi is trying to kill the grand romance" fantasy that is being slung around. 

I get the feeling the wedding is not the first time Jeremy has been creepy anyway. Both Stassi and Kristen are well used to being hit on by drunken idiots. But they way they described Jeremy seemed to indicate a pattern of creepiness that reached an apex at the wedding. Pure speculation on my part but I'm sure more will come out to support my theory. 

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 18

Sadly, the Bravo app has crashed and it doesn’t let me get past the middle of the episode—which was mid-date with Billie and Jeremy. So I saw “the warning” and “the video tape” but not the apparently dramatic fight. But, wow, this is like Arie-dumped-Becca-for-Lauren kind of drama up in here! I don’t know the coded difference between ;-) and ;-( but i’m all

o O

>

~

reading this. Sounds like I missed SOME show—though it seems like this aftermath is more dramatic than the show itself (as with the aforementioned Bachelor).

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, SheTalksShit said:

PS: Jax is practically begging Brittany to break up w/him. 

The only people not begging Brittany to break up with Jax are her and her nutso family.

• Love 11
Just now, bosawks said:

The only people not begging Brittany to break up with Jax are her and her nutso family.

I think her family knows she loves him and so they sorta feel like they have to like him, if that makes sense. But if Brit got over him tomorrow and dumped him, they wouldn't shed any tears! 

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, MrsWitter said:

I haven't checked in a bit, but I don't remember anyone there stating it as well as you did, honestly.  I will say Brian went hard at Sandoval for attacking the women and he actually seemed to get the problem (but he didn't mention the DV stuff at all, which I understand since it wasn't part of the episode and Vulture might not have been ok with it).

I'll definitely check it out.  I used to find him funny but then it just started seeming like it was the same shit over and over again and a maybe too mean spirited for me (which is saying a lot).

16 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

Sadly, the Bravo app has crashed and it doesn’t let me get past the middle of the episode—which was mid-date with Billie and Jeremy. So I saw “the warning” and “the video tape” but not the apparently dramatic fight. But, wow, this is like Arie-dumped-Becca-for-Lauren kind of drama up in here! I don’t know the coded difference between ;-) and ;-( but i’m all

o O

>

~

reading this. Sounds like I missed SOME show—though it seems like this aftermath is more dramatic than the show itself (as with the aforementioned Bachelor).

;-( is what I look like with my resting bitch face when the antics on Bravo make my eye twitch.

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, bosawks said:

On a completely other note, as many have pointed out, I do think that Brittany's Mom is completely antiquated in her relationship beliefs (and doesn't have the best track record herself- hasn't she been married four times or something?"). Ultimately, though, I think Brittany's Mom just wants the fame of her daughter being on VR and being with Jax. I remember Brittany saying (either on VR or WWHL) that she never watched VR before she was on the show, but her Mom did. And in that horrible spinoff (which I, of course, watched), when Jax showed Brittany's Mom a picture of the ring he was going to propose with (uh hunh), she exclaimed, "So Jax Taylor is going to be my son-in-law??!!!" Something about the way she said it made me feel like it was more like, "Reality Star Jax Taylor is going to be my son-in-law! I'm going to be so famous!"

ETA: I wish I thought Brittany's family had her best interest at heart, but I don't think her Mom does. Her Dad might and maybe her sister does, but her Mom is thinking about all the different shades of frosty lipstick she can show off the longer her daughter is on the show.

Edited by MrsWitter
  • Love 15

but her Mom is thinking about all the different shades of frosty lipstick she can show off the longer her daughter is on the show.

Haha! I also noticed that Mama had dropped quite a bit of weight for her "surprise" appearance to comfort Brittany after Jax's cheating. She's probably already pitched "Real Housewives of Kentucky" to Andy Cohen. I don't think that Mama realizes that Brittany doesn't need sweaty Jax anymore. She's well integrated with the group of women on the show; all she needs is to hook up with one of the hot young studs that LVP keeps SUR stocked with and Brittany can have her own storyline. 

Speaking of Jax, where's that spiritual healer he was cozying up to and being "Jason" with? I want her to come back so that she take Jax off of Brittany's hands and free her!

Edited by PetuniaP
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, WhosThatGirl said:

I’m still bothered by the episode, only because I still and yes I’ve said this many times don’t understand why the show made it into a story of at the end of it it just seems to be a way for Tom and Aririna to hate Stassi more. 

Also I’ve rewatched and again the restaurant  scene where Lala, Schena, and Aririna go head to head with Katie and Stassi and Kristen is interesting on rewatch. Kristen doesn’t really talk. Katie keeps prodding Stassi about the wedding and Stassi keeps trying to back off of saying anything. Also Schena leaves asap “I’m sorry but I have somewhere I need to be” the hell? That was odd. Like didn’t they all make plans for dinner or drinks or something? Also when Arinia gets upset and Lala comforts her and she leaves, Kristen seems to try and comfort her? Did anyone catch that? Out of the three, Stassi, katie and Kristen, she stood up and said goodbye? Are they sort of friends now? I only ask because I’ve seen like blips this season where they’re standing together and look to be enjoying each other’s company. Plus I know Kristen follows Arinia on instagram(probably twitter too). I never know with these people. 

Yeah, about a month ago, Kristen said on WWHL that they were cool - not BFF, by any means, but they're very friendly. 

That may have changed since she saw this past episode, tho! Who knows. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

I don't think Brittany is smart enough to pull this move on purpose, but I wonder if her being so nice to him is thwarting his plans. He fully expected her to break up with him after the cheating and now he's still stuck with the most doting girlfriend in the whole world and will look EXTRA BAD if he cheats again.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, PetuniaP said:

Haha! I also noticed that Mama had dropped quite a bit of weight for her "surprise" appearance to comfort Brittany after Jax's cheating. She's probably already pitched "Real Housewives of Kentucky" to Andy Cohen. I don't think that Mama realizes that Brittany doesn't need sweaty Jax anymore. She's well integrated with the group of women on the show; all she needs is to hook up with one of the hot young studs that LVP keeps SUR stocked with and Brittany can have her own storyline. 

Speaking of Jax, where's that spiritual healer he was cozying up to and being "Jason" with? I want her to come back so that she take Jax off of Brittany's hands and free her!

Unfortunately, Brit doesn't wanna be freed :(

• Love 3
4 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

FI went on a pretty gross tirade about Stassi's little brother on a podcast last year.  There's over 5 minutes of a grown man making fun of how a little kid talks, casting aspersions on his education/intelligence, talking shit about where he is in life, and mentioning wanting to "drop kick him off the fucking planet".  It's not the same thing, but given that Nikolai is in elementary school and Tom is at least chronologically an adult, he was going in pretty hard.  I don't recall Stassi barging in anywhere and yelling vague threats at FI over it.  It starts about an hour and three minutes in.

Okay, that changes everything then.  I didn't know about the podcast.  I am unforgiving of any adult who does shit like that.  I have Veronica's voice in my head from Billy Madison where she yells "Making fun of a little boy for trying to read, are you PSYCHO?!!!"

• Love 7

I remember hearing about it, but I didn't listen to the podcast until today and until I did that, it seemed like much ado over nothing.  But after listening, FI was totally out of line.  James sounds like a voice of reason compared to him -- which is a sure sign he needs to slow his roll.

• Love 10

Perhaps I was imagining "stuff & thangs", but did FI Tom issue a thinly veiled THREAT to Katie - in her own home, and in the presence of his BFF and her ineffectual husband?

Because, ain't no haberdashery or excessive eyebrow grooming ever gonna fix THAT.

• Love 14
20 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Perhaps I was imagining "stuff & thangs", but did FI Tom issue a thinly veiled THREAT to Katie - in her own home, and in the presence of his BFF and her ineffectual husband?

Because, ain't no haberdashery or excessive eyebrow grooming ever gonna fix THAT.

Yup. And Schwartz talking head said “and then Tom is yelling at my wife and that’s not okay” but yet didn’t do anything? The Schwartz love I used to have is totally gone this season. He’s not a good husband at all.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, walnutqueen said:

Kinda makes you wish somebody would sic a tiger on him...

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

Yup. And Schwartz talking head said “and then Tom is yelling at my wife and that’s not okay” but yet didn’t do anything? The Schwartz love I used to have is totally gone this season. He’s not a good husband at all.

He's a schmuck.

You don't need to be a Katie to deserve so much better.

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Kinda makes you wish somebody would sic a tiger on him...

I will NEVER forgive or forget the despicable demise of my SHIVA.

I need LVP to tell Kirkman he's an awfully silly boy who has a lot in common with Jax - except for the sex ...

• Love 5

Sandoval and Ariana just flat out denying Jeremy did anything wrong at all no matter what made me so mad. They couldn’t even have said oh maybe he’s drunk. No they just went straight denial which is gross. Jeremy has always seemed like a creeper to me and I don’t want to see more of him. 

Also Lisa please shut up about him saving SUR..he discovered a fucking fire and used a fire extinguisher I’m assuming. He didn’t run into a burning building saving babies and the elderly.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, Marley said:

Sandoval and Ariana just flat out denying Jeremy did anything wrong at all no matter what made me so mad. They couldn’t even have said oh maybe he’s drunk. No they just went straight denial which is gross. Jeremy has always seemed like a creeper to me and I don’t want to see more of him. 

Also Lisa please shut up about him saving SUR..he discovered a fucking fire and used a fire extinguisher I’m assuming. He didn’t run into a burning building saving babies and the elderly.

This. I said something quite similar a few pages back. They refused to hear anything anyone was saying. And then my least favorite part-don’t get me wrong watching FI barged into an apartment just to scream is beyond awful but this was  what I hated- was when all the girls were out to dinner and Arinia starts getting upset and then Lala hugs her and starts saying about Katie and Stassi “they are about to go to a place where they cannot come back from”um.. what? 

• Love 5

Yea that was weird and kind of pathetic as well. No one is afraid of you Ariana you are a joke and disgusting honestly. Katie was actually being super chill about it all.

It sucks cause I used to really like Sandoval.

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, WhosThatGirl said:

was when all the girls were out to dinner and Arinia starts getting upset and then Lala hugs her and starts saying about Katie and Stassi “they are about to go to a place where they cannot come back from”um.. what? 

Well, IMHO, when Lala becomes the all knowing, sage, wise woman, voice of reason... we’re all about to go to a place we can not come back from. Ugh!

• Love 7
2 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Katie did just fine kicking FI's ass out on her own,.  I'm not sure what she actually needs Schwartz for and/or why she keeps him around thb.  He's useless.  He's cute and can be charming, but that only goes so far. 

• Love 7
18 minutes ago, AntAnn said:

Well, IMHO, when Lala becomes the all knowing, sage, wise woman, voice of reason... we’re all about to go to a place we can not come back from. Ugh!

My hand-basket's already decorated & has a fully stocked bar (unavailable to VPRs).  H-E-Double Hockey Sticks is merely a Pit Stop before the next Season.  The Reunion will air on an unending loop, which will be punishment enough for all our Sins.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
5 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

I will NEVER forgive or forget the despicable demise of my SHIVA.

I need LVP to tell Kirkman he's an awfully silly boy who has a lot in common with Jax - except for the sex ...

I'm still not over Glenn. Bastards!  Thankfully I was in the Caribbean for the Shiva episode and I'm not going to watch it.  

In my mind, Glenn is somewhere searching for supplies in a hot rod and Shiva is riding shotgun.

If Beautiful Jerry, fine ass bearer of fruit cobblers gets killed, I'm going to find Kirkman and hurt him.

• Love 3
On 3/15/2018 at 3:52 PM, WhosThatGirl said:

He's the Cowardly Lion.

FI is the Scarecrow and Jax is the Tinman.

Edited by SarahPrtr
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, dosodog said:

I'm still not over Glenn. Bastards!  Thankfully I was in the Caribbean for the Shiva episode and I'm not going to watch it.  

In my mind, Glenn is somewhere searching for supplies in a hot rod and Shiva is riding shotgun.

If Beautiful Jerry, fine ass bearer of fruit cobblers gets killed, I'm going to find Kirkman and hurt him.

I watch True Crime Shows, and have some tricks up my sleeve.  Kirkman's been #1 on my "kill if I'm dying " list for a very long time ...

Oh, and shut the fuck up, Stassi!  You are not pretty or clever.

Edited by walnutqueen
m is next to n
  • Love 4

Katie did just fine kicking FI's ass out on her own,.  I'm not sure what she actually needs Schwartz for and/or why she keeps him around thb.  He's useless.  He's cute and can be charming, but that only goes so far. 

The problem is that no man on this show is really worth much. And if you want to fulfill the SAD (standard American Dream) of having a family, you have to pick a bozo and go with it. If these men are representative of the kind of men you meet in LA(and I include all of the ancillary off-camera men that we know about in this), then Schwartz is the least offensive option. 

• Love 3
18 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I think this is very well stated. Every marginalized group has their own set of challenges, but that doesn't mean they are the same. And, let's remember that it isn't only men who tend to disbelieve women when they talk about these things.  Women can be just as cruel, sometimes even more.

On another note, can we PLEASE dispense with the idea that because he was drunk, he didn't realize he was being inappropriate?  It's insulting to men. I have been around plenty of drunk men, and they don't suddenly turn into predatory gropers who don't respect boundaries. This idea that "boys will be boys" bullshit needs to end.

• Love 21
22 hours ago, Jennifersdc said:

For kicks I looked at Jeremy’s Twitter. Thinking maybe he’d apologize at least for at the very least boorish behavior caught on camera.  

Nope. Not Jeremy! He wants us all to know what a superior human being he is with love and kindness for all! He also takes an indirect dig at Stassi for somebody not “being in his league”.

What on earth would this guy’s “League” be? The Bad News Bears?

I don’t get it. Say what you will about Stassi, but she is really pretty and she’s been a “star” on this show since it started. Jeremy got a busboy job at SUR basically because of his sister and is on the show for the same reason. And I saw a ton of guys who looked just like him while I was in college, skipping class and playing hacky sack, years ago, so he’s not especially remarkable looks wise. So maybe she’s literally not in his hacky sack league? I dunno.

• Love 16
22 hours ago, Judi Sunshine said:

And I'm usually Stassi's first defender, but I'm kind of with Lala on this one. I get all the defense of why she rained on Billie's parade and don't even disagree per se, but Billie looked so happy and I felt that if it were truly about protecting her, they could have delivered the warning with a bit more kindness. I think specifically what bugged me was the implication that Jeremy was throwing his dick against the wall to see what sticks, and Billie happened to be receptive, rather than the idea that he simply likes Billie.

Thank you for introducing another perspective. Now that I think about it, I can see how it might be perceived like they were saying Jeremy is just after anyone and everyone, and that might make Billie feel less than special. As bitchy as those two can be, I really do think there was a motive to warn the girl, and Jeremy's actions speak for themselves. But I can see how someone might perceive it that way. 

The problem was, Lala was the only one really tackling that angle. Ariana and Tom were flat out denying that anything could have ever happened. Ever. That was incredibly ignorant and disgusting. 

• Love 7
20 hours ago, SheTalksShit said:

One thousand percent. 

And she's doing the opposite - taking him on vacation and buying him big ticket birthday presents. I really do like Brittany, but she's really sort of pathetic. 

20 hours ago, bosawks said:

Minus her dad. 

• Love 6
21 hours ago, PetuniaP said:

As much as I'd like to see Billie in a happy relationship, I think there is 0% chance that Jeremy will be the one. He's just another famewhore in search of a storyline. He's been lurking behind Tom and Ariana for a few seasons now and, maybe, if he's lucky, gets to say a line or two in a season. I think he has finally cottoned on the idea that a relationship is the way to gain some prominence, ala James Kennedy dating Kristen. But all of the main chickadees were taken, which leaves Billie, who also happens to be new to the show. Jeremy must have creamed his pants at the idea of having cameras on him without Ariana around. So not really buying this "Stassi is trying to kill the grand romance" fantasy that is being slung around. 

I get the feeling the wedding is not the first time Jeremy has been creepy anyway. Both Stassi and Kristen are well used to being hit on by drunken idiots. But they way they described Jeremy seemed to indicate a pattern of creepiness that reached an apex at the wedding. Pure speculation on my part but I'm sure more will come out to support my theory. 

100% agree. I’m pretty sure Jeremy asked Billie out ala for an entry onto the show. Much like James re Kristen. At least James can be amusing at times.

I haven’t particularly warmed to Billie. I do think she likes to stir the pot and she’s purely on the show to show how down Bravo/LVP is with LGBT - particularly transgender. 

I think that’s great in theory. She’s just not that interesting to me. Can they get one of the transgender drag queens from RuPaul? They’re a few I’m sure who would be very happy to get easy VP cash and exposure (though unfortunately for us they’d be leaving the fabulous drag costumes/make-up at home). Even if it means playing hostess at Sur a few hours a week.

Bravo puts MTV to shame - particularly with all the nasty homophobic shit that just went down on TM (apologies for those not familiar - google David Eason). Andy and LVP would have escorted their ass to the door in two seconds along with a hefty boot in the ass on their way out for good measure. 

• Love 3
4 hours ago, PetuniaP said:

The problem is that no man on this show is really worth much. And if you want to fulfill the SAD (standard American Dream) of having a family, you have to pick a bozo and go with it. If these men are representative of the kind of men you meet in LA(and I include all of the ancillary off-camera men that we know about in this), then Schwartz is the least offensive option. 

There are decent guys in LA.  They just might not be mactors or SUR bartenders.

• LOL 1
  • Love 5

Brian Moylan's recap has been mentioned a number of times, but not linked, so here it is. I thought it was particularly interesting and well-written.

Team Jeremy can all shut the hell up, and fast, because his behavior was completely inappropriate, no matter whether or not he was drinking or whether or not the target of his "affections" is likeable or not.

• Love 11

This season has been mostly fun to watch and snark on, until now. This episode basically just left me disappointed in everyone. 

In Tom/Ariana for blindly defending Jeremy. In Schwartz for yet again, not standing up for his wife, Katie to his other spouse, Sandoval. For Brittany having to always call each parent to let them know what Jax did wrong. And did she say “I hope Meemaw (Mamaw? Whatever) doesn’t find out!” Why the hell does Meemaw need to know? Be an adult and deal with your relationship problems. Or don’t. But in the future, don’t sit and wonder why your family (minus Frostylips) hates your man. 

Edited by Batwings
  • Love 8
On 3/13/2018 at 12:00 PM, Stan39 said:

Of course all of this changes if in the next episode James' dad walks in with an awkward looking Micheal Cera. 

Ha!!

On 3/13/2018 at 12:07 PM, Fiero425 said:

I'm not justifying anything; I just don't care! She's a rotten person who doesn't deserve the benefit of the doubt! Stassi isn't one of those people who makes mistakes often; she's calculating and goes out of her way to HURT people! Cry me a river someone pawed her in a drunken state! She ought to be lucky to get any attention with the way she's behaved over the years! ;-(

Jesus fucking Christ.  

So by that logic...  I hate Ariana, I find her smug and idiotic.  So she really deserves to be raped!  She should be so lucky!  ;-)

On 3/14/2018 at 12:37 PM, walnutqueen said:

Oh, and by the way, it's "alkies".  ""Alchies" are alchemists.  Know that.  ;-)

{we will never fulfill your emotional needs!"}

I love that about me!

• Love 17

I will agree with Stassi this once.   There is footage of him being creepy and I don't necessarily even need to see that.  Stassi has bad taste in men but I can't see her being attracted to Jeremy so I would believe her if she said that.  Yes, she probably is sick of defending men because she dates so many assholes.  I don't know if someone like Stassi (or any of the cast) is suitable for meeting a stable person while on the show....or maybe even otherwise.   I wanted to punch FI for him telling Stassi to watch herself. There are many times to yell at Stassi for being a jerk, and this just made him look shitty.

Jax is such an shit bird.  But you know who sucks more?   Brittany's mom for telling her to stick with him and do her best.  WHAT!  Lady with 4 divorces you have the same taste in men as Stassi.

• Love 4
On 3/14/2018 at 5:30 PM, yourmomiseasy said:

Sandoval definitely sounds like an idiot and should’ve just stfu-ed about it all but Nikolai was 12 at the time and I also found his sage act super annoying. I blame the producers though, not the kid. They obviously think/know some people found it charming and had him do it again since people liked him so much back when he was 8 and spouting wisdom. It kinda worked at 8 but it was just dumb at 12, imo. Still, Sandoval this doesn’t make you look good at all.

On 3/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, SheTalksShit said:

I think her family knows she loves him and so they sorta feel like they have to like him, if that makes sense. But if Brit got over him tomorrow and dumped him, they wouldn't shed any tears! 

I disagree when it comes to Mama. She’s thirsty and I think she’s literally part of why Brittany stays with him.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:07 PM, walnutqueen said:

If Brittany ever does leave Jax, I'm fairly certain Kentucky Fried Frosted Lips will comfort  him.

Yes, she definitely wants to hit it and I’m sure Jax would.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:11 AM, WhosThatGirl said:

This. I said something quite similar a few pages back. They refused to hear anything anyone was saying. And then my least favorite part-don’t get me wrong watching FI barged into an apartment just to scream is beyond awful but this was  what I hated- was when all the girls were out to dinner and Arinia starts getting upset and then Lala hugs her and starts saying about Katie and Stassi “they are about to go to a place where they cannot come back from”um.. what? 

Do you call her Arinia for a reason? Just wondering if it means something because I’ve noticed you always do. I think what Ariana meant with that was that she would no longer be able to “make nice” and be fake friendly or film with them because they were crossing some line in her mind by pointing out the truth about her brother. I think she meant she wouldn’t be able to forgive them if it kept going, I don’t think it was some kind of threat against them. Like, she can get past all the other shit that goes down between them all but bringing up stuff about her brother would be going too far.

On 3/15/2018 at 1:16 PM, ivygirl said:

What on earth would this guy’s “League” be? The Bad News Bears?

I don’t get it. Say what you will about Stassi, but she is really pretty and she’s been a “star” on this show since it started. Jeremy got a busboy job at SUR basically because of his sister and is on the show for the same reason. And I saw a ton of guys who looked just like him while I was in college, skipping class and playing hacky sack, years ago, so he’s not especially remarkable looks wise. So maybe she’s literally not in his hacky sack league? I dunno.

I literally think Jeremy is fugly and I did before all of this came out. He looks like Ariana somewhat but it doesn’t work on a male like it does on a female, I guess. He looks very rat-like. Weird mouth/nose area.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3

So, the Bravo app finally let me see the second half of the episode. I went into watching it with all of ^this^ vitriol towards Sandoval and Jeremy etc. in mind. I also had “liked” a lot of the #metoo type posts so I went into this FIRMLY in my mind to be outraged toward the men and take a Lala-level approach to Woman Power. I think my expectations were set too high here because, yes, a drunken Jeremy pawed at Stassi at the wedding and he SHOULD have kept his bleeping hands to himself. But I didn’t think Sandoval was the monster he was being made out to be in this situation. Stassi herself said that Sandoval was busy with his trumpet solo, and—from what I can tell—the girls weren’t saying Jeremy is always a creeper, but his drunken behavior one night is painting him as someone “not to be alone with.” People are also complaining about Schwartz not standing up for Hiswoman, but on the other side of the coin, Sandoval is being criticized for standing up for Hiswoman. So which is it? Should the guys be standing up for Theirwomen or not? Ariana was VERY upset, so Sandoval got impassioned in her (and her brother’s) defense. As for what Ariana meant at the dinner about how “They’re about to go somewhere they won’t ever be able to come back from,” she’s had YEARS of a bad relationship with these women. They’re not friends, and yet she was JUST starting to be okay with Katie—as long as Stassi and Kristen aren’t there to turn her. She was forced into filming this group dinner and probably didn’t want to be there in the first place but is trying to give them the benefit of the doubt that MAYBE they can at least have a decent evening as acquaintances. But as soon as they sit down she realizes “We have gathered here together this evening to ambush you about your brother!” Hell, yeah, she was pissed! And I’m sure she went running right home to Sandoval to tell him how these b!tches are bullying her yet again—now pulling her brother into it. So while I AGREE that what Jeremy did to Stassi was wrong, and it was ALSO sh!tty that here’s another #metoo and #timesup example of a woman being questioned or assuming she’s lying—100% that’s wrong—I can ALSO see where Sandoval is coming from and why he’s defending Ariana by defending Jeremy. The REAL sh!t-stirrer here is Scheana. Convenient that SHE’s the one to relay the story to Ariana—no doubt with her own exaggerations because she can’t stand the coven—and then immediately peaces out when the topic comes up at dinner. 

But, okay, enough with the heavy stuff. The moment of the week for me was God transferring George Michael’s musical talent into DJ Jazzy James via baptism. I died!! Sandoval might have his trumpet, jump rope, knife, outfits, etc, but does he have “Careless Whisper”-infused holy water seeping into his soul?! I think not! Of course I’m picturing George Michael breaking into “Faith” at the pulpit.

• Love 2